• CommentTimeNov 4th, 2017 4:01pm (Nov 4th 2017) edited

Yup, our girls started laying about 5 days ago, and so far we have 6 eggs - yesterday was the first day when both girls laid :bigsmile:

It's hard to post photos on hencam from my phone, and I really only use my phone these days, but as I'm on the computer here are some photos of my girls ^__^

They got a coop upgrade about a week ago, it's now 8x3ft, and yes they take themselves in to lay when they're out free ranging :bigsmile:

And I've trained Bea to come when called, which includes flying to me haha! Enjoy this slow motion video of her flying to my arm :heartsabove:

Also for other chicken owners, have you ever given your chucks tuna or mackerel?! Someone online recomended it as their chickens love it, and I've tried both and omb was the mackerel a hit!!! Bea (little black girl!) LOVED tuna too whereas Piper (voice like a foghorn, it's never going to break!!) wasn't as big a fan :D

They also get dog puzzle feeders every few days. Here they are with a Kong Quest (this was when I discovered they don't like mashed potato :rolling: - they're so weird with food, Bea doesn't even like grapes!!!) and you can hear Piper's foghorn voice too :rofl:

• CommentTimeNov 4th, 2017 8:13pm (Nov 4th 2017)

Loved the videos..your girls are so cute!:face-smile:
    • CommentTimeNov 5th, 2017 3:22pm (Nov 5th 2017)

Mine get the specks of leftover catfood every morning with some grapes. Sometimes it's a fishy one and they love it just as much! I love the obedient chicken! Any idea how to stop chickens rapping on the glass back door when I'm trying to play the piano/guitar? Can't decide whether they're greedy pigs or music critics.
    If you're a vegan, what do you do with the eggs, Red? Give them to neighbours?
    • CommentTimeNov 15th, 2017 11:11am (Nov 15th 2017) edited

Ours had their own scrambled eggs yesterday and Bea LOVED it...she's not as big a foodie so I get excited when she likes things :rolling: Today they had weetabix and mealworms, but Bea didn't like the weetabix because it was soggy *rolls eyes* I imagine they peck because they're greedy pigs hahaha...Piper's learnt that if she foghorns louder she gets her breakfast, it's the worst thing I've ever accidentally taught a pet :rolling:
    Also we've had 19 eggs so far!!!! :gasp:

I'm just veggie these days, which means lots of wonderful omlets :tooth: We have so many that the pups get raw egg once a week, Lyle uses a few extra for him, and there's STILL enough for the chucks to have scrambled egg!!
    • CommentTimeNov 15th, 2017 4:19pm (Nov 15th 2017)

You should start selling them, Red - get a cottage industry going! Or if your ma and pa are moving closer to you you could feed them too. What's foghorning? It sounds as though it's probably loud!:face-smile: Can you video it?
    • CommentTimeNov 17th, 2017 7:18pm (7 days ago)

19 is a pretty good number for 2 little hens, Red. I only have 2 little Silkies and one rooster left, both hens are old now and don't lay very often. Their eggs are so small they aren't worth even eating..I'm now buying eggs at the store.:face-sad: