Site Tag Cloud

21st advice ailments amazing angle animal animals babies baby backtail bad bald bam battery beautiful belated ben big bill bird birthday black boggley bonfire bound box breast british broken broody bull bunty buy buying cage caged cam camera captions car care carnforth cat cc check chemicals chesterfield chicken chickens chickschickens chooks christmas chucks colour common competition competiton contact coop cooprun coops cornsnake council cruelty cutting day dead death derby diagnose diane diet dog dogs dogsblog donna dora dresses drinking drunken easter eat eating egg eggbound eggs elvis emergency falcon farm feather feathers feed feeding find fireworks first flug flugtag foggy for forum foundation free frogs funny future garden gardening geraldine girl girls goldie good goodness great growing hagley hall hands happy heavy helen helpchicken hen hencam hens holiday home homes horse house housing imagine incubating info inscription introduce introducing introduction james julie kate lancashire lancaster late latest lathargic laying lee leeds life london long lost lots love lovely lyle lynn machine magnificent mareks members men merry message milly missing mite moody morecambe moult move moving mums nails naked nanny nay needed needing new newbies news nice night nn noisy nook norths ollie online order ouch page pancake parrot party pecking peregrine personal pet photos pic pics pictures plants plucked plus poland poorly post production prom pumpkin questions rain rat rebull red reds remember respect rip rolled ronston roof roundhay sad sale shelled shirley shobhna show sids slow snake sneezing snow soft solutions spammers spoil start symptoms tag thomas ticket tilly time today tom topic travis tree trev trevs uk update urgent valentines vegan vet visitors visits volka walk walker wanted warning webcam weekend weeks welfare where white wild wilsden winnie winter women work worming wrong yay year yearly yorkshire zoey 1 2 4 6 16 2010 2011 2012 2013 2014

• CommentAuthormustangsally
    • CommentTimeSep 1st, 2008 9:57am (Sep 1st 2008)

Hi I'm Sally, general dogsbody to Col (40) and Jake and Tash (3 in October)! Our friends have started humming the theme tune to The Good Life whenever they see us cause this year I started growing my own veg and now the chickens are coming! They never seem to complain when there's free veg going though!
    Looking forward to having lots of brains to pick (or peck) on here as I venture into the world of keeping chickens!
    xx
      CommentAuthorwazza
    • CommentTimeSep 1st, 2008 9:59am (Sep 1st 2008)

no longer a member

Hi sally welcome to the mad world of hencam.... where are you from ?
    • CommentAuthormustangsally
    • CommentTimeSep 1st, 2008 10:19am (Sep 1st 2008)

Stourbridge in the West Mids!
      CommentAuthorJonny
    • CommentTimeSep 1st, 2008 10:40am (Sep 1st 2008)

Welcome Sally!
      CommentAuthorAce
    • CommentTimeSep 1st, 2008 11:34am (Sep 1st 2008)

:welcome: to Hencam, Sally!
      CommentAuthorwazza
    • CommentTimeSep 1st, 2008 6:11pm (Sep 1st 2008)

no longer a member

<blockquote><cite>Posted By: mustangsally</cite><div class="Bubble" noWrap="false"><div noWrap="false"><div noWrap="false"><div noWrap="false"><div noWrap="false"><div noWrap="false">Stourbridge in the West Mids!</div></div></div></div></div></div></blockquote>

not far from me then in Bucks
      CommentAuthorDianeonWhidbey
    • CommentTimeSep 1st, 2008 7:17pm (Sep 1st 2008)

Kinda far from me...
    • CommentTimeSep 1st, 2008 7:40pm (Sep 1st 2008)

...and really close to Kate!
    • CommentTimeSep 1st, 2008 8:43pm (Sep 1st 2008)

I lived in Stourbridge when I were a lass!!!! From 5 years of age to 15. I'm in Solihull now - well, Chelmsley Wood but we won't split hairs!

Where'd you go to school? I went to Longlands - ah, fond memories of feuding with High Park!!

Welcome by the way. I assume Jake and Tash are sons?
    • CommentAuthormustangsally
    • CommentTimeSep 2nd, 2008 10:27am (Sep 2nd 2008)

I went to Ham Dingle, i think Longlands and High Park merged a while back!

Jake is my little boy and Tash is short for Natasha so she's my little girl!
    • CommentAuthorCake
    • CommentTimeSep 2nd, 2008 12:36pm (Sep 2nd 2008)

Hello Sally. I will remember your name easily cos my 8 yr old is a Sally too. How exciting is it to be getting the hens AND growing your own veg!! I have a naighbour who grows the veg for me. I could kill a mould! I keep here in eggs tho so its a good swap!
    • CommentAuthormustangsally
    • CommentTimeSep 2nd, 2008 1:22pm (Sep 2nd 2008)

Cake, you made a great choice with your daughter's name then! Apparantely it means princess so I hope you treat her like one! Don't you think your neighbours veg tastes so much nicer than shop bought! My daughter can tell the difference and will only eat my carrots! Sounds like a good swap, everyone keeps on at me - oooh we'll have free eggs, I keep having to tell them I'm only having 3 chickens not 33! x
      CommentAuthorLynnW
    • CommentTimeSep 2nd, 2008 5:32pm (Sep 2nd 2008)

Welcome to the hancam Sally!:welcome:
      CommentAuthorDianeonWhidbey
    • CommentTimeSep 2nd, 2008 5:49pm (Sep 2nd 2008)

Ham Dingle? Whatever that is - its a GREAT name! :_piggy:
    • CommentTimeSep 2nd, 2008 9:55pm (Sep 2nd 2008)

Ooo, haven't heard of that one. What do you mean MERGED!!! LOL! I came back for a visit quite a few years ago with my son, and Longlands is now a college campus so was 'open' and I wandered through the old playground to reminisce (sp).

I used to live on The Broadway (honest you lot!) and went to Gig Mill infants and juniors. I hope that's still there but i did hear the school field was now a mass of houses.

You really are the Good Life if the kids can tell home grown veggies!
      CommentAuthorplipplop
    • CommentTimeSep 3rd, 2008 12:55am (Sep 3rd 2008)

Hi and a great THANK YOU for letting me join your forum.
    My name is Billy alias Plipplop,(please don't ask me where the alias came from I started using it that long ago I've forgotten.I live in Doncaster which is about 360 mile north of Paris and about 25 mile south east of Leeds in a place called Yorkshire. (I'll put a my mark on the googlemapdirectory when I get a minute)
    I'm very new to this 'farming' thing but learning very fast, we (G/F and her dad)have so far:
    4 allotments (all joined as one)I'll try to measure the land one day !
    50 Hens,(sorry, 49, explained elsewhere)
    1 cock (Don't know how long he'll last, with all them lady's about!!!!)
    4 geese (2 of each)
    and 1 pet rabbit.
    We grow a wide range of veg, too much to list, (too much to remember as well)

Don't know what else to say but feel free to ask.

Thanks again

:thanks:

be happy
    Billy
    • CommentTimeSep 3rd, 2008 4:27am (Sep 3rd 2008) edited

:welcome:WELCOME BILLY:welcome:

What a great introduction. And, the mileage north of Paris? That's excellent. Is your icon two little chimps? Can't quite tell.

• CommentTimeSep 3rd, 2008 8:34am (Sep 3rd 2008) edited

Lovely pair Billy.
    • CommentTimeSep 3rd, 2008 4:01pm (Sep 3rd 2008)

It's a Cecil Aldin picture, isn't it? I used to LOVE his picture books when I was a kid; you didn't need to read the stories as the pictures cold make you laugh on their own!
    • CommentTimeSep 3rd, 2008 4:47pm (Sep 3rd 2008)

:welcome:
      CommentAuthorDianeonWhidbey
    • CommentTimeSep 9th, 2008 5:58pm (Sep 9th 2008)

WELCOME FEATHERMAN

Hope you enjoy the Hen Forum!

CommentAuthorVicki
    • CommentTimeSep 14th, 2008 1:10pm (Sep 14th 2008)

hehe look at all the people listed on the left who weve never seen agan !!!!
      CommentAuthorAce
    • CommentTimeSep 14th, 2008 1:13pm (Sep 14th 2008)

I'm at the top of the list!
      CommentAuthorVicki
    • CommentTimeSep 14th, 2008 1:15pm (Sep 14th 2008)

howd ya post so many comments on everything ace ????
      CommentAuthorAce
    • CommentTimeSep 14th, 2008 1:16pm (Sep 14th 2008)

I have no idea. Just timing i suppose. ;)
      CommentAuthorVicki
    • CommentTimeSep 14th, 2008 1:27pm (Sep 14th 2008)

brb im asking my mum if i can go in the attic coz ive never actually been in there walking about and stuff aanndddd my mums got a carboot soon and i need to get rid of some stuff !!!!
      CommentAuthorAce
    • CommentTimeSep 14th, 2008 1:28pm (Sep 14th 2008)

Okie dokie. ;)
      CommentAuthorVicki
    • CommentTimeSep 14th, 2008 1:48pm (Sep 14th 2008)

hehe i is back and im going in teh attic after yaaay anddd i remember when we moved house in 2005 and i peeked in the attic from a ladder and all that was in there was a little weird white fluffball that said haggis on it .....
      CommentAuthorChicken Wing
    • CommentTimeSep 18th, 2008 12:27pm (Sep 18th 2008)

Hi there. I would just like to introduce myself via a photo and as you will see I too love chickens. The picture shows myself and my dear friend Holly chicken whom sadly now has flown off to the hen house in the sky. Looking forward to chatting with you guys now and again.

Have a great day x Sue

Holly Hug
    • CommentTimeSep 18th, 2008 12:31pm (Sep 18th 2008)

That's a really cute photo Sue, and Holly looks adorable... Like you are cuddling a warm feathery cushion! She may be gone, but not forgotten.

Welcome to the forum!
      CommentAuthorChicken Wing
    • CommentTimeSep 18th, 2008 1:15pm (Sep 18th 2008)

Thanks Neil
    Yes Holly was just like a big feathery cushion but perhaps more like a feathery hotwater bottle, she was so warm.
    • CommentTimeSep 18th, 2008 2:11pm (Sep 18th 2008) edited

Hi Chicken Wing, :welcome: to the forum

That is a great photo, Holly looks absolutely beautiful. I hug Milly in that exact same way :)

I'm sorry Holly's gone, but she was obviously well loved and cared for :heart:
      CommentAuthorwazza
    • CommentTimeSep 18th, 2008 3:00pm (Sep 18th 2008)

no longer a member

and its a Huge hello and welcome from wazzakins too... where are you from ?
      CommentAuthorChicken Wing
    • CommentTimeSep 18th, 2008 3:05pm (Sep 18th 2008)

Hi Wazza
    I'm actually from a small village on the Bedfordshire/Buckinghamshire border
    • CommentTimeSep 18th, 2008 5:24pm (Sep 18th 2008)

OO! Right near Wazza! And not far from me...
    Welcome Chicken Wing...lovely picture!
      CommentAuthorDianeonWhidbey
    • CommentTimeSep 18th, 2008 5:55pm (Sep 18th 2008)

Sue what an excellent introduction! Welcome the the Hen Cam Clan. :D Holly looks so dear. (Nice name too.) ;)
      CommentAuthorChicken Wing
    • CommentTimeSep 18th, 2008 7:05pm (Sep 18th 2008)

Glad you liked Holly's name she received it as we got her just before Christmas and it seemed better than naming her Turkey!
    • CommentAuthormustangsally
    • CommentTimeSep 18th, 2008 9:11pm (Sep 18th 2008)

Hi Sue, I hope my girls are as cuddly when they finally arrive on the 27th! x
    • CommentTimeSep 18th, 2008 11:00pm (Sep 18th 2008)

Welcome Sue! Diane likes your chicken's name because its the same as her dog!!!

It looks like she was an adorable hen. Do you have any more?
      CommentAuthorChicken Wing
    • CommentTimeSep 19th, 2008 12:11am (Sep 19th 2008)

Hi sorry to say Holly was my last hen and I've been looking after her and others for around 5 years now, or maybe they've been looking after me, not quite sure. But not to worry though because we're in the process of building a new chicken run so that we can get another three hens, and they will have a nice new eglu to sleep in, odd name for a chicken house, sounds like it might be a bit cold. Anyway they will be nice and snug I think in it I hope. So when the new hens come to live with us I will post pics of them for you to see. Hope to get a Goldline, Bluebell and White Leghorn. All seem to lay different coloured eggs, or at least I hope they will!
      CommentAuthorDianeonWhidbey
    • CommentTimeSep 19th, 2008 7:43am (Sep 19th 2008)

Have you seen Lynn's Silkies thread (with photos?) I don't have chickens but these are making me re-think that situation.
      CommentAuthorChicken Wing
    • CommentTimeSep 19th, 2008 8:06am (Sep 19th 2008)

Yes beautiful birds the Silkies but not so sure about the fluffy shoes though, could be a little difficult for digging in.
    • CommentTimeSep 19th, 2008 10:51am (Sep 19th 2008) edited

Oooh i think white leghorns are so pretty! They are really stunning chickens. That's cool you are getting new chucks - keep us in informed and pleeeease post photos of your new girls when you get them? *does puppy dog eyes* :P

Chickens with feathered feet aren't supposed to detroy gardens as much as chickens without feathered feet as they don't scrat up the grass as much...wish we'd known that when we were getting out lot :-\ :D
      CommentAuthorLynnW
    • CommentTimeSep 19th, 2008 6:24pm (Sep 19th 2008)

Welcome to the group, Sue..AKA Chicken Wing.
    LW_Welcome-ChickenWing.jpg
      CommentAuthorLynnW
    • CommentTimeSep 19th, 2008 6:35pm (Sep 19th 2008)

My little Silkies haven't torn up anything in their pen, or outside of it. That's why I put them in the backyard, instead of out in the field with the big chickens. They seem to be very concerned about their little feathered feet and don't dig up anything. They aren't much for egg production, as they only lay about 30 to 100 tiny eggs a year. They are great mothers however and the little roosters crow so softly it's hard to hear them compared to my other roosters.
      CommentAuthorwazza
    • CommentTimeSep 19th, 2008 10:12pm (Sep 19th 2008) edited

no longer a member

<blockquote><cite>Posted By: Chicken Wing</cite><div class="Bubble" noWrap="false"><div noWrap="false"><div noWrap="false"><div noWrap="false"><div noWrap="false"><div noWrap="false">Hi Wazza
    I'm actually from a small village on the Bedfordshire/Buckinghamshire border</div></div></div></div></div></div></blockquote>

oooooh so am I, but my village is a BIG one.. on the Bucks beds border..... mine is milton Keynes yours ?????

I have looked on google map and cant quite think which village that might be... I probably drive past your place weekly
      CommentAuthorwazza
    • CommentTimeSep 19th, 2008 10:16pm (Sep 19th 2008)

no longer a member

Coooooeeeee Ms Chickenwings are you enjoying the forum ?
      CommentAuthorDianeonWhidbey
    • CommentTimeSep 20th, 2008 6:40am (Sep 20th 2008)

LOL The more I hear about them, the more I love Silkies. :D
      CommentAuthorwazza
    • CommentTimeSep 20th, 2008 5:10pm (Sep 20th 2008)

no longer a member

They are cute Diane they sure are
      CommentAuthorJonny
    • CommentTimeSep 21st, 2008 5:13pm (Sep 21st 2008) edited

Welcome uksweetheart!
      CommentAuthorDianeonWhidbey
    • CommentTimeSep 21st, 2008 7:31pm (Sep 21st 2008)

Welcome - hope you return when HQ has approved you. ;)
      CommentAuthorhello people=p
    • CommentTimeSep 22nd, 2008 7:52pm (Sep 22nd 2008)

helllllooo people apparentley i have a con fusing name lol thats right i forgot it so im sorta new all over agen!!!!!! i got my name though so im happy nowwwwwww cos hen cam ruleess and its sooooooooooooooooooooX1 million (hits!) cuteeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!
    • CommentTimeSep 22nd, 2008 9:09pm (Sep 22nd 2008)

Well, that confused me!!! You registered before and forgot your name? Is that right? Are you Vicki's friend - you write jussstttt like her!!!
      CommentAuthorwazza
    • CommentTimeSep 23rd, 2008 9:04am (Sep 23rd 2008)

no longer a member

or a miss spammer who cant spell

Think she, he, it,:001_cool: needs to remind us who she really is !:thumbup1:
      CommentAuthorhello people=p
    • CommentTimeSep 23rd, 2008 8:01pm (Sep 23rd 2008)

lol oy wazza! yh kateb i am vikis friend we go same school.
      CommentAuthorChicken Drumstick
    • CommentTimeSep 23rd, 2008 10:06pm (Sep 23rd 2008) edited

Just thought I'd say hi, as I'm another newb :)
    • CommentTimeSep 23rd, 2008 10:51pm (Sep 23rd 2008) edited

Posted By: Chicken DrumstickJust thought I'd say hi, as I'm another newb :)

Hello and welcome Drumstick! :p
    • CommentTimeSep 24th, 2008 2:36am (Sep 24th 2008)

Hello, Drumstick! I like your avatar! :D
    • CommentTimeSep 24th, 2008 3:59am (Sep 24th 2008) edited

WELCOME DRUMSTICK!

I agree - about the Avatar! :hyper_chick:
      CommentAuthorAce
    • CommentTimeSep 24th, 2008 8:03am (Sep 24th 2008)

:welcome: Drumstick!
    • CommentTimeSep 24th, 2008 9:14am (Sep 24th 2008)

Hiya Drumstick, welcome to the forum :001_smile:
      CommentAuthorChicken Drumstick
    • CommentTimeSep 24th, 2008 11:45am (Sep 24th 2008)

Posted By: chief chickenHello, Drumstick! I like your avatar!:D

Why, thank you :D
    • CommentTimeSep 24th, 2008 11:49am (Sep 24th 2008) edited

It's usual to be asked about your location so I'll be the first - should you want to, you can add a 'pin' to the forum map by clicking on the 'googlemapdirectory' link on the top of the page (then Add A Location on the left menu, then fill in your details under the map) - you can be as detailed or vague as you like :)

Bear in mind that if you give it your full address we can see if you've mown the lawn (just kidding, but you can see the side of our house on ours!)

[edit] Lol! Just watched your avatar!

[edit again] I added a google map pin for Scarlet's Uni! (well I was going through the actions to write down how to do it) - if you click on Scarlet's Keele University Location then zoom in and turn Satellite on, you get a good idea of the Uni grounds!
    • CommentTimeSep 24th, 2008 4:34pm (Sep 24th 2008)

What's she going to be reading at Uni, Neil? Apart from pub pricelists...:)
      CommentAuthorAce
    • CommentTimeSep 24th, 2008 4:39pm (Sep 24th 2008)

:rolling: haha!
    • CommentTimeSep 24th, 2008 4:48pm (Sep 24th 2008)

Hello, Joe! Where you been??
    • CommentAuthorJoe
    • CommentTimeSep 24th, 2008 4:51pm (Sep 24th 2008)

School has started again :(
    • CommentTimeSep 24th, 2008 5:30pm (Sep 24th 2008)

Ooo, poor boy. :D
      CommentAuthorDianeonWhidbey
    • CommentTimeSep 24th, 2008 7:03pm (Sep 24th 2008)

Posted By: neilIt's usual to be asked about your location so I'll be the first -
    Last time I did that, CC accused me of being the resident something or other. :P

Hey, I just discovered that if you highlight the part of the text you want to quote, before hitting "quote" that its an easy way to leave out that mucky code for the vanillacons that shows up in the blockquote otherwise.
    • CommentTimeSep 24th, 2008 7:07pm (Sep 24th 2008)

The resident what?
      CommentAuthorDianeonWhidbey
    • CommentTimeSep 24th, 2008 7:11pm (Sep 24th 2008)

Can't remember. Some Brit thing. *Perfect* comes to mind. ;)
    • CommentTimeSep 24th, 2008 7:13pm (Sep 24th 2008)

:rolling: As the merkins would say, you crack me up...
    • CommentTimeSep 24th, 2008 7:26pm (Sep 24th 2008)

Wasn't it the resident stalker?!
    ok, added myself to the map :weather_rain:
    • CommentTimeSep 24th, 2008 11:32pm (Sep 24th 2008)

As Vicki would say, I iz confuzzled. Are chicken wing and chicken drumstick at the same address?!
    • CommentTimeSep 24th, 2008 11:42pm (Sep 24th 2008) edited

Posted By: Chicken Drumstickok, added myself to the map

Just to let you all know that this drummer guy is my other half, he loves chickens also and is in the process of helping me finish my chicken mansion in the garden for the new hens when we get them mid October.(We promise to post pictures when finished and hens settled in.)

P.S. We are getting married next year August 8th 09 CW
    • CommentTimeSep 24th, 2008 11:44pm (Sep 24th 2008)

Ah, see, the map gave you away!!! Welcome both anyway. (Does this mean you can't moan about your 'beloved' when he does things wrong? Shame, I'm glad my hubby isn't interested in Hencam! We'll have to have a 'one half only' thread just for you!!! LOL!!!)
    • CommentTimeSep 24th, 2008 11:50pm (Sep 24th 2008) edited

No hiding now, but couldn't have anyway as we use the same computer, well at least most of the time, when we can get on it due to other household members using it (my 3 sons). We have to fight over it sometimes!!:angry:
    • CommentTimeSep 24th, 2008 11:52pm (Sep 24th 2008)

I know what you mean! This is the first time I've got on ours tonight - hubby has been hogging it since we got back from his mom's - and now I'm totally tired but can't go to bed til I've read all the messages otherwise I can't keep up!
      CommentAuthorChicken Wing
    • CommentTimeSep 24th, 2008 11:59pm (Sep 24th 2008)

Thank goodness it's not just me.
      CommentAuthorDianeonWhidbey
    • CommentTimeSep 25th, 2008 3:47am (Sep 25th 2008)

Chicken Wing (& Drummie) I think you have lots of company on here.
    • CommentAuthorhqtrev
    • CommentTimeSep 25th, 2008 10:21am (Sep 25th 2008)

Yes, beware the icecream van, it has hidden cameras !!
    • CommentTimeSep 25th, 2008 2:11pm (Sep 25th 2008)

Posted By: DianeonWhidbeyNo, the stalker was Trev or somebody. CC called me something to do with 'top girl' in class. LOL Can't remember, except that it seems to be sort of a nerdy type who reminds everyone of the rules. I only do that to people under 15 tho. FOFL

Chicken Wing (& Drummie) I think you have lots of company on here.

Prefect?
      CommentAuthorDianeonWhidbey
    • CommentTimeSep 25th, 2008 8:55pm (Sep 25th 2008)

Hehe. Thats it!

Oooo. Trev - you just added a whole new dimension to the ice cream truck bell when it comes on cam! :icon_ninja:
      CommentAuthorwazza
    • CommentTimeSep 26th, 2008 2:34pm (Sep 26th 2008)

no longer a member

hey Chicken wings many many congratulations on your forthcoming wedding.... Nice one (I hope he will Not be HEN Pecked) LOL
    • CommentTimeSep 26th, 2008 3:01pm (Sep 26th 2008) edited

No wouldn't dream of it Wazza, I forgot to mention before that I have a small motorbike. Only a Yamaha SR125 but she's a little poorly as she has been off the road for about 3 yrs due to lack of funds to get her up and running.. I will get her started soon but need to organise the chicken run first. (Most important thing). Then of course the wedding.
      CommentAuthorDianeonWhidbey
    • CommentTimeSep 28th, 2008 7:08pm (Sep 28th 2008)

I used to have a little Honda about that size. Its max speed was 60 mph - which made highway riding very exciting. The biggest bike I ever had was a Yamaha 360 (or there about - its been decades) I remember for sure that it was red. Felt like a monster compared to the little Honda. LOL
      CommentAuthorwazza
    • CommentTimeOct 1st, 2008 9:37pm (Oct 1st 2008)

no longer a member

Brilliant CW you not only keep chickens but a biker babe as well
    • CommentAuthormustangsally
    • CommentTimeOct 3rd, 2008 12:15pm (Oct 3rd 2008)

Col bought us a CBR600 the week before we found out we were having twins! It's nearly 4 years old now and still only done about 600 miles! I got too big to go on back and then when kids arrived we were screwed! maybe the chickens can use it to roost on
      CommentAuthorChicken Wing
    • CommentTimeOct 3rd, 2008 12:57pm (Oct 3rd 2008)

Nice idea, I had to sell my 1st bike a Suzuki A100 back at the beginning of the 80's due to finding out I was pregnant, I used the money to buy a microwave. Not the same though I just couldn't get used to sitting on it, couldn't find the throttle!
    Boys are now grown up and oldest is now 26 so hence why I have another bike now and of course I still have a microwave.
    • CommentAuthormustangsally
    • CommentTimeOct 3rd, 2008 3:36pm (Oct 3rd 2008)

i have this really funny picture in my head now of a pregnant woman climbing on to the work top and sitting on top of the microwave! I actually have tears coming down my face! Thank you for making my day at work so much better!
    • CommentTimeOct 3rd, 2008 5:18pm (Oct 3rd 2008) edited

Glad to make you smile, but it was blooming painfull sitting on top of the microwave they don't have a proper seat or anything! I think it may have damaged my son for life as he won't even go near the microwave now. Perhaps that's why I have to do all the cooking.
    Don't forget I still had my helmet to wear for safety..
    • CommentTimeOct 3rd, 2008 6:28pm (Oct 3rd 2008)

Sally, you should've got a trailer. Or a cage (which you have now) to keep the sprogs in while you were out on the bike. Dish of water, dish of seed, they'd be fine...
    CW, what's the acceleration on a microwave? You can race Wazza...
      CommentAuthorwazza
    • CommentTimeOct 6th, 2008 4:47pm (Oct 6th 2008)

no longer a member

Microwaves at dawn... lol
      CommentAuthorDianeonWhidbey
    • CommentTimeOct 8th, 2008 11:23pm (Oct 8th 2008)

WELCOME to our newest member (if he signs in after his account clears, that is)

george.richard.green :bear:
      CommentAuthorChicken Wing
    • CommentTimeOct 16th, 2008 8:37am (Oct 16th 2008)

A BIG WELCOME to Tania our newest member hope we see you around soon.
    :welcome::cheer::woohoo:
    • CommentAuthornzbantams
    • CommentTimeOct 23rd, 2008 6:50am (Oct 23rd 2008)

Hey there (Morning!) Wendy/NZ Bantams here. I haven't logged in since I joined - oh dear! Thanks heaps for all the lovely welcomes - nope, haven't met my neighbours trev and judy yet (hi!) but you never know, in this wee place : ) Well we have a gorgeous 1 month old Araucana chick now, hatched by our beautiful motherly Malc and named Zelda the Wonderchicken. So cute. If I can work out how I will post some pics of our 5. Our bantams are a bit of a mix, but apparently the green/blue eggs do mean araucana genes somewhere in there. They look so pretty all sitting there in the nest, pink, blue and green perfect wee eggs. Like Easter. Ok night! Off to see brideshead revisited, which has just opened here...
    • CommentAuthorhqtrev
    • CommentTimeOct 23rd, 2008 6:58am (Oct 23rd 2008)

Hi there Wendy, welcome back. I am Trev from Australia, so our timezones are not too dissimilar. Zelda the Wonderchicken sounds awesome, it will be great to see pics when you work it out... it sounds hard but once you do it once it makes sense. There is a thread somewhere that will help you.
    • CommentTimeOct 23rd, 2008 4:30pm (Oct 23rd 2008) edited

Posted By: nzbantamsWell we have a gorgeous 1 month old Araucana chick now, hatched by our beautiful motherly Malc and named Zelda the Wonderchicken. So cute. If I can work out how I will post some pics of our 5.

I have a poster on my door saying Milly the Wonder Chicken :D Awww, i love their names. Can't wait to see the pics! :001_smile:
    • CommentTimeOct 23rd, 2008 11:34pm (Oct 23rd 2008)

Hi Wendy! Can I just say that I've re-typed your name twice already - my fingers are sure its Wanda for some reason! LOL!! Welcome back - as Trev says there is a thread explaining picture posting, skillfully written by our own Diane so you've no excuse now! Look forward to seeing the pictures!