Site Tag Cloud

• CommentTimeNov 22nd, 2008 9:59pm (Nov 22nd 2008)

Well, it's changed to 'apple racks' now. There's useful...:\
    • CommentTimeNov 23rd, 2008 6:13am (Nov 23rd 2008)

All I get is ads for "5 Tip for a flat stomach". I guess they think I'm a fat girl...should I be insulted? :rollonfloorlaughing:
    • CommentTimeNov 23rd, 2008 11:11am (Nov 23rd 2008) edited

rant: Where's our snow :cry:
    • CommentTimeNov 23rd, 2008 1:34pm (Nov 23rd 2008)

Washed away by the rain, if ours is anything to go by...:(
    • CommentTimeNov 23rd, 2008 7:17pm (Nov 23rd 2008)

Booo! On a more positive note, my radiator should be getting fixed tomorrow so i will have heat :hurray:
    • CommentTimeNov 23rd, 2008 7:34pm (Nov 23rd 2008)

Hooray for your radiator!
    I hate being cold.

I had central heating put in only five years ago - if only I had known what a difference it makes!!!
    • CommentTimeNov 23rd, 2008 7:42pm (Nov 23rd 2008)

I'm glad to hear your heat will be fixed tomorrow, Red. No wonder you have had a hard time getting rid of your cold. :sick:
    • CommentTimeNov 23rd, 2008 7:50pm (Nov 23rd 2008)

Oh Lynn. that is such a sad vanillacon!

Get well soon, Red.
      CommentAuthorDianeonWhidbey
    • CommentTimeNov 24th, 2008 12:53am (Nov 24th 2008)

Posted By: LynnWAll I get is ads for "5 Tip for a flat stomach". I guess they think I'm a fat girl...should I be insulted?
    Its giving you and I the same ads, Lynn. I guess it has a limited repertoire for the US.
      CommentAuthornancy
    • CommentTimeNov 24th, 2008 2:28am (Nov 24th 2008)

my rant of the day: my work load! Biology lab, historical investigation, world literature paper, English presentation, history presentation, SATs and college applications all in the next two weeks! Oh the irony of life; we work so hard to achieve a sophisticated education in order to live a prosperous life and yet we deplete our youth and end up finding ourselves regretting the past! We spent so much time preparing for the next stage of our lives that we neglect to the live out the years nature intended! The result: callow minds with a wizened spirits. Reading George Orwell has made me so pessimistic. :| So glad there's hencam! Ah, the wonders of nature's birds. They alone command their actions for they lack social pressures, intellectual pursuits, and materialistic desires.
    • CommentTimeNov 24th, 2008 5:29am (Nov 24th 2008)

Nancy..you need to get your self some CHICKENS!:chicken_catch: :bigsmile:
    • CommentTimeNov 24th, 2008 10:43am (Nov 24th 2008)

Wow Nancyli, you surpassed yourself there. All that fluidity and phrasing.
    Just shows you can do it rather than all that near-text speak that is so difficult for us old duffers to understand.
    Or did you crib it off someone else???
    • CommentTimeNov 24th, 2008 4:43pm (Nov 24th 2008) edited

My radiator is fixed! I am so happy. My cold already feels 100x better, and i have no rant for today :001_smile:
      CommentAuthorDianeonWhidbey
    • CommentTimeNov 24th, 2008 6:34pm (Nov 24th 2008) edited

Be one with the preparation experience, Nancy. Or not. Either way, it would appear you are engaged in a whole lot right now. ;)

What's on the list of what you would rather be doing though?
    • CommentTimeNov 24th, 2008 8:46pm (Nov 24th 2008)

The poxy humane mouse trap has just gone off. No almonds in it...and no mouse either.
    Mensamouse!
      CommentAuthornancy
    • CommentTimeNov 24th, 2008 8:49pm (Nov 24th 2008)

I have decided to take a day off tomorrow for pure SAT studying and maybe even some college applications. and of course HenCam Watching!!!!
    • CommentAuthorhqtrev
    • CommentTimeNov 25th, 2008 1:09am (Nov 25th 2008)

Diane, thanks for the comment you put on utube.
    :cool:
    • CommentTimeNov 25th, 2008 3:07am (Nov 25th 2008)

Rant: i am too awake to sleep right now... :(
      CommentAuthorJonny
    • CommentTimeNov 25th, 2008 3:09am (Nov 25th 2008)

Thats not good Red..it must be.. what 3AM there?
    • CommentTimeNov 25th, 2008 10:11am (Nov 25th 2008)

Yeah it was...but i still got up for my 9am lecture - now that is a dedicated student! :P
    • CommentTimeNov 25th, 2008 4:36pm (Nov 25th 2008)

No, that is a very very odd student...
    • CommentTimeNov 25th, 2008 4:48pm (Nov 25th 2008)

Damn, you got me there :-\
    :na:
      CommentAuthorDianeonWhidbey
    • CommentTimeNov 25th, 2008 6:07pm (Nov 25th 2008)

Posted By: hqtrevDiane, thanks for the comment you put on utube.
    :D Did it say "Holly on Whidbey" ? Can't remember. I think thats my moniker on The Tube...
    • CommentTimeNov 25th, 2008 11:11pm (Nov 25th 2008)

I slipped down the stairs today - my hip and shoulder are aching!! I'm fine though, nothing broken. Stairs survived too!
    • CommentTimeNov 26th, 2008 5:01am (Nov 26th 2008)

Kate, I hope your hip and shoulder get to feeling better. We need to enroll you in classes for self preservation. :bear:
      CommentAuthorAce
    • CommentTimeNov 26th, 2008 8:11am (Nov 26th 2008) edited

Rant: I am REALLY annoyed that a pub in Glossop called "The Junction Inn" decided to cancel Cold Flame Acoustic's gig this Sunday. Appearently they are going to show the football match instead!:rant_red2:
      CommentAuthorDianeonWhidbey
    • CommentTimeNov 26th, 2008 4:18pm (Nov 26th 2008)

Awwww - poor Kate! I'm glad you are okay. Well, mostly okay and getting better? :heart:

And then there's Ace's prob. Poor Acie too.

My rant: the "Lose 53 lbs in 12 weeks" ad again. Although I suppose referencing it, again, will keep it appearing, again...
    • CommentTimeNov 26th, 2008 6:14pm (Nov 26th 2008)

Kate; take more water with it, cherub...:kiss:
    • CommentTimeNov 26th, 2008 7:56pm (Nov 26th 2008)

I'm OK today thanks. Thought about laying it on thick at work and getting sent home, but bosses best friend's hubby died yesterday (he had cancer) and she was very sad, so I was a good girl and just got on with it. Doesn't hurt at all now! Yippee!
    • CommentTimeNov 26th, 2008 9:14pm (Nov 26th 2008)

That's because you don't take ANY water with it...
    • CommentTimeNov 27th, 2008 10:35am (Nov 27th 2008)

Rant: the essay deadline is creeping up again... :-\
    • CommentTimeNov 27th, 2008 11:07pm (Nov 27th 2008)

Some days I wish I did drink!!
    • CommentTimeNov 28th, 2008 8:30am (Nov 28th 2008)

agh, sat here waiting to renew my library book online before i can set off for my lecture - it says renewals start at 8:30am, but when i try it says it's "too early"...bah!
    • CommentTimeNov 28th, 2008 8:33am (Nov 28th 2008)

Owww, just stood up and bashed my ankle against my desk! :sneaky2::crying:
    • CommentTimeNov 28th, 2008 6:09pm (Nov 28th 2008)

Never mind, you're coming home soon...Mummy kiss it better!:kiss:
    • CommentTimeNov 29th, 2008 5:15pm (Nov 29th 2008)

I am being so spoilt at home right now :cool:
    • CommentTimeNov 29th, 2008 8:26pm (Nov 29th 2008)

Ah, that's nice. Wait til you've been back 24hrs, things will be back to normal then!!
    • CommentTimeNov 29th, 2008 8:29pm (Nov 29th 2008)

It's good to have you at home, Red. How long will you be at home?
    • CommentTimeNov 29th, 2008 8:38pm (Nov 29th 2008)

It's nice being at home. I go back tomorrow night, one more day to spoil Milly rotten! I'm going to see Joe's football team tomorrow, I would love to see a win - i haven't seen one yet :)
    • CommentTimeDec 1st, 2008 11:32am (Dec 1st 2008)

Rant: this essay will be the death of me...
    • CommentTimeDec 1st, 2008 5:52pm (Dec 1st 2008)

Haven't you finished it yet?
    • CommentTimeDec 1st, 2008 9:04pm (Dec 1st 2008) edited

I was printing it off and suddenly realised that the computer had eaten all the work i had done since Friday, so the last third of my essay was gone...it was a horrible moment, i think my heart may have actually skipped a few beats. I'd already submitted it over the internet too, and couldn't get it back :-\
    • CommentTimeDec 2nd, 2008 11:55am (Dec 2nd 2008)

You do need to look into copying off your work into other areas, Wordpad or Notepad as a temporary while working on documents but look into more permanent ideas. Maybe sending them to another computer - (Home)! Where they can be retrieved.
    I know there are programmes that will copy your work every so often so that you don't lose stuff.
    You should have a "Sent" file where your essay will still be as your poot sends a copy and keeps one for you.
    • CommentTimeDec 2nd, 2008 11:58am (Dec 2nd 2008)

The really weird thing was, though, that the file had saved and everything was there that should be...then opened it on another computer and half of it had gone! Went back to check on mine and that, too, had been eaten :confused:

I think my laptop just majorly goofed up :-\
    • CommentAuthorhqtrev
    • CommentTimeDec 2nd, 2008 12:05pm (Dec 2nd 2008)

Rant.... my arm is starting to smell funny under the plaster.
    • CommentTimeDec 2nd, 2008 12:22pm (Dec 2nd 2008)

:ack2:
    • CommentTimeDec 2nd, 2008 5:48pm (Dec 2nd 2008)

Squirt some perfume in it, Trev. For everyone else's sake...we can smell it from here...:D
    • CommentTimeDec 2nd, 2008 10:41pm (Dec 2nd 2008)

Try puffing talc inside...
    • CommentTimeDec 3rd, 2008 11:31am (Dec 3rd 2008)

A lot of people aren't going to Smurf Night tonight because they will "look stupid"...that's never stopped them before! :angry: C'mon E Block, Keele uni needs you...!
    • CommentTimeDec 4th, 2008 12:00am (Dec 4th 2008)

My son had an accident in his van today. (He works for Autoglass). He was following a customer in a car park to get somewhere where there was space to work. (He mainly does the repairs). A BMW pulled out straight into him and has damaged all along the side of his van, and bent the wheel. The bloke (asian) jumped out and was really aggressive towards Danny and accused him of speeding. He said he saw the first car but not Dan's van (must be the invisibility paint) and said he must've sped up. The customer won't witness because he says if he does the other bloke will make sure his car is written off by tomorrow. Danny said he can't blame him. He has to live there and has spent a lot of money on his car. I just hope the company insurance believe him and look at the damage etc and realise who's telling the truth. At least he wasn't hurt but the poor kid doesn't have any luck. My hubby always says if it wasn't for bad luck he'd have no luck at all! (should put that in the quotes thread!)
    • CommentTimeDec 4th, 2008 1:10am (Dec 4th 2008)

Oh No, Kate. I'm glad that Danny is alright at least. I hope the insurance will work out alright for him too.
    • CommentTimeDec 4th, 2008 3:07pm (Dec 4th 2008)

Aw, i'm glad Danny is okay Kate...
    • CommentTimeDec 4th, 2008 3:09pm (Dec 4th 2008) edited

I got hit by a van the other day - i was walking on the path and the van was coming down the road in the same direction as i was walking. As it neared the corner to turn left some idiot in a car drove down the middle of the road, forcing the van driver to go up onto the pavement. As he went round the corner the side of the van knocked me flying.

The guy stopped the van and got out to check how i was, bless him, and even offered me a lift to campus...shook me up good and proper! :o
    • CommentTimeDec 4th, 2008 5:17pm (Dec 4th 2008) edited

O no, you're an accident-prone lot! :shocked:
    Glad you're all right, Red - and I hope that BMW driver gets what's coming to him, Kate. At least Danny's all right.
    • CommentTimeDec 4th, 2008 10:03pm (Dec 4th 2008)

Thanks to the BMW driver, I get to take Caitlyn to nursery tomorrow. Which in itself, is an OK thing. However, Danny is dropping her here at 7am! I'm usually still in the shower then! How will i cope?

Are you OK now Red? That could've been really nasty. I bet the van driver was mortified.
    • CommentTimeDec 4th, 2008 11:26pm (Dec 4th 2008)

Yeah, i'm fine...had a beauty of a bruise on my elbow, but i think all in all my parents were even more shook up than me :)
      CommentAuthorAce
    • CommentTimeDec 6th, 2008 7:16am (Dec 6th 2008)

Rant:
    I feel REALLY ill! I think i am getting the flu. :cry:
    • CommentAuthorhqtrev
    • CommentTimeDec 6th, 2008 7:46am (Dec 6th 2008)

Aww, I hope you get over it quickly Ace.
      CommentAuthorAce
    • CommentTimeDec 6th, 2008 7:51am (Dec 6th 2008)

Thanks Trev. ;)
    • CommentTimeDec 6th, 2008 7:53am (Dec 6th 2008)

I hope you get to feeling better soon, Ace.:sick:
      CommentAuthorAce
    • CommentTimeDec 6th, 2008 7:57am (Dec 6th 2008)

Thank you Lynn.:heart:
      CommentAuthorJonny
    • CommentTimeDec 6th, 2008 4:20pm (Dec 6th 2008)

Take care of yourself Acey.. Sucks being sick on a weekend..
      CommentAuthorAce
    • CommentTimeDec 6th, 2008 4:25pm (Dec 6th 2008)

Sure does Jonny. Thank you very much.
    • CommentTimeDec 6th, 2008 5:49pm (Dec 6th 2008)

Hot lemon, honey and whisky. Not too much lemon and honey though...:drinkparty:
    • CommentTimeDec 7th, 2008 4:42am (Dec 7th 2008)

Rant: we ordered pizzas from Dominoes, but it took three hours for them to arrive, HOWEVER, we did get them free because of the wait. We were all cheering and going crazy, but it wasn't until the boxes had been opened we realised we were missing two pizzas. When we tried phoning Dominoes to complain, they had shut for the night. Grrr, just wait until tomorrow!
    • CommentTimeDec 7th, 2008 2:30pm (Dec 7th 2008) edited

Give 'em hell, girl!:_oh_really::cursing:
    • CommentTimeDec 9th, 2008 10:49am (Dec 9th 2008)

We did :cool:

Rant ~ idiots at Keele have gritted all the paths (the grit was several inches thick). It rained last night and now the grit has been transformed into this horrible slippery slush-type-stuff. All the students from Hawthorns were skidding everywhere on the trek to campus today - not cool!
    • CommentTimeDec 10th, 2008 12:19pm (Dec 10th 2008) edited

Went to see quacks at their surgery to find my Practice Nurse is off all week. Saw a spare quack who shook my hand (he was foriegn) I was horrified at the worry of cross contamination as I didn't know if he'd done an adequate hand clean!!!
    = Ollie getting paranoid about infections.

Then found my Xray results from almost two weeks ago hadn't arrived. I was so cross. Hosp had said seven days...

A wasted journey, for which I had taken a long detour to avoid possible ungritted very steep hills.

Went back via road works where the crossroads had been made into a roundabout some years ago, after long debates about the strength of the railway tunnel beneath.
    Now they are making it back to a crossrouds but retaining the roundabout too. Woopee. Should be fun!

And now they've found the buried petrol station they'd all forgotten about. Panic ! ! !

Umph....

There are two pubs and a chip shop underneath also... wonder when they'll turn up???
    • CommentAuthorhqtrev
    • CommentTimeDec 10th, 2008 2:11pm (Dec 10th 2008)

Look at the bright side... never a dull moment.
      CommentAuthorAce
    • CommentTimeDec 10th, 2008 3:53pm (Dec 10th 2008)

lol @ Trev. :rolling:
    • CommentTimeDec 10th, 2008 4:45pm (Dec 10th 2008)

Then my pooter has only given me four emus out of my usual 150.

Think I'll go and read a book...:read:
    • CommentTimeDec 10th, 2008 5:43pm (Dec 10th 2008)

Poor Ollie!

Rant, stupidly slow internet that frequently dies...i am paying a lot for this internet, they should get it right! My internet has been dodgy from day 1, this is ridiculous!! :mad:
    • CommentTimeDec 10th, 2008 8:36pm (Dec 10th 2008)

Maybe I have been lucky up to now. Have had few problems on tiscali but did on AOL..

I went upstairs onto the other poot and got my mails from there so caught up. Phew!
    • CommentTimeDec 10th, 2008 8:39pm (Dec 10th 2008)

Who's your provider Red?
    • CommentTimeDec 11th, 2008 2:31pm (Dec 11th 2008)

I'm not sure, it's called Hallsnet and is set up by the uni :confused:

Apparently everyone's was slow yesterday, and several people phoned to complain. It's back up to speed now :001_smile:
    • CommentTimeDec 12th, 2008 12:15am (Dec 12th 2008)

I see. Glad its speeded up again.

I'm getting as bad as you for being on here late - had to queue to get the pooter tonight!
      CommentAuthorChicken Wing
    • CommentTimeDec 12th, 2008 12:47am (Dec 12th 2008)

Sorry I missed your birthday Kate anyway hope you had a really good one.
    Happy Birthday for the 9th Dec
    Best wishes Chicken Wing & Chicken Drumstick

:bdayparty:
    • CommentTimeDec 12th, 2008 11:49pm (Dec 12th 2008)

Thanks CW & CD!!

xx
    • CommentTimeDec 14th, 2008 2:43am (Dec 14th 2008)

Today's rant: Holly Cross (another 'group' of student accommodation, like i live in E Block, Hawthorns) are allowed to decorate all their hallways and kitchens (yes, they have one between EIGHT - we have one between THIRTY-SEVEN!!) with tinsel, paper snowflakes etc...

We put decorations up in our hallways, they were removed - they stole the paper chain my nana sent me :mad:

But BOO to them, because we have covered our hallways in tinsel, paper decorations and a homemade paper chain just for the weekend, and we will take them down tomorrow night...they will never know! We are having our Xmas meal tomorrow, all gonna sit on the hallway and eat off the floor...did i mention Holly Cross also have a huge dining table & dining room between eight?! :-\
    • CommentTimeDec 14th, 2008 3:09pm (Dec 14th 2008)

Are they the rich kids?!
    • CommentTimeDec 14th, 2008 4:00pm (Dec 14th 2008)

Yep, boarding schools all the way :P
    • CommentTimeDec 14th, 2008 8:09pm (Dec 14th 2008)

Best place for 'em...:\
      CommentAuthorJonny
    • CommentTimeDec 14th, 2008 8:30pm (Dec 14th 2008) edited

Grrr. darn richies...not a thought between them.. :) And this coming from a guy with an IQ of over 130 (:sun:)..hee hee
    • CommentTimeDec 15th, 2008 3:24am (Dec 15th 2008)

rant: damn the whole 'bird flu is gonna wipe out the world thing' :( It's so annoying, and freaks me out every time i hear / read about it, even though i know it shouldn't...I think it's because they hype it up so much :-\
    • CommentTimeDec 15th, 2008 11:19pm (Dec 15th 2008)

Ooo, the press love something they can exaggerate. Every year my boss has to do 'mask' training to make sure the 'essential' staff can put a mask on properly in case they have to nurse people with pandemic flu. If ever it does come it'll be REALLY awful (we did projections of how many would die in our area last year!) Lets hope nature keeps it at bay.
    • CommentTimeDec 17th, 2008 3:57am (Dec 17th 2008)

rant ~ i need to go to bed, have to be up in 6 hours for an EXAM...but don't wanna go to bed because when i get up i know firstly i have a horrible exam, then a really busy day after that...*sigh* wish i could stop time for a bit!
    • CommentTimeDec 17th, 2008 2:35pm (Dec 17th 2008)

Aaaagh i need to pack *grumble grumble*
    • CommentTimeDec 17th, 2008 6:14pm (Dec 17th 2008)

Blimey, all she does is whinge...you'd never think she was enjoying herself! :D
      CommentAuthorChicken Wing
    • CommentTimeDec 17th, 2008 6:40pm (Dec 17th 2008) edited

:001_huh:
    • CommentAuthorhqtrev
    • CommentTimeDec 18th, 2008 2:31pm (Dec 18th 2008)

Hmmm, like babies... early or twins.
    • CommentTimeDec 18th, 2008 3:37pm (Dec 18th 2008)

Posted By: Chicken WingWhy is it buses always seem to pull away from the bus stop just as you're approaching it. Missed one yesterday and had to wait for around an hour for the next one. If its not that they always seem to come in two's!

Ohhh, i hate that! Almost as bad as when you're a few minutes late but the bus is still there...then you draw even with it, about to get on, and the evil bus driver shuts the doors and drives away! :D
      CommentAuthorJonny
    • CommentTimeDec 21st, 2008 2:02am (Dec 21st 2008) edited

:001_huh:

Wow..so its not just us..its universal! Although ours aren't running at all at the moment!
    • CommentTimeDec 21st, 2008 5:03pm (Dec 21st 2008)

Or when you run to catch the bus, jump on all out of breath, and then it sits there for 15 minutes while 3 others go straight past. Had that happen soooo many times when I've been in a rush!
    • CommentTimeDec 21st, 2008 6:32pm (Dec 21st 2008)

...and everyone looks at you as though you're mad...
    • CommentTimeDec 21st, 2008 11:21pm (Dec 21st 2008)

Happened to me when i was going home from uni, i ran what felt like ten miles to the bus with a suitcase, collapsed onto a seat, and then the bus driver sat there for another ten minutes before setting off...
    • CommentTimeDec 22nd, 2008 12:00am (Dec 22nd 2008)

I'm glad it wasn't just me. Did the driver do that 'revving the engine like I'm about to go ...' thing just as you started to slow down so that you ran faster again? They're just sadists.
    • CommentTimeDec 22nd, 2008 12:29pm (Dec 22nd 2008)

No, but he did close the doors as i neared so i had to drop my suitcase and thump on them :D
    • CommentTimeDec 31st, 2008 12:32pm (Dec 31st 2008) edited

Hahah, this happened to me & mum yesterday - i haven't seen her so angry in a long time! We were laden down with shopping bags after a hard day's shopping in Leeds (i hate shopping...) and ran for the train. Just as we neared one set of doors, the train-guard closed them, waited until we neared the second and closed them, then opened the first set he had closed to let two other people get on, and closed them as we went back to them!!! :D

Thankfully we only had to wait half an hour for the next train, but mum was fuming :)
    • CommentTimeDec 31st, 2008 3:37pm (Dec 31st 2008)

Red, I am sure this warranted a visit to the Station Master's Office. It would heve been warm in there too.
    • CommentTimeDec 31st, 2008 4:11pm (Dec 31st 2008)

Good point ;) I think mum is going to write a letter of complaint :-\