Site Tag Cloud

21st advice album alert amazing animal animals area arrived aubree babies baby bad bald bam bath battery beautiful belated ben big bill bird birthday black bonfire bound box breed breeds british broken broody bull bun buy buying cage caged cam camera captions car care cat cc chicken chickens chook chooks christmas chucks clicker colour competition contact coop coops cornsnake council couple cruelty cutting dad day dead death decide derby diane diet dog dogs donna dresses drinking early easter eat eating egg eggbound eggs elvis emergency falcon falcons farm feather feathers feed feeding finally find fireworks first foggy for forum foundation free frog fun funny future garden girl girls goldie good goodbye gotcha great growing hagley hall hamster happy heavy helen hen hencam hens hike home horse house housing huge ideas improvements info inscription introduce introducing introduction james julie july jumper kasper kaspers kate late latest lathargic laying lead lee leeds leg lemon life likes london long lost love lovely lyle lynn machine mareks meet members merry mice milly mite morning moult mouse moving mums mystery nail nanny new news nice night noisy nook norths ollie online page pancake parrot party pecking peregrine personal pet pets photos pic pics pictures plants plus poland poorly positive post poultry production prom pumpkin purple quail questions rabbit rain rare rat recall red reds reinforcement remember renee rescue review rip ronston roof sad sale scarlet service shelled shirley shobhna show sids slightly slow snake sneezing snow soft spammers special spring staffordshire start stop terrier thomas thread ticket tilly time today tom training tree trev trevs uk update urgent valentines vegan vet visitors visits volka walk wanted warning webcam weekend welfare where wild wilsden winnie winter women woods work world wrong ya yay year yorkshire zoey zoeys 1 2 4 2010 2011 2012 2013 2014 2016

CommentAuthorDianeonWhidbey
    • CommentTimeDec 14th, 2007 5:58pm (Dec 14th 2007)

Hi CC. Bye CC - gotta run...I am AS USUAL very very late :(
    • CommentTimeDec 14th, 2007 7:10pm (Dec 14th 2007) edited

Aw, Neil. The hens were all asleep when you came and put the cam in there.
    Just like us, they had startled expressions and then after a good scratch in the feathers, settled quickly down.
    Wish I was in bed too but have to start writing my Christmas cards! Will get the posting ones done first, guess I have missed the dates for overseas anyway.
    • CommentTimeDec 14th, 2007 7:21pm (Dec 14th 2007)

Sorry Diane, I'm a bit later tonight! Didn't feel so good when I got home (bloomin' cold) so had a sit down and read the paper. Then decided to do a chicken curry (sorry M, P & T) for tea - except I've left the chicken under my desk at work! :( Had to go the chip shop instead.

I like the sound of that escape button. She wouldn't actually say anything, its just my self-guilt! Actually, she came in and sat telling me some gossip, and when I turned back around to the computer I'd left the forum on the screen!!!! And yes, its is awful having a 'proper' job. I want to be free!!

Anyways, girls are asleep - Tilly looks like she's floating on air - can't see the perch underneath her! Milly must be up the corner again behind the big birds!
    • CommentTimeDec 14th, 2007 7:24pm (Dec 14th 2007)

Milly's not daft; must be better to be a small chicken cuddled up in this weather to two large hot feather bottles!
    • CommentTimeDec 14th, 2007 7:26pm (Dec 14th 2007)

She often seems to be the last one up the ladder so I don't know how she manages to squash in that corner!
    • CommentTimeDec 14th, 2007 7:40pm (Dec 14th 2007)

Are you not working till Monday? The chicken will be a little...ripe by then!!!
      CommentAuthorDianeonWhidbey
    • CommentTimeDec 14th, 2007 11:16pm (Dec 14th 2007)

Maybe she has a live chicken under her desk...

That's some nasty cold Kate - hasn't it been over a week already? Wishing you well.

Ollie I finally just gave up sending Christmas cards a few years ago. What I was getting in return were on-line cards from family/friends and then snail mail from people who've provided us services (vets, doctor, insurance co, etc...) Do you still recieve actual paper cards from people? The only exception to what I said is that I participate in "Postcrossing.com" which is a postcard trade between people living in countries other than one's own. So, at this time of year, some of them are Xmas postcards. Really neat cards actually. I love the old-timey looking ones I've gotten from Finland. Hencam and Postcrossing are the only two things I do on-line. I just found out my 74 year old mother is an avid blogger. And her subject is left wing politics. Can't believe it... :) She's more high tech and trendy than me for sure!
    • CommentTimeDec 15th, 2007 12:16am (Dec 15th 2007)

The stop smoking team have to go in tomorrow morning to collect equipment for a drop-in clinic so if I time it right I can get in then. Might throw it away anyway though as it hasn't been in a fridge.

Had this cold for 2 weeks now. Thought it was going yesterday but feel shattered again today. Perhaps thats because I'm not sleeping properly - every time I turn over I wake up and I'm a restless sleeper so its a bit like chinese torture!
    • CommentTimeDec 15th, 2007 1:27am (Dec 15th 2007) edited

Yes, even just a few hours out is too long for raw meat... :( At least the way they train us over here. (Long ago I was a person who certified food aid distribution warehouses - complete with clip board and temp gauges in my pocket.) Hehe. Oh yah, I told you that already because I remember talking about the "mouse droppings" trick. :X

Two weeks!! Oh that's awful. Its definitely time for that cold to leave you alone!!!

Hen Report: Same as Kate's 6 hours ago.
    • CommentTimeDec 15th, 2007 6:02am (Dec 15th 2007)

The girls are still huddled up in the back of the coop..it looks cold in there..Penny is still toward the front. I think Milly is behind her.

Kate, I sure hope you get to feeling better very soon..two weeks is a long time to be sick.
    • CommentTimeDec 15th, 2007 6:23am (Dec 15th 2007)

LW_PennyHen.jpg
    • CommentTimeDec 15th, 2007 8:45am (Dec 15th 2007)

Cor blimey Penny, those are crackin' socks you have there!

Don't know what happened then in the coop.
    Millie shot accross in a flapping flurry of feathers and missed the perch, caught her chin on it and ended up crouched on the floor. She has now moved slowly out of camera, still on the floor.
    Hope all is well. Millie is giving us some scares lately!
    • CommentTimeDec 15th, 2007 8:58am (Dec 15th 2007) edited

Ah, here's Millie now, just got back back on the perch. She seems very calm, though I can't see her head as the cam is set low. Guess she has gone to sleep.
    • CommentTimeDec 15th, 2007 9:03am (Dec 15th 2007) edited

Here is the door keeper and now the chicks are all outside looking very chearful and enjoying breakfast.
    'Good morning all to a day that started dull but now we have a little weak sunshine struggling through.
      CommentAuthorwazza
    • CommentTimeDec 15th, 2007 9:07am (Dec 15th 2007)

no longer a member

Nice chicken Kate
    • CommentTimeDec 15th, 2007 9:30am (Dec 15th 2007)

Actually Lynn that's not a bad idea - these past few days i've been telling the girls they need socks / shoes, because they (Tilly especially) refuse to walk on the frost :D

Hmmm, cam pic is frozen...unless Tilly is playing at being a statue...
    • CommentTimeDec 15th, 2007 2:36pm (Dec 15th 2007)

The girls are all right in front of the camera, someone's clucking very softly. Penny's having a drink now, Tilly is in front of camera. Milly is just standing around in the middle trying to decide whether to eat or drink I think!

I went and fetched my chicken. My husband thinks it'll be OK - I'll see if it 'smells' when I open it. I'm overly sensitive to the smell and have thrown so much away in the past, even though its sell by date was still valid. Also bought some more Neurofen Cold and Flu tablets. They seem to do the trick - I don't feel as bad now as I did when I dragged myself out of bed! Problem is I feel better so go off doing housework etc and exhaust myself.

I've just noticed what a beautiful neck Milly has - glad she's OK. Tilly keeps looking down the lens at me! Love your picture of Penny Lynn!
    • CommentTimeDec 15th, 2007 5:22pm (Dec 15th 2007) edited

Lynn that is an EXCELLENT graphic. Where did you get that? Its sooo cool. :D Red, do the socks match your famous striped pants (never seen 'em myself)?

No news to report on the hens. Ollie seems to be seeing a lot of the exciting moments there!
    • CommentTimeDec 15th, 2007 6:34pm (Dec 15th 2007)

Kate, if you have a cold, is it wise to entrust quality control to your sense of smell??? Hope it clears up soon...just sit and watch the hens dozing, that'll increase your well-being!
    • CommentTimeDec 15th, 2007 9:52pm (Dec 15th 2007)

Coop report:- All's well.
    Beaks tucked in and snoozing well.
    • CommentTimeDec 15th, 2007 10:15pm (Dec 15th 2007)

Actually, my sense of smell is OK! My nose will run like a tap but once blown its clear for a while. I feel like there's something stuck in the back of my throat though - don't know if its catarrh (?) or I've scratched it, or its just a reflex action to the cold.

All still snoozing - front hen (is it P or T?) is taking looonnnggg sssllloooowwww blinks by the looks of it! Is that Milly's bottom I can see to the right of the two black hens?
      CommentAuthorDianeonWhidbey
    • CommentTimeDec 16th, 2007 1:19am (Dec 16th 2007)

Welcome to new hencammer Xenoth - who I thought was a worldofwarcraft character when I first read her name :)

Ollllie I like that "beaks tucked in" - yet another item for the hencam dictionary.
    Kate's last hen report still holds.
    • CommentTimeDec 16th, 2007 9:00am (Dec 16th 2007)

We've all just been laughing at the chooks, because it's almost nine o clock in the morning here and they're all still tucked up in bed asleep - they're usually up at eight :D

Then my mum shouted out the window and woke them all up, so now they're all waiting to be let out for the day :-\
      CommentAuthorwazza
    • CommentTimeDec 16th, 2007 12:22pm (Dec 16th 2007)

no longer a member

Perhaps they had their Xmas disco lastnight then Red, and like wazza they are having a lazy day
    • CommentTimeDec 16th, 2007 2:19pm (Dec 16th 2007)

It was Sunday morning after all!!

Tilly's having a good long drink, then a flap at the camera. Milly is following Tilly around and seems to be copying what she does, but I can't see Penny. Has she gone back to bed been as she was rudely awakened this morning?!
    • CommentTimeDec 16th, 2007 2:30pm (Dec 16th 2007)

Went away for 2 minutes and now I can see 2 black hens - one lying down behind the water and one stood on the rear fence, but don't know which is which. Can't see Milly. I've just refreshed the screen because I thought the picture was frozen, but I think they're just playing statues!
      CommentAuthorDianeonWhidbey
    • CommentTimeDec 16th, 2007 8:59pm (Dec 16th 2007)

Hi Jo! Haven't seen you on-forum in awhile. How are things for you?
    • CommentTimeDec 16th, 2007 9:02pm (Dec 16th 2007)

Milly is up in front tonight..what pretty eyes she has...she keeps looking into the camera like she knows she's being watched. :D
      CommentAuthorDianeonWhidbey
    • CommentTimeDec 16th, 2007 9:06pm (Dec 16th 2007)

:D Were they in kilts too, Wazza? Or maybe the girls were at the party across the road from our house last night. Midnight screaming & fighting in the street. Plus a car in the ditch in front of the next door neighbors. And of course the police can do nothing because it all stopped right before they arrived. Wazza your job must be really frustrating at times...

Milly is currently glowering at the cam from behind a sista.

Red you have reminded me of the hilarious feeling that comes along with getting up and beginning your day and then realizing your dog is alseep in your bed, under the covers, head on pillow - rather than her habitual twirling around your legs to be let out and then gobble her breakfast.
      CommentAuthorDianeonWhidbey
    • CommentTimeDec 16th, 2007 9:07pm (Dec 16th 2007)

Hi Lynn. How are you & Don & mom?
    • CommentTimeDec 16th, 2007 9:12pm (Dec 16th 2007)

We're all doing pretty well here, Diane..I just came in for a few minutes to finish the laundry, before starting my afternoon feeding chores. I hate laundry.
      CommentAuthorDianeonWhidbey
    • CommentTimeDec 16th, 2007 9:13pm (Dec 16th 2007)

I'm glad to hear things are well for you. Today seems to be house cleaning day the world over. I believe Kate WISIDHed it earlier...
    • CommentTimeDec 17th, 2007 6:48am (Dec 17th 2007)

This is the most I have seen of Milly in weeks, usually she is in the back and only one or both of the blacks hens are visible. I only get to see them when they are asleep now that Winter is here. I'm looking forward to Spring.
      CommentAuthorDianeonWhidbey
    • CommentTimeDec 17th, 2007 7:03am (Dec 17th 2007)

What Lynn said.

Although I must add - I think I'm the LAST person to notice the twinkling lights & star on the hencam graphic! I read the posts about it. But not carefully apparently because I kept thinking people were talking about lights in the real coop. I just thought I couldn't seem 'em on my computer for some reason.
    • CommentTimeDec 17th, 2007 7:26am (Dec 17th 2007)

I didn't notice them on the graphic till tonight either, Diane. :D I don't think you were the last one... I think I have that dubious honor. :(
      CommentAuthorDianeonWhidbey
    • CommentTimeDec 17th, 2007 7:31am (Dec 17th 2007)

Awwww.

Well, there's Milly - nice close up of her chest feathers, eh?
    • CommentTimeDec 17th, 2007 8:00am (Dec 17th 2007)

Has Milly moved closer to the door ready for when she's let out into the coop? And if so why is she awake already?!?

All i can see on cam is a big close-up of a Milly wing :) which usually means she is waiting to be let out, but it's still dark outside...

Silly chuck...
    • CommentTimeDec 17th, 2007 3:22pm (Dec 17th 2007)

All 3 girls are wandering around in front of the lens - its got dark here really early, only quarter past 3 and its dusk already!

Was in late today - had to take hubby to A&E. Some dope in his jaguar didn't stop at the traffic island and knocked him off his bike. We thought he'd broken his wrist but the nurse said its a sprain. He'll be very stiff tomorrow when the bruises start coming out! Motorbike isn't too bad - just a few scuffs - but his helmet is scratched, coat (with body armour thankfully) scuffed, and waterproof trousers ripped. Car driver admitted it was all his fault - wonder if he'll tell his insurance company the same!
    • CommentTimeDec 17th, 2007 6:12pm (Dec 17th 2007)

Blimey, how's he now, Kate? Hope he's not too achey in the morning; give him our best! I hope he managed to dent the Jag in retaliation...
      CommentAuthorDianeonWhidbey
    • CommentTimeDec 17th, 2007 6:33pm (Dec 17th 2007)

OMG - Here's a BIG HEN HUG for your hubby Kate! So glad it wasn't worse than that :(
      CommentAuthorDianeonWhidbey
    • CommentTimeDec 17th, 2007 6:34pm (Dec 17th 2007)

Hen Report: downstairs cam/upstairs girls.
    • CommentTimeDec 17th, 2007 7:26pm (Dec 17th 2007)

The girls are in the coop for the night and as per usually, I missed seeing the camera move. Milly must be in the back again, I only see Penny and Tilly.

Kate, I hope your hubby will be alright, some times it takes a few days before hairline fractures show up in xrays. (like CC, I hope he dented the Jag!)
    • CommentTimeDec 17th, 2007 7:36pm (Dec 17th 2007)

His wrist still hurts and the bruises are slowly appearing but he's OK. Thanks for all the good wishes! Apparently the jag lost its number plate (but didn't realise) other than that he doesn't think there was any damage. He's quite laid back about it all - everyone's saying he should contact a "where there's blame there's a claim" solicitor but he's not interested in that. As long as his damaged clothing and helmet are replaced and the bike's OK he's happy. I'm amazed how many people have said "well, bikes are dangerous" to which I said no, inattentive drivers in big cars are dangerous!

Hen report: Penny on the perch closest to the camera and looking very big, Tilly at the back. From this angle it looks as if their beaks are almost touching again, and that Tilly is watching over Penpen. Not surprised we can't see Milly - assume she's in her corner.
      CommentAuthorDianeonWhidbey
    • CommentTimeDec 17th, 2007 9:12pm (Dec 17th 2007)

Yes, it looks like T & P are making a nest for Milly to snuggle in :)

I used to ride my motorcyle (ah to be a girl of 20 again) with my thumb on the horn - given the likelihood of that inattention you speak of. Say, your husband knows that, once it hits the ground like that, a helmet is toast right? Even if it looks like its just been scratched the internal integrity of it has been destroyed. I feel a little like an interfering mother hen, but...
    • CommentTimeDec 17th, 2007 9:18pm (Dec 17th 2007) edited

My hubby, who lived, breathed, dreamed and worked motor cycles, would say m/cs are the safest vehicle around, you can avoid and get out of trouble so much easier.
    He never had an accident on a m/c but has had a few in cars by being dirven into.
    You're right about the helmet, Diane, once bashed = scrap, so include it in your claim.
      CommentAuthorDianeonWhidbey
    • CommentTimeDec 17th, 2007 9:18pm (Dec 17th 2007)

Hi Ollie! :)
    • CommentTimeDec 17th, 2007 9:21pm (Dec 17th 2007)

Hi Diane. (note spelling)
      CommentAuthorDianeonWhidbey
    • CommentTimeDec 17th, 2007 9:29pm (Dec 17th 2007)

LOL. Oh Ollie :D :D
    • CommentTimeDec 17th, 2007 9:31pm (Dec 17th 2007)

Hi Ollie and Diane :)
      CommentAuthorDianeonWhidbey
    • CommentTimeDec 17th, 2007 9:33pm (Dec 17th 2007)

Hey there Lynn!

Lots of coop action at the moment, eh? :D
    • CommentTimeDec 17th, 2007 9:41pm (Dec 17th 2007)

I just saw Milly stand up behind Penny and Tilly. :D
    • CommentTimeDec 17th, 2007 10:48pm (Dec 17th 2007) edited

Bye hens, bye Lynn, bye Ollie, bye Lynn's kitties - must NOT be late to work... (again.)
    • CommentTimeDec 18th, 2007 5:44am (Dec 18th 2007) edited

LOL. Because of dial up I see still photos of the coop. So tonight I came on to see Penny poised on the perch with her right leg, while her left leg (claws extended) hung in the air over Tilly - who was sound asleep. I waited with baited breath to see what happened next. But the next shot was Penny with both feet planted on the perch. No idea what transpired inbetween. ;)
    • CommentTimeDec 18th, 2007 12:31pm (Dec 18th 2007) edited

Kate - report the driver of the Jag to the police - he shouldn't get away with knocking your hubby off his bike!

Especially as you have proof and a keepsake (the number plate!)

Hope he's feeling a bit better now and using the opportunity of getting lots of sympathy :)
    • CommentTimeDec 18th, 2007 2:22pm (Dec 18th 2007)

Yes, he's getting lots of sympathy, and he got the driver's full details. He knows about not using the helmet again - he had one once that slipped off the seat of the bike and he refused to wear it, so he's very careful. "You only get one head" he says! He's very sore today and his wrist is swollen. He's only ever been knocked off once before - he was going along a dual carriageway when the car to his left (we drive on the left remember!) decided it wanted to turn right and turned straight into him. Can you believe they said it was his fault, that he was speeding and they had no chance of seeing him and the insurance went knock for knock! It was pouring with rain and he was doing about 38mph (on a 40mph road). With hindsight he wished he'd phoned the police - they might've been prosecuted for driving without due care and attention.

Hen report: all 3 girls are right in front of the camera dining on something delightful by the looks of it. They scoff for a bit, then have a scratch about and a little walk, then back to the food. Had a lovely view of Penny a minute ago, mainly Milly's tail in shot now.
    • CommentTimeDec 18th, 2007 2:35pm (Dec 18th 2007)

Red is cuddling Milly again, but its off camera. Penny is still scratching around eating biscuits I think I heard Red say! Red's telling Tilly to stop flapping, but can't see that either. Is she trying to fly?!! I really don't want to do any work - I love watching the girls! Maybe 5 minutes more ... !
      CommentAuthorDianeonWhidbey
    • CommentTimeDec 18th, 2007 8:43pm (Dec 18th 2007)

Glad to hear that hubby is (relatively) ok Kate. He's been literally getting world-wide sympathy :)

What does "scoff" mean there? Here it means "to speak about with contempt." So...what, are the ridiculing the neighbor cats?

Hen Report: The are upstairs now (6 hours later) sleeping in a row, so for once we can see Ms. Milly. Although there she goes, working her way behind Penny.
    • CommentTimeDec 18th, 2007 9:13pm (Dec 18th 2007)

I'm here 23 minutes after Diane and Milly is up the corner again (I can see a tiny bit of her rear end!), flanked by P&T.

Ah yes, scoff has that meaning here too, but it also means to eat hungrily, i.e. rushing their food! My husband doesn't know I've posted on here about him (unless he reads it when I'm not around!) and probably wouldn't appreciate it, but I don't care - nothing wrong with sharing news!

I feel a bit like Blofelt(?) from the Bond movies - I'm sitting here with my long haired white (and black!) cat on my lap (say hello Foggy!) She's got a claw sticking in my knee though and its bloomin' painful!!! My crys of "ow ow ow" have caused her to give me a dirty look and run off, but at least the pain in my knee has nearly stopped!
    • CommentTimeDec 18th, 2007 9:38pm (Dec 18th 2007)

The girls are all standing up having a stretch and a scratch! Tilly is first to settle back down, Milly is facing the wall and Penny is stood next to her watching Tilly.

A couple of minutes later and Milly has settled again, Penny is turning circles but seems ready to bed down again. Good night girls, I'm off to put the bin bags out for the dustbin men to collect tomorrow! (suppose that's my WISDIH)!
    • CommentTimeDec 19th, 2007 5:03am (Dec 19th 2007)

My internet connection was down all day, my kitty and I were having withdrawals from not being able to see the hen girls...now, the cat and I are happy again. I see all three of them tonight, Penny is preening her feathers.
      CommentAuthorDianeonWhidbey
    • CommentTimeDec 19th, 2007 5:06am (Dec 19th 2007)

Welcome back home! :)
      CommentAuthorDianeonWhidbey
    • CommentTimeDec 19th, 2007 5:08am (Dec 19th 2007)

Speaking of people being MIA - has anyone heard from Gloria recently??
      CommentAuthorDianeonWhidbey
    • CommentTimeDec 19th, 2007 8:20am (Dec 19th 2007)

Ho ho! I'm up late enough to see the girls at breakfast! I missed the cam ride, but oh well...:)
    • CommentTimeDec 19th, 2007 9:58am (Dec 19th 2007)

The girls are all down the back of the 'day' area today (is there a name for each area of their accommodation?!) All 3 are heads down so there must be something interesting there!!!
      CommentAuthorwazza
    • CommentTimeDec 19th, 2007 1:43pm (Dec 19th 2007)

no longer a member

wazza wants to say Hi to everyone.... so HI everyone.

I am working every hour possible and spent all last night in Chief Chickens town grabbing baddies... (Sorry Chief chicken i could not call in for tea this time had too many naughty peeps to sort out)
    • CommentTimeDec 19th, 2007 3:01pm (Dec 19th 2007)

Good to hear our boys in blue (or black, dayglo yellow, white, navy, and whatever other colour you choose to wear!) are working hard!!

Girls look happy today again, scratching around in front of the camera. Do they get a treat for christmas?

Damage to hubby's bike = £250, + parts, + labour, + helmet, coat etc. Looking at close on £1k! Perhaps NOW the jag driver will stop at islands instead of assuming he can coast past everything!
    • CommentTimeDec 19th, 2007 6:09pm (Dec 19th 2007)

I see an empty coop...exciting ;)

Hey chief chicken, i see we are online at the same time :)
    • CommentTimeDec 19th, 2007 6:27pm (Dec 19th 2007)

Yes, tapping away when I ought to be wrapping presents...praps I sahould put this on the WISDIH thread!;)
    • CommentTimeDec 19th, 2007 6:28pm (Dec 19th 2007)

Wazza; you didn't catch me, then, when you were rounding up badduns! Is the town squeaky clean for me now?
      CommentAuthorDianeonWhidbey
    • CommentTimeDec 19th, 2007 7:39pm (Dec 19th 2007)

Kate - that's $2,000 then? Wow. That's a lot of hen feed & cakes, right girls?

I can just see Penny (standing up, scratching & making conversation with Tilly) & Tilly, who is laying down and listening to Penny. Milly must be in her usual warm spot behind the two of them.
    • CommentTimeDec 19th, 2007 8:01pm (Dec 19th 2007)

They're nodding off now, I think...I wish I had a Hencam in Sage & Onion's coop!
    • CommentTimeDec 19th, 2007 9:15pm (Dec 19th 2007) edited

Hencam Two! :D Or II. Or JR. Melted compact disk as its logo.

I've been thinking of having a cam in my yard. Right now then are 10 or 20 beautifully flushed faced Strawberry Finches & some, what's that... a wren? Winter is great for bird watching at the feeders - because you can see all the birds sitting nearby in the now leafless trees & bushes.
    • CommentTimeDec 19th, 2007 10:33pm (Dec 19th 2007) edited

Tilly looks warm and snuggly, Milly is up the corner and has just half stood up (don't think she's got the head room to make it fully!) and can just see a tiny bit of Penny.

Yes, it would be about $2k. His helmet is worth more than the damage to the bike, but then his head is priceless!

Wish we had such pretty birds in our garden Diane. We used to have some bluetits in the bush at the back of our old house, but its just magpies here.
    • CommentTimeDec 20th, 2007 7:18am (Dec 20th 2007)

The girls are awake and moving around, but I think it's too early for them to be going outside. I haven't been able to see them outside for weeks now..I hate Winter! ( yes I'm pouting again :( )
    • CommentTimeDec 20th, 2007 1:03pm (Dec 20th 2007)

I can see Milly lying down at the back of the downstairs area (stand up Milly!!), and either P or T behind her. Its absolutely freezing here today - don't think its got above zero degrees.
    • CommentTimeDec 20th, 2007 1:29pm (Dec 20th 2007)

All in front of camera again. Are Tilly's feathers darker than Penny's?
    • CommentTimeDec 20th, 2007 6:44pm (Dec 20th 2007)

Waiting for Mr or Ms Sandman to come and tuck the chicks away
    • CommentTimeDec 20th, 2007 6:45pm (Dec 20th 2007) edited

No Sooner said than done. Wow !!!
    I really enjoy that ride on the cam.
    • CommentTimeDec 20th, 2007 6:46pm (Dec 20th 2007)

I got to see Neil move the camera..it's been ages since I was able to see that..Milly looks all comfy tonight.
    • CommentTimeDec 20th, 2007 6:49pm (Dec 20th 2007)

Come on guys. There are FOUR of us here right now, AND a guest.
    Welcome Guest. Hope you enjoy our simple pleasure, we are simple people and love simple things.
    After all you can't get a lot simpler than a chicken!
    • CommentTimeDec 20th, 2007 6:49pm (Dec 20th 2007) edited

Yes, how did we all end up here together for the Ride of the Cam? Very cool. G'night Neil :)

Hello Ollie, Lynn & Kate :D
    • CommentTimeDec 20th, 2007 6:51pm (Dec 20th 2007)

I forgot to say G'night to Neil..Nite Nite, Neil!
      CommentAuthorDianeonWhidbey
    • CommentTimeDec 20th, 2007 6:51pm (Dec 20th 2007)

Two guests now - news is spreading. Hencam ACTION has just occurred. :)
    • CommentTimeDec 20th, 2007 6:52pm (Dec 20th 2007)

Hello guests..Welcome to the "The Coop".
      CommentAuthorDianeonWhidbey
    • CommentTimeDec 20th, 2007 6:53pm (Dec 20th 2007)

I wonder if Kate accidently signed out & is now just showing up as a guest... I've done that before. She can't be at work & hiding from her boss; its almost 7 pm there.
      CommentAuthorDianeonWhidbey
    • CommentTimeDec 20th, 2007 6:57pm (Dec 20th 2007)

There are 10 acres of forest behind me. I can just see into a edge of it from my window here. The reason I mention it is that right at this moment some beautiful rays of sunshine are streaming into it. Lovely.

Hen Report: They have smoothed their feathers, following the excitment of the arrival of the cam, and are now settled in their sleeping spots. T & P on the rail, M in the right hand corner (just for variety) of the nest box.

I'm off for my morning (eeek its almost noon) bath.
    • CommentTimeDec 20th, 2007 7:09pm (Dec 20th 2007)

All these hellos and goodnights, the guest might think s/he has strayed into an episode of the Waltons.
    G'night, everybody!
    • CommentTimeDec 20th, 2007 7:22pm (Dec 20th 2007)

I logged on but then went elsewhere on the net - have ordered something and think it might be a dodgy company :(

When I came back to here it said no new posts on this thread yet there are loads!! How odd. Also, there were 4 others on line and now you've all gone away. :( Lots of sad faces tonight!

Assume you've all seen it then. What? You don't know what I'm on about? Milly of course, sitting up front and swaying dangerously on that ledge!!
    • CommentTimeDec 20th, 2007 7:31pm (Dec 20th 2007)

Coop report :-
    Millie - Centre stage.
    All heads tucked in and (do hens snore?) certainly plenty of heavy breathing there.
    • CommentTimeDec 20th, 2007 8:17pm (Dec 20th 2007)

Tilly was standing behind Milly with her head tucked in and looked like a headless blob!! Milly is still wobbling back and forth - Penny eyes her every now and then as if to say "what're you doing there"! Tilly's having a good 'ol scratch and groom again, and has inspired Penny to join in! "ZZZZZ" said Milly!
      CommentAuthorDianeonWhidbey
    • CommentTimeDec 20th, 2007 8:23pm (Dec 20th 2007)

Hi Kate :)

Wow - all three perching. Don't think I've seen that in months. Tilly decided to preen, which woke Milly for a second. Just a second though.
    • CommentTimeDec 21st, 2007 7:53am (Dec 21st 2007)

It's getting late over here and I have to head to bed..it's been one of "those days"..everything I touched today fell apart like wet toilet paper *sigh*..I see the girls are getting ready to venture outside..Penny keeps looking at the camera, Milly is still fluffed up, but her eyes are open. I can't sit up any longer *yawn*..I'm about to fall asleep in my chair. Night night gang..see ya tomorrow.
      CommentAuthorDianeonWhidbey
    • CommentTimeDec 21st, 2007 8:09am (Dec 21st 2007)

Awwww. There's our Milly, eating her tasty food right in front of the cam :) Must be my bedtime.

Reading Lynn's post (above) I see that within the space of 14 minutes we both missed riding the cam. :(

I hope you have a much better and really lovely day on Friday Lynn!
      CommentAuthorDianeonWhidbey
    • CommentTimeDec 21st, 2007 8:10am (Dec 21st 2007)

Has anyone heard from Gloria lately?
    • CommentTimeDec 21st, 2007 10:55am (Dec 21st 2007)

It looks windy in the coop today! Milly is perched back on the second wall, and I think Penny or Tilly is having a dust bath behind the water dispenser. Milly's now standing and considering a bath herself I think! She's preening first.

Nope, haven't seen any posts from Gloria. Would she have gone away for a few days?
    • CommentTimeDec 21st, 2007 4:22pm (Dec 21st 2007)

I just got to see Red with the hens..looks like the hens are going in for the night...at least I got to see them in the outside world today..it's been some time since that happened.
      CommentAuthorDianeonWhidbey
    • CommentTimeDec 21st, 2007 5:50pm (Dec 21st 2007)

Hmmm. Yes, Gloria does travel. Its just been a bit longer than usual I think & I don't remember that she mentioned a trip. :(

GREAT news Lynn! You got to see Red. Exciting hencam moments. :D

Right now it is the empty feeding/playing area.
    • CommentTimeDec 21st, 2007 7:16pm (Dec 21st 2007)

Millie rocking to and fro' on her perch.
    I can't watch!
    • CommentTimeDec 21st, 2007 7:27pm (Dec 21st 2007)

Big white chicken with no head!!
      CommentAuthorGloria
    • CommentTimeDec 21st, 2007 9:12pm (Dec 21st 2007)

Hi,
    The girls are where I want to be right now....back in bed! I"m just pulling out of a week's worth of flu....I shivvered off 5 pounds in the process. So, it looks like MIlly is foresquare and ? in back is showing a beady eye. Nice and quiet, though...Oh, Milly just woke up....

Well, I'm going to return to my roost and get some rest under my belt....This is the first day I've had an appetite. For me to skip eating is really something...