Site Tag Cloud

• CommentAuthorShobhna
    • CommentTimeAug 3rd, 2009 1:22pm (Aug 3rd 2009)

cheese and apple sandwiches.....
    • CommentTimeAug 3rd, 2009 11:20pm (Aug 3rd 2009)

Come on Jonny, we're waiting ... [taps foot impatiently!]
      CommentAuthorDianeonWhidbey
    • CommentTimeAug 4th, 2009 2:17am (Aug 4th 2009) edited

Oh good. I've gotten in under the wire, as I haven't yet answered the fruity question. APPLES (a half of one, two tablespoons of plain yogurt, and a small handful of raw cashews.) Heaven. Although Honey Dew and Watermelon are very very yummy indeed. To say nothing of candy flavored like watermelon.

:woohoo:

CommentAuthorJonny
    • CommentTimeAug 4th, 2009 6:35am (Aug 4th 2009) edited

Welcome to [Jonny's] random discussion page. The random topic will change every Monday [or early Tuesday morning EST in this case!!]. This weeks topic:

Fruit Smoothies or Milkshakes. OK nom nom ... I like to nom Smoothies the best I'z cuz they iss sooo randomly delicious. Nom-nom.. :)

Vicky-kins will return next week...
    • CommentTimeAug 4th, 2009 7:47am (Aug 4th 2009)

Make mine a Milkshake, Jonny..chocolate would be nice.:bigsmile:
      CommentAuthorJonny
    • CommentTimeAug 4th, 2009 12:22pm (Aug 4th 2009)

One super-duper cold chocolate milkshake coming up!
    • CommentTimeAug 4th, 2009 1:38pm (Aug 4th 2009)

oooh that's a tough one...smoothies, cos they're nice and most tend to be vegan.

But TGI's maltesar (sp?) milkshakes aggggh they were the nicest things ever :(
    • CommentTimeAug 4th, 2009 2:17pm (Aug 4th 2009)

Nice cold smoothie for me please
    • CommentTimeAug 4th, 2009 6:47pm (Aug 4th 2009)

Jonny, EXCELLENT impersonation, darling...:D
    Banana milkshake, please...:heart:
      CommentAuthorAce
    • CommentTimeAug 4th, 2009 9:55pm (Aug 4th 2009) edited

Strawberry or chocolate milkshake for me, please.
    • CommentTimeAug 4th, 2009 10:59pm (Aug 4th 2009)

I thought Vicky was back with us when I read that Jonny!

Milkshake for me - I like the McD's thick shakes, though I think they're just runny ice cream really. Not keen on smoothies.
    • CommentTimeAug 4th, 2009 11:59pm (Aug 4th 2009) edited

I remember the first time I had a chocolate McD's shake - my dad had taken me to his old work to watch Matrix on a big screen thing there. Strange how we remember stuff like that, isn't it?
      CommentAuthorJonny
    • CommentTimeAug 5th, 2009 12:54am (Aug 5th 2009) edited

Posted By: chief chickenJonny, EXCELLENT impersonation, darling.

Ahh Thank YOU! [*bows*] I'z goodz at stuffz likes that..nom..nom... OMG..so randoooom! kpeace!
      CommentAuthorJonny
    • CommentTimeAug 5th, 2009 1:03am (Aug 5th 2009)

Two smoothies and 3 milkshakes coming up!!
      CommentAuthorJonny
    • CommentTimeAug 5th, 2009 1:09am (Aug 5th 2009) edited

For Ace,kateb,NN,Scarl:

For CC:

And for Lynn:

I'z stolz themz.. :)
      CommentAuthorDianeonWhidbey
    • CommentTimeAug 5th, 2009 2:39am (Aug 5th 2009)

Chocolate milkshake for me. My sister used to make the best ones! Nice and lumpy.
    • CommentTimeAug 5th, 2009 11:13am (Aug 5th 2009)

a nice fruit smoothy please
    • CommentTimeAug 5th, 2009 1:45pm (Aug 5th 2009)

Jonny you got more orders...and i'll have another one too pleeease :hungry:
    • CommentAuthorTracyB
    • CommentTimeAug 5th, 2009 7:36pm (Aug 5th 2009)

Strawberry milkshake for hum...humor you could make me a strawberry smoothie and then turn it in to a daquari (sp) even better.
      CommentAuthorVictoria
    • CommentTimeAug 6th, 2009 11:19am (Aug 6th 2009) edited

Posted By: Jonny
    I'z stolz themz.

Nearly laughed my cup of tea everywhere reading that.
    I prefer milkshakes to smoothies. Especially chocolate ones.
    • CommentTimeAug 6th, 2009 9:52pm (Aug 6th 2009)

Come on Jonny you are getting behind on your orders and I am ready for another smoothie now !!! Thinking about it I might join Tracy in a daquari please xx
      CommentAuthorJonny
    • CommentTimeAug 8th, 2009 10:35pm (Aug 8th 2009)

Ahhhh!! I'll get right on it ladies!!
    • CommentTimeAug 9th, 2009 6:01pm (Aug 9th 2009)

And if Vicki isn't back tomorrow we might need another topic...:tooth:
    • CommentTimeAug 9th, 2009 9:24pm (Aug 9th 2009)

Ha ha thats right CC, so best get your thinking cap on Jonny just in case.
      CommentAuthorTori
    • CommentTimeAug 10th, 2009 3:51pm (Aug 10th 2009)

Hai peeps I just got back todaayyy at abouts 12 in the lunch time hehe aannyyways Id better tink of a topic for this week as its monday I thinkk :)
      CommentAuthorTori
    • CommentTimeAug 10th, 2009 3:57pm (Aug 10th 2009)

Welcome to Vicki's random discussion page. The random topic will change every monday. This weeks topic is kit kat or kinder bueno well peoples , I equally like both and Im nomming a kit kat now that I just boughts at a mini tesco somewhere but kinder buenos are more erm creamy and nom so theres the answer everybody woo
    • CommentTimeAug 10th, 2009 4:06pm (Aug 10th 2009)

Kit kat, i reckon. Hmmmm, kit kat chunky...
      CommentAuthorAce
    • CommentTimeAug 10th, 2009 4:17pm (Aug 10th 2009)

Kinder Bueno. ;)
    • CommentTimeAug 10th, 2009 4:32pm (Aug 10th 2009)

Did I mention what a reactionary old bag I am?
    • CommentTimeAug 10th, 2009 4:33pm (Aug 10th 2009)

CommentAuthorTori
    • CommentTimeAug 10th, 2009 8:14pm (Aug 10th 2009) edited

Posted By: chief chickenPS Vicki - don't you think Our Jonny did a magic job? Are you going to appoint him as your Official Deputy?

oh yaa CC I hereby appoint mr Jonny as mah official deputy wooo

glitter-graphics.com
    • CommentTimeAug 10th, 2009 8:24pm (Aug 10th 2009)

Hope you had a real good holiday Vicki and well done getting yourself an official deputy. Well I adore chocolate but have to be careful due to the old gluten prob; soooo I know I can not have the kit-cat cos of the wafer, but am unsure about the kinder bueno I will have a look at the wrapper next time I go to the shops.
    • CommentAuthorvolka
    • CommentTimeAug 10th, 2009 9:31pm (Aug 10th 2009)

Dark chocolate kit kat every time!!
    • CommentTimeAug 10th, 2009 9:53pm (Aug 10th 2009)

Posted By: chief chickenKitKat proper ordinary with PROPER FOIL and a paper wrapper, not this health & safety cobblers.
    Did I mention what a reactionary old bag I am?

Here here! I'm joining the revolution CC!! Kit kats rool OK!!
    • CommentTimeAug 10th, 2009 10:28pm (Aug 10th 2009)

Why what are they like these days CC - the packets, that is? :confused:

(hasn't eaten kit kat since pre-vegan days :P )
    • CommentTimeAug 10th, 2009 11:02pm (Aug 10th 2009)

I'm still wading through last week's posts... so...

Can't stand milk shakes, smoothies or anything like that.
    Like eating vommit.

Sorry folks.
    • CommentTimeAug 11th, 2009 1:06am (Aug 11th 2009)

Posted By: volkaDark chocolate kit kat every time!!

OMG dark choc Kit Kat that would be so yummy, I must go hunting for that variety in the wilds of Oz as I love dark choc.
    • CommentTimeAug 11th, 2009 1:07am (Aug 11th 2009)

well done Jonny, he did do a great job babysitting the thread for you Vicki.
    • CommentAuthorShobhna
    • CommentTimeAug 11th, 2009 9:18am (Aug 11th 2009)

Kit kat proper like CC mentions. I don't like the new facny sealed wp ones. I want the old ones back. :-)
      CommentAuthorTori
    • CommentTimeAug 11th, 2009 3:19pm (Aug 11th 2009)

Sorry about this but I need to change the discussion nnooww its an emergency sorry peopleesssss ok sooo I was finally able to buy a hamster today because I missed my other one that died when I was like 10 or something and I have no idea what to name it ??!?!?! Welll its a girl (I think) and its half albino with tinted red eyes and half white and half light brown body so erm haylp mee dudes !!! :chinchilla::mouse2:
      CommentAuthorDianeonWhidbey
    • CommentTimeAug 11th, 2009 3:57pm (Aug 11th 2009)

I think a great name for a girl hamster would be: Hamlet.

Don't know what a Kinder Bueno is ... so, KIT KAT!

Congrats on your promotion, Jonny :) Nice job! :)

• CommentTimeAug 11th, 2009 4:59pm (Aug 11th 2009)

Posted By: RedWhy what are they like these days CC - the packets, that is

Nasty boring paper packets.:(

Posted By: ollie in UKLike eating vommit.

Wouldn't know, but I bow to your superior knowledge and experience...:D

Oinketta The Guinea Pig.
    • CommentTimeAug 11th, 2009 7:37pm (Aug 11th 2009)

I saw Oinketta the guinea pig and was puzzled....... Ha ha but am on course now. you could call it Miss Ran Dom
    • CommentAuthorTracyB
    • CommentTimeAug 11th, 2009 8:35pm (Aug 11th 2009)

KitKat for me - I have to say I really like the peanut butter chunky one at the moment. Can we have a picture of the hamster - I find it easier to make a suggestion if I can see the dear little critter (what am i talking about -I've had 10 heans for nearly 3 months now and only 4 of them are named... :-) )
    • CommentTimeAug 11th, 2009 9:08pm (Aug 11th 2009)

You're just taking your time getting to know the characters before you name them, Tracy. Either that or you just haven't got a circular tuit...
      CommentAuthorVictoria
    • CommentTimeAug 12th, 2009 12:11pm (Aug 12th 2009)

Useful things, them.

I was going to suggest Bob, until I noticed the hamster is a girl. Bah.
    • CommentAuthorvolka
    • CommentTimeAug 12th, 2009 12:16pm (Aug 12th 2009)

Hamster name: what about Marble? Only going by my limited experience of hamsters but they've always been rolled up in a tight ball not doing much! And, of course, who remembers those giant marbles that were half one colour and half the other?

I think they banned them in the end because they were dangerous (or was that just in our house?!)
    • CommentTimeAug 12th, 2009 2:05pm (Aug 12th 2009) edited

Posted By: DianeonWhidbeyI think a great name for a girl hamster would be: Hamlet.

As soon as I saw this question Diane I thought of Hamlet that is funny especially as part of my email address is Hamlet!!!! Great minds think alike. :chinchilla::smile:
    • CommentTimeAug 12th, 2009 2:07pm (Aug 12th 2009)

oh my comment and the quote both look the same???
      CommentAuthorDianeonWhidbey
    • CommentTimeAug 12th, 2009 4:05pm (Aug 12th 2009)

That's hilarious, Julie. Two votes for Hamlet then!
    • CommentTimeAug 12th, 2009 4:49pm (Aug 12th 2009)

Can I vote for Oinketta again then? :tooth:
    • CommentTimeAug 12th, 2009 8:12pm (Aug 12th 2009)

Posted By: Trevs Mumoh my comment and the quote both look the same???

Sorted it Julie ^__^

Your message got mixed up with the quote so needed a bit of a faff to sort it out...ah, the technical lingo!! :D
    • CommentTimeAug 12th, 2009 8:17pm (Aug 12th 2009) edited

Octavia (Tavie)
    Pickles
    Tammy
    Wicka
    Zelda
    Zoe

Was trying to think of a name for every letter :D
    • CommentTimeAug 12th, 2009 9:25pm (Aug 12th 2009)

Julie, Kiki, queenie,Violet,xena. My capital letter thing's playing up.:rant_red2:
    • CommentTimeAug 12th, 2009 9:28pm (Aug 12th 2009)

Hamsters always remind me of Tribbles from Star Trek! Do you want a 'proper' name (i.e. a human name) for her, or an animal/made up name.
    • CommentTimeAug 13th, 2009 12:21am (Aug 13th 2009)

Some great names in there folks, I like Pickles, Red and Violet of course CC.
      CommentAuthorTori
    • CommentTimeAug 13th, 2009 6:42pm (Aug 13th 2009)

hello everybody I well hmm my mother has decided to call teh hamster Molly. P.S.. sorry KateB that you kinda erm copyrighted the name Molly for your mouse but my mum thought of it and it kinda stuck ty and the discussion thingy will now return to normall
    • CommentTimeAug 13th, 2009 7:58pm (Aug 13th 2009)

Oh never mind Viki it was fun thinking of the names. You will have to get a photo of Molly for us all so we can see her. I love hamsters they are so sweet and make me laugh when they fill their cheeks with food.
    • CommentTimeAug 13th, 2009 11:04pm (Aug 13th 2009)

Molly is a lovely name Vicki and I'm very glad your mom chose it for your girl. Red's mouse was called Molly too! (My Molly was a rat!)
      CommentAuthorTori
    • CommentTimeAug 15th, 2009 10:18pm (Aug 15th 2009)

hehe yay for Mollys:rat::chinchilla:
    • CommentTimeAug 16th, 2009 3:27am (Aug 16th 2009)

How is Molly settling in, Vicki?
      CommentAuthorTori
    • CommentTimeAug 17th, 2009 10:20pm (Aug 17th 2009)

oo very well CC every night I have a taming session with her in the bath (its empty :) ) and im making good progress hehe oh and sorry im a bt late at changing the topic Il think of a new one right away yay
      CommentAuthorTori
    • CommentTimeAug 17th, 2009 11:06pm (Aug 17th 2009)

Welcome to Vicki's random discussion page. The random topic will change every monday. This weeks topic is photographs or paintings it took me ages to think of this (not very good though and still very randomly rubbish) weeelll I think I prefer photographs because as the random saying goes --memories fade but photos last forever hm did I just make that up aargh er im not sure anyways I will post photos of Molly asap and as soon as I can find my mothers new digital camera tehe :_photos::laugh:
      CommentAuthorDianeonWhidbey
    • CommentTimeAug 18th, 2009 1:43am (Aug 18th 2009)

A taming session with a hamster in a bathtub? That's hilarious.

Ack - I think this one is a difficult choice this week, Vicki. Hmmm: Paintings? Photos? Paintings? I pick photos. I like to take them; my favorite hobby. And, in the big picture (sorry, horrible horrible pun) I like more photos than I do paintings...

We definitely NEED Molly pix. They will be our first hamster photos, won't they?

CommentAuthorDianeonWhidbey
    • CommentTimeAug 18th, 2009 1:45am (Aug 18th 2009)

Posted By: RedAriel
    Octavia (Tavie)
    Pickles
    Tammy
    Wicka
    Zelda
    Zoe

Was trying to think of a name for every letter

Good lord - I missed this. Amazing.

• CommentTimeAug 18th, 2009 3:07am (Aug 18th 2009)

Paintings...no electrickery/technology!
    • CommentTimeAug 18th, 2009 4:55am (Aug 18th 2009)

Funny isn't it Diane A to Z of something, I sometimes have given a card to a friend and done this:

D ear friend
    I love her
    A lways there for me
    N ever judges me
    E ars that listen

Dear
    Imaginative
    Awesome
    Neat
    Entertaining

ummmm after all that
    my favourite would be paintings. :Chevy_anim:
    • CommentAuthorShobhna
    • CommentTimeAug 18th, 2009 1:02pm (Aug 18th 2009) edited

both. paintings and photographs...

• CommentTimeAug 18th, 2009 5:20pm (Aug 18th 2009)

Photos. I love looking at photos, goofy family ones and artsy landscape ones. You can get just about any emotion or memory into a photo.
    • CommentAuthorvolka
    • CommentTimeAug 18th, 2009 7:00pm (Aug 18th 2009)

Hmm, it's a bit subjective really, this one. Depends on the artist and the subject. I mean, I love the Renaissance painters but not the Impressionists. Hate modern painted portraits but old photo portraits are fascinating. Photos for capturing memories, paintings for capturing emotions?
    • CommentTimeAug 18th, 2009 7:32pm (Aug 18th 2009)

Posted By: init sisterand CC, please let me know when you have the bunny. I'll come round to do some photos, and help you demolish a bottle or two of grape juice.

I'll fetch the corkscrew then, shall I?:tooth:
    • CommentTimeAug 18th, 2009 9:40pm (Aug 18th 2009)

I like some paintings - not modern ones though generally. But I'd have to choose photos too. More portable to show to friends too!
    • CommentTimeAug 18th, 2009 11:14pm (Aug 18th 2009)

I love photos taking them and looking at them. I also like paintings such skill capturing the moment with brush and paint.
    • CommentTimeAug 19th, 2009 4:23pm (Aug 19th 2009)

Daughter bought me a set of oil paints while we were on holiday.

I produced two odd pictures, one of the swim pool and one of a planter, I drew the planter but the flowers were purely in oils.

Even though I went to Art School for some time I never got into oil painting - much prefer drawing.

I have just bought a phone with a camera and just got the pics onto the pooter... oooh, that reminds me.......
    • CommentTimeAug 19th, 2009 9:42pm (Aug 19th 2009)

Oh it would be a real treat to see your photo's Ollie.
    • CommentTimeAug 19th, 2009 9:44pm (Aug 19th 2009)

:iagree:
      CommentAuthorhello people=p
    • CommentTimeAug 23rd, 2009 8:17pm (Aug 23rd 2009)

vicki i still cant believe you put your hamster in the bath... lol i just realised i've still got teeth marks on my finger from molly from 10 day s ago :tongue_smilie:
      CommentAuthorTori
    • CommentTimeAug 23rd, 2009 8:20pm (Aug 23rd 2009)

hehe she was only nibbling your finger because she thought it was a nice nommy carrot to er nnoom on :)
      CommentAuthorTori
    • CommentTimeAug 24th, 2009 6:57pm (Aug 24th 2009)

Welcome to Vicki's random discussion page. The random topic will change every monday. This weeks topic is pickles oor raisins hmm oo its random as usual anyways I prefer raisins because they is sweeter and fruitier and I think theyre healthier than pickles but Im not sure and erm I dont like pickles specially monster munch bleurgh heehee
      CommentAuthorAce
    • CommentTimeAug 24th, 2009 7:23pm (Aug 24th 2009)

Raisins. :)
    • CommentTimeAug 24th, 2009 7:41pm (Aug 24th 2009)

No real preference Viki as I will eat either.
    • CommentTimeAug 24th, 2009 7:58pm (Aug 24th 2009)

Both! But pickle if you made me choose one...
    • CommentAuthorTracyB
    • CommentTimeAug 24th, 2009 7:59pm (Aug 24th 2009)

pickle for me with a nice few bits of cheese. :-) hum
    • CommentTimeAug 24th, 2009 11:28pm (Aug 24th 2009)

Do pickled onions count? Haven't had one for ages - must get some when I go shopping!
      CommentAuthorJonny
    • CommentTimeAug 25th, 2009 12:59am (Aug 25th 2009)

Oh Vicki!! Such wonderful randomness!! good job!!

I think I'd prefer pickles (with cheddar cheese).. on a baguette...with..uhm pastrami (Montreal style)...
    • CommentTimeAug 25th, 2009 6:56am (Aug 25th 2009)

Make mine a pickle..I love them.
    • CommentTimeAug 25th, 2009 9:38am (Aug 25th 2009)

That reminds me next month traditional pickled onion making month. unless you shop at Sainsburys of course ha ha
    • CommentTimeAug 25th, 2009 11:47am (Aug 25th 2009)

pickles yes yes.
      CommentAuthorVictoria
    • CommentTimeAug 25th, 2009 7:56pm (Aug 25th 2009)

Pickle with cheese, raisins in mincemeat.
    Gah, I'm now imagining a mince pie full of sugar and spice and gherkins and pickled onions and pickled cabbage and... *sobbing*
    • CommentTimeAug 25th, 2009 9:16pm (Aug 25th 2009)

Pull yerself together woman...pregnant women eat that sort of muck all the time...:D
    • CommentTimeAug 25th, 2009 10:00pm (Aug 25th 2009)

Oh Victoria what are you doing to yourself... talk about torture by food !!!!
    • CommentAuthorShobhna
    • CommentTimeAug 26th, 2009 1:55pm (Aug 26th 2009)

Pickles....any time. :-)
    I expect you mean all sorts of pickles.I make mine at home. Much more fun because I know what I have put in it. :-)
    • CommentTimeAug 26th, 2009 7:06pm (Aug 26th 2009)

Neither. But i do like gherkins!
    • CommentTimeAug 26th, 2009 7:40pm (Aug 26th 2009)

Gherkins are pickles!
    • CommentTimeAug 26th, 2009 8:16pm (Aug 26th 2009)

Really?! Bwahahaha :rolling:

Well i like pickles then :blush:
    • CommentTimeAug 26th, 2009 9:01pm (Aug 26th 2009)

:\Wazzock...:D :tooth:
    • CommentTimeAug 26th, 2009 9:04pm (Aug 26th 2009)

I don't quite understand this question.

Branston Pickle goes into a cheese sandwich.
    A raisin goes into a Christmas cake.

There's no comparison - squeak. (ref to a UK tv advert)
    • CommentAuthorTracyB
    • CommentTimeAug 26th, 2009 9:04pm (Aug 26th 2009)

Now there's a word I haven't heard in a long time. Pillock was always a good one as well.
    • CommentTimeAug 26th, 2009 9:09pm (Aug 26th 2009)

I think it boils down to whether you're a sweet or savoury person.
    And I ain't sweet...:)
    Yes, pillock's an excellent one, Tracy. We're trying to teach Diane to speak English, and I hope she adds those to her vocabulary book...along with plonker...
    • CommentAuthorTracyB
    • CommentTimeAug 26th, 2009 9:12pm (Aug 26th 2009)

mmmm.... i'll have a think and see what other gems I can come up with - all in aid of international relations of course. HOw about ejit.