Site Tag Cloud

• CommentTimeApr 6th, 2009 2:59pm (Apr 6th 2009)

oh just look at Thomas enjoying the fire how cute. It sounds like a fantastic place and being only half an hour away you can always take a picnic and have a good day out to top up your sence of peacefulness when needed
    • CommentTimeApr 6th, 2009 3:17pm (Apr 6th 2009)

Thanks nn, we are so lucky to be able to live near the sea and enjoy the benefits.
    I was so impressed with all your kitty pics they are so beautiful I just want to hug them all. The last pic looks like a 'meer cat' kitty sitting up there.
    I grew up with hens and ducks so am familiar with their antics and would love to own hens again one day.
    • CommentTimeApr 6th, 2009 3:27pm (Apr 6th 2009) edited

Thank you Trev's Mum. I love the sea and the shore and I can tell that you do as well, we have a two hour drive to go to the shore but we dont let that stop us and often go for the day. I think I told you before that my son loves fishing so I often go with him. The meerkitty is Daisy she was looking at the TV remote and getting ready to give it a good smacking. She doesnt like it one little bit, we think she must be bothered by the infra red or what ever operates the TV. The othere are not bothered by it though
    • CommentTimeApr 6th, 2009 5:18pm (Apr 6th 2009)

Julie, did I get Trev hooked on real fires when he was here? :D
    Splendidly purple birthday; I can't be bothered to organise all that for mine though, so I spect it'll be just an ordinary multi-coloured birthday!
    Lovely pics; did the lighthouse keep you awake?
    • CommentTimeApr 6th, 2009 8:01pm (Apr 6th 2009)

Great pics Trevs Mum! So glad you had a good break. We love pictures!
      CommentAuthorAce
    • CommentTimeApr 6th, 2009 11:59pm (Apr 6th 2009) edited

Here are some pics that i took when i went to visit Red in Keele.

Keele Hall

Keele Hall

Illegal BBQ outside E Block.

BBQ at E Block

Food for the BBQ.

Food!

Proof that you can actually BBQ curly fries!

BBQed curly frie

Negative BBQed curly frie.

Photobucket
    • CommentTimeApr 7th, 2009 12:08am (Apr 7th 2009)

Great pics Ace, num num. Does this mean if you eat a negative curly fry it has no calories??:wink:
    • CommentTimeApr 7th, 2009 12:17am (Apr 7th 2009)

Posted By: chief chickenJulie, did I get Trev hooked on real fires when he was here?:D
    Lovely pics; did the lighthouse keep you awake?

um CC I dont get the question about Trev and fires??
    The lighthouse oh yes it was operating but the red light did not bother us at all. It was masked somewhat from the back so it didnt flash us at all.
    A man came banging on the door one evening, scared the heck out of me as it was the door we kept locked as we used the other one. He was in the area and came to take photos of the lighthouse and wanted to warn us :surprised:(he said because of terroists the government wanted people to be more aware!!!) and that the flashing going on was just an innocent photographer but in the process he scared me anyway!!!.
    Nothing ordinary about a multicloured birthday CC, you will have a ball anyway.
    • CommentTimeApr 7th, 2009 12:37am (Apr 7th 2009) edited

Brill pics everyone!

Ace that BBQ looks damned good! And that photo of Keele Hall is really beautiful, looks even better on the 'pooter.
      CommentAuthorAce
    • CommentTimeApr 7th, 2009 12:46am (Apr 7th 2009)

Yeh it does look better. Who would've thought that a mobile could take such good pics. ;)
    • CommentTimeApr 7th, 2009 12:38pm (Apr 7th 2009)

The Keele hall photo is real good it is amazing that it came from a mobile. Is that a fish rising in the foreground or something thrown in the water?
      CommentAuthorAce
    • CommentTimeApr 7th, 2009 12:42pm (Apr 7th 2009)

We were throwing stones into the water so that's what caused the ripple. ;)
    • CommentTimeApr 7th, 2009 12:46pm (Apr 7th 2009) edited

Sparrow hawk ?

This hawk came to visit this morning I wondered why my hens were all in hiding. I grabbed the camera up quickly and got this fairly good shot from my kitchen window. Not bad seeings as the glass wasn't exactly clean
      CommentAuthorAce
    • CommentTimeApr 7th, 2009 12:53pm (Apr 7th 2009)

Wow that's one cool pic. Thanks for sharing it with us. ;)
    • CommentTimeApr 7th, 2009 1:20pm (Apr 7th 2009)

Ah so it was stones well it sure made for an interesting shot. I thought you might like the hawk. Is it a sparrow hawk What do you think?
    • CommentTimeApr 7th, 2009 7:13pm (Apr 7th 2009)

I think it might be...lovely picture!
    Julie, when Trev visited us, we had the fire alight. I think he was quite glad to see it, bless 'im! Where IS Trev, anyway? Was he terribly hung over from your purple party??
      CommentAuthorVictoria
    • CommentTimeApr 7th, 2009 9:15pm (Apr 7th 2009)

That negative image of a curly fry looks quite impressively like the sort of photos of space that show galaxies and clouds of swirling gas in strange bright colours. How odd.

The BBQ food looks very healthy, by the way. (Hmm, sarcasm really doesn't work too well in writing, does it?) I can see loads of bread rolls, Pringles, Curly Fries and Magnums. Plus a couple of unidentified bags one of which might be salad...but probably isn't.:bigsmile:
      CommentAuthorAce
    • CommentTimeApr 7th, 2009 9:58pm (Apr 7th 2009)

Yeh it was salad! The blue bag is kettle chips. :) I thought the same thing about the negative curly frie, it looks like something from out of this world. ;)
    • CommentTimeApr 7th, 2009 11:48pm (Apr 7th 2009)

Brill photo Nanny N!

That's a big barbie for a throw away one!
    • CommentTimeApr 8th, 2009 12:20am (Apr 8th 2009)

Hey, it was a fairly healthy BBQ - me and Ace had vegetable burgers that had less than 2% fat per burger ;)
    • CommentTimeApr 9th, 2009 3:38am (Apr 9th 2009)

Posted By: chief chickenI think it might be...lovely picture!

CC, Trev has been very busy and all will be revealed very soon, pics and story to come!!! He recovered well from my party but the cafe had never seen so many empties :drunk:in their :cheers2:recycling bin and had to take some to the neighbours so the garbos wouldn't think they drank heaps !!! LOL. he he he!!!
      CommentAuthorJonny
    • CommentTimeApr 9th, 2009 3:46am (Apr 9th 2009)

Woo-hoo Trev!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    • CommentTimeApr 9th, 2009 4:09pm (Apr 9th 2009)

That's my girl!!
    • CommentTimeApr 16th, 2009 11:50pm (Apr 16th 2009) edited

beach
    Pic from when we went to see my little cousins up in Newcastle - we stopped off at a beach before we went to theirs. I have more pics on my camera, but haven't put them on the 'pooter yet.
    Left-right: me, Tom & mum
    • CommentAuthorShobhna
    • CommentTimeApr 17th, 2009 8:07am (Apr 17th 2009)

sandy beach...blue sky.
    looks good.
    • CommentTimeApr 17th, 2009 11:15am (Apr 17th 2009)

It was beautiful, especially as we were all quite stressed out so it was nice to stop off and unwind before going back to it all. We went and played crazy golf, and the course had dinosaur models hidden in bushes, and that you had to hit around etc etc. A few of them even spat water at you whilst you took your shot, it was brill! :)
      CommentAuthorhello people=p
    • CommentTimeApr 21st, 2009 8:50pm (Apr 21st 2009)

oo i wanna put on a pic of my dog and cat!!!!
    • CommentTimeApr 21st, 2009 9:15pm (Apr 21st 2009)

Go for it! We'd love to see pics - not too big though! ;)
      CommentAuthorhello people=p
    • CommentTimeApr 21st, 2009 9:16pm (Apr 21st 2009)

ok but um how do i put a pic on? vicki doesnt know
    • CommentTimeApr 21st, 2009 9:20pm (Apr 21st 2009)

Use photobucket, it's the easiest method (well, i think so ;) )

Here's a good thread on the forum on how to post pics using photobucket - most members find Diane's instructions easiest to follow, and if you scroll a little down the first page you'll find them!

See how far you can get, and if you get stuck post a comment and someone will try and help! :)
    • CommentTimeApr 21st, 2009 9:22pm (Apr 21st 2009)

Or, if all else fails, email me or my dad (you can use the easter comp email if you want, it'll still get to us ;) ) and we'll re-size your pics and post them up for you! :P
      CommentAuthorhello people=p
    • CommentTimeApr 21st, 2009 9:28pm (Apr 21st 2009)

ok photobucket is randomly rejecting me, dont know why, so i'll email them.
    • CommentTimeApr 21st, 2009 9:32pm (Apr 21st 2009) edited

Meh, it plays up sometimes, but email us it, that's fine :001_smile:
      CommentAuthorhello people=p
    • CommentTimeApr 21st, 2009 9:36pm (Apr 21st 2009)

ok ive emailed you now!
    • CommentTimeApr 21st, 2009 10:02pm (Apr 21st 2009)

Here are hello people =P 's photos:

charlie xmas pressie
    Her beautiful dog Charlie with his Christmas present :)

charlie
    Charlie again - his face is so cool hello people!

oscar cat
    Her cat Oscar

oscar
    Thanks for sharing hello people! :)
    • CommentTimeApr 21st, 2009 11:40pm (Apr 21st 2009)

Lovely tuck-dive position from Oscar there! Charlie's face is great - he looks like he's wearing half a mask!
      CommentAuthorJonny
    • CommentTimeApr 22nd, 2009 12:10am (Apr 22nd 2009)

Oooh I like Charlie, Lucy!
      CommentAuthorJonny
    • CommentTimeApr 22nd, 2009 12:12am (Apr 22nd 2009)

I give Oscar a 9.9 for the 10m somersault in the tuck position!
    • CommentTimeApr 22nd, 2009 1:00am (Apr 22nd 2009)

You are lucky to have such beautiful pets Hello people, Gharlie reminds me of one of the periot type clowns with his half mask, he has such a sweet expression. I love Oscars little white slippers on his front paws and boots on his rear paws.
    • CommentTimeApr 22nd, 2009 6:23pm (Apr 22nd 2009)

Charlie seems to like those huge chews! They're known as 'postman's legs' around here...:)
      CommentAuthorhello people=p
    • CommentTimeApr 22nd, 2009 7:20pm (Apr 22nd 2009)

lol postmans legs... that chew was massive though thats why it was a christmas prezzie. hehe im glad you like his face we always liked it it's cute but my mum says its odd! she does love him lots though. once he drank out of her cup of tea, and when she came into the room we told her and she still drank it! i never thought of oscar as a diver in that picture before, although now you mention it... it's really funny because i've got a picture of a black and white cow in exactly the same position! i put them on a lolcat site saying 'spot the difference'!
      CommentAuthorTori
    • CommentTimeApr 22nd, 2009 7:27pm (Apr 22nd 2009)

hehe loooocy nom does charlie like cheese ?? random !!
      CommentAuthorhello people=p
    • CommentTimeApr 22nd, 2009 7:42pm (Apr 22nd 2009)

um yh i think so, he always tries to steal it when im grating! oscar lurrvvveesss cheese i gave him some =D
    • CommentTimeApr 23rd, 2009 12:45pm (Apr 23rd 2009)

Sid pics :)

sid's house 1
    This is Sid's new house, which he seems to enjoy because of the extra height so he can go climbing everywhere!

sid
    SID!

sid3
    Trying some aubergine

sid's foot
    Climbing up the sides - ewwww :P

hello sid

slimy sid!
    Saying hello! :seeya:
    • CommentAuthorhqtrev
    • CommentTimeApr 23rd, 2009 12:51pm (Apr 23rd 2009)

WOW that's awesome. I didn't realise Sid had accommodation of the pointy variety. He looks huge.
    • CommentTimeApr 23rd, 2009 1:16pm (Apr 23rd 2009)

wow that's a snail and a half, I didn't realise he would have a pointy house either. I can hear you talking to the girls, got my sound on today !!
      CommentAuthorhello people=p
    • CommentTimeApr 23rd, 2009 8:03pm (Apr 23rd 2009)

WOWWWW you have giant african land snail!!!!!! ihyad 3 but my sister let them hibernate too long and they died blub :crying:
    • CommentAuthorShobhna
    • CommentTimeApr 24th, 2009 8:15am (Apr 24th 2009)

Wow. Sid is handsome specially in the pic where he looks like he is eating a lettuce leaf with that huge chunk missing out of the apple next to him.
    • CommentTimeApr 24th, 2009 11:00am (Apr 24th 2009)

His shell is pretty impressive! Aw that's sad Lucy!

init, he eats a surprising ammount! You can see little teeth marks and nibbles in the food he has been eating, he went for some mushroom and aubergine today :)

I dread to think what Milly would try and do with him if she ever saw him :o
    • CommentAuthorhqtrev
    • CommentTimeApr 25th, 2009 3:39am (Apr 25th 2009)

Yeah I think Milly's eyes would light up, lol.

Here is some pics of what I have been busy doing recently.
    This is my parents old wood shed where fire wood was stored and split. The concrete floor suffered from the axe blows over the years, and tin roof was leaky. I took custody of the wood fire heater a few years ago, so the unused shed was eventually to be demolished. But then Dad had an idea...

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

It is now more or less complete, with a few finishing touches required here and there. I helped choose an appropriate computer, and set up a wireless internet link to the new office.
    Mum will fill you in on more details of why they need a small office in the back yard, after I fix her computer, lol.
    • CommentAuthorfrogdust
    • CommentTimeApr 25th, 2009 5:44am (Apr 25th 2009)

Agin I will state the obvious ! Sid is a hudge snail! And he is beautiful too!
    Trev How clever! Very nice ! You can come to my place and do the make over of my detached garadge! Do tell me about your Office and why you need it -trev's mum.
    • CommentTimeApr 25th, 2009 7:53am (Apr 25th 2009)

Great looking office, Trev..nice job! Now we have to wait till Julie can tell us about it...ok Julie..we're waiting *tap* *tap* tap*..Oh Julie..where are you??:mdr:
    • CommentAuthorfrogdust
    • CommentTimeApr 25th, 2009 8:18am (Apr 25th 2009)

:lol:
    • CommentTimeApr 25th, 2009 10:11am (Apr 25th 2009) edited

Looks good Trev - such a difference from before!

I came down from sorting James (who hasn't left any skin on his tail tip, huzzah!) to get Sid out because i noticed he was awake when i came back from my shower. I go to get him out...and he is asleep :glare:
    • CommentAuthorhqtrev
    • CommentTimeApr 25th, 2009 3:41pm (Apr 25th 2009)

How do you know when a snail is asleep ? Is it as simple as seeing them withdrawn into their shell ?

Yesterday I was at my parents and mum informed me that Hencam was no longer visible on her computer. The site would come up, but there was an issue with the streaming video. As I was looking to see what players and codecs were working, the monitor died !
    So today I bought a new one and got mum running again, and sorted hencam out. Soon mum will be back, and no doubt post a novel about the recent goings on in oz, lol.
    • CommentTimeApr 25th, 2009 5:04pm (Apr 25th 2009)

:rocking:How v. intriguing...
    • CommentTimeApr 25th, 2009 6:17pm (Apr 25th 2009)

It will be good to have her back I have missed her, I wondered where she was and what she was up to
    • CommentAuthorShobhna
    • CommentTimeApr 26th, 2009 7:17am (Apr 26th 2009)

I'm waiting on news of this new office too... :-)
    • CommentTimeApr 26th, 2009 10:27am (Apr 26th 2009)

Hi Hencammers
    It’s great to be back.
    This is my absent note, it’s rather long but bear with me and you will see we have been very busy indeed here in OZ.
    Well it has been many months in the planning but Brian (the MOTH) has almost finished setting up a digital printing business here at home. He was recently retrenched so this is a dream finally come true for him.
    Our wood shed has experienced an amazing transformation from a thin corrugated 3metre by 3 metre tin shed to a cosy and cheerful home office. More astounding in fact than the fairy god mother turning a pumpkin into a golden coach.

Brian began with the concrete floor which was gouged and cracked from many years of vigorous wood chopping. He then replaced the rusty roof with nice new tin sheets, correctly attached so they would not end up in the next street during one of our wild storms.

He nailed many metres of wooden batons around the walls to provide a framework for the sheeting and insulation.

An electrician appeared and laid the first cables within a day then promptly disappeared (as they do) for several weeks despite many fruitless phone calls. He kept evading our pleas to the point we were going to cancel him as he was holding up progress.

While we spent a much needed break at Aireys Inlet for a week, our sons Shane and Trevor promised to replace a down pipe on the side of the shed at it was well past its use by date.

Unknown to us Shane took a week off work and with Trev’s after hours assistance they finished putting up the batons, insulated then lined the interior completely and refined the concrete floor started by Brian. It still has a few lumps but is a huge improvement on the original. They also dug the 50cm deep x 3 metre trench to run underground power cables from the garage.
    Upon our return from Aireys Inlet Brian wandered out the back to check the down pipe and got the shock of his life, the shed was lined and ready for him to commence painting. It was a truly moving moment for us both, we have such wonderful sons. They have put in many hours of hard work and support and it means so much to us both.
    Brian painted the interior a fresh pale green (leftover paint from exterior of house) then bought underlay and carpet which really gave the space an office feel at last. A door was purchased and fitted with the help of one of Trevs mates and all the correct tools. You absolutely must have the RIGHT tools for the job.

A promised computer failed to materialise so Trevor and Brian went off on a man’s mission for several hours and returned with a new computer and all the associated bits to ensure we stayed on track as the copy machine needed internet connection before it could be installed. Then Trev and another mate installed the new computer.

Our home phone has three handsets and they also work as an intercom, so now Brian and I can ‘intercom’ each other. I bought Brian a notice board, a mat and a rubbish bin to complete the scene.

Hurrah, the copy machine arrived this week and he has successfully printed his first job, our theatre group newsletter, which he thought was quite fitting. I have been designing business cards and letterhead and a logo, it’s a cute little bumble bee.
    The business name is Busy B’s Digital Print.

To thank our supportive family we are taking them all back to the coast for a long weekend to Aireys Inlet where we stayed recently, to have a break together and to say thanks, in 3 weeks. We will take more pics of us and the rock, maybe I can get the fellas to go abseiling from it ……he he he.
    Oh yes my original plan for the old wood shed was…………wait for it......A CHICKEN COOP but what the heck, it will have to wait for now.
    Now I have much catching up to do reading the latest news here.
    • CommentTimeApr 26th, 2009 10:33am (Apr 26th 2009)

What a wonderful set of boys you have around you Julie. It must be great to have a big family. Mine is minute but I married a guy with lots so I use them!
    • CommentTimeApr 26th, 2009 12:59pm (Apr 26th 2009)

What a lovely news update, it is so good to hear about the family all pulling together. Good luck with the new venture and I look forward to seeing the photos and news about the Aireys Inlet break
    • CommentTimeApr 26th, 2009 6:03pm (Apr 26th 2009)

Wow, Julie...that's truly wonderful news..you certainly do have a couple of nice boys there, to have helped out like that. I hope your new business will be a great success.
    • CommentTimeApr 26th, 2009 8:47pm (Apr 26th 2009)

What good boys! *pat on head for good boys*
    Remember us when you're a multimillionaire...:)
    • CommentTimeApr 26th, 2009 9:13pm (Apr 26th 2009)

When I saw the first picture I immediately thought the last was going to be chickens moving in!!

Your sons are great (do they want to give my 2 a few pointers?) Good luck with with new business venture!
      CommentAuthorJonny
    • CommentTimeApr 27th, 2009 5:51am (Apr 27th 2009) edited

Wow...you two certainly did a good job raising those two! Hoorah for the young gentleman!

Technical question for Brian: What kind of copier/printer did he get? I'm work for a medium-sized printer here in Canada,
    • CommentTimeApr 27th, 2009 10:39am (Apr 27th 2009)

Hi Jonny,
    Brian says its a Canon,(his favourite brand) a top of the range copier, not a really big one but he has plans to get a second machine in a couple of months. He did his apprenticeship in Denmark during the Viking era, travelled thru Europe, worked at Heidelberg in Germany as a quality inspector and has seen many changes to the printing industry during the past 45 years. (He is 47 years old!!!).
    If you have an excess of work, send it over and he will do the job and deliver himself.:shop:
    • CommentAuthorShobhna
    • CommentTimeApr 27th, 2009 2:06pm (Apr 27th 2009) edited

what lovely news to read. you have great sons.
    now we all need to come over for an inspection tour.
    I will book my visit for December. :-)
      CommentAuthorJonny
    • CommentTimeApr 27th, 2009 11:36pm (Apr 27th 2009) edited

Hi TM! Well we already have a print partner down there (Pirion/Blue Dart)! :)

We do mostly course materials for the biggies (Oracle, Cisco. Sun, etc). Our volumes are quite high though!

For Brian (to drool over): We have (we're divided into 5 companies) a 10 colour Heidelberg, 3 6 colour Heidelbergs, a couple of 3 or 4 colour Heidlebergs, and various other offset stuff in our offset branch.

Our Xerography branch has 17 Xerox Docutech 90/180's

Our variable branch has a bunch of Docutechs and a 2 brand-new Xerox 490/980 roll-fed 4 colour machines, As well as 2 Xerox iGen 3's

Our other branch does blueprints,signs, etc.

As well we do full fulfillment services.

We have print partners all over the world to level out the playing field!

Sorry for the length of the post! :)

My branch handles the IT part of the company, including doing electronic statement presentation (part of my bit) and supporting the IT needs of the other companies (my branch is internal).
    • CommentTimeApr 30th, 2009 2:42am (Apr 30th 2009)

he he thanks everyone, we are inded fortunate to have such great sons and family support.

Jonny I just emailed your post out to Brian in office, he will be impressed as I was!! He is used to working in a much larger environement to this is a new challenge for him.

Bookings for guided tours will be available shortly. We feel we should actually have an official opening of some sort and give away free stickers or chocolate copy machines or something!!!!
    • CommentTimeApr 30th, 2009 8:58am (Apr 30th 2009)

That would be such fun T's Mum, just the guided tour would be good for me, tis a long,long way to come for an afternoon out I'm afraid.
      CommentAuthorhello people=p
    • CommentTimeApr 30th, 2009 5:26pm (Apr 30th 2009)

hmm... theres only one man in my house (my dad) unless you count our dog and cat! (they especially dont count, cos theyve had the chop!!) it's strange really, cos both my parents dont have any sisters, just brothers (dad is oldest of 3, mum youngest of 4), but im youngest of 3 and they both sisters!!! funny thing... hmm i sed too many brackets whoops im rambling sorryyyyy eeeeeeekkkkkkk shut up me urgh
    • CommentTimeApr 30th, 2009 10:18pm (Apr 30th 2009)

My family are just the opposite. We are all women. Only two recorded sons until my son doubled this by having two sons of his own!
    • CommentTimeMay 3rd, 2009 5:10pm (May 3rd 2009)

Great to see the pictures it certainly looked like you all had a real fun time.
    • CommentTimeMay 3rd, 2009 6:42pm (May 3rd 2009)

Looks brilliant...the sort of day you'll remember when you're old!
      CommentAuthorDianeonWhidbey
    • CommentTimeMay 3rd, 2009 7:24pm (May 3rd 2009)

Wow - university is rough over there...! :D Loved the pics, Red.

Hey Julie! This will seem like a totally random question but what kind of flooring did you put in your office? I could see just a little corner of it. Looked interesting. (I built an office on my property recently and the flooring is still something I am struggling with...)

Best wishes for your new venture!
    • CommentTimeMay 3rd, 2009 7:36pm (May 3rd 2009)

Haha Diane, university should be like one big camping trip!! No worries or anything, just BBQ's and paddling :D
    • CommentTimeMay 4th, 2009 12:02pm (May 4th 2009)

Diane
    thanks for that. The floor is concrete then carpet underlay, then carpet, quite nice to walk on.

Red
    great pics , you all look like you had a fun time considering the weather wasnt brilliant.
    • CommentTimeMay 4th, 2009 7:37pm (May 4th 2009)

Great pics red! The first one looks like you're all in uniform - blue jeans and khaki jackets!!!
      CommentAuthorLuke
    • CommentTimeMay 4th, 2009 7:41pm (May 4th 2009)

Burnsall! Been there, we stayed in a holiday cottage! Nice area too.
      CommentAuthorDianeonWhidbey
    • CommentTimeMay 5th, 2009 1:52am (May 5th 2009)

Nice, Julie! Great job on that office. Now here's to lots and lots of jobs rolling in.

Hmmm. Good point, Red. ;)
    • CommentAuthorShobhna
    • CommentTimeMay 5th, 2009 2:04pm (May 5th 2009)

looks like a good time was had by all.
      CommentAuthorTori
    • CommentTimeMay 5th, 2009 8:59pm (May 5th 2009) edited

Because I has time for once ima gonna put some new cute pics of jemima yay !!
    *eeddiitt* sorry theyre being stupid and dodgy becaiuse I think the memorys too biigggg ohh well
    • CommentTimeMay 8th, 2009 2:23pm (May 8th 2009)

Neil your pics in 'latest news' are fantastic, I really love black and white photos and they are so crisp and clear, the detail is amazing.
      CommentAuthorhello people=p
    • CommentTimeMay 8th, 2009 10:00pm (May 8th 2009)

woo i luv camping i hope you had fun! we had a sleepover last saturday in an 8 person tent, but i think you could fit way more peeps in then that, cos allo 5 of us slept in the 4 person room hehe
      CommentAuthorTori
    • CommentTimeMay 9th, 2009 3:38pm (May 9th 2009)

it was a bit of a squish though looocyfer
    • CommentAuthorhinge&bracket
    • CommentTimeMay 25th, 2009 6:16pm (May 25th 2009)

Well the girls have been with us for just over a week now and I can't believe how tame they have become. They all come and eat out of our hands and rush to the gate when they hear us coming! I still find their feet somewhat weird looking but was amazed when Gertie put her foot on top of my hand of corn to stop the others getting it to find it felt fine. Still keep looking to see if we've got any eggs yet but at 17 weeks old I'm sure they're too young. God help the neighbours when I finally find one - it will definitely be a Eureka moment. Have attached a picture of Gladys - hope it works.
      Imported Photos 00000.jpg
    • CommentTimeMay 25th, 2009 6:44pm (May 25th 2009)

Picture has come out lovely H&B, She is a lovely little girl. I have one just like her, she loves to ride in the wheel barrow !! People don't realise what lovely pets they make. My Hubby was real nervous when I got my hens but he loves them to bits now. Looking at her comb she is a bit young to lay but will suddenly surprise you one day with a delicious egg that is well worth the wait.
    • CommentTimeMay 26th, 2009 6:23am (May 26th 2009)

Nice henny H&B. I dont own any yet but love this site and all the pics and friendly people.
    • CommentTimeMay 26th, 2009 4:03pm (May 26th 2009) edited

Gladys is a lovely girl :heartsabove:

Can't really tell in the pic, but when a hens' comb grows quite large and goes a deep red colour, it means they are ready (and probably will) start to lay soon. You can look in the 'bios' section of the www.hencam.co.uk page to look at Milly, Tilly, Penny or Eva's combs for comparison if you want ;)
    • CommentTimeMay 27th, 2009 5:59am (May 27th 2009)

The only photo of us E Blockers who went caving at camping...thought i would share because it is hilarious :D

Plus, you can really see why I am known as the 'little one' of the group...and I'm 5 foot 5 :-\
      4327_1170444059046_1166312526_30501829_6923503_n.jpg
    • CommentTimeMay 27th, 2009 6:53am (May 27th 2009)

Great picture, Red..Yep, I can see why they call you the "little one":bigsmile:
    • CommentTimeMay 27th, 2009 7:45am (May 27th 2009)

real good picture Red glad you are having so much fun.......love your outfits ha ha
    • CommentTimeMay 27th, 2009 4:59pm (May 27th 2009)

I hate to tell you, Red, but I reckon they only take you along so they'll have somewhere to stand their beer...:rolling:
    • CommentTimeMay 27th, 2009 5:52pm (May 27th 2009)

:666: Ha ha what are you like
    • CommentTimeMay 27th, 2009 7:13pm (May 27th 2009)

Haha, sad thing is CC that's probably true...guy got tired whilst out walking yesterday so used my head as an elbow rest!

I know, how sexy are those outfits?! They did the trick and kept you warm(ish!) though :)
    • CommentAuthorsara
    • CommentTimeMay 28th, 2009 2:04pm (May 28th 2009)

How old are you red?
    • CommentTimeMay 30th, 2009 1:23am (May 30th 2009) edited

Nineteen, but yes I am aware I look younger. I got asked for ID at a 15 rated film :-\
    • CommentTimeMay 30th, 2009 1:26am (May 30th 2009)

Best to look younger you will be glad about that when you get to a certain age !!
    • CommentTimeMay 30th, 2009 1:27am (May 30th 2009)

Haha, very true ;)
    • CommentAuthorsara
    • CommentTimeMay 30th, 2009 1:20pm (May 30th 2009)

Im 34, But my daughter says i act lot younger...