Site Tag Cloud

CommentAuthorsuzy
    • CommentTimeFeb 1st, 2008 9:02am (Feb 1st 2008)

hi it is Suzy and Dom - we are still trying to work out this photo thing - any ideas on how to make a picture upload? we are posting a web address in the personal details box and nothing is happening?
    • CommentAuthorCake
    • CommentTimeFeb 1st, 2008 12:07pm (Feb 1st 2008)

Hi Suzy, follow these instructions they are so easy even I did it.
    xx Cake

HOW TO POST A PHOTO HERE! :tongue: (Note: The only way to understand this is to follow each step - so; reading ahead is hazardous! Read the next paragraph, scan the rest and assume you won't understand that part until you are following the steps. :) )

First, copy and paste the following instructions into a Word Document on your computer, so that you can refer to them after you close out Hencam to begin the process of uploading a photo from you computer into this forum photo album. (You need to have the photos stored on your computer to do this. Either with a digital camera or by making a cd at the photo store and then using that to save them in a directory.)

Then, go to this address:
    • Follow the instructions there to: Setup a (free) account
    • Then, go to ‘My Album’
    • Click on one of the ‘Browse…’ buttons
    • Double click on a the photo you want (in from computer photo file)
    • Press ‘Upload’ and wait
    • Once uploaded, click on the little ‘edit’ option (right above the picture)
    • Click on ‘Resize’ and select ‘Web/Email’ option
    • Click on your back arrow to go back to the previous screen
    • Move your cursor to the HTML Tag box and click and highlight the code that begins with: <a href=
    • Right mouse click and select copy (once the whole sentence of code is highlighted.
    • Return to the Hencam Forum and the PHOTO ALBUM and paste the code into the comment box
    • Make sure the ‘html’ option (versus the ‘text’ option) is selected, below the comment box
    • Write whatever else you want to and then press ‘enter’!
      CommentAuthorwazza
    • CommentTimeFeb 1st, 2008 7:02pm (Feb 1st 2008)

no longer a member

MAKE SURE YOUR hENCAM ACCOUNT HAS html ENABLED
      CommentAuthorDianeonWhidbey
    • CommentTimeFeb 1st, 2008 7:54pm (Feb 1st 2008)

You guys - I think she might be talking about an avatar?
    • CommentTimeFeb 1st, 2008 8:42pm (Feb 1st 2008)

Yes, I thought that Diane. I think a few of us had trouble with that one. Were the instructions in the Avatar thread? Or Neil said you can send him a picture and he'll resize it and apply it for you?
      CommentAuthorsuzy
    • CommentTimeFeb 1st, 2008 10:28pm (Feb 1st 2008)

okay... i think i didn't have my hencam account html enabled... trying again. otherwise i'm emailing neil!
      CommentAuthorsuzy
    • CommentTimeFeb 1st, 2008 10:29pm (Feb 1st 2008)

testing testing 123
    • CommentTimeFeb 2nd, 2008 5:27pm (Feb 2nd 2008)

Suzy, you can always make a passing policeman do it for you; that's what I did. Fancy a forrin trip, Wazza?
    • CommentAuthoroli in UK
    • CommentTimeFeb 2nd, 2008 5:35pm (Feb 2nd 2008)

Did you see Neil driving the webcam by remote control tonight?
    Red handling cam while Neil shouts 'left a bit, 'left a bit' through the kitchen window!
    A great combination. Has she had any car driving lessons with you yet, Neil?. That's another matter!
    Beautiful view. Millie is asleep after only a few minutes.
    • CommentTimeFeb 2nd, 2008 5:44pm (Feb 2nd 2008)

I laughed; made me think of The Golden Shot!
      CommentAuthorDianeonWhidbey
    • CommentTimeFeb 2nd, 2008 7:39pm (Feb 2nd 2008)

LOL. I really wish I could have seen that.

:thumbup:
    • CommentTimeFeb 2nd, 2008 10:20pm (Feb 2nd 2008)

Added entertainment value by the sounds of it!
    • CommentTimeFeb 3rd, 2008 12:11am (Feb 3rd 2008)

Up a bit...left a bit....left a bit more....and FIRE!
    • CommentTimeFeb 3rd, 2008 1:36am (Feb 3rd 2008)

I'm sorry I missed Neil and Red..I miss all the good stuff :cry:
      CommentAuthorwazza
    • CommentTimeFeb 3rd, 2008 5:36am (Feb 3rd 2008)

no longer a member

For Rent... One slightly Used WAZZA
    • CommentTimeFeb 3rd, 2008 2:06pm (Feb 3rd 2008)

How much is the rent?!
    • CommentTimeFeb 3rd, 2008 7:04pm (Feb 3rd 2008)

Blimey; we've got a rent boy policing Marlow???! :shocked:
    • CommentTimeFeb 3rd, 2008 9:34pm (Feb 3rd 2008)

BOY!! I've seen the photos - he's no boy!! :rolling:
      CommentAuthorwazza
    • CommentTimeFeb 4th, 2008 5:25am (Feb 4th 2008)

no longer a member

Nope I am a REAL Man :flowers::winkkiss:
    • CommentTimeFeb 4th, 2008 5:48pm (Feb 4th 2008)

Yeah, but they're all boys deep down...see Diane for in-depth analysis of that sweeping generalisation!
    • CommentTimeFeb 4th, 2008 7:27pm (Feb 4th 2008)

Ah, so true. I've got 3 of them in the house so should know I suppose!
    • CommentTimeFeb 4th, 2008 8:06pm (Feb 4th 2008)

Blimey - FOUR babies??? How do you cope? :bigsmile:
    • CommentTimeFeb 4th, 2008 8:13pm (Feb 4th 2008)

I know - please send sympathy!
    • CommentTimeFeb 4th, 2008 8:20pm (Feb 4th 2008)

It's not sympathy you need, it's the whip, chair and cattle prod!
    • CommentTimeFeb 4th, 2008 8:27pm (Feb 4th 2008)

I shall be purchasing them tomorrow then!
    • CommentTimeFeb 4th, 2008 9:01pm (Feb 4th 2008)

Kate..I'm sending sympathy, but at thousands of miles away, it's going to take awhile to get there. :surfing:
      CommentAuthorDianeonWhidbey
    • CommentTimeFeb 5th, 2008 6:01am (Feb 5th 2008)

I'm still stuck trying to figure out what the heck Wazza meant by *for rent one slightly used Wazza* Non sequitur at a minimum...
      CommentAuthorwazza
    • CommentTimeFeb 5th, 2008 6:44am (Feb 5th 2008)

no longer a member

well Diane rent me for the day and you will see I can do Ironing washing hoovering dusting cooking car maintenence and dog walking and HAND OVER THE TV REMOTE CONTROL, plus much much more.. a domestic GOD :boogie:
    • CommentTimeFeb 5th, 2008 4:57pm (Feb 5th 2008)

Think of it as an advert; FOR RENT; ONE SLIGHTLY USED WAZZA. But I'd get a reference from Shobhna before you take him up on it...
      CommentAuthorDianeonWhidbey
    • CommentTimeFeb 10th, 2008 5:32am (Feb 10th 2008) edited

He'd better take a look around the digs here - not sure anyone would agree at any price to tackle this...
      CommentAuthorsuzy
    • CommentTimeFeb 13th, 2008 4:00am (Feb 13th 2008)

sounds like your average kiwi husband. if they don't toe the line they are put there SHARPISH. you know that NZ was the first country in the world to give women (and everyone else, including maori) the vote? 1893... oh yes, the top 5 jobs in the country are also held by women... we do not take kindly to men acting like male chauv. pigs (most certainly not at home, when away from their mates and BBQ).
      CommentAuthorDianeonWhidbey
    • CommentTimeFeb 13th, 2008 8:38am (Feb 13th 2008)

Yes, I believe NZ and, is it, Finland are the most feminist countries in the world. By far. Little tid bit I learned while working on the UN End of the Decade for Women, cough, 20 + years ago. OMG has it really been that long? 1985.
    • CommentAuthoroli in UK
    • CommentTimeFeb 13th, 2008 9:43pm (Feb 13th 2008)

Great cam-angle tonight. Don't know who set it up, I haven't been on the cam-ride for a few days.
    School hols are a bit hectic for me and I get quite disorientated.
      CommentAuthorsuzy
    • CommentTimeFeb 14th, 2008 1:59am (Feb 14th 2008)

he he he, and the funny thing is that we take pride in being so strong... but we let the men do their thing as long as they are pulling their weight, but WATCH OUT if they try to be bossy! I went to univ. in America and was SHOCKED AND HORRIFIED at how backward it is over there, as relates to gender roles etc.
      CommentAuthorDianeonWhidbey
    • CommentTimeFeb 14th, 2008 7:33am (Feb 14th 2008)

The US is a pretty big place. You can find just about everything here and every way of relating-to other people, animals, the environment.
    • CommentTimeFeb 14th, 2008 12:01pm (Feb 14th 2008)

I agree with Diane... I think anywhere you look you'll find strong and weak members of both sexes, partnerships etc etc.
    • CommentAuthorJanice Sansing
    • CommentTimeFeb 14th, 2008 6:14pm (Feb 14th 2008)

Hi Everyone .I finally got to ride the camera. Happy Valentines Day to all.
    • CommentTimeFeb 15th, 2008 12:07am (Feb 15th 2008)

Well done Janice - its a great experience isn't it!
    • CommentAuthoroli in UK
    • CommentTimeFeb 23rd, 2008 12:17pm (Feb 23rd 2008)

Re the "Headline" on the first page -

latest news: at least it's not frozen anymore...
    posted by Neil, 21 February 2008, 12:38pm [more]

IT isn't even there!!!
    • CommentAuthoroli in UK
    • CommentTimeFeb 23rd, 2008 3:12pm (Feb 23rd 2008)

TiiiDaaah !
    And there it is !!

Thank you.
    • CommentAuthoroli in UK
    • CommentTimeFeb 26th, 2008 10:49pm (Feb 26th 2008)

to see why our ITV channels keep breaking up -
    Apparently, it is something to do with a police CB radio in Keighley which is drowning out the signal - I blame Wazza from the forum! They suggested fitting a filter (which they'll charge for, natch, and which "might" even fix it...)

Niel, unless you have very cheapo tv, then the perpetrater has to sort this out for you. It is only a graphite ring onto your ariel wire behind tv. Someone a while back did this... now who was it? He is a moderator on here....
      CommentAuthorwazza
    • CommentTimeFeb 27th, 2008 8:47am (Feb 27th 2008)

no longer a member

poor wazza he gets blamed for everything...

Hmmmmmm police are all digital now and we dont interfere with other things... we are also incripted so you could NOT listen in either... Its probably a Taxi Company or trawler fishermen
    • CommentTimeFeb 27th, 2008 9:43am (Feb 27th 2008)

I strongly suspect the aerial guys are trying to get us to spend more on "snake oil"... didn't really think it was your fault Wazza :)

Glad you are about though as that gives me more ammo when the aerial fitters come round on Friday.

Oli - I fit a spare ferrite ring I had on the hencam audio cable - has anyone heard the rogue signals recently (last few weeks or so?) - if so, it worked! From what the aerial guys said this was more than a ferrite ring, but they could just be talking rubbish (for a change!)
      CommentAuthorwazza
    • CommentTimeFeb 27th, 2008 11:12am (Feb 27th 2008)

no longer a member

I will be in Cyber space casting a spell
    • CommentTimeFeb 27th, 2008 4:18pm (Feb 27th 2008)

I haven't heard Hencabs on air for quite a while now you mention it. I thought the girls had just gone out of business...
    • CommentAuthoroli in UK
    • CommentTimeFeb 27th, 2008 6:48pm (Feb 27th 2008)

Maybe they couldn't pedal fast enough.
    Or their base office sounded rather like one of those Southern Hemisphere help lines that we sometimes reach after a long wait.
      CommentAuthorDianeonWhidbey
    • CommentTimeFeb 28th, 2008 12:21am (Feb 28th 2008)

LOL.

I haven't heard em either.
    • CommentAuthoroli in UK
    • CommentTimeFeb 28th, 2008 7:10pm (Feb 28th 2008)

Niel, please tell me what is that very loud 'bell' that I hear sometimes?

It sure isn't the 'ringing in the ears' that comes with OAP status,
    or too much juice.
    • CommentTimeFeb 28th, 2008 7:13pm (Feb 28th 2008)

I think the girls run a gym out the back; it's the bell for between rounds for the boxing.
      CommentAuthorDianeonWhidbey
    • CommentTimeFeb 28th, 2008 7:15pm (Feb 28th 2008)

Its usually a car alarm that I hear...
    • CommentTimeFeb 28th, 2008 7:16pm (Feb 28th 2008)

Well you aren't drinking enough.
      CommentAuthorDianeonWhidbey
    • CommentTimeFeb 28th, 2008 7:16pm (Feb 28th 2008)

True.
    • CommentAuthoroli in UK
    • CommentTimeFeb 28th, 2008 7:17pm (Feb 28th 2008)

I read that two minutes of laughing each day is the quota for eternal life.. or something along those lines..

I get enough laughing out loud each day on Hencam to qualify me for more than that !

Thanks guys.
    • CommentTimeFeb 28th, 2008 7:18pm (Feb 28th 2008)

You give us our fair share of grins too, Ollie!
    • CommentAuthoroli in UK
    • CommentTimeFeb 28th, 2008 7:24pm (Feb 28th 2008)

Neil. Did I just hear you say you would mend the torn plastic in the morning?
    We are forecast heavy rain for Friday.
    This should be worth tuning in for. Watching Neil battling with the elements. The wind is coming back too so it will HAVE to be done asap.....
    • CommentTimeFeb 28th, 2008 7:29pm (Feb 28th 2008)

We could market it; "ONE MAN'S EPIC BATTLE AGAINST THE PITILESS ELEMENTS and the vagaries of plastic sheeting..." In glorious technicolour, of course. And panavision. Can you make the popcorn, Ollie?
    • CommentTimeFeb 28th, 2008 7:36pm (Feb 28th 2008)

I'm heading out to the store in a little while, CC..I'll get the popcorn :bigsmile:
    • CommentAuthoroli in UK
    • CommentTimeFeb 28th, 2008 7:38pm (Feb 28th 2008)

Oh well, thats me redundant then...
    • CommentTimeFeb 28th, 2008 7:41pm (Feb 28th 2008)

You bring the beverages, Oli :bigsmile:
    • CommentAuthoroli in UK
    • CommentTimeFeb 28th, 2008 8:28pm (Feb 28th 2008)

Oh yeah, I had forgotten them.
    Now what's YOUR tipple????
    • CommentTimeFeb 28th, 2008 8:35pm (Feb 28th 2008)

AAARGH! It's Lent; can't Neil wait till Easter Day?? 6am...
    AAARGH!! No, I'm playing, can't play the organ ratted, can I? Make it 1pm Easter Day, Neil...
    • CommentAuthoroli in UK
    • CommentTimeFeb 28th, 2008 11:02pm (Feb 28th 2008)

So you want some wild weather booking for Easter Day?
    What a good Christian you are! Think of all the kiddywinks wanting to roll their Easter eggs down some grassy knoll, or whatever they do in your part of the world.

Shame on you.
    Why not give up something more sensible, like stop kicking the dog?
    • CommentTimeFeb 28th, 2008 11:15pm (Feb 28th 2008)

Can we have ice cream for the movie too?!
      CommentAuthorDianeonWhidbey
    • CommentTimeFeb 29th, 2008 6:12am (Feb 29th 2008)

Ollie - you are asking CC to consider sprog's? Good luck with that.

Oooo, chocolate chip mint Kate :P
    • CommentTimeFeb 29th, 2008 8:15am (Feb 29th 2008) edited

I daredn't try and fix it now with all you watching in case it's not up to everyone's exacting standards of plastic re-alignment and re-suspension!

Might have a go on Saturday morning when nobody's online!!

Not sure what the bell is...? Although occasionally there's the odd car alarm that goes off (what is the point of them?!), and somebody has a burglar alarm that sometimes goes off down the road in the morning - I'll have to set ours off one day to make sure you're all awake!! :D

Does anyone ever hear the trains? Although we're a couple of miles from the nearest station in Bingley, when it's quiet (usually on a weekend morning) we can hear the train horns which is quite a nice sound. I can't describe what it's like though!
    • CommentAuthoroli in UK
    • CommentTimeFeb 29th, 2008 9:00am (Feb 29th 2008)

The bell is a single 'dong' rather like has been suggested for between rounds. Maybe one of the chicks is pecking the mike, though nothing to be seen.

My house alarm went off at 5.0am Christmas morning !!! Spooky, as my CCTV camera didn't pick up anything. He must have flown over the roof and come in the back door.
    • CommentTimeFeb 29th, 2008 3:50pm (Feb 29th 2008)

There's a wind chime attached to the shed, could be that? It's all tangled together after the gale force winds so it doesn't make a very dingy dong anymore...hmm, that makes no sense :o
    • CommentTimeFeb 29th, 2008 6:14pm (Feb 29th 2008)

Don't be silly, Neil; he comes down the CHIMBLY!
    I shall do as Ollie suggests and celebrate Easter by rolling some children down a hill. Splendid idea. I've already given up smoking and extreme sports for new year, Ollie...so far so good...:crazy:
    • CommentTimeFeb 29th, 2008 8:19pm (Feb 29th 2008)

My favourite Diane! My son's ex-girlfriend used to park outside the house and everytime a car went past the alarm would go off. Drove me MAD!! She used to have to go out and turn it off so what was the point of it?
    • CommentTimeFeb 29th, 2008 8:34pm (Feb 29th 2008)

Is that why he chucked her?
    • CommentTimeFeb 29th, 2008 8:48pm (Feb 29th 2008)

No, think it was because SHE was annoying, and the inside of the car was pink!!!! (Also, while he was on hols with us for 6 days she found someone else!)
    • CommentTimeFeb 29th, 2008 8:54pm (Feb 29th 2008)

Six days?? He hardly joined the French Foreign Legion, did he? And I thought I had a short attention span...:\