Site Tag Cloud

• CommentTimeJun 14th, 2008 11:18pm (Jun 14th 2008)

Woo hoo!! I'll take a look when I've read the posts, though there probably isn't much to look at at night!
      CommentAuthorDianeonWhidbey
    • CommentTimeJun 14th, 2008 11:19pm (Jun 14th 2008)

I just got some new photos for my Langley Marina Pix thread. I'm going to go upload them. And then come back. Will you still be around Kate?

Is it Father's Day there tomorrow? Probably not... If I remember Mother's Day was on a different day than here.
    • CommentTimeJun 14th, 2008 11:21pm (Jun 14th 2008)

Yes, it is father's day tomorrow - I think its just mother's day thats different. Yes, I should be around a while yet - still haven't checked my e-mails!
    • CommentTimeJun 14th, 2008 11:42pm (Jun 14th 2008)

lambwatch was already a "premiere" link on the links page... (always shows on the page)

But, wherever you find it easiest to find... :)
      CommentAuthorDianeonWhidbey
    • CommentTimeJun 15th, 2008 12:10am (Jun 15th 2008)

This is only so we don't have to leave the forum for even a minute. Hope that's ok Neil.
    • CommentTimeJun 15th, 2008 12:35am (Jun 15th 2008)

Right. I hung on to see Diane's new bird / egg photos and now I'm off to bed. Well, it is past midnight and I'm dozing at the pooter!!

Happy father's day all you daddies out there!
    • CommentTimeJun 15th, 2008 12:40am (Jun 15th 2008)

I'll have a look at Diane's pix too...and at Lambwatch!
    • CommentAuthorJacqueline
    • CommentTimeJun 15th, 2008 12:56am (Jun 15th 2008)

Red, sorry 'bout that re. who raised the lamb. I wasn't around when that was happening and I couldn't remember any family member's names other than Neil's, so I mentioned him kind of referring to all of you. I know that makes you feel so much more valued, lol. ;-)
      CommentAuthorDianeonWhidbey
    • CommentTimeJun 15th, 2008 12:56am (Jun 15th 2008)

Awww. So sweet. My buddies.

And yes - Happy Father's Day !!! Neil et al.
    • CommentTimeJun 16th, 2008 11:34am (Jun 16th 2008) edited

Don't worry about it Jacqueline ;) :D
    • CommentAuthoremmah
    • CommentTimeAug 4th, 2008 2:39pm (Aug 4th 2008)

Hi my name is Emma I live in Northwich Cheshire and get my first ever hens on Monday next week and cannot wait :)

I am getting them from the BHWT so cant wait to see my hens trotting round their new palace that is still having its finishing touchs added to it :)

I just hope they dont make too much noise as I dont want to make the neighbours mad lol
    • CommentTimeAug 4th, 2008 2:48pm (Aug 4th 2008) edited

Hi emma, welcome to the hencam forum!

Wow, that's really exciting. It's lovely that you're getting some ex-battery hens, too, it's so rewarding to see them scratching for bugs and sunbathing as they were supposed to. They tend to be very affectionate and friendly little hens, and you can have a great time giving them all sorts of treats they won't have tried before! How many are you getting?

Hens really aren't too noisy (apart from when bragging about laying an egg!) and battery hens are often quieter than other hens, anyway. If your hens are noisy, butter your neighbours up with eggs - that'll sort it out and stop them getting mad! ;)
      CommentAuthorAce
    • CommentTimeAug 4th, 2008 2:51pm (Aug 4th 2008)

WELCOME TO HENCAM EMMA!
    • CommentAuthorsenior chicken!
    • CommentTimeAug 4th, 2008 4:53pm (Aug 4th 2008)

Well, hello emma welcome to the forum. And hello everyone else in case you don't remember me, senior chicken here. The pooter has been causing trouble for some time now refusing to let me on, but today it seems to have had a change of heart. This dial-up thing is more trouble than it is worth, it doesn't even work half of the time!
    • CommentTimeAug 4th, 2008 5:36pm (Aug 4th 2008)

Hello, Emma, hello SC! SC; we (all right, I) keep on at Diane to get broadband...shall we (I) keep on at you too? :D
      CommentAuthorDianeonWhidbey
    • CommentTimeAug 4th, 2008 6:41pm (Aug 4th 2008)

WELCOME EMMA

Hello again SC! As CC knows, I just love dial up :P Hang in there and enjoy the millions of pounds you are saving :D
      CommentAuthorDianeonWhidbey
    • CommentTimeAug 4th, 2008 6:42pm (Aug 4th 2008)

Emma and SC! have you each put a pin in our Hencam Google Map? (Look for it in the top menu.)
    • CommentTimeAug 4th, 2008 7:51pm (Aug 4th 2008)

Let me introduce you to Diane; she's our Head Prefect... :rolling:
      CommentAuthorAce
    • CommentTimeAug 4th, 2008 7:54pm (Aug 4th 2008)

Who likes RUNNY POOOOOOOOOOOOO.............
    • CommentTimeAug 4th, 2008 7:56pm (Aug 4th 2008)

Yes, it's her Very Favourite Thing. Make sure you mention it often.
      CommentAuthorAce
    • CommentTimeAug 4th, 2008 7:57pm (Aug 4th 2008)

Very often indeed! :D
    • CommentTimeAug 4th, 2008 10:37pm (Aug 4th 2008)

Welcome Emma, I hope your hens settle in well! Any problems just ask Red - she's an eggspert! LOL!!! (The rest of us are just enthusiastic hencammers!)
      CommentAuthorAce
    • CommentTimeAug 4th, 2008 10:38pm (Aug 4th 2008)

YAY HENCAM and Chickens!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:bigsmile:
      CommentAuthorDianeonWhidbey
    • CommentTimeAug 5th, 2008 12:16am (Aug 5th 2008)

And yet I don't know what a *prefect* is. Sounds like *perfect* though ;)
      CommentAuthorDianeonWhidbey
    • CommentTimeAug 5th, 2008 12:21am (Aug 5th 2008)

In many British and Commonwealth schools (especially but not exclusively public schools), prefects, usually students in fifth or seventh years (depending on how many years the school in question has), have considerable power and effectively run the school outside the classroom. They were once even allowed to administer corporal punishment (emulating domestic discipline) in some schools (now abolished in the UK and several other countries) under a system of self control, or sometimes used as (generally willing) 'executioner' by the staff. They usually answer to a senior prefect known as the Head of School (though in Canada, Head of School is more often seen as a gender-neutral term for headmaster or headmistress) or Head Prefect (colloquially, Head Boy or Head Girl or Senior Prefect) - many larger schools will have a hierarchy structure with a team or prefects, a team of senior prefects, and a Head Boy and Girl. The Head Prefect may also be the School Captain if that is an appointed position in the school in question. However, due to Health and Safety laws the staff have tended to become stricter about what responsibilities prefects may hold, for fear of being held responsible in case of litigation. (Wikipedia - the British version)

Corporal punishment, eh? :devil:
    • CommentTimeAug 5th, 2008 8:58pm (Aug 5th 2008)

I was a prefect (she says snobbily!) I was also voted senior common room student when I was in upper 6th form, which meant I was the responsible one and could go to the head etc to discuss 6th form issues, and vice versa. But I had to leave 3 months later as they cut my course. :(
    • CommentTimeAug 5th, 2008 9:38pm (Aug 5th 2008)

Oooo, get YOU! You must've been a good girl...
    • CommentTimeAug 5th, 2008 10:40pm (Aug 5th 2008)

I didn't think I was particularly, but the teachers seemed to like me and the other students probably thought I was gobby so was a good bet to stick up for them!
    • CommentTimeAug 5th, 2008 10:56pm (Aug 5th 2008)

Mel has just appeared!
    • CommentTimeAug 5th, 2008 10:56pm (Aug 5th 2008)

And I'm all alone so no-one else to see her!
      CommentAuthorDianeonWhidbey
    • CommentTimeAug 6th, 2008 6:09am (Aug 6th 2008)

Hi Angus - WELCOME TO HENCAM!
    • CommentTimeAug 7th, 2008 6:45pm (Aug 7th 2008) edited

I was the only sixth former not to be a prefect.
    It was because I was always late for school. I couldn't see the point of all that praying and hymns. :ange: I would slip into the back of the hall at the end in time to hear the announcements. :045:
    • CommentTimeAug 7th, 2008 8:24pm (Aug 7th 2008)

You could've lied and said you were Jewish/Jehovah's Witness; they were always allowed into assembly late at our school. But we had registration first!
    • CommentTimeAug 7th, 2008 8:34pm (Aug 7th 2008)

I don't know what religion my parents had put on my entry form - can't even guess as they were nonbelievers too, so couldn't declare mysself to be something else. I hadn't realised anyone was aware that I sneaked in late for those years. Wonder why I was never asked. Maybe they knew I was rather harmless oddball. Or wished they could have got out of it too...
    • CommentTimeAug 7th, 2008 8:37pm (Aug 7th 2008)

You could say the Buddhists/Jews/Shinto/Muslims/Hindus/JW's had converted you! :)
    • CommentTimeAug 7th, 2008 8:44pm (Aug 7th 2008)

It was a very long time ago and that sort of thing just didn't happen in a heavy woollen industry town.
    • CommentTimeAug 8th, 2008 12:35am (Aug 8th 2008)

At Primary school I always refused to take part in the praying at the end of assembly, and always got into trouble for it...everyone had to take part, if you didn't you had to stand up at the front of the hall and sing The lord's Prayer along with Cliff Richard... :mad:
      CommentAuthorDianeonWhidbey
    • CommentTimeAug 8th, 2008 6:19am (Aug 8th 2008)

No division of Church and State there then?
    • CommentTimeAug 8th, 2008 1:51pm (Aug 8th 2008)

Theoretically, no. But if they's tried to make a Muslim do it there'd be ructions! :)
      CommentAuthorDianeonWhidbey
    • CommentTimeAug 11th, 2008 9:05pm (Aug 11th 2008)

Hi Emmah! If you want, say *Hello* to folks here. Or just jump in any where. This is a very friendly group.
      CommentAuthorDianeonWhidbey
    • CommentTimeAug 11th, 2008 9:10pm (Aug 11th 2008)

Sorry Emmah - now that you've put up a thread, I remember that you've already been on Hencam. Right?
    • CommentTimeAug 13th, 2008 6:43pm (Aug 13th 2008)

Hello Tonya! Welcome to the chaos...:D
    • CommentAuthorCake
    • CommentTimeAug 13th, 2008 6:44pm (Aug 13th 2008)

chaos..the city that never sleeps.
    • CommentTimeAug 13th, 2008 6:47pm (Aug 13th 2008)

Ooo, she's gorn...summat I said?
    • CommentAuthorCake
    • CommentTimeAug 13th, 2008 6:47pm (Aug 13th 2008)

Aw CC I doubt it, what you say usually makes em stay.....and giggle
      CommentAuthorDianeonWhidbey
    • CommentTimeAug 14th, 2008 2:06am (Aug 14th 2008)

Hi Jonny. You are newish to Hencam I think? WELCOME
      CommentAuthorDianeonWhidbey
    • CommentTimeAug 14th, 2008 2:08am (Aug 14th 2008)

He left. Ever notice how the minute you write to someone new they bail? They can't have even read what you've written yet! I'm naming this the Welcome Jinx...
      CommentAuthorDianeonWhidbey
    • CommentTimeAug 14th, 2008 2:09am (Aug 14th 2008)

Oops. He's back. :huh:
      CommentAuthorJonny
    • CommentTimeAug 14th, 2008 2:12am (Aug 14th 2008)

No I'm still here! I have actually been watching Hencam for quite some time. I'm even on the "Friends" page (the crawly thing).
      CommentAuthorDianeonWhidbey
    • CommentTimeAug 14th, 2008 2:14am (Aug 14th 2008)

Ah - never met up with you before. Do you own any hens?
      CommentAuthorJonny
    • CommentTimeAug 14th, 2008 2:27am (Aug 14th 2008)

Alas no..I live in an apartment (12 story building). :sad:
      CommentAuthorDianeonWhidbey
    • CommentTimeAug 14th, 2008 5:55am (Aug 14th 2008)

Wow - big city life then? I have no hens either, hence Milly, Tilly, Penny and other hen cammers hens are special to me!
    • CommentTimeAug 14th, 2008 4:17pm (Aug 14th 2008)

TWELVE storeys??? Blimey, how high up are you??
    • CommentTimeAug 14th, 2008 5:51pm (Aug 14th 2008)

Welcome Jonny! :turkeydance:
      CommentAuthorAce
    • CommentTimeAug 14th, 2008 5:59pm (Aug 14th 2008)

:welcome: Jonny!
      CommentAuthorTori
    • CommentTimeAug 14th, 2008 6:48pm (Aug 14th 2008)

aloha jonny and :welcome: to the hencam forum :he: I hope you settle in and meet all our er crazy members :001_icon_idea::spinface::biggrinjester: :tongue::loco: sooo er i suggest you :ebay: (not necesarily on ebay thoughhh i just couldnt find teh normal pc one) , :sun: and plenty of :crazy: sooo from me and everyone else , :atpeace: yay !!!
      CommentAuthorDianeonWhidbey
    • CommentTimeAug 14th, 2008 6:49pm (Aug 14th 2008)

And our worst fears come true... :D
      CommentAuthorAce
    • CommentTimeAug 14th, 2008 6:49pm (Aug 14th 2008)

Thats cool Vix.:)
      CommentAuthorDianeonWhidbey
    • CommentTimeAug 14th, 2008 6:50pm (Aug 14th 2008)

That's right Acie, egg her on! :P
      CommentAuthorAce
    • CommentTimeAug 14th, 2008 6:51pm (Aug 14th 2008)

:dance::cheers2::boogie::_penguin::aparty1::_patriot::_ouch::chicken_catch:Goooooooooooo Vicki!!!!!!!!
    • CommentTimeAug 14th, 2008 6:52pm (Aug 14th 2008)

Hey Neil, can't you disable the vanillacons on Vicki's log in for us?! :computer: LOL!!!
      CommentAuthorDianeonWhidbey
    • CommentTimeAug 14th, 2008 6:53pm (Aug 14th 2008)

LOL.

(I'm just kidding, of course, Vicki. We've all been going bananas with the vanillacons.)

:bear::cute-chick::frog3:
      CommentAuthorAce
    • CommentTimeAug 14th, 2008 6:53pm (Aug 14th 2008)

:_pecking::_peace::cloud9::lol::jumping::cheer::001_rolleyes::001_cool: WOOOOOOOOOOOOW!!!!!
    • CommentTimeAug 14th, 2008 6:54pm (Aug 14th 2008)

'sept me! I can never decide which to use! THey're just too darn cute.
      CommentAuthorAce
    • CommentTimeAug 14th, 2008 6:55pm (Aug 14th 2008)

Then use them all!:thumbup1:
    • CommentTimeAug 14th, 2008 7:09pm (Aug 14th 2008)

Which reminds me...if you want an emoticon from the bottom of the available lot, you can't reach it AND keep the writing. Otherwise it puts itself at the beginning of the writing.

I know what I mean...
    • CommentTimeAug 14th, 2008 7:26pm (Aug 14th 2008) edited

CC, Cut and paste it from beginning to required place.
    I find this way much easier in handling those slippery vanillacons. :juggle:
    • CommentTimeAug 14th, 2008 7:36pm (Aug 14th 2008)

Ollie!! You understood me!!!
    *happy sigh*
    Thank you!
      CommentAuthorAce
    • CommentTimeAug 14th, 2008 7:50pm (Aug 14th 2008)

I understood you CC. If you click on the smiley it goes to the front of the sentence.:)
    • CommentTimeAug 14th, 2008 10:53pm (Aug 14th 2008)

You have to type your words, then click for the vanillacons, then click back at the end of your words. They'll be posted at the end then. No need for cutting and pasting here!!! :computer: :rat::cat:
      CommentAuthorJonny
    • CommentTimeAug 15th, 2008 1:33am (Aug 15th 2008)

Thanks for the Welcome's everybody! :jumping::milly_hen:

Posted By: chief chickenTWELVE storeys??? Blimey, how high up are you??

I'm on the 4th floor, face inward towards the pool (check GoggleMapDirectory to see what I mean).

No chickens, but I have 2 :cat:. I used to have a gecko but I traded that for the cats..long story.
    • CommentTimeAug 15th, 2008 7:37am (Aug 15th 2008)

Welcome to the group, Jonny!

LW_Welcome-Tohencam.jpg
    • CommentTimeAug 15th, 2008 8:06pm (Aug 15th 2008)

I have 2 cats too Jonny, and 2 rats who are sweeeeett!! :rat:
    • CommentTimeAug 15th, 2008 8:10pm (Aug 15th 2008)

I have 2 cats 2!
    • CommentTimeAug 15th, 2008 8:11pm (Aug 15th 2008)

I thought I'd have added to mine by now, but I think the rats have distracted me. And I don't think my 2 senior ladies would be amused!
    • CommentTimeAug 15th, 2008 8:24pm (Aug 15th 2008)

I just noticed that Trev's Mum has registered on hencam!

G'DAY TREV'S MUM!!!!!
      CommentAuthorAce
    • CommentTimeAug 15th, 2008 8:25pm (Aug 15th 2008)

Yes i noticed that before.:)
    • CommentTimeAug 15th, 2008 8:26pm (Aug 15th 2008)

I hope she says hi to us all!
      CommentAuthorAce
    • CommentTimeAug 15th, 2008 8:29pm (Aug 15th 2008)

That would be funny! We've all said hi to her.:)
    • CommentTimeAug 15th, 2008 8:38pm (Aug 15th 2008)

Praps we scared her off...
      CommentAuthorAce
    • CommentTimeAug 15th, 2008 8:39pm (Aug 15th 2008)

No that was you CC!:D
    • CommentTimeAug 15th, 2008 8:41pm (Aug 15th 2008)

Moi?????:cute-chick:
      CommentAuthorAce
    • CommentTimeAug 15th, 2008 8:48pm (Aug 15th 2008)

Oui!:_pecking:
    • CommentTimeAug 15th, 2008 8:48pm (Aug 15th 2008)

:shocked:Non!
      CommentAuthorAce
    • CommentTimeAug 15th, 2008 9:20pm (Aug 15th 2008)

Oui!!!!!!!!!!!!!:001_tt2:
      CommentAuthorAce
    • CommentTimeAug 15th, 2008 9:21pm (Aug 15th 2008)

HELLO 31 guests!:meuh:
      CommentAuthorAce
    • CommentTimeAug 15th, 2008 9:25pm (Aug 15th 2008)

Now it is 37!:meuh:
    • CommentTimeAug 15th, 2008 9:28pm (Aug 15th 2008)

Now 35 !! Where are they all coming from??

We must have been having some publicity somewhere. What yo been up to Niel?
      CommentAuthorAce
    • CommentTimeAug 15th, 2008 9:29pm (Aug 15th 2008)

I bet hes been on the radio again.
      CommentAuthorAce
    • CommentTimeAug 15th, 2008 9:30pm (Aug 15th 2008)

Spoke too soon. They've all run away!
    • CommentTimeAug 15th, 2008 9:31pm (Aug 15th 2008)

That was quick! Only one left.
    Neil must have got his shotgun out.
      CommentAuthorAce
    • CommentTimeAug 15th, 2008 9:36pm (Aug 15th 2008)

:shocked:
    • CommentTimeAug 15th, 2008 9:40pm (Aug 15th 2008)

Don't stare like that Ace. It's rude.
    • CommentTimeAug 15th, 2008 9:42pm (Aug 15th 2008)

Every one who keeps chicks etc up here in the wild and woolly North has to have some way to protect their loved ones.
      CommentAuthorDianeonWhidbey
    • CommentTimeAug 16th, 2008 1:05am (Aug 16th 2008)

Ace that many guests is usually just those little robo spiders sent out by Google, etc... to keep up on what's new on a web site. Its an infestation of little spies. But not real people.
      CommentAuthorDianeonWhidbey
    • CommentTimeAug 16th, 2008 1:09am (Aug 16th 2008)

Hadn't noticed the pattern but, I have 2 cats 2!
      CommentAuthorTori
    • CommentTimeAug 16th, 2008 2:17pm (Aug 16th 2008)

I only have 1 cat and I have a friend who has 6 cats and recently got a dog as well ! :_oh: :shocked:
      CommentAuthorAce
    • CommentTimeAug 16th, 2008 4:21pm (Aug 16th 2008)

I only have 1 cat too.
    • CommentTimeAug 16th, 2008 4:51pm (Aug 16th 2008)

I don't have any. I borrow them...
      CommentAuthorDianeonWhidbey
    • CommentTimeAug 16th, 2008 5:55pm (Aug 16th 2008)

Entices them through the mail slot.