Site Tag Cloud

• CommentTimeMay 26th, 2008 5:38am (May 26th 2008)

I finally got my camera to work again. These are my new baby Runner ducks. They are all the Emery Penciled Runners that I'm going to keep all of.
    LW_BabyDucks2-5-25-08.jpg
    • CommentTimeMay 26th, 2008 9:23am (May 26th 2008) edited

Awww, Lynn.
    This has made my morning.
    I've started my day a little late (lie in)) and felt guilty - until I saw your little ducks!
    My, Oh, my. They are little darlings.

What a strange name they have.

t will be difficult to beat this for my 'Best of the Day' item.
    • CommentTimeMay 26th, 2008 10:20am (May 26th 2008)

A sweet picture to start the day! I can see why you want to keep them all Lynn, they're gorgeous!
    • CommentTimeMay 26th, 2008 11:47am (May 26th 2008) edited

Aw Lynn, how cute are they?? I don't know which one i like best - the little one front-left or the fawny one front-right! They're absolutely lovely, i'd love to have some ducks, and ducklings of course! :heartsabove:
      CommentAuthorTori
    • CommentTimeMay 26th, 2008 11:49am (May 26th 2008)

Maybe I could smuggle some from school muahahahaa :devil:

im joking !
    • CommentTimeMay 26th, 2008 11:51am (May 26th 2008)

Have you ever tried getting close to a baby duckling when the parents are stood close by??? It's impossible - and geese are even worse :o

I want to smuggle a calf home, there's loads in the fields by us. We have a spare bedroom, he could sleep in there...or he could go in the chicken coop with the big girls. I'm sure they would LOVE him... :rolling: They were scared of Lottie, imagine what they'd be like with a cow!!
      CommentAuthorTori
    • CommentTimeMay 26th, 2008 11:57am (May 26th 2008)

Well we cant really get to them even though the monets garden has this outdoor path thing to link to the other corridoor and its all fenced off but at dinnertime , I throw in some bread and cookie hehe
    • CommentTimeMay 26th, 2008 12:59pm (May 26th 2008)

Why are they called runner ducks? They're beautiful...:)
      CommentAuthorAce
    • CommentTimeMay 26th, 2008 2:28pm (May 26th 2008)

Awwwwww. Cute duckies Lynn. Wish i could have one because they are sooooooooooooooo adorable.:heartsabove:
      CommentAuthorDianeonWhidbey
    • CommentTimeMay 26th, 2008 7:43pm (May 26th 2008)

Oh they couldn't be any cuter! Thanks for the photo Lynn. :D
    • CommentTimeMay 27th, 2008 6:18pm (May 27th 2008)

How do you tell if ducks are boys or girls, Lynn? :confused:
      CommentAuthorAce
    • CommentTimeMay 27th, 2008 6:19pm (May 27th 2008)

Do they start to change colour?
    • CommentTimeMay 27th, 2008 10:56pm (May 27th 2008)

It's hard to tell the boys from the girls, but if I go by the color of the mom and dad ducks, I've got 2 boys and 5 girls.

CC, they call them Runner Ducks because they don't waddle like a regular duck, they stand bolt upright and run everywhere in a line. They are a hoot to watch..we spend a lot of time looking out the window at them and laughing.
    • CommentTimeMay 28th, 2008 2:59pm (May 28th 2008)

Oooo, comedy ducks!! :)
    • CommentAuthorJoe
    • CommentTimeMay 28th, 2008 4:03pm (May 28th 2008)

cool baby ducks theyre so cute Lynn:rainbow:
    • CommentTimeMay 28th, 2008 4:09pm (May 28th 2008) edited

Hello Joe, how's it going? Why aren't you at work??
    • CommentTimeMay 28th, 2008 4:12pm (May 28th 2008)

Joe will be gutted, CC. He's been on the forum for ages, apparantly, and there was nobody online to talk to. He even phoned me up to complain. Then he boogers off and you come online :D
    • CommentTimeMay 28th, 2008 4:13pm (May 28th 2008)

I have a way with children...:devil:
    • CommentTimeMay 28th, 2008 4:14pm (May 28th 2008)

You had your sprog radar on didn't you?? The minute it came up clear you were straight onto the forum... :)
    • CommentTimeMay 28th, 2008 4:18pm (May 28th 2008)

That must be it...though it usually works the other way; if brats come into a pub/restaurant where I'm sitting, even if there were 10,000,000 empty tables (or sixteen, if Peter was there) the family with brats will alwaysalwaysalwaysalways sit next to me. And scream. And misbehave. I believe it to be a variant of the behaviour whereby a cat always sits on the lap of the cat-hater.
    • CommentTimeMay 28th, 2008 5:44pm (May 28th 2008)

:rolling:

CC, you'd hate to be in a restaurant with our family... :o
    • CommentTimeMay 28th, 2008 6:05pm (May 28th 2008)

There was a 'suggestions please' card on the table at the Beefeater once, and it said 'we will contact you about your suggestions'. Many years on, no reply and STILL no leg shackles for anyone under four feet tall. :\
    • CommentTimeMay 28th, 2008 6:57pm (May 28th 2008)

>Many years on, no reply and STILL no leg shackles for anyone under four feet tall.<

CC, you're too much. :rolling:
    • CommentTimeMay 28th, 2008 10:17pm (May 28th 2008)

This probably isn't the right thread but who cares - I'll forget if I look for somewhere else to post it.

A colleague (male, doctor) overheard me tell my friend that I had to take Patrick to the vet and he said he couldn't believe I'd wasted my money and should've had it put down. He then said his mom's friend pays £50 a month for insulin for her cat and that they should wring its neck instead. (Yes, caring aren't they our medics). I said that people can be as attached to pets as to kids and would he suggest they were put down for such things. He said that was silly, they were kids and of course shouldn't be. I told him to come meet the kids who live near me - he'd soon change his mind. (Needless to say he's off my Christmas card list - not that I have one, but if I did he'd have a big red line through his name).
      CommentAuthorAce
    • CommentTimeMay 28th, 2008 10:21pm (May 28th 2008)

What a big meanny he is.:fierce: He is off my Christmas card list too! Not that he was ever on it!
    • CommentTimeMay 28th, 2008 10:22pm (May 28th 2008)

I hope he never goes into psychology with that mentality!
      CommentAuthorTori
    • CommentTimeMay 28th, 2008 10:27pm (May 28th 2008)

Mine too ! ( not that I send xmas cards ! ) heehee
    • CommentTimeMay 29th, 2008 7:30am (May 29th 2008)

Kate, he'd be off my Christmas card list too and onto a different list.
      CommentAuthorAce
    • CommentTimeMay 29th, 2008 10:47am (May 29th 2008)

Hate card list!:devil:
    • CommentTimeMay 29th, 2008 11:10am (May 29th 2008)

is there an address we can send some runny poo to him?
      CommentAuthorAce
    • CommentTimeMay 29th, 2008 1:27pm (May 29th 2008)

:D Good one Neil.:)
    • CommentTimeMay 29th, 2008 4:02pm (May 29th 2008)

I hope he's pathologist...less chance of upsetting a patient with that bad attitude.
    Actually, the more male doctors I see, the gladder I am of my female GP. In the days when we took numbers and hung them up under the doctors' names
    at our practice, it was very noticeable that the male docs got through consultations a hell of a lot faster than the women. So I always try to see a woman doctor if my GP's off.
    Though it has to be said that on the whole I'd prefer a vet...:)
      CommentAuthorDianeonWhidbey
    • CommentTimeMay 29th, 2008 7:20pm (May 29th 2008)

He's off my list as well.

And WHY is Neil so fixated on R P suddenly. WHY OH WHY???
      CommentAuthorAce
    • CommentTimeMay 29th, 2008 7:37pm (May 29th 2008)

I don't know. But it is funny!:D
    • CommentTimeMay 29th, 2008 8:16pm (May 29th 2008)

Because we love to kick your bucket, poppet! :)
    • CommentTimeMay 29th, 2008 9:10pm (May 29th 2008)

I'm starting to feel just a little bit sorry for Diane now... :(

*cough cough* runny poo *cough*
    :rolling:
    • CommentTimeMay 29th, 2008 10:04pm (May 29th 2008)

He's a qualified doc but has chosen to train to be a public health specialist. Therefore, he'll tell us all what's good for us without ever having to see an ill person. I think I should suggest a study into how pets help people suffering from serious illness and therefore the NHS should start paying for pets and / or veterinary care. He could be put in charge of proving it!!
      CommentAuthornancy
    • CommentTimeMay 29th, 2008 11:19pm (May 29th 2008)

Is it just me or has runny poo infected every forum in hencam?
    • CommentTimeMay 30th, 2008 12:39am (May 30th 2008)

Nancy I think we have runny poo in every thread in the forum now.:rolling:
      CommentAuthornancy
    • CommentTimeMay 30th, 2008 2:16am (May 30th 2008)

Wow and to think it started out as a innocent question of chicken health:|
    • CommentTimeMay 30th, 2008 10:21am (May 30th 2008)

It's now the Legend of Runny Poo :D
      CommentAuthorAce
    • CommentTimeMay 30th, 2008 10:23am (May 30th 2008)

And hillarious too!:D
    • CommentTimeMay 30th, 2008 6:22pm (May 30th 2008)

Kate, is he one of those gits who are trying to tell me to drink a thimbleful of sherry every other Christmas or my eyes will drop out? If so, poke him with a sharp stick and say it's from me.
      CommentAuthorDianeonWhidbey
    • CommentTimeMay 30th, 2008 7:40pm (May 30th 2008)

Kate this is a grand idea! Can you really do that? You go girl!
    • CommentTimeMay 30th, 2008 8:06pm (May 30th 2008)

Yes CC, just that sort of thing exactly!

Wish I could Diane - wouldn't it be great! Pets could be compulsory!
    • CommentTimeMay 31st, 2008 10:58am (May 31st 2008)

Isn't there a hospital or something where they do that, and bring in dogs to visit people? Or is it an old people's home? Or i could just be making it up... :confused:
    • CommentTimeMay 31st, 2008 5:40pm (May 31st 2008)

It's the PAT scheme, I think. Excellent idea. Totally negated by them allowing kids to visit...:\
    • CommentTimeMay 31st, 2008 5:44pm (May 31st 2008)

Really? So i didn't imagine it?
    • CommentTimeMay 31st, 2008 5:45pm (May 31st 2008)

Nope. Google it...I think the dogs are called PAT dogs.
    • CommentTimeMay 31st, 2008 5:46pm (May 31st 2008)

Oh good! I asked my mum if she had heard about it and she looked at me like i was going crazy...she does that quite a lot, mind you.
    • CommentTimeMay 31st, 2008 5:49pm (May 31st 2008)

You get used to it after 47 years...
    • CommentTimeMay 31st, 2008 5:52pm (May 31st 2008)

They have cats too, and in America one lady takes her rats!
    • CommentTimeMay 31st, 2008 6:03pm (May 31st 2008)

I would imagine the sight of the rat might finish some people off completely!
    • CommentTimeMay 31st, 2008 6:07pm (May 31st 2008)

I've seen a picture of an old lady with one - she looks very unsure at first, but apparently fell in love with them and couldn't believe how sweet they are.

Any more photos of your ducks Lynn? I love runner ducks.
      CommentAuthorDianeonWhidbey
    • CommentTimeJun 2nd, 2008 6:58pm (Jun 2nd 2008)

I was just wondering about the ducklings myself Kate. Like minds again.

In Langley, where I live, dogs (and I presume cats) are allowed in most stores, etc... Not in areas where food is prepared but - the library, the post office, retail outlets. And many shops have doggie water dishes sitting outside their doors. The joke is that every Langley car has a dog (or two) in it.
    • CommentTimeJun 2nd, 2008 7:00pm (Jun 2nd 2008)

Wow - its the reverse over here. The only store I know of that allows dogs is Pets at Home. I went in a few weeks ago and there was a gorgeous dog hoovering spilt dog food off the floor!!!!
      CommentAuthorTori
    • CommentTimeJun 2nd, 2008 9:12pm (Jun 2nd 2008)

Oooh I just want to get jemima on her lead and take her on a walk to the library heehee now that would be fun !!
      CommentAuthorAce
    • CommentTimeJun 2nd, 2008 9:14pm (Jun 2nd 2008)

I bought my cat a lead. She hates it and won't get up when i put it on her.
      CommentAuthorTori
    • CommentTimeJun 2nd, 2008 9:16pm (Jun 2nd 2008)

My cat just lies there on her wobbly belly so I drag her on the wooden floor heeheee
      CommentAuthorAce
    • CommentTimeJun 2nd, 2008 9:16pm (Jun 2nd 2008)

Funny.:D
    • CommentTimeJun 2nd, 2008 11:01pm (Jun 2nd 2008)

I tried to put a harness on Tuppence. It was like trying to nail jelly to the ceiling. :\
    • CommentTimeJun 3rd, 2008 5:41am (Jun 3rd 2008)

I haven't had time to take anymore pictures of my baby ducks yet, but I'll take some tomorrow. They are growing like little weeds.
      CommentAuthorDianeonWhidbey
    • CommentTimeJun 3rd, 2008 6:15am (Jun 3rd 2008)

Ducklings AND kidlings. :D
      CommentAuthorDianeonWhidbey
    • CommentTimeJun 3rd, 2008 6:17am (Jun 3rd 2008)

My ex-hubby and I put our black cat Razzle in a halter and tried to get him to walk with us down the side walk. He wouldn't get up either so we kept (gently) dragging him, hoping he would get up and then we could walk him. And African American guy was watching us and eventually accused us of being racists (because Razzle was black.) So we quit torturing our cat.
    • CommentTimeJun 3rd, 2008 6:29am (Jun 3rd 2008)

So you were taking your kitty for a pull around the block? :bigsmile:
    I tried that with one of my cats years ago..same thing..he sucked down to the floor and wouldn't move. He thought we were trying to kill him.
      CommentAuthorDianeonWhidbey
    • CommentTimeJun 3rd, 2008 6:40am (Jun 3rd 2008)

They are smarter than they look.
    • CommentTimeJun 3rd, 2008 4:22pm (Jun 3rd 2008)

Why does having a black cat make you a racist? Or was it the fact that you were taking it for a drag...?
      CommentAuthorDianeonWhidbey
    • CommentTimeJun 3rd, 2008 6:32pm (Jun 3rd 2008)

Unfortunately, I don't think the guy cared as much about the cat as the color of the cat. Either way - he kind of helped us see that our plan wasn't the greatest...
    • CommentTimeJun 3rd, 2008 7:32pm (Jun 3rd 2008)

Blimey it's amazing how racism taints everything that isn't racist! I had to laugh when a customer was explaining why she didn't want her kids to go to a local school which is 95% Asian/Black, because she thought it important for her kids to have a balanced education, not weighted in one direction. 'I'm not being racist or anything,' she said, hurriedly.
    She's Indian! :D
    • CommentTimeJun 3rd, 2008 11:07pm (Jun 3rd 2008)

My friend and I used to take her cat for walks around the block on a lead - it was a great cat with 6 toes on each foot (polydactyl). It got out one day and got run over. :( Never learnt what a car was because we used to control where it went.