Site Tag Cloud

• CommentTimeSep 19th, 2014 10:53pm (Sep 19th 2014) edited

Pics of the cage swap...

And close-ups! Pierre is the one with the tuft - bit of a grooming accident from his brother!! :rolling:
      finch1.jpg
      finch.jpg
      finch6.jpg
      finch3.jpg
      finch4.jpg
    • CommentTimeSep 20th, 2014 1:41am (Sep 20th 2014)

Yes, Red they did have Zebras, Cordon Bleu and Lady Gouldian Finchs..but my favorite were the Society Finches. They had such cute ways about them. Some of the boy Societies would have goofy looking feathers on top of their heads..they looked like they had just gotten up and forgot to comb their hair. My Mom's favorites were always the Cordon Bleu Finches. I've spent many hours hand feeding baby finches, while my Mom and Dad were gone someplace.
    • CommentTimeSep 23rd, 2014 5:31pm (Sep 23rd 2014)

Whoa, they are AMAZINGLY COOL looking! The Lady Gouldian finches are Lyle's favourites :)
    • CommentTimeSep 23rd, 2014 5:34pm (Sep 23rd 2014) edited

Some sad news from the coop, yesterday evening my dad found Elsie had passed away very unexpectedly :(

I'm not sure what my dad's planning to do now. He doesn't want to leave Ivy on her own (she's nervy enough to begin with!) but he doesn't want to add new girls to the coop if it's something catching. The coop is going to be thoroughly cleaned out, and we'll take it from there.

RIP Elsie, you will always be remembered for your chicken agility and love of mealworms!

• CommentTimeSep 23rd, 2014 6:13pm (Sep 23rd 2014)

Ah, bless her. Poor girl. I wonder what it was? Might be like Sinead - just no apparent reason. Sleep well, Elsie. :heart:
    • CommentTimeSep 23rd, 2014 7:53pm (Sep 23rd 2014)

I'm so sorry about Elsie. It's a hard decision you've got Neil - don't rush it, I'm sure Ivy will be OK for now. Do hens need time to grieve or do they not bond in that way? It's so sad to lose one so suddenlly - sleep soundly Elsie. :heart:
    • CommentTimeSep 24th, 2014 4:46pm (Sep 24th 2014)

Oh No, Poor little Elsie. R.I.P. sweet girl. I'll miss seeing her scratching around in the pen. Kate..yes, they do grieve for their friends. Chickens have emotions...most people don't want to know that..it makes it harder to eat them.
    • CommentTimeSep 25th, 2014 9:49pm (Sep 25th 2014)

It seems most animals do feel loss so I'm not surprised. I hope she can have a new friend soon.
    • CommentAuthorgeorge
    • CommentTimeSep 25th, 2014 10:05pm (Sep 25th 2014)

Hi guys! I'm back! I have 22 chickens now! I live having more! How is everyone?
    • CommentTimeSep 26th, 2014 5:19am (Sep 26th 2014)

Hi George, nice to see you again.:face-smile:
    • CommentTimeSep 26th, 2014 5:51pm (Sep 26th 2014)

Hello George! I'm up to 4 hens now.
    • CommentTimeSep 27th, 2014 1:01am (Sep 27th 2014)

Hey George! My dad has unfortunately lost two of his hens (I think) since you were last on, so he only has Ivy now :( That's amazing you have 22 chickens! What breed/s do you have, and what's your female-male ratio? :bigsmile:
    • CommentAuthorgeorge
    • CommentTimeSep 28th, 2014 2:53pm (Sep 28th 2014)

We have so many breeds now! Brahmas, orpingtons, goldtop, skyline, white star, leghorn, maran, warren, and a few others, our male to female ratio is 1-10. Currently, we have a sick chicken. I did an operation on her foot as she had bumble foot, I removed all of the Tumour but she is still very reluctant to walk on it, any suggestions to help her?
    • CommentTimeOct 1st, 2014 7:07pm (Oct 1st 2014) edited

I love Orpingtons and Lyle reaaally wants a Leghorn :P

How have you found the Leghorn's personality, are they flightier or more timid than other breeds?

Sorry to hear about your hen with bumblefoot. NN did a great thread with photos of how she bandaged her chickens' feet, have a look through and see if it helps :smile: (you might have to scroll up to the very top of the page)

If the infection seems to get worse, the chicken is acting poorly or limping badly I would advise a visit to a chicken-knowledgeable vet if you are lucky enough to have one nearby :smile:
    • CommentAuthorgeorge
    • CommentTimeOct 2nd, 2014 5:16pm (Oct 2nd 2014)

Yes, they are much more flighty and timid, infact that is a spot on description! But they are the best egg layers and that's what matters!:face-smile:
    • CommentTimeOct 13th, 2014 12:44pm (Oct 13th 2014)

I said when we first brought Pierre and Miguel home I'd post a video of them singing...finally got round to it!

The last part was supposed to be of the nest they're building, but it's too dark to see. They got over their fear of the perches and it's worked as a base for a nest! They've had great fun dragging TP up there! :smile:

• CommentTimeOct 13th, 2014 2:21pm (Oct 13th 2014)

Lovely little chaps... I remember tuning in a house and being annoyed by a constant but intermittent 'beep'. When I finished I looked round and realised there were a couple of zebra finches (I think) in the same room!
    • CommentTimeOct 14th, 2014 7:22pm (Oct 14th 2014)

Ah I love Zebra finches; they're so pretty :)
    • CommentTimeOct 18th, 2014 6:56am (Oct 18th 2014)

Red, I loved the video of your finches..makes me miss the ones we had. You just can't beat society finches for being cute and amusing.:face-smile:
    • CommentTimeOct 19th, 2014 11:47am (Oct 19th 2014)

They are hilarious. Yesterday they pulled the millet from the pet, and Pierre had one end, Miguel had the other and they were playing tug of war either side of their cage! Sooo funny :rolling:
    • CommentTimeOct 24th, 2014 7:04pm (Oct 24th 2014)

There are some chicks in a garden nearby. They look like black Silkies but have a Sebright-type patterning on their wings...awesome :smile:

Wish I could get a pic but they're quite far from the path and incredibly hard to photograph...I've never seen a Silkie cross before!
    • CommentTimeOct 24th, 2014 11:26pm (Oct 24th 2014) edited

Why not knock on their door? I'm sure they would appreciate an admirer and - could be valuable friend - either way...:face-smile:
    • CommentTimeOct 25th, 2014 1:17am (Oct 25th 2014)

Silkie crosses are cute, most of them turn out to be frizzy with feathers going in all directions. I wish you could live some place that you could have chickens too, Red.
    :face-smile:
    • CommentTimeNov 10th, 2014 7:35am (Nov 10th 2014)

I just saw Ivy stand up and she is sitting on a bunch of eggs. She must be broody.
    • CommentTimeNov 10th, 2014 1:13pm (Nov 10th 2014)

She keeps going broody for a while, getting turfed off and forgetting, then seeing an egg and going back to sitting... She is special!

For a single hen she's laying loads of eggs (or was at least - keeps stopping when she goes temporary-broody)

Makes me think the others were slacking...
    • CommentTimeNov 10th, 2014 6:50pm (Nov 10th 2014)

Ours have stopped laying apparently. But the rabbits have laid 4!
    • CommentTimeNov 12th, 2014 7:18am (Nov 12th 2014)

Our big hens have stopped laying, only once in a while we will find one in the nest box. The weather has gotten so cold now, they don't like laying in the Winter.
      CommentAuthorDianeonWhidbey
    • CommentTimeDec 10th, 2014 7:00pm (Dec 10th 2014)

Hi everyone. How are you? I've missed this place.
    • CommentTimeDec 10th, 2014 7:42pm (Dec 10th 2014)

DIANE WE HAVE MISSED YOU HERE!!! :yay_jump:
    • CommentTimeDec 10th, 2014 8:12pm (Dec 10th 2014)

Diane! So lovely to see a message from you! How's life treating you? xx
    • CommentTimeDec 11th, 2014 11:23am (Dec 11th 2014) edited

Wow Diane its so great to see you here with us again...Wooo Hooo
    :face-smile:
    • CommentTimeDec 13th, 2014 7:34pm (Dec 13th 2014)

I wonder if Santa may be thinking about some play pals for Ivy?
    :face-smile:
    • CommentTimeDec 13th, 2014 7:37pm (Dec 13th 2014)

Poor Ivy does seem lonely in there by herself.
    • CommentTimeDec 13th, 2014 8:31pm (Dec 13th 2014) edited

I really want my dad to get her some friends too...I think he's wanting to find some good hardy hens, dreading the intro's, and also thinking about buying a new coop too. He inquired at a place not far from our house when they would have POL's in, and they said not until Easter :sad:
    • CommentTimeDec 14th, 2014 3:26pm (Dec 14th 2014)

What about just one rescue?
    • CommentTimeDec 14th, 2014 7:41pm (Dec 14th 2014) edited

I found some Silkies x Light Sussex's in the Bradford area that were being rehomed. I really wanted him to get them haha...they were soooo cute! But I don't know what his plan is *shrug*
    • CommentTimeDec 16th, 2014 2:01pm (Dec 16th 2014)

Why are there so many eggs in the nest?
    Are they for Santa?
    • CommentTimeDec 16th, 2014 3:54pm (Dec 16th 2014)

I heard Santa likes omelettes...
    • CommentTimeJan 27th, 2015 7:36pm (Jan 27th 2015)

The sound is gone on the cam, the picture is great, but no sound at all.
    • CommentTimeJan 28th, 2015 4:32pm (Jan 28th 2015)

Okie dokie, I'll let my dad know :)
    • CommentTimeFeb 3rd, 2015 3:22pm (Feb 3rd 2015) edited

I think Ivy is digging her way out, she's been working on that hole for some days now!:turkeydance:
    • CommentTimeFeb 3rd, 2015 4:40pm (Feb 3rd 2015)

Anyone up for knitting Ivy a onesie?
    She's getting into quite a state now.:knit:
    • CommentTimeFeb 3rd, 2015 5:14pm (Feb 3rd 2015)

Ollie, you're back! Where have you been - you haven't been ill, have you?
    Poor Ivy... I have a few vests for chickens, but only for a small bantam unfortunately!
    • CommentTimeFeb 3rd, 2015 6:15pm (Feb 3rd 2015)

Is she moulting?
    • CommentTimeFeb 4th, 2015 12:58am (Feb 4th 2015)

This isn't a good time of year to be moulting, she needs some clothes. :face-smile: I still don't have any sound on hencam.
    • CommentTimeFeb 4th, 2015 11:35am (Feb 4th 2015)

I'm ok thanks. Just the arthritis is in my other hip now.

I read the posts on here often but didn't realise I hadn't put any post on for a while.
    :face-smile:
    • CommentTimeFeb 4th, 2015 6:27pm (Feb 4th 2015)

I'm glad to see you posting again, Ollie. Will you be able to get your other hip fixed, Ollie? I hope it gets to feeling better.:bighug:
    • CommentTimeFeb 4th, 2015 11:46pm (Feb 4th 2015)

Posted By: LynnWI still don't have any sound on hencam.

Oh, I'll remind my dad. I told him before, but it was snowy and he said too cold to go out and fix the cam! :tooth:
    • CommentTimeFeb 5th, 2015 10:58pm (Feb 5th 2015)

Okay, I just saw my dad's video of Ivy - MAN is she moulting!!
    • CommentTimeFeb 6th, 2015 8:56pm (Feb 6th 2015)

Poor Ivy sure picked a bad time of year to moult. We need to get that kid some clothes.:face-smile:
    • CommentTimeFeb 7th, 2015 1:15pm (Feb 7th 2015)

Ivy has had her lunch.
    I've just watched her eat that egg in her bed.
    Yum, yum!
    • CommentTimeFeb 7th, 2015 6:14pm (Feb 7th 2015)

Oh naughty girl! My dad needs to collect them more regularly so she doesn't make a habit of it :P
    • CommentTimeFeb 7th, 2015 10:10pm (Feb 7th 2015)

Her new feathers will be lovely and glossy.
    We all know eggs are so good for you!
    • CommentTimeApr 19th, 2015 10:02pm (Apr 19th 2015) edited

Oh my god I was just reading through the earliest entries of this thread and crying over Milly, then stumbled across this post and it had me in hysterics...

Posted By: RedMy parents were laughing at Milly the other day because her tail feathers are 'mangled.' We were looking through a book about chickens and there was a picture of a light sussex hen with beautiful black pattening on her tail feathers, all swirly and intricate. Then my dad looked over at Milly (who was busy pecking at the carpet) and said "Look at the state of her..."

I miss my little wonky hen so much. I would give almost anything for one day with her.

photo 15.jpg

milly looking funny photo DSCF5527.jpg
    • CommentTimeApr 20th, 2015 4:33pm (Apr 20th 2015)

She was so lovely! Was she a sussex?
    • CommentTimeApr 20th, 2015 7:04pm (Apr 20th 2015)

Aw Red, that made me cry! It's so nice that you loved each other so much. I feel like that about my cat, Foggy. I miss her purring me to sleep.
    • CommentTimeApr 20th, 2015 11:18pm (Apr 20th 2015)

Yes, she was a Light Sussex CC...just a little dorky, as most my pets seem to be! :sarcastic:

Oh no! Sorry Kate! :smile: It's horrible losing a pet you love with all your heart. It's weird, I can go for days just fine, then all of a sudden I'll miss her sooo much...I think Zoey is slightly Milly-esque, she's lovable and mainly white with black specks!! :tooth:

You know, if Milly had lived to be as old as Penny she would only have died a year or so ago...
    • CommentTimeApr 21st, 2015 12:05pm (Apr 21st 2015)

I think she went when she needed to - if she'd lived any longer she'd not have got to see you anyway so she'd have been unhappy about that...

I think it should be comforting to you that you both got to spend so much time together and had a special bond. A special chicken indeed! (As are you :))
    • CommentTimeApr 21st, 2015 5:13pm (Apr 21st 2015)

Posted By: neilA special chicken indeed! As are you

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh! You old softie you!
    • CommentTimeApr 21st, 2015 5:20pm (Apr 21st 2015)

Foggy was white with black bits too - maybe it's the colouring!

Yes, Red is a special chicken isn't she! ;)
    • CommentTimeApr 27th, 2015 5:57pm (Apr 27th 2015)

Red surely is a special chick. :face-smile:
    • CommentTimeApr 27th, 2015 10:57pm (Apr 27th 2015) edited

Aww thanks :blush:

The weirdest thing happened today...it was...bizarre.

Okay.

So we're walking someone's dog along the canal, and we walk to a field opposite where there are 'Lottie lambs' (ie. same breed as Lottie). So I'm walking along and I see three chickens and I'm like "awww, cool! Wait...WHAT THE HELL?!?!?"

Because...there are three chickens. We can see about a mile in every direction, there's nowhere to hide, and there are just three chickens. Okay, that's not too weird...but one was a LIGHT SUSSEX and the other two were BLACK WITH ORANGE NECK PATTERNS!!!

So I kinda stop walking, and Lyle's like 'huh?' and all I can do is point. And he just kinda gaped.

It was...bizarre. I moved closer and stood and watched, open-mouthed. The Tilly and Milly were...dot on. Same body shape. Everything. Penny had a speck of white on her, but still looked like Penny weight wise. They were about 20ft away, over the canal, but it felt like I was watching my girls in the coop. It was...weird.

I stood watching for ages, told Lyle I'd catch him up. I had to keep swallowing my words..."Millyyyyyy!" and "Millybobs it's YOU!" were rising up in my throat. But it wasn't as horrifically sad as this sounds (LOL!) it was a bit sad, but kinda nice. It felt like I was watching my girls again!!

So that was...kinda odd :smile:

I hope I get to dream of Milly tonight because of it, those are my favourite dreams :heart:
    • CommentTimeApr 27th, 2015 11:23pm (Apr 27th 2015)

So how the devil had they got there?! Were they runaways? Was it a 'hen' party? :crazy:
    • CommentTimeMay 3rd, 2015 4:35am (May 3rd 2015)

Wow! How cool is that, Red. It is strange that the 3 hens looked like Milly Penny and Tilly..I wonder where they came from. Do you think they were runaways?
    • CommentTimeMay 3rd, 2015 7:30pm (May 3rd 2015)

I don't know...there was a shack / shed nearby, but I couldn't see what was in it. And other than that there was nothing, and no other chickens! Totally weird...wonder if I'll see them again on Tuesday :smile:
    • CommentTimeMay 5th, 2015 8:59pm (May 5th 2015)

I hope you will get to see them again, Red. :face-smile:
    • CommentTimeMay 6th, 2015 12:01am (May 6th 2015)

I missed looking for them today because I was too full of cold, booo! :fierce:
    • CommentTimeOct 13th, 2015 5:05pm (Oct 13th 2015)

Mabel (Millefleur) is trying to get...somewhere. No idea where!

She keeps looking like she is trying to get on top of the wagon!! I haven't seen Maude, so I wonder if Mauden's somewhere Mabel wants to get?! Or if Mabel wants to lay and hasn't sussed out a nest box yet??
    • CommentTimeOct 13th, 2015 5:06pm (Oct 13th 2015)

Or maybe Maude is laying and Mabel doesn't understand where she is?!
    • CommentTimeOct 13th, 2015 5:07pm (Oct 13th 2015)

MABEL'S ON THE SWING!!!!!!
    • CommentTimeOct 13th, 2015 5:09pm (Oct 13th 2015)

Maude has appeared, I wonder if she was on the swing perched and Mabel pushed her off? :rolling:
    • CommentTimeOct 13th, 2015 6:05pm (Oct 13th 2015) edited

The girls are trying to remember where they sleep - much confusion! Renee in particular seems to think there's a second way to get up to the perches, and whilst everyone else is in the wagon she is walking around the outside, peering on top of it in confusion!!

:rofl:
    • CommentTimeOct 13th, 2015 8:05pm (Oct 13th 2015) edited

This is so much fun!!!
    These girls are amazing. I saw the swing moving but thought it was just the wind.
    Still working on remembering all the names.
    • CommentTimeOct 14th, 2015 10:58am (Oct 14th 2015)

You'll definitely be able to see if it happens again - the new cam has a better view :)
    • CommentTimeOct 14th, 2015 11:38am (Oct 14th 2015)

Great excitement as the girls discover the treat pot that's been there two days...my dad said they ignore the chicken popcorn, but he's added mealworms this morning and now they are ecstatic...they've turfed all the popcorn out, it's littering the floor, and are scoffing the mealworms!!
    • CommentTimeOct 14th, 2015 4:10pm (Oct 14th 2015)

:face-crying:I can't get a picture - it tells me to look for a nani thing when I follow a link but I can't find it...:face-crying:
    • CommentTimeOct 14th, 2015 4:17pm (Oct 14th 2015)

Booo :( Can you try a different browser? (Opera seems to be fine) - I'm going to try and use a different streamer but first tests were... well, it didn't work.
    • CommentTimeOct 14th, 2015 5:05pm (Oct 14th 2015) edited

CC every browser we tried we had that problem too, I think it's because something has been updated - Chrome, IE and Firefox all had that issue. And following the nani thing doesn't work, which is helpful :sarcastic:

Lyle got it working on Firefox in the end, but it says it won't work on there after next year. I'll as Lyle how he got it working when he comes down...
    • CommentTimeOct 14th, 2015 5:38pm (Oct 14th 2015) edited

Ok guys, this is a major change... but please could you all try it now?

You might need to do a 'proper' refresh (hold Shift + hit F5) - hopefully it will work for everyone (hey, it even works on my mobile and chromebook!)

There's some stuff that need tweaking, but it looks promising I think.
    • CommentTimeOct 14th, 2015 6:05pm (Oct 14th 2015)

It works on Chrome, firefox and IE :)

Good job man!
    • CommentTimeOct 14th, 2015 7:48pm (Oct 14th 2015)

I took some screenshots of the chicken excitement when they discovered the treat pot / mealworms!

Erika, Mabel, Ariel, Leslie and Renee :bigsmile:

photo screen1_zpsvf7qas9k.jpg

A cluster of excited hens!!

photo screen2_zpswgjqfhjt.jpg

Hehe

photo screen3_zpsclcsefzc.jpg
    • CommentTimeOct 14th, 2015 8:14pm (Oct 14th 2015)

I'm jumping up and down doing the Happy Dance..my dogs think I'm crazy and have run into the other room...:woohoo::yay_jump: Thank you Neil..Thank you..Thank you...Thank you!!!!!!!
    • CommentTimeOct 14th, 2015 8:23pm (Oct 14th 2015)

I'm soooooo happy to see your girls, Neil..well at the moment they are inside sleeping, but I'm going to stay up late to see them come out in the morning. I can see the screen captures of them...I can see Hencam on Firefox, Chrome and Microsoft Edge..they don't call it IE anymore since Windows10 came out...it looks great on all if them!!!:clap:
    • CommentTimeOct 14th, 2015 9:03pm (Oct 14th 2015)

I can see it on my iPad (yipee!!) ... except they're all in bed by the time I sit down to watch it so all I've seen is the coop! It does look great though. Will try and remember to sneak a peek at work tomorrow.
    • CommentTimeOct 14th, 2015 9:30pm (Oct 14th 2015)

I'll try and sort a cam in the bedroom for tomorrow!
    • CommentTimeOct 14th, 2015 9:39pm (Oct 14th 2015)

Yay!! Thanks Neil! xx
    • CommentTimeOct 15th, 2015 10:02am (Oct 15th 2015) edited

Scarlet helped trouble-shoot the camera display (thank you!) - I've managed to tweak stuff so it should stream as smoothly as possible - it will be a better picture if your internet can handle it, and will fall back to worse quality if it can't.

The picture should also be the correct ratio now (no squashed hens!) and I've made the clouds go BEHIND the video as it has been reaaally annoying me for ages how they get in the way!
    I'm in Leeds today (again!) :face-sad: so might not get chance to do the outside cam. Sorry.

It's slowly getting there...
    • CommentTimeOct 15th, 2015 1:01pm (Oct 15th 2015)

HUZZAH!!! I can see them...thank you so much Neil!!
    • CommentTimeOct 15th, 2015 1:08pm (Oct 15th 2015)

Glad it's working CC, this could be a cause for major celebration - I don't think we've ever had it so you, Lynn and Kate could all watch at the same time! :)
    • CommentTimeOct 15th, 2015 8:11pm (Oct 15th 2015) edited

especially for those night owls (Lynn, Kate?)... house-cam is live!

Leslie is in the right nest box (we have two nest boxes, dontcha'know!) which is annoying as she's huge and does big poohs, and she perched the first night...!

Anyway, the other 5 hens are on the rear perch! There are 3 perches, but of course they all have to be on the same one... Shows how big they are though - a triumph of the chicken wagon design!
    • CommentTimeOct 15th, 2015 9:18pm (Oct 15th 2015)

It's all getting so amazing! I've just found the night cam.

That is so lovely. These girls all housed up, no asking them how much they mind being cooped up together without finding out their opinions... Girl all happy together!! They do seem ok though, not any scraping, yet. Any one noticed rivalry/domination?

Chicken Wagon rules, OK?....
    • CommentTimeOct 16th, 2015 3:30am (Oct 16th 2015)

Love it, love it, love it!!!!! :clap:
    • CommentTimeOct 16th, 2015 10:11am (Oct 16th 2015) edited

It gets even better! Cams + mikes!

So this is what the girls are getting up to round the back. It's the Ladies' Room..

Sound too. But how quiet they are, hardly a cluck!
    • CommentTimeOct 16th, 2015 12:37pm (Oct 16th 2015)

They ARE quiet, aren't they? Mine are always burbling away to themselves (or at the top of their lungs occasionally). Perhaps once they've found their feet a bit they might start chatting.:face-smile:
    • CommentTimeOct 16th, 2015 1:54pm (Oct 16th 2015)

A few videos my dad has filmed through the cam - here's Mabel going a bit crazy :rolling:

And Renee pecking Leslie who's about twice her size!!

I think Renee either is or will become top of the pecking order, or at least high up there. I've just seen her tell Maude off with a swift but silent peck too!

Me and my dad have been saying how amazed we were with these hens and how little fighting there has been. Whenever our other flocks have adjusted there has been serious squabbling, chasing, vicious pecking and lots of noise and feathers!! And these girls didn't even live together before they came to hencam, they were all in different pens :smile:

Has anyone else seen much pecking order establishment? I wonder if in a few days' time it's all going to kick off...!
    • CommentTimeOct 16th, 2015 1:56pm (Oct 16th 2015)

My dad says he has seen Ariel chasing the banties a few times too, so it looks like she also wants to be high on the order...Erika seems too crazy to care so far, Leslie is far too laid back, and the banties are too small!!! Will be interesting to see if it changes over the coming days :smile:
    • CommentTimeOct 16th, 2015 7:50pm (Oct 16th 2015)

I thought one was on the swing; but she was sitting on top of the water feeder!
    • CommentTimeOct 16th, 2015 9:49pm (Oct 16th 2015)

Maybe it's because they're all new into the coop, and it's new too so no smells or favourite places to dominate yet! Haven't been to the cams yet as i came straight here - will open a new tab and have a look now.

I can see them!! A row of headless chickens (or is it their bums?) all lined up. Thanks Neil! Will try to look in tomorrow in the daytime too!
    • CommentTimeOct 16th, 2015 10:59pm (Oct 16th 2015)

My dad said Ariel tried to show she was higher up in the pecking order than Leslie the other day, and Leslie didn't even flinch, she just stood up taller and flapped her wings. Ariel backed down pretty quick :rolling:
    • CommentTimeOct 16th, 2015 11:03pm (Oct 16th 2015)

I wonder if Ariel learned her lesson or not...LOL.