• CommentTimeNov 22nd, 2015 6:10pm (Nov 22nd 2015) edited

It's getting dark so early now and my sleep is so messed up that we have to be quick getting the dogs out the house to walk them whilst it's light enough - the moon was up as we headed out with Zoey!

photo gozoey_zpsimctrvsk.jpg

The flooding has gone down significantly which means we were able to take Zoey to the beach - she actually loved wading through the water! (see the start of the video below ;) )

photo gozoey1_zpskz6sgj2b.jpg

I think I've said before that I love taking silhouette photos at dusk...yeah...

photo gozoey3_zps9uisws44.jpg

Crows

photo gozoey4_zpsn8wbyffx.jpg

So many crows!

photo gozoey5_zpsii8jyucf.jpg

I wanted to get a photo of Zoey's reflection in the puddle...Zoey was not cooperating hahaha!

photo gozoey6_zpsz6ilysya.jpg
    Best I could do :)

photo gozoey7_zpszhrnbqbz.jpg

The sunset and sky were absolutely beautiful, just stunning...I apologise for all the pics of the sky! :bigsmile:

photo gozoey8_zpsvkvodzxj.jpg

People walking their dogs on the other side of the beach (I told you I love silhouettes!)

photo gozoey9_zpsoll04ivd.jpg

Sometimes you just get lucky when taking photos, and the pic comes out exactly as you wanted it to...this is one of them

photo gozoey11_zpsxhqgspxl.jpg

On the actual beach

photo gozoey13_zpstbzlu9ad.jpg

More coming...
    • CommentTimeNov 22nd, 2015 6:16pm (Nov 22nd 2015) edited

We decided recently to let Zoey off lead more often, in carefully selected places. They need to be safe areas, obviously (free from livestock and away from roads), but we also need to be able to see around us, so we can put Zoey on lead if people or dogs appear.

I've said before that Zoey has wonderful recall, and she's a loving and gentle dog...but we never used to let her off lead because she's a bull breed, and if anything went wrong she would automatically be blamed. We've had several dogs (most off lead) that have attacked Zoey, and she's never even reacted to them...but we need to be careful because of her breed, which is very sad.

But why should she not be allowed off lead when she has fantastic recall and she'd enjoy it?! So we've decided to start thinking up places that would suit our needs for off lead Zoey walks :smile:

photo gozoey14_zpsyfya4bgq.jpg

Zoey was wonderful, as ever. Her recall was 100%, she didn't go too far away, she came to check in with us and give us her attention often, and she even came and offered sits without me asking!

photo gozoey15_zpsu87pxgzt.jpg
    Best of all, she had the time of her life :) Here she is coming when called!

photo gozoey16_zpsmxgcf9j2.jpg

More sunset (sorry!)

photo gozoey17_zpstbaiwpss.jpg

And back on her longline as there were sheep in the next field

photo gozoey18_zps5r4qt0g6.jpg

Rolling happily!

photo gozoey19_zps1ogpaoxs.jpg

Last sunset photo I promise!!!

photo gozoey21_zps1sjtucfr.jpg

And lookie, maybe the best photo I've ever taken - a robin in flight!

photo gozoey2_zpsytc5i5kr.jpg
    • CommentTimeNov 22nd, 2015 6:17pm (Nov 22nd 2015) edited

Paddling, wading and off lead Zoey video too...she's incredible off lead :)

• CommentTimeNov 22nd, 2015 7:02pm (Nov 22nd 2015)

She's such a good girl - and that robin pic is amazing, you should enter it for a competition!
    • CommentTimeNov 23rd, 2015 5:05pm (Nov 23rd 2015)

Yes, the robin picture is just glorious. The colours of bird and background make a very special picture.

Zoey showed just how much energy she has. She must sleep very well after that.

You take care of yourself Red. You are a very special person.
    • CommentTimeNov 23rd, 2015 8:40pm (Nov 23rd 2015)

Agree on the robin photo, and also love the Zoey recall. So happy!
    • CommentTimeNov 24th, 2015 12:33am (Nov 24th 2015) edited

Thanks CC!! My dad said I should enter it to a comp too :bigsmile:

Ollie I couldn't believe it when I saw the photo on my camera, I was sure I'd missed the robin! I think it must be so nice for Zoey to finally have chance to sprint madly off lead...this evening she got to go to the hall and has been sleeping for five hours straight now :rolling: Thank you Ollie, that means a lot :heart:

Thanks Kate! I'm so glad we've started letting her off lead more...I think it took Raiden to make us think to, as we could never let Kasper off lead around here (no boundaries and too many farm animals!), but Zoey deserves to go off lead...we shouldn't have to keep her on a lead just because of her breed.
    • CommentTimeNov 24th, 2015 4:39pm (Nov 24th 2015)

We really, really like the photo's, especially the robin - very festive! Perfect timing...

Henry Cartier-Bresson called it "the decisive moment" - that split second in time captured by a photograph.
    • CommentTimeDec 2nd, 2015 5:43pm (Dec 2nd 2015)

Your pictures are beautiful, Red...I loved the sunset pictures..wow! The picture of the Robin in flight was awesome!:heart:
    • CommentTimeDec 8th, 2015 3:54pm (Dec 8th 2015)