Site Tag Cloud

21st advice album amazing animal animals area arrived aubree awareness baby bad bald bam bath battery beautiful belated ben big bill bird birthday black bonfire bound box breed breeds british broken broody bull bun buy buying cage caged cam camera captions car care cat cc chicken chickens chook chooks christmas chucks clicker colour competition coop coops cornsnake council couple cruelty cutting dad day dead death decide derby diane diet dog dogs donna dresses drinking early easter eat eating egg eggbound eggs elvis emergency falcon falcons farm feather feathers feed feeding finally find fireworks first foggy for forum foundation free frog fun funny future garden girl girls goldie good goodbye goodness gotcha great growing hagley hall hamster happy heavy helen hen hencam hens hike home horse house housing huge ideas improvements indoor info inscription introduce introducing introduction james julie july jumper jumpers kasper kaspers kate late lathargic laying lead lee leeds leg lemon life likes london long lost lots love lovely lyle lynn machine mareks meet members merry mice milly missing mite morning mouse moving mums mystery nail nanny new news nice night nook norths ollie online page pancake parrot party pecking peregrine personal pet pets photos pic pics pictures plants plus poland poorly positive post poultry pretty production prom pumpkin purple quail questions rabbit rain rare rat recall red reds reinforcement remember renee rescue respect review rip ronston sad sale scarlet service shelled shirley shobhna show sids slightly snake sneezing snow soft spammers special spring staffordshire start stop terrier thomas thread ticket tilly time today tom training tree trevs uk update urgent valentines vegan vet visitors visits volka walk wanted warning webcam weekend welfare where white wild wilsden winnie winter women woods work world wrong ya yay year yorkshire zoey zoeys 1 2 4 2010 2011 2012 2013 2014 2016

• CommentTimeJul 14th, 2008 5:19pm (Jul 14th 2008) edited

Neil, couldn't you fix it so that every time someone clocks on to Hencam they hear Midget's splendid crow? We got that 'ping' every time someone signed the chicken petition, didn't we? Mind you, I suppose it might be awkward for people like Pam and Kate who watch illicitly at work! :)
    • CommentTimeJul 14th, 2008 6:08pm (Jul 14th 2008)

Hmm, don't know how I'd explain it!!! Its OK, I have the speakers turned off.
    • CommentTimeJul 14th, 2008 8:56pm (Jul 14th 2008)

I can hear the other noisy local bird.. ie., Elvis.
    What time does he go to bed? Hope he doesn't wake the local humans by cock-crowing at dawn!!
      CommentAuthornancy
    • CommentTimeJul 15th, 2008 4:09pm (Jul 15th 2008)

Oh is it possible to get a recording of the other roosters from hencam?
    • CommentAuthorJoe
    • CommentTimeJul 28th, 2008 1:32pm (Jul 28th 2008)

Midgets crow was very funny but it would get annoying to listen to it over and over again. He wasnt very good at it was he?
    • CommentTimeJul 28th, 2008 5:06pm (Jul 28th 2008)

I bet he can crow properly now, Joe!
    • CommentAuthorJoe
    • CommentTimeJul 29th, 2008 1:37pm (Jul 29th 2008)

yes when are you going to see him
    • CommentTimeJul 29th, 2008 5:06pm (Jul 29th 2008)

I don't know, you know what my dad's like. He said we were supposed to be going to see Lottie the weekend before last, but he didn't think to tell us until Monday night. Nitwit :-\
    • CommentTimeAug 16th, 2008 8:13pm (Aug 16th 2008)

How is Miget now??

Would love to hear his full crow, though his effort on here will live forever in our memory and be a calling signal to all Hencammers.
    • CommentTimeAug 16th, 2008 8:35pm (Aug 16th 2008)

It makes me laugh every time I hear it...Gravy's crow is but a poor imitation! :D
    • CommentTimeAug 17th, 2008 3:38pm (Aug 17th 2008)

We saw a little black frizzle at the garden centre. Hubby said "what's THAT!" but wasn't any more enthusiastic than that. Can't have hens til we've got a conservatory and a garden that isn't weeds. Blimey - never get any at this rate!
    • CommentTimeAug 17th, 2008 5:44pm (Aug 17th 2008)

Get a man in! You NEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEED a frizzle. Could I interest you in a grey frizzle rooster ???
      CommentAuthorDianeonWhidbey
    • CommentTimeAug 17th, 2008 7:13pm (Aug 17th 2008)

That would be so cool. Gravy going to Kate's. :D :D :D Yes, yes.
    • CommentTimeAug 17th, 2008 7:15pm (Aug 17th 2008)

Keep him in the family!
    • CommentTimeAug 17th, 2008 10:16pm (Aug 17th 2008)

Hubby says no. Or rather NO.
      CommentAuthorDianeonWhidbey
    • CommentTimeAug 17th, 2008 10:26pm (Aug 17th 2008) edited

But he won't even be able to tell that Gravy is a chicken. Just say that a friend has given you a curly haired little kitten that walks on its back legs due to a genetic defect.

Gravy will have to wear a pair of fake cat ears, but he probably won't mind.

• CommentTimeAug 18th, 2008 6:47am (Aug 18th 2008)

:rolling:
    • CommentTimeAug 18th, 2008 7:04am (Aug 18th 2008)

Posted By: DianeonWhidbeyThen you just cover your mouth and then pat your stomach every time Gravy crows, and murmur: *Pardon. Indigestion.*

:rollonfloorlaughing:
    • CommentTimeAug 18th, 2008 11:12pm (Aug 18th 2008)

You crack me up!!!

I've fell out with my eldest cat - she pee'd in the hall last night and I trod in it on the way to lock the front door, then she threw up this morning in the living room so I had to clean that up.

She's forgiven though - I know its not on purpose.
    • CommentTimeAug 18th, 2008 11:16pm (Aug 18th 2008) edited

We've hardly seen Bits today...he's been lying by the back door with his head resting on the bristly doormat. I thought that looked uncomfortable, so yesterday I folded up an old tatty sheepskin rug and put it down. He's got off it three times - two meals and a toilet break!
    • CommentTimeAug 19th, 2008 12:10am (Aug 19th 2008)

Poor old boy!!! (How old is he?)
    • CommentTimeAug 19th, 2008 4:24am (Aug 19th 2008)

Quite happy, just creaky! We don't know how old he is; he adopted us about fourteen years ago, at a rough guess.
      CommentAuthorDianeonWhidbey
    • CommentTimeAug 19th, 2008 8:13am (Aug 19th 2008)

Kate is your kitty doing ok? That's unusual behavior for her, isn't it? I mean the peeing...
      CommentAuthorDianeonWhidbey
    • CommentTimeAug 19th, 2008 8:15am (Aug 19th 2008) edited

LOL - I'd forgotten I'd written all that about Gravy so it was pretty funny to come in here and see your responses.

How'd you like my English accent Lynn? ;)
    • CommentTimeAug 19th, 2008 3:19pm (Aug 19th 2008)

Comin' on, old gel, comin' on...
      CommentAuthorDianeonWhidbey
    • CommentTimeAug 19th, 2008 5:29pm (Aug 19th 2008)

:biggrin:
    • CommentTimeAug 19th, 2008 10:45pm (Aug 19th 2008)

Yes she's fine. Emmett does that sort of thing sometimes. As she's fat she doesn't squat, so if I put a bit too much litter in the tray, or if she's scratched it to the door side of the pan she stands a tiny bit too high. She was in the litter box - but her fat backside was poking out of the door!

Foggy is a bit depressed - she hasn't been able to sit in the garden all day now that hubby is back at work!
      CommentAuthorDianeonWhidbey
    • CommentTimeAug 20th, 2008 4:33am (Aug 20th 2008)

Awwww. Poor Foggy. She's loves that spot so much, doesn't she? LOL - great image of Emmett. Thanks. :blink: Which of the kitties is your icon again?
    • CommentTimeAug 20th, 2008 11:53pm (Aug 20th 2008)

That's Emmett. She's Caitlyn's favourite!
      CommentAuthorDianeonWhidbey
    • CommentTimeAug 21st, 2008 3:57am (Aug 21st 2008)

She always reminds me of my beloved Winnie.
    • CommentTimeAug 21st, 2008 9:22pm (Aug 21st 2008)

She's so pretty - but starting to show her age, limping around.
      CommentAuthorDianeonWhidbey
    • CommentTimeAug 22nd, 2008 7:35am (Aug 22nd 2008)

Awww. Sweet kitty.
    • CommentTimeMar 1st, 2009 3:50pm (Mar 1st 2009)

Gravy update; I went to see him and his two (larger)wives today. He is very grey and curly-feathery now, with an impressive red comb and wattles and ginger wings. And, of course, very very very important. Apparently he likes to go to bed early and leave the ladies to their own devices...:)
    • CommentTimeMar 1st, 2009 4:24pm (Mar 1st 2009)

Ah, that's sweet CC! I bet he needs to go to be early if he's got 2 wives to take care of! ;)
    • CommentTimeMar 1st, 2009 4:30pm (Mar 1st 2009)

It's hilarious; he's much smaller than them, but he's certainly cock-of-the-walk. Think a cross between Peter Stringfellow and Danny De Vito...:)
    • CommentTimeMar 1st, 2009 7:45pm (Mar 1st 2009)

Thanks for the update on Gravy, CC..I'd love to see a picture of him and what he looks like now. He sounds so cute.
    • CommentTimeMar 1st, 2009 7:48pm (Mar 1st 2009)

I'll see if Jo can emu me a pic of him. Then I'll send it to Neil because I Can't Cope with Photobucket. I know,I'm useless...:\
    • CommentTimeMar 3rd, 2009 12:55am (Mar 3rd 2009)

Aw he sounds dead sweet! *waits patiently for pic* :)
    • CommentTimeMar 3rd, 2009 4:05pm (Mar 3rd 2009)

*Sits down companionably beside Red and swings feet whilst whistling 'Why Are We Waiting?'*
      CommentAuthorVictoria
    • CommentTimeMar 3rd, 2009 7:44pm (Mar 3rd 2009)

*Joins in the waiting, having thought that the two new posts on this thread meant that pics of Gravy had arrived here and then found I was wrong.*
    • CommentTimeMar 3rd, 2009 8:54pm (Mar 3rd 2009)

:whistle:
    • CommentTimeMar 4th, 2009 4:59am (Mar 4th 2009)

:toetap05: I'm waiting for that picture too.:biggrin:
    • CommentAuthorfrogdust
    • CommentTimeMar 6th, 2009 4:57am (Mar 6th 2009)

Aww! I wanna pic too .
    • CommentTimeMar 6th, 2009 6:51pm (Mar 6th 2009)

I may have to nudge her...:\
    • CommentAuthorfrogdust
    • CommentTimeMar 7th, 2009 10:16pm (Mar 7th 2009)

I know this is old news to every one .....but who was Miget? I have heard refereces to him a few times.
    • CommentTimeMar 8th, 2009 3:38am (Mar 8th 2009)

He was one of the chicks hatched at Hencam - while the world watched! - and he had a hilarious crow. Not sure how you get to hear it now...
      CommentAuthorVictoria
    • CommentTimeMar 8th, 2009 5:20pm (Mar 8th 2009)

What kind of hilarious crow? Squeaky? Croaky? Quiet? Cock-a-doo? Cock-a-doodle-oodle-doo? Cock-a-doodle-oodle? Oodle-doodle-doo?

Anyone care to attempt to describe it?
    • CommentTimeMar 8th, 2009 5:45pm (Mar 8th 2009)

Imagine treading on a dog's tail while it was holding a squeaky toy in its gob. That about sums it up...perhaps a grownup could create a link to it. I can't, I'm a technopillock.
    • CommentTimeMar 8th, 2009 5:48pm (Mar 8th 2009)

Midget's crow (just scroll down till you get the video, it will play automatically and is quite loud!)
    • CommentTimeMar 8th, 2009 5:54pm (Mar 8th 2009)

Well done, Red; see, i TOLD you a grown-up would do it...:D
    • CommentTimeMar 8th, 2009 6:00pm (Mar 8th 2009)

:fingersear:
      CommentAuthorVictoria
    • CommentTimeMar 8th, 2009 7:52pm (Mar 8th 2009) edited

What a lovely squeaky Midget. Poor boy clearly thinks he sounds ever so impressive and grown up.

If you scroll down after watching the Midget video, you'll find pics of Milly when she was very young, posted on the hencam blog in June last year. I recommend them to anyone who, like me, found Hencam a long time after that.
    • CommentTimeMar 9th, 2009 6:32am (Mar 9th 2009)

Oh I had forgotten how funny little Midget sounded when crowing, that is so cute and funny. I guess he is all growed up now and makes a BIG rooster noise.
    • CommentTimeMar 9th, 2009 6:35am (Mar 9th 2009)

Lovely photos of Milly as a young'un. She was very friendly even then wasn't she and loved a perch on someones shoulder.
      CommentAuthorDianeonWhidbey
    • CommentTimeMar 10th, 2009 12:31am (Mar 10th 2009)

CommentAuthorJonny
    • CommentTimeMar 10th, 2009 3:48am (Mar 10th 2009)

Yep...when she was itty-bitty!
    • CommentTimeMar 12th, 2009 3:04pm (Mar 12th 2009)

Posted By: DianeonWhidbeyI haven't looked - are those the pics from when Milly went visiting the neighbor's?

Yep, those're the ones. And to think we never knew she went over! :P
    • CommentAuthorfrogdust
    • CommentTimeMar 13th, 2009 7:04am (Mar 13th 2009)

WHAT a awful noise ! Bless his heart , he did seem to give his all every time he crowed !
    • CommentTimeMar 14th, 2009 3:56pm (Mar 14th 2009) edited

The best thing was Sunny would join in afterwards, clucking a little every time. Not sure if you can hear it in the vid, I probably cut it off...