Site Tag Cloud

21st advice album alert amazing animal animals area arrived babies baby bad bald bam bath battery beautiful belated ben big bill bird birthday black bonfire bound box breed breeds british broken broody bull bun buy buying cage caged cam camera captions car care cat cc chicken chickens chook chooks christmas chucks clicker colour competition contact coop coops cornsnake council couple cruelty cutting dad day dead death decide derby diane diet dog dogs donna dresses drinking early easter eat eating egg eggbound eggs elvis emergency falcon falcons farm feather feathers feed feeding finally find fireworks first foggy for forum foundation free frog fun funny future garden girl girls goldie good goodbye gotcha great growing hagley hall hamster happy heavy helen hen hencam hens hike home horse house housing huge ideas improvements info inscription introduce introducing introduction james julie kasper kaspers kate late latest lathargic laying lead lee leeds leg lemon life likes london long lost lots love lovely lyle lynn machine mareks meet members merry message mice milly missing mite morning moult mouse moving mums mystery nail nanny new news nice night noisy nook norths ollie online page pancake parrot party pecking peregrine personal pet pets photos pic pics pictures plus poland poorly positive post poultry pretty production prom pumpkin purple quail questions rabbit rain rare rat recall red reds reinforcement remember renee rescue respect review rip ronston roof sad sale scarlet shelled shirley shobhna show sids slightly slow snake sneezing snow soft spammers special spring staffordshire start terrier thomas thread ticket tilly time today tom training tree trev trevs uk update valentines vegan vet visitors visits volka walk wanted warning webcam weekend welfare where white wild wilsden winnie winter women woods work world worming wrong ya yay year yorkshire zoey zoeys 1 2 4 2010 2011 2012 2013 2014 2016

• CommentTimeJul 28th, 2010 12:56am (Jul 28th 2010)

I have told them I will take the TV out of their coop if it is giving them "ideas"!!!! No luckily they haven't seen that one yet CC !!!!
    • CommentTimeJul 28th, 2010 1:28am (Jul 28th 2010)

Ummm scuse me for being a bit thick, but what is the viral video thingie all about ?
    • CommentTimeJul 28th, 2010 9:05am (Jul 28th 2010)

Um...I'm not actually sure NN!! I do know that my dad put them on, maybe because they are interesting?!? Haha, I really don't know...he was trying to get me to watch them though.

Me, Joe and Lyle have a busy fun-filled day today!

First off we are wandering through Bradford trying to find the local RSPCA, then if we find it looking round all the animals. Then we are going into the city centre to grab some food and do some shopping, then over to the Media Museum to try and break a world record!! :bigsmile:
    • CommentTimeJul 28th, 2010 8:21pm (Jul 28th 2010)

I saw the viral things get Hencam money. So I put it on, turn the sound off and spread the forum out to cover the pictures. So I dunno what they're about even though I've played 'em!
    • CommentTimeJul 29th, 2010 6:42pm (Jul 29th 2010)

I had a look at them a couple of times but like you I didnt have any sound on as Grandad North was watching telly.
    • CommentTimeJul 29th, 2010 9:48pm (Jul 29th 2010)

Do you get some income from them Neil? If so I'll do the same as CC. I don't have time to sit and watch them individually but am happy to have them running in the background!
    • CommentTimeJul 30th, 2010 12:55pm (Jul 30th 2010)

It doesn't matter, they're just there as sometimes the odd interesting one is shown, it's not going to provide enough for me to quit my job just yet (unfortunately), so unless you really feel the urge... They only register 'unique' viewers so you can't earn money for people watching more than one anyway.

68p and counting... :wink:
    • CommentTimeAug 5th, 2010 9:50pm (Aug 5th 2010)

Helen's home!!!!! Just saw her go in the front door on the 'new' cam view!
    • CommentTimeAug 6th, 2010 3:37pm (Aug 6th 2010)

What's the new view of? Like, where is it pointing or what is it pointing at?
    • CommentTimeAug 6th, 2010 8:26pm (Aug 6th 2010)

Ollie have a look at this article and see how many things you can remember. I found it quite interesting and straight away thought you might as well.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-1300744/Pictured-The-man-loves-living-1940s-outside-loo-all.html#ixzz0vr6ll0hJ
    • CommentTimeAug 9th, 2010 6:07pm (Aug 9th 2010)

I've had a good look NN at that clip.
    There does seem to be an overload of gas masks, which I grew up with.
    My own home is very old fashioned, more in the great granny era, one that has still got her old family furniture too.
    I like carpets but not patterns. All mine are single colour, green downstairs and staircase to bring the garden inside, cream in most of the rest upstairs - yes even the bathroom. What is it that people don't like about carpet in bathrooms? :confused:
    • CommentTimeAug 9th, 2010 8:41pm (Aug 9th 2010)

From an infection prevention point of view, carpets in bathrooms are a bad idea because of 'splashes'! This is especially true if someone vomits due to a virus. It can live in the carpet and infect others (that is why norovirus is always virulent on board cruise ships - someone throws up in a public lounge on the carpet or on a chair, and surface cleaning isn't enough. Steam cleaning is the only effective method to kill the virus quickly).

Men and especially little boys - despite having a 'tool' designed for ease of use! - frequently miss the toilet. It dries on the carpet, gets wet again, and smells.

(saying that, I have carpet in my bathrooms! I'll change it when I get around to it!)
    • CommentTimeAug 10th, 2010 8:47am (Aug 10th 2010)

Thanks Kate for that info.
    I must have well trained my men in bathroom use! Never had a problem with splashes.
    • CommentTimeAug 10th, 2010 3:52pm (Aug 10th 2010)

Ugh, you should have seen the lads' uni house for that... :ack2:
    • CommentTimeAug 10th, 2010 4:53pm (Aug 10th 2010)

No thanks...:beurk:
    • CommentTimeAug 11th, 2010 9:30am (Aug 11th 2010)

It's a disgrace how women misuse public toilets.
    Their habit of "hovering" instead of being properly seated does tend to splash.

The Japanese "Squat" toilets were very hygenic and odour free.
    • CommentTimeAug 11th, 2010 5:57pm (Aug 11th 2010)

I totally understand why women do hover though, have you seen the state on most public toilets?!? I refuse to use them.
    • CommentAuthorShobhna
    • CommentTimeAug 12th, 2010 1:53pm (Aug 12th 2010)

Squat toilets are ok if you don't have painful knees. (says someone who knows)
    • CommentTimeAug 12th, 2010 2:29pm (Aug 12th 2010)

When we are out and about on our rambles I often have to go behind a hedge or bush for a quick tinkle. When asked where I am they say oh she is marking the territory again. !!!!
    • CommentTimeAug 12th, 2010 10:25pm (Aug 12th 2010)

I wounded what that wet patch was behind my caravan!!!!!!!!! it was you NN marking your territory!!!!! :lol:
    • CommentTimeAug 15th, 2010 6:47pm (Aug 15th 2010)

Ha ha most probably Lee, not many places I haven't been Ha ha
    • CommentTimeAug 16th, 2010 11:12am (Aug 16th 2010)

NN. Ever tried a "Sheewee"?
    Google it. there are other designs too.
    • CommentTimeAug 16th, 2010 4:55pm (Aug 16th 2010)

• CommentTimeAug 16th, 2010 5:16pm (Aug 16th 2010)

I don't think it's that, Lee; i think it's for people like NN who might find it easier to nip behind a tree than have to find a screened non-prickly bush...I think one police force are buying them for their WPCs. And the people on Dragon's Den who turned it dowen may be kicking themselves...
    • CommentTimeAug 16th, 2010 8:50pm (Aug 16th 2010)

I did see something in the press abpout the Police force wanting to issue them to their lady constables. Oh by the way I do prefer to use a loo !!! trees and bushes are for emergency use only ha ha.
    • CommentTimeAug 16th, 2010 10:24pm (Aug 16th 2010)

That's a great invention Ollie!
    • CommentTimeAug 17th, 2010 7:20am (Aug 17th 2010)

I was at the great Dorset Steam Fair a couple of years ago and they had them then and the women had there own urinals as you went in you grabbed a shewee and off you went in.
    • CommentTimeAug 17th, 2010 12:57pm (Aug 17th 2010)

Posted By: leevauxI have seen those Ollie and i think they are very strange indeed do women really want to stand up and have a tinkle in a urinal like a man does ???

Think of this: having to sit on a skanky over-used smelly toilet at a festival - would you rather sit or stand over it?!? :P
    • CommentAuthorShobhna
    • CommentTimeAug 17th, 2010 1:35pm (Aug 17th 2010)

I was going to suggest a Sheewee. I think they are a great idea, they need a bit of getting used to but I certainly carted it round with me to India and skanky toilets are nothing to some that you come across in India.
    • CommentTimeAug 17th, 2010 3:52pm (Aug 17th 2010) edited

So its fair to say that general opinion amongst people is they are a hit!!!!! best order some in with the hencam logo on then Niel!!!!!! :bigsmile:
    • CommentTimeAug 23rd, 2010 1:03pm (Aug 23rd 2010) edited

Random good news. For the first time ever Animal Care has one page of dogs on their website for the dogs that need rehoming. It's always needed two before.

There's been so many dogs gone recently, it's been incredible. Jack, Ollie, Brodie, Millie, Hollie, Della (nobody though Della would go because she attacks anything and everything!), Jake, Hamish, Stevie (little blind puppy)...it's mental! But good! And all these dogs have gone, and they've only got two new ones in.

One of the new dogs, Max, we reckon will go dead quick too, because he's really friendly and is a Lab, so he'll get snatched up!
    • CommentTimeAug 23rd, 2010 1:09pm (Aug 23rd 2010)

My dad took some film of Animal Care and our trips out yesterday so hopefully he'll upload them soon :bigsmile:
    • CommentTimeAug 23rd, 2010 2:23pm (Aug 23rd 2010)

I just need to work out how to do it!

But hopefully should not take more than a couple of days...
    • CommentTimeAug 23rd, 2010 5:10pm (Aug 23rd 2010)

Wow, seriously, check out this bug!!!

It's beautiful and amazing, and just WOW! It's an orchid mantis:
    • CommentTimeAug 23rd, 2010 8:12pm (Aug 23rd 2010)

Good news indeed from Animal care and I sure am looking forward to seeing the film clip in a day or two.
    The mantis is amazing
    • CommentAuthorRonald
    • CommentTimeAug 23rd, 2010 9:02pm (Aug 23rd 2010)

This tiny deer was delivered by Caesarean section at a Wildlife hospital after a car killed his mother.
    Little Rupert, who is so small he can fit in an adult's hand, was born after vets failed in their battle to save his mother.
    At just 6" tall and weighing just over a pound, he is now in an incubator in the intensive care unit at Tiggywinkles Wildlife Hospital in Buckinghamshire. He has only recently opened his eyes.
    Les Stocker, founder of Tiggywinkles, said, "Rupert's mother had very severe injuries. We brought him out and got him breathing, and then he went into an incubator on oxygen. He is now being fed by a tube."
    Staff members are optimistic that Rupert, now 5 days old, will make a full recovery.
    "Deer are very, very tricky, but this one has spirit. He's an extremely feisty,
    Little guy and quite pushy," Mr. Stocker said.
      Rupet_1.jpg
    • CommentAuthorRonald
    • CommentTimeAug 23rd, 2010 9:05pm (Aug 23rd 2010)

pix_2
      Rupert_2.jpg
    • CommentAuthorRonald
    • CommentTimeAug 23rd, 2010 9:06pm (Aug 23rd 2010)

Pix_3
      Rupert_3.jpg
    • CommentAuthorRonald
    • CommentTimeAug 23rd, 2010 9:06pm (Aug 23rd 2010)

Pix_4
      Rupert_4.jpg
    • CommentAuthorRonald
    • CommentTimeAug 23rd, 2010 9:07pm (Aug 23rd 2010)

Pix_5
      Rupert_5.jpg
    • CommentTimeAug 23rd, 2010 9:12pm (Aug 23rd 2010)

Oh he is so sweet. I have heard that deer are notoriously difficult to raise, but that tends to be in the first day or so of being found. I hope he survives - he looks a strong little fella and very cute!!

Thanks for sharing the story and pictures - its nice to see a good news story out of the sadness of his mother's death.
    • CommentTimeAug 23rd, 2010 9:12pm (Aug 23rd 2010)

Oh Ronald isn't it just so perfectly sweet, They are very good at Tiggywinkles I just so hope it manages to survive they will do every thing they can for it there.
    • CommentTimeAug 23rd, 2010 11:13pm (Aug 23rd 2010)

Can you believe someone is getting an orchid mantis as a pet?!

Woah, that deer is tiiiiiny! Bless him, I hope he does very well.
    • CommentAuthorShobhna
    • CommentTimeAug 24th, 2010 1:23pm (Aug 24th 2010)

hope the little deer does well.

Red, can it be you that is getting the orchid mantis? :-)
    • CommentTimeAug 24th, 2010 4:52pm (Aug 24th 2010) edited

Posted By: ShobhnaRed, can it be you that is getting the orchid mantis? :-)

I'd like one but they only live for about 4 months :/

However, I am thinking of getting a certain something for my 21st...leaning towards this little fella!
    • CommentTimeAug 24th, 2010 5:07pm (Aug 24th 2010)

Oooo, scary stare!
    I took a baby pigeon in to Tiggywinkle's a few weeks ago...too chicken to find out how s/he is...
    • CommentTimeAug 24th, 2010 9:39pm (Aug 24th 2010)

Ooo, I like him Red! What is he?

How young was the pigeon CC? Very small or nearly fledged? If it didn't survive then at least you gave it a chance, which it didn't have before that. If it survived then that's great! If you're going to always think it died then call and find out so that you know, one way or the other.
    • CommentAuthorShobhna
    • CommentTimeAug 25th, 2010 1:39pm (Aug 25th 2010) edited

I too like him but he'd be a bit hard to cuddle. :-)
    • CommentTimeAug 25th, 2010 1:50pm (Aug 25th 2010)

He's a created gecko, possibly the most easiest to care for lizard and the easiest to handle. They grow to about 7 inch, very sweet.

Mantids are awesomely cool though, and I wouldn't mind having them for a pet.

I emailed Bug World asking if there were any bugs that could live with Hissers, too, just to see :001_rolleyes:
    • CommentTimeAug 25th, 2010 3:57pm (Aug 25th 2010)

Posted By: KatebHow young was the pigeon CC? Very small or nearly fledged?

He was fledged, but with a very large beak that he hadn't grown into yet. He was standing in the road and the car in front DROVE ON OVER HIM. B*$%*£&. I managed to get him between my wheels then turned round, scooped him up. His eye was bleeding a bit, but he was indignant about being picked up so was strong. I drove (one haned...) to the nearby factories and a kind lady gave me a box and I popped him in it (and taped the lid shut!) and chauffeured him to Tiggy's. I reckon he would have been all right, but that's why I'm not ringing - it'd be horrid to hear that he'd carked, having made my mind up (and the triage nurse agreed) that he was a fighter who'd probaly pull through. That and the fact that I'm a wussy wimp.:tooth:
    • CommentTimeAug 25th, 2010 5:05pm (Aug 25th 2010)

Oh my god, the driver ahead of you was a prat! That's horrible!

You were very kind to him. I'll bet he'll be okay if he wasn't too badly injured - chickens can survive some very horrific injuries, and often don't even need veterinary attention, even when it's a gaping huge wound they can recover. The sign that he still had the strength to fight is a good sign too.
    • CommentTimeAug 25th, 2010 5:06pm (Aug 25th 2010)

I bought a large plastic RUB today from Morrisons. £3 it cost, and it has ventilation holes and everything! Perfect size to put something in, just not sure what! It's part of Lyle's bday present for me :smile:
    • CommentTimeAug 25th, 2010 7:34pm (Aug 25th 2010)

Do you mean a tub Red? Sounds like one but I am not sure !!!!
    • CommentTimeAug 25th, 2010 8:50pm (Aug 25th 2010) edited

Posted By: nanny northDo you mean a tub Red? Sounds like one but I am not sure !!!!

It's what bug/rep owners use - means Really Useful Box!
    • CommentTimeAug 25th, 2010 9:55pm (Aug 25th 2010)

I bet he did survive if he was that big CC, pigeons are very resiliant birds - its the small ones that drop dead at the first sign of stress. The pigeons round here almost dare my cats to look at them, and always win the staring matches! Good for you though doing the right thing for the pigeon.
    • CommentTimeAug 26th, 2010 5:23pm (Aug 26th 2010)

Makes up for my lot chasing the poor pigeons who come to see what's available in the garden!
    • CommentTimeAug 26th, 2010 7:44pm (Aug 26th 2010)

Thanks for the info Red, now you have told me it is so obvious I feel daft for not realising !!!! Now my next question is what have you got that is useful for !!!!
    • CommentTimeAug 26th, 2010 11:22pm (Aug 26th 2010)

Welllll ;)

Say hello to an African Giant Millipede!

I might get one when we move back down to Stoke, for my birthday. It was either a millipede or a Tiger Snail, and I chose the millipede because the rub is a perfect size for a millipede (or even a pair of 'pedes!) all their life, whereas Tiger Snails get so big they'd need a new home after a while. Millipedes and Tiger Snails can be housed together anyway, so you never know!
    • CommentTimeAug 27th, 2010 8:32pm (Aug 27th 2010)

Cor thats a millipede and a half, what a beauty, did it tickle with all its legs on the go !!

If you want to hatch some tiger snails let me know and I will save you some when they lay some more eggs. They take about ten days to hatch.
    • CommentTimeAug 27th, 2010 11:15pm (Aug 27th 2010)

Crickey Red, you don't half go for some weird pets!!!!
    • CommentTimeAug 28th, 2010 3:05pm (Aug 28th 2010)

The legs aren't that tickley really, they just sort of scratch as it walks but very gently. They have a great grip as well. And if you hold them upside down you can stroke all their legs like a brush :)

NN, no way, really?! That would be so cool to hatch some snailies from you!!! Wow, I'll deffo have to consider that! Thanks :bigsmile:

Posted By: KatebCrickey Red, you don't half go for some weird pets!!!!

A lot of the weird pets are more interesting, and somebody has to love them!
    • CommentTimeAug 28th, 2010 6:17pm (Aug 28th 2010)

Just like wierd people are more interesting....
    • CommentTimeAug 28th, 2010 10:17pm (Aug 28th 2010)

• CommentTimeAug 29th, 2010 11:02am (Aug 29th 2010)

Posted By: nanny northLet me know when you need some Red and as soon as they lay some you are welcome to as many as you want.

That's awesome! If you happen to have some in a month or so I'll definitely consider it, but don't worry if they haven't laid any :bigsmile:

Well Ollie, I don't know what you did wrong but you're back in the kennels at Animal Care again :( You're a lovely dog as well - we'll take you out for a walk today! :laugh:
    • CommentTimeAug 29th, 2010 7:28pm (Aug 29th 2010)

Ok Red I will let you know when I have some next.
    • CommentTimeAug 30th, 2010 8:33pm (Aug 30th 2010)

That'd be brill, thanks NN!

I don't know if it's because it's getting darker earlier now, but Pearl is actually up before 9pm! She's usually in bed before 12, unless we forcibly evict her :smile:
    • CommentTimeAug 31st, 2010 9:51pm (Aug 31st 2010)

Saw something really cool and interesting today; when me and Lyle were walking on the prom an old lady pointed out the mirrored rainbow effect on the sun. So there was the real sun in the middle, then a duplicate of the sun on either side, and each duplicate had a rainbow bit by it too!

Did anyone else see it?? It was really pretty!
    • CommentTimeAug 31st, 2010 9:55pm (Aug 31st 2010)

How did that happen Red? Was it the reflection in the water? Don't quite get it but it sounds fascinating!
    • CommentTimeAug 31st, 2010 10:21pm (Aug 31st 2010) edited

Yours sounded fascinating. Worth trying to find out more...
    • CommentTimeSep 1st, 2010 12:33am (Sep 1st 2010) edited

Nope it wasn't in the water, it was in the sky...it was like two extra suns had appeared!

Posted By: ollie in UKI saw the biggest refraction (can't think of it's proper name) this evening. Like just a piece of rainbow in the sky straight above. Took a pic with my phone, it didn't show very well and I am a dunderhead to do anything with my pics!

Yours sounded fascinating. Worth trying to find out more...

Did it look sort of anything like this, Ollie? Because it sounds very similar, what with the rainbow and all...ours was sort of like two mini suns with mini rainbows by the side of them too...
      sunthing.jpg
    • CommentTimeSep 1st, 2010 5:57pm (Sep 1st 2010)

No mine was the top thiird of a rainbow but straight above.

Google these for some ideas.
    Nacreous clouds
    Iridescent clouds
    • CommentTimeSep 1st, 2010 8:42pm (Sep 1st 2010)

How lovely to see such an unusual thing Red and Ollie. You were very lucky indeed.
    • CommentTimeSep 11th, 2010 10:53pm (Sep 11th 2010)

We had Pearl out tonight, we usually try and have her out every other night. She is such a gorgeous little girl, it always amazes me what a brilliant hamster she is. How could somebody have dumped her?! Since being with us she's completely tamed down and has learnt that whenever I click my tongue it means I have a treat for her :laugh:

It's very cute, I just click my tongue and she immediately starts sniffing the air and runs over to me. I think we must have been VERY lucky to get an adopted hamster like Pearl - D'you think if we adopted another we'd ever be so lucky?
    • CommentTimeSep 12th, 2010 10:06pm (Sep 12th 2010)

Probably not Red. Most hamsters are nocturnal so sleep rather than interact, and most of them will bite/nip the hand that feeds them!
    • CommentTimeSep 12th, 2010 10:08pm (Sep 12th 2010)

One for the UK TV watchers! Did anyone see Derren Brown: Hero at 30 thousand feet? I'd recorded it and watched it today. There was a lot on the internet saying it was acted and wasn't real, but I think he genuinely did it. A fascinating experiment.
    • CommentTimeSep 12th, 2010 10:09pm (Sep 12th 2010)

Hmm. I think I'd always go for Chinese Dwarf hamsters after having Pearl, just because they are so mice-like but without the terrible health problems that mice tend to have!! I'd always want a Chinese hamster over a syrian or Russian because they generally bite less, but Pearl is just a star. I can't believe they were scared of her and didn't handle her at Pets At Home...
    • CommentTimeSep 13th, 2010 7:50pm (Sep 13th 2010)

She sounds such a sweetie Red and I am so pleased you have her. How lovely that you have a code for a treat with her. All your patience with her has really paid off and what a lovely pet she has turned out to be.
    • CommentTimeSep 13th, 2010 10:10pm (Sep 13th 2010)

Another thing I'm really impressed with her about is her cleanliness in the cage and lack of smell!! After having mice, which tend to be quite smelly, Pearl is a godsend! The only thing that needs cleaning weekly is her bed, and then fortnightly we empty the cage completely and scrub all the levels.
    • CommentTimeSep 13th, 2010 10:57pm (Sep 13th 2010) edited

Bit small for a cage, but I really like the design with the tunnel at the top and the bed - how cool is that? :smile:
    • CommentTimeSep 14th, 2010 10:13pm (Sep 14th 2010)

That is a nice cage - I like the sleeping set up too. Shame it isn't bigger. Of course you could always link 2 cages together if you wanted to give her more room!
    • CommentTimeSep 14th, 2010 10:41pm (Sep 14th 2010)

Hmm, connecting cages is the way forwards! Not that we're looking for a new Pearl cage, I just enjoy looking at all the different styles and sizes :laugh:
    • CommentTimeSep 16th, 2010 10:13pm (Sep 16th 2010)

I've seen some brilliant home-made efforts on the rat sites. People are very resourceful when the need arises.
    • CommentTimeSep 30th, 2010 7:38pm (Sep 30th 2010)

When I went out to let the hens out this morning I spotted this beautiful dewy rose. I just had to rush in and get the camera.
      dewdrop rose.jpg
    • CommentTimeSep 30th, 2010 10:00pm (Sep 30th 2010)

Lovely one, NN; you ought to make cards.
    • CommentTimeOct 1st, 2010 10:27am (Oct 1st 2010)

Beautifl NN, oh and I can even see a tiny bug on a petal....or do I just need to clean my glasses.
    • CommentAuthorShobhna
    • CommentTimeOct 1st, 2010 2:12pm (Oct 1st 2010)

beautiful NN.
    • CommentTimeOct 1st, 2010 5:09pm (Oct 1st 2010)

Another beauty NN!
    • CommentTimeOct 2nd, 2010 7:20pm (Oct 2nd 2010)

Thank you all it was so beautiful I just had to share it with you.
    • CommentTimeOct 13th, 2010 1:18pm (Oct 13th 2010) edited

These are soooo cool! None of these are photoshopped, more on this site
      flower_drops.jpg
      melon_mouth.jpg
      sky_pool.jpg
    • CommentTimeOct 13th, 2010 5:22pm (Oct 13th 2010)

We were giving the hissers fresh food and water and i decided to get Humdi and Zelzel out for some handling...my god, they were the most annoyed hissers ever!! They don't usually hiss anymore, but they didn't stop today! Hissing constantly, and Zelda was running around everywhere hissing :laugh:

It was hilarious, although i did joke to Lyle that maybe they are grumpy because they are both expecting :face-angel:
    • CommentTimeOct 13th, 2010 10:14pm (Oct 13th 2010)

Nope - I can't believe they're not photoshopped! They're great!
    • CommentTimeOct 14th, 2010 1:37pm (Oct 14th 2010)

I was really impressed too! The flower and watermelon one were my faves :face-smile:
    • CommentTimeOct 15th, 2010 11:59am (Oct 15th 2010)

Posted By: RedIt was hilarious, although i did joke to Lyle that maybe they are grumpy because they are both expecting:face-angel:

Oh god no! Can you imagine hearing the pitter patter of (1000) tiny feet?!

What's the temps like now on the tanks? Is the thermostat behaving?
    • CommentTimeOct 15th, 2010 12:02pm (Oct 15th 2010)

Humdi does look really fat too...worrying!

Oh my god, well the temps were fine, only remember you pointed out the low pressure on the boiler? Well we've had no hot water for almost a week, so the temps have dropped because there has been no heating in the house. Luckily we had an extra heat mat to hook up to the locusts, so it's averaging 26.5*c now which is fine.

Hisser temps are about 24*c which is brillo pads :bigsmile:
    • CommentTimeOct 15th, 2010 12:15pm (Oct 15th 2010)

Bah! I was looking for the stop-tap to fill the boiler but couldn't find it...

So does it still make boiler-y noises? Or just sit quiet... I think they have safety switches in them that stops them working if they are empty.

Ours needs filling up now and again as there must be a tiny leak somewhere (not enough to notice, it probably evaporates as it comes out it's that slow), so it's something that does need doing now and again.

Hope you get it sorted soon though, it's getting colder by the day (car tells me it's usually below 10c now every morning, and dropping)
    • CommentTimeOct 15th, 2010 12:25pm (Oct 15th 2010)

It makes boiler noises, but there's no heat anywhere...cold showers for about 6 days now, and nothing to warm you up after...it sucks bum :/
    • CommentTimeOct 15th, 2010 6:33pm (Oct 15th 2010)

Posted By: Redit sucks bum :/

Such a lady...:tooth:
    • CommentTimeOct 15th, 2010 8:07pm (Oct 15th 2010)

ugh sounds like kak to me !!!:face-monkey: I like the new icons good idea.
    • CommentTimeOct 21st, 2010 9:20am (Oct 21st 2010)

When we dropped them off after Scarlet and Lyle visited for the weekend, me and Lyle managed to get the boiler working again - yay!

(just in case anyone was still worried about that haha!)
    • CommentTimeOct 21st, 2010 12:04pm (Oct 21st 2010)

Yeah, it's been waaaarm!!

Have to have baths though because the temperature in the shower fluctuates so drastically!