Site Tag Cloud

• CommentTimeApr 3rd, 2008 5:48am (Apr 3rd 2008) edited

Whereas; Hen Cam is located in the apparent center of the universe (sorry, *centre*), and

Whereas; this apex has been so aptly chronicled by one of the world's longest running soaps, and

Whereas; I have now reviewed the 40th anniversary DVD.

Therefore; I hereby declare that we should have a thread dedicated to Coronation Street.

(But mostly, I just wanted to retain my title as Lead Discussion Starter and Janice has been gaining on me.)
    • CommentTimeApr 3rd, 2008 5:57am (Apr 3rd 2008) edited

I lived in Canada for just over three years, which is the only time I have personally seen this phenom. I think I lived there from 1969 to 1972 (ish) I am amazingly bad at remembering dates.

Here are some of the characters I remember:

Vera & Jack. Mike Baldwin (that bad, bad boy.) Gail, who was hysterical about something at the time, and had a little girl. A man with round glasses who was being left by his wife. Hilda & Stanley Ogden. Ina Sharples. Janice. Dierdre. Some man who was either coning Gail or else Dierdre. A jug headed teen aged boy, upsetting his mother. A teen aged girl, upsetting her parents. A man named Ray (?) who had just met Hayley (?)

What are they all up to now?
    • CommentTimeApr 3rd, 2008 8:34am (Apr 3rd 2008)

Vera - dead. Jack - still there. Mike - dead. Gail - still hysterical over something. Hilda and Stanley - long gone (and still missed!), Ina - dead. Janice - ?, Dierdre - still there wearing big glasses. Think she may have been the wife leaving the man with round glasses, she did that a couple of times! Teenage boys and girls upsetting parents - still there (but probably different kids!!!!) Ray - ?, Hayley - there's only one Hayley now, a transgender who's gone off to somewhere or other to do charity work. The writers really do need to get some new story lines!!!
    • CommentTimeApr 3rd, 2008 3:50pm (Apr 3rd 2008) edited

WHAT?! We have a thread on Coronation Street? My dad is gonna love you, Diane. Coronation street is to him as Runny Poo is to you, if that makes sense...Yes, coronation street is my dad's runny poo (Sorry, that's atrocious i know) :D :P

Could Ray have been Roy?? Roy and Hayley are together...oh no wait, i think he only came onto the show in the 90's...

I dunno, i don't even like Coronation Street :-\
    • CommentTimeApr 3rd, 2008 6:08pm (Apr 3rd 2008)

It must be Roy, Roy & Hayley. Ray was Ray Walker, Annie Walker (landlady of the Rovers)'s son and a reet bad' un. He wed Deirdre (or Dreary, as she's known in this house) but was a womaniser and left her with a brat called Tracey. Dreary was conned by a bloke who said he was an airline pilot and actually worked in Tie Rack at the airport. Somehow he caused Dreary to go to gaol (leading to the Free The Weatherfield One campaign).
    The teen boy might have been Tyrone?
    Go googling, Diane; there's bound to be a potted history somewhere on the World Wide Wait...
      CommentAuthorTori
    • CommentTimeApr 3rd, 2008 6:34pm (Apr 3rd 2008)

Oooh that reminds me , y know that leanne I think who just burned down her own cafe thing (im not sure I dont really watch it !) My mum keeps seeing her in town and at the weekend , my dad saw her walking down bury road which is right near my house. And I saw that candice person aaggeess ago in 2005 at manchester airport with err that danny baldwins son thing who played a footballer or something ! Confuzzled I am
    • CommentTimeApr 3rd, 2008 9:52pm (Apr 3rd 2008)

I think Candice and Danny Baldwin were going out together in real life - bit like Sarah Platt and Jason.

I saw Tyrone at Donnington Park race track once, but I wouldn't go and say hello because I couldn't remember his real name. I figure it must be really annoying when people go "awright Tyrone" - its just idiotic when his name's probably Ryan or something. Hubby said it was because I was star-struck (which I was, I admit!) but I might've had the nerve if I could've been polite and seemingly half-intelligent. Besides which, hubby and the kids didn't speak to him either!
    • CommentAuthorjimr1603
    • CommentTimeApr 4th, 2008 2:20am (Apr 4th 2008)

What! Corrie is nowhere near Bradford. It's across the border in Lancashire (though several of the accents are Yorkshire).
    • CommentTimeApr 4th, 2008 8:08am (Apr 4th 2008) edited

What did u go to watch at Donnington Kate? :-)
      CommentAuthorDianeonWhidbey
    • CommentTimeApr 4th, 2008 9:31am (Apr 4th 2008)

LOL - Kate, on the DVD I watched, the actors were saying that (those who grew up watching it) when they were first on the show they wouldn't call anyone by name because they had great difficulty remembering anything but the name of the character. One woman said she was in the cast for a year before she felt safe enough to use people's names.

Wow Kate - lots of the people on that street have met their maker. Mike died? I'm guessing it was some explosion or something? CC - that's a great idea. Thanks Sensai.

Well, Neil. You know. It had to happen.
      CommentAuthorDianeonWhidbey
    • CommentTimeApr 4th, 2008 9:32am (Apr 4th 2008)

Ray/Roy (I'll google this at some point) was a really shy, sexually inhibited guy. Short brown hair. Fussy.
    • CommentTimeApr 4th, 2008 4:43pm (Apr 4th 2008)

British superbikes I think it was Ace.

Mike had Alzheimers, wandered out in the night so I think got pneumonia and died. Not quite that exciting but very sad and reflective of real life in most ways except the speed of his death - most people live for years with what must be the most awful disease.

Hmm, in that case Diane it sounds like Roy - he owns Roy's Rolls - the cafe.
      CommentAuthorwazza
    • CommentTimeApr 4th, 2008 4:49pm (Apr 4th 2008)

no longer a member

Have not seen any TV for 3 days its been bliss
    • CommentTimeApr 4th, 2008 4:54pm (Apr 4th 2008)

Does sound like Roy, didn't realise he had been in the show that long :o

Some TV is okay, but i could easily cope without it...the internet on the other hand... :P
      CommentAuthorAce
    • CommentTimeApr 4th, 2008 6:18pm (Apr 4th 2008)

I am mad about British Superbikes, Kate. But have never seen it at Donnington. But i have seen World Superbikes and Moto GP at Donnington. :-)
    • CommentTimeApr 4th, 2008 6:33pm (Apr 4th 2008)

I could do without telly...but I neeeeeeeed Corrie!
    • CommentTimeApr 4th, 2008 7:11pm (Apr 4th 2008) edited

I remember when I went to PGL and we didnt have tv for a week but on the last day , we all went into this big hall thing , this projector came down and we were allowed to watch tv but only pocoyo was on :cry: (its like a tv show for 2 year olds)
      CommentAuthorAce
    • CommentTimeApr 4th, 2008 7:19pm (Apr 4th 2008)

I have seen that before Vicki! It is really really really boring. I nearly fell asleep watching it. Instead i switched it over to another channel. :D
      CommentAuthorDianeonWhidbey
    • CommentTimeApr 4th, 2008 7:56pm (Apr 4th 2008)

Yes! He was always wearing an apron at work. I remember that. That's right Kate. When I was watching he had just met Hayley.
    • CommentTimeApr 4th, 2008 9:26pm (Apr 4th 2008)

We tend to go for practice days Ace as they're quieter so hubby can get some decent photos without some plebs head being in the way. (Its also cheaper!!) Have never been to moto GP race day, but we used to go to the superbikes regularly a few years ago when it was less popular. View is better on the TV nowadays. Have met a few of the racers - most are lovely, some are just huge egos on legs!
      CommentAuthorDianeonWhidbey
    • CommentTimeApr 5th, 2008 3:29am (Apr 5th 2008)

I can't believe it. This thread has gone off topic. That's never happened in the Hen Cam forum before. Wot on earth?
    • CommentTimeApr 5th, 2008 7:09am (Apr 5th 2008)

Yeah, right..never happens..look how far afield *Runny Poo* got. :bigsmile:
      CommentAuthorDianeonWhidbey
    • CommentTimeApr 5th, 2008 7:37am (Apr 5th 2008)

Noooooooooooooooooo. And Lynn makes the third reference to... NO! I'm NOT saying it!!
    • CommentTimeApr 5th, 2008 10:39am (Apr 5th 2008) edited

Lynn deserves some sort of medal, she's quite good at spreading runny poo round the forum :D

And to think, it all started off so sweet and innocent with Joanne asking a perfectly valid question :-\
    • CommentTimeApr 5th, 2008 1:32pm (Apr 5th 2008) edited

I wouldn't bother going to Moto GP race day Kate. Last time it was raining and i could hardly see anything because i was stood where the start/ finish line is. Just watch it on TV it is a better view. Yeah i have also met most of the riders,well out of British Superbikes that is. :-)
      CommentAuthorwazza
    • CommentTimeApr 5th, 2008 7:21pm (Apr 5th 2008)

no longer a member

wazza knows what is going to happen next in Corrie.... and david will be so so bad
      CommentAuthorTori
    • CommentTimeApr 5th, 2008 7:22pm (Apr 5th 2008)

oooooooooooo
      CommentAuthorwazza
    • CommentTimeApr 5th, 2008 7:23pm (Apr 5th 2008)

no longer a member

wazza is personal friends with some of the superbike riders... and have been to dinner with some of them and also some of the TV presenters are aquaintances too... I do mingle in the right circles.. Oh and I have also been to buckingham palace and attened a garden party with HM the Queen
      CommentAuthorTori
    • CommentTimeApr 5th, 2008 7:37pm (Apr 5th 2008)

wow Ive had a garden party in my garden with a BBQ and deck chairs hehe
    • CommentTimeApr 5th, 2008 7:54pm (Apr 5th 2008)

My cats are all named after racers.

I was trying to do Neil a favour by taking this one off-topic, but we don't do that with runny poo so ...

Gail is really annoying - if she was my mom I'd feel like pushing her down the stairs too. I read what's going to happen to Maria - very sad. :cry:
      CommentAuthorAce
    • CommentTimeApr 5th, 2008 8:08pm (Apr 5th 2008)

Wow Wazza. That is sooooo cool. Which riders do u know then. My dad had dinner with Chris Walker aka Stalker and Cal Crutchlow at Donnington last year. :)
    • CommentTimeApr 5th, 2008 8:37pm (Apr 5th 2008)

This is tentative, but my son's friend's sister is Cal's girlfriend.
    • CommentTimeApr 5th, 2008 8:40pm (Apr 5th 2008) edited

Really thats weird to know someone that is going out with a celeb. But my dad knows someone that is married to someone that used to be in corrie and he doesn't think that is weird. :)
      CommentAuthorTori
    • CommentTimeApr 5th, 2008 8:41pm (Apr 5th 2008)

whose cal ?
      CommentAuthorAce
    • CommentTimeApr 5th, 2008 8:42pm (Apr 5th 2008)

By the way Kate. Cal did really well in free practice today. He got second. Shane Byrne aka Shakey beat him though. :)
      CommentAuthorAce
    • CommentTimeApr 5th, 2008 8:42pm (Apr 5th 2008)

Cal is a British Superbike rider!
      CommentAuthorAce
    • CommentTimeApr 5th, 2008 8:45pm (Apr 5th 2008)

So he is basically a motorbike racer! :)
      CommentAuthorTori
    • CommentTimeApr 5th, 2008 9:00pm (Apr 5th 2008)

ooo
      CommentAuthorAce
    • CommentTimeApr 5th, 2008 9:09pm (Apr 5th 2008)

I have also met James Toseland before. He is very cool. :)
      CommentAuthorTori
    • CommentTimeApr 5th, 2008 9:25pm (Apr 5th 2008)

I met eerrmm angelica bell in 2005 on holiday and erm I was in the audience on the saturday show live on bbc 2 in majorca (its an old kids saturday morning programme heehee)
    • CommentTimeApr 5th, 2008 9:32pm (Apr 5th 2008)

I met the lead singer from Terrovision (English rock band that have split up now)... :cool:
    • CommentTimeApr 5th, 2008 9:34pm (Apr 5th 2008) edited

And I met this actor on heartbeat and I saw Amir Khan at middlebrook (Which is all these shops next to the reebok stadium!)
    • CommentTimeApr 5th, 2008 9:52pm (Apr 5th 2008)

I'm tuning at Pinewood next week...might see someone famous there...?!
      CommentAuthorTori
    • CommentTimeApr 5th, 2008 9:58pm (Apr 5th 2008)

oo whats pinewood
    • CommentTimeApr 5th, 2008 10:03pm (Apr 5th 2008)

Pinewood studios where they make James Bond, etc., but I'm only tuning for a TV prog.
      CommentAuthorTori
    • CommentTimeApr 5th, 2008 10:05pm (Apr 5th 2008)

oh yeah iinnttrreeggiinngg I remember one of my old primary school teachers , her husband nearly got to go on big brother
    • CommentTimeApr 5th, 2008 11:12pm (Apr 5th 2008)

I've met Shakey - he was lovely, very happy to spend time talking to all the fans and signing autographs. Yes, James is lovely too. Years ago we asked Mick Doohan (GP rider) for his autograph - he was really rude and big headed. Had always been a big fan until then. The same day we met Eddie Lawson who had a really bad reputation for ignoring fans, but he smiled, signed and walked on. Have autographs of most of the riders - famous and not so famous. Hubby always has a bit of a chat - I just smile coz the star-struck thing kicks in.
    • CommentTimeApr 5th, 2008 11:13pm (Apr 5th 2008)

My best friend at work met Slash last week. (Guitar player in Velvet Revolver). Is in the guitar hero ad.
      CommentAuthorDianeonWhidbey
    • CommentTimeApr 6th, 2008 12:12am (Apr 6th 2008)

I sat next to Bella Abzug at an event, and worked on a committee with Barbara Jordon. Had coffee with Robin Morgan. And am related to Charlie Chaplin's camera man. FOFL
      CommentAuthorTori
    • CommentTimeApr 6th, 2008 10:09am (Apr 6th 2008)

Im related to ruth liptrot who is a news reporter of channel 5 in the uk
    • CommentTimeApr 6th, 2008 1:45pm (Apr 6th 2008)

Liptrot? That a real name?? :shocked:
      CommentAuthorTori
    • CommentTimeApr 6th, 2008 1:46pm (Apr 6th 2008)

Whatt how very dare yyoouuuu
    • CommentTimeApr 6th, 2008 1:47pm (Apr 6th 2008)

Why? Is it your name tooooooooooooooo???
      CommentAuthorTori
    • CommentTimeApr 6th, 2008 1:47pm (Apr 6th 2008)

yes it is
      CommentAuthorTori
    • CommentTimeApr 6th, 2008 1:47pm (Apr 6th 2008)

And my great , great grandad died on the titanic
      CommentAuthorLuke
    • CommentTimeApr 6th, 2008 5:55pm (Apr 6th 2008)

wow diane, you are related to the cameraman for charlie chaplin? (big fan)
      CommentAuthorDianeonWhidbey
    • CommentTimeApr 6th, 2008 8:35pm (Apr 6th 2008)

Yes, Luke. You may now kneel and press lips to my ring. Wait... Your a Chaplin fan? Not a fan of one of his cameramen? Oh...
    • CommentTimeApr 6th, 2008 8:41pm (Apr 6th 2008)

That's bad, Luke. I mean, everyone else is a fully-paid up member of the Charlie Chaplin Cameraman Fanclub...
      CommentAuthorDianeonWhidbey
    • CommentTimeApr 7th, 2008 2:38am (Apr 7th 2008)

CommentAuthorAce
    • CommentTimeApr 8th, 2008 3:52pm (Apr 8th 2008)

Nobody has spoke about corrie for 1 whole day! What will we do! :D
    • CommentTimeApr 8th, 2008 5:03pm (Apr 8th 2008)

What about that David Platt, then? Spawn of Satan or WHAT!!!
      CommentAuthorAce
    • CommentTimeApr 8th, 2008 5:06pm (Apr 8th 2008)

Yeah he is well evil.:crazy:
    • CommentTimeApr 8th, 2008 5:07pm (Apr 8th 2008)

Made me laugh when Rita asked for a drink; 'Just a double, ta.' Woman after me own heart!
    • CommentTimeApr 8th, 2008 6:08pm (Apr 8th 2008)

He reminds my mum of my little cousin, what does that say about him?? :o :P
    • CommentTimeApr 8th, 2008 6:08pm (Apr 8th 2008)

Oooo...scary!:shocked:
      CommentAuthorAce
    • CommentTimeApr 8th, 2008 6:24pm (Apr 8th 2008)

Very scary indeed!
    • CommentTimeApr 8th, 2008 8:13pm (Apr 8th 2008)

Do you mean Joe?! Give up the babysitting ... NOW!
      CommentAuthorDianeonWhidbey
    • CommentTimeApr 9th, 2008 5:32am (Apr 9th 2008)

Oooo. I love this chatter. Don't understand a word of it. But I love it. :D
    • CommentTimeApr 9th, 2008 3:29pm (Apr 9th 2008)

Haha, no Joe's older brother Tom :D But i do babysit for him sometimes too :o
    • CommentTimeApr 9th, 2008 4:12pm (Apr 9th 2008)

Carry a weapon at all times, Red...!
    • CommentTimeApr 9th, 2008 10:09pm (Apr 9th 2008)

Tom - hmm, sounds like a bad 'un! :D
      CommentAuthorAce
    • CommentTimeApr 12th, 2008 3:12pm (Apr 12th 2008)

Noone has talked about corrie for 2 whole days now!:D
      CommentAuthorTori
    • CommentTimeApr 12th, 2008 3:25pm (Apr 12th 2008)

cccccoooooooooooooooooorrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrriiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiieeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
    • CommentTimeApr 12th, 2008 3:29pm (Apr 12th 2008)

I hope they bang that David up for YEEEEEARS. And I hope Jason gets caught for smoking out the bats, little git. :(
      CommentAuthorAce
    • CommentTimeApr 12th, 2008 3:30pm (Apr 12th 2008)

Good one Vicki. We will save this thread.
    • CommentTimeApr 12th, 2008 11:01pm (Apr 12th 2008)

David will probably get a couple of weeks (give him chance to go on a beach holiday and top up that tan!) Jason's bound to get in trouble - that Tony's a bad 'un.

I hated her at first but now I really like Becky. I think they changed how they were going to write the character. Have you seen her in the Leerdammer adverts (UK ads for cheese). She's really posh!
      CommentAuthorTori
    • CommentTimeApr 13th, 2008 10:49am (Apr 13th 2008)

oh yeah I thought it was her hehe
    • CommentTimeApr 13th, 2008 11:47am (Apr 13th 2008)

I like Becky and Eileen the best. I HATE that Lauren, the sooner she goes the better.
    • CommentTimeApr 13th, 2008 1:43pm (Apr 13th 2008)

I don't watch Corrie but keep coming on this thread to see how long before it goes off topic.
    This must be a record for sustainability !!
      CommentAuthorAce
    • CommentTimeApr 13th, 2008 1:52pm (Apr 13th 2008)

I don't even watch it Ollie but i know whats going on in it because of this thread.:D
    • CommentTimeApr 13th, 2008 7:42pm (Apr 13th 2008)

Oh yes, Eileen is fab!!! I can't stand the bloke in the pub either - what a dope.
      CommentAuthorDianeonWhidbey
    • CommentTimeApr 14th, 2008 9:45am (Apr 14th 2008)

I can't watch it. I have no idea what you are saying. And I still read this thread.
    • CommentTimeApr 14th, 2008 1:51pm (Apr 14th 2008) edited

Well if you keep reading this thread then you might feel as if you are actually watching it.:)
    • CommentTimeApr 14th, 2008 5:42pm (Apr 14th 2008)

Can't you look on Google or something, Diane? Or move to civilisation...!;)
      CommentAuthorAce
    • CommentTimeApr 14th, 2008 6:36pm (Apr 14th 2008)

What about Youtube!:)
      CommentAuthorTori
    • CommentTimeApr 14th, 2008 6:39pm (Apr 14th 2008)

yuuutuuuuuuuuuuuuube
      CommentAuthorDianeonWhidbey
    • CommentTimeApr 16th, 2008 4:45am (Apr 16th 2008)

Ooooo I gotta try that. When I have a free minute or two. More political stuff happening at the moment...
    • CommentTimeApr 16th, 2008 10:44pm (Apr 16th 2008)

When are we going to find out who won Diane?

Street update - they smoked the bats out. (Not much going on this week!)
      CommentAuthorwazza
    • CommentTimeApr 17th, 2008 5:35am (Apr 17th 2008)

no longer a member

David will go to Gaol and becky will be in trouble doing what she is doing to Big Hunky builders, Audrey so needs to liven up and as for gail she is actually smiling now , instead of being an old misery... Hmmmm what will happen in the Bookies will that nasty fire raising woman do something regretful AGAIN.. Hmmmm and janice wow she has lost weight eh but still has a big GOB
    • CommentTimeApr 17th, 2008 4:06pm (Apr 17th 2008)

Of course, Wazza never watches it, because he's too busy saving the universe. Well, Marlow...:)
    Diane, go to ITV.com and look for Coronation Street there. I think you can even watch bits of it on there. But you'll have to get a broadbean put in, because it'll take WEEEEEEEEEEEEEKS on dialup.
    • CommentTimeApr 18th, 2008 7:36pm (Apr 18th 2008)

:devil:David's going to get banged up tonight, hopefully. Can't wait!
      CommentAuthorAce
    • CommentTimeApr 18th, 2008 7:39pm (Apr 18th 2008)

How long do u think David will get in prison?
    • CommentTimeApr 18th, 2008 8:43pm (Apr 18th 2008)

he got 4 months.
      CommentAuthorAce
    • CommentTimeApr 18th, 2008 9:09pm (Apr 18th 2008)

Yeah i watched it. He is locked up in a cell with some mental person.
      CommentAuthorwazza
    • CommentTimeApr 19th, 2008 8:48am (Apr 19th 2008)

no longer a member

hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm where did those BATS go ???? why did they not come back ????
    • CommentTimeApr 19th, 2008 5:53pm (Apr 19th 2008)

Because you're on the wrong thread, wazzock!
    • CommentTimeApr 20th, 2008 9:49pm (Apr 20th 2008)

I love the insult wazzock, although sadly now it reminds me of wazza...it has been tainted :(

((love you really wazza :D ))
    • CommentTimeApr 20th, 2008 11:07pm (Apr 20th 2008)

Me too - don't hear it often here in Brum, but I think its so descriptive!!
      CommentAuthorwazza
    • CommentTimeApr 21st, 2008 5:54am (Apr 21st 2008)

no longer a member

Its even more funny when wazza says he is off to the bathroom for a WAZ

CC waz the wazzock knows your car number... so be afraid:bigsmile:
    • CommentTimeApr 21st, 2008 5:01pm (Apr 21st 2008)

Well blimey, boy; if you can't spot MY car then you'd need goggles!:shades: