Site Tag Cloud

21st advice album alert amazing animal animals area arrived aubree baby bad bald bam bath battery beautiful belated ben big bill bird birthday black bonfire bound box breed breeds british broken broody bull bun buy buying cage caged cam camera captions car care cat cc chicken chickens chook chooks christmas chucks clicker colour competition contact coop coops cornsnake council couple cruelty cutting dad day dead death decide derby diane dog dogs donna dresses drinking early easter eat eating egg eggbound eggs elvis emergency falcon falcons farm feather feathers feed feeding finally find fireworks first foggy for forum foundation free frog fun funny future garden girl girls goldie good goodbye goodness gotcha great growing hagley hall hamster happy heavy helen hen hencam hens hike home horse house housing huge ideas improvements indoor info inscription introduce introducing introduction james julie july jumper kasper kaspers kate late latest lathargic laying lead lee leeds leg lemon likes london long lost lots love lovely lyle lynn machine mareks meet members merry message mice milly missing mite morning moult mouse moving mums mystery nail nanny new news nice night noisy nook norths ollie online page pancake parrot party pecking peregrine personal pet pets photos pic pics pictures plants plus poland poorly positive post poultry pretty production prom pumpkin purple quail questions rabbit rain rare rat recall red reds reinforcement remember renee rescue respect review rip ronston roof sad sale scarlet shelled shirley shobhna show slightly snake sneezing snow soft spammers special spring staffordshire start terrier thomas thread ticket tilly time today tom training tree trev trevs uk update urgent valentines vegan vet visitors visits volka walk wanted warning webcam weekend welfare where white wilsden winnie winter women woods work world worming wrong yay year yorkshire zoey zoeys 1 2 4 2010 2011 2012 2013 2014 2016

• CommentTimeSep 20th, 2008 4:01pm (Sep 20th 2008)

There's a big bag of ginger fur here, waiting to be spread liberally all over your uniform, boy!
      CommentAuthorwazza
    • CommentTimeSep 20th, 2008 5:12pm (Sep 20th 2008)

no longer a member

YEEEUUUUCKKKKK
    • CommentTimeSep 20th, 2008 8:41pm (Sep 20th 2008)

You brought it on yourself...
    • CommentTimeSep 20th, 2008 11:34pm (Sep 20th 2008)

Get him to check out Livia's eggs too!
      CommentAuthorhello people=p
    • CommentTimeSep 23rd, 2008 8:27pm (Sep 23rd 2008)

awwwwww im going to get some pics of my cat and dog soon!!!! i used to have some giant african land snails but they went to the slime trail in the sky boohoo:cry:
      CommentAuthorDianeonWhidbey
    • CommentTimeSep 24th, 2008 4:04am (Sep 24th 2008)

Awww. That's sad Lucy. How big do those snails get? What do they eat?
    • CommentTimeSep 24th, 2008 9:56am (Sep 24th 2008)

Aw Lucy my dad has one of those at work, he's called Sid :)

Look forward to seeing your pics!
      CommentAuthorDianeonWhidbey
    • CommentTimeSep 25th, 2008 4:13am (Sep 25th 2008)

Oooo. We need a picture of Sid now!! Yes yes.
    • CommentTimeSep 25th, 2008 2:27pm (Sep 25th 2008) edited

When we got him he was smaller than my little finger nail. I haven't seen him in a while but apparantly now he's as big as my dad's palm. I'll ask him to get a photo and stick it in the blog :bigsmile:

COW!

mum looking at the fields towards our house

Some ducks that live near-by
    • CommentTimeSep 25th, 2008 4:18pm (Sep 25th 2008) edited

:weather_hot:The top one seems to have the same problem as me...:kettle::fire:
    • CommentTimeSep 25th, 2008 5:24pm (Sep 25th 2008) edited

I'm gathering the problem is something to do with the cow overheating or feeling too hot, but can't quite work it out...*feels stupid* :D

I liked that cow, it almost let me stroke it...almost. But then it leapt up and shuffled away :-\
    • CommentTimeSep 25th, 2008 5:33pm (Sep 25th 2008)

No, the duck with the red face. Looks like a hot flush...? Yes...?
    • CommentTimeSep 25th, 2008 5:40pm (Sep 25th 2008)

Oooooh i got it, i got it! :rolling:

I thought 'the top one' as in the top photo, but i get it now! Do you also have a groovy quiff like the duck? :P
    • CommentAuthorCake
    • CommentTimeSep 25th, 2008 5:49pm (Sep 25th 2008)

ooh muscovy ducks. nice. they make me laugh the way they move their heads and seem to go haaa haaa (like have asthma). ha ha
    • CommentTimeSep 25th, 2008 5:53pm (Sep 25th 2008)

No, I've got a groovy quiff like an electrocuted silkie.
      CommentAuthorhello people=p
    • CommentTimeSep 25th, 2008 7:22pm (Sep 25th 2008)

• CommentTimeSep 25th, 2008 7:38pm (Sep 25th 2008)

Posted By: chief chickenNo, I've got a groovy quiff like an electrocuted silkie.

:rolling:

Lucy, Sid likes eating apple too. It's amusing because you can see all the little bits where he nibbles the skin off!
    • CommentTimeSep 25th, 2008 9:30pm (Sep 25th 2008)

I like the cow picture - it could be from an advert for milk its so good! The lovely blue sky behind it [sigh]. I remember blue skies from when I were a girl!
      CommentAuthorDianeonWhidbey
    • CommentTimeSep 26th, 2008 7:42am (Sep 26th 2008)

Posted By: hello people=plol dianne those snails get about as big as... as... as ... well their shells were about as big as my fist, and they ate lettuce and some times as a treat we gave them cucumber or tomato... *sob* 'gave' not 'give'...
    Awww. :cry:
      CommentAuthorDianeonWhidbey
    • CommentTimeSep 26th, 2008 7:46am (Sep 26th 2008)

Is that where you live? Beautiful.

Someone needs to take Kate somewhere warm for a few days.
      CommentAuthorhello people=p
    • CommentTimeSep 26th, 2008 10:50am (Sep 26th 2008)

yeah, last weekend was just like that and i live in one of the rainiest (is that a word?) parts of the uk!:weather_rain:
    • CommentTimeSep 26th, 2008 6:12pm (Sep 26th 2008) edited

Thanks :001_smile:

Posted By: DianeonWhidbeyRed, that cow photo is EGGSCELLENT!!! The angle, the balance with the clouds and also the horizon, the body position and expression. Really great. You should definitely get into a photography class at your Uni, girl.

Is that where you live? Beautiful.

Someone needs to take Kate somewhere warm for a few days.

Thanks Diane! :blush: I was thinking of joining a Photography society at uni if there is one, but then wasn't sure if either me or my camera is good enough (it's just an old digital camera, not a special photographer one like my dad's - and it's half broken :D )

Yep, those're the fields by our house - that's my favourite walk actually, through the cow fields!
    Kate should come here! It's being nice & warm again today :weather_hot:
    • CommentTimeSep 26th, 2008 10:44pm (Sep 26th 2008)

Its not what equipment you've got, its how you use it. Don't be put off by camera snobbery! I can't take a decent photo to save my life, not even with my hubby's fancy high-falutin' digital specimen!
    • CommentTimeSep 26th, 2008 11:25pm (Sep 26th 2008) edited

That's very true, thank you Kate :)

A pic my mum took of me and my chuckens! I'm hoping that my dad will print it out so i can stick it on my wall at uni, but he's doing the whole "Do you know how expensive it is to print photos out..." thing :D

So i'll pop it on here and maybe print it out at uni instead!
      CommentAuthorChicken Wing
    • CommentTimeSep 26th, 2008 11:41pm (Sep 26th 2008)

What a beautiful photo,it'll be great to remember the girls by and perhaps you should leave one in the chicken run for the girls to remember you by. If you tell them to look at it at a set time each day you can do the same at that time, and then you'll be together in memories for that moment.

Brightest of Blessings for a wonderful time at Uni

:001_rolleyes:
    • CommentTimeSep 27th, 2008 2:53am (Sep 27th 2008)

Brilliant idea - a Red pin-up for the Girls! :D
    • CommentTimeSep 27th, 2008 8:40am (Sep 27th 2008)

That is a great idea, Chicken Wing!! Thank you, I like that photo as it has T & P posing in the back ground too :D
      CommentAuthorhello people=p
    • CommentTimeSep 27th, 2008 1:43pm (Sep 27th 2008)

lol red my mum always says thatphotos are expensive but i just moan atherr for ages! it works!
    • CommentAuthormustangsally
    • CommentTimeSep 27th, 2008 8:53pm (Sep 27th 2008)

Some pics of Fifi, Thomas, Emily and Tandoori on their first day at their new home!

This is the girls in their little cage on arrival...
    Photobucket

I'd like to introduce....

Tandoori...

Thomas...
    Photobucket

Fifi... (not the best pic, will try again tomorrow)

And Emily!
      CommentAuthorJonny
    • CommentTimeSep 27th, 2008 8:58pm (Sep 27th 2008)

Lovely pics Sally. I like the name Tandoori!!
      CommentAuthorAce
    • CommentTimeSep 27th, 2008 9:01pm (Sep 27th 2008) edited

Great pics, Sally. ;) Is Fifi an ISA brown?
    • CommentAuthormustangsally
    • CommentTimeSep 27th, 2008 9:01pm (Sep 27th 2008)

Thanks Jonny, it was the only name me and Col were allowed, the kids chose the rest (Thomas and Emily the trains were Jake's ideas and Fifi the Flowertot was Natasha's) and the only reason we were allowed Tandoori is cause Natasha says TanDORA as in Dora the Explorer!
    • CommentTimeSep 27th, 2008 9:28pm (Sep 27th 2008)

At Open University Summer School, one year, I took a photography course to find out why I got loads of really good photos from my Olympus Trip camera, while my husband would get only a couple out of a whole reel with his fancy and expensive Olympus OM2.
    The Uni gave us all sorts of cameras to use and all the developing paraphenalia too. I came home with masses of A4 photos. Also did a sheet of contact prints for all the rest of the group to show what they had been doing every day. Had to stay up all night sometimes to get it all done!
    :_photos:
    • CommentAuthormustangsally
    • CommentTimeSep 27th, 2008 9:40pm (Sep 27th 2008)

Fifi is a Goldenline, Thomas is a Blue Belle, Emily is a Black Star and Tandoori is an Amber Star!
    • CommentTimeSep 27th, 2008 11:41pm (Sep 27th 2008)

Thomas is really unusual (never seen that colouring before!), but Emily is my favorite - lovely chest feathers!
    • CommentTimeSep 27th, 2008 11:42pm (Sep 27th 2008)

Is that a new haircut Red? I don't remember it being that short last time I saw a piccy of you!
      CommentAuthorDianeonWhidbey
    • CommentTimeSep 28th, 2008 4:29am (Sep 28th 2008) edited

Posted By: KatebIts not what equipment you've got, its how you use it.
    LOL at a photography class I took when dinosaurs still roamed, our teacher used to say - "Its not the camera, its all about the little nut behind the camera..."

Sally your hens are wonderful! Well worth wait we had on pics! Sweet. I love Thomas's eyes (well, 'eye' in this case) - so intense. Emily's necklace looks twice as big as Penny's!

Yes yes, Red was completely silent about having her locks shorn. ;)
    • CommentTimeSep 28th, 2008 4:57pm (Sep 28th 2008)

Lovely pics and lovely chicks, Sal!
      CommentAuthorhello people=p
    • CommentTimeSep 28th, 2008 7:39pm (Sep 28th 2008)

awww i luv your chicks, sally!!! they have really sweet names as well, like jonny said!
      CommentAuthorDianeonWhidbey
    • CommentTimeSep 29th, 2008 3:29am (Sep 29th 2008) edited

Test. I'm just making sure I've got UK time right.

-----

Excellent - now I can get something going for Lynn. :icon_ninja:
      CommentAuthorJonny
    • CommentTimeSep 29th, 2008 4:22am (Sep 29th 2008)

Ooooooh!
    • CommentAuthormustangsally
    • CommentTimeSep 29th, 2008 12:42pm (Sep 29th 2008)

i took over 100 pics of the girls yesterday but don't worry I won't subject you to anymore just yet! :smile:
    • CommentTimeSep 29th, 2008 2:46pm (Sep 29th 2008)

Aw they are beautiful, Sally. Have they settled in well?
    • CommentAuthormustangsally
    • CommentTimeSep 29th, 2008 3:16pm (Sep 29th 2008)

They seem to have, Tandoori especially, she is fazed by nothing! Fifi seems to be spending more time than the others in the coop and only came out the run once with the others yesterday but the other three were in and out all day! Tandoori even tried to come in the kitchen!
    • CommentTimeSep 29th, 2008 4:39pm (Sep 29th 2008)

Aw go on, let 'em in! When Eric's away I let the chickens in for a rootle...clears up any dropped catfood a treat...:D
    • CommentTimeSep 29th, 2008 9:50pm (Sep 29th 2008)

didn't find the mouse though did they!!
    • CommentTimeSep 30th, 2008 4:12pm (Sep 30th 2008)

No, evidently not Hunting Chickens. Or even Retriever Chickens. They only got excited about the catfood!
    • CommentTimeSep 30th, 2008 4:48pm (Sep 30th 2008)

Milly gets excited about dropped cornflakes :)
    • CommentTimeOct 5th, 2008 8:15pm (Oct 5th 2008)

Here are some photos taken on a walk round Keele Hall today...

Keele Hall itself

Photobucket
    Field in the sun (you can just see Keele Hall in the distance)

Photobucket
    Me hugging a tree (don't ask!)

Aw!
    • CommentTimeOct 5th, 2008 9:12pm (Oct 5th 2008)

• CommentTimeOct 6th, 2008 4:25pm (Oct 6th 2008)

I see she's already collecting men...:D
    • CommentTimeOct 6th, 2008 6:16pm (Oct 6th 2008)

Posted By: ollie in UKGreat pics, Red. Ones you will treasure in years to come. Keep them safe and hang on to the memory inside each one.

Thanks Ollie :001_smile:

Posted By: chief chickenI see she's already collecting men...:D

Oh yes ;) Actually i hadn'y noticed until you pointed that out...none of the girls would come on the walk.
    • CommentTimeOct 6th, 2008 6:21pm (Oct 6th 2008)

Hmmmm....
      CommentAuthorDianeonWhidbey
    • CommentTimeOct 6th, 2008 7:35pm (Oct 6th 2008)

Wow - beautiful place. Think they'd hired me to mow the lawns there?

Its great to see you in your digs, Red.
    • CommentTimeOct 7th, 2008 5:14pm (Oct 7th 2008)

You'd want to mow the lawns - did you see how big they are? :o

It is a beautiful place though, especially in the sun.
    • CommentTimeOct 7th, 2008 7:56pm (Oct 7th 2008)

Red, I loved the pictures. It truly is a lovely place ( I wouldn't like to mow the lawns..not even on a riding lawnmower:046: )
    • CommentTimeOct 7th, 2008 11:50pm (Oct 7th 2008)

Thanks Lynn :bigsmile: I agree with you about the lawnmowers - although i might give the riding one a try ;)
      CommentAuthorDianeonWhidbey
    • CommentTimeOct 8th, 2008 11:51pm (Oct 8th 2008)

Posted By: RedYou'd want to mow the lawns - did you see how big they are?
    Some days the idea of riding around on a mower all day beats worrying about my clients and my business. ;)
    • CommentTimeOct 9th, 2008 1:37am (Oct 9th 2008)

Posted By: DianeonWhidbey
    Posted By: RedYou'd want to mow the lawns - did you see how big they are?
    Some days the idea of riding around on a mower all day beats worrying about my clients and my business.;)

Very true,m especially when the skies are so blue!
    • CommentTimeOct 10th, 2008 10:43am (Oct 10th 2008)

peeps
    I went to Templar bar in my dressing gown :cool:

playdoh chicken
    This is a plasticine (sp?) chicken i made in Ed Studies!

And yes, we WERE supposed to make them...we got given a stick of plasticine and told to make something with it, so i made a chicken. I was very proud, but it doesn't look particularly good in the pic...actually it looks quite rubbish :blush:
    • CommentTimeOct 10th, 2008 6:00pm (Oct 10th 2008)

I dunno, considering you were drunk I think it was quite good...
    • CommentTimeOct 10th, 2008 10:29pm (Oct 10th 2008)

Just which one IS the chicken?
    • CommentTimeOct 11th, 2008 12:11am (Oct 11th 2008)

I like it!!

Who or what is Stan?
    • CommentTimeOct 11th, 2008 1:49am (Oct 11th 2008)

Posted By: ollie in UKJust which one IS the chicken?

The RED thing Ollie, the RED thing!! :P

Haha, thanks! Kate, Stan is my adopted Turkey. He is beautiful, very handsome, and was rescued from a broiler truck on the way to slaughter. Now he has lovely clean feathers and free-ranges all day, and has made friends with a duck too aparently :001_smile:
    • CommentAuthorhqtrev
    • CommentTimeOct 11th, 2008 3:26pm (Oct 11th 2008)

• CommentAuthorhqtrev
    • CommentTimeOct 11th, 2008 3:26pm (Oct 11th 2008)

• CommentAuthorhqtrev
    • CommentTimeOct 11th, 2008 3:27pm (Oct 11th 2008)

Well, there I am....
    • CommentTimeOct 11th, 2008 4:03pm (Oct 11th 2008)

Trev!!! Lovely pics, lovely chicks - and FINALLY we get to see what might be turning up on our doorsteps!:D
    • CommentTimeOct 12th, 2008 11:46am (Oct 12th 2008)

Aw trev both you and the chicks look awesome - they're little cuties for sure and remind me of our hencam babies (as in Pappy and co, not caitlyn ;) )
      CommentAuthorAce
    • CommentTimeOct 12th, 2008 11:57am (Oct 12th 2008)

They look like Milly and Maisy! :bigsmile:
    • CommentTimeOct 12th, 2008 8:33pm (Oct 12th 2008)

They look like the ones at the not-local garden centre I went to today. Rachael, Danny AND Caitlyn were all badgering me to get them, but I held strong ... for now!

Is that your garden Trev? It looks BIG!
    • CommentTimeOct 12th, 2008 9:05pm (Oct 12th 2008)

You 'held strong'??? Daft bat, you WANT chickens! You're being indoctrinated by Pete...:D
    • CommentAuthorhqtrev
    • CommentTimeOct 13th, 2008 7:07am (Oct 13th 2008)

Kate, that is my friend's garden, and yes it is a good size. He lives in a court, so has a funny shaped block which gets wider at the back.
    • CommentAuthorhqtrev
    • CommentTimeOct 13th, 2008 7:18am (Oct 13th 2008)

• CommentAuthorhqtrev
    • CommentTimeOct 13th, 2008 7:18am (Oct 13th 2008)

That is a better look at his yard
    • CommentAuthorhqtrev
    • CommentTimeOct 13th, 2008 7:20am (Oct 13th 2008)

Photobucket

And this is my yard... I rent in a cheaper area of town, lol
    • CommentTimeOct 13th, 2008 9:30pm (Oct 13th 2008)

Grass isn't quite as green your side of the fence?!!!!! (or did the hens help it along?!)
    • CommentAuthorhqtrev
    • CommentTimeOct 14th, 2008 7:19am (Oct 14th 2008)

haha, no I do not have my own chickens. As I am only renting this house at the moment, I do not spend any time out in the garden.
    • CommentTimeOct 14th, 2008 11:00am (Oct 14th 2008)

Wow, big gardens. That would be a good chicken-place!
    • CommentTimeOct 14th, 2008 11:37am (Oct 14th 2008) edited

church
    This is the church that's kind of opposite where we live - i cycled over on my way back today after a lecture and took some pics

It's beautiful, and if one of us gets lost all we have to do is walk towards the steeple we can see above the trees :D

cute
    That's my amazing bike too, bless it

thing...

And last but not least...
    cycler girl!
    Tis moi! :)
    • CommentTimeOct 14th, 2008 11:41am (Oct 14th 2008) edited

Oooh ooh, and this is me and Becky at the fresher's ball :boogie:
    me and becky

Okay, i'm done now, sorry for the picture overload :D
    • CommentTimeOct 14th, 2008 4:27pm (Oct 14th 2008)

At least you won't be late for church on Sundays...:D
    A pierced lip?? When did that materialise? Did Neil go ape? :)
    • CommentTimeOct 14th, 2008 4:31pm (Oct 14th 2008)

Hmm, pierced lip was done late October last year, i think. Was a birthday pressie off my parents, so no they didn't mind :rolling:

It's actually because of them i got my first piercing done (my nose when i was 15) they bullied me into it because i was too scared to get it done otherwise :)
    • CommentTimeOct 14th, 2008 7:37pm (Oct 14th 2008)

They bullied you into it because then it'd be easier to lead you around...:D
    • CommentTimeOct 14th, 2008 8:45pm (Oct 14th 2008)

That church is beautiful.

Whenever I see a picture of Red I am always amazed at how much she manages to look like both her parents at the same time! She must have half of each parent's features to achieve that. Does anyone else think the same or am I going mad?! (I heard that CC - waddaya mean I already AM mad?!)
    • CommentTimeOct 15th, 2008 1:00am (Oct 15th 2008)

She does look like both of them Kate, she's beautiful!
    • CommentTimeOct 15th, 2008 2:28pm (Oct 15th 2008)

Yes, Kate, you are quite, quite mad. BUT..you're also quite right! :D
    • CommentTimeOct 15th, 2008 9:47pm (Oct 15th 2008) edited

Posted By: KatebWhenever I see a picture of Red I am always amazed at how much she manages to look like both her parents at the same time! She must have half of each parent's features to achieve that.)

Is that supposed to be a compliment, Kate? :P

Posted By: LynnWShe does look like both of them Kate, she's beautiful!

That's not a compliment, Lynn, that's a lie! :updown: ...But thank you anyway ;)
    • CommentTimeOct 15th, 2008 10:39pm (Oct 15th 2008)

Yes, it is a compliment! And a 'congrats' to your parents for having such a lovely daughter!
    • CommentAuthorhqtrev
    • CommentTimeOct 16th, 2008 8:38am (Oct 16th 2008)

Red, all I can say is I reckon ya must have ducked when they were swinging the ugly stick around, lol.

... and that, somehow, is meant to be a compliment.
    • CommentTimeOct 16th, 2008 3:27pm (Oct 16th 2008) edited

:D :blushing:

rain!
    Me trying to be arty :cool:
    I've been waiting for a rainbow all day but it hasn't happened yet :(
      CommentAuthorDianeonWhidbey
    • CommentTimeOct 17th, 2008 7:37am (Oct 17th 2008) edited

Trev the pics of you with the hens is great. That bike rocks, Red! So do your portraits. One more vote added in for what Kate said about your genetic code. ;)
    • CommentTimeOct 17th, 2008 11:13am (Oct 17th 2008)

It is an amazing bike, Diane. I got it about five years ago, it's never been cleaned, and i've never had any problems with it at all. I vote Giants every time! Thank you :001_smile:
    • CommentAuthorhqtrev
    • CommentTimeOct 17th, 2008 12:33pm (Oct 17th 2008)

The girls found Mel !!!

CommentAuthorChicken Wing
    • CommentTimeOct 17th, 2008 1:32pm (Oct 17th 2008)

:rolling:
      CommentAuthorAce
    • CommentTimeOct 17th, 2008 1:33pm (Oct 17th 2008)

:iagree:
    • CommentTimeOct 17th, 2008 6:49pm (Oct 17th 2008)

:D
    • CommentTimeOct 17th, 2008 11:35pm (Oct 17th 2008)

I read the first line about the girls finding Mel and went "oh no" and was really worried! Then I looked at the picture properly - doh!!! In my defence it is 11.40pm and its been a very long and hard day! :D
      CommentAuthorAce
    • CommentTimeOct 17th, 2008 11:39pm (Oct 17th 2008)

haha. Too funny, Kate. :rolling:
    • CommentTimeOct 17th, 2008 11:46pm (Oct 17th 2008)

I'm always doing it - jump to conclusions much too quickly!