Site Tag Cloud

• CommentTimeJun 15th, 2008 9:03pm (Jun 15th 2008)

Go on...ring 'em up and ask the question. It's no more probem to look after four than two. is it?
    • CommentTimeJun 16th, 2008 11:46am (Jun 16th 2008)

Rant, i was cycling past some nettles and got stung. Usually stings don't bother me at all, but it's like this nettle WRAPPED itself around my ankle...there's clusters of stings everywhere. OUCH! :angry:
    • CommentTimeJun 16th, 2008 11:47am (Jun 16th 2008) edited

Thats sound like it hurt A LOT. I got stung by nettles on my hand the other week. When it stung me i was actually wearing gloves.:fierce:
    • CommentTimeJun 16th, 2008 11:48am (Jun 16th 2008)

How did you manage that?! :o :D
      CommentAuthorAce
    • CommentTimeJun 16th, 2008 11:53am (Jun 16th 2008)

I have no idea! I was doin some gardening to get ready for the chooks and i thought the gloves would protect me from getting stung. Obviously they didn't.:(
    • CommentTimeJun 16th, 2008 2:10pm (Jun 16th 2008)

The nettles on the footpath are getting so long they're leaning over. I hope all the drunken chavs who staggered noisily back up the path on Regatta night got severely stung!
    • CommentTimeJun 16th, 2008 3:00pm (Jun 16th 2008)

Falling into nettles... *shudders*

My dad once did that, i think he fell off his bike or something. Ended up wandering round the fields at 1:00am looking for dock leaves :D
      CommentAuthorLuke
    • CommentTimeJun 16th, 2008 6:00pm (Jun 16th 2008) edited

I bet that was a barrel o' laughs... (sarcasm)
      CommentAuthorAce
    • CommentTimeJun 16th, 2008 6:01pm (Jun 16th 2008)

Sounds painful though!
    • CommentTimeJun 16th, 2008 6:58pm (Jun 16th 2008)

Rant: finally telling hubby about the rats at the garden centre, and him asking why I didn't get them. GGRRR!! He did then say he didn't think I should because the 2 we've got stink. What a cheek!! I've followed him into the loo and its no perfume factory I tell you!!
      CommentAuthorDianeonWhidbey
    • CommentTimeJun 16th, 2008 7:39pm (Jun 16th 2008) edited

LOL - I'm just picturing Pete reading that on this international chat. :P Too funny.

I have a mug of nettle tea here beside me, so I've read most of the day's rants with interest. I do wonder why Neil would be falling off a bike and wandering around in a field at 1 am. Hmmm.

My middle nephew moved from western Washington to an area with much fewer nettles when he was about 7. So, he'd forgotten what they look like. Just re-introduced himself two days ago. The welt on his wrist was huge. Biggest I've ever seen. Ferns work pretty well to ease the pain too. Sorta. (You rub the bottom side of the leaf, with those little brown raised spots, unto the nettle bite.)
      CommentAuthorTori
    • CommentTimeJun 16th, 2008 9:09pm (Jun 16th 2008)

Hehe I remember when my dad told me of this story when he was younger , he went out at night when he was a teenager or something and when he wanted to go home , he decided to take a shortcut with his friends through the local graveyard and they were running and then suddenly bang , they all fall in a ready dug grave in the pitch black heehee he just jumped out and ran even faster heehee !
    • CommentTimeJun 17th, 2008 12:02am (Jun 17th 2008)

We use dock leaves to soothe nettle stings, Diane. Fortuitously, they often grow close to nettles!
    • CommentTimeJun 17th, 2008 8:24am (Jun 17th 2008)

Dock leaves actually do help ease the stings too, what's the scientific reason for that?
    • CommentTimeJun 17th, 2008 2:12pm (Jun 17th 2008)

Dunno....
      CommentAuthorLuke
    • CommentTimeJun 17th, 2008 5:15pm (Jun 17th 2008) edited

Nettle stings are acidic and dock leaves are alkaline, when rubbed on the nettle sting, it neutralises :D
      CommentAuthorAce
    • CommentTimeJun 17th, 2008 5:22pm (Jun 17th 2008)

Clever.:)
      CommentAuthorLuke
    • CommentTimeJun 17th, 2008 5:23pm (Jun 17th 2008) edited

me or google...? :P
      CommentAuthorAce
    • CommentTimeJun 17th, 2008 5:23pm (Jun 17th 2008)

Why did u look it up?
      CommentAuthorLuke
    • CommentTimeJun 17th, 2008 5:24pm (Jun 17th 2008)

A while ago, when I stung my knee (ouch)
      CommentAuthorLuke
    • CommentTimeJun 17th, 2008 5:25pm (Jun 17th 2008)

ME! clever? haha
      CommentAuthorAce
    • CommentTimeJun 17th, 2008 5:25pm (Jun 17th 2008)

Thats gotta hurt.:(
      CommentAuthorLuke
    • CommentTimeJun 17th, 2008 5:27pm (Jun 17th 2008)

....if they let me use google in exams I'd be an A* boffin
      CommentAuthorAce
    • CommentTimeJun 17th, 2008 5:27pm (Jun 17th 2008)

Yeah so would i.:)
      CommentAuthorAce
    • CommentTimeJun 17th, 2008 5:27pm (Jun 17th 2008)

Google has the answer for everything.:)
      CommentAuthorLuke
    • CommentTimeJun 17th, 2008 5:35pm (Jun 17th 2008)

'Google has 60 billion documents in its index'
    Wow.
      CommentAuthorAce
    • CommentTimeJun 17th, 2008 5:47pm (Jun 17th 2008)

How did you find that out? How random!
    • CommentTimeJun 17th, 2008 6:53pm (Jun 17th 2008)

He looked it up on Google...! :)
      CommentAuthorAce
    • CommentTimeJun 17th, 2008 6:54pm (Jun 17th 2008)

Appearently he did.:)
    • CommentTimeJun 17th, 2008 10:10pm (Jun 17th 2008)

Remember not to believe ALL you read in those areas. They can be written by someone who doesn't really know what they are talking about, or even someone deliberately misleading you.
      CommentAuthorTori
    • CommentTimeJun 17th, 2008 10:15pm (Jun 17th 2008)

Rant ::: whyy oohh why are we not allowed lockers at school ? Everyone else has them at other schools and we have to carry our bags everywhere we go and its very annoying. ='( ggiimmeee a locker and ill sleep in it !!
      CommentAuthorwazza
    • CommentTimeJun 18th, 2008 5:37am (Jun 18th 2008)

no longer a member

and when you do... wazza will come along with the key and lock it.. LOL poor Vicki will be all locked up with NO COMPUTER to bug the hencammers LOL
      CommentAuthorAce
    • CommentTimeJun 18th, 2008 11:45am (Jun 18th 2008)

Lol Wazza!:D
    • CommentTimeJun 18th, 2008 11:50am (Jun 18th 2008)

In Yr7 we used to try and see if we could fit in the lockers. My friend got stuck :D
      CommentAuthorAce
    • CommentTimeJun 18th, 2008 11:52am (Jun 18th 2008)

Thats funny.:D
    • CommentTimeJun 18th, 2008 11:53am (Jun 18th 2008)

I almost died laughing, but my friend got into so much trouble because we had to go get the teachers for help, and the caretaker had to bend the locker to get him out :rolling:
      CommentAuthorAce
    • CommentTimeJun 18th, 2008 11:56am (Jun 18th 2008)

Did he get out ok then?:D
    • CommentTimeJun 18th, 2008 11:57am (Jun 18th 2008)

Oh yes, but he got severel after school detentions and he got his locker taken off him...
      CommentAuthorAce
    • CommentTimeJun 18th, 2008 11:59am (Jun 18th 2008)

Serves him right!:D
    • CommentTimeJun 18th, 2008 3:30pm (Jun 18th 2008)

Rant; if it's gonna rain then make it rain instead of having heavy showers, then brightening up for half an hour, before chucking it down again. I'm gonna go out for a walk and as soon as i get past the point of no return, i bet it starts raining cats and dogs :angry:
      CommentAuthorAce
    • CommentTimeJun 18th, 2008 3:33pm (Jun 18th 2008)

Yes it probably will. Its just typical English weather. Its raining here pretty hard now.:(
    • CommentTimeJun 18th, 2008 4:05pm (Jun 18th 2008)

I'm back from the walk and it didn't rain. It's even brightened up a little so i might try for a bike ride :cheer: Ace, haven't you had rubbish weather for, like, the past week or something now?
      CommentAuthorAce
    • CommentTimeJun 18th, 2008 4:13pm (Jun 18th 2008)

Yes we have. Its miserable and i don't like it.:fierce:
    • CommentTimeJun 18th, 2008 4:14pm (Jun 18th 2008)

What happened to the summer, eh?
      CommentAuthorAce
    • CommentTimeJun 18th, 2008 4:14pm (Jun 18th 2008)

I don't know. It dissapeared. Probably to a different country!
      CommentAuthorLuke
    • CommentTimeJun 18th, 2008 5:38pm (Jun 18th 2008)

we got a summer?!
      CommentAuthorAce
    • CommentTimeJun 18th, 2008 5:39pm (Jun 18th 2008)

Yeah a bit. Why did u miss it?
    • CommentTimeJun 18th, 2008 5:57pm (Jun 18th 2008)

A few days where it was scorching how....hmmmm :hungry:
      CommentAuthorAce
    • CommentTimeJun 18th, 2008 5:58pm (Jun 18th 2008)

And then i burnt my neck! Luke were you hiding when the summer came?:)
      CommentAuthorTori
    • CommentTimeJun 18th, 2008 5:58pm (Jun 18th 2008)

Oooohhh and it was just monday I was sitting in a french lesson thinking about if I was going to get heat stroke and faint and now look at the weather !!
    • CommentTimeJun 18th, 2008 5:59pm (Jun 18th 2008)

Vicki, was it you who cursed the weather? :o
      CommentAuthorTori
    • CommentTimeJun 18th, 2008 6:01pm (Jun 18th 2008)

Nooo I wanted to faint so then I would miss maths hehe
      CommentAuthorAce
    • CommentTimeJun 18th, 2008 6:03pm (Jun 18th 2008)

YAY goooooooo Vicki!
    • CommentTimeJun 18th, 2008 6:13pm (Jun 18th 2008) edited

No it was ME who cursed the weather. It's all going terribly well, I haven't been too hot for ages... :devil:
    • CommentTimeJun 18th, 2008 6:15pm (Jun 18th 2008) edited

Awwwwwwwwww CC. That was VERY naughty of you!:D
      CommentAuthorLuke
    • CommentTimeJun 18th, 2008 6:54pm (Jun 18th 2008)

nooo, I just thought that the 'summer' was short.
    And CC, make this weekend nice weather, me=camping.
      CommentAuthorAce
    • CommentTimeJun 18th, 2008 6:56pm (Jun 18th 2008)

Yay camping. I went on the Duke of Edinburgh, i had to camp out then.:)
      CommentAuthorLuke
    • CommentTimeJun 18th, 2008 7:03pm (Jun 18th 2008)

was the weather nice to you?
      CommentAuthorAce
    • CommentTimeJun 18th, 2008 7:04pm (Jun 18th 2008)

No! It poured down. Everyone got wet feet apart from me!:D
    • CommentTimeJun 18th, 2008 8:25pm (Jun 18th 2008)

Why didn't you get wet feet?
    Are you good at walking on your hands?
      CommentAuthorAce
    • CommentTimeJun 18th, 2008 8:32pm (Jun 18th 2008)

No. My walking boots must have been VERY waterproof!
    • CommentTimeJun 18th, 2008 10:46pm (Jun 18th 2008)

All right, I'll have a word with Upstairs and see what I can do. But if you've been naughty....
      CommentAuthorAce
    • CommentTimeJun 18th, 2008 10:59pm (Jun 18th 2008)

No we haven't been naughty!:D
    • CommentTimeJun 19th, 2008 11:17am (Jun 19th 2008) edited

Rant, I'm fed up of being cold, i'm always cold even when everybody else is boiling. Last night i was wrapped up in a friend's sleeping bag, with a duvet round me, sat next to the radiator and i was still cold. CC, please turn down the wind and bring back a little bit of sun, please? :(
      CommentAuthorDianeonWhidbey
    • CommentTimeJun 19th, 2008 5:08pm (Jun 19th 2008) edited

CC, please turn down the wind

Isn't that a separate subject?
    • CommentTimeJun 19th, 2008 6:02pm (Jun 19th 2008)

You wanted sun, you got sun. You never specified wind problems. As it were...
      CommentAuthorAce
    • CommentTimeJun 19th, 2008 6:04pm (Jun 19th 2008)

CC, please can you make the weather hot, sunny with NO wind.
    • CommentTimeJun 19th, 2008 7:43pm (Jun 19th 2008)

What Ace said ;)
    • CommentTimeJun 19th, 2008 8:31pm (Jun 19th 2008)

I'll do me best.
    • CommentTimeJun 19th, 2008 8:49pm (Jun 19th 2008)

:whorship:
    • CommentTimeJun 19th, 2008 8:50pm (Jun 19th 2008)

Is that how you spell worship, whorship?? :confused:
      CommentAuthorAce
    • CommentTimeJun 19th, 2008 8:50pm (Jun 19th 2008)

Worship.
    • CommentTimeJun 19th, 2008 8:51pm (Jun 19th 2008)

I thought so...how come the smiley is spelt 'whorship' then? Is it supposed the be rude, or is there an alternate spelling?
      CommentAuthorAce
    • CommentTimeJun 19th, 2008 8:56pm (Jun 19th 2008)

I have no idea!
    • CommentTimeJun 19th, 2008 8:57pm (Jun 19th 2008)

How bizzarre :)
      CommentAuthorAce
    • CommentTimeJun 19th, 2008 8:58pm (Jun 19th 2008)

I know.:confused:
    • CommentTimeJun 19th, 2008 10:02pm (Jun 19th 2008)

I think it's not English...if you do the :trompet:, it says 'trompet'. French?
      CommentAuthorAce
    • CommentTimeJun 19th, 2008 10:05pm (Jun 19th 2008)

Why would you do that smiley anyway?
    • CommentTimeJun 19th, 2008 10:08pm (Jun 19th 2008)

Because it's music.
      CommentAuthorAce
    • CommentTimeJun 19th, 2008 10:13pm (Jun 19th 2008)

Yeah thats true. But why a trumpet. Why not a piano!:)
    • CommentTimeJun 19th, 2008 11:40pm (Jun 19th 2008) edited

'Cos pianos are too big to hold up in one hand.

Espesh' when wearing a Fedora.
    • CommentTimeJun 20th, 2008 10:28am (Jun 20th 2008)

I like him, but i can never think of a way to work him into a post...
      CommentAuthorAce
    • CommentTimeJun 20th, 2008 12:23pm (Jun 20th 2008)

Neither can i.
    • CommentTimeJun 20th, 2008 6:28pm (Jun 20th 2008)

I use him if I quote songs like :trompet: Why are we wai-ting...:trompet:
      CommentAuthorAce
    • CommentTimeJun 20th, 2008 6:31pm (Jun 20th 2008)

And: I am the music man!
    • CommentTimeJun 20th, 2008 8:15pm (Jun 20th 2008)

I'm always cold too Red. Hate it!
    • CommentTimeJun 20th, 2008 8:57pm (Jun 20th 2008) edited

Rant: WHY, when one has taken pains to make the music room tidy and put a new(ish) rug down and made the place look good, does the man (mentioning no names) who has moaned about said music room being untidy, reply when asked what he thinks of the transformation say.....

'Salright.'

:angry:
    • CommentTimeJun 21st, 2008 2:07pm (Jun 21st 2008) edited

Rant: Why does it always rain at Donnington when Moto GP is on there.:(
    • CommentTimeJun 21st, 2008 2:20pm (Jun 21st 2008)

To give the fans something to moan about...
      CommentAuthorAce
    • CommentTimeJun 21st, 2008 2:29pm (Jun 21st 2008)

True. :D
    • CommentTimeJun 21st, 2008 2:59pm (Jun 21st 2008)

Hubby and sons went to Donnington yesterday Ace and said the place was packed! Weather was good yesterday - not sunny but dry and not too windy, but it's awful so far today.

He bought me a Toseland t-shirt!! (see, he's not all bad!!)
      CommentAuthorAce
    • CommentTimeJun 21st, 2008 3:04pm (Jun 21st 2008)

Yay. Gooooooooooooo To52land! It was lucky it was nice weather for them.:)
      CommentAuthorAce
    • CommentTimeJun 21st, 2008 3:05pm (Jun 21st 2008)

But today Toseland crashed twice on the same lap. He is have a very bad day.:cry:
    • CommentTimeJun 21st, 2008 8:49pm (Jun 21st 2008)

Did he!! I didn't watch any of qualifying - I was busy with the rats and on the computer. Fingers crossed he's OK for tomorrow. I think he's trying TOO hard because its his home GP.
      CommentAuthorAce
    • CommentTimeJun 21st, 2008 9:10pm (Jun 21st 2008)

Yes he is trying too hard. Stoner is on pole. Rossi 2nd and Vermeulen 3rd. Toseland could only manage 16th. Its such a shame. Stoner will probably win tommorrow because he won last year.
    • CommentTimeJun 21st, 2008 9:35pm (Jun 21st 2008)

Why do the american racers always look so smug? If Toseland isn't going to win I hope Rossi does - at least he puts on a show and looks pleased to have won!
      CommentAuthorTori
    • CommentTimeJun 21st, 2008 9:37pm (Jun 21st 2008)

Rant ::: why am I not allowed to get sky ??? Everybody else I know has it and im stuck with a broken freeview box that dosent work !!!!
      CommentAuthorAce
    • CommentTimeJun 21st, 2008 9:52pm (Jun 21st 2008)

I hope Rossi wins aswell. I hate Stoner winning! Mainly because he ALWAYS does!
    • CommentTimeJun 21st, 2008 11:41pm (Jun 21st 2008)

Being an 'older person' I want to mother Valentino,
    He's so yummy, even at the age he is (what ever it has got to) .
    Funny how you can't find out about his home (private) life.

Anyway, my rant for today is - my daughter coming round to collect her daughter at 23.00hrs, when we were having a great session looking at U-Tube trampolining and diving!

I suppose ten year olds should be doing zeds by that time but she was giving her granny a good brain stimulating time. Nothing like it for the old cells.
    Nice bit was that the two Burmese cats came too. They live only a 100yds away.
    I wish the cats would come more often, they seem to want to go with someone rather than take off on their own.
    • CommentTimeJun 22nd, 2008 6:05pm (Jun 22nd 2008)

We had bets on the outcome of the race and I won - in the gravel first corner! At least he finished the race - albeit in last place and lapped. Nice that he considered the british fans who'd turned out to see him.