Site Tag Cloud

• CommentTimeFeb 28th, 2008 7:25pm (Feb 28th 2008)

People have been wondering about the layout of the run, and although Luke is going to do a diagrammy thing (stop me if I'm getting too technical :\), I wondered about the possibility of Neil taking the Hencam for a little tour of the run and sleeping quarters, and that being a 'sticky' on the site for us to nose at. Slowly, though, or we'll feel sick!
    • CommentAuthoroli in UK
    • CommentTimeFeb 28th, 2008 7:32pm (Feb 28th 2008) edited

YES, YES, YES PLEASE.

Book me in. Sticky is a brill idea. Especially for 'guests' too.
    You would need to point their beaks.. err noses, towards it.
    • CommentTimeFeb 28th, 2008 11:22pm (Feb 28th 2008)

Brilliant idea! Have you been on the brain pills CC?! Though I must admit you usually do have some good 'uns!
    • CommentTimeFeb 29th, 2008 8:27am (Feb 29th 2008)

Good idea! I'll sort it out this weekend... I vote for Scarlet doing it as I'll sound stupid trying to explain everything :)
    • CommentTimeFeb 29th, 2008 5:52pm (Feb 29th 2008)

Headless gave me the idea; she showed me round the McMansion via webcam. Although I only wanted to see the piano...
      CommentAuthorDianeonWhidbey
    • CommentTimeFeb 29th, 2008 5:59pm (Feb 29th 2008)

Excellent idea to bring in CC! Thanks Chief!

So - did you see the piano?
      CommentAuthorDianeonWhidbey
    • CommentTimeFeb 29th, 2008 6:00pm (Feb 29th 2008)

Excellent idea to bring in CC! Thanks Chief!

So - did you see the piano?
    • CommentTimeFeb 29th, 2008 6:06pm (Feb 29th 2008)

Yes. Yes. Is it me, or is there an echo in here...?
      CommentAuthorDianeonWhidbey
    • CommentTimeMar 1st, 2008 3:01am (Mar 1st 2008)

No. No. There's an echo.
    • CommentTimeMar 1st, 2008 4:45pm (Mar 1st 2008)

Thought thought so so... ...
    • CommentTimeMar 1st, 2008 5:49pm (Mar 1st 2008)

Hello....Helloooooooooo...yes, there is a definite echo in here.
    • CommentTimeMar 1st, 2008 9:30pm (Mar 1st 2008)

...here...here...here...here...
      CommentAuthorwazza
    • CommentTimeMar 2nd, 2008 8:08am (Mar 2nd 2008)

no longer a member

so when will this guided tour actually happen.. we need a date and time so we can all watch
      CommentAuthorDianeonWhidbey
    • CommentTimeMar 2nd, 2008 8:18am (Mar 2nd 2008)

Neil - is there any way to put the guided tour in the left hand space, next to the Hen Cam Map?
    • CommentTimeMar 2nd, 2008 12:29pm (Mar 2nd 2008)

What hen cam map?! I assume when the tour happens it'll be recorded and posted for anyone who joins later. Can we have the full approach to the coop, in, around, up to bed, around, and the view out. I often wonder what the hens look at all day!
    • CommentAuthoroli in UK
    • CommentTimeMar 2nd, 2008 3:12pm (Mar 2nd 2008)

You don't see much through bubble polythene. I line my conservatory with it in the winter and have just put some on my glass north facing, front door.
    Otherwise I fully agree with the Producer (Kate) re scenario.
    • CommentTimeMar 2nd, 2008 5:24pm (Mar 2nd 2008)

Neil's very quiet...do you think we've frit him?
    • CommentAuthoroli in UK
    • CommentTimeMar 2nd, 2008 6:52pm (Mar 2nd 2008)

My guess he's b........d off for the day. Fed up with us all getting at him.
    • CommentTimeMar 2nd, 2008 7:07pm (Mar 2nd 2008)

Must be like having a nagging harem...but at least we have Wazza, Luke and now Fred and Chris to bolster him up. No match for Red, though... :)
      CommentAuthorDianeonWhidbey
    • CommentTimeMar 2nd, 2008 7:32pm (Mar 2nd 2008)

I mean embedded in the left hand space next to the Google map of where we all live. We tend to subsume things in the forum...
    • CommentTimeMar 2nd, 2008 11:27pm (Mar 2nd 2008)

Mine's on a tab at the top of the page - have I got a different view for some reason? No matter, as long as we can find it once its done and point newbies in its direction!!
      CommentAuthorDianeonWhidbey
    • CommentTimeMar 3rd, 2008 12:53am (Mar 3rd 2008) edited

Oh - I mean when you open the tab, it could be in the space to the left. Just like the space we have here in the chat room. (Where Neil has the Hen Cam stats, etc...) One thing I'm thinking is that everyone wants to see the layout of the coop and a feature like that in the "GoogleMapDirectory" might draw new people there. Whereupon they might also mark their locations sooner. :D
    • CommentTimeMar 3rd, 2008 9:23am (Mar 3rd 2008)

Erm... It was too windy this weekend (what a cop out sorry!) but I figured if we can pick a nice day we could get Scarlet's camcorder and make a little movie not just of the coop but give you a bit of layout of where it is in relation to the house etc... It won't be very interesting but it will give you an idea of the squalor we live in :)

I'll try and sort it over the next few days...
      CommentAuthorwazza
    • CommentTimeMar 3rd, 2008 1:46pm (Mar 3rd 2008)

no longer a member

That would be so cool
    • CommentTimeMar 3rd, 2008 8:53pm (Mar 3rd 2008)

You'd have to find my camcorder charger for that, and i have no idea where the stupid thing has got to... :angry: Still i'm sure my dad can sort something out, although i bet we won't have any nice weather for yonks anyway.
    • CommentTimeMar 3rd, 2008 9:12pm (Mar 3rd 2008)

I'm sure Wazza has spoken for us all - its something we're all looking forward to now!
      CommentAuthorDianeonWhidbey
    • CommentTimeMar 4th, 2008 6:38am (Mar 4th 2008)

I think you all just make up words. Yonks? :D
    • CommentTimeMar 4th, 2008 2:35pm (Mar 4th 2008)

Yonks = ages, long time
    She's not making it up, but it's a bit PG Wodehousey! :) Must've come back in fashion, as does everything after a while...
    • CommentTimeMar 4th, 2008 3:33pm (Mar 4th 2008) edited

It's a bit what, CC?! :o

That'd be quite a good game though, Diane, make up words and see if you can guess which ones aren't actually real :D
    • CommentTimeMar 4th, 2008 3:53pm (Mar 4th 2008)

:shocked: PG Wodehouse. Twenties/Thirties upper class twit humour?Jeeves & wooster? Don't tell me you've never heard of HIM???? Dear O lor...
    • CommentTimeMar 4th, 2008 7:10pm (Mar 4th 2008)

Nope, never heard of him sorry :shamed:
    • CommentAuthoroli in UK
    • CommentTimeMar 4th, 2008 10:16pm (Mar 4th 2008)

Jeeves & Wooster, Oh I do love the tv series, it's being replayed on tv. I can relate to that period, though it was just before my time. More my parents, they were very like that when I was a child. Do other folks want to regress like that?
    My Mum was fascinated by the Tudors. She would spend days and days at The Tower of London. Dad even once got to see the ceremony of 'The Keys' there.
    • CommentTimeMar 4th, 2008 10:58pm (Mar 4th 2008)

The problem is we romanticise earlier times. Medieval life always appealed to me, but in reality it was probably pretty grim in comparison to today's luxurious lifestyles, though the simplicity of it would be great.
      CommentAuthorDianeonWhidbey
    • CommentTimeMar 5th, 2008 4:36am (Mar 5th 2008)

I think all of us who are female should thank the stars on a daily basis that we weren't born 100 or more years ago...

I know Jeeves & Wooster! :D

RED! Thats a funny thought - although I don't think is should be a one way street :D (And we'd have a leg up on this continent, because (shhhh) CC always adds *stein* to the end of her made up words. LOL)
    • CommentTimeMar 5th, 2008 4:46pm (Mar 5th 2008)

Anyone who wants to read Victorian London life warts and all should read The Crimson and the White by a chap called Faber. So detailed...brilliant.
      CommentAuthorDianeonWhidbey
    • CommentTimeMar 5th, 2008 6:41pm (Mar 5th 2008)

Thanks for tip.
    • CommentTimeMar 5th, 2008 7:01pm (Mar 5th 2008)

I'm reading Cadfael as recommended!! It was a bit hard to get into but I am quite enjoying it now - wish I could find more time to read.
    • CommentTimeMar 5th, 2008 7:36pm (Mar 5th 2008)

I can't believe that Red never heard of PG Wodehouse...I thought everyone had. I loved Jeeves & Wooster.
    • CommentTimeMar 5th, 2008 7:47pm (Mar 5th 2008)

I know...what DO they teach 'em these days? Now when I was a gel... :)
      CommentAuthorDianeonWhidbey
    • CommentTimeMar 6th, 2008 3:07am (Mar 6th 2008)

Oh good, Kate. I was disappointed when you tackled it before and didn't seem to like it. I LOVE Cadfael! LOL (No, that doesn't mean anyone else has to. But its fun when they do.)
    • CommentAuthorPeter16
    • CommentTimeMar 10th, 2008 7:21am (Mar 10th 2008)

are you still planning on doing it?
    As i would love to see what it all looks like:bigsmile:

Peter
    • CommentTimeMar 10th, 2008 7:54pm (Mar 10th 2008)

I hope they do...I made a suggestion which I had NO IDEA was practical or not, as I hate computers and they hate me. Looks as though it might work, though.
    • CommentTimeMar 12th, 2008 4:24pm (Mar 12th 2008)

This weekend... promise....!
      CommentAuthorwazza
    • CommentTimeMar 12th, 2008 5:22pm (Mar 12th 2008)

no longer a member

we wait with BATED BREATH
    • CommentTimeMar 12th, 2008 7:06pm (Mar 12th 2008)

Woo hoo!! :cheer: :clap:
    • CommentTimeMar 12th, 2008 9:38pm (Mar 12th 2008)

Whooo Hooo!! :clap:
    • CommentTimeMar 12th, 2008 10:33pm (Mar 12th 2008)

:shocked: Blimey; you mean I made a technological suggestion that
    a) was practicable
    b) wasn't total cobblers?
    ALERT THE PRESS!
    • CommentAuthorPeter16
    • CommentTimeMar 13th, 2008 7:41am (Mar 13th 2008)

What time? :bigsmile:
      CommentAuthorwazza
    • CommentTimeMar 13th, 2008 8:09am (Mar 13th 2008)

no longer a member

We are guessing it will be taped, saved and placed onto a link so we can all watch it at our leasure
    • CommentTimeMar 13th, 2008 8:11am (Mar 13th 2008)

Yeah, we'll record it so people in different time zones don't have to worry about not seeing it :wink:

Not that it's gonna be anything exciting :surprised:
      CommentAuthorwazza
    • CommentTimeMar 13th, 2008 8:15am (Mar 13th 2008)

no longer a member

make sure you wear something nice Red
    • CommentAuthorPeter16
    • CommentTimeMar 13th, 2008 8:18am (Mar 13th 2008)

not exciting for you, but exciting for those of us who have never seen a United Kingdom coop before, :tooth:
      CommentAuthorwazza
    • CommentTimeMar 13th, 2008 12:51pm (Mar 13th 2008)

no longer a member

whats the difference? they all contain Chucks
    • CommentTimeMar 13th, 2008 2:25pm (Mar 13th 2008)

If you had hens you'd understand! It's a bit like the first time you have a nosy at your neighbours house - it's superficially the same but exciting seeing all the little differences and what they've done to it....!
    • CommentAuthorPeter16
    • CommentTimeMar 14th, 2008 8:06am (Mar 14th 2008)

Exactly what Neil said