Site Tag Cloud

• CommentTimeJan 7th, 2010 5:06pm (Jan 7th 2010)

:rofl: Ha ha you made it with style Ollie. We have had the gritter down our road again today, twice in a week thats a plus. I did have to laugh at your comment about someone from the council living down you street!!! We had the bins emptied yesterday as well. I didnt expect them down as it was so bad. Sounds as if we got the same amount of snow as you Ollie.
    • CommentTimeJan 7th, 2010 5:56pm (Jan 7th 2010)

Posted By: ollie in UK Roads vary a lot depending on how much they are being used. Mine has had a snowplough a few times and gritter wagon too. There must be someone living down here who is on the council... Next street hasn't had any treatment.

What a cynic! :rolling: So you and NN have really had a meet then, Ollie?
    • CommentTimeJan 7th, 2010 6:37pm (Jan 7th 2010)

Ollie said we are Soul sisters some time back, so it must be a meeting of the minds CC and no I didnt arrive in Ollies street in a gritter wagon although she would have thought it a good wheeze if I had of done !!! we wouldn't have had to worry about icy pavements then would we Ollie ?
    • CommentTimeJan 7th, 2010 6:52pm (Jan 7th 2010)

How far apart do you live then?
    • CommentTimeJan 7th, 2010 8:12pm (Jan 7th 2010)

About sixty five miles CC, roughly an hour and twenty minutes with a southerly wind I should reckon.
    • CommentTimeJan 7th, 2010 8:21pm (Jan 7th 2010)

Posted By: nanny northan hour and twenty minutes with a southerly wind I should reckon.

Going by broomstick then? :rolling:
    • CommentTimeJan 7th, 2010 8:24pm (Jan 7th 2010)

That's for sure especially in this slippy weather and the roads hardly gritted makes the old legs ache taking off though and Sootz dont help much he just crouches in the bristles smirking.
    • CommentTimeJan 7th, 2010 8:29pm (Jan 7th 2010)

We saw a man making besom brooms in the summer...Eric asked me if I needed a new bike...:mad::)
    • CommentTimeJan 7th, 2010 8:39pm (Jan 7th 2010)

CC this is me waiting for Sootz to take the photo before he hopped on board for the trip over to Bradford Ha ha
      Wicked_Witch-broomstick.jpg
    • CommentTimeJan 7th, 2010 8:41pm (Jan 7th 2010)

Well next time say yes then we can meet half way for a brew !!!
    • CommentTimeJan 7th, 2010 8:41pm (Jan 7th 2010)

:rolling:
    • CommentTimeJan 7th, 2010 8:41pm (Jan 7th 2010) edited

Reminds me when I came home from Teneriffe on a plane with a besom as hand luggage. Told them that it was instead of insurance. They seemed to believe me!

BTW - Real witches ride with the bristles in front...
    • CommentTimeJan 7th, 2010 8:46pm (Jan 7th 2010)

sounds a tad painful Ollie
    • CommentTimeJan 7th, 2010 9:21pm (Jan 7th 2010)

Posted By: ollie in UK Real witches ride with the bristles in front

No I don't...:) What about aerodynamics?
    • CommentTimeJan 7th, 2010 9:23pm (Jan 7th 2010)

Aerodynamics have no effect on witches....
    • CommentTimeJan 7th, 2010 9:28pm (Jan 7th 2010)

:tooth:you just got to trim your bristles up CC
    • CommentTimeJan 7th, 2010 9:48pm (Jan 7th 2010)

What, shave me legs?????:gasp:
    • CommentTimeJan 7th, 2010 9:54pm (Jan 7th 2010)

yes if it helps for a nice smooth ride CC
    • CommentTimeJan 8th, 2010 3:55pm (Jan 8th 2010)

Never helped in me biking days...I just relied on the engine! :D
    • CommentTimeJan 8th, 2010 7:48pm (Jan 8th 2010)

Me neither but never wore robes for that ha ha
    • CommentTimeJan 8th, 2010 9:19pm (Jan 8th 2010)

What? You went "Oven ready"???
    • CommentTimeJan 9th, 2010 11:36am (Jan 9th 2010)

Nooo !!!! that would have caused accidents Ollie as every one would have been laughing so hard. I was meaning robes are for broomsticks and leathers for biking. Wish I could still get into mine they would be nice and warm for mucking the chickens out, which is my next job when I have finished my coffee.
      CommentAuthorTori
    • CommentTimeJan 11th, 2010 9:40pm (Jan 11th 2010)

heeheeee nom :L Welcome to Vicki's random discussion page. The random topic will change every monday. This weeks topic is breakfast nom nom nom well er what do you like to eat for breakfast =L random topic again but erm I usually have any random cereal (specially coco pops but mah mother never ever gets them) err toast yayh and that porridge stuff with fruit in and syrup a nooooooom hehehe
    • CommentTimeJan 11th, 2010 10:03pm (Jan 11th 2010)

At home I prefer meusli with a grated apple and slightly warmed milk.

When I am in a hotel the nearest I can get to "An English" is plain scrambled egg, though lately have aquired a liking for chestnut mushrooms cooked in butter!!
    • CommentTimeJan 11th, 2010 10:25pm (Jan 11th 2010)

I can't eat when I first get up, but tend to be starving at about 9.30 when I'm at work. I used to take weetabix but its hard to do that now we're in an open plan office. Sometimes I like frosties, cornflakes, or ready brek in the winter!
    • CommentTimeJan 11th, 2010 11:32pm (Jan 11th 2010)

I like porridge in winter, or yoghurt with some fruit and muesli or toast with marmalade and quite enjoy eggs at the weekend with assorted accessories, ie: lightly sauteed spinach or mushrooms or baked beans with lots of toast.
    Used to hate brekky but realised it is important to start the day with something nommy.
    • CommentTimeJan 12th, 2010 2:33pm (Jan 12th 2010)

2 crumpets with butter. To be shared bewteen me and 2 cats...:\
      CommentAuthorDianeonWhidbey
    • CommentTimeJan 12th, 2010 5:57pm (Jan 12th 2010)

Two pieces of toast with peanut butter and (usually raspberry) jam and a cup of coffee, made in a French press. Unless I'm at the monastery. Then its gruel and fruit. And coffee.
    • CommentTimeJan 12th, 2010 6:53pm (Jan 12th 2010)

French press? Sounds painful. O I know, a cafetiere, where you squish it down after the coffee's festered for a bit, yes?
    • CommentTimeJan 12th, 2010 6:56pm (Jan 12th 2010)

I can not do breakfast only two cups of cofee. I usually have something about ten thirty either a banana or a couple of rice cakes.
    • CommentTimeJan 12th, 2010 6:57pm (Jan 12th 2010)

Rice cakes? The polysyrene things? Or NICE cakes?? :D
    • CommentTimeJan 12th, 2010 7:04pm (Jan 12th 2010)

No they are like polystyrene tasteless, but I can not eat bread so have to have something to hang my marmalade on.
    • CommentTimeJan 12th, 2010 7:23pm (Jan 12th 2010)

Just spoon it from jar to gob...:D
    • CommentTimeJan 12th, 2010 10:29pm (Jan 12th 2010)

My boss (who sits next to me) eats rice cakes and they stink!! THey make me feel sick to be honest. I buy plain ones for the rats, but the flavoured ones are horrible.
    • CommentTimeJan 13th, 2010 3:33pm (Jan 13th 2010)

I quite like the plain ones with butter and Bovril on...but only occasionally!
    • CommentAuthorTracyB
    • CommentTimeJan 13th, 2010 8:47pm (Jan 13th 2010)

bovril eeewwhhhhh.
    • CommentTimeJan 14th, 2010 3:00am (Jan 14th 2010)

Is Bovril like Bonox which we have here?. We have Bonox its a hot water drink but its a bit like our Vegemite which we all love here.nom nom.
    • CommentTimeJan 14th, 2010 5:02pm (Jan 14th 2010)

It's beef concentrate, Julie. You use it v. sparingly on bread, etc., and put it in gravy/stews.
    • CommentTimeJan 14th, 2010 8:18pm (Jan 14th 2010)

I don't care for the taste of Bovril but love marmite.
    • CommentTimeJan 14th, 2010 9:21pm (Jan 14th 2010)

You can also put bovril cubes in hot water and drink, as in Jasper Carrott's famous story about going to a Birmingham City away game and his friend shouting to him "'ay, Carrott, they ay got no cowin bovril". Its a staple drink inside the St Andrews ground!
    • CommentTimeJan 14th, 2010 9:25pm (Jan 14th 2010)

My Mum used to love drinking Bovril and we used to have it as kids cos it was good for us. Well we never thought it was of course!!!
    • CommentTimeJan 14th, 2010 9:27pm (Jan 14th 2010)

Bovril cubes?? I thought that was only Oxo?
    • CommentTimeJan 14th, 2010 9:32pm (Jan 14th 2010)

I'm sure I've seen Bovril ones?! Maybe I'm mistaken, we always buy Oxo, and I wouldn't dream of eating bovril on anything!!! Its a great drink for the winter and seems to stay hotter than tea or coffee when you're outside.
    • CommentTimeJan 14th, 2010 9:35pm (Jan 14th 2010)

*whisper* Actually, I like ch*cken Bovril and Oxo!:blush:
    • CommentTimeJan 14th, 2010 9:38pm (Jan 14th 2010)

ooooh you little tinker ha ha
    • CommentTimeJan 14th, 2010 9:40pm (Jan 14th 2010)

Don't tell anyone!
    • CommentTimeJan 15th, 2010 6:39am (Jan 15th 2010)

I haven't got the slightest idea what Bovril or Oxo is..you lost me there.

Clueless in Seattle.
    • CommentAuthorjef
    • CommentTimeJan 15th, 2010 4:02pm (Jan 15th 2010)

so you wont have tried pobs then, bet many peeps here dont know what that is either, even in yorkshire
    • CommentTimeJan 15th, 2010 5:28pm (Jan 15th 2010)

No go on Jef, wossa pob then?
    Lynn, Oxo and Bovril are both beef stock, Bovril is riunny in a jar and Oxo is in little foil-wrapped cubes which make a pint of beef stock. Or a half-pint of beef drink!
    • CommentTimeJan 15th, 2010 6:17pm (Jan 15th 2010)

Oh..ok CC, now I know what you are talking about..thanks for the info.
    • CommentTimeJan 15th, 2010 6:42pm (Jan 15th 2010)

We used to call bread and milk sops or pobs Jef, but I guess you could have it made with Oxo instead of milk.
    • CommentTimeJan 16th, 2010 3:07am (Jan 16th 2010)

Hi jef and welcome I dont think we have met, what is'pobs' no idea as I am an Aussie!!!!!
    • CommentAuthorjef
    • CommentTimeJan 16th, 2010 5:51pm (Jan 16th 2010)

a bowl of oxo, or i think you call it veggie mite, just put in pieces of bread, can be buttered, and eat, beats pot noodles, thats if veggie mite can be made into a drink.
    • CommentTimeJan 17th, 2010 1:03am (Jan 17th 2010) edited

yup Vegemite is an Aussie invention, black and thick and comes in a jar and kids here grow up on it. It can be mixed into hot water for a drink, simliar to Bonox I guess.
    Most of us love it on toast, dry biscuits or sandwiches, I like it with cheese nom nom.

Recently they tried to be clever and made one with the cheese mixed in but its not very popular. They had a competition for a name and some clever person came up with iSnack 2.0
    There was a huge public outcry, people hated the name, said its not an ipod its a food but the name didnt relate to food so.....after online and phone voting the name ,Vegemite Cheesybite, was overwhelmingly found to be the most popular. So dont play with our icon seems to be the message there.
    Must try your version when its cools down here.
      CommentAuthorJonny
    • CommentTimeJan 18th, 2010 7:29am (Jan 18th 2010)

MMmmm..Bovril..
    • CommentTimeJan 18th, 2010 5:58pm (Jan 18th 2010)

Can you get it in Canada, Jonny? What have you been up to?
    • CommentTimeJan 18th, 2010 7:53pm (Jan 18th 2010)

Hi Jonny you Ok ? it is good to see you past again
      CommentAuthorTori
    • CommentTimeJan 18th, 2010 8:26pm (Jan 18th 2010)

heeheeee nom :L Welcome to Vicki's random discussion page. The random topic will change every monday. This weeks topic is nutella. NOM does you like nutella as yum yum or yack yack ? Well I love it so yum yum but mah moother only bought in once ever in a tiny jar hehe but I eat it all quick enough :L
    • CommentTimeJan 18th, 2010 8:30pm (Jan 18th 2010)

Never tried it Vicki so I can't yum or yack!!!
    • CommentTimeJan 18th, 2010 8:30pm (Jan 18th 2010)

I love Nutella Vicki it is definately Yum yum.
    • CommentTimeJan 18th, 2010 8:58pm (Jan 18th 2010)

Ooo yes, definitely yum yum! :tongue_smilie:
      CommentAuthorDianeonWhidbey
    • CommentTimeJan 19th, 2010 6:15pm (Jan 19th 2010) edited

Nutella. That has ... ooo not sure I can say it ... ... hazelnuts in it, yah? I think all ... those things should be shot into outer space. Especially any of them which are destined to interfere with CHOCOLATE! :shocked:
    • CommentTimeJan 19th, 2010 9:22pm (Jan 19th 2010)

Talking of chocolate, can you believe that the Cadbury's board are selling out to Kraft!! NOOOOO!!!
    • CommentTimeJan 20th, 2010 2:53am (Jan 20th 2010)

That is just so out of order in my book as well Kate. We soon won't have anything left to call our own.
    • CommentTimeJan 20th, 2010 9:47pm (Jan 20th 2010)

I can't think of a really big British employer any more. Sad isn't it.
      CommentAuthorTori
    • CommentTimeJan 25th, 2010 8:34pm (Jan 25th 2010)

heeheeee nom :L Welcome to Vicki's random discussion page. The random topic will change every monday. This weeks topic is hot or cold places ohk soo would you rather go to a place that is really warm like er Hawaii :L or really cold likee Forks tehe well Id rather go to somewhere hot so I dont turn purple all the time hehehe
    • CommentTimeJan 25th, 2010 8:43pm (Jan 25th 2010)

Nothing wrong with being purple!! I like cold places. The ice cream cabinet in Sainsbury's is good because all the cold falls out on me...aaaaahhhhhhhhhh.....
    • CommentTimeJan 25th, 2010 9:25pm (Jan 25th 2010)

Hmm, that's difficult because I don't like extremes of either, but I don't do bikinis and beaches and all that, so I'll vote for cold!
    • CommentTimeJan 25th, 2010 9:27pm (Jan 25th 2010)

Umm well I think I would rather somewhere cold as you can always put something warm on. Too much heat makes me feel washed out and poorly. plus time you get to your skin you can not take anything else off ha ha
    • CommentTimeJan 26th, 2010 11:56pm (Jan 26th 2010)

Somewhere cold. And preferably with snow :snow:
    • CommentTimeJan 27th, 2010 4:50am (Jan 27th 2010)

I don't like extremes of either, if I had to choose I guess I'd go with cold. I don't do so well with the heat. It makes me feel ill, if it gets too hot.
      CommentAuthorTori
    • CommentTimeFeb 1st, 2010 8:41pm (Feb 1st 2010) edited

heeheeee nom :L Welcome to Vicki's random discussion page. The random topic will change every monday. This weeks topic is being on tv :L hehe well I decided on this topic because im randomly watching bury vs rochdale football match on sky and I live onn the border of bury anyways I saw loadsa people in my year there on tv and so here it is :D have you ever been on tv ?? I was on the saturday show in majorca in 2005 in the audience when I was aboouttt 10 hmm I wanted to stay and go in the pool but we had to go home the same day D:
    • CommentTimeFeb 1st, 2010 8:43pm (Feb 1st 2010)

Nope. Only Crimewatch...:devil:
    • CommentAuthorTracyB
    • CommentTimeFeb 1st, 2010 8:45pm (Feb 1st 2010)

I was on telly once, went to watch Leicester Tigers play, we were sat near the Leicester players bench. :-)
    • CommentTimeFeb 1st, 2010 9:09pm (Feb 1st 2010)

I was once on one of those "For and Against" programmes.
    It was Miriam Stoppard, and to do with childbirth. She seemed be very bitter about her own recent experience. There were various pressure/support groups there.
    I was thoroughly disillusioned right at the start when she was not happy about how she made her entrance so it was repeated four times!
    The heat of the studio was such that I couldn't keep awake. Watching the transmission later I was relieved to find it wasn't noticeable even though we were on the front row. So much for my three mins of fame!
    • CommentTimeFeb 1st, 2010 9:57pm (Feb 1st 2010) edited

The only time i was on tv was at the British Grand Prix 2 years ago i had some good tickets for one of the stands as the cars came past i was waving to my wife who was watching it at home i was on the phone telling her ware i was!!!!!!!
    :lets_party:
    • CommentTimeFeb 2nd, 2010 3:25pm (Feb 2nd 2010)

Years ago I was on a minor cable channel (not THAT sort of channel!!!) on their news. I was showing Karen Brady (from B'ham City FC) around the children's wards at the hospital after she'd opened a new sensory unit. I recorded it but don't know where the tape is!
    • CommentTimeFeb 2nd, 2010 7:08pm (Feb 2nd 2010)

Oh goody thats another Grand Prix fan Ollie.
    • CommentTimeFeb 2nd, 2010 8:16pm (Feb 2nd 2010)

Can't wait for the F1 season to start, though I surpress my urge to read all the prophesies on the Web - I get too confused.
    • CommentTimeFeb 2nd, 2010 8:24pm (Feb 2nd 2010)

Won't be long now they are unveiling the new cars and have started tests. Not sure about Schumacker coming back though.
    • CommentTimeFeb 2nd, 2010 8:29pm (Feb 2nd 2010)

:auto:Seems Shuey did well today in Valencia and Massa shone in his Ferrari.
    • CommentTimeFeb 2nd, 2010 8:45pm (Feb 2nd 2010)

I usually have a look at the F1 site each day. I did have a rag doll cat called Schuie but he had cancer and died he was a beautiful boy. My rag doll cat I have left is called Kimmi after Kimi Raikonen.
    • CommentTimeFeb 2nd, 2010 8:50pm (Feb 2nd 2010)

My cats are named after bike racers. I sometimes wish I'd given my sons more inventive names!
    • CommentAuthorTracyB
    • CommentTimeFeb 2nd, 2010 8:56pm (Feb 2nd 2010)

My cats have very unoriganl names - Thomas who was a stray when we moved in 13 years ago (Rosie thinks he was aroudn for at least 3 years before we came as well) and Ratty. Ratty got his name whilst he was still next door with his mum at Rosies, when he was born he was a really pale fawn colour with a black stripe from the top of his head all the way down his back to the tip of his tail. He has spots on his tummy and in side his legs and he is darker than when he was little. I've tried to take photos of them pless them but as soon as I move towards them they get up and come say hello.
    • CommentTimeFeb 2nd, 2010 9:00pm (Feb 2nd 2010)

I name all the cats that come to visit us too, but they all have normal names like Ging, or pretty cat!
    • CommentTimeFeb 2nd, 2010 9:03pm (Feb 2nd 2010)

They sound lovely cats Tracy. Ratty sure has unusual colouring, I always think of real good names ages after I have named my animals. I wish I had called Sootz, Merry as he is such a happy little boy.
    • CommentTimeFeb 2nd, 2010 9:21pm (Feb 2nd 2010)

Our Burmese cats are named "Blue" and "Brown" as we couldn't agree on names. They were meant to be only temporary names but stuck.
    • CommentTimeFeb 2nd, 2010 9:28pm (Feb 2nd 2010)

I am sorry but i do not do cats they come in my garden and lay down what they have had for dinner then my girls (hens) come out and dust bath in it which is not very pleasant!!:beurk::_puke::biggrin:
    • CommentTimeFeb 2nd, 2010 9:32pm (Feb 2nd 2010)

Ha ha that's cats for you. My hens chase and peck my Daisy cat so she has a wee in their dust bathing holes.
    • CommentTimeFeb 3rd, 2010 3:36pm (Feb 3rd 2010)

:rolling: Revenge is sweet, Daisy!
    • CommentAuthorShobhna
    • CommentTimeFeb 4th, 2010 1:05pm (Feb 4th 2010)

never been on TV yet. still waiting to be discovered. :-)
    • CommentAuthorTracyB
    • CommentTimeFeb 5th, 2010 7:03pm (Feb 5th 2010)

My cats will come in to the chicken enclosure if I go in but I think its because they don't want thier mum spending time with anything else, they aren't very happy and if all the chicknes move round in a possie, the cats are off. Bit more difficult for Tom to get away as he can't jump up on to the fence.
    • CommentTimeFeb 5th, 2010 7:39pm (Feb 5th 2010)

Bits won't go in the back garden if the chickens are out.
    • CommentTimeFeb 5th, 2010 7:44pm (Feb 5th 2010)

Daisy cat just loves using the kitchen window as her very own personel door. She walks along the window sill checking where the hens are before she jumps down. She is funny when she wants to come in as she paddles at the glass real loudly so I can go and let her back in. as the window opens out I have taught her to walk along the sill so I can open the window and then back up till she can back into the window. She loves doing it especially if she has an audience !!!
    • CommentTimeFeb 5th, 2010 11:33pm (Feb 5th 2010)

That is some crazy cat!
    • CommentTimeFeb 6th, 2010 5:00pm (Feb 6th 2010)

She is a real little character. She wakes me up sometimes at night just by sitting on my bedside cabinet and staring real intently at me. I have got used to it now but it always made me jump out of my skin when she first started to do it.
    • CommentTimeFeb 6th, 2010 10:32pm (Feb 6th 2010)

Hubby said that he woke up at 6am this morning and Foggy was sitting so close to him her nose was a whisper away from touching his! So he turned over on his side and she sat on the pillow between our heads and started to lick the metal on the headboard. Odd animal!!
    • CommentTimeFeb 7th, 2010 6:42pm (Feb 7th 2010)

Bits forced his way between us at 4am and then started pushing...:cursing: That was after Tuppence chasing something/someone under the bed at 2am and knocking over a pile of books. :cursing: Anybody want a cat or two???? :\
    • CommentTimeFeb 7th, 2010 6:51pm (Feb 7th 2010)

Good job we love them, Could be worse CC you could have four like me.
    • CommentTimeFeb 7th, 2010 7:21pm (Feb 7th 2010)

Blimey...that'd make Eric do his crust completely!