Site Tag Cloud

21st abelow advice amazing animal animals animation apple arrived babies baby bad bald bam bath battery beak beautiful bedding belated ben big bill bird birthday black bonfire bound box breeds british broken broody bum bumblefoot bunty busy buy buying cage caged camera cannibalism captions car care cat cc chicken chickens chicks chooks christmas chucks cider clicker colour coming comp competition contact coop cooprun coops cornsnake council cross cruelty cutting day days dead death derby diane diet dog dogs dogsblog donna dora dresses drinking easter eat eating egg eggs ellie elvis emergency falcon farm favourite feather feathers feed feeding finally find fireworks firm first fluffy foggy for forum foundation free funny future garden geraldine gift girl girls glen goldie good goodbye goodness growing hagley hall halloween happy hate heat heavy helen hen hencam hens home homes horse house housing incubating info inscription introduce introduction invites james job jokes julie kate lancaster late latest lathargic laying lee leeds life litter london long lost lots love lovely lunacy lyle lynn machine mareks members memorial merry message milly missing mite moult move moving mums nanny needing neil new news nice night noisy nook norths nyc ollie online open outing page pancake parrot party pecking peregrine peregrines personal pet photos pic pics pictures plants plucking plus poland poorly post pr production prom pumpkin questions rain rat recipes red reds remember respect rip road ronston roof sad sale scam scarlet sheer shelled shipley shirley shobhna show sids sister slow snake sneezing snow soft spammers spring start stop symptoms thinking thomas ticket tilly time today tom tree trev trevs trimmed trip tutorials uk update urgent valentines vegan vinegar visitors volka walk wanted warning webcam wedding weekend welfare where white wild wilsden winnie winter women work worming wrong yay year yorkshire 1 2 4 2010 2011 2012 2013

• CommentTimeApr 19th, 2010 5:34pm (Apr 19th 2010)

Fantastic... They soon worked it all out and is such a simple but fab idea.
    • CommentTimeApr 19th, 2010 5:54pm (Apr 19th 2010)

NN, they have almost managed to get out all the lettuce!
    • CommentTimeApr 19th, 2010 5:59pm (Apr 19th 2010) edited

NN, I love these comments from you, it's exactly how I felt!

"don't they just adore it and are real enjoying the new challenge There they go again they are so clever and got it all sussed out real quickly. It is so funny when they manage to get a treat out they both dive bomb on to it they almost bang their heads together."
    The basket is empty :gasp:
    • CommentTimeApr 19th, 2010 6:16pm (Apr 19th 2010)

Thank you Red it is nice to share thoughts and feelings. I had to go and get Grandad North a coffee and I was so engrossed watching the girls I forgot to put the moussaka in the oven.... now our dinner will be a tad late good job he is good natured !!!
    • CommentTimeApr 19th, 2010 8:33pm (Apr 19th 2010)

Ha I can see the puffin I wondered what the heck sort of bird had got into the coop at first.
    One of the hens is in the nesting box and the other is stamping up and down looking in the nest box every so often. I think the one in the nest box is taking up more space than is her share. Thats probably why we couldnt see one last night she slept on the floor instead of in the nesting box.
    • CommentTimeApr 19th, 2010 9:56pm (Apr 19th 2010) edited

Here are some pics of the girls I meant to upload from a few weeks ago when they were out enjoying the sun :)
      1.jpg
      2.jpg
      3.jpg
      4.jpg
    • CommentTimeApr 19th, 2010 10:01pm (Apr 19th 2010) edited

Penny's bib isn't as bright as usual. Is this a winter/summer thing?
    I can see now why I've been having trouble telling one from t'other.
    • CommentTimeApr 19th, 2010 10:04pm (Apr 19th 2010)

Hmmm, it could be that her feathers have just changed colour slightly (that can happen after moults) or maybe that she was just finishing moulting when this pic was taken, so hadn't grown all her orange yet. I'll have to have a check tomorrow! :smile:
    • CommentTimeApr 19th, 2010 10:05pm (Apr 19th 2010)

Those pictures are great! Their feathers look amazing - I love the "ready for take off" picture at the beginning!!!
    • CommentTimeApr 19th, 2010 10:06pm (Apr 19th 2010)

Thanks Kate! I was dead lucky to get that shot of Penny :D
    • CommentTimeApr 19th, 2010 10:06pm (Apr 19th 2010)

There's always an element of luck in the best photos!
    • CommentAuthorStuart
    • CommentTimeApr 23rd, 2010 10:44am (Apr 23rd 2010)

Someone's in good voice this morning.:milly_hen::milly_hen:
    • CommentTimeApr 23rd, 2010 8:19pm (Apr 23rd 2010)

Na'then! Who put the poor puffin in the swinging basket?
    Poor bird must be absolutely terrified.
    The girls are attacking him/her with a vengeance.
    • CommentTimeApr 23rd, 2010 8:29pm (Apr 23rd 2010)

Crickey, now the camera has swung round a bit I see we have an alien form on the floor beneath the basket. And it is thinking about a cereer in football....

What's going on in there?

I bet Red hasn't gone back to Uni yet!!!
    • CommentTimeApr 23rd, 2010 8:30pm (Apr 23rd 2010)

Posted By: ollie in UKNa'then! Who put the poor puffin in the swinging basket?
    Poor bird must be absolutely terrified.
    The girls are attacking him/her with a vengeance.

Yesssss! :cheer:

Awesome! We had a re-vamp of the coop too, has anyone noticed? All the pots and their fave perch have been swapped around, as well as all the dirt been turned. We've had a busy day with the animals today!
    • CommentTimeApr 23rd, 2010 8:31pm (Apr 23rd 2010)

Cross-post Ollie!
    • CommentTimeApr 24th, 2010 7:44am (Apr 24th 2010)

Goodness the girls are making a racket..maybe one laid an egg..I don't see one, but the view isn't too great for that. They are outside this morning and I don't see anyone in the nest box..Red will have to check around the ground.
    • CommentTimeApr 24th, 2010 8:04am (Apr 24th 2010)

I see what has upset the girls now..it's the neighbor's kitty walking around the outside of the cage.
    • CommentAuthorStuart
    • CommentTimeApr 24th, 2010 3:18pm (Apr 24th 2010)

:turkeydance:I see a football in the coop, are they going to train for June's world cup? England might need a couple of good strikers.
    • CommentAuthorStuart
    • CommentTimeApr 24th, 2010 3:20pm (Apr 24th 2010)

If I had my eyes open properly I would have notice the basket too, maybe they are to join a basket ball team.
    • CommentTimeApr 24th, 2010 6:25pm (Apr 24th 2010)

I get to see the girls in the daylight and a beautiful view of the village from the roving cam..LOVE IT!!
    • CommentTimeApr 24th, 2010 6:38pm (Apr 24th 2010)

It's so funny to see the girls playing with the new basket.. :bigsmile:
    • CommentTimeApr 24th, 2010 6:46pm (Apr 24th 2010)

Looks like they have dispatched the puffin, or he is just cowering down.... The basket is still getting a battering....
    • CommentTimeApr 26th, 2010 6:35am (Apr 26th 2010)

The girls are still in bed and it's daylight outside..they must have had a late night..oh here came Penny down to check things out. ..now Tilly has come down too. They must know someone is here watching them now.
    • CommentAuthorrebann
    • CommentTimeApr 26th, 2010 6:57am (Apr 26th 2010)

Hi there ive just joined this site and was interested about the runny pooh issue my chucks are just the same today! we have had them for 4 days and today they dont want to come out the hen house. Anyone know what could be wrong with them?
    • CommentTimeApr 26th, 2010 11:00am (Apr 26th 2010) edited

Hi rebann,

Do the chickens look depressed? Droopy tails, not scratching in the dirt, lethargic, unwilling to eat/drink? Any/all of those symptoms mean you should get them to a vet asap.

It's possible that it might be something as simple as the shock of moving to new surroundings, they could just be settling in.

However, it could also be coccidiosis which just needs treatment, or something more serious, so it's probably best to get it checked out.

Let us know how you get on though, and good luck!
    • CommentTimeApr 26th, 2010 11:00am (Apr 26th 2010)

:welcome: rebann!

Try looking at these topics:

Also, try looking at this, might give you some ideas...

How old are your girls? Do they lay eggs? What are you feeding them?

Good luck with your girls!
    • CommentTimeApr 30th, 2010 12:10pm (Apr 30th 2010)

Why is one of the girls indoors on the bedroom floor?!

And the girls still just have an empty basket... :sad:
    • CommentTimeApr 30th, 2010 11:20pm (Apr 30th 2010)

hmmmmm...It's the middle of the night and I don't see either one of the girls on the roost. They aren't outside, maybe they are both on the floor of the coop for the night...strange not to see either of them though.
    • CommentTimeApr 30th, 2010 11:49pm (Apr 30th 2010)

They were not visable last night either.
    Do they need a night light so they can see where they are?
    We can see them through the magic of the cam but they don't have a screen in there.
    • CommentTimeMay 1st, 2010 12:18am (May 1st 2010)

Maybe they do need a screen in there, Ollie..then they could see how cute they are.
    • CommentTimeMay 1st, 2010 7:32am (May 1st 2010)

The sun is up and I see at least one of the girls outside this morning. The little birds are singing and it looks like a pretty day so far. It's late here, so I'm heading off to bed now. I hope everyone has a nice day. night night.
    • CommentTimeMay 1st, 2010 7:42am (May 1st 2010)

night night lynnw!!!
    • CommentTimeMay 1st, 2010 9:46am (May 1st 2010)

I'm not sure why they haven't slept upstairs - Tilly has a habit of sleeping in the coop doorway (so she can keep an eye on what's happening I think) when it gets warmer, but I'm not sure what Penny is up to. Maybe sticking close to her sister as Milly is no longer around?

Next time they do it I'll check on them and get a pic for the site.
    • CommentTimeMay 1st, 2010 2:20pm (May 1st 2010)

Aw the chucks have food in the basket!!! :crazy:
    • CommentTimeMay 2nd, 2010 6:04am (May 2nd 2010) edited

It's a
    fox ...he's after the girls!!!!!!!
    • CommentTimeMay 2nd, 2010 6:07am (May 2nd 2010)

There is a fox around the girls trying to get in!!!!!
    • CommentTimeMay 2nd, 2010 6:10am (May 2nd 2010)

It's ok Neil is out there with them..I'm jumping out of my skin. That Fox sure wanted them for breakfast..he was pretty, but gawd it scarred the HELL out of me! I'm sitting here thousands of miles away and couldn't do anything.
    • CommentAuthorRonald
    • CommentTimeMay 2nd, 2010 6:12am (May 2nd 2010)

I saw the fox too Lynn. Neils there now and its ok.
    • CommentTimeMay 2nd, 2010 6:24am (May 2nd 2010)

That was sooooo scary..I've never heard the girls scream like that and then I saw that dang fox looking for a way into them. Talk about feeling helpless, I just sat here and screamed ( like Neil could hear me half way around the world.)
    • CommentTimeMay 2nd, 2010 7:04am (May 2nd 2010)

All is calm and quiet now, the girls are eating their breafast and Neil has a view of the bird feeder with Starlings eating their breafast too.( I guess you call them Starlings over there too, huh?)
    • CommentTimeMay 2nd, 2010 12:07pm (May 2nd 2010)

Holy **** i can't believe that fox was there again...that must have been so scary to watch that on cam, but man it's nasty to come on here and learn your chucks coulda been dead this morning!

I ain't got anything against foxes, but I wish they'd leave my girls alone...! Good job to my dad for recently upgrading the security on the chucks' pen.

Tell you what, the girls do a good job of letting my dad know when they're in trouble...
    • CommentTimeMay 2nd, 2010 12:09pm (May 2nd 2010)

Just saw the lovely Pennyhen strutting around the basket getting her bum feathers blown :laugh:
    • CommentTimeMay 2nd, 2010 12:20pm (May 2nd 2010) edited

Tilly is claiming to have laid an egg.......only she hasn't been up to the nest box :glare:

*edit*
    For god's sake now she has set Penny off!!
    • CommentTimeMay 2nd, 2010 5:44pm (May 2nd 2010)

Thanks to Ron and Lynn for the warnings, much appreciated... (and a thankyou from the girls too).

• CommentTimeMay 2nd, 2010 6:34pm (May 2nd 2010)

Posted By: neilI think it might be a good idea to give the regular guys here my mobile in case they need to contact me urgently via text or phone call...

That would be a wonderful idea, Neil..I felt so helpless last night when I saw that Fox, all I could think of was the screen saver to let you know why the girls were screaming.
    • CommentTimeMay 2nd, 2010 9:47pm (May 2nd 2010)

Well done Lynn and Ron for alerting Neil - what a terrifying thing to watch! I'm so glad the girls are OK.

The camera seems to be stuck on the bird feeder - is that intentional?
    • CommentAuthorRonald
    • CommentTimeMay 3rd, 2010 12:28am (May 3rd 2010)

I think Neil just forgot to reset the other cams after he moved the bird feeder and moved one of the cam so we could see the feeder.
    That's a good picture of the fox at the chicken coop Neil, it's just what Lynn and I saw this morning.
    • CommentAuthorStuart
    • CommentTimeMay 3rd, 2010 8:45am (May 3rd 2010)

Sending you a text would be fine Neil, but how quick can you get home? A friend of mine had a fox problem for six weeks, unfortunately he had to set a trap and kill it. Foxes are solitary hunters and they don't just take what they need - they kill everything so no-one else gets their share. If it's persistent you may have to think of a way of dispatching it also.
    • CommentTimeMay 3rd, 2010 8:46am (May 3rd 2010)

Sorry guys, Ron was right, I was checking the view and forgot to put it back :-(
    • CommentTimeMay 3rd, 2010 11:52am (May 3rd 2010)

Posted By: StuartIf it's persistent you may have to think of a way of dispatching it also.

Hmmm, unfortunately we could never do that. The fox is just doing what it's supposed to do, at the end of the day, and it's just unfortunate that it's our girls it's trying to get at. I couldn't kill an animal just for trying to get food in the form of meat, it's only the same as humans.

My dad put more fencing around the coop, and I guess we'll just have to keep going. If it comes to it we'll buy some electric fencing and add a barrier of that around the outside of the coop.

And if the fox ever did get into the coop...well, that's happened before with Milly's chicks, and yes it's heartbreaking...but it's nature, and the fox isn't doing it to make us upset.
    • CommentTimeMay 3rd, 2010 5:14pm (May 3rd 2010)

That's a great attitude Red, you would be great at running a rescue. You have a heart of gold but with a logical head.

I hope it never happens again though. It probably has young to feed so will just look at whatever it can find.
    • CommentTimeMay 3rd, 2010 5:16pm (May 3rd 2010) edited

There seems to be a bird sat on top of the feeder. It looks like a thrush or similar (it has a speckled breast) but it hasn't moved for about 10 minutes! Is it real?!

OK, another 10 mins have passed and its still there. Its stuffed isn't it! A starling was just feeding and shaking it all over the place! It looks more like a budgie now though - I really should check in in the daytime more!
    • CommentTimeMay 3rd, 2010 5:41pm (May 3rd 2010) edited

Kate, you're gonna laugh when I tell you this (and I did the exact same thing at first!), but the bird-like thing perched on top of the feeder is, in fact, a lard ball!!! :rolling:

*edit*
    Thanks for the above message, Kate, I didn't see it at first but it means a lot :smile:
    • CommentTimeMay 3rd, 2010 10:00pm (May 3rd 2010)

No way!!! I need to take a trip to specsavers! On the nightvision it looks like a light! Feel a bit of a dope now, but then you know when you're all sitting in class and the teacher says something and everyone thinks "what????" I was always the one that asked the question, got laughed at, sometimes got told by the teacher that I wasn't paying attention, but at least I found out the answer!!
    • CommentTimeMay 4th, 2010 10:00pm (May 4th 2010)

I just realised that today is also Star Wars Day!

Don't get it?

4th May. May 4th. May the 4th be with you.
    • CommentTimeMay 4th, 2010 10:26pm (May 4th 2010)

Also respect for chickens day... :001_smile:
    • CommentTimeMay 5th, 2010 7:26pm (May 5th 2010)

EVERY day is Respect for Chickens day here! :)
    • CommentTimeMay 5th, 2010 7:30pm (May 5th 2010)

Here Here CC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:thumbup:
    • CommentTimeMay 5th, 2010 9:23pm (May 5th 2010)

Darn computer crashed and lost my message! Here goes again.

Yes Red, I saw your dad's post on the main hencam page and that's what reminded me. Also makes me thing of the Family Guy Star Wars Episode II (Something Something Something Dark Side) where the chicken plays Boba Fett.
      bobachicken.jpg
    • CommentTimeMay 8th, 2010 7:16pm (May 8th 2010)

I see the girls have parked the basket onto the ladder. Should be interesting to see how they handle it at bedtime.
    • CommentTimeMay 8th, 2010 7:43pm (May 8th 2010)

Will they just flick it to one side or will it be a problem for them to go to bed!!!!! I wonder:neutral:
    • CommentTimeMay 8th, 2010 7:59pm (May 8th 2010)

Oooh, I wonder what they will do?! Haha, this is oddly exciting!! (oh dear...)

If it gets too much I guess I'll tell my dad to go free the ladder :smile:
    • CommentTimeMay 8th, 2010 8:15pm (May 8th 2010)

Well, Penny has made it somehow!! Although can't see Tilly...
    • CommentTimeMay 8th, 2010 8:16pm (May 8th 2010)

Ah, I see, someone went up first and free'd the basket!
    • CommentTimeMay 8th, 2010 8:28pm (May 8th 2010)

The basket is hanging:frown: up again i missed what happened!!!!!!!!!
    • CommentTimeMay 12th, 2010 4:18am (May 12th 2010)

It's 4:15 in the morning and the little birds have started singing..the sun isn't even up yet. It doesn't seem to bother the girls though they are sleeping right through it.
    • CommentTimeMay 12th, 2010 2:23pm (May 12th 2010)

Wow, it gets bright early now!
    • CommentTimeMay 13th, 2010 4:14am (May 13th 2010)

The birds are singing now, and yes it is getting bright! :gasp:
    • CommentTimeMay 13th, 2010 4:15am (May 13th 2010)

It's much brighter in Yorkshire than it is here though, and you can make out the beautiful sunrise on the panning Wilsden cam.
    • CommentTimeMay 15th, 2010 4:05am (May 15th 2010)

Red, I love watching the sunrise over Wilsden and hearing the little birds when they start to sing in the mornings. It's beautiful.
    • CommentTimeMay 15th, 2010 8:14am (May 15th 2010)

• CommentTimeMay 15th, 2010 5:30pm (May 15th 2010)

Lynn's about 8 hours behind us. So it isn't silly o'clock where she is when the sun's coming up here...I think!
    • CommentTimeMay 16th, 2010 8:31pm (May 16th 2010)

Just been listening to your visitors to the coop..
    One commented on the "Buuurrr" noise that is repeated at irregular intervals all the time. She said what it was but as I don't hear very well, I didn't understand. Please, What is that noise?
    • CommentTimeMay 16th, 2010 8:36pm (May 16th 2010)

Treats. Treats. The girls have a basket of treats. They'll be late to bed tonight, too busy getting the treats out of the basket.
    • CommentTimeMay 16th, 2010 8:41pm (May 16th 2010)

They love that basket keeps them amused!!!!!!!
    • CommentAuthorRonald
    • CommentTimeMay 16th, 2010 9:44pm (May 16th 2010)

Ollie, the burring noise you hear is coming from the electric motor that operates the pan and tilt camera in the coop. The mic in the coop is super sensitive.
    • CommentTimeMay 16th, 2010 11:27pm (May 16th 2010)

Posted By: ollie in UKWhat are you folks doing on the pooter at those ridiculous times in the mornings???

University, innit? :P

Yep, Ollie, Ronald answered the question. I hadn't noticed until in the coop today how loud the camera was!

Tilly belted it round when she saw me putting lettuce in the basket! She was out under the conifers but then saw the bag of lettuce and was round before I knew it :laugh:
    • CommentTimeMay 17th, 2010 10:12am (May 17th 2010)

Thanks for thre info on the noise. It makes me turn off the sound after a short while.
    • CommentTimeMay 17th, 2010 5:33pm (May 17th 2010)

The chickens looked well funny then; Penny was stood on the log facing the cam, and Tilly was glaring up at her :laugh:
    • CommentTimeMay 19th, 2010 5:18pm (May 19th 2010)

I need to reposition the mic... if I get chance I'll do it tonight - as it is, it's right next to the cam, so picks up the vibrations through the housing, and as Ronald says, it's super-sensitive...
    • CommentTimeMay 26th, 2010 8:48pm (May 26th 2010)

Dear Neil,
    We are beautiful girls and love to admire our plumage but the mirror is filthy! Please can you clean it for us.
    Love,
    Tilly and Penny x

:wink: :whistle:
    • CommentTimeMay 29th, 2010 11:25am (May 29th 2010)

Dear Tilly and Penny,

I will do it asap with a lovely new feather duster...

Now where do I shove this wooden stick?! :p

Neil x
    • CommentTimeMay 29th, 2010 11:35am (May 29th 2010)

Hi man! :seeya:
    • CommentTimeJun 1st, 2010 3:19pm (Jun 1st 2010) edited

Noticed that one of the chickens, can't tell which, has been in the bedroom since early this morning.
    Ah, now I can see the other downstairs, which I think is Penny.
    • CommentTimeJun 1st, 2010 6:44pm (Jun 1st 2010)

Sent my dad a 'mail and asked him to check it out >__<

seen a bird on feeder for first time
    • CommentTimeJun 1st, 2010 7:51pm (Jun 1st 2010)

Turns out our Tilly is broody :smile: I told my dad to humour her and get her some fertile eggs, chicks, or even just another chicken for her to look after - he said no, my mum was about ;)
    • CommentTimeJun 1st, 2010 8:43pm (Jun 1st 2010)

I'm so pleased that Tilly's "problem" is a perfectly natural one that comes to most of us ladies.
    I have been stuck to the screen most of the day on Full Screen.

Not having chucks, this behaviour was disturbing me. I will sleep better tonight.
    • CommentTimeJun 1st, 2010 10:35pm (Jun 1st 2010)

Poor Tilly - I hope she gets over it soon.

I saw a bluetit (well, I think it was a small bird from the tit family for sure) on my bird feeder!!!
    • CommentTimeJun 1st, 2010 11:15pm (Jun 1st 2010)

It's a dead shame they won't let her have anything to look after, still I guess she has Penny as her lil' sis :P

I know Ollie, as soon as I saw her I was terrified something was wrong. Apparently she has been broody for a few days, but I told my dad to lift her off the nest and make her eat and drink, check she can walk okay etc
    • CommentTimeJun 3rd, 2010 6:11pm (Jun 3rd 2010)

looking and listening to hencam at the moment and i can hear loads of sheep in the back ground Oh some one has just evicted Tilly off her nest!!!!
    • CommentTimeJun 3rd, 2010 8:42pm (Jun 3rd 2010)

• CommentTimeJun 4th, 2010 8:00pm (Jun 4th 2010)

Penny seems to be doing alright while Tilly is being broody..she is eating well..she makes a lot of noise while eating.:bigsmile: She may be a bit lonely, but she can always go inside and visit Tilly if she gets too lonely.
    • CommentTimeJun 5th, 2010 12:35am (Jun 5th 2010)

Posted By: KatebAnother stupid question ... (actually, I was told there are no stupid questions, only stupid answers!) Will Penny be missing Tilly while she is broody? And will Tilly 'mother' Penny when she realises there are no eggs to hatch?!

Penny will probably be a bit lonely, so don't be surprised if she is also spending more time in the nest than usual keeping her sister company!

Tilly doesn't mother her sister - she will call Penny over for food and alert her if there is danger, but if Penny isn't gracious enough to Tilly, then Tilly'll let her know! Tilly thinks she is the queen; after drinking she will call Penny over and make her sister peck the water droplets from her beak!!
    • CommentTimeJun 5th, 2010 7:57pm (Jun 5th 2010)

It is funny how one hen seems to be the beak cleaner. My Spex hen does my lot, she doesn't seem to mind though. You could say she is the beak nurse rather than a dental nurse !!!!!
    • CommentTimeJun 5th, 2010 8:02pm (Jun 5th 2010)

Oh yeah, I don't mind Tilly expecting Penny to clean her beak for her...it's when she expects me to do it that I have a problem!!!
    • CommentTimeJun 5th, 2010 8:06pm (Jun 5th 2010)

Ha ha they are funny little creatures
    • CommentTimeJun 5th, 2010 9:07pm (Jun 5th 2010)

Tilly is waiting for the bedroom door to open...
    • CommentTimeJun 5th, 2010 10:46pm (Jun 5th 2010)

Both hens are waiting to go to bed while the family revelries off camera...
    • CommentTimeJun 5th, 2010 11:49pm (Jun 5th 2010) edited

Posted By: ollie in UKBoth hens are waiting to go to bed while the family revelries off camera...

Bzzt! Wrong.

I'm trying to keep Tilly off the nest as much as possible so I'm kicking her off it in the morning and letting her back in as late as possible.

There's a party apparently further down the village, haven't we said before how sensitive that mic is! ;-)