Site Tag Cloud

• CommentTimeMay 15th, 2009 8:37pm (May 15th 2009)

I should imagine so, it is just as it was sent to me. As I said I didn't know if you had all seen it before as I thought it was quite interesting.
    • CommentTimeMay 15th, 2009 10:43pm (May 15th 2009)

The secret is to read it quickly - just like you read most stuff anyway.
    I am sure that is why so much written stuff gets away with bad spelling etc.,
    • CommentTimeMay 16th, 2009 2:37am (May 16th 2009)

If you're ever taught to speed read, they tell you eventualy to just scan straight down the middle of the page and the brain still absorbs the information...the brain is amazing!
    • CommentTimeMay 16th, 2009 4:08am (May 16th 2009)

It is an interesting point Ollie, I hadn't thought of that I do tend to read quickly.
    • CommentTimeMay 16th, 2009 9:52am (May 16th 2009)

Yes, and how many times do you need to reread when you realise that you have no idea what the last page said?

Speed read's method of scanning down the middle of the page is pretty good but wouldn't be much use with a page of that kind of stuff...
    • CommentTimeMay 16th, 2009 5:48pm (May 16th 2009)

No, I was taught it for research; when you've got a pile of books and you're looking for a certain keyword you can skim down the page and stop only if (in my case) you see the words 'piano' or 'tuner' or 'tuning'. No good for novels though! :)
    • CommentAuthorhqtrev
    • CommentTimeMay 20th, 2009 12:20pm (May 20th 2009)

Hi Neil... Hi Ace...:thumbup1:
      CommentAuthorAce
    • CommentTimeMay 20th, 2009 12:24pm (May 20th 2009)

Hey Trev! *waves*
      CommentAuthorJonny
    • CommentTimeMay 21st, 2009 1:48am (May 21st 2009)

Helloo.. :( nobody!! :=)
      CommentAuthorAce
    • CommentTimeMay 21st, 2009 11:18am (May 21st 2009)

Hmm nobody online now...i'm all alone! :(
    • CommentAuthorhqtrev
    • CommentTimeMay 21st, 2009 12:31pm (May 21st 2009)

Hi Red :bigsmile:
    • CommentTimeMay 21st, 2009 12:34pm (May 21st 2009)

Hey Trev ^_^
    • CommentAuthorhqtrev
    • CommentTimeMay 21st, 2009 12:36pm (May 21st 2009)

Hows things on your side of earth ? Are your studies going to plan ?
    • CommentTimeMay 21st, 2009 12:37pm (May 21st 2009)

Just got another exam out the way, only three more now, then it's party time!!! :hurray:

How're you? :)
    • CommentAuthorhqtrev
    • CommentTimeMay 21st, 2009 12:47pm (May 21st 2009)

Haha lookout, England will soon have a vodka shortage !

Yeah I'm well thanks, but it's starting to get colder here now... bbbrrrrrrr !!
    • CommentTimeMay 21st, 2009 1:01pm (May 21st 2009)

:rolling: As cold as when you were here? :P
    • CommentAuthorhqtrev
    • CommentTimeMay 21st, 2009 1:19pm (May 21st 2009)

IMPOSSIBLE !! :snow:
    • CommentAuthorsara
    • CommentTimeMay 22nd, 2009 10:00pm (May 22nd 2009)

I see im the only one on here now! So do i talk to myself. whats new i do that anyway.. lol
      CommentAuthorJonny
    • CommentTimeMay 22nd, 2009 11:24pm (May 22nd 2009)

Yes..you talk to yourself.. Hellllooooo self!! How you doin'??
      CommentAuthorJonny
    • CommentTimeMay 22nd, 2009 11:24pm (May 22nd 2009)

Hey Trev..how the weather!! Ha-ha.. Its 19 deg here at the moment (6:24 pm) and Sunny!!
    • CommentAuthorhqtrev
    • CommentTimeMay 22nd, 2009 11:28pm (May 22nd 2009)

Gday. I shouldn't complain, we have had an average of about 20C the last couple of weeks.... but it is cold to me, lol
    • CommentTimeMay 23rd, 2009 4:57am (May 23rd 2009)

Sat here listening to Eminem's new album ( :great: ) and watching outside get lighter and lighter...my body clock is totally ruined at the moment. I can't sleep until around 6am, am shattered when i wake up around 12, but then don't feel tired by the time bed time rolls around again so end up staying up even later... *yawn*

I get to see the chickens get up and the sun rise though ^_^
    • CommentAuthorsara
    • CommentTimeMay 23rd, 2009 7:35pm (May 23rd 2009)

I'm fat and very round

Its called being pregnant,

so trying to sleep without rolling onto a baby, who is awake all night moving around, hhmm that's hard to do..
    moan moan moan.
    only 4weeks left..
    where is everyone.. i need to get a life!! But this is me resting before the big day..
    • CommentAuthorsara
    • CommentTimeMay 23rd, 2009 7:37pm (May 23rd 2009)

O MY I TOO CAN READ THIS...
    I only learnt to read a few years ago, so i may spell things wrong..
    Bad parenting when growing up... But yes very good...

Can you raed this? Olny
    55 plepoe
    Out of 100 can.

I cdnuolt blveiee that I cluod
    Aulaclty uesdnatnrd what
    I was rdanieg. The phaonmneal pweor of the
    Hmuan mnid, aoccdrnig to a rscheearch
    At Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it
    Dseno't mtaetr in what oerdr the ltteres in a word
    Are, the olny
    Iproamtnt tihng is that the frsit and last ltteer be in the rghit

Pclae. The rset can be a taotl mses and you can still raed it whotuit
    A pboerlm.
    This is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter
    By istlef, but the
    Word as a wlohe. Azanmig huh? Yaeh and I awlyas
    Tghuhot slpeling was ipmorantt!
    • CommentTimeMay 23rd, 2009 8:52pm (May 23rd 2009)

I'm married to a dyslexic...so I can read it too! :)
    At least you'll be thin again in 4 weeks, Sara; spare a thought for those of us who won't be! :D
    • CommentTimeMay 25th, 2009 7:01am (May 25th 2009)

I'm dyslexic..so it looks fine to me..I have to read things over several times when I write something, to make sure I've spelled things right..it takes me forever to find the mistakes and fix them.
    • CommentTimeMay 25th, 2009 7:07am (May 25th 2009)

Hi Lynn I'm here I'm here hulloooooo!!!!
    • CommentTimeMay 25th, 2009 10:40am (May 25th 2009)

Well Lynn you will know that we understand what you have written mistakes and all now. You do real well as I would never have realised you were dyslexic
    • CommentAuthorsara
    • CommentTimeMay 25th, 2009 6:22pm (May 25th 2009)

dyslexic
    I get my b and d's mixed up all the time.
    I have to copy what i say n check for spelling,some chat boards, you get small minded people who comment on how you write. at least i've try,

If you try to do something that you find hard,people shouldn't put you down for it.. but i found no on like that on hear,
    coz animal lovers are the nicest people..
    kisses to everyone..
    • CommentTimeMay 25th, 2009 7:18pm (May 25th 2009)

Makes me cross when people think dyslexia means people are daft when in fact the reverse is true. There used to be a long list of geniuses who were dyslexic. And a lot of creative people are too.
    • CommentTimeMay 25th, 2009 7:29pm (May 25th 2009)

Very true CC
    • CommentTimeMay 25th, 2009 7:40pm (May 25th 2009)

My spelling, typing, grammer etc all used to be excellent until I stopped working as a PA. Its all gone to pot now! (Mind you, this keyboard has a mind of its own and misses letters and spaces when it feels like it!)

If you were writing a piece for publication then fair enough, but you're not. You're chatting to us so don't worry about it. We understand Vicki after all!! ;)
    • CommentTimeMay 25th, 2009 7:52pm (May 25th 2009)

Same here Kate and my keyboard has a mind of its own as well. It is nice to chat to every one with out having to be formal and just be yourself with out being judged or corrected that just so annoys me.
    • CommentAuthorsara
    • CommentTimeMay 25th, 2009 8:11pm (May 25th 2009)

Here you go, have a look.

I couldn't read for years coz, i was drag up not brought up, Bad childhood.

But i'm over that now. Now look at me chatting on a pc..

Anyway the link will show you that my english my be bad but i can draw and paint, born being able to do this, self taught. What you think...
    • CommentTimeMay 25th, 2009 9:18pm (May 25th 2009)

very nice pictures well done
      CommentAuthorJonny
    • CommentTimeMay 26th, 2009 1:01am (May 26th 2009)

Nice pictures Sara...you have a lovely family! And quite the LONG back yard!! And quite the menagerie of animals!! Nice to have you here!!
    • CommentAuthorsara
    • CommentTimeMay 26th, 2009 6:39pm (May 26th 2009)

Thanks long back garden, ( yes and i have no grass), i mean when i got my hens,
    I didnt know they ate grass..
    Thats why hubby had to build an outside pen.
    • CommentTimeMay 26th, 2009 8:14pm (May 26th 2009)

Eric's just mown the lawn and Livia & Onion are having a wonderful time rootling through the clipings!
    • CommentTimeMay 26th, 2009 10:58pm (May 26th 2009)

I got confused - are you blonde or brunette?!!!! (or is that a changeable question?!)

Great drawings. I was an unwanted child so always made sure mine knew how much they were loved. My nan was my saviour.
    • CommentAuthorShobhna
    • CommentTimeMay 27th, 2009 8:15am (May 27th 2009)

Sara, beautiful drawings.
    great to have such talent. :-)
    • CommentAuthorsara
    • CommentTimeMay 27th, 2009 12:40pm (May 27th 2009)

blonde or brunette WELL.. HHMM.. dont know really i change my hair all the time at the moment Im fat with brunette hair, as im due to have my 2nd son in couple weeks..

Yes i love to draw. Just dont get alot of time to do it.
    • CommentTimeMay 27th, 2009 5:03pm (May 27th 2009)

I can't see it; when I go to type it in my bar thing, the forum disappears so I can't copy it! :(
    • CommentAuthorsara
    • CommentTimeMay 27th, 2009 6:39pm (May 27th 2009)

• CommentTimeMay 27th, 2009 6:40pm (May 27th 2009)

• CommentAuthorsara
    • CommentTimeMay 27th, 2009 6:43pm (May 27th 2009)

Not good on pc, try to make pics smaller, so i can just put them on here. But didnt do well at school, so cant understand this pc. mine has a mind of its own..
    • CommentTimeMay 27th, 2009 7:25pm (May 27th 2009) edited

Really good pics, sara! Can't believe you drew them, you're really good :gasp:

Posted By: chief chickenI know, but when I go to type in the bar thing, the forum vanishes. I'll have to write it on a bit of paper then copy it.

Highlight the link, then copy it and paste it...

Or, alternatively, there you go!
    • CommentTimeMay 27th, 2009 7:57pm (May 27th 2009)

Thank you for the der-brain palmhead link, Red! :flowers: :D
    • CommentAuthorsara
    • CommentTimeMay 27th, 2009 8:18pm (May 27th 2009)

RED HOW DID U DO THAT!!!!
    cant believe i drew them, yep. thats just a few.

i got loads i done.
    • CommentTimeMay 28th, 2009 1:39pm (May 28th 2009)

Sara great pics and really beautiful drawings, I have dabbled a bit myself with artwork and also am a writer now days.:rules:
    • CommentAuthorsara
    • CommentTimeMay 28th, 2009 1:48pm (May 28th 2009)

REALLY, I Learnt to read about 4 years ago, Now i read every night.
    Do you write books, or in the paper. what sort of writing. is it your job?
    • CommentTimeMay 28th, 2009 2:05pm (May 28th 2009)

Sara that is wonderful good on you and keep reading anything and everything girl. I love reading so much.

I used to write the newsletter for our theatre group, I have worked and written for the local paper, had short stories published and written book reviews for childrens books. I am a member of Geelong Writers and also part of an online writers forum.
    I love short stories and poetry especially with a wicked twist as I have a warped sense of humour.

I write parodies too, perhaps taking a Xmas carol for example and rewritng the words to relate to say family or co workers and then it is sung at a Xmas party, funny naughty stuff.

I am currently working on a story for my 6 year old grand daughter Isabelle and will dedicate it to her. My hubby has his own digital prinintg business run from home here so I can have it printed up nicely in time for Christmas.
    By the way I live in Geelong in Victoria, Australia.:yay_jump:
    • CommentAuthorsara
    • CommentTimeMay 28th, 2009 2:08pm (May 28th 2009)

I have been told my past would make a great book, but where,how do you start..

Some people get some1 to write it for them..

You know the child called it book, that sort of story..
    • CommentTimeMay 28th, 2009 2:12pm (May 28th 2009)

You could get someone to help you tell your story Sara. You sound like you have had a very interesting life, perhaps a difficult start but you must be a survivor.
    • CommentAuthorsara
    • CommentTimeMay 28th, 2009 2:15pm (May 28th 2009)

O yes im not sad. Past is the past, but What i have told friends. they always say o my god.
    You should write a book..
    • CommentTimeMay 28th, 2009 3:45pm (May 28th 2009)

Keep writing it in your head until one day you'll just HAVE to write it down or burst...that's what a writer told me once.
    Lovely pics; you ought to harness that talent somehow, Sara.
    • CommentAuthorsara
    • CommentTimeMay 28th, 2009 10:01pm (May 28th 2009)

I did, I used to have my own are business,
    I do some portraits for friends n family. But i have a lot on at the moment with all the animals and children and work, something to fall back on, when my children have flown away.