Site Tag Cloud

21st advice album alert amazing animal animals area arrived aubree babies baby bad bald bam bath battery beautiful belated ben big bill bird birthday black bonfire bound box breeds british broken broody bull bun buy buying cage caged cam camera captions car care cat cc chicken chickens chook chooks christmas chucks clicker colour competition contact coop coops cornsnake council couple cruelty cutting dad day dead death decide derby diane diet dog dogs donna dresses drinking early easter eat eating egg eggs elvis emergency falcon falcons farm feather feathers feed feeding finally find fireworks first foggy for forum foundation free frog fun funny future garden girl girls goldie good goodbye goodness gotcha great growing hagley hall hamster happy heavy helen hen hencam hens hike home horse house housing huge ideas improvements indoor info inscription introduce introducing introduction james julie july jumper kasper kaspers kate late latest lathargic laying lead lee leeds lemon life likes london long lost lots love lovely lyle lynn machine mareks meet members merry message mice milly mite morning moult mouse moving mums mystery nail nanny new news nice night noisy nook norths ollie online page pancake parrot party pecking peregrine personal pet pets photos pic pics pictures plants plus poland poorly positive post poultry production prom pumpkin purple quail questions rabbit rain rare rat recall red reds reinforcement remember renee respect review rip ronston roof sad sale scarlet service shelled shirley shobhna show sids slightly slow snake sneezing snow soft spammers special spring staffordshire start stop terrier thomas thread ticket tilly time today tom training tree trev trevs uk update urgent valentines vegan vet visitors visits volka walk wanted warning webcam weekend welfare where wild wilsden winnie winter women woods work world wrong ya yay year yorkshire zoey zoeys 1 2 4 2010 2011 2013 2014 2016

• CommentTimeJul 30th, 2014 6:41pm (Jul 30th 2014)

You want to take more water with it, girl...:D I hate days like that; you end up wishing you hadn't got up in the morning! Had a day like that yesterday; set out all the words in pencil on Mum's gravestone and then realised it was off centre and had to do it again. Then the transfer paper didn't show up on the stone so had to do it a third time. Just began carving it today...
    • CommentTimeJul 30th, 2014 9:20pm (Jul 30th 2014)

You're carving the whole stone yourself?! How wonderful - what a specal thing to do for your mom. I'm sure it'll turn out well. Are you using marble? I don't know if there is any alternative ...?
    • CommentTimeJul 31st, 2014 7:16pm (Jul 31st 2014)

It's Portland stone and I'm adding mum's name onto dad's stone that I carved 7 years ago.
    • CommentTimeAug 1st, 2014 10:38pm (Aug 1st 2014)

How lovely. It's nice that such an old skill is still in use and hasn't been completely overtaken by technology, and that people like you can learn it and keep it going.
    • CommentTimeAug 2nd, 2014 11:34pm (Aug 2nd 2014)

Kept getting swiped at by the cats at rehoming today - no idea why, but they were all a bit mardy! Finally, Fynn - who is the new resident cat - clawed me. He'd sat on my lap 4 times previously, let me get a knot out of his fur and pick out 3 grass seeds, but took offence at me moving him along the reception desk so that the manager could write down an e-mail address. He hooked a bit of skin completely out just to the back of my thumb on the right hand - big ouch. It hurts a lot now and swollen but not particularly red. I assume it's bruising because if I don't move my thumb it's OK, but if I use it it hurts.
    • CommentTimeAug 3rd, 2014 12:51pm (Aug 3rd 2014)

As long as you disinfected it... Perhaps it's the weather? Like people going loopy at full moon! Hope it's better soon. You do realise that everything you pick up from now on will have lemon juice or salt in it? Owie!
    • CommentTimeAug 3rd, 2014 8:59pm (Aug 3rd 2014)

Thankfully it's on my right hand (I'm left handed) so have mostly avoided the 'salt in the wound' ritual!! It's a bit easier today. The weird thing is that the 2 puncture wounds lie along a vein, which disappears between the marks! Bruising is starting to show too - owchie again!
    • CommentTimeAug 4th, 2014 2:59pm (Aug 4th 2014)

Wow Kate that does sound painful. I hope it won't get infected.
    • CommentTimeAug 4th, 2014 9:19pm (Aug 4th 2014)

It's loads better today - still got the 'pause' in the vein but otherwise it's OK and not even much bruising!
    • CommentTimeSep 10th, 2014 2:45pm (Sep 10th 2014)

rant: took my camera with us on a trip to Arnside. This is the camera I hardly ever take out of the house because I love it and don't want it to break. I am so careful with my belongings, my Ipod lasted for 13 years before it finally gave out! Guess what? The camera broke :rant_red2:

No idea how or why, but it won't focus at all. So it is useless. Stupid thing...
    • CommentTimeSep 10th, 2014 6:16pm (Sep 10th 2014)

Is it still under guarantee, Red?
    • CommentTimeSep 10th, 2014 9:23pm (Sep 10th 2014)

Hubby has had issues with his camera - spots showing up on all the pictures which he thought was on the lens but turns out they were inside the lens. He tried to find somewhere that does repairs / cleaning but there is nothing local (terrible when you consider we're in the 2nd city!) and the only suggestions he could find were Currys and Argos! Maybe there are better options oop north!
    • CommentTimeSep 15th, 2014 6:28pm (Sep 15th 2014)

Posted By: chief chickenIs it still under guarantee, Red?

Unfortunately not...I need to take it to a repair shop and ask for a quote, then see whether it's worth repairing it or getting a new one...

I know we had quite a few repair shops in Yorkshire but I have no idea around here...
    • CommentTimeSep 19th, 2014 11:07pm (Sep 19th 2014)

rant: our boiler is broken, boooo!
    • CommentTimeSep 20th, 2014 3:44pm (Sep 20th 2014)

Get the landlords onto it then; at least you won't have to pay and it's still reasonably warm...
    • CommentTimeSep 20th, 2014 10:35pm (Sep 20th 2014)

This is horrifying and disgraceful (apologies for posting this - I have posted the link to the petition (and hope it works) NOT the link to the actual story). Basically there is a video on Facebook of a kitten being doused with petrol and set on fire. They refuse to remove it saying it doesn't breach any rules. WHAT! The original story was in the Daily Mail. This petition has been set up to force them to remove it. I haven't viewed the video (for obvious reasons) and I hope someone has reported it to the police. Please sign the petition.

• CommentTimeSep 21st, 2014 12:54pm (Sep 21st 2014)

Vile. I've signed it. This is exactly why I closed my FB account; they are a waste of time and space.
    • CommentTimeSep 21st, 2014 7:26pm (Sep 21st 2014)

Thanks CC. I just can't understand the cruelty of humans.
    • CommentTimeSep 23rd, 2014 5:29pm (Sep 23rd 2014)

Wow, doesn't breach any rules...

RANT: my jittery legs and arm have started up again, worse than ever despite being on a reduced dose :sad: I've already had a stranger comment on it and my whole body aches from moving constantly...
    • CommentTimeSep 23rd, 2014 6:19pm (Sep 23rd 2014)

• CommentTimeSep 23rd, 2014 8:04pm (Sep 23rd 2014)

• CommentTimeSep 24th, 2014 5:40pm (Sep 24th 2014)

Red, I'm sorry you are still having problems with your drugs. I hope the doctor can help you sort it out soon.:bighug:
    • CommentTimeSep 24th, 2014 5:42pm (Sep 24th 2014)

Posted By: chief chickenA stranger commented??? Good God, how rude can you get? Can they give you anything to suppress it?

It's the third time a stranger has commented in the past few months, since the jitters got really bad...one hideous person directed the question to Lyle and asked if his "lady friend" was okay!! :001_rolleyes:

They tried to give me another med to stop the jitters, but it didn't work and they seem against trying a different one. I did read that an over-the-counter allergy medicine can help stop akathisia, but I should probably check with someone first :/

Posted By: KatebI thought they were a side-effect of the meds so surely on a reduced dose you shouldn't be getting them? Can you go back to the doc and see what they suggest? Do your hormones affect how the drugs work, or what you eat, or other meds? I'm so sorry this has come back and I hope they can sort you out soon. xx

It is a side-effect, but it might not go away until the dose is very low, and if we lower the med below 12.5mg it doesn't control my symptoms. I can't go back to the GP as they don't have the power to alter my medication, and we're on a waiting list for my next psych appt, so it'll probably be a few months...

I did think about just stopping completely again, but it went badly last time! :tooth:
    • CommentTimeSep 25th, 2014 9:53pm (Sep 25th 2014)

Don't do that Red, cold turkey is bad! Can the pharmacist advise if the over the counter meds are OK with the other ones?
    • CommentTimeSep 26th, 2014 5:54pm (Sep 26th 2014)

Yes, pharmacists are brilliant helpful people, Red.
    • CommentTimeSep 27th, 2014 1:09am (Sep 27th 2014) edited

Oh fantastic idea, I hadn't thought of asking a pharmacist at all! :)

Had someone else comment on the jitters today, but at least they only asked if I was okay :001_rolleyes:
    • CommentTimeOct 4th, 2014 7:29pm (Oct 4th 2014) edited

rant: had to pay £8.99 for Kasper's cone at the vet. Firstly they gave us the wrong size (despite us measuring Kasper's neck) so it's a little too large and in certain situations he can slip it off over his head.

Then there's the fact he can easily still get to lick his foot whilst wearing the cone if he sits a certain way. He figured this out in about 2 hours and does it constantly...why make a bl**dy cone if it doesn't even work?! :cursing:

The clips that fasten the cone are also crud, and all it takes is a slight amount of pressure for them to burst open. Yet again Kasper utilises this to get to his foot.

I honestly wouldn't mind if we hadn't paid so much for it, but now we can't leave him alone at all as all he does is break free of the cone and lick his foot. This is leaving us incredibly stressed, Zoey is peeved because she's having less walks as her walks are a two person job, and Kasper is miserable because a) he's having to wear a cone and b) every few minutes we have to yank his head away from his foot!!

:tearhair:
    • CommentTimeOct 4th, 2014 8:55pm (Oct 4th 2014)

Can you tape a sock over his foot while he's indoors? And when he's outdoors he'll be too distracted to chew his foot.
    • CommentTimeOct 5th, 2014 3:45pm (Oct 5th 2014) edited

We tried tying a baby sock ( because they're smaller / tighter) and he ripped it off as soon as we'd turned our backs...I guess we need to watch him every second and aren't allowed to sleep!! :rolling::001_rolleyes:

Had to cancel our dog walking for tomorrow as Kasper can't be left alone and we have a vet appt, which is definitely a two man job! Tuesday Lyle will be going solo and I'll stay with Kasper...
    • CommentTimeOct 5th, 2014 6:15pm (Oct 5th 2014)

My friend used gaffer tape/duct tape to secure Winston's sock, and that did work. Hope all goes well for you all.
    • CommentTimeOct 6th, 2014 6:06pm (Oct 6th 2014)

Well at least you know that Kasper is no dummy..he's a clever boy to figure out how to get to his foot. :face-smile:
    • CommentTimeOct 7th, 2014 1:27pm (Oct 7th 2014) edited

We've used duct tape a fair few times too CC, and that bandage they use at the vets that sticks to itself but not the animals fur. I would use a combination now, but we need to be able to get to his foot easily for the salt baths...

Haha that's a very positive outlook Lynn, I like it! Oh yeah, he's a clever boy alright... :smile:
    • CommentTimeOct 11th, 2014 1:29pm (Oct 11th 2014)

Poor Lyle is really ill today :(

I'm hoping it's just a 24 hour bug and he can shake it off soon, bless him :heart:

Until he's better I have a cone dog and a giddy Staffy to look after too!!
    • CommentTimeOct 11th, 2014 6:37pm (Oct 11th 2014)

Is it the one that starts with feeling as though you've swallowed a hedgehog then headaches then a snotty cold/cough? I've just had to ;ose a week's work with that one - it's everywhere here. Hope he feels better soon, Red. :heart:
    • CommentTimeOct 12th, 2014 3:34pm (Oct 12th 2014)

It started with a banging headache which lasted all day and pretty much crippled him, with a nice dollop of vomiting throughout...just delightful! :smile:
    He's feeling much, much better today though so your get well wishes must have worked :)
    • CommentTimeOct 13th, 2014 11:18am (Oct 13th 2014)

I am glad to hear that Lyle is feeling better today, red. Sounds like he had a rough time of it. I hope you won't come down with it too. :_puke:
    • CommentTimeOct 13th, 2014 12:46pm (Oct 13th 2014)

Thanks, me too! :)

We're supposed to be meeting my family for a meal in Skipton this weekend on my birthday, but I don't know if we'll be able to go because Kasper will still be wearing a cone. We're gonna try putting him in his new XL crate for an hour this week and see if he manages to break free from his cone...if he does I guess we'll have to delay the meal :sad:
    • CommentTimeOct 13th, 2014 2:27pm (Oct 13th 2014)

Could they come to you with a takeaway, Red? Have a fab birthday, won't you?:bdaycake::bdayparty::bdayhappy_balloons: (I'm getting in early before I have a chance to forget!)
    My rant; Kate, get your pooter fixed, we miss you! :heart:
    • CommentTimeOct 14th, 2014 3:40pm (Oct 14th 2014) edited

They could, but we'd have to sit outside with Kasper and my mum's allergies might be triggered...she generally does best outside though :/
    And thank you :yay_jump:

First rant: I agree with CC's! :001_tt2:

Second rant: on our walk with Kasper today a boy of about eleven approached him to say hello, and the boy did literally EVERYTHING that he could have wrong. He walked directly in front of Kasper, blocking any route of escape which can lead to a dog feeling trapped. He towered above Kasper, stared Kasper in the eyes and held a hand above Kasper's head to stroke him...all things you should NOT do to a dog you don't know!!

As soon as we saw him heading our way, because of how directly he was approaching, I knew straight away I didn't want him to say hello to Kasper. Normally we will let children greet Kasper (never Zoey as she leaps up madly to kiss faces and play bites!) but not this time. I held my hand in a 'stop' sign and said "Please don't stroke him, he's a rescue dog and can be nervous." The kid kept on coming!!

I ran to stand in front of Kasper and block the boy's way. Then Lyle held his hand up to show 'stop' too and said, more forcefully now as the kid was only a few feet away despite the fact we had stopped walking, "He is nervous. He could bite."

It was at this point that the parents, who up to this point had done nothing, spoke in a foreign language and called the kid away...jeez!

People really need to teach their children how to approach dogs and, equally as important, to ASK before they go to greet a strange dog. If Kasper had barked or growled at that kid, I honestly wouldn't have blamed him (he didn't, he stood there wagging like a goofball) - yet we would have been deemed to have a dangerous dog!!
    • CommentTimeOct 14th, 2014 4:40pm (Oct 14th 2014)

I often think all children should be kept on leads in public places. No, that wasn't a typo.
    • CommentTimeOct 14th, 2014 6:18pm (Oct 14th 2014)

Red, go and look on Firebox website...there's a chicken purse to go with the handbag! :rolling:
    • CommentTimeOct 14th, 2014 7:18pm (Oct 14th 2014) edited

Yep me too :001_rolleyes:

Hahaha I know!!! I saw it the other day and thought about getting my mum it for her birthday, but thought I'd better not :tooth: Got her this instead, chosen by Lyle! It's awesome :rolling:

(it's a handmade coaster)
      mum.jpg
    • CommentTimeOct 14th, 2014 7:20pm (Oct 14th 2014) edited

She has a little goodie bag haha! Which includes but is not limited to veggie sweets, slippers and this oddly cool hanging thing made from recycled paper :bigsmile:

(please note dad, don't show mum this!! :001_tongue: )
      mum2.jpg
      mum1.jpg
    • CommentTimeOct 15th, 2014 3:21pm (Oct 15th 2014)

Sounds like Lyle had a migraine - has he had anything like that before?

Pooter still not sorted - I hoped it would resolve itself but doesn't seem it will. Google here I come - please find me a solution!!
    • CommentTimeOct 15th, 2014 4:00pm (Oct 15th 2014)

Oo, I love the hangy bird-type thing!
    • CommentTimeOct 15th, 2014 7:16pm (Oct 15th 2014)

No that was the first time Kate. He says he wouldn't recommend it :smile:

I hope my mum likes it that much CC!
    • CommentTimeOct 17th, 2014 3:57pm (Oct 17th 2014)

rant: walking Zoey to town today we crossed the road to avoid some smashed glass we knew was there...and there was more on the other side too! Grr! So she had to walk through it because we noticed it late on the way there, and on the way back we had to walk on the road...nightmare!
    • CommentTimeOct 19th, 2014 11:58am (Oct 19th 2014) edited

rant: walking back from the station we saw a woman walking a large American Bulldog. The dog was quite giddy, so when people walked past it jumped up to say hello. The woman walking it would then scream "STOP JUMPING UP! Do you want some? DO YOU WANT SOME?!" Then, as the dog was cowering with its' tail between its legs, she would punch it as hard as she could in the head. Proper jaw-breaking punches :face-crying:

It was the saddest thing I've ever seen. I had to actually cover my eyes as we walked past. Lyle wanted to go over and say something, but I really didn't want to get the dog in any more trouble if it jumped up, and I didn't want an argument or a fight!!

We could have followed them home and reported them, but we had to get back to the dogs as they'd already been left for five hours...
    • CommentTimeOct 20th, 2014 9:26am (Oct 20th 2014)

rant: it's raining heavily outside and we have three dogs to walk today that are scared of rain, including Zoey...oh dear :tooth:
    • CommentTimeOct 21st, 2014 11:25am (Oct 21st 2014) edited

Red, I wish people would learn to approach dog the right way too. I think the world would be a much better place. I hate to see people abusing dogs like that stupid woman did, she is the one who needs to be smacked up side the head.
    • CommentTimeOct 23rd, 2014 2:11pm (Oct 23rd 2014)

Most definitely. I hate how there's virtually nothing you can do in that situation either. Lyle really wanted to go over to say something (he always does) but I never let him because you just don't know what could happen...
    • CommentTimeOct 25th, 2014 1:29am (Oct 25th 2014)

That's true, you never know how someone else will react and it could turn into an ugly situation.
    • CommentTimeOct 29th, 2014 10:50am (Oct 29th 2014)

Georgie had her beautiful bike stolen, second one...
    Despite alarms, disablers and stuff, from right under the window at her Auntie's.:face-sad:
    Seen and reported numerous times by fellow bikers but no response from police. Eventually, on a tip off they did give chase. Culprit dumped bike and got away.
    :face-smile: We do have the bike back now but lots of repair work to do, particularly farings and electricals. Costing lots of cash but insurance claim would cost more in long run.
    • CommentTimeOct 29th, 2014 1:17pm (Oct 29th 2014)

Oh Ollie what a pain!
    • CommentTimeOct 29th, 2014 3:15pm (Oct 29th 2014)

Oh poor Georgie, what a pain. People are so bloody aren't they?:face-sad:
    • CommentTimeOct 31st, 2014 12:12pm (Oct 31st 2014) edited

rant: we forgot to buy a pumpkin AGAIN!!! Every year we either forget to buy one or forget to carve it and they just rot :rolling: This year we were adamant that we would buy one, carve it and use the guts for cooking...yeah, hasn't happened! :smile:
    • CommentTimeOct 31st, 2014 6:04pm (Oct 31st 2014)

Posted By: Red buy one, carve it and use the guts for cooking...

:_puke::ack2:But they're REVOLTING!!!!
    • CommentTimeNov 2nd, 2014 12:01am (Nov 2nd 2014)

I've had pumpkin soup before, but I think that's about it really...Lyle is a master chef though so I bet he could make it taste nice! ;)
    • CommentTimeNov 2nd, 2014 12:50am (Nov 2nd 2014)

Pumpkin pie is delightful, CC! You can make bread out of them too...well, I couldn't cause I'm a rotten cook, but my Mom could.:face-smile:
    • CommentTimeNov 2nd, 2014 12:52am (Nov 2nd 2014)

Ollie, I'm sorry to hear that they stole Georgie's bike a second time. :face-sad:
    • CommentTimeNov 5th, 2014 3:41pm (Nov 5th 2014)

My rant: WE WANT KATE BACK!:face-sad:
    • CommentTimeNov 5th, 2014 5:47pm (Nov 5th 2014) edited

That we do.

Rant: Lyle's phone has completely died and his contract doesn't let him get another until Christmas. We both use this phone and literally everybody has its' number. What a pain!
    • CommentTimeNov 6th, 2014 1:51pm (Nov 6th 2014)

rant: it's raining, and we need to walk Zoey before it gets dark so she doesn't get startled by any fireworks whilst out and develop a fear of them. But she is scared of walking in the rain. Oh phooey...
    • CommentTimeNov 6th, 2014 6:39pm (Nov 6th 2014)

Managed to get Zoey out when it was only drizzling slightly, before it got dark. I am so glad both our pups are okay with fireworks. We had more than I expected around here last night; Kasper slept like a log through them all and Zoey jumped once and came over to lick my face to calm herself down!

How was everyone else's pets on bonfire night?

A concord went past on a walk yesterday. It was SO loud, and all Zoey did was get really giddy and come jump up to say hello to me! :tooth:
    • CommentTimeNov 7th, 2014 6:22pm (Nov 7th 2014)

Posted By: Red Zoey jumped once and came over to lick my face to calm herself down!
    How was everyone else's pets on bonfire night?

She was probably calming YOU down! :D
    Tuppence was miserable and spent the night in her air raid shelter under the table where, as any fule kno, nobody or nothing can get you.
    • CommentTimeNov 8th, 2014 4:05pm (Nov 8th 2014)

Ha, probably!

Oh bless her. You know, we've brought the table in from the shed and the dog beds are underneath it. Zoey thought Lyle was about to pick her up to put her harness on (she still hates it) and fled under the table for safety! She obviously shares Tuppence's way of thinking ;)
    • CommentTimeNov 9th, 2014 10:46pm (Nov 9th 2014)

rant: we've only just realised we accidentally ordered the wrong type of dog food...same company, exact same branding and style of bag of kibble, but slightly different name! Wouldn't usually mind, but the ingredients in this one are pretty poor compared to very good...shoot! :001_rolleyes:

Oh well, there's only like half a bag of it left now...
    • CommentTimeNov 10th, 2014 7:32am (Nov 10th 2014)

I'm going to have to change dry dog kibble for Frodo..the kind I bought for him, he hates it and won't eat it at all. He could stand to loose a pound or two, he's a bit over weight from eating treats...he's my chunky monkey.
    • CommentTimeNov 10th, 2014 6:09pm (Nov 10th 2014) edited

Zoey is the same, no matter what brand we buy she turns her nose up at it! We tried adding all sorts (gravy, yoghurt, wet dog food etc) and she'd eat a bowl full for a few days then start snubbing it again :001_rolleyes:

So now she gets what she's given, and if she doesn't eat it, tough! She does mostly eat all her food, but only one meal a day...if we give her two, she NEVER eats the second!! Stupid skinny little oik :001_tongue: And Kasper's our chunky money too!
    How is little Frodo? :)
    • CommentTimeNov 10th, 2014 6:56pm (Nov 10th 2014)

You can always mix the iffy stuff into a bag of the good stuff and then it'll get used up but sort of diluted...
    • CommentTimeNov 12th, 2014 7:47am (Nov 12th 2014)

Frodo is doing great now, Red. I think what has helped him the most if having a friend bring her dog over for play dates. Frodo really loves his pal Dexter. Dexter is a Silver Lab.
      Frodo-Dexter-tugOfWar.jpg
    • CommentTimeNov 12th, 2014 5:09pm (Nov 12th 2014)

I've never seen a silver lab - isn't he lovely? They make a splendid pic together, Lynn!
    • CommentTimeNov 12th, 2014 6:44pm (Nov 12th 2014)

Awww he's all grown up, where's the fuzzy little puppy gone?! :tooth:

Gorgeous pups, both of them :smile:
    • CommentTimeNov 12th, 2014 6:52pm (Nov 12th 2014) edited

rant: arrrgh my legs are so painful and achy due to jitters >__<
    • CommentTimeNov 12th, 2014 7:51pm (Nov 12th 2014)

I hope your legs get to feeling better soon, Red..how awful for you to have to keep going through this. I wish your doctor could find a solution for this problem.

Dexter is 5 months younger than Frodo, but so much bigger, that he has to hunker down to be the same level as Frodo, when they play tug-of-war. Dexter is the sweetest Lab I've ever been around.
    • CommentTimeNov 13th, 2014 11:26am (Nov 13th 2014)

Thanks Lynn :bighug:

Aw, how sweet that Frodo has a puppy friend he can play with often!
    • CommentTimeNov 13th, 2014 11:28am (Nov 13th 2014)

RIP Lacy mouse :( We noticed she hadn't been leaping from her bed for treats when we were in the kitchen at lunchtime yesterday, but figured she was sleeping. Checked on her in the evening and she had passed :sad:
    • CommentTimeNov 13th, 2014 11:43am (Nov 13th 2014)

It's been a while since I was able to get on here - I still can't get it to work at home and have no idea why, and it's difficult at work because a) I'm supposed to be working and b) I've had far too much work to do!
    Red: Sorry about the dogs etc - that woman should be punched like that and see how she likes it but I think you're right, it's not worth saying anything.
    Ollie: Poor Georgie - it's disgraceful that people think it's acceptable to take the belongings of others. The police just don't have the resources to act on them all now as it's so prevalent everywhere. What annoys me is that if they caught the little oiks they'd probably only get a tap on the wrist, and if the parents were spoken to they wouldn't think it was a problem. What is wrong with society.
    Red (again!): Sorry about Lacy, she had a lovely life with you. I was talking to my vet last week and it turns out she has rats! Wish she'd been at my vets 4 years ago as she's very knowledgable about them.
    Lynn: Frodo is lovely and so is his friend - what a beautiful colour!
    CC: I'm so sad that I can't get on to the forum - must be something to do with Apple but I can't find out what. I will keep trying and if all else fails will do what I can to catch up in work time or take my laptop home so I can access the forum! Miss you all! xx
    • CommentTimeNov 13th, 2014 4:31pm (Nov 13th 2014)

:heart: Sleep well, Lacy...

Kate; gerrit fixed, we need you!!! Can't you ask an IT boffin at work?
    • CommentTimeNov 13th, 2014 10:39pm (Nov 13th 2014)

Yay! Hello Kate, we miss you! :wavey:

Saddest thing is about Lacy we were supposed to be picking two baby female mice up from a pet shop today, to be intro'd to her. They'd just finished their quarantine :sad:

So we phoned up and cancelled. Still, Lacy might not have got on with them...

We're going to see them either tomorrow or this weekend though, and will probably come home with them :tooth:
    • CommentTimeNov 14th, 2014 7:39am (Nov 14th 2014)

I'm so sorry to hear little Lacy mouse passed away, Red. :face-crying:

Kate, it's wonderful to see a post from you again, been wondering how you were doing. I hope you get your Apple problem fixed so you can get to the forum again, you are greatly missed.
    • CommentTimeNov 14th, 2014 5:00pm (Nov 14th 2014)

Thanks Lynn, I'm just gutted she had to die alone :( But we had to have any new mice quarantined, especially seeing as Lacy was old and vulnerable...
    • CommentTimeNov 15th, 2014 6:33pm (Nov 15th 2014) edited

rant: there are so many corncobs littered by the side of the road and on the beach...WHY?!? Corncobs are one of the most dangerous things a dog can eat, they often cause a blockage which can result in an operation or death...every time I see one on a dog walk I panic!
    • CommentTimeNov 17th, 2014 5:52pm (Nov 17th 2014)

Thank good ol' Colonel Sanders and KFC, Red. I reckon that's where they're from. Foxes will take the bones etc., but corn cobs...:face-sad:
    • CommentTimeNov 18th, 2014 6:35pm (Nov 18th 2014) edited

Oh, I bet is too. Hadn't even thought of that. And you get loads of litter dumped around there too. And hardly anyone picks up their dogs' poop (despite there being 4 poo bins I can think of off the top of my head). It's a shame because it's a really beautiful area too. Yuck...
    • CommentTimeNov 20th, 2014 8:45pm (Nov 20th 2014)

I'm back!!! For some reason it's just started working again so I have lots of posts to work my way through. Hope it stays fixed!
    • CommentTimeNov 20th, 2014 9:26pm (Nov 20th 2014)

Hurrah! We MISSED you! :flowers:
    • CommentTimeNov 20th, 2014 9:54pm (Nov 20th 2014)

Likewise! Am back up to speed now I think.
    • CommentTimeNov 21st, 2014 6:32pm (Nov 21st 2014)

:woohoo::bighug::yay_jump::drinkparty:

Weird, but fantastic news!
    • CommentTimeNov 25th, 2014 1:12am (Nov 25th 2014)

Woooo Hoooo You made it back, Kate!!:yay_jump::woohoo::bighug:
    • CommentTimeNov 25th, 2014 8:24pm (Nov 25th 2014)

feels good to be here!
    • CommentTimeNov 26th, 2014 3:09pm (Nov 26th 2014)

We MISSED you. Any more absences and we shall need a note.:face-smile:
    • CommentTimeNov 26th, 2014 6:04pm (Nov 26th 2014)

rant: *sobs* The new cage arrived today, but we were at a stupid Dr's appt and missed it!!! And instead of leaving it with a neighbour the delivery company dropped it off at a post office (not even the nearby one!) and we can't pick it up 'till tomorrow - aaargh!! My mood's a bit speedy so the wait's gonna feel twice as long too *groans* :rolling:
    • CommentTimeNov 26th, 2014 8:17pm (Nov 26th 2014) edited

I'll try to be good in future and not wander off unattended!!

Sorry about your parcel Red - it always happens to me too. I can spend 23 hours and 45 minutes in the house and it'll come in the 15 mins I pop to get a pint of milk.
    • CommentTimeNov 27th, 2014 4:44pm (Nov 27th 2014)

I really wasn't expecting it until the end of the week at the earliest...ah well, we have it now :tooth:
    • CommentTimeNov 27th, 2014 5:07pm (Nov 27th 2014)

Do you ever get the feeling they're watching for you to pop nextdoor for 3 seconds...and THAT'S when they knock at the door?
    • CommentTimeNov 27th, 2014 6:47pm (Nov 27th 2014)

Ha! Yes! If it'd come today or tomorrow, at the same time as it did yesterday, we would have been in :smile:
    • CommentTimeDec 1st, 2014 3:58pm (Dec 1st 2014)

Where is everybody??:face-crying:
    • CommentTimeDec 1st, 2014 7:10pm (Dec 1st 2014)

Surprisingly after recent difficulties, I'm here! Maybe everyone else is Christmas shopping? I half-wrote my list and got bored. Promised myself I'd put the tree up today but don't think I've got the energy!
    • CommentTimeDec 2nd, 2014 3:39am (Dec 2nd 2014)

I'm here, it just takes me a lot longer to get my chores done, it's been soooo cold here the past few days. All of the critters water freezes up about 10 minutes after I change it. This morning it was 12°F doing chores.(don't know what that is in C° but it's cold!):face-sad: