Site Tag Cloud

CommentAuthorwazza
    • CommentTimeApr 6th, 2008 9:53pm (Apr 6th 2008)

no longer a member

The PENGUINS are my favourite group and exp when they sing " EARTH ANGEL"
    • CommentTimeApr 6th, 2008 10:00pm (Apr 6th 2008)

Who? No, not THE Who, I mean who are the penguins?
      CommentAuthorwazza
    • CommentTimeApr 6th, 2008 10:08pm (Apr 6th 2008) edited

no longer a member

OMG CC the Penguins are awsome Google "EARTH ANGEL Lyrics" and listen to the Penguins sing... pure genius
      CommentAuthorDianeonWhidbey
    • CommentTimeApr 7th, 2008 7:53am (Apr 7th 2008)

Mumbo Gumbo is IT!
    • CommentTimeApr 7th, 2008 5:25pm (Apr 7th 2008)

WHO??? Dear God, I knew I was 250 years behind the drag curve, but...!
      CommentAuthorDianeonWhidbey
    • CommentTimeApr 7th, 2008 8:25pm (Apr 7th 2008)

The *drag* curve? Wot?

Goo goo google 'em dear. (I used to live in a community with one of the band members - so, of COURSE they are my favorites...) But really, they are among my most favorite bands.
      CommentAuthorwazza
    • CommentTimeApr 8th, 2008 6:36am (Apr 8th 2008)

no longer a member

Oh Diane a fellow penguin fanatic thats awsome :heartsabove:
    • CommentTimeApr 8th, 2008 2:13pm (Apr 8th 2008)

I like System Of A Down and Muse...can't decide between the two.
    • CommentTimeApr 8th, 2008 5:23pm (Apr 8th 2008)

drag curve = some sort of flying/RAF lingo I caught from Headless. Have no idea what it means except getting behind or being out of synch with everyone else. Google it! :)
      CommentAuthorDianeonWhidbey
    • CommentTimeApr 8th, 2008 7:21pm (Apr 8th 2008)

Oh I think I know what it is - in bike racing we used to draft off the cyclist in the lead. Takes much less energy; then blast by them in the end. I think *drag* is a reference to the dynamic that allows this. Is her husband a pilot? He could end up on Whidbey if he is!

I'm not googling anything until you do :D

Sorry Wazza - I lived with a member of Mumbo Gumbo, not the Penguins... :(
    • CommentTimeApr 8th, 2008 8:25pm (Apr 8th 2008)

I don't have favourite bands - I like lots of music from different bands. I like a lot of Queen (my step-sister who I shared a room with was OBSESSED with them, so that's indoctrination!), I loved Muse's first 2 chart releases, Rick Astley, Tiffany, both one-hit wonders. Bits of Jam, The Specials, Adam and the Ants, but also lots of 60s and 70s stuff. My mom was a Jim Reeves and an Elvis fan - hate it! She also used to listen to a lot of Glen Miller which I liked. So, I have very eclectic (is that right? Means wide variety) taste.
    • CommentTimeApr 8th, 2008 9:42pm (Apr 8th 2008)

I like some Abba songs 'cos my mum used to listen to them when i was little...think that's the same reason i like Oasis and Nirvana too. Other kids sung nursery rhymes, i sung Smells Like Teen Spirit :cool: :D
    • CommentTimeApr 8th, 2008 10:10pm (Apr 8th 2008)

My friend's little boy (well, he's 11 now) loves Red Hot Chilli Peppers and used to stand in front of the TV singing and doing the dances etc. when he was 2!
      CommentAuthorwazza
    • CommentTimeApr 9th, 2008 10:58am (Apr 9th 2008)

no longer a member

Diane I really did get excited for a mo.. but now I am gutted
      CommentAuthorTori
    • CommentTimeApr 10th, 2008 6:36pm (Apr 10th 2008)

rawrr You know I scared you hehe
      CommentAuthorAce
    • CommentTimeApr 10th, 2008 6:45pm (Apr 10th 2008)

Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhh! That scared me.
      CommentAuthorTori
    • CommentTimeApr 14th, 2008 4:45pm (Apr 14th 2008)

Mines ermmm Tracy Beaker er most haunted , music channels and airline etc !!
    • CommentTimeApr 14th, 2008 5:45pm (Apr 14th 2008)

Shaun the Sheep, Corrie. QVC....mmmmmmm, rings......
      CommentAuthorTori
    • CommentTimeApr 14th, 2008 5:49pm (Apr 14th 2008)

I like SMart as well but since whats happened and stuff hm
      CommentAuthorAce
    • CommentTimeApr 14th, 2008 6:54pm (Apr 14th 2008)

Harry Hill TV Burp and Headcases!
    • CommentTimeApr 14th, 2008 8:33pm (Apr 14th 2008)

I thought Smart was good - and Art Attack on ITV.
    • CommentTimeApr 14th, 2008 8:37pm (Apr 14th 2008)

Lost, Desperate Housewives, Dr Who, Heroes. Anything funny. In fact, anything. I can watch TV all day - there's always something on even if its rubbish. Extreme Makeover (homes not people!), Loose women, Midsomer Murders. I just love TV!
      CommentAuthorTori
    • CommentTimeApr 15th, 2008 6:06pm (Apr 15th 2008)

Oh yeah I forgot harry hills tv burp hehe
      CommentAuthorAce
    • CommentTimeApr 15th, 2008 6:13pm (Apr 15th 2008)

I missed it on Saturday.:cry: It isn't far that its not on anymore:(
    • CommentAuthorForester
    • CommentTimeApr 15th, 2008 8:14pm (Apr 15th 2008)

Has anyone seen the movies "Keeping Mum" and "Calendar Girls?"
    They are too funny. Did I spell calendar right?
    • CommentTimeApr 15th, 2008 11:04pm (Apr 15th 2008)

I think Keeping Mum was on this week but I missed it. Haven't seen Calendar Girls but I remember it got good reviews when it was released.
      CommentAuthorLuke
    • CommentTimeApr 16th, 2008 4:32pm (Apr 16th 2008)

Ace, I too adore Jethro Tull...
      CommentAuthorAce
    • CommentTimeApr 16th, 2008 4:36pm (Apr 16th 2008)

Really that is way cool Luke.:)
      CommentAuthorTori
    • CommentTimeApr 16th, 2008 5:21pm (Apr 16th 2008)

Hi er I was on 699 comments on my account thing and heres my 700th and theres no place better to do it then on my own discussion thingy yaaay !!
      CommentAuthorAce
    • CommentTimeApr 16th, 2008 5:36pm (Apr 16th 2008)

Congratulations on your 700th comment Vicki.:)
      CommentAuthorTori
    • CommentTimeApr 16th, 2008 6:35pm (Apr 16th 2008)

yay this is now the 704th comment heehee
      CommentAuthorAce
    • CommentTimeApr 16th, 2008 6:41pm (Apr 16th 2008)

Wow thats a lot!:)
      CommentAuthorLuke
    • CommentTimeApr 16th, 2008 7:10pm (Apr 16th 2008)

still a while to go until you beat Kateb's 2629 posts!!
      CommentAuthorTori
    • CommentTimeApr 16th, 2008 7:31pm (Apr 16th 2008)

hmmm that is my goall hehe sorry kateb !
    • CommentTimeApr 16th, 2008 10:49pm (Apr 16th 2008)

I'd already guessed that Vicki!! I'm going to have to start posting one word messages to keep my title aren't I?!
    • CommentTimeApr 16th, 2008 10:49pm (Apr 16th 2008)

Yes I think ...
    • CommentTimeApr 16th, 2008 10:49pm (Apr 16th 2008)

that's the only way!!!!! x
    • CommentTimeApr 17th, 2008 4:11pm (Apr 17th 2008)

Unless
    • CommentTimeApr 17th, 2008 4:11pm (Apr 17th 2008)

someone
    • CommentTimeApr 17th, 2008 4:11pm (Apr 17th 2008)

else
    • CommentTimeApr 17th, 2008 4:12pm (Apr 17th 2008)

does...!
      CommentAuthorAce
    • CommentTimeApr 17th, 2008 4:23pm (Apr 17th 2008)

I think CC wants the most comments title!:)
    • CommentTimeApr 17th, 2008 6:43pm (Apr 17th 2008)

No, I defer to Kate, the Mistress of the Postings!
      CommentAuthorTori
    • CommentTimeApr 17th, 2008 7:52pm (Apr 17th 2008)

Oh welll Ill just be the mistress of the ermm craziets 1 word postings heheeeeeeee
    • CommentTimeApr 17th, 2008 8:28pm (Apr 17th 2008)

I just feel obliged to answer anything that's been posted! If someone goes to the trouble of writing it, the least I can do is read and acknowledge. I must admit I'm dreading going on holiday for a week in July - just how many posts am I going to come back to!! We could run a competition!
      CommentAuthorAce
    • CommentTimeApr 17th, 2008 8:59pm (Apr 17th 2008)

Probably thousands! Take along time to catch up though.:)
    • CommentTimeApr 20th, 2008 9:57pm (Apr 20th 2008)

I was actually really sad when i heard Mark Speight had died, i used to love watching him on Smart :(

I don't have a favourite TV show...i watch hollyoaks whenever it's on, but it's not exactly the best program in the world :P
      CommentAuthorAce
    • CommentTimeApr 20th, 2008 10:04pm (Apr 20th 2008)

Yeah it was really sad to hear that news. But i found it sickening to hear that he hung himself.
    • CommentTimeApr 20th, 2008 11:14pm (Apr 20th 2008)

He must've been in a really bad place mentally. Its so sad that he took his own life - people were quick enough to blame him for his girlfriend's death but when they said it wasn't his fault where was the support? I feel so sorry for his family but hope he's at peace now.

Hollyoaks used to be good but I don't watch it anymore.
      CommentAuthorLuke
    • CommentTimeApr 21st, 2008 4:35pm (Apr 21st 2008)

On the BAFTA's last night, there was a memorial for him.
      CommentAuthorTori
    • CommentTimeApr 21st, 2008 5:12pm (Apr 21st 2008)

Someone who used to go to my school is in hollyoaks now and gary neville and phil neville
      CommentAuthorTori
    • CommentTimeApr 21st, 2008 5:14pm (Apr 21st 2008)

Mine are hehe , haha , rawr and I have some new ones sheesh kebab , sheesh kebob , sheesh kebobble and cheese kebab !
    • CommentTimeApr 21st, 2008 5:28pm (Apr 21st 2008)

Mine is 'sigh...'
      CommentAuthorLuke
    • CommentTimeApr 21st, 2008 5:30pm (Apr 21st 2008) edited

Mine is 'LETS PLAY MUSICAL CHAIRS(!)'
    It's great to confuse important people.
    • CommentTimeApr 21st, 2008 6:37pm (Apr 21st 2008)

My most used used to be "stop it". Now the kids are grown up I don't have to use it as much!
    • CommentTimeApr 21st, 2008 7:35pm (Apr 21st 2008)

But don't put it away yet; you might need it...:devil:
    • CommentTimeApr 21st, 2008 10:45pm (Apr 21st 2008)

True - I do have a graddaughter and 4 pets. (and hubby!)
      CommentAuthorTori
    • CommentTimeApr 28th, 2008 4:41pm (Apr 28th 2008)

This weeks topic is all about your most favourite book to read. I think mine is er Jacky daydream by Jacqueline Wilson , Molly moon books and ermm Harry Potter even though its taken me 4 years to read the 4th harry potter book and im still only half way through it !!
    • CommentTimeApr 28th, 2008 5:19pm (Apr 28th 2008)

Good Omens by Terry Pratchett & Neil Gaiman
    • CommentTimeApr 28th, 2008 6:55pm (Apr 28th 2008)

When I was growing up I loved Dr Doolittle books (probably why I'm such an animal lover!) but my all time favourite is The Stand by Stephen King.
    • CommentTimeMay 2nd, 2008 4:39pm (May 2nd 2008)

I like most Stephen King books, but some of them are just stupid...he goes on about 'red-eyed monsteres' quite a lot, and it gets a bit repetative. And sometimes it's like he adds a supernatural element, just so that his book can be classed as a horror novel, like in Rose Madder - it'd have been a great book if it hadn't been for this painting coming to life and a man turning into a bull... :confused: Now i am wittering :-\
      CommentAuthorLuke
    • CommentTimeMay 2nd, 2008 4:52pm (May 2nd 2008)

Othello. NOT!
    • CommentTimeMay 2nd, 2008 5:59pm (May 2nd 2008) edited

Ah, but many years hence, there will be a question on Othello on University Challenge. And you'll get it right. And your children/other half will goggle in admiration. And you'll get a lovely smug warm feeling...!
      CommentAuthorTori
    • CommentTimeMay 4th, 2008 1:00pm (May 4th 2008)

Hehe ... RUNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNYYYYYYYYYYYYYY PPOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO !!!!!!!! :devil:

There runny poo is in another thread
    • CommentTimeMay 6th, 2008 4:29pm (May 6th 2008)

I wonder if there's any books on runny poo? There's a children's book on poo and all the different sorts of animal poos - i know because we bought my little cousins it :bigsmile:
    • CommentTimeMay 6th, 2008 4:31pm (May 6th 2008)

Runny the Pooh by AA Milne?
      CommentAuthorLuke
    • CommentTimeMay 6th, 2008 5:59pm (May 6th 2008) edited

:clap:

CommentAuthorTori
    • CommentTimeMay 6th, 2008 6:49pm (May 6th 2008)

This weeks topic is all about your pets. I have a cat called Jemima and 2 goldfish which got muddled up with these other fish which died and are now referred to as fishy # 1 and fishy # 2 hehe.
    • CommentTimeMay 6th, 2008 7:06pm (May 6th 2008)

BRILLIANT Luke! LMAO!!!!

I have Emmett (fat cat), Foggy (evil cat), Patrick and Molly (girl rats). Used to have Joey (who was put to sleep last month) and his brother Frankie (who died 7 years ago) both sons of Foggy. Jinks was with us for a short time - gorgeous ginger cat who left home to find better accommodation elsewhere (I hope).

As a child I had Judy - my favourite pet ever (sorry others!) She was just the best dog in the world. Also Prince, Fluffy, Beauty and Cherry (cats).
    • CommentTimeMay 6th, 2008 8:03pm (May 6th 2008) edited

Luke; I bet Diane prints that off and puts it on her wall...:thumbup:
    Livia and Onion, the chickens; Gingerbits and Tuppence the cats; Willow and Dini (short for Houdini) the rabbits. And Eric. And a harvest spider in the bathroom who is TAUNTING me. And making me take v. short baths.
    • CommentTimeMay 6th, 2008 8:25pm (May 6th 2008)

As a child had a tortie cat who had loads of kittens, we thought about 200.
    Also a series of long haired tortiose shells, reputed to be swimming cats, though we found they didn't like being wet. They loved Golden Syrup so we smeared it on their ruff to get them to clean it.
    Bred Pekinese dogs. Then later Burmese cats.
    Now just have a few fish in my garden pool (really an ex-bath)
    • CommentTimeMay 6th, 2008 8:53pm (May 6th 2008)

Don't you miss all the dogs and cats Ollie?
    • CommentTimeMay 6th, 2008 8:56pm (May 6th 2008)

My daughter now has a pair of Burmese cats, identical to the ones I had. She lives 100yards away so I go there for a regular cuddle - Oh, I cuddle the family too.
    • CommentTimeMay 6th, 2008 8:58pm (May 6th 2008)

Nooooo...you might catch things! Animals are safer... ;)
      CommentAuthorDianeonWhidbey
    • CommentTimeMay 7th, 2008 10:26am (May 7th 2008) edited

Luke. Luke. Luke....

Okay, animules. Lets see, currently: Holly Near (the dog), Martin Luther King, Jr (cat), Maya Angelo (cat), Tubbles (guest cat), Catfish (guest cat), Lilly (nearly invisible guest cat), Sydney (the yard squirrels-all named Sydney), the newly arrived Milton (the chipmunk, named after Milly), and 100s of yard birds. Passed away and still very missed: Winnie Mandela (calico cat) and Judy Davis (abyssinian cat) and Ichi (my sweet little goldfish.) Childhood - well much to numerous to list but: Mittens (my first cat, who lived with me for 15 years) Alice and Taffy (two of my dogs.) Cookie, Peregrine, King - my sisters' horses. Untold other cats, rabbits, hamsters, rats and fish. A porcupine, briefly. And, somewhat like CC, daddy long legged spiders get certain sections of the house to hang their webs. And they seem to stay there, which is greatly appreciated.
    • CommentTimeMay 7th, 2008 10:49am (May 7th 2008)

I like your naming all the yard squirels Sidney.
    I call all my domestic appliances Eileen, after the African maid in a house in South Africa. (1980's) She did everything - right to the point of taking offence if you picked up your discarded clothes. She lived in a tiny shed in a far corner of the garden.
    • CommentTimeMay 7th, 2008 4:11pm (May 7th 2008)

Milly, Tilly and Penny. Sunny,Scotty, Midget, Pappy & Daisy. Molly, Patch & Jayden. And Domino.

Then there's Elvis who pops round to say hello, Megan (puddy cat who lives next door) and a horse i named Alfie who i used to cuddle everyday when i walked home, but he has gone now :( There were three calves i named Robin, Little John and Tuck as well, but they got made into burgers :(

There are some new calves in the field nearby though, i took my parents to see them last night and dad took some pics. They only look a few days old, they were jumping about and playing with each other. I wanted to bring them all home, mum's included :heartsabove:
      CommentAuthorTori
    • CommentTimeMay 7th, 2008 6:45pm (May 7th 2008)

Awww there was a baby horse (forgot what you call the new ones) the other day in the field across the road from my school and it was soooo cute. It was still wet and everything. :heartsabove:
      CommentAuthorTori
    • CommentTimeMay 7th, 2008 6:58pm (May 7th 2008)

Hi dudes ermmm I found a short collection of photos of pets in funny costumes like a dog dressed up in a hot dog outfit and stuffs heehee

• CommentTimeMay 7th, 2008 10:29pm (May 7th 2008)

A foal Vicki. Must've just been born if it was still wet (unless you'd had bad weather of course!!!)
      CommentAuthorDianeonWhidbey
    • CommentTimeMay 8th, 2008 4:48am (May 8th 2008)

Or a colt.
    • CommentTimeMay 8th, 2008 4:24pm (May 8th 2008)

There was a foal in the field on the way to school the other day that looked pretty much newborn, couldn't even walk properly yet. Saw it again this morning and it looks like a totally different foal - up and runny chasing after its mum!
    • CommentTimeMay 8th, 2008 5:41pm (May 8th 2008)

Runny? Diane might be interested in that...:devil:
    • CommentAuthorSweetPea
    • CommentTimeMay 8th, 2008 5:46pm (May 8th 2008)

Our family is growing at Good Cheer Farm. We got 10 chicks a few weeks ago from a friend (I think) and turns out there are 4 cockerels and 6 hens from what we can tell. All but one of the hens are buff cochins so they aren't great egg layers but nice chickens. So yesterday, I went to the farm store and got 6 pullets. So now we have 16 chickens! We also have a miniature horse named Sir Whitesocks, 4 pygmy goats - Tyler, Tinkerbell, Sweet William and Sweet Pea and 2 cocker spaniels Jake and Sam. It's a wonderful life on the farm!
    • CommentTimeMay 8th, 2008 6:06pm (May 8th 2008)

Can we interest you in 4 more cockerels...?:)
    • CommentAuthorSweetPea
    • CommentTimeMay 8th, 2008 6:48pm (May 8th 2008)

That would be a negative! ;-)
    • CommentTimeMay 8th, 2008 8:17pm (May 8th 2008)

So you post in the name of your goat?!!

I see there are no cats at Good Cheer Farm - would you like to explain why? Me being a cat lover and wondering why they're not included on the ark, I mean farm?!!!! ;)
    • CommentAuthorSweetPea
    • CommentTimeMay 8th, 2008 9:23pm (May 8th 2008)

I had the nick name before the goat ;-) I liked it so I shared it! Cats are all around us, they just aren't ours. They occasionally go in the barn and I have watched them catch mice after they watch them under the snow! I have had many cats in my life, just not any right now. ;-)
    • CommentTimeMay 8th, 2008 10:02pm (May 8th 2008)

Its a great nick name - did you get it from an endearing grandparent or is it more interesting than that?!

That's OK then, as long as you're not a cat-hater like Wazza. We have to get
    CC to make Bits sit on his lap and such like just to teach him a lesson!
    • CommentTimeMay 10th, 2008 10:35pm (May 10th 2008)

Scarlet had been babysitting Joe throughout the day whilst, and then when me and Helen got back we walked back home with him and he rode Scarlet's bike. On the way back we walked past Elvis' house to admire his cage, and he flew over to see us. We even chatted to his owner and were shocked to hear someone has complained to the council about Elvis and the RSPCA have complained to his owner too! (there'll be a blog post about this later, as we may need your help!)

Afterwards we were walking past the farm and Elvis flew by and landed above us in a tree. Scarlet held her arm up to him, and he actually climbed down the tree onto her arm!! Thankfully I had my camera with me, and was able to get some photos and video footage of this HUGE beautiful parrot on her arm! I will try post them tomorrow :)
    • CommentTimeMay 10th, 2008 11:50pm (May 10th 2008)

I'll be watching out for your blog Neil - why on earth would someone complain about a parrot free-flying?! Look forward to seeing the pictures.
      CommentAuthorDianeonWhidbey
    • CommentTimeMay 11th, 2008 6:29am (May 11th 2008)

No way - someone doesn't like Elvis? That's insane. Lock 'em up.
      CommentAuthorTori
    • CommentTimeMay 11th, 2008 9:10am (May 11th 2008)

I wish there was a massive parrot flying around my estate thing. It would liven things up !! heeheee
    • CommentTimeMay 12th, 2008 4:47pm (May 12th 2008) edited

This weeks topic is all about your favourite sandwich filling. I love chocolate spread , jam , lemon curd stuff , marmalade , tuna & mayonaise , banana , crisp , smarties and cheese (dont ask ! )andd this meat - free chicken thingy !
    • CommentTimeMay 12th, 2008 5:19pm (May 12th 2008)

Fish fingers, salt & vinegar. Mmmmmm......
    • CommentTimeMay 12th, 2008 7:49pm (May 12th 2008)

Hmm, either lettuce or boiled egg. Though for work its usually crisps.
    • CommentTimeMay 12th, 2008 8:36pm (May 12th 2008) edited

I'm not a big sandwich eater, can't handle large amounts of bread but you can't beat a mashed banana sandwich that must be in some kind of brown nutty bread...

:swingin:
      CommentAuthorTori
    • CommentTimeMay 12th, 2008 8:59pm (May 12th 2008)

Dont you mean banana bread. Its like a cake thing with nuts in mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
      CommentAuthornancy
    • CommentTimeMay 12th, 2008 9:16pm (May 12th 2008)

tuna sandwich
      CommentAuthorTori
    • CommentTimeMay 12th, 2008 9:32pm (May 12th 2008)

200th comment yay random !!!!!!!