Site Tag Cloud

• CommentTimeMar 18th, 2010 6:47pm (Mar 18th 2010)

How lovely Red its a wonderful photo!!!!!!! :cry:
    • CommentTimeMar 18th, 2010 7:01pm (Mar 18th 2010)

Beautiful pictures Red and they brought tears to my eyes, it don't seem possible we won't see her again.
    • CommentTimeMar 18th, 2010 9:35pm (Mar 18th 2010)

Oh me too NN. I'm sitting here with a tear running down my cheek.

It made me think that before hencam I didn't really think much about chickens. Don't get me wrong, I like all animals, but chickens were just stupid birds weren't they? Milly taught me that they are clever, loving, funny, cute, facinating ...
      CommentAuthorDianeonWhidbey
    • CommentTimeMar 19th, 2010 6:12pm (Mar 19th 2010)

Milly Feb 2010
      CommentAuthorDianeonWhidbey
    • CommentTimeMar 19th, 2010 6:13pm (Mar 19th 2010) edited

That was my last printscreen of Milly. February 2010. :heart:

(I'm sure there is a way to resize it. Couldn't figure out how though.)

• CommentTimeMar 19th, 2010 6:36pm (Mar 19th 2010)

Diane thats a lovely photo of Milly Well done for finding it :sun:
      CommentAuthorDianeonWhidbey
    • CommentTimeMar 20th, 2010 1:28am (Mar 20th 2010)

Thanks Lee. Red's wonderful shots made me think of it.
    • CommentTimeMar 22nd, 2010 7:58pm (Mar 22nd 2010)

We were talking about Milly today, and remembered that her first impression on Lyle was smearing her very filthy rear end against him (and staining his jeans!) whilst i gave her her antibiotics! :heart:
    • CommentTimeMar 22nd, 2010 8:15pm (Mar 22nd 2010)

Very nice Red You can,t beat a bit of chicken poo on your cloths especially if it is one of those lovely smelly ones!!!!!!!!!!!!!:ack2:
    • CommentTimeMar 22nd, 2010 8:50pm (Mar 22nd 2010)

How sweet...Millypoo brought you together...:D
    • CommentAuthorsara
    • CommentTimeMar 22nd, 2010 10:19pm (Mar 22nd 2010)

So sad when they die,. Love the photos of milly, Glad i have some of Ginger.
    • CommentTimeMar 26th, 2010 9:35am (Mar 26th 2010) edited

I wonder if the Easter Bunny will be bringing an Easter Egg to join Penny and Tilly.
    • CommentTimeMar 26th, 2010 7:22pm (Mar 26th 2010)

Ollie, I was hoping for the same thing. Maybe the Easter Bunny will come to Hencam.:mdr:
    • CommentTimeMar 26th, 2010 8:07pm (Mar 26th 2010)

When is Easter....?

Keep forgetting to look at the chucks in the day :-\
    • CommentTimeMar 26th, 2010 8:08pm (Mar 26th 2010)

WHAT IS UP WITH THE DRATTED SMILEY CODES?!?!?!?!? AAAAGH!

*breathes slowly*

it's quite annoying....
    • CommentTimeMar 26th, 2010 8:24pm (Mar 26th 2010)

Easter Sunday is the 4th of April. And yes, the smiley codes have gone mental. But a tiny bit of me is glad that it's not just me...:D
    • CommentTimeMar 26th, 2010 8:26pm (Mar 26th 2010) edited

Let me try the smiley codes :bigsmile::bigsmile::bigsmile::bigsmile::bigsmile::bigsmile::bigsmile::bigsmile::bigsmile::bigsmile::bigsmile::bigsmile::bigsmile::bigsmile::bigsmile::bigsmile::bigsmile::bigsmile::bigsmile::bigsmile::bigsmile::bigsmile::bigsmile::bigsmile::bigsmile::bigsmile::bigsmile:
    Yep they look fine to me!!Let me just try again!!!:bigsmile::bigsmile::bigsmile::bigsmile:Yep there fine.
    • CommentTimeMar 26th, 2010 8:30pm (Mar 26th 2010)

Well they don't work for me. :(
    • CommentTimeMar 26th, 2010 8:30pm (Mar 26th 2010) edited

Lee, the code you are using for them is :bigsmile :, yes?

Well, you used to be able to get the exact same smiley by typing in :D

It's really annoying!!! And the rolling eyes one, which was :-\ , well i don't know what it is now...just whining about it really :P
    • CommentTimeMar 26th, 2010 8:30pm (Mar 26th 2010)

See?
    • CommentTimeMar 26th, 2010 8:32pm (Mar 26th 2010)

If you type in : bigsmile : (without the spaces) you will get the old :D face CC, but it is rubbish...
    • CommentTimeMar 26th, 2010 8:34pm (Mar 26th 2010)

You have lost me girls!!!!!!!!!!!!
    • CommentTimeMar 26th, 2010 8:34pm (Mar 26th 2010) edited

I don,t get it!!!!!!!!
    • CommentTimeMar 26th, 2010 8:38pm (Mar 26th 2010)

Hmmm, it is all very confusing!

Basically, the codes have changed on the forum for the vanillacons. It used to be you could just put in :) and you would get :smile: , whereas now you actually have to type in the proper codes (such as : smile : = :smile: ) to get them...it's just irritating because it takes longer!
    • CommentTimeMar 26th, 2010 8:50pm (Mar 26th 2010)

I See!!!!!!!!!!! Sorry i did not go to School I was always Skivvying!!!!!!
    • CommentTimeMar 26th, 2010 8:56pm (Mar 26th 2010)

S'okay, i think it's just that those of us who've been on the forum since it began are used to the smiley codes how they were (there were only a few smilies at first!)...and i skived quite a bit at secondary school too :tongue:
    • CommentTimeMar 26th, 2010 10:38pm (Mar 26th 2010)

Hope your Mum and Dad knew about your sciving from school, 'cos they do now!
    • CommentTimeMar 26th, 2010 10:38pm (Mar 26th 2010) edited

:cat::_photos::_phone:
    There's nowt wrong wit smilling codes...
    • CommentTimeMar 27th, 2010 7:50am (Mar 27th 2010)

:bigsmile:yep mine is fine:cat::zzzzz-chick:
    • CommentTimeMar 27th, 2010 12:50pm (Mar 27th 2010) edited

No, they don't work any more. :cry: ooo, that one did, though? Praps it only likes the miserable ones! :)
    • CommentTimeMar 27th, 2010 2:46pm (Mar 27th 2010)

Posted By: ollie in UKHope your Mum and Dad knew about your sciving from school, 'cos they do now!

Yeah, they probably did.

All the vanillacons work if you click on the codes in the drop down menu's.

It's the ones that weren't in the menu list (such as :) :( :P ;) etc) that no longer work. Hope that clears it up!
    • CommentTimeApr 1st, 2010 2:22pm (Apr 1st 2010)

I can clear up the smiley situation:

There were two 'extensions' installed on the forum which handled smilies - the first 'vanillacons' is the one where you click the drop-down and select the relevant smilie pic. The second was an extension that scanned posts and looked for common bits of text such as :p :D etc, and turned them into the correct code for vanillacons to display a smilie.

Unfortunately, something happened to the second extension which caused it to go postal and wipe all posts so nothing was displayed (you remember when that happened, right?), so at the moment it's disabled, for now and for the foreseeable future.

As it won't be coming back, you can either get used to seeing good-old ascii art smilies like :D or you can use the Vanillacons page to insert the smilie you want.

Sorry, but that's how it is. ;-)
    • CommentTimeApr 1st, 2010 7:02pm (Apr 1st 2010)

Bloody technology...:_oh_really::D
    • CommentTimeApr 1st, 2010 9:30pm (Apr 1st 2010)

That seems all very acceptable to me, Neil. Well as much as I can understand anyway.
    Seems like nothing has changed in the end. ie., back to square one.
    Or am I totally confused?

I'll try a few of my faves...
    :sun::flying::icon_ninja::drinkparty::drinkparty::woohoo:
    I adore that last one and tried to put it onto my daily "to do" list but he won't run along on there.
    • CommentTimeApr 5th, 2010 1:22pm (Apr 5th 2010)

Girls look like they have lots of green munchies today! Bet it's that bag of salad i brought back from uni and never actually ate... :P
    • CommentTimeApr 5th, 2010 1:22pm (Apr 5th 2010)

Three eggs in the nest box!!!
    • CommentTimeApr 5th, 2010 10:11pm (Apr 5th 2010)

My girls started laying a couple weeks ago, when the days got long enough. I'm getting between 4 and 8 a day now. I'm running out of people to give them to.
    • CommentTimeApr 6th, 2010 3:05am (Apr 6th 2010)

How old do they have to be to start laying? I'm not sure if Littlebeak is laying or not; she's only 3/4s the size of Livia, so i would have thought not, but Onion seems to think she's grown up now...
    • CommentTimeApr 6th, 2010 7:27am (Apr 6th 2010)

CC, my little Silkie babies started laying about a month ago. I think at 6 mo. they are old enough to be considered grown up. Mine are still smaller than their mothers, but they are all laying now. I'm just happy they all 4 turned out to be little girls.
    • CommentTimeApr 6th, 2010 7:29am (Apr 6th 2010) edited

The Sun is up and the girls are outside scratching around eating breakfast. It still seem so strange not to see Milly down there with them. :sad:
    • CommentTimeApr 6th, 2010 4:34pm (Apr 6th 2010)

There were 2 eggs in the box today; that would appear to answer my question! :)
    • CommentTimeApr 7th, 2010 8:23am (Apr 7th 2010)

Posted By: chief chickenThere were 2 eggs in the box today; that would appear to answer my question! :)

Yes, your question was surely answered, CC. Your baby is all grown up.:bigsmile:
    • CommentTimeApr 7th, 2010 8:31am (Apr 7th 2010)

My goodness Tilly and Penny are talking a lot this morning. I think they are calling Neil to come feed them.
    • CommentTimeApr 7th, 2010 8:46pm (Apr 7th 2010)

Posted By: LynnWWay to go Penny and Tilly!!..OK, so we know it's only one that has laid all the eggs ( but we can't let "you know who" feel bad for being a slacker" )

Hahahahahahaha :rolling:

CC, the average age for a hen to start laying is anywhere between 18 - 24 weeks old, but it can be younger or much much older! Also depends what time of year they were born, what breed they are, what the weather's like and all sorts of other stuff...

Lynn, we still miss Milly too. Was having a sad moment last night so me and Lyle were talking about her, and it was the memory of her getting poop on his trousers during their first encounter that got me laughing again :smileyhappy:
    • CommentTimeApr 7th, 2010 9:20pm (Apr 7th 2010)

Posted By: Redit was the memory of her getting poop on his trousers during their first encounter that got me laughing again

Does that poor bor realise what a wicked woman you are, Red??:)
    • CommentTimeApr 8th, 2010 1:10pm (Apr 8th 2010)

Oh yes :devil:
    • CommentTimeApr 9th, 2010 9:23pm (Apr 9th 2010)

Tilly was sitting in front of the mirror this lunch time just looking at herself. I did try to capture it on the screen saving thingie but haven't got the right programe for it so that's something I will have to have a go at sorting out. Bless her though she looked as if she had hypnotised herself !!!
    • CommentTimeApr 9th, 2010 9:36pm (Apr 9th 2010)

Has she been reading Paul McKenna books? :)
    • CommentTimeApr 10th, 2010 6:41pm (Apr 10th 2010)

Or did this budgie get in with Tilly and penny?????
      hypnotized-cat.jpg
    • CommentTimeApr 10th, 2010 7:41pm (Apr 10th 2010)

Ha ha that is just so cute, although the cat reminds me of Grandad North when I am going on about something ha ha
    • CommentTimeApr 10th, 2010 7:42pm (Apr 10th 2010)

I saw Neil in the mirror this afternoon looked like he had a feather duster !!??
    • CommentTimeApr 10th, 2010 9:02pm (Apr 10th 2010)

We call em "ticklin' sticks" oop norf'
    • CommentTimeApr 10th, 2010 9:06pm (Apr 10th 2010)

He must have been tickling the spiders from the coop then, the girls were quite interested in what he was up to.
    • CommentTimeApr 10th, 2010 10:19pm (Apr 10th 2010)

I was shovelling... dirt, Joe was cleaning the perspex in the coop, could have been a bottle brush for the girl's water.

And don't forget the unwritten rule of hencam forum - NO lolcat pictures PLEASE!!! ;-)
    • CommentTimeApr 10th, 2010 10:29pm (Apr 10th 2010)

Hiya man, if I have written you an email please reply...can't remember if I have or not, am tired :)
    • CommentTimeApr 10th, 2010 10:31pm (Apr 10th 2010)

OOOh actually are you on gmail, shall check...
    • CommentTimeApr 10th, 2010 11:30pm (Apr 10th 2010)

Why no lolcat pictures???? They are so funn-eee!

Glad to hear you've got Joe taking over the cleaning role in the coop!
    • CommentTimeApr 11th, 2010 4:43pm (Apr 11th 2010) edited

Erm I don't want the forum overrun with "craaazzeee" pics - think back to when Viki's friend joined...

So there's a ban on lolcats :wink:
    • CommentTimeApr 11th, 2010 6:35pm (Apr 11th 2010)

Good...I like the pics but the 'language' brings me out in a rash!
    • CommentTimeApr 11th, 2010 7:42pm (Apr 11th 2010)

Oh well slap hands for me then!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :crying:
    • CommentTimeApr 11th, 2010 7:44pm (Apr 11th 2010)

I think Neil just meant the lolcats ones Lee cos they use bad language in a lot of them
    • CommentTimeApr 11th, 2010 7:54pm (Apr 11th 2010)

What are the LOLCATS ones then perhaps i am a bit naive!!!!!!!!!!!!!i am the new boy remember!!!! help me please!!!
    • CommentTimeApr 11th, 2010 7:58pm (Apr 11th 2010)

I am not totally sure Lee I did have some sent to me in a e-mail once and they had bad language on them. Ive never looked at the site I just assumed they were all rude.
    • CommentTimeApr 11th, 2010 8:10pm (Apr 11th 2010)

Ok I understand NN :sun:
    • CommentTimeApr 11th, 2010 8:29pm (Apr 11th 2010) edited

I just googled lolcats and found them not very offensive.

Talking of cats. What do I do about a tom cat neutered over a year ago but was seen to spray in the house? Now another tom cat, that big ginger tom that is a country wide menace, has come into the house, more than once, through the flap.
    • CommentTimeApr 11th, 2010 8:35pm (Apr 11th 2010)

No rules here really, just to be nice and not talk in txt spk ;-)

Which is probably why lolcats are banned LOL!
    • CommentTimeApr 11th, 2010 9:42pm (Apr 11th 2010)

I visit the lolcats site every day and its very rare there is anything offensive - I can't remember one! However, I do remember all the text speak nightmare. Occasionally I'll send a lolcat picture to someone if it is very relevant to something going on and if its very funny. We all need a laugh nowadays!
    • CommentTimeApr 11th, 2010 9:48pm (Apr 11th 2010)

Is it your cat Ollie? If its spraying in the house is a change of habit then maybe it is upset by the ginger tom - cats are very territorial. If the ginger cat is entering the house of the neutered tom and spraying (i.e. marking it as 'his') then the resident cat is going to be very upset. If I remember rightly you should use bicarbonate of soda to neutralise the scent - from a cat's nose point of view!
    • CommentTimeApr 12th, 2010 5:02pm (Apr 12th 2010)

Ollie, if you whispered me your name/address, I have some spray called @Feliway@ which is sposed to stop them spraying. It didn't work for us with Bits, but it might for you. The other tom is making yours insecure which is why he's spraying I expect.
    • CommentAuthorRonald
    • CommentTimeApr 12th, 2010 6:30pm (Apr 12th 2010)

Thanks Neil for the update on Milly's page, and thanks for the pictures it’s nice to see Milly’s Tree an excellent choice a white flowering cherry tree.
    • CommentTimeApr 12th, 2010 6:58pm (Apr 12th 2010)

Yes thank you Neil, I did have a cry you have written it all so beautifully and Milly's tree and flowering shrub are lovely and chosen with loving care. How lovely that CC is to make the plaque.
    • CommentTimeApr 12th, 2010 7:00pm (Apr 12th 2010)

Ronald when are the Eagles going to nest again, it must be soon ? I would love to watch them again this year.
    • CommentTimeApr 12th, 2010 8:37pm (Apr 12th 2010) edited

They were great to watch as they grew up, and everyone's updates were interesting too.

As for Milly's tree, it's called Prunus 'Fragrant Cloud' - we were lucky enough to get one that has fragrant flowers which is nice, as apparently most cherry blossoms don't smell at all, we're waiting for those first blossoms on the tree with baited breath!
    • CommentTimeApr 12th, 2010 8:44pm (Apr 12th 2010)

My cherry is in full bloom but it is pink. It is in it's second year and looks the same size as yours.
    I was thinking of collecting some of the blossom as it falls and pressing some. It is soon gone.

I must go have a look and see if the Japanese are having their cherry blossom festivals, I had forgotten...

Milly, missed by many
    • CommentTimeApr 12th, 2010 8:47pm (Apr 12th 2010)

Further down the road as it enters Harden the lane has cherry blossoms lining both sides and for a few short days every year it's absolutely beautiful. There's a mixture of pink and white blossoms and it's lovely.

I think ours is supposed to blossom in May so it has to get a move on or it will be late!
    • CommentTimeApr 12th, 2010 8:53pm (Apr 12th 2010)

Oh, it happens so suddenly Neil. One min it is just showing tiny wee buds and then - bamm! there it is!
    • CommentTimeApr 12th, 2010 10:15pm (Apr 12th 2010)

Thanks for the update Neil. The box for her ashes is beautiful. I found it quite reassuring that Sue called you about the grit in the ashes. My one concern about cremation is the worry that it won't be my pets ashes I get back. (Strangely enough, Patrick and Molly's ashes were different colours!)

I think the falcons are already nesting - someone mentioned it on another forum but I forgot to check it out.
    • CommentTimeApr 13th, 2010 6:23am (Apr 13th 2010)

Have read the update on Milly and the tree Neil, had a little cry, just a beautiful tribute to her.
    The lady Sue sounded so nice and caring which makes things all a bit easier.:heartsabove:
    • CommentTimeApr 16th, 2010 7:57pm (Apr 16th 2010)

Yumm the girls are tucking into some bread and butter or something similar. One of then trod on a big piece and it stuck to her foot for a moment. Ha ha
    • CommentTimeApr 16th, 2010 8:16pm (Apr 16th 2010)

I wish i could have seen that NN Chickens are so funny I watched one of mine slip over on a wet bit of plastic once!!!!!!!!!!:rollonfloorlaughing::rollonfloorlaughing::rollonfloorlaughing:
    • CommentTimeApr 16th, 2010 8:24pm (Apr 16th 2010) edited

Ha ha it is so funny what we laugh about it made me smile to think about it.
    Sootz my big Mainecoon cat loves the bathroom and is mega pleased if you turn on the bath tap for him so he can play in the water. I turned the shower on once instead and it scared him so much but it was so funny he was scrabbling about trying to get out of the bath in a hurry. He had the last laugh though as he went and dried himself off on my pillow!!!! He now knows which tap is which he don't miss much.
    • CommentTimeApr 17th, 2010 7:50pm (Apr 17th 2010)

I can't believe the girls are still up and about! Maybe they've heard my son is on his way up to Bradford for an ice hockey game - 10pm face off!
    • CommentTimeApr 17th, 2010 8:09pm (Apr 17th 2010)

10pm??? :gasp:Why so late? That's ridiculous...I hope you aren't having to be chauffeuse again!
    • CommentTimeApr 18th, 2010 8:41pm (Apr 18th 2010)

Have the girls had a row?
    One is up in the 'bed' but where is the other?
    • CommentTimeApr 18th, 2010 8:51pm (Apr 18th 2010)

I have e-mailed Neil to check Ollie as I can not see her either it is to dark
    • CommentTimeApr 18th, 2010 9:25pm (Apr 18th 2010)

No CC, he was having a lift with a mate. They lost, 7-6 in overtime. Refs were appauling, but then they usually are in Bradford!!
    • CommentTimeApr 18th, 2010 9:29pm (Apr 18th 2010)

Panic over girls I just got an e-mail from Neil and she is sleeping on the floor for some reason but she is safe and well thank goodness.
    • CommentTimeApr 18th, 2010 9:49pm (Apr 18th 2010)

Thanks for that NN and Neil - its good to know all is well!
    • CommentTimeApr 18th, 2010 9:59pm (Apr 18th 2010)

Thanks for the swift action there. I heard Red and Lyle go to the coop but couldn't come to any conclusion as I have a very tentative link to Hencam and keep needing to refresh. I think it is Tiscali, my provider, as my link is always classed as low or poor, yet 100yards away at house with cable link it is excellent.
    • CommentTimeApr 18th, 2010 10:08pm (Apr 18th 2010)

Mine messes about as well Ollie, but my pooter is old now and the battery is shot. I have to keep it plugged in all the time. I could get a new battery but the cost puts me off. I keep nursing it along somehow though !! Well I am off to make the the lads their snap and then I am off to my bed, Nighty night see you tomorrow xx
    • CommentTimeApr 18th, 2010 11:17pm (Apr 18th 2010)

Yeah, me and Lyle went to check on them after my dad read NN's email. We were pretty sure Tillyhen was okay, because we'd just let her out an hour or so before and she seemed fine.

They were both in brilliant moods, actually, and both of them let me cuddle them. Was really shocked at Tilly cos she normally gets really annoyed and fidgety and demands to be put down. Pennyhen normally enjoys it more as long as she isn't in an overly panicky mood.
    • CommentTimeApr 19th, 2010 4:58am (Apr 19th 2010)

I can only see the back side of one of the girls, but she seems to be alright. It sure is raining hard right now, it sounds awful.
    • CommentTimeApr 19th, 2010 10:59am (Apr 19th 2010)

It's raining outside?! Well damn :laugh:

Penny appears to be laying an egg!
    • CommentTimeApr 19th, 2010 4:33pm (Apr 19th 2010)

Hahahaha! Is anyone else watching the girls play with their new toy?!

Just gave 'em it now and Tilly has been attacking it for the past 15 minutes :bigsmile:
    • CommentTimeApr 19th, 2010 5:10pm (Apr 19th 2010)

Typical when i look the whole run is in silence!!!!!!
    • CommentTimeApr 19th, 2010 5:19pm (Apr 19th 2010)

Same here Lee we have missed the fun but there will be another day and they will be more used to it.

Brilliant idea Red and will sure keep us all amused with the antics. I loved the pictures you posted on the blog as well. I have never seen the outside of the coop before !!!
    • CommentTimeApr 19th, 2010 5:25pm (Apr 19th 2010)

She just had another attack when she came down :)
    • CommentTimeApr 19th, 2010 5:27pm (Apr 19th 2010)

OH poo I missed it I will make two screens so I can watch for them
    • CommentTimeApr 19th, 2010 5:30pm (Apr 19th 2010)

Haha! It should get lots of use in future as long as people keep putting treats in there :laugh:

Keeps 'em busy and entertained, dunnit? :)
    • CommentTimeApr 19th, 2010 5:31pm (Apr 19th 2010)

Aw they're both team-working, and just got a massive lump!! :cheer: