Site Tag Cloud

21st academy advice ailments amazing animal animals babies baby backtail bad bald bam barbara battery beautiful behaviour belated ben bhf big bill bird birthday black boggley bonfire bound box breeds british broken broody bull bumblefoot bunty busy buying cage caged camera cannibalism canterbury captions car care cat cc check chesterfield chicken chickens chickschickens chooks christmas chucks cleaning colour common competition contact coop cooprun coops cornsnake cost council cruelty day dead derby details diane diet dog dogs dogsblog donna dora dresses drinking drunken easter eat eating egg eggs ellie elvis emergency energy falcon favourite feather feathers feed feeding finally find fireworks first floods flug flugtag foggy for forum foundation free funny future garden geraldine girl girls goldie good goodbye goodness growing hagley hall happy heart heartless heavy helen hen hencam hens holiday home homes horse house housing imagine incubating info inscription introduce introduction invites james julie kate keepers lame lancaster late latest lathargic laying lee leeds life london long lost lots love lovely lyle lynn machine magnificent mareks members men merry milly missing mite monitor moult move mums mysteries nanny needing neil new newbies news nice night noisy nook norths ollie online order oz page pancake parrot party pecking peregrine personal pet photos pic pics pictures plants plus poland poorly post production prolapse prom pumpkin puppy questions rain rat real rebull red reds remember respect rip ronston roundhay running sad sale scam shelled shirley shobhna show sids sister slow snake sneezing snow soft solutions spammers spring start support tag telephone testing thinking thomas ticket tilly time today tom training tree trev trevs uk unlock up-to-date update urgent valentines vegan visitors vivisection volka walk wanted warning webcam weekend weeks welfare where white wild wilsden winnie winter women work worming wrong yay year yorkshire 1 2 4 6 16 2010 2011 2012 2013

CommentAuthorLynnW
    • CommentTimeApr 21st, 2011 12:58am (Apr 21st 2011)

When do we get to see the picture of the "new" hair cut, Red? At least you do look very cute with short hair.
    • CommentTimeApr 21st, 2011 11:19am (Apr 21st 2011)

I think she's looking for the reinforced camera lens... :-)
    • CommentTimeApr 21st, 2011 1:31pm (Apr 21st 2011) edited

Ahahahahahaha thanks very much everybody!!! It's more of an 'orphan' look than a pixie look if you ask me, but oh well...! :tooth:

These were after a shower so weren't styled...but I like it! I don't have to straighten it or tie it up or even brush it! *sigh* ignore my face heh Lyle didn't tell me he was taking the pic...I think I'd forgotten how much I liked short hair, but it's not 'short short' either.

He says he'll let me know if he passes at the end of the year :)
      mental24a.jpg
      mental23.jpg
    • CommentTimeApr 21st, 2011 1:35pm (Apr 21st 2011)

It's more than a little odd to think that a few days ago I had longer than shoulder-length hair...!
    • CommentTimeApr 21st, 2011 2:19pm (Apr 21st 2011)

hahahahahahahahahahaha!!!!!!

That's twice in two days your hair has caused colleagues to ask what I'm laughing at!! :)

It does look better though (I showed your first cut to your mum last night and she was all "what have they done to it?!")
    • CommentTimeApr 21st, 2011 2:20pm (Apr 21st 2011)

Lol! Matt at work says "is that a homeless boy?" :D

It'll grow...
    • CommentTimeApr 21st, 2011 5:17pm (Apr 21st 2011)

Never mind, Red, you can always have it shaved off and creosoted...:rolling: And as you know, I AM a hairstyling expert...:face-monkey:
    • CommentTimeApr 21st, 2011 8:08pm (Apr 21st 2011)

CC, advice taken! Hehe I decided it might as well go short so me and Lyle cut it :crazy: I was in an impulsive mood...and it looks better than when the trainee hairdresser did it :laugh:

I'll have to get some pics up soon, although it's not that exciting...it' like it was a few years ago, bit shorter than Lyle's :)

I'm gonna find out whether the student's passed tonight I think - I hope he has 'cos my hair won't go any shorter!!!!!
      CommentAuthorLynnW
    • CommentTimeApr 22nd, 2011 7:11pm (Apr 22nd 2011)

It looks much better now, Red...and you do look very cute with short hair.
    • CommentTimeApr 22nd, 2011 9:55pm (Apr 22nd 2011)

Thanks Lynn :blush:

I really like having short hair...it dries mega fast, you don't have to mess with it and it's cooler in the summer :bigsmile:
    • CommentTimeApr 23rd, 2011 1:48pm (Apr 23rd 2011)

I always liked you with the pixie look; suits you!
    • CommentTimeApr 23rd, 2011 11:17pm (Apr 23rd 2011)

Ditto!!!!! :face-smile:
    • CommentTimeApr 24th, 2011 3:27pm (Apr 24th 2011)

• CommentTimeApr 24th, 2011 9:23pm (Apr 24th 2011)

It looks very nice Red and I am glad it turned out good in the end :face-smile:
    • CommentTimeApr 25th, 2011 7:11am (Apr 25th 2011) edited

OK here go,s then taken yesterday in Hove park.!!!!!!!!!!
      2011-04-24 11.13.09.jpg
      2011-04-24 11.17.22.jpg
      2011-04-24 11.23.29.jpg
      2011-04-24 11.16.55.jpg
      2011-04-24 11.17.57.jpg
      2011-04-24 11.18.44.jpg
      2011-04-24 12.10.06.jpg
      2011-04-24 12.11.18.jpg
    • CommentTimeApr 25th, 2011 9:27am (Apr 25th 2011)

Brilliant! Looks like a fun day out :)
    • CommentTimeApr 25th, 2011 6:16pm (Apr 25th 2011) edited

Loving the the hair Red and your photos this is what life is all about!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :face-smile: :face-smile:
      CommentAuthorLynnW
    • CommentTimeApr 26th, 2011 7:51am (Apr 26th 2011)

Lee, I love your new hair cut!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    • CommentTimeApr 26th, 2011 8:26pm (Apr 26th 2011)

Cooooooooooooool!
    • CommentTimeApr 26th, 2011 8:29pm (Apr 26th 2011) edited

I love your new hair cut too! It makes you look very handsome - and less like Samson!! :face-devil-grin: :wink:

I think it's time I got mine cut, but the only style I like is a bob and there are sooooo many middle aged women with bob cuts at work I'll just blend in with them and look like a copy-cat!
    • CommentTimeApr 26th, 2011 8:41pm (Apr 26th 2011)

Not if you dyed it purple...:face-devil-grin:
    • CommentTimeApr 26th, 2011 8:58pm (Apr 26th 2011)

Now there's a thought ... but no. Don't think its my colour - not on my hair anyway!
    • CommentTimeApr 28th, 2011 5:56pm (Apr 28th 2011) edited

Photos from our morning walk, we found a new field to walk in with a really pretty stream. We decided that we each had to jump over the stream...I managed it the second time, but the first was an epic fail...stupid short legs XD

Lyle obviously did it first time with ease and spent half an hour bragging about it :glare: haha!
      apple9.jpg
      apple12.jpg
      apple13.jpg
      apple14.jpg
      apple15.jpg
      apple17.jpg
      apple7.jpg
      CommentAuthorLynnW
    • CommentTimeApr 29th, 2011 7:00am (Apr 29th 2011)

• CommentTimeApr 29th, 2011 7:55am (Apr 29th 2011)

Love your hair Red it is cute.

Lee that is a very smart style indeed. looks great.
    • CommentTimeApr 30th, 2011 12:52pm (Apr 30th 2011) edited

Posted By: LynnWYou got your foot wet, Red. (tell you something you don't know..LOL)Beautiful place you found for your walk, what a nice little stream.

Haha, it was horrible because we still had 40 minutes of walk left and my shoe was swimming with water! I had to wear a poo bag on my foot!! Thanks TM :)

Our house appears to be falling apart at the moment! I tapped my foot against a skirting board when I was washing my hands last night and this was the result, and then last week a tile fell off in the living room and would have crushed the dog if Lyle hadn't caught it :laugh:
      apple22.jpg
      apple27.jpg
    • CommentTimeApr 30th, 2011 12:59pm (Apr 30th 2011) edited

And last night was clean-out and I got some cute pics and some hilarious videos of Pearl - she was running in her wheel and flew out and landed on her back ahahahaha aw bless her XD

This is her in her wheel:
      apple25.jpg
      apple26.jpg
    • CommentTimeApr 30th, 2011 8:23pm (Apr 30th 2011)

I think you have a case of damp in your skirting boards, looks like someone didn't seal things properly in a wet area.

Oh poor Pearl, you wicked girl :mdr:laughing at her flying out of her wheel, I bet she was so embarrassed. Is that a nut or a grape you gave her she seems very interested in it. I think I can hear her munching.:icon_domokun: That first pic of her is lovely I just want to reach out and stroke her fur.
    • CommentTimeApr 30th, 2011 8:37pm (Apr 30th 2011) edited

Hmm, the wood was completely rotten though so not a chance they can pin the blame on us!!

Ahhh it was so funny! I bet she was just doing it for the camera anyway, and to get a treat! The treat was a fruit yoghurt drop, Pearl and Bam's fave :)
      CommentAuthorLynnW
    • CommentTimeMay 1st, 2011 6:39am (May 1st 2011)

Wow red, there must be a bad leak somewhere to have caused the skirting to come off like that..it's been going on for a long time by the look of it. I'd be calling the landlord.

Poor little Pearl, falling out on her back..at least she got a treat after though. She's so cute.:face-smile:
    • CommentTimeMay 1st, 2011 1:10pm (May 1st 2011) edited

She is a sweetie! The letting agents never answer their phone so we have to email when we want to get in touch...hopefully they'll get it fixed fairly quickly as we're taking out another 6 month contract soon :bigsmile:
    • CommentTimeMay 1st, 2011 5:33pm (May 1st 2011)

...as long as they rectify the rotten wood in the bathroom (tell 'em you're asthmatic and spores will aggravate your condition)!
    • CommentTimeMay 1st, 2011 6:08pm (May 1st 2011) edited

They take their time with most things so thanks for the tip! Apparently the main front door to the building has a part missing which means it could easily be broken into; I told them about this several weeks ago and haven't had a reply at all :face-plain:

Still, they did let me have a dog :laugh:
    • CommentTimeMay 1st, 2011 10:01pm (May 1st 2011)

Actually contacting them by e-mail might be slow but it means you have it in writing that you've told them about the problems.
    • CommentTimeMay 2nd, 2011 8:15pm (May 2nd 2011)

Ah that is a great point Kate!! ;)
    • CommentTimeMay 2nd, 2011 10:07pm (May 2nd 2011)

There's always a positive - you just have to look really hard to find it sometimes!!
      CommentAuthorLynnW
    • CommentTimeMay 3rd, 2011 7:04pm (May 3rd 2011)

I'd email them again, Red. The email may have not gone thru. I've found that I don't get a lot of emails that people have sent me. The spam filter at my ISP stop some of the mail that I really need. Change the subject line to something else and send it again.
    • CommentTimeMay 3rd, 2011 7:39pm (May 3rd 2011)

Thanks Lynn, we emailed again today and added some photos of the damage too. We're popping down to sign for another lease contract so if they haven't replied by then we'll mention it when we go in.

That's true Kate!
    • CommentTimeMay 5th, 2011 11:08pm (May 5th 2011) edited

We had a reply from the letting agents, they're sending someone over to fix it as a matter of urgency :tooth:

Also, on our way to bed tonight Lyle spotted that Jelly had recently shed! His exoskeleton is still white, which means he is very vulnerable at the moment as it isn't hardened, and it looks so cool! We've never seen one so newly shed before

And some pics of the others! The pic of three, from left to right, Humdi (mother, fully grown), Lorri (baby, looks to be fully grown!) and Chod (baby, also looks almost fully grown!)
      shed2.jpg
      shed3.jpg
      shed4.jpg
      shed5.jpg
      shed6.jpg
    • CommentTimeMay 5th, 2011 11:13pm (May 5th 2011)

Fantastic pictures Red! Again, I've learnt something tonight. I didn't know they were white when they shed, and also didn't realise how different they were - from that picture (unless its just the angle) the 3 look quite different in their colouring and marking.
    • CommentTimeMay 6th, 2011 1:07pm (May 6th 2011)

Thanks Kate, it was amazing to see it :) Yep, they all have different markings and now that they're almost adults (so won't shed anymore) we can start trying to work out which baby is which!
    • CommentTimeMay 8th, 2011 4:04pm (May 8th 2011) edited

Pics from the barrow where we walk Kasper - you can see the top of the houses from the top of the hill, it's so pretty :smile:

Oh, and the 3 week old foal too.
      cam1.jpg
      cam2.jpg
      cam3.jpg
      cam5.jpg
      cam6.jpg
      cam7.jpg
      CommentAuthorLynnW
    • CommentTimeMay 8th, 2011 8:11pm (May 8th 2011)

Beautiful pictures, Red. What lovely countryside you live around. You have such a good eye for photography.
    • CommentTimeMay 8th, 2011 8:57pm (May 8th 2011)

Those aren't the houses where you live are they Red? Lovely area - nice to have some greenery around.
    • CommentTimeMay 11th, 2011 12:39pm (May 11th 2011) edited

Thanks Lynn! They're not the house our flat's in, they're just on a walk near us. People are always surprised when we take them out with the dog, they can't believe there's so much greenery in Stoke :tooth:
    • CommentTimeMay 12th, 2011 2:17pm (May 12th 2011) edited

I got a surprise package through the post yesterday. It was from my Aunt and Uncle with my Easter presents inside! There was a vegan easter egg, some 'tiddly chicks' and two little chickens (now named Frank and Ethel!). Very very cute, and just what we needed when we were slightly hungover :laugh:
      chicken12.jpg
      chicken11.jpg
      chicken16.jpg
    • CommentTimeMay 12th, 2011 5:59pm (May 12th 2011)

Yum! :)
    • CommentTimeMay 15th, 2011 7:36pm (May 15th 2011)

ohh that was a nice surprise and they look so cute. I used to get an Easter Bunny and would never eat it until after my birthday. They have gotten expensive now so I had a large bar of chocolate instead. That soon got eaten as it didn't look as cute !!!
      CommentAuthorLynnW
    • CommentTimeMay 15th, 2011 7:44pm (May 15th 2011)

Wow, Red that chocolate looks so yummy..I think I'll sneak into the bedroom and rob Donald's stash of chocolate bars.

signed,
    I.B. Bad
    :face-smile:
    • CommentTimeMay 16th, 2011 6:34pm (May 16th 2011) edited

:rofl:

My parents finally remembered to bring my camera down (hehe) so I've managed to get the pics from Oasis off. Just some of the lodge we stayed in, the wall we abseiled down and the high ropes course :bigsmile:
      cp9.jpg
      cp12.jpg
      cp13.jpg
      cp17.jpg
    • CommentTimeMay 16th, 2011 6:41pm (May 16th 2011) edited

Was such a great holiday C:
      cp19.jpg
      cp20.jpg
      cp21.jpg
      cp22.jpg
      cp23.jpg
      cp24.jpg
    • CommentTimeMay 16th, 2011 6:49pm (May 16th 2011) edited

And some pics of Pearl, Boggley and baldy-haired me cleaning the room!! The ones of Pearl are from when she was skinny, she's double the thickness now :laugh:

Sorry for all the photos - it's old ones from my other camera and new ones from my Fuji!
      cp4.jpg
      cp5.jpg
      cp8.jpg
      cp26.jpg
      cp31.jpg
    • CommentTimeMay 16th, 2011 9:47pm (May 16th 2011)

Photos are always good Red! My friend at work has a fish who is also called Boggly! I bet its the most common name for that breed of fish!

What type of bird is loitering outside the door of the holiday chalet? Is it a phesant?
    • CommentTimeMay 16th, 2011 9:51pm (May 16th 2011)

Yes I agree Kate lovely pictures, it looks like a lady pheasant to me.
    • CommentTimeMay 16th, 2011 10:42pm (May 16th 2011)

Yep, it was a female pheasant. First thing we saw when we got into the lodge :)
      CommentAuthorLynnW
    • CommentTimeMay 18th, 2011 2:24am (May 18th 2011)

What great pictures, Red..and I like your hair cut..it's cute. What a cute little Pheasant waiting for you at the door.
      CommentAuthorLynnW
    • CommentTimeMay 18th, 2011 2:25am (May 18th 2011)

OK, so here is a picture of the baby silkies that hatched last week. Sorry it has taken this long to get them uploaded.
      Baby Chicks2-5-17-11.jpg
    • CommentTimeMay 18th, 2011 6:54am (May 18th 2011)

Greta pics Red that abseiling looks amazing brave people !!!!
    • CommentTimeMay 18th, 2011 3:11pm (May 18th 2011)

Ooo, Lynn, they're beautiful! :heart:
    • CommentTimeMay 18th, 2011 3:16pm (May 18th 2011)

I agree CC they are just the cutest little chicks. So pleased for you Lynn, now you just need a bit of warm weather and you will be set for the spring.
      CommentAuthorLynnW
    • CommentTimeMay 18th, 2011 6:08pm (May 18th 2011)

Thank you CC and NN. They do change colors a bit after they get bigger, I was hoping for more Porcelain colored ones, but 3 is pretty good out of 7. When you breed lavender to buff, the lavender gene washes out the buff color and you get Porcelain Silkies...or that is supposed to be what you get.
    • CommentTimeMay 18th, 2011 8:50pm (May 18th 2011)

It would be good if you could take pictures now and then as they grow Lynn, so we can see how they change. They are so adorable.
    • CommentTimeMay 18th, 2011 9:04pm (May 18th 2011)

Soooo cute Lynn!! :heartsabove:

TM, abseiling and high ropes were awesome! Lyle was doing them both for the first time and he really enjoyed them too :smile:
    • CommentTimeMay 18th, 2011 11:17pm (May 18th 2011)

They're so pretty Lynn! I look forward to seeing them growing too if you are able to take and post more pics.
      CommentAuthorLynnW
    • CommentTimeMay 19th, 2011 5:51am (May 19th 2011)

I'll take pictures as they grow up and post them. I can't wait to see what the final adult color will be... I'm keeping my fingers crossed that maybe 4 will be porcelain.
    • CommentTimeMay 20th, 2011 12:40pm (May 20th 2011) edited

Will be nice to see them grow Lynn :)

Yesterday I gave Lyle one of his birthday presents early (a huge fruit basket - don't look at me like that, he asked for it!!) and Kasper was very interested in all the different fruits. He managed to give the pineapple a good gnawing! It isn't Lyle's birthday until Monday, but after that he's got work and then we're off to Yorkshire the weekend after, so he asked for his fruit basket early so he could scoff all the fruit before work!
      chip7.jpg
      chip8.jpg
      chip9.jpg
    • CommentTimeMay 20th, 2011 6:44pm (May 20th 2011)

:bdayparty:Go on, give Kaspar an apple! Happy Birthday Lyle!:bdayparty:
    • CommentTimeMay 20th, 2011 10:09pm (May 20th 2011) edited

Happy Birthday Lyle.
    :bdayhappy_balloons:

I didn't know choccy buttons were fruit!!!
    :interesting:
    • CommentTimeMay 21st, 2011 4:33pm (May 21st 2011)

Well they're definitely part of my five a day. Sometimes ALL of my five a day...
    • CommentTimeMay 21st, 2011 11:28pm (May 21st 2011)

Chocolate is made from beans isn't it?!!!

Have a great birthday Lyle!

:bdayparty:
    • CommentTimeMay 22nd, 2011 10:21am (May 22nd 2011)

Happy Birthday for tomorrow Lyle I hope you have a good day.:bdayparty:
    • CommentTimeMay 22nd, 2011 4:50pm (May 22nd 2011)

:bdaycake:Happy birthday Lyle AND Kasper too of course
    :bdaycake::bdaycake::bdaycake::bdaycake::bdayhappy_balloons::bdayparty:
    :bdayparty:
    :bdayparty:

Hhave a lovely day Lyle and Kasper, lots of fruit and walkies!!!!!!
    :aparty1:
    • CommentTimeMay 23rd, 2011 2:46pm (May 23rd 2011)

Lyle says thank you to everyone and that he has had a great day so far, although the weather's been abysmal! He had a pretend birthday yesterday and had a little shindig at his house with balloons, presents and cake. He's got a good haul this year!
    • CommentTimeMay 23rd, 2011 3:17pm (May 23rd 2011) edited

A photo in the forest from a few days ago. All the dandelion seeds had stuck together and almost looked like snow on the ground! Me with sticking up hair, and the creepiest dog toy at the pet shop ever! :bigsmile:
      beach2.jpg
      beach1.jpg
      beach3.jpg
      CommentAuthorLynnW
    • CommentTimeMay 23rd, 2011 9:26pm (May 23rd 2011)

Happy Birthday Lyle!
      LW_HBD-Lyle-11.jpg
      CommentAuthorLynnW
    • CommentTimeMay 23rd, 2011 9:28pm (May 23rd 2011)

I had to help Kasper with his, cause he doesn't have any thumbs, making it difficult to operate the PC.
      HappyBirthday-kasper.jpg
    • CommentTimeMay 23rd, 2011 9:54pm (May 23rd 2011)

Aw, that's a lovely card from Kasper!!!

That is a creepy toy Red, hope you didn't buy it - I'd have nightmares!
    • CommentTimeMay 24th, 2011 8:08pm (May 24th 2011)

Super cards as always Lynn you are clever. How did Lyles day at work go ?
    • CommentTimeMay 25th, 2011 5:24pm (May 25th 2011)

Aw Lynn thank you! You had us both in stitches with Kasper's card, that's so clever!

It went well NN, he's working five days a week now either 11 - 3 or 12 - 5. Went in for his second day slightly hungover but says he has enjoyed it :tooth:
    • CommentTimeMay 25th, 2011 8:35pm (May 25th 2011)

Glad it all went well for him Red.
      CommentAuthorLynnW
    • CommentTimeMay 25th, 2011 9:27pm (May 25th 2011)

Red, if you kid had opposable thumbs you'd really be in trouble.
    • CommentTimeMay 25th, 2011 11:29pm (May 25th 2011)

I dread to think what mischief he'd cause then...
    • CommentTimeMay 25th, 2011 11:35pm (May 25th 2011)

Look at this little guy we just saw outside!
      bday14.jpg
    • CommentTimeMay 26th, 2011 7:35am (May 26th 2011)

I love a Hedgehog red they are so sweet.
    • CommentTimeMay 26th, 2011 10:18pm (May 26th 2011)

how sweet I love hedgehogs as well. I used to get them coming in my garden through a small gap in the concrete fence bottom. Sadly I had to block the hole up as Daisy was using it as an easy route to and fro the garden, no probs you would think but she was wearing all the fur off her ears. Silly girl made her look right odd. I kept getting neighbours asking, eh op mi duck, wos wrang wi cats tabs.:face-plain:
    • CommentTimeMay 27th, 2011 1:24am (May 27th 2011)

Dear little hedgehog, I love them too.

love your acent NN I can just hear you saying that, having done a lot of amateur theatre and loving the challenge of an accent I have a habit of imitating as soon as I hear one.:face-devil-grin:
    • CommentTimeMay 27th, 2011 11:12am (May 27th 2011)

I an in admiration of your accent skils.
    I have great difficulty in understanding dialects and accents. I can see myself in that TV funny slimming class instructer, she can't understand the words of an Asian who speaks better English that her!

Mind, I've always had a listening/hearing problem. Trying to wear hearing aids now....
    • CommentTimeMay 27th, 2011 6:06pm (May 27th 2011)

Sorry Julie, but that's not my accent it is the accent of the people where I live though. I come from down South and have a mostly Cambridge accent with the odd bit of slang thrown in for good measure so am not too posh !!
    • CommentTimeMay 27th, 2011 6:28pm (May 27th 2011)

Blimey NN and theirs me thinking all this time that you were posh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :lol:
    • CommentTimeMay 28th, 2011 7:41pm (May 28th 2011)

Ha ha it's all an illusion Lee:face-devil-grin:

• CommentTimeMay 30th, 2011 2:57pm (May 30th 2011) edited

Some (mostly) dog-free photos from this weekend :)

The parent Canada geese with their seven gosling's, all in a line! Shipley Glen and the tramway.
      home7.jpg
      home8.jpg
      home14.jpg
      home20.jpg
    • CommentTimeMay 30th, 2011 3:00pm (May 30th 2011) edited

Bierley woods...Lyle messing about on the most lethal looking swing ever!
      home22.jpg
      home23.jpg
    • CommentTimeMay 30th, 2011 4:36pm (May 30th 2011)

At first glance I thought Lyle was dressed as Spiderman!!!! He'd have been safer if he was!
    • CommentTimeMay 30th, 2011 5:14pm (May 30th 2011)

D';you know Kate, I had the exact same thought! Only I thought Superman. Until I realised his underwear was safely stowed away...:face-smile:
    • CommentTimeMay 30th, 2011 7:11pm (May 30th 2011)

Lovely photos Red it is a treat to see them. Canada Geese babies are always well behaved and tidy looking. I have a similar photo I took a week or so back, I just love to see them. How adorable that Lyle still loves doing all the fun stuff. I used to love doing all that sort of stuff I think I would snap the rope or branch if I had a go, or wet myself with the effort nowadays !!!
    • CommentAuthornhblacky
    • CommentTimeMay 31st, 2011 12:41am (May 31st 2011)

Here are my dogs Phoebe and Turnip. They support Warrington Wolves as you can see! :face-smile:
      pug warrington.jpg
    • CommentTimeMay 31st, 2011 5:13am (May 31st 2011)

Hi and welcome nhblacky what gorg pugs they have such sweet faces.
    • CommentTimeMay 31st, 2011 6:59am (May 31st 2011) edited

Welcome to the Hencam, nhblacky. Your pugs are darling!
      LW_WelcomeHencam.jpg
    • CommentTimeMay 31st, 2011 7:34am (May 31st 2011)

Hi nhblacky great to have you on board very cute dogs!!!!!!!!!!! :face-smile:
    • CommentTimeMay 31st, 2011 8:08am (May 31st 2011) edited

Posted By: nanny northHow about telling us all about your hen rescue, I have been longing to hear all about it.

Yes your right NN it is about time considering it was the 7th of May!!!!!!!!!!
    Well I arrived at 2.30 pm at the same place that i got mine in Fontwell nr Chichester to be greeted by Sarah who i have been dealing with and about 5 other women and another volunteer mike who,s first re homing it was to,within the next half an hour 250 hens would be arriving from Devon!!!! in crates straight from there cages we promptly put up 2 gazebos to protect the girls from the sun and in case it rained,

We all had a nice cup of tea and homemade cake and shortbread that Sarah,s mum had made and this was the best i had tasted!!!!!!!!! we were then all told what was going to happen and what we were to do.

Then they arrived in about 20 crates which we unloaded and piled up then 2 crates at a time were opened up and every hen had there nails clipped and checked over before being put on the grass for the very first time!!!!!! until 250 hens were free from there cages.

This all took a while all the crates then had to be cleaned ready for the next lot.
    then at 4pm the public started to arrive to pick up there allocated hens the whole process was like a well oiled machine,And before long there were 5 hens left and 3 or 4 not so well hens ,it was an amazing experience and one that i will defiantly be doing again although at first it was quite shocking to see so many hens in this way it soon turned to a great feeling to be part of re homing these lovely creatures of ours.
      2011-05-07 15.08.20.jpg