Site Tag Cloud

CommentAuthordigitaldan
    • CommentTimeOct 2nd, 2007 5:05pm (Oct 2nd 2007) edited

Hello hencammers,

In order to post a comment or create a new discussion you have to create an account at the forum.

To do this follow the following instructions....

- click "sign in" at the top right corner
    - at the login prompt click "Apply for membership" in the bottom right hand of the box

Neil will then approve the account and you can post!

- You will receive an email when your account is approved
    • CommentTimeSep 12th, 2008 11:52am (Sep 12th 2008)

It's definitely a good idea to add your email address that way you will know when your account goes live. And we won't use it in any other way so don't worry we won't spam you (I'm not that organised haha!)
      CommentAuthorTori
    • CommentTimeSep 14th, 2008 12:37pm (Sep 14th 2008)

Howd ya do that ??? erm i mean what does lliivveee mean or something er sorry
    • CommentTimeSep 15th, 2008 1:25pm (Sep 15th 2008) edited

Posted By: neilIt's definitely a good idea to add your email address that way you will know when your account goes live

When one of the admins approves your account and you are able to log on and post on the forum :001_smile:
      CommentAuthorDianeonWhidbey
    • CommentTimeSep 15th, 2008 9:49pm (Sep 15th 2008)

And your account is already approved Vicki!
      CommentAuthorTori
    • CommentTimeSep 16th, 2008 8:31pm (Sep 16th 2008)

ooooohh i didnt know that thanks diane !!!!

:thumbup::thumbup1:
      CommentAuthorhello people=p
    • CommentTimeSep 22nd, 2008 8:09pm (Sep 22nd 2008)

lol viki u are always confuzzlifieddd lol
    ty 4 letting me in !!!
      CommentAuthorDianeonWhidbey
    • CommentTimeSep 23rd, 2008 2:30am (Sep 23rd 2008)

Hey there Lucy, have you read the forum guidelines? No text speak for one thing. ;) The Guidelines are in a sticky. Can't remember what discussion heading...
      CommentAuthorwazza
    • CommentTimeSep 23rd, 2008 9:08am (Sep 23rd 2008)

no longer a member

<blockquote><cite>Posted By: hello people=p</cite><div class="Bubble" noWrap="false"><div noWrap="false"><div noWrap="false"><div noWrap="false"><div noWrap="false"><div noWrap="false">lol viki u are always confuzzlifieddd lol
    ty 4 letting me in !!!</div></div></div></div></div></div></blockquote>

O M G
      CommentAuthorAce
    • CommentTimeSep 23rd, 2008 10:40am (Sep 23rd 2008)

hehe. Wat were dat all bout!!!
    I'm so glad i don't talk like that.
    • CommentTimeSep 23rd, 2008 3:37pm (Sep 23rd 2008)

So are we, cherub! ;)
      CommentAuthorhello people=p
    • CommentTimeSep 23rd, 2008 8:12pm (Sep 23rd 2008)

oopsy sorry i didnt realise!!!!! wazza why are you always being mean? you were meanish on the other thread but i thought it was a joke:crying::blushing:
    • CommentTimeSep 23rd, 2008 8:30pm (Sep 23rd 2008)

He's a copper; it's his job...:rolling:
      CommentAuthorJonny
    • CommentTimeSep 24th, 2008 12:23am (Sep 24th 2008) edited

He's not mean.... he is a proper English bobby ( or is that 'Bobby' - is it a proper noun in England? ).

So no guff (sp??), right?! :) So 'speak' correctly....we've all (except Vicki :) ) been through our particular 1337 speak..

or in true L337 speak:

|-|3'5 |\|07 /\/\34|\|.... |-|3 15 4 pR0P3R 3|\|9L15|-| b0BB'/ ( 0R 15 7|-|@ 'B0BB'/' - 15 17 4 pR0P3R |\|0U|\| 1|\| 3|\|9L4|\|D? ). $0 |\|0 9UPhPh (5P??), r19|-|7?! :) $0 '5P34|<' (0RR3(7L'/....\/\/3'\/3 4LL (3><(3P7 \/1(|<1 :) ) b33|\| 7|-|R0U9|-| 0UR p4R71(UL4R 1337 5P34|<..

Other than that....

Oooh don't I sound like a tyrant!! :)
    • CommentTimeSep 24th, 2008 2:41am (Sep 24th 2008)

Yes we say 'bobby' too., Jonny. But then I have to agree with you now because I'm frit of you - you're so masterful! :D
      CommentAuthorwazza
    • CommentTimeSep 24th, 2008 5:21pm (Sep 24th 2008)

no longer a member

Wazza is not always a meany... he does have a loveable side too
    • CommentTimeSep 24th, 2008 5:31pm (Sep 24th 2008)

...especially if he's fed chocolate cake...
      CommentAuthorAce
    • CommentTimeSep 24th, 2008 5:47pm (Sep 24th 2008)

and biscuits...
    • CommentTimeSep 24th, 2008 11:41pm (Sep 24th 2008)

and ginger fur ... maybe not!
      CommentAuthorAce
    • CommentTimeSep 25th, 2008 8:12am (Sep 25th 2008)

lol Kate. :rolling:
      CommentAuthorhello people=p
    • CommentTimeSep 25th, 2008 6:52pm (Sep 25th 2008)

hmmmmm waddya mean except viki? my friend is not stupid ya knowwwwwwwww and what do you want me to do? type like the queen?!
      CommentAuthorhello people=p
    • CommentTimeSep 25th, 2008 6:52pm (Sep 25th 2008)

'one must have servants to help one type one's message!'
      CommentAuthorhello people=p
    • CommentTimeSep 25th, 2008 6:52pm (Sep 25th 2008)

is that better?
      CommentAuthorAce
    • CommentTimeSep 25th, 2008 6:53pm (Sep 25th 2008)

much better!
      CommentAuthorhello people=p
    • CommentTimeSep 25th, 2008 6:56pm (Sep 25th 2008)

haha, one is amused!
    • CommentTimeSep 25th, 2008 7:31pm (Sep 25th 2008)

That's better than the lolspeak but reminds me of Jane Austen-ness... *shudders*
      CommentAuthorhello people=p
    • CommentTimeSep 25th, 2008 7:35pm (Sep 25th 2008)

eeeeewww yukk fine i shall speak germn. guten tag! ermmmmm.... i vill now eat zuh snikuhs bahrs!!!!
    • CommentTimeSep 25th, 2008 9:39pm (Sep 25th 2008)

LOL Lucy!!
      CommentAuthorJonny
    • CommentTimeSep 26th, 2008 10:37am (Sep 26th 2008)

Posted By: hello people=phmmmmm waddya mean except viki?

What I meant Lucy is that Vicki is going THROUGH her particular linguistic investigations (as are you)...most of us have already done that (actually I'm STILL going through mine..I just don't write it down for the sake of others...heehee i wouldn't want to confusticate them). No slight to Vicki intended whatsoever. I would be afraid to...she's to good at Fishticuffs! :)
      CommentAuthorhello people=p
    • CommentTimeSep 26th, 2008 10:42am (Sep 26th 2008)

yh i know about the fishticuffs

by the way, the word is 'confuzzlify' not confusticate!!!

hey, im happy with how i speak, and i think viki is too. we use the speak of lolcats/randompeople/foreigners/ourselves!!!!
      CommentAuthorJonny
    • CommentTimeSep 26th, 2008 10:50am (Sep 26th 2008)

Posted By: hello people=pby the way, the word is 'confuzzlify' not confusticate!!!

And I use Jonnyspeak! I like confuzzlify...I shall adopt it into my vernacular.
      CommentAuthorhello people=p
    • CommentTimeSep 26th, 2008 10:51am (Sep 26th 2008)

its vikispeak lol
    • CommentTimeSep 26th, 2008 5:22pm (Sep 26th 2008)

Jonny - and Diane - there's an excellent new book out called Reading The Dictionary. I think you'll both enjoy it! If you look on the Daily Mail (newspaper) website, you might find an extract from yesterday's edition.
      CommentAuthorDianeonWhidbey
    • CommentTimeSep 26th, 2008 7:14pm (Sep 26th 2008)

Cool. I'll check it out! Thanks dear. :heart:
      CommentAuthorhello people=p
    • CommentTimeSep 27th, 2008 1:27pm (Sep 27th 2008) edited

hmmmmm dictionary=todowith school bleurghhhh

i prefer the lolcats book!!! im gunna buy it 7th octubre yayyyyy!
    • CommentTimeSep 29th, 2008 3:31pm (Sep 29th 2008)

I don't know when that is (or what month octubre is ;) ) but please use the hencam amazon link, heh.
    • CommentTimeSep 29th, 2008 6:50pm (Sep 29th 2008)

Watch it Neil! She has got YOU using lolspeak now!!!!
    • CommentTimeSep 30th, 2008 12:17pm (Sep 30th 2008)

I'm over lolcats now, it was funny maybe a year ago... :p
      CommentAuthorTori
    • CommentTimeSep 30th, 2008 6:11pm (Sep 30th 2008)

Isnt octubre french hmm ooerrrr I dunnooooo
      CommentAuthorAce
    • CommentTimeSep 30th, 2008 6:17pm (Sep 30th 2008)

No thats Octobre!
      CommentAuthorTori
    • CommentTimeSep 30th, 2008 9:26pm (Sep 30th 2008)

i dunno our first year basic french teacher couldnt control uss
    • CommentTimeSep 30th, 2008 9:31pm (Sep 30th 2008)

Tch. EVERY teacher should be issued with a whip, a chair and a Tazer as standard...:\
    • CommentTimeOct 1st, 2008 2:31pm (Oct 1st 2008) edited

We had a man who would sit at the front and refuse to teach us until we were quiet...as i'm sure you can imagine, that worked really well! :-\

He ended up breaking down and running out of a lesson crying, poor guy...
    • CommentTimeOct 1st, 2008 4:29pm (Oct 1st 2008)

I wish you could've had the teachers I had...one look would've quelled a Zulu uprising, let alone a class full of brats!
      CommentAuthorDianeonWhidbey
    • CommentTimeOct 2nd, 2008 1:20am (Oct 2nd 2008)

Posted By: chief chickenquelled a Zulu uprising?
    How old ARE you? LOL
    • CommentTimeOct 2nd, 2008 4:53pm (Oct 2nd 2008)

A hundred and twenty-nine... :drinkparty:
      CommentAuthorDianeonWhidbey
    • CommentTimeOct 8th, 2008 11:21pm (Oct 8th 2008)

Well pickled. Yes yes. :D
    • CommentTimeOct 9th, 2008 5:17pm (Oct 9th 2008)

:P
      CommentAuthorJonny
    • CommentTimeOct 10th, 2008 12:58am (Oct 10th 2008)

Pickles are good! Vegetables!
    • CommentAuthorfrogdust
    • CommentTimeDec 31st, 2008 8:43am (Dec 31st 2008)

hello all ! I am a bit lost! I am new as you can see i was wondering how to pin my self on the hencam map. thanks frogdust@gmail.com
    • CommentAuthorfrogdust
    • CommentTimeDec 31st, 2008 9:08am (Dec 31st 2008)

Ya "All where talking about comunicating with each other. haha! i find it amusing that we all are speaking "english " but some times still do not understand what the other person is saying. I am making this observation not to cause trouble ,but to make an observation . i love languadge and i really enjoy watching or reading people interacting with each other. here in texas your chanses of hearing a convesation in mixed spanish and english is very good . we call it spanglish or texican. here in the south western america . we will call a chicken a chicken or a pollo(poie-yoh)or the nieghbors loud rooster a rooster or a gaillo(ga-ie-Yo). so allin all it is fun just to go to the storeand listen to people talking. Well i see i have nattered on long enough . see ya'all later ...............
    • CommentTimeDec 31st, 2008 9:12am (Dec 31st 2008)

Re adding location to GoogleMapDirectory -

Click on words at the side of map "Add a location" this re-opens the map.
    Use the minus arrow (top left on map) to zoom out and then plus arrow back onto your bit of the world.
    Once there you can change to "Satellite" or "Hybrid" if you want to really get down to the fine detail. Move the map by holding down the mouse key and sliding.
    Pop your pin on by double clicking.
    Fill in as little or as much of the details below the map as you want.

Have fun.
    • CommentAuthorfrogdust
    • CommentTimeDec 31st, 2008 9:32am (Dec 31st 2008)

This is a shout out to GLORIA FROM lAS cRUSES !!!! hEY GIRL i WAS BORN AND RAISED THERE ! wooT! gIVE ME A HOLLER AT frogdust@gmail
    • CommentAuthorfrogdust
    • CommentTimeDec 31st, 2008 9:33am (Dec 31st 2008)

I Lived off of Amador st in Las cruses ! Be hind the dairyQueen LOL!
    • CommentAuthorfrogdust
    • CommentTimeDec 31st, 2008 9:53am (Dec 31st 2008)

Ollie thank you ! thanks for you help ! i just moved to Pflugerville from San Antonio . Sorry about the confusion over just where i was located!
    i NOW live in a small farming town in central texascalled Pflugerville .
    It was setteld by german emmagrants in the 1870's . it is very quaint and every one is very friendlyand helpful. att he edges of the city limit every one has a yard full of chickens, dogs, goats and children. I love it here.
    i used to split my growing up years between texas and new mexico.
    I would love to hook up with gloria from las cruces. compare stories ! Who knows we might even know familys or some one else. Las Cruces cant have gotten all that big in the last 20 years ............
    I am so glad I stumbled across this wonderful site!

Chicken Cam ,I love YOU!
      CommentAuthorDianeonWhidbey
    • CommentTimeJan 6th, 2009 6:15pm (Jan 6th 2009)

Gloria hasn't been on in awhile, Frogdust. But I'm sure she'll be back. She usually only posts in "The Girls" thread when she comes on - so she probably won't see this note. But, watch for her in "The Girls" - she'll drop in at some point. She's not a native to that area. Can't remember how long she's been there. But she seems to love it!
      CommentAuthorVictoria
    • CommentTimeJan 9th, 2009 8:25pm (Jan 9th 2009)

How do I do that? The info on my account details says I can 'enter any valid URL to an image here, such as: http://www.mywebsite.com/myicon.jpg'
    If I put whatever image I wanted on flickr would I be able to use that?
      CommentAuthorAce
    • CommentTimeJan 9th, 2009 8:35pm (Jan 9th 2009)

Yeah that should work. I used Photobucket for my icon. :)
    • CommentTimeJan 9th, 2009 9:05pm (Jan 9th 2009)

Posted By: VictoriaNot technically a question about how to register, but how to add an icon like the one next to Diane's name, above:
    If I put whatever image I wanted on flickr would I be able to use that?

Yes, that should be fine...just make sure it's the right size otherwise it won't work properly :)
      CommentAuthorVictoria
    • CommentTimeJan 9th, 2009 10:14pm (Jan 9th 2009)

Thanks. I've now noticed that if I'd read the second page of 'How to post photos on Hencam forum' I wouldn't have needed to ask this question. But I suppose anyone new will now find more than one thread telling them how to get an icon.
      CommentAuthorwazza
    • CommentTimeJan 9th, 2009 10:18pm (Jan 9th 2009)

no longer a member

so tell me Victoria what is your Avatar (Icon) what is it suppose to be ?
      CommentAuthorVictoria
    • CommentTimeJan 9th, 2009 10:25pm (Jan 9th 2009)

I couldn't find any full photos that looked OK when they're 32 by 32 pixels.
    So this is a close-up of the lovely black and white double lacing on the feathers of my neighbours' polish bantam, Tallulah (or Lula). Even this looks a bit blurry so small though.
      CommentAuthorwazza
    • CommentTimeJan 9th, 2009 10:27pm (Jan 9th 2009) edited

no longer a member

oooh feathers can be so beautiful when the light catches them.

You could try and find a little animation pic like Mr Mouse Its always difficult to get a photo to look good when its so small
      CommentAuthorwazza
    • CommentTimeJan 9th, 2009 10:31pm (Jan 9th 2009)

no longer a member

BTW I had to get neil to reduce my mouse so it was so small, as when i did it it only showed part of the mouse bouncing not all of it
      CommentAuthorAce
    • CommentTimeJan 9th, 2009 10:33pm (Jan 9th 2009)

My icon worked as the whole photo, it is a bit small though. It is of Maisy. :)
      CommentAuthorVictoria
    • CommentTimeJan 9th, 2009 10:33pm (Jan 9th 2009)

Do you know if it's possible to use one of the vanillacons? I know someone's got the dancing turkey and Jonny's looks like that sort of thing, but presumably from another icons site?
      CommentAuthorAce
    • CommentTimeJan 9th, 2009 10:34pm (Jan 9th 2009)

Yep you can use a vanillacon. :)
      CommentAuthorVictoria
    • CommentTimeJan 9th, 2009 10:36pm (Jan 9th 2009)

I'm trying out Lula's head as an icon, but the fence is in the way of her beak so it looks a bit weird.
      CommentAuthorAce
    • CommentTimeJan 9th, 2009 10:38pm (Jan 9th 2009)

It works though. :)
      CommentAuthorVictoria
    • CommentTimeJan 9th, 2009 10:40pm (Jan 9th 2009)

Oh. Just changed it back to Lula feathers while I think about what to do. I might go pointing a camera at chickens tomorrow to see if I can get a suitable picture for the icon size.
      CommentAuthorAce
    • CommentTimeJan 9th, 2009 10:47pm (Jan 9th 2009)

Yeh i think that's a good idea. ;)
    • CommentTimeJan 10th, 2009 10:47am (Jan 10th 2009) edited

Close-up of faces are always good for this, as if you try and fit the whole body in, it becomes a bit on the small side :D

Having said that i love my avatar, it brings back good memories small or not :001_smile:
    • CommentTimeJan 10th, 2009 6:04pm (Jan 10th 2009)

When I look at your avatar Victoria I see 2 white hens?! Am I going mad?!
    • CommentTimeJan 10th, 2009 6:07pm (Jan 10th 2009)

If you are, I am too - I see 2 chickens as well!
    • CommentTimeJan 10th, 2009 6:08pm (Jan 10th 2009)

That seals it then. I've gone mad coz you always have been!! LOL!!
      CommentAuthorDianeonWhidbey
    • CommentTimeJan 10th, 2009 6:09pm (Jan 10th 2009)

Me three.
      CommentAuthorVictoria
    • CommentTimeJan 10th, 2009 6:10pm (Jan 10th 2009)

I changed the avatar earlier, after I took some photos of my neighbours' cockerels, having been told that one of them had to go, so yes, 2 chickens now!
    • CommentTimeJan 10th, 2009 6:13pm (Jan 10th 2009)

That's a relief....:)
    • CommentTimeJan 12th, 2009 10:19am (Jan 12th 2009)

They look like nice boys - are they Light Sussex? Like a Milly rooster? :P
      CommentAuthorVictoria
    • CommentTimeJan 12th, 2009 7:39pm (Jan 12th 2009)

No, they're a cross between a big white rooster and a bantam hen that's either white, black, silver laced or silver double laced (Norman likes all hens). Their colouring looks a bit like crele if you see it up close - it's sort-of barred in grey and orange on white.