• CommentTimeMay 18th, 2016 10:57am (May 18th 2016) edited

We de-stressed one evening with a gorgeous walk through Middleton (Bluebell) Woods in Ilkley...

The sun was low in the sky and shining through the trees, highlighting the bluebells carpeting the floor.

We watched the sunset, then made our way home, happy.
    • CommentTimeMay 18th, 2016 6:29pm (May 18th 2016)

Wow, Neil..What a beautiful place!! Lovely pictures!:face-smile:
    • CommentTimeMay 18th, 2016 7:28pm (May 18th 2016)

I can see where Red gets her talent! Fab pictures. I tried to get some of the bluebells in our woods at the weekend, but they just didn't look the same when I looked at them when I got home.
    • CommentTimeMay 18th, 2016 7:52pm (May 18th 2016)

Its a lovely year for the bluebells unfortunately they are stating to go over now. I got a bag of daffodils for a pound just after Christmas and just put then in some tubs as they weather was a bit inclement They are just starting to bloom now. I was so amazed as I had forgotten all about them.
    • CommentTimeMay 19th, 2016 8:08pm (May 19th 2016)

I got a load of bulbs a few years ago from someone on Freecycle.
    Surprise, as it was a person I knew well from my past.
    The, still foliage on plants bloomed the following year and they are almost all Whitebells with a tiny smattering of blue. They look so beautiful and different every year.
    • CommentTimeMay 22nd, 2016 9:50am (May 22nd 2016)

Mine are all white also Ollie. Yet one of my neighbours has white pink and blue all in one big clump. Looks amazing
    • CommentTimeMay 22nd, 2016 1:15pm (May 22nd 2016)

I thought white ones were snowdrops!! Shows what a great gardener I am (not!)
    • CommentTimeMay 24th, 2016 10:54pm (May 24th 2016)

Ha ha Thats so cool and you are comical Kate.