Site Tag Cloud

• CommentTimeAug 15th, 2008 3:04pm (Aug 15th 2008)

Wanted to go to the crem to leave flowers for her mum's anniversary. 'I'll take you today'
    'No, the memorial book's only open on that page on Friday.'
    'I've got two pianos to do. Could Geoff (my bro) take you?'
    'Oh NO....he WORKS...'
    AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARGH!
      CommentAuthorwazza
    • CommentTimeAug 15th, 2008 7:03pm (Aug 15th 2008)

no longer a member

Do a midnight raid, wear black and a balaclava and a JCB to smash your way in then spend as much time as you like (Til the cops come) checking out the memorial book and laying your flowers
    • CommentTimeAug 15th, 2008 8:08pm (Aug 15th 2008)

Can I tell the judge you said it'd be all right, Wazza?
    • CommentTimeAug 15th, 2008 8:13pm (Aug 15th 2008)

You're right to rant! Obviously you don't have a 'proper' job!!!!
    • CommentTimeAug 15th, 2008 8:14pm (Aug 15th 2008)

Don't you start!! :D :\
    • CommentTimeAug 15th, 2008 8:16pm (Aug 15th 2008)

LOL!! Mom's always seem to think sons have the proper jobs and daughters are earning pin money.
    • CommentTimeAug 15th, 2008 8:17pm (Aug 15th 2008)

It's because Geoff goes to an office at fixed times and comes home at fixed times. And dresses respectably...
      CommentAuthorTori
    • CommentTimeAug 21st, 2008 12:20am (Aug 21st 2008)

My rant toooday is : my brother. I am going to sell him on ebay today , and I really mean it !!!!!!
    • CommentTimeAug 21st, 2008 3:37am (Aug 21st 2008)

Today's rant; Having to look at old threads and when I get there, there's nothing on them!:cursing::_oh_really::rant_red2:
      CommentAuthorDianeonWhidbey
    • CommentTimeAug 21st, 2008 4:07am (Aug 21st 2008)

Yup, troll behavior doesn't fit with Hencam. Pretty disappointing. :glare:
    • CommentTimeAug 21st, 2008 7:03pm (Aug 21st 2008)

Rant ~ why do pet shops insist on putting sawdust in the flimsiest plastic bags possible?? All that happens is when i lift it outta the shed to fill up the girls' bedroom, the bag gets caught on a bike pedal or some other sharp thing, rips, and sawdust goes everywhere... :rant_red2:
    • CommentTimeAug 21st, 2008 7:05pm (Aug 21st 2008)

• CommentTimeAug 21st, 2008 7:07pm (Aug 21st 2008)

Grrr, it's so annoying! They must do it on purpose so that you lose most of whatever's in the bag and have to buy more... :cursing:
    • CommentTimeAug 21st, 2008 7:09pm (Aug 21st 2008)

Tch. Such cynicism in one so young...:D
    • CommentTimeAug 21st, 2008 7:10pm (Aug 21st 2008)

Look at my parents, what d'you expect?! ;)
    • CommentTimeAug 21st, 2008 7:12pm (Aug 21st 2008) edited

MORE cynicism! O dearie dearie me...I love the way you and Neil e-bicker! :)
    • CommentTimeAug 21st, 2008 7:17pm (Aug 21st 2008)

:rolling: It's all fun and games, i love 'em really!
    • CommentTimeAug 21st, 2008 8:54pm (Aug 21st 2008)

Posted By: chief chickenALL petshop bags are skinny. I bought a bag of peanuts only to find a squirrel following me down the path, enthusiastically collecting my inadvertent trail...

Wonderful image!!!

The only rant I have today is, once again, about inconsiderate drivers. Just because THEY have all day to mess around and dawdle along doesn't mean I have! They added 10 minutes to my journey today. And do they not realise that their car was given a flashing orange light on each corner FOR A REASON?! Grrrr. And one more - if they want to talk to the man cutting the grass on the other side then park up and get out - don't sit in the queue not moving, then eventually go so that when I get around the bend the lights have gone red. I'll shut up now. But I do feel better!
      CommentAuthorAce
    • CommentTimeAug 21st, 2008 8:59pm (Aug 21st 2008)

I don't really have a rant for today, except that i have to take year 12 AGAIN! This time i'm taking IT, Business studies and Media.
    • CommentTimeAug 21st, 2008 9:12pm (Aug 21st 2008)

Is that different to what you took last time?

My colleague's son got his results today. 10 A*s and 2 As. I bet he was disappointed with the 2 As. He is determined to get to Uni to do maths.
      CommentAuthorAce
    • CommentTimeAug 21st, 2008 9:16pm (Aug 21st 2008)

I took IT, French and Spanish last time.:)
    • CommentTimeAug 21st, 2008 9:18pm (Aug 21st 2008)

Ah, dumped the languages. Good choice!
      CommentAuthorAce
    • CommentTimeAug 21st, 2008 9:20pm (Aug 21st 2008)

They were too hard!
    • CommentTimeAug 21st, 2008 9:29pm (Aug 21st 2008)

They say the best way to learn a language is to live in the country. That is, the country where they speak the language, not the countryside in England!
    • CommentTimeAug 21st, 2008 9:30pm (Aug 21st 2008) edited

HA!!!!! I live near the countryside anyway. But i couldn't live in Spain and France at the same time. Although i would love to live in Spain.:)
      CommentAuthorDianeonWhidbey
    • CommentTimeAug 22nd, 2008 7:34am (Aug 22nd 2008)

Did that actually happen, with the squirrel?

I got behind a driver in the ferry line, and then the ferry who was, apparently, driving on another planet this evening. As it was 9:30 pm and I'd been at work since 9:30 am - I felt a little on edge. BUT, I stayed in my car, as opposed to getting out and strangling her. So, its all good. ;)
    • CommentTimeAug 22nd, 2008 5:16pm (Aug 22nd 2008)

Yes, it actually happened...squirrels love me, what with supplying peanuts AND Rich Tea...
    I had a 4WD idiot in front of me today; mirror, signal, manoeuvre? Nope; manoeuvre, signal, then use mirror to flick the Vs at me when I hooted. Git.
      CommentAuthorAce
    • CommentTimeAug 22nd, 2008 5:22pm (Aug 22nd 2008)

What an idiot!!!!!!!
    • CommentTimeAug 22nd, 2008 5:24pm (Aug 22nd 2008)

You get used to it. Unfortunately.
      CommentAuthorAce
    • CommentTimeAug 22nd, 2008 5:26pm (Aug 22nd 2008)

Its sad how some people think they can drive when they obviously can't!
      CommentAuthorDianeonWhidbey
    • CommentTimeAug 22nd, 2008 7:14pm (Aug 22nd 2008)

That is the best image: CC, adorned in the royal colours, stalking down the pavement with with a line of squirrels behind her.
    • CommentTimeAug 22nd, 2008 7:19pm (Aug 22nd 2008)

No, just one. One very pleased squirrel...
    • CommentAuthorCake
    • CommentTimeAug 23rd, 2008 3:04pm (Aug 23rd 2008)

ha ha Kateb. I was gonna say that I live in the country and cant speak another language! ha ha, you made a funny! I like it.
    • CommentTimeAug 23rd, 2008 6:39pm (Aug 23rd 2008)

Eric always says he speaks three languages; English, Bucks and Rubbish...
    • CommentTimeAug 23rd, 2008 7:33pm (Aug 23rd 2008)

'Orrible rant from me this time !!!

Grand daughter going to shops on her bike.
    Nasty man grabbed her bike wheel and shouted her to "Come here!"
    Terrified girl wrenched blike free and peddaled off.
    Police interviewed her and friend.

She saw him again today, in a van. Toured round with Dad but didn't see it. He must be very local, this is right at the bottom of a small estate and not on the route to anywhere.
    :_oh_really: :_oh_really: :_oh_really: :_oh_really:
    • CommentTimeAug 23rd, 2008 7:52pm (Aug 23rd 2008)

Teach her to bite and scratch...
      CommentAuthorAce
    • CommentTimeAug 23rd, 2008 7:52pm (Aug 23rd 2008)

And SCREAM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    • CommentTimeAug 24th, 2008 2:07am (Aug 24th 2008) edited

Ollie that's terrifying. I'm SO glad she got away. BRAVE GIRL. Wow, my heart is beating a little fast at the moment.

She did an excellent job of taking care of herself. I used to be in a karate school for women and part of what we taught the little girls was to do just what she did. The problem comes when a kid thinks they have to be compliant or doesn't surprise the perp enough to out maneuver him. GOOD JOB, Ollie's grand daughter!! :clap:
    • CommentTimeAug 24th, 2008 11:59am (Aug 24th 2008)

G'daughter is looking into Karate lessons.

She is not taking diving lessons any more as there are no local facilities that allow it outside classes. Also the class she went to last term have put up their prices and expect her to train for competitions too, she only wants recreational diving.
      CommentAuthorAce
    • CommentTimeAug 24th, 2008 12:26pm (Aug 24th 2008)

She should do KICKBOXINGGGGGGGGG!!!!!!!!!!
    • CommentTimeAug 24th, 2008 2:17pm (Aug 24th 2008)

My friend's daughter and her friend were mugged on a bus. 2 weeks later my friend, hubby and daughter were in Birmingham city centre when the girl spotted the man. An hour later she saw him again and told her mom she was 100% sure. They followed him, spotted a policeman, told him and he arrested the man. Policeman said her hubby did the right thing not tackling him himself as he could've been arrested or set upon by bystanders as the offendant was an ethnic minority and the local population were too.

Found out last week he got community service.

Your granddaughter is very brave. I hope they catch the man before he does anything to anyone else.
      CommentAuthorDianeonWhidbey
    • CommentTimeAug 24th, 2008 8:44pm (Aug 24th 2008)

I wish all kids took martial arts (from a good school) when they were young. In addition to physical fitness and an increased self awareness and confidence, good schools also teach you to be respectful and good citizens. These tend to be the old schools with a lineage going back to Asia.

Other schools are just about winning trophies. They show up at competitions with Neanderthal parents screaming at their kids to *pound 'em* and students who don't know that the ability to control your kicks & punches, and emotions, is the measure of excellence.
      CommentAuthorAce
    • CommentTimeAug 24th, 2008 9:51pm (Aug 24th 2008)

When i was in year 11 they started to teach kickboxing at my school.
    • CommentTimeAug 24th, 2008 9:56pm (Aug 24th 2008)

When I WAS 11, I was fighting in the playground. Now they build on the playgrounds to house computers...
    • CommentAuthorCake
    • CommentTimeAug 25th, 2008 12:01pm (Aug 25th 2008)

community service! wot a larf! Get em signed up for a bit of national service. Thats what we should do to folks like that!!
    • CommentTimeAug 25th, 2008 1:31pm (Aug 25th 2008)

String 'em up! :) It's the only language they understand...etc., etc...:)
    • CommentTimeAug 25th, 2008 2:18pm (Aug 25th 2008) edited

Ugh, that's nasty Ollie. Karate sounds like a good idea, build up a bit of self-defence. Hope she's alright now :heart:

When i was ten me and my older cousin were out walking Ellie and had Tom with us in a pushchair. These men got out of a car and followed us, telling us to get in the car and they would 'take us to see the real Jesus' and he'd give us sweets. When they made a grab for us we freaked out and started running as oppose to walking quickly. We got back and called the police...

This reminds me of the 'the world is becoming more dangerous' thread... :-\
    • CommentTimeAug 25th, 2008 3:14pm (Aug 25th 2008)

Thanks everyone for your thoughts on Georgie's experience. It shook me up a lot and I appreciate your support.
    • CommentTimeAug 25th, 2008 5:02pm (Aug 25th 2008)

How is she now? (probably better than you and her parents!) Any more sightings?
      CommentAuthorJonny
    • CommentTimeAug 26th, 2008 12:02am (Aug 26th 2008)

I have an idea what to do to the perp but...sigh... [thinking of witch burnings....arrgh]....
      CommentAuthorTori
    • CommentTimeAug 26th, 2008 8:14pm (Aug 26th 2008)

poke him with one of those really hot metal poles tehee which turn orange with the heat at the enddd muahahahahaaaa
    • CommentTimeAug 27th, 2008 12:09am (Aug 27th 2008)

Red hot poker. Also a flower...although being poked with a flower might not put him off. Unless he was allergic, of course/
    Sorry. I'll go to bed now, shall I?
      CommentAuthorAce
    • CommentTimeAug 28th, 2008 9:32pm (Aug 28th 2008)

RANT FOR TODAY: I REALLY wanted to go and see this band that are in my area. They come from Austria and they sound quite good! But noone would take me.:cry:
    Oh well, i get to go and watch my second favourite band tommorow. COLD FLAME!!!!!!!!
    • CommentTimeAug 29th, 2008 4:52am (Aug 29th 2008)

Why couldn't you go on your own?
      CommentAuthorwazza
    • CommentTimeAug 29th, 2008 5:47am (Aug 29th 2008)

no longer a member

she is only 6 years old CC and she needs to go to bed early on a weekday :grubby_duck:
      CommentAuthorAce
    • CommentTimeAug 29th, 2008 12:08pm (Aug 29th 2008)

Its like a 15 minute drive away, but the buses don't run at that time. Plus the trains don't go there. It is basically through the countryside, and i wasn't going to walk there by myself!
    • CommentTimeAug 29th, 2008 12:32pm (Aug 29th 2008)

Plus a 15 minute drive can be anything over an hour's walk ;)

That sucks Ace. Just make sure you have a great time today to make up for it!
      CommentAuthorAce
    • CommentTimeAug 29th, 2008 12:40pm (Aug 29th 2008)

Yep i'll make sure i will. I will make sure i go extra early tonight. It will be top!
    • CommentTimeAug 29th, 2008 3:06pm (Aug 29th 2008)

Save up and keep a Taxi Fund!
      CommentAuthorAce
    • CommentTimeAug 29th, 2008 3:06pm (Aug 29th 2008)

Good idea. I'll have to start doing that.;)
      CommentAuthorDianeonWhidbey
    • CommentTimeAug 29th, 2008 8:53pm (Aug 29th 2008)

You need a bicycle Acie!
    • CommentTimeAug 29th, 2008 10:38pm (Aug 29th 2008)

Or if you can't afford that, a unicycle...:whistle:
      CommentAuthorAce
    • CommentTimeAug 30th, 2008 12:55pm (Aug 30th 2008)

I have a bike already. I just fixed it! ;)

I don't have a rant for today! Last night i went to go and watch that band Cold Flame and the other band that i wanted to go and see from Austria called Freespirit were at Cold Flame's gig. So i did actually get to meet them in the end. They were well cool, and they were Hippies aswell!!! :bigsmile:
    • CommentTimeAug 30th, 2008 1:55pm (Aug 30th 2008)

Glad you had a good time - and that you got to meet the musos!
      CommentAuthorAce
    • CommentTimeAug 30th, 2008 3:32pm (Aug 30th 2008)

They were well cool! Except only one of them was actually Austrian, and the other 2 were English.:)
    • CommentTimeAug 30th, 2008 9:01pm (Aug 30th 2008)

I've got a rant. The next door but one neighbours have friends round and they're all out in the garden laughing and talking really loud and I couldn't hear the tv so had to close the windows. Its too hot to close them all. :( :weather_hot:
    • CommentTimeAug 30th, 2008 9:03pm (Aug 30th 2008)

I have a Spanish customer who says the English are mad, because they open all the windows and let all the hot air IN...
    • CommentTimeAug 30th, 2008 9:07pm (Aug 30th 2008)

There was a lovely breeze earlier, but it died at about 5pm. My washing didn't even dry!
    • CommentTimeAug 30th, 2008 9:12pm (Aug 30th 2008)

We had all the windows open because they've just been painted. Onion's crest is now red and white...quite fetching, really!
    • CommentTimeAug 30th, 2008 9:53pm (Aug 30th 2008) edited

My rant of the day - the weird layout of the Whidbey (sp) thread.
    It's frightening!
    • CommentTimeAug 31st, 2008 1:18am (Aug 31st 2008) edited

It really IS, isn't it? I'm going to go back to using Langley Marina Pix thread I guess, since neither of them show up in New Posts anyway... :cry:
    • CommentTimeSep 3rd, 2008 5:21pm (Sep 3rd 2008)

Rant - the past three days have started out nice & sunny, then sometime around dinner it clouds over and starts raining, and it has rained constantly for the rest of the day(s). :rant_red2:

Had to run out and bring soggy washing in three times now...:_oh_really:
    • CommentAuthorCake
    • CommentTimeSep 4th, 2008 12:04pm (Sep 4th 2008)

The house is damp, the hens are damp, the garden is damp, the clothes are damp, the kids are damp, hubby is damp, work is damp, i am damp. The more i type the word damp the stranger it looks. damp. huh! strange.
    • CommentTimeSep 4th, 2008 12:12pm (Sep 4th 2008)

Woke up excited cos it was dry...tis raining again now! Feli's pond is overflowing...
    • CommentTimeSep 4th, 2008 12:28pm (Sep 4th 2008)

I have three frogs in my pool, (a small corner bath) plus eight fish. It doesn't overflow over the top as I have stuffed the old overflow hole with a stainless steel pan scrubber so the fish don't swim away down it.
    • CommentTimeSep 4th, 2008 12:40pm (Sep 4th 2008)

Oh yeah can see how overflowing would be quite problematic with the fish :o

Do the frogs & fish all get along together?
      CommentAuthorAce
    • CommentTimeSep 4th, 2008 12:48pm (Sep 4th 2008)

I have probably over 100 frogs! Most of the are babys. They get along with my fish just fine. ;)
    • CommentAuthorCake
    • CommentTimeSep 4th, 2008 12:57pm (Sep 4th 2008)

At this rate we are gonna be sharing the house with the frogs and fish. damp, damp, huh still strange,. damp
    • CommentTimeSep 4th, 2008 1:53pm (Sep 4th 2008) edited

:rant: :RANT ----
    B.... men at the door - "We can save you money on this/that"
    Wearing ID cards (which even I can produce on here!) and jackets emblazoned with logos, that I am supposed to recognise.. :blahblahblah:

I can't keep up with name changes and logos. What happened to the good old "Gas Board" and the "Elecricity Company"?

I say I don't buy anything at the door, which seems to phase them as they can't equate what they are doing, to the word, 'buy' :blahblahblah:

He taps his handbag and says he can work it all out on this. I can see its a pooter in a leather jacket but don't let on. :blahblahblah:

I make a hobby of winding these folks up, playing the 'old lady' trick. I used to do it on the phone but have signed on to the system that filters most of them out. :rant:
    • CommentAuthorCake
    • CommentTimeSep 4th, 2008 2:01pm (Sep 4th 2008)

Oh no, men in knickers and now you say men with handbags knocking at your door. what is the world coming to?!
    • CommentTimeSep 4th, 2008 3:42pm (Sep 4th 2008)

Ollie, all you do is stand at the door for as long as you fancy, saying "Eh? Eh? Speak oop, lad....eh? EH? What? Eh?" until they're blue in the face, give up and bog off.
    • CommentTimeSep 4th, 2008 7:26pm (Sep 4th 2008)

I once had a man at the door, told me all about breast cancer, how awful it was, blah blah, did I want to sign up to give them £x every month. No thank you, sez I, I work in the NHS and already donate to several charities. He was most perturbed, asked me WHY I didn't want to - I'm a woman after all and should be helping other women. No I said, and closed the door. Damn cheek, go get your sign ups elsewhere and don't try to guilt trip me.
    • CommentTimeSep 4th, 2008 7:56pm (Sep 4th 2008)

Well having had a dose of that, I would have flipped up my shirt and showed him what it looked like afterwards. That would have sent him running!
    • CommentTimeSep 4th, 2008 9:33pm (Sep 4th 2008)

Naughty girl...:rolling:
    • CommentTimeSep 4th, 2008 10:49pm (Sep 4th 2008)

Praps you could try that on the gas/electric idiots!
    • CommentTimeSep 5th, 2008 2:07am (Sep 5th 2008)

She'd get reported for sexual harrassment...:\
    • CommentTimeSep 9th, 2008 12:08am (Sep 9th 2008)

I just heard that my sons ice hockey team captain and his wife were robbed at gunpoint last night. They were in bed, the front door was kicked in, a gun pointed at them and their car keys demanded.

'His' car has a special system that made it cut out 200yds down the road. 'Her' car is gone. Why can't these damn people get a job and buy a car like the rest of us? The people who were robbed have good jobs that they've worked hard at to get where they are. The cars were nice, but not 'flashy' - a honda and a small audi.

Suppose if they're caught it'll be all about what a hard life they have, mother didn't love them, community service. Not that they'll be caught.
      CommentAuthorDianeonWhidbey
    • CommentTimeSep 9th, 2008 1:38am (Sep 9th 2008)

Their door was kicked in? OMG.
    • CommentTimeSep 9th, 2008 12:27pm (Sep 9th 2008)

rant - computer is being so slow i can't even use it...none of the posts are coming up because it is taking so long to load so i can't read what has been posted *growls and storms off in a huff* :rant_red2:
    • CommentTimeSep 9th, 2008 4:39pm (Sep 9th 2008)

I thought you were in a posh bit of Brum, Kate? Or is that why the robbers chose it?
      CommentAuthorDianeonWhidbey
    • CommentTimeSep 9th, 2008 5:56pm (Sep 9th 2008)

I still can't believe it - having your door kicked in? That's horrible. I think I'd be pretty traumatized.
    • CommentTimeSep 9th, 2008 10:52pm (Sep 9th 2008)

We're not, but they are (well, Solihull). Shocking.

• CommentTimeSep 10th, 2008 10:35am (Sep 10th 2008)

Posted By: KatebI can't help but laugh Diane, you worry about the door being kicked in but not the gun put in their faces!!!!!

I hadn't looked at it that way until you mentioned it, Kate :D
    • CommentTimeSep 10th, 2008 5:42pm (Sep 10th 2008)

She lives in america!
    • CommentTimeSep 10th, 2008 9:25pm (Sep 10th 2008)

True!! I suppose over there they knock the door THEN stick a gun in your face!
    • CommentTimeSep 11th, 2008 12:08am (Sep 11th 2008) edited

Rant ~ soooo fed up. Millions of forms and letters and different deadlines and things i need to do and things i need to take...i don't understand half the forms they might as well be in a different language. Feel like putting them all through the shredder and then going to live in a cave on my own for the rest of my life :D :banghead:
    • CommentTimeSep 11th, 2008 2:37am (Sep 11th 2008) edited

LOL - This is a case of 'what's inclusive isn't exclusive...' I was just talking about the starting point of the horribleness. The whole thing is stunning. So, are you guys saying that (as long as they weren't weaponized) you wouldn't suffer trauma at having your door kicked in? ;)

Clear up something for me. Is it true, or not, that your cops don't carry guns?
      CommentAuthorDianeonWhidbey
    • CommentTimeSep 11th, 2008 2:41am (Sep 11th 2008)

Hang in there Red. This too will pass...
    • CommentTimeSep 11th, 2008 4:21pm (Sep 11th 2008) edited

No they don't, only special firearms units (armed response units, I think they're called) , the ones on guard at the airports and the ones who guard the Queeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeen and all who sail in her. Wazza will tell you for sure...except he's vanished again!
      CommentAuthorDianeonWhidbey
    • CommentTimeSep 11th, 2008 5:18pm (Sep 11th 2008)

Well, then how do they go up against people kicking in doors with guns?

Armed criminal runs down the street and police officer says: Stop and come over here so I can handcuff you. And they do?