Site Tag Cloud

• CommentTimeJun 27th, 2014 2:40pm (Jun 27th 2014)

That's GREAT news CC!! :)

Yeah, well, as long as he never feels the need to save us again... :rolling:
    • CommentTimeJun 28th, 2014 3:52pm (Jun 28th 2014)

CC, that is WONDERFUL news!!! :woohoo:
    • CommentTimeJun 28th, 2014 3:57pm (Jun 28th 2014)

Red, CC is right Kasper was very heroic trying to save you and Lyle from that terrible fly.:rollonfloorlaughing:
    • CommentTimeJun 28th, 2014 8:50pm (Jun 28th 2014)

There was a moth in the bedroom last night so we had to turn the lights out early and stop reading so Kasper wouldn't spot it!! :tooth:
    • CommentTimeJun 29th, 2014 4:01pm (Jun 29th 2014)

You spoil all his fun, Red...
    • CommentTimeJun 29th, 2014 9:41pm (Jun 29th 2014) edited

Yes, probably...it was me who swapped him the empty chocolate bar wrapper for a tiny treat today. The look I got was something along these lines: :glare:

I mean the choccy wrapper could have been wripped into pieces and scattered all around the living room, the fun was endless...the treat on the other hand was gone in a second! :rolling:
    • CommentTimeJul 3rd, 2014 9:24pm (Jul 3rd 2014) edited

I've meant to share this best for over a month now, but keep forgetting!

In the field where the chickens live, the geese have given birth to some little baby fluffers :bigsmile: Although they're not that little anymore! But it's been so fun watching them grow up; they were so tiny and cartoon-like in their cuteness at first, they were totally adorable. They're getting their adult feathers in now, but are still seriously sweet. We walk past them quite a lot, and we always say hi to them and tell them how cute they are!
    • CommentTimeJul 4th, 2014 6:16pm (Jul 4th 2014)

And you haven't slipped one into your pocket yet, Red??? Pics!!
    • CommentTimeJul 5th, 2014 6:24pm (Jul 5th 2014) edited

I wanted to but sheesh, those geese parents are protective!! :rolling:

I managed to get a few really rubbish pics :( The tremours in my hands / legs from my meds make it really hard to get any decent, long-distance pics so they turned out a bit rubbish...highly annoying!
      flea7.jpg
      flea1.jpg
    • CommentTimeJul 5th, 2014 6:28pm (Jul 5th 2014)

I did take this pic of one of the horses though, which I'm pretty proud of. I love the way it turned out :bigsmile:
      flea2.jpg
    • CommentTimeJul 5th, 2014 6:29pm (Jul 5th 2014)

best: had a lovely day by the seaside today and got to play crazy golf with Lyle. Favourite quote of the day from Lyle: "I shouldn't have to fight to play crazy golf"...I may have been cheating a bit because he was winning :tooth:
    • CommentTimeJul 5th, 2014 9:31pm (Jul 5th 2014)

The geese are cute, and that horse is very handsome! Assume you had good weather then. Was the Tour de France within 'reach' of you / your dad at all? Unbelievable crowds!
    • CommentTimeJul 6th, 2014 3:55pm (Jul 6th 2014)

God, I go mad if there are two cyclists abreast in the road; if I were Oop North I'd be doing my crust!
    I thought cheating was mandatory in crazy golf anyway, Red!:face-devil-grin:
    • CommentTimeJul 6th, 2014 7:31pm (Jul 6th 2014)

Its taken my son ages to get back from Whitley Bay (he had 2 ice hockey games there this weekend) because he got stuck in all the traffic, so it's not only cyclists that hold us up, their team coaches, support trucks, and fans do as well!
    • CommentTimeJul 6th, 2014 9:26pm (Jul 6th 2014)

My parents went to watch it, my dad might share the pics later I think :)

Posted By: chief chickenI thought cheating was mandatory in crazy golf anyway, Red!

Haha Lyle is unimpressed :tooth:
    • CommentTimeJul 7th, 2014 3:54pm (Jul 7th 2014)

You can tell Lyle I am a world authority on sports, Red. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!
    • CommentTimeJul 7th, 2014 4:46pm (Jul 7th 2014)

:rofl: Lyle says he is no longer your friend :tooth:
    • CommentTimeJul 7th, 2014 4:47pm (Jul 7th 2014)

(not that it's much of a loss, he's a bit useless really...he does make good pizzas though :rolling: )
    • CommentTimeJul 7th, 2014 7:49pm (Jul 7th 2014)

Be nice to see his TdF photos, as long as he wasn't one of those idiots that tried to get a selfie and almost knocked them off! It was great to see so many people there though and Yorkshire did us proud by hosting it so well.
    • CommentTimeJul 7th, 2014 10:38pm (Jul 7th 2014)

I have been glued to the tv Sat and Sun watching the T de F.

Amazing pics of Yorkshire, though often obscured by the masses of folks lining the course.
    Amazing sheep, sprayed yellow for the occasion.

I was quite disappointed with the lack of spectators on stage three to London.
    Seemed to be more of a tourists guide to the capital than a commentary on T de F.

Would have loved to see the whole parade of the support vehicles also
    but not to be found on TV, such a missed opportunity.

Hope you can show us your pics soon Neil.
    • CommentTimeJul 8th, 2014 8:08pm (Jul 8th 2014)

I don't think there should've been a stage to London - they had their time with the olympics. I missed the coverage of stage 3 but hubby says it was pretty poor when they got to the capital, lots of bits under trees and buildings, and through tunnels.
    • CommentTimeJul 11th, 2014 10:30pm (Jul 11th 2014)

best: med review went really well! :woohoo:

We're ditching two of the meds which aren't working, and lowering the one with the sucky side effects :bigsmile:
    • CommentTimeJul 11th, 2014 10:49pm (Jul 11th 2014)

Great news Red! Does that mean the tremors should reduce now?
    • CommentTimeJul 12th, 2014 5:52pm (Jul 12th 2014)

I hope it means a better time for you, Red; tremors are no fun.
    • CommentTimeJul 12th, 2014 9:19pm (Jul 12th 2014) edited

Cheers Kate! Yes, he was hopeful the tremors would subside. If they don't (or my mood isn't stable) we have to change meds completely and choose a new one.

Thanks CC, I'm really hoping they will calm down just a little, it would make me so happy ^__^
    • CommentTimeJul 12th, 2014 9:28pm (Jul 12th 2014)

best: having a lovely afternoon with my parents...they liked the house too, although first thing they did was comment on how warm it is! :rolling:
    • CommentTimeJul 12th, 2014 11:20pm (Jul 12th 2014)

At least they're trying then - good to know.

Your parents will be glad of that in the winter! It was really warm here today - about 27 degrees!
    • CommentTimeJul 12th, 2014 11:28pm (Jul 12th 2014)

Homed 3 cats (well, kittens really!) today, and a man came in and claimed his 13 year old cat who'd been there since last week. He was due to have extensive dental work this week (the cat, not the owner!) so it's saved almost a thousand pounds by him being claimed. However he'd had blood tests, flea and worming treatment, vet assessment, food, claws clipped, 'board & lodgings' but the owner just put a couple of pounds in the collection tin. I'd have been offering a lot more than that! Still, at least the cat gets his home back and maybe they'll support the centre at a later time. Can't believe he wasn't chipped - he's pedigree (again, the cat, not the owner!!)
    • CommentTimeJul 13th, 2014 4:03pm (Jul 13th 2014)

The owner OBVIOUSLY wasn't a pedigree; what a stingy git!
    • CommentTimeJul 13th, 2014 5:34pm (Jul 13th 2014)

Jeez, what a tightwad! I hope he was grateful at least?
    • CommentTimeJul 13th, 2014 6:22pm (Jul 13th 2014)

Yeah; two quid grateful!:bored:
    • CommentTimeJul 21st, 2014 8:29pm (Jul 21st 2014)

best: got a GP appt tomorrow to finally lower the med that causes the horrible tremors, jittery arms and legs and swaying :smile:

(this was the soonest appt we could get since the 11th July!). I just want to quit the med altogether, I am so sick of these side effects, but we'll lower it first and see if that helps any...
    • CommentTimeJul 22nd, 2014 5:41pm (Jul 22nd 2014)

Good luck, Red; you know your body best so I hope the GP is nice and sympathetic.
    • CommentTimeJul 22nd, 2014 7:28pm (Jul 22nd 2014)

Please let us know how you are doing with the meds now, Red. It may take a while till the symptoms go away..hoping the lower dose will help you.
    • CommentTimeJul 22nd, 2014 7:30pm (Jul 22nd 2014)

CC, any updates on how LSE is doing? I hope he's getting better.
    • CommentTimeJul 22nd, 2014 9:17pm (Jul 22nd 2014)

With some meds it's better to reduce them slowly so that the body can adjust, even if it means putting up with the side effects for a little while longer, but I'm sure your doc will advise on that. Make the most of your appointment - write things down if necessary so that you don't forget anything. Waiting a fortnight for an appointment is no joke so don't feel rushed or pressured to accept what you're told without question. Do you take Lyle with you? Another memory or pair of ears can help sometimes. Good luck!
    • CommentTimeJul 23rd, 2014 3:11am (Jul 23rd 2014)

LSE's feeding tube is now out and he's supposed to be eating normally...but he still has only his front teeth so can't chew things.Hard to make life interesting for him at mealtimes!
    • CommentTimeJul 23rd, 2014 7:51pm (Jul 23rd 2014)

Fix him a steak and put it through the blender..it worked for Don when he had to get dentures a few years ago. You can put about anything in a blender. :face-smile:

I'm so glad to hear that he doesn't have the feeding tube any longer!
    • CommentTimeJul 24th, 2014 5:39pm (Jul 24th 2014)

He doesn't want to eat 'mush'. Sigh. I am trying, but he went to the hospital today to find he'd lost a pound. :(
    • CommentTimeJul 24th, 2014 8:46pm (Jul 24th 2014) edited

CC that is such great news! ^__^ :woohoo: I hope you can think up some interesting meals though, I get sick of soup so quickly...I can ask Lyle if he can think of any meal ideas, he's good in the kitchen...

Thank you for the well wishes everyone :smile: Kate, yes Lyle comes with me to all the appt's, I am terrible at remembering anything so it's very useful to have him there!! :tooth:

Ugh, my GP can't lower the med until they get a letter from the other Dr I saw which could take 3 WEEKS!!! I can't put up with these side-effects for so long :sad: We were talking to one of our clients the other day and I noticed them staring at my arm, as well as stopping me being able to use the computer or read easily, it's also really embarrassing! :blushing:
    • CommentTimeJul 24th, 2014 9:18pm (Jul 24th 2014) edited

Lyle says:

- smoothies / milkshakes are an easy choice!

- home-made (or if bought specifically real fruit) ice lollies contain a lot of good things nutritionally without any sort of gross mushy-ness

- scrambled egg is notoriously easy to eat with little chewing effort, it could always be spruced up using any number of different cheeses or maybe even salsa

- mash potato is quite boring on it's own, but a few years ago I specifically made a vegan meal from it for Red. I think it contained leek, onion, cream and cabbage and was surprisingly tasty. I also think you could blend the non-potato ingredients and it still have a decent natural texture

I hope any of this helps, of course if it's all food that LSE detests then that's no problem too! I'll probably keep wracking my brains as well :P
    • CommentTimeJul 25th, 2014 2:06am (Jul 25th 2014)

Thanks, Lyle - I'll put some of those ideas into practice.:face-smile: He already has the high calorie shakes from the hospital. I'm trying to get him to eat clotted cream ice cream. Somebody said that whatever doctors usually frown at and say to avoid, he should be hoovering up!
    • CommentTimeJul 27th, 2014 10:22pm (Jul 27th 2014)

best: I'm doing a dog training course and passed the first module's quiz with a score of 100% :cool:
    • CommentTimeJul 27th, 2014 11:03pm (Jul 27th 2014)

Well done Red! Can't say I'm surprised - there's not a lot you don't know about dog training! Keep up the good work!
    • CommentTimeJul 28th, 2014 6:51pm (Jul 28th 2014)

Congratulations Red! Well done on your training course!
    • CommentTimeJul 28th, 2014 7:05pm (Jul 28th 2014)

You ought to be teaching THEM! Congrats!
    • CommentTimeJul 29th, 2014 6:48pm (Jul 29th 2014)

Thank you so much for the congratulations everyone :bigsmile: :woohoo: It's a really, really good course...not at all like the Academy of Dog Training and Behaviour one that referred to dominance. The course I'm doing had videos of hyenas that had been clicker trained to present different parts of their bodies to the bars of the cage, for blood tests etc. It was amazing!

Today's best: Lyle bought me a target stick combined with a clicker as a surprise, it should arrive in about a week's time! I have wanted one of these for ages, it's going to be great :tooth:
    • CommentTimeJul 29th, 2014 7:11pm (Jul 29th 2014)

??? What's a target stick, Red?
    • CommentTimeJul 30th, 2014 9:56pm (Jul 30th 2014)

It's essentially just a stick (you can use a pen, spoon etc) that you teach the dog to target with their nose, paw etc. The one Lyle bought for me has a clicker built in, so I don't have both my hands full, and you can change the length of the stick to help with fading the target too :bigsmile:
    • CommentTimeJul 31st, 2014 10:42am (Jul 31st 2014)

I think we need a video of this to make it clear please
    • CommentTimeJul 31st, 2014 4:39pm (Jul 31st 2014) edited

I can't do a video as we don't have a decent recording device, but there are some pics in this thread that should make it clearer :smile:

• CommentTimeAug 1st, 2014 10:30pm (Aug 1st 2014)

Went to see the Battle of Britain Memorial planes. They're not flying this week or next week, but we had the guided tour. Hubby was disappointed not to see them fly. I was disappointed because while we were in the hanger on the tour we could hear the tornados flying over but couldn't see them. :( Still, it was a good tour - the guide was fab!
    • CommentTimeAug 2nd, 2014 11:12am (Aug 2nd 2014)

I really think how the guide is has such a huge impact on the tour itself. Glad you enjoyed it Kate :)
    • CommentTimeSep 3rd, 2014 1:27am (Sep 3rd 2014)

My best is popping back in here to say hi everyone. :biggrin::cheerleader::cheer:
    What with some ill health in winter and some computer problems I have been laying low. Had a quick look around, lovely pics of the doggies Red and good to hear Eric improving hoping he is putting on some weight now CC. Kate and Lynn busy as always, some new pets arriving and wise words from Ollie and some tech updates from Neil. Well done all, life goes on and we all manage to push forward somehow through the highs and lows.......we are all survivors.
    Love to you all, I will try to pop back again soon. :swingin:
    Cheers
    Julie
    • CommentTimeSep 3rd, 2014 3:23am (Sep 3rd 2014)

Wooo Hooo!! Hi TM..so great to see you again! I hope you are feeling better now. How is your kitty doing? Sure have missed seeing you!
    • CommentTimeSep 3rd, 2014 6:16pm (Sep 3rd 2014)

Likewise TM, lovely to see you back here!

My best: Went to the Arboretum today - it is a lovely place. We got there early (10am - it opens at 9) and it was very peaceful. By lunchtime it was really busy - couldn't believe how many people were there. There are numerous memorials - the one that is always seen on TV is very poignant and really well designed. There is also a memorial called 'Shot at Dawn' which is dedicated to the British soldiers shot during WW1 for a variety of reasons such as desertion, cowardice, having no moral fibre, etc. Brought tears to the eye.
    • CommentTimeSep 3rd, 2014 7:35pm (Sep 3rd 2014)

Which arboretum was it, Kate? Sounds lovely.
    Hello Julie - what you been up to then to keep you away from us?
    • CommentTimeSep 3rd, 2014 9:38pm (Sep 3rd 2014)

Julie! Great to see you pop in.
    I think a lot about your Burmese cat Koko.
    I share a brown and a blue with my daughter who lives just a few doors away. They both came round to visit today. Not together, they aren't the best of pals a lot of the time.
    Brown (that's his name) now sleeps in the box of light bulbs on top of the kitchen cupboards!
    • CommentTimeSep 3rd, 2014 9:45pm (Sep 3rd 2014)

Somehow sleeping in a box of light bulbs just doesn't sound all that comfortable, Ollie..you need to have a long talk with Brown one of these days. :rollonfloorlaughing:
    • CommentTimeSep 4th, 2014 10:27pm (Sep 4th 2014)

Sorry CC, the arboretum in Alrewas nr Tamworth - its where the war memorial is, the one that's frequently on the news with all the names on the wall. They've added about 12 names of soldiers killed in 2013, including Lee Rigby. There were several poppy wreaths too - one had a poem from Lee's parents and that made me cry, as did several of the other messages. I'm such a softy - I was choked up as soon as we got there!
    • CommentTimeSep 4th, 2014 10:28pm (Sep 4th 2014)

I hope Brown is careful in those bulbs and doesn't fidget too much! I hope they're old style ones and not the new mercury filled ones!
    • CommentTimeSep 5th, 2014 6:45pm (Sep 5th 2014)

Posted By: Kateb I'm such a softy - I was choked up as soon as we got there!

I'd be the same; it's why I couldn't go to the war graves in France/Belgium.
    • CommentTimeSep 6th, 2014 4:39pm (Sep 6th 2014)

I'd have been a complete wreck if there'd been graves - not sure I could visit a war cemetery either.
    • CommentTimeSep 9th, 2014 1:37am (Sep 9th 2014) edited

Just tried to add a shot of Koko will have to check my notes and come back.
    Cheerio, back soon
    • CommentTimeSep 19th, 2014 11:06pm (Sep 19th 2014)

best: one of the dogs we walk had an operation last week, so we bought them some treats and a cuddly toy. The owners sent us such a lovely email, totally made my week :smile:

And my parents are coming tomorrow and staying over so we get to see them both days this weekend :bigsmile: Means my dad gets his birthday gifts too!
    • CommentTimeSep 20th, 2014 3:40pm (Sep 20th 2014)

Have a lovely weekend, you lot. :heart:
    • CommentTimeSep 23rd, 2014 5:40pm (Sep 23rd 2014)

Thanks :bigsmile: We had an awesome weekend, despite one days plans being scuppered by the car breaking down on the motorway!! :rolling:
    • CommentTimeSep 23rd, 2014 6:17pm (Sep 23rd 2014)

Nooo! Was it fixed all right?
    • CommentTimeSep 24th, 2014 5:34pm (Sep 24th 2014)

They managed to fix it enough so they could get home, and it's now being fully repaired I think :P
    • CommentTimeSep 24th, 2014 5:50pm (Sep 24th 2014) edited

I'm glad they got it fixed enough to get it back home, Red. I'm glad you had an awesome weekend anyway.:face-smile:
    • CommentTimeSep 26th, 2014 8:27pm (Sep 26th 2014)

Just back from my annual holiday with the midwives.
    I was rather dreading the trip as my knees are getting quite bad and I walk very slowly. Dragging my trolly is difficult.
    One of the midwives took me to the station where the railway staff took over, unasked. They saw that I got to the right places to change trains putting me aboard with my trolly stowed.
    So helpful. It seems I can book this care in advance, all free.
    I couldn't be more grateful.

:face-smile:
    • CommentTimeSep 27th, 2014 1:03am (Sep 27th 2014) edited

That sounds fabulous Ollie, did you have a good time on your trip? :)

best: Me and Lyle just saw a shooting star each! Can't find any info about a meteor shower online though...
    • CommentTimeSep 27th, 2014 5:05pm (Sep 27th 2014)

Might just have been your own personal private meteor shower, Red...:)

Glad the Merry Midwives do was the usual success, Ollie, and that the railway staff helped you so much. Are you going to send a pat-on-the-head email to them?
    • CommentTimeSep 27th, 2014 7:09pm (Sep 27th 2014)

It's nice to have you back, Ollie. I hope you had a great time with your Midwives. I'm happy that you found help to get around on the trains, that sure makes traveling so much nicer.:face-smile:
    • CommentTimeSep 27th, 2014 9:58pm (Sep 27th 2014)

Had loads of support all week. Didn't realise how bad my legs had become. Round home, going at my own pace, I seemed OK but with other folks I realise how slow I am.
    Doing more exercises and have herbal rubs to apply. Will see GP for joints injection he offered me.

We went on a day to Weleda. Round their herb fields and their laboratories. We all did a proper pre-theatre
    hand scrub before going into their labs, they were well impressed!
    Then two carrier bags of samples to take away! The whole day was free of charge.

Of course I couldn't resist winding them up with questions. Eg., why were the pills waiting to be given their dosages called unpregnated? That means they had been pregnated and then unpregnated. Not as it should be = NOT pregnated. Rather than the procedure had been UNDONE.

"Unsliced bread" hasn't been sliced and then put together again! It is correctly "NOT sliced" bread.

:face-smile:
    • CommentTimeOct 3rd, 2014 4:05pm (Oct 3rd 2014)

This is the first time I've got into the forum in a week and having to access from work. For some reason my ipad won't load the forum - I am still around and will keep trying until it's resolved. It must be a problem at my end because my work computer has loaded it with no problem. Has anyone else had problems?

Glad you had a good time Ollie and that there is still good customer service out there!
    • CommentTimeOct 4th, 2014 7:22pm (Oct 4th 2014)

Hope the forum starts working on your Ipad again soon Kate, we miss you!

The forum has been loading fine for me on the PC and tablet...I'll let my dad know just in case it is something on his end though :smile:
    • CommentTimeOct 4th, 2014 10:20pm (Oct 4th 2014)

I get the forum fine on my iPad, Kate but seeing the coop is another matter.
    • CommentTimeOct 6th, 2014 6:19pm (Oct 6th 2014)

I can get to the forum on my Kindle, but can't see the hencam on it.
    • CommentTimeOct 6th, 2014 9:22pm (Oct 6th 2014)

Posted By: LynnWI can get to the forum on my Kindle, but can't see the hencam on it.

Same but on my tablet.
    • CommentTimeOct 8th, 2014 4:02pm (Oct 8th 2014)

I've never been able to see the cam (but did download an add-on that would show it me), but I can't get hencam to load - I get half a loading bar and a white page with just the top tiny bit showing, and if I try to get to the forum it just gets halfway and sits there. I miss you all! :( Thank heaven for work computers!
    • CommentTimeOct 9th, 2014 9:19pm (Oct 9th 2014)

We miss you too Kate!
    • CommentTimeOct 10th, 2014 6:22pm (Oct 10th 2014)

Yes, gerrit fixed!:face-smile:
    • CommentTimeOct 10th, 2014 8:09pm (Oct 10th 2014) edited

I hope you can get your iPad fixed, Kate so it will work. Amazon sent an update for my Kindle and now it's dead as a rock...I'm really ticked off!:cursing:
    • CommentTimeOct 11th, 2014 11:17am (Oct 11th 2014)

Had an amazing doctor appointment yesterday!
    Both my arthritic knees injected with some magic stuff and now I can walk again instead of hobble!
    I'll be taking a swifter turn round the block today. It's wonderful to get across the room at faster than creep.
    :face-smile:
    • CommentTimeOct 11th, 2014 1:26pm (Oct 11th 2014)

Oh jeez, can you complain to someone Lynn??

That's awesome Ollie, I like the sound of this magic stuff :bigsmile:
    • CommentTimeOct 11th, 2014 6:33pm (Oct 11th 2014)

Wow, was it WD40, Ollie?:face-smile: So glad you're getting some relief at last - you've been struggling for a while, haven't you?
    • CommentTimeOct 11th, 2014 10:05pm (Oct 11th 2014)

Now I didn't realise that it was WD40.
    Wow. I do love that stuff, you can do so much with it!
    • CommentTimeOct 12th, 2014 3:35pm (Oct 12th 2014)

best: I get to leave the house today and take Kasper for a walk as Lyle is feeling better...and it looks gloriously sunny outside too! :weather_hot:
    • CommentTimeOct 12th, 2014 4:23pm (Oct 12th 2014)

Posted By: ollie in UK I do love that stuff, you can do so much with it!

One injection of it in each knee, quick dab of it behind each ear and in the cl**vage, and a dash mixed with a drop of sherry and you'll be set for anything!:face-devil-grin:

Have a lovely walk, you lot!
    • CommentTimeOct 13th, 2014 1:00am (Oct 13th 2014)

Ollie, I'm so happy to hear that you have found a bit of relief for your knees and can walk again!!:clap:
    • CommentTimeOct 15th, 2014 2:21pm (Oct 15th 2014)

I think I could do with some of that Ollie, my knees are so noisy ...! No, ipad still won't let hencam load (or the mac) so I am limited to snatching a bit of time when I'm at work. I miss you guys!
    :face-crying:

I wonder if it's something to do with 'silverlight' whatever that is, but the mac keeps asking for it to be updated if I try to load hencam.
    • CommentTimeOct 15th, 2014 3:55pm (Oct 15th 2014)

Never heard of Silverlight, Kate...get it sorted!
    • CommentTimeOct 15th, 2014 7:11pm (Oct 15th 2014)

best: Left Kasper for half an hour alone in his new XL dog crate...we came home AND THE CONE WAS STILL ON!!! :yay_jump::crazy::woohoo:
    • CommentTimeOct 15th, 2014 7:14pm (Oct 15th 2014)

Hopefully me and Lyle will be able to go meet my family for a birthday meal this Saturday :bigsmile:

We're leaving him for longer tomorrow (around an hour and a half) and if it goes well then, it's definitely on :woohoo:
    • CommentTimeOct 16th, 2014 6:43pm (Oct 16th 2014)

That IS good news...no more 24 hour a day babysitting!:face-smile:
    • CommentTimeOct 16th, 2014 9:57pm (Oct 16th 2014)

Hurray! :yay_jump:

Left him for about 1 hour 40 minutes today and cone remained on and intact when we returned!

I've also found a really good website that not only shows nearby public footpaths (which are really hard to come by; we bought an Ordnance Survey map but it's zoomed too far out to be of any use) but also lists sights of interest, including a marshland and nearby forest we could walk the dogs to! Can't wait until Kasper's paw is healed to try it out :smile:

And more good news, the basket muzzle arrived today and Kasper transferred all the previous training with the nylon muzzle across to the basket muzzle. Should speed the process up somewhat!
    • CommentTimeOct 17th, 2014 5:34pm (Oct 17th 2014)

Looks as though you're on the right track with him, Red. Now you just have to train the vet not to be so twitchy!
    • CommentTimeOct 17th, 2014 8:27pm (Oct 17th 2014)

I've got some things on stress free restraints I need to look into, so I can ask if our vet uses them. I'm also going to book a visit for Kasper and the vet once his cone is off, so they can see how he is without actually having to *do* anything with him.

One of the most important things we were told from a dog forum was never let them take him to the back room; they could restrain him badly and scare him or force a muzzle on him. Always be there!
    • CommentTimeOct 23rd, 2014 2:16pm (Oct 23rd 2014) edited

best: picked up a barrel from freecycle yesterday that had been used to hold water. Lyle (badly!) sawed the top off - he did better than I could ever have done! - and hey, we have a container pond! For free :bigsmile:

We were gonna have to buy one online or from a garden centre, and the size we wanted cost like £90, so to get it for free is awesome. It's just over 60cm high (to the water) and 60cm wide :woohoo:

I cleaned it out and filled it up a few days ago, and now we're ready for some fish!