Site Tag Cloud

CommentAuthorDianeonWhidbey
    • CommentTimeApr 1st, 2008 8:08pm (Apr 1st 2008) edited

I need to leave for real!! What is the plural for treacle CC? I presume its the same for molasses = *treacle*?

Tarra cherubs :P Or cherubim. Whichever you prefer.
      CommentAuthorLuke
    • CommentTimeApr 1st, 2008 8:08pm (Apr 1st 2008)

haha, cc I keep laughing at your comments. witty.
      CommentAuthorAce
    • CommentTimeApr 1st, 2008 8:08pm (Apr 1st 2008)

CC. I think you mean Log off not bog off! lol :-)
      CommentAuthorLuke
    • CommentTimeApr 1st, 2008 8:09pm (Apr 1st 2008)

cyaaa
    • CommentTimeApr 1st, 2008 8:09pm (Apr 1st 2008)

Looking at how many have been posted today I think that's in danger of being taken off me!! Isn't it you in the you tube videos - the one about the ghost and the box etc? If not then you've shattered my illusion of you, and even if you say it isn't I'll still think it is. We saw a picture of Cake on her website for the cafe she runs. Your mom is correct Vicki, and besides which I find that anyone under the age of 18 all look alike to me now - but that's because I'm the wrong side of 40 nothing to do with how teenagers look.

One of these days I'm going to find a magnifying glass and see what CC looks like in that damn car. Or buy a piano just to make her come tune it!
      CommentAuthorLuke
    • CommentTimeApr 1st, 2008 8:09pm (Apr 1st 2008)

I'm off too - byee!
      CommentAuthorAce
    • CommentTimeApr 1st, 2008 8:10pm (Apr 1st 2008)

See ya in a bit Diane.
    • CommentTimeApr 1st, 2008 8:10pm (Apr 1st 2008)

No, bog off as in bog off elsewhere!
    Treacle is like syrup therefore probably has no plural; much syrup = syrup, much treacle = treacle. I dunno, all my qualifications are in music! :)
    • CommentTimeApr 1st, 2008 8:11pm (Apr 1st 2008)

Is everyone leaving me?!
    • CommentTimeApr 1st, 2008 8:11pm (Apr 1st 2008)

No, I'm here...not that that's much comfort...!
      CommentAuthorAce
    • CommentTimeApr 1st, 2008 8:12pm (Apr 1st 2008)

I am not leaving Kate.
    • CommentTimeApr 1st, 2008 8:14pm (Apr 1st 2008)

See? We're here! How's Joey?
    • CommentTimeApr 1st, 2008 8:14pm (Apr 1st 2008)

Hurray! Company! I'm usually on my own but then I'm later than normal. Joey's sitting in front of the screen and says hello too. (That's a lie - he can't really talk!)
      CommentAuthorTori
    • CommentTimeApr 1st, 2008 8:16pm (Apr 1st 2008)

eek 52 new posts in 45 minuites
    • CommentTimeApr 1st, 2008 8:16pm (Apr 1st 2008)

I've booked him a vets appointment for tomorrow. Want him to be checked over but am not ready for him to be, well, you know, taken from me. But I realised today I can just tell the vet no, and walk out with him, even if its only for another 24hrs. His fur doesn't feel as greasy today but he still won't eat. He's purring like a good 'un at the moment though.
    • CommentTimeApr 1st, 2008 8:17pm (Apr 1st 2008)

No, bvut you can still know what he's saying. I have to go and lock the chickens and rabbits up. I'll be anywhere between 5 minutes and 5 hours...but as Arnie says, Eyll be bek.
      CommentAuthorAce
    • CommentTimeApr 1st, 2008 8:17pm (Apr 1st 2008)

How many posts! That is a lot!
    • CommentTimeApr 1st, 2008 8:18pm (Apr 1st 2008)

Going back to how people look, I now think that Dr Who's companion from the 90s (was it?) is posting. Does anyone else remember Ace from that? She was great - I wanted to be her!! You're probably much younger Ace but that's the mental image I have now!
      CommentAuthorAce
    • CommentTimeApr 1st, 2008 8:19pm (Apr 1st 2008)

I'm sorry that wasn't me! I was born in the 90's!
    • CommentTimeApr 1st, 2008 8:19pm (Apr 1st 2008)

I'll skip in and out and read the other threads along the way, but am still here and will be posting regularly - got a status to keep haven't I Luke!!!
      CommentAuthorAce
    • CommentTimeApr 1st, 2008 8:20pm (Apr 1st 2008)

But its funny you think that i could of been in Doctor Who. :-)
    • CommentTimeApr 1st, 2008 8:20pm (Apr 1st 2008)

Born in the 90s!! You're probably younger now than she was when she played the part! I saw her (can't remember the actress's name) in something a while ago and she is still recognisable.
    • CommentTimeApr 1st, 2008 8:21pm (Apr 1st 2008)

And a little star struck at the thought!!! Everyone loves Dr Who after all!
      CommentAuthorAce
    • CommentTimeApr 1st, 2008 8:22pm (Apr 1st 2008)

Probebly i'm only 16! :-)
      CommentAuthorAce
    • CommentTimeApr 1st, 2008 8:22pm (Apr 1st 2008)

I love Doctor Who too!
    • CommentTimeApr 1st, 2008 8:23pm (Apr 1st 2008)

I'm bek!
      CommentAuthorTori
    • CommentTimeApr 1st, 2008 8:23pm (Apr 1st 2008)

Ooo that reminds me , ive not changed my calender yet hehe
      CommentAuthorAce
    • CommentTimeApr 1st, 2008 8:24pm (Apr 1st 2008)

Its April. Did anyone get april fooled?
    • CommentTimeApr 1st, 2008 8:24pm (Apr 1st 2008)

Sophie Aldred - had to look it up. She's prettier now than she was in the show! Er, that's not meant as an insult to you! (Getting myself in trouble here CC - help!!)
    • CommentTimeApr 1st, 2008 8:25pm (Apr 1st 2008)

Nope...haven't read the paper yet to see if there's one in there.
      CommentAuthorAce
    • CommentTimeApr 1st, 2008 8:25pm (Apr 1st 2008)

It ok i forgive you. :-)
      CommentAuthorTori
    • CommentTimeApr 1st, 2008 8:25pm (Apr 1st 2008)

My mum did , she belived this story on the news about gordon ramsay putting a swear box in his kitchen hehe
    • CommentTimeApr 1st, 2008 8:26pm (Apr 1st 2008)

God, he'd make a FORTUNE!!
      CommentAuthorAce
    • CommentTimeApr 1st, 2008 8:27pm (Apr 1st 2008)

I told my sister her work called and she had to go in early! hehe. She believed me!lol
    • CommentTimeApr 1st, 2008 8:28pm (Apr 1st 2008)

Oo, you bag...did she actually go in to work?
      CommentAuthorAce
    • CommentTimeApr 1st, 2008 8:29pm (Apr 1st 2008)

No, i said April fools just in time! It was highly amusing!
    • CommentTimeApr 1st, 2008 8:30pm (Apr 1st 2008)

O how she laughed...not! How long did you let it go on for - did you let her get ready for work?
      CommentAuthorAce
    • CommentTimeApr 1st, 2008 8:31pm (Apr 1st 2008)

Forntunatly for her not. I couldn't stop laughing for that long. :-)
    • CommentTimeApr 1st, 2008 8:31pm (Apr 1st 2008)

I saw the flying penguins in the paper, and CC sent me the you tube link to it (thanks - very funny!) Also a piece in the paper about greyhound racing on ice has been approved. They all had little skates on! :D
      CommentAuthorTori
    • CommentTimeApr 1st, 2008 8:32pm (Apr 1st 2008)

Oh and there was one I remember where if a dog peed on your car , it got electricuted
      CommentAuthorAce
    • CommentTimeApr 1st, 2008 8:32pm (Apr 1st 2008)

She got me back though! The news convinced me! :-(
      CommentAuthorAce
    • CommentTimeApr 1st, 2008 8:33pm (Apr 1st 2008)

I didn't hear bout the dog 1
    • CommentTimeApr 1st, 2008 8:33pm (Apr 1st 2008)

What did she do to you then?
      CommentAuthorAce
    • CommentTimeApr 1st, 2008 8:35pm (Apr 1st 2008)

That stupid penguin gag. I didn't think it was real at first.
    • CommentTimeApr 1st, 2008 8:37pm (Apr 1st 2008)

I remember one from years ago about spaghetti growing on trees - that gots lots of people because they didn't expect a news programme to do it.
      CommentAuthorAce
    • CommentTimeApr 1st, 2008 8:38pm (Apr 1st 2008)

I though the news programme wasn't aloud to do that!
    • CommentTimeApr 1st, 2008 8:38pm (Apr 1st 2008)

My son's girlfriend's sister recently heard on the radio that Russia had launched a nuclear attack. She was in panic mode for days worrying. Then I heard that the newsman on Kerrang radio had made it up for a joke and he got suspended for it. She's still worrying now even though I told her it was made up and they wouldn't take that long to get here from Russia!!
    • CommentTimeApr 1st, 2008 8:39pm (Apr 1st 2008)

They don't usually, that's why people get sucked in to believing it. As long as there's no harm in it its OK, but the nuclear attack was taking things too far, and wasn't even on 1st April.
      CommentAuthorAce
    • CommentTimeApr 1st, 2008 8:40pm (Apr 1st 2008)

lol. Thats a good one!
      CommentAuthorAce
    • CommentTimeApr 1st, 2008 8:41pm (Apr 1st 2008)

What was it then tell psycho jokes day!
    • CommentTimeApr 1st, 2008 8:42pm (Apr 1st 2008)

My dad told me one morning not to upset my brother because he'd had come in late the night before, upset because he'd had a bad haircut the day before and was nearly bald. I nearly died; he had long curly hair. So I made all sorts of excuses to go into his bedroom for a nose, all of which were firmly rebuffed by my dad. I was SOOOOOOOOOOOO desperate I finally offered to take his breakfast up to him (and normally I would rather have licked soap than do anything like that). Dad reluctantly agreed and I tiptoed in after knocking...to have 'APRIL FOOOOOOOL' bellowed at me by my long-haired brother, my dad and my mum.
    • CommentTimeApr 1st, 2008 8:44pm (Apr 1st 2008)

No, just a bad decision by the newsreader.

That's excellent CC !!! I remember my mom telling me she was annoyed with my brother because he'd had a girl's name tattoo'd on his arm. I plagued him for hours before he'd show me - it said KATE. (Bless!!)
    • CommentTimeApr 1st, 2008 8:46pm (Apr 1st 2008)

Blimey; not very cool for a bloke, was it? He must be fond of you!
      CommentAuthorAce
    • CommentTimeApr 1st, 2008 8:47pm (Apr 1st 2008)

Awww. That was nice of him. :-)
      CommentAuthorAce
    • CommentTimeApr 1st, 2008 8:48pm (Apr 1st 2008)

Sorry gotta go now bye! :-)
    • CommentTimeApr 1st, 2008 8:49pm (Apr 1st 2008)

Yes, I suppose he must've been. He also had mom and nan in the same tattoo. Bye Ace, say hi to the Doctor! LOL!
    • CommentTimeApr 1st, 2008 9:35pm (Apr 1st 2008) edited

Talking of hungry cats, found this on a web site. Funny pictures - shame about the spellings!

Humorous Pictures
    see more crazy cat pics
      CommentAuthorTori
    • CommentTimeApr 1st, 2008 9:38pm (Apr 1st 2008)

oh I love those type of kitty pics hehe
      CommentAuthorDianeonWhidbey
    • CommentTimeApr 2nd, 2008 6:46am (Apr 2nd 2008)

I've only every pulled off one successful April's Fools day joke in my entire life.

You know those water coolers with the large plastic container, where the narrow end of the container fits into the top of the dispenser? I got an empty water container at work and plugged the narrow end where the water would usually come out with plastic clay. Then I cut a discrete hole in the back about half way up. (Yah, actual property damage.) Then I went to the pet store and bought two fish (and named them Ichi and Ni.) I took all this to work, put the container into the dispenser, poured water in through the hole in the back and then put Ichi and Ni in through the same hole. Then I tested the dispenser and, sure enough, that part still had some water in it. The dispenser was right next to my office door.

It worked unbelievably well. Everyone who came for a drink filled their cup. Stood up straight, still in front of the cooler. Took that first luxurious sip. And then noticed this movement in the water container. Several of them actually spewed the water back out of their mouths. One woman gave a lusty and satisfying shriek. And ALL of the men immediately tried to figure out how it worked. And - no one told any one else in the office about it until they, too, had fallen into the trap. :P
    • CommentTimeApr 2nd, 2008 8:11am (Apr 2nd 2008)

Diane..you are positively diabolical girl... :clap: I would have loved to have seen that one. Waaahahaha
      CommentAuthorAce
    • CommentTimeApr 2nd, 2008 10:32am (Apr 2nd 2008)

Nice one Diane. By the way did they find out you did it? :-)
      CommentAuthorTori
    • CommentTimeApr 2nd, 2008 12:32pm (Apr 2nd 2008)

Bravo !! what did you do with the fishies ?
    • CommentTimeApr 2nd, 2008 6:29pm (Apr 2nd 2008)

Good one, bet it was well worth all the effort!!!
    • CommentTimeApr 2nd, 2008 7:41pm (Apr 2nd 2008)

Tut tut, what a naughty girl....:clap:
      CommentAuthorDianeonWhidbey
    • CommentTimeApr 2nd, 2008 7:43pm (Apr 2nd 2008)

It totally was Kate! :P Thanks Lynn 'n Ace :D Yup, Ace - I wasn't very good at hiding my laughter at their reactions.

Yes, Vicki, I forgot to add the Tale of Ichi & Ni. A friend of mine took Ni to live with her. I don't think Ni lived that long... Ichi lived in her little bowl on my desk. She was a chocolate goldfish. Beautiful brown little thing. And she learned to recognize me - the Marvelous Food Pellet Rain Cloud. Her bowl was about 10 feet from my office door. Never the less, whenever I walked in through the door she would rev up; get all excited, and even do some little leaps - poking her mouth out of the water. Its an amazing thing to be fawned over by a gold fish. She would only do this if she saw me. She eventually passed away while I was on a business trip. My staff were very upset, and worried about how I was going to take it. And I cried when they told me of course. I still love that little fish.
      CommentAuthorLuke
    • CommentTimeApr 2nd, 2008 8:58pm (Apr 2nd 2008)

aww, that's a sad story Diane.
    • CommentTimeApr 3rd, 2008 8:29am (Apr 3rd 2008)

She must've pined for you - poor Ichi. Hope it wasn't because they forgot to feed her without you around! Funny how one goldfish can bring such joy!
    • CommentTimeApr 3rd, 2008 3:42pm (Apr 3rd 2008) edited

Diane, that was an awesome April Fools :D

My mum & dad usually april fools me - last year they changed every clock in the house, put it forward an hour so i thought i was late for school :angry:

Oh, and then there was the time they told me the shower was broken and i'd have to go over to my nana's to have a shower...they waited till i was up and dressed & ready to go before telling me it was an April Fools :-\
      CommentAuthorLuke
    • CommentTimeApr 3rd, 2008 5:47pm (Apr 3rd 2008) edited

That is just evil.
    ..But funny! :rolling:
    • CommentTimeApr 3rd, 2008 5:50pm (Apr 3rd 2008)

...but inspired....:)
      CommentAuthorDianeonWhidbey
    • CommentTimeApr 4th, 2008 9:00am (Apr 4th 2008)

Yes, I wondered about that too Kate. I think what probably happened is that they overfed her... Lots of gold fish fall victims to that. It was very sad. They saved her so I could bury her. (Brings back memories of the lizard's tail.)

Ichi was a cool fish. I wouldn't mind meeting up with her in another incarnation! :heart:

Red, my friend's neighbor always plays a prank on them. One year - they got into the house and unscrewed all the light bulbs. Another year, they were supposed to leave a car off in the airport lot for transport home. They did that. Only it was filled with fully inflated balloons.
    • CommentTimeApr 4th, 2008 10:19am (Apr 4th 2008)

:rolling:

That car one would be so funny, and yet so easy to do!
    • CommentTimeApr 4th, 2008 4:27pm (Apr 4th 2008)

The car one is excellent! If I'd known about that one before 1st April I'd have done it to Danny!
    • CommentTimeApr 4th, 2008 4:35pm (Apr 4th 2008)

It reminds me of the scary clown out of IT when it leaves the balloons and one bursts and is full of blood...has anyone ever seen that film? The first half is excellent, really scary, but it all goes downhill in the second half i think...
    • CommentTimeApr 4th, 2008 4:38pm (Apr 4th 2008)

Yes, the book is really scary - I mentioned it on another thread only recently. I hate clowns!
    • CommentTimeApr 4th, 2008 6:30pm (Apr 4th 2008)

My niece did the balloon thing to my nephew's car for his 21st. Can't think where she gets it from... :shocked:
      CommentAuthorDianeonWhidbey
    • CommentTimeApr 4th, 2008 7:27pm (Apr 4th 2008)

LOL.
      CommentAuthorAce
    • CommentTimeApr 11th, 2008 8:13pm (Apr 11th 2008)

lol CC!:D
    • CommentTimeApr 29th, 2008 8:21am (Apr 29th 2008)

Whilst saying a big helloto all our newer members, may I ask them to pop their marker onto our "GoogleMapDirectory" section at the top of page, please?
    It is great seeing exactly where every one lives and the area around them.
    There are only 21 markers on our Hencam world, yet we have over a hundred with accounts.
    Come on! Let's cover the world with Hencammers' markers.
    • CommentAuthorMaryFM
    • CommentTimeApr 29th, 2008 4:12pm (Apr 29th 2008)

Hi Ollie just added my location, thanks for the reminder!

best wishes

Mary
    • CommentTimeApr 29th, 2008 6:21pm (Apr 29th 2008)

Excellent; I love seeing where everybody lives. I'm waiting to see who's got a swimming pool in case there's a norrible hot summer...
      CommentAuthorDianeonWhidbey
    • CommentTimeApr 29th, 2008 6:24pm (Apr 29th 2008)

A pool would be redundant here. But there are lots of bays and harbors. And beaches to lounge on. For the one to two months its warm enough. Unless you want to para-sail - then you get to wear a little rubber suit.

Come on over. I've got a spare room. :)
    • CommentTimeApr 29th, 2008 6:27pm (Apr 29th 2008)

Para sail? I'd rather lick soap...
    I can't go over there; I have a) no passport, b) no money, c) no inclination, d) no wish to spend any time hanging around in airports, e) no wish to spend any time in an aeroplane f)no talent for missionary work amongst the heathen.
    You come here!
      CommentAuthorDianeonWhidbey
    • CommentTimeApr 29th, 2008 6:34pm (Apr 29th 2008)

$%&*%##$ My computer is as slow as a snail today. And booted me off just now.

Sob - you don't want to visit me? :cry:
    • CommentTimeApr 29th, 2008 6:43pm (Apr 29th 2008)

Nope. You come here...I won't even go and see Headless!
    • CommentTimeApr 29th, 2008 6:50pm (Apr 29th 2008)

But she'll visit Wazza. You're not that much further away are you Diane?!
    • CommentTimeApr 29th, 2008 6:50pm (Apr 29th 2008)

HAH!
      CommentAuthorDianeonWhidbey
    • CommentTimeApr 29th, 2008 6:52pm (Apr 29th 2008)

Yah. I'm wounded.
      CommentAuthorDianeonWhidbey
    • CommentTimeApr 29th, 2008 6:53pm (Apr 29th 2008)

Plus, the way the exchange rate is going - it will soon be a free trip for you two. So, you should BOTH come visit, Kate. And Lynn is just down the road.
    • CommentTimeApr 29th, 2008 6:54pm (Apr 29th 2008)

We should plan a hencam jamboree!
    • CommentTimeApr 29th, 2008 6:55pm (Apr 29th 2008)

Well, look; there's you and Lynn THERE...and HERE, we have Kate and Red and Neil and Wazza and me and Ollie and Luke and Fred and Cake (who seems to have vanished) and Mary FM and...need I go on? Get my point? :)
    • CommentTimeApr 29th, 2008 6:58pm (Apr 29th 2008)

But the guys in the southern hemisphere might have pools. Can you pop to Woolworths and buy a paddling pool for us?
    • CommentTimeApr 29th, 2008 6:59pm (Apr 29th 2008)

Wazza and I were debating how long it'd take us to get to Brum, Kate; be afraid...
    • CommentTimeApr 29th, 2008 7:01pm (Apr 29th 2008)

ooo er!!
    • CommentTimeApr 29th, 2008 7:02pm (Apr 29th 2008)

See, that frit yer...
    • CommentTimeApr 29th, 2008 7:04pm (Apr 29th 2008)

I was just wondering how I'd explain it to hubby. "Er, this is Wazza and CC who I met on the internet. Well, I think its CC, as I've never seen a picture of her it might not be!!!"
      CommentAuthorDianeonWhidbey
    • CommentTimeApr 29th, 2008 7:05pm (Apr 29th 2008)

I can count CC. So, what IS your point? ;)

I don't get why you all don't visit each other daily. You live practically in each other's backyards. In fact, why do any of you watch the cam? You could just hop in your cars and be peering over the Hen Fence in no time! What we are talking about here is a trip. An ADVENTURE. You could do a world tour. Kate is bringing the Australians into it - So, first Headless and Mia on the east coast, then Janice, then Gloria. Then a little longer stay with Lynn and I. See the Seattle area. Then over to New Zealand and Australia! Lovely.
      CommentAuthorDianeonWhidbey
    • CommentTimeApr 29th, 2008 7:06pm (Apr 29th 2008)

Oh - and a short jaunt up to Toronto to see Nancy, just after that visit with Mia. I know I've left other's out but you get my drift.
    • CommentTimeApr 29th, 2008 7:08pm (Apr 29th 2008)

I know what to do with my lottery win now (if only!)
    • CommentTimeApr 29th, 2008 7:09pm (Apr 29th 2008)

If it's got a lot of curls on it's head, it'd be me...
    Now, I don't want this to come as too much of a shock to you both, but I have to go and COOK soon, as we have (either suicidal or foolhardy) guests coming for tea. Liver & bacon - even I can't b*gger that one up. Probably...
    So if I vanish, they've arrived. A 300 yard footpath to walk up and it's NAFFING it down with rain...I hope they're game for a laugh...