Site Tag Cloud

21st academy advice ailments amazing animal animals babies baby backtail bad bald bam barbara battery beautiful behaviour belated ben bhf big bill bird birthday black boggley bonfire bound box breeds british broken broody bull bumblefoot bunty busy buying cage caged camera cannibalism canterbury captions car care cat cc check chesterfield chicken chickens chickschickens chooks christmas chucks cleaning colour common competition contact coop cooprun coops cornsnake cost council cruelty day dead derby details diane diet dog dogs dogsblog donna dora dresses drinking drunken easter eat eating egg eggs ellie elvis emergency energy falcon favourite feather feathers feed feeding finally find fireworks first floods flug flugtag foggy for forum foundation free funny future garden geraldine girl girls goldie good goodbye goodness growing hagley hall happy heart heartless heavy helen hen hencam hens holiday home homes horse house housing imagine incubating info inscription introduce introduction invites james julie kate keepers lame lancaster late latest lathargic laying lee leeds life london long lost lots love lovely lyle lynn machine magnificent mareks members men merry milly missing mite monitor moult move mums mysteries nanny needing neil new newbies news nice night noisy nook norths ollie online order oz page pancake parrot party pecking peregrine personal pet photos pic pics pictures plants plus poland poorly post production prolapse prom pumpkin puppy questions rain rat real rebull red reds remember respect rip ronston roundhay running sad sale scam shelled shirley shobhna show sids sister slow snake sneezing snow soft solutions spammers spring start support tag telephone testing thinking thomas ticket tilly time today tom training tree trev trevs uk unlock up-to-date update urgent valentines vegan visitors vivisection volka walk wanted warning webcam weekend weeks welfare where white wild wilsden winnie winter women work worming wrong yay year yorkshire 1 2 4 6 16 2010 2011 2012 2013

CommentAuthorDianeonWhidbey
    • CommentTimeAug 16th, 2008 5:36pm (Aug 16th 2008)

LOL - Vicki, Luke thinks he was too spammy. Hasn't looked at all the threads yet. OMG.

That's interesting stuff Jonny. Thanks for posting it.

Hadn't thought of that CC. Have you heard of hair grips?
    • CommentTimeAug 16th, 2008 6:45pm (Aug 16th 2008)

Ho yes...never used one. Well I did once, but I never found it again...:)
    • CommentTimeAug 16th, 2008 8:23pm (Aug 16th 2008) edited

I love Vegemite :drool5: but will not be getting any more after I have gotten tongue to the bottom of my jar :001_tt2: - it represents just a few too many air miles.

I'll be keeping the jar for posterity as it'll soon be a rare item in this half of the globe.
    • CommentTimeAug 16th, 2008 8:33pm (Aug 16th 2008)

Ollie, there's an Australian shop somewhere near Leicester Square in London where they sold it. Well, there was twenty five years ago...:D I got some for my Morris Minor mechanic, Ray, who was a Kiwi. If you goggled it, I bet you'd find it! There's a lot of homesick Aussies/Kiwis here!
    • CommentTimeAug 16th, 2008 8:38pm (Aug 16th 2008)

Yes but Vegemite is ALL made in the same place in Oz and exported to the rest of the world.
    • CommentTimeAug 16th, 2008 8:40pm (Aug 16th 2008)

Why don't you stock up while you can? I'm eliminating my carbon footrprint by not cooking any more... :fire: ...which should eliminate an awful lot of carbon.
    • CommentTimeAug 16th, 2008 8:47pm (Aug 16th 2008)

Jonny, have you had your double skinny amaretto quarduple scotch frothy coffee? Do you not own a kettle, poor boy? :D
    • CommentTimeAug 16th, 2008 8:57pm (Aug 16th 2008)

So it is raw food for CC.
    • CommentTimeAug 16th, 2008 8:57pm (Aug 16th 2008)

Is our meal going to be served in Langley while we sleuth?
    • CommentTimeAug 16th, 2008 9:00pm (Aug 16th 2008)

I hope it's Langley, Berkshire, 14 miles from here. That'll save some petrol...
      CommentAuthorJonny
    • CommentTimeAug 16th, 2008 9:04pm (Aug 16th 2008) edited

Yep, had my Double-Double!

Actually I DO have a kettle. It looks quite nice on my stove. It must get lonely as I use it rarely.
      CommentAuthorAce
    • CommentTimeAug 16th, 2008 9:04pm (Aug 16th 2008)

Theres a Langley in Berkshire? That would be easier to get to than America!
    • CommentTimeAug 16th, 2008 9:16pm (Aug 16th 2008) edited

Exactly. This is why Diane ought to come here. And it's only 3 inches from Heathrow on the map...
    Come on, Jonny; we'll teach you how to use a kettle. Ever made a pot of tea? :D
      CommentAuthorAce
    • CommentTimeAug 16th, 2008 9:21pm (Aug 16th 2008)

Get a plane and walk! Simple and easy.;)
    • CommentTimeAug 16th, 2008 9:23pm (Aug 16th 2008)

Actually, Ace, it's THE Original Langley. All others are derivative. And yes, they could more or less walk it from Thiefrow, although I think there's a bus...
      CommentAuthorAce
    • CommentTimeAug 16th, 2008 9:24pm (Aug 16th 2008)

Americans always copy the English!:D
    • CommentTimeAug 16th, 2008 9:29pm (Aug 16th 2008)

Where we lead, others follow! :D
      CommentAuthorDianeonWhidbey
    • CommentTimeAug 17th, 2008 1:12am (Aug 17th 2008)

In this case Langley was the name of the person who settled here. ;)

Ollie's right - we should (and could) have our meal together during Murder Mystery Weekend. !!!

CC, whilst (see, I'm practicing) I do plan to tour your little island there - this is a different subject that you keep attempting to merge into one. The Murder Mystery Weekend is in LANGLEY, WASHINGTON and, hence, to Langley, Washington you must come. :D
    • CommentTimeAug 17th, 2008 5:38am (Aug 17th 2008)

Well, I haven't got a passport for one thing. And I hate flying. And I hate the hot. This is why I've never been to see Headless in Florida...
    • CommentTimeAug 17th, 2008 6:28pm (Aug 17th 2008) edited

1. Get a passport
    2. Take a boat
    3. I saw this new thing one of the Beijing marathoners was wearing. An ice vest. Kept her body cooled down, even after she took it off.
    4. And anyway, it is not hot here. Its a bit like Camelot really. Now Florida - THAT is hot and muggy.
    • CommentTimeAug 17th, 2008 6:57pm (Aug 17th 2008)

I want one of those vests. Now.
    • CommentTimeAug 17th, 2008 7:36pm (Aug 17th 2008) edited

I thought you might.

ICE VESTS
    • CommentTimeAug 18th, 2008 6:53am (Aug 18th 2008)

:028::weather_hot::fire:I'm going to order a vest, a bandana and four fetlock wraps...:kettle:
    • CommentTimeAug 18th, 2008 11:13pm (Aug 18th 2008)

I was going to make a comment about an old nag, but I'm just not brave enough!!
    • CommentTimeAug 18th, 2008 11:20pm (Aug 18th 2008)

Very sensible Kate, very sensible... :_oh_really:
    • CommentTimeAug 19th, 2008 12:09am (Aug 19th 2008)

gulp!!
      CommentAuthorDianeonWhidbey
    • CommentTimeAug 19th, 2008 8:06am (Aug 19th 2008)

:crazy: Kate! Run!
    • CommentTimeAug 19th, 2008 10:57pm (Aug 19th 2008)

:leaving: :willy_nilly: :tuxout:
      CommentAuthorwazza
    • CommentTimeAug 21st, 2008 5:43am (Aug 21st 2008)

no longer a member

OK we have all got our food so what will we wear to dinner ?
    • CommentAuthorhqtrev
    • CommentTimeAug 21st, 2008 12:59pm (Aug 21st 2008)

Shorts, A "life-be-in-it" T-shirt, Thongs, and an Acubra.
    • CommentTimeAug 21st, 2008 2:12pm (Aug 21st 2008)

A thong?! :O And what's an Acubra?
    • CommentTimeAug 21st, 2008 6:51pm (Aug 21st 2008)

I shall wear a bin bag :cool:
    • CommentTimeAug 21st, 2008 9:14pm (Aug 21st 2008)

I (hope!) hqtrev's thongs are actually flip flops, otherwise I'm not sitting next to him!!!!

Jeans, trainers, and my "its a rats world" t-shirt. And a jumper because I'm always cold - unless I sit next to CC and share her hot flushes!
    • CommentTimeAug 22nd, 2008 5:18pm (Aug 22nd 2008)

:weather_hot::fire::kettle:You're welcome...
    • CommentTimeAug 22nd, 2008 7:44pm (Aug 22nd 2008)

Oh...I thought he actually meant thongs as in..um, well, yes... :shamed: What an idiot!
    • CommentTimeAug 22nd, 2008 7:46pm (Aug 22nd 2008)

I shall wear....PURPLE!
      CommentAuthorDianeonWhidbey
    • CommentTimeAug 22nd, 2008 8:24pm (Aug 22nd 2008)

Shorts for me, ankle socks and hiking boots, a tank top with a picture of Milly on it and sunglasses. Since it sounds like it is going to be hot where we are eating...

We call 'em thongs here too, Trev. Or zories. Actually, that's what we called in California. What about Washington, Lynn?

An Akubra is an Aussie hat. Think Crocodile Dundee. ;)
    • CommentTimeAug 22nd, 2008 8:29pm (Aug 22nd 2008)

We call 'em flipflops after their French inventor, Phillipe Filoppe.
    • CommentAuthorCake
    • CommentTimeAug 23rd, 2008 3:49pm (Aug 23rd 2008)

So are we establishing that trev is wearing flip flops and not a thong? cos its just not british to dine wearing just a thong. My eldest girl is called Philippa and when she was little she used to call herself bip bop. We changed it to flip flop and now she is known by all as Flip. Not thong I hasten to add, but FLIP.
      CommentAuthorDianeonWhidbey
    • CommentTimeAug 23rd, 2008 4:49pm (Aug 23rd 2008)

That was circuitous :P
    • CommentTimeAug 23rd, 2008 6:38pm (Aug 23rd 2008)

My friend's mum was universally known as Wool, which dated back to the 70s when she had a perm, got wet and everyone said she looked like a sheep.I had to think really hard to remember her REAL name (Gladys) to put on the wreath when she died, and then decided to call her Wool anyway!
    • CommentTimeAug 23rd, 2008 7:38pm (Aug 23rd 2008) edited

As I said before, I am coming "Oven Ready"
    :chicken:
    Oh, and a little bow in my hair as I don't have a chicky comb.
    • CommentTimeAug 23rd, 2008 7:50pm (Aug 23rd 2008)

:shocked: Ooo my word!
    • CommentTimeAug 25th, 2008 2:20pm (Aug 25th 2008)

:rolling:
      CommentAuthorDianeonWhidbey
    • CommentTimeAug 25th, 2008 9:07pm (Aug 25th 2008)

Oo la la, Ollie. :gnorsi:
    • CommentTimeSep 6th, 2008 8:41pm (Sep 6th 2008)

Now *that* is going to get the party going!!! :D
    • CommentTimeSep 6th, 2008 8:56pm (Sep 6th 2008)

Mind you the weather is getting a little parky now! :snow:
    • CommentTimeSep 6th, 2008 9:16pm (Sep 6th 2008)

Hello, her bottle's going...:D
      CommentAuthorDianeonWhidbey
    • CommentTimeSep 7th, 2008 3:16am (Sep 7th 2008)

Wot?
    • CommentTimeSep 7th, 2008 4:10pm (Sep 7th 2008)

She's losing her nerve (to go to the meal as nature intended)
    • CommentTimeSep 7th, 2008 6:04pm (Sep 7th 2008)

To lose your bottle; to chicken (arf arf) out of something.
      CommentAuthorDianeonWhidbey
    • CommentTimeSep 7th, 2008 6:22pm (Sep 7th 2008)

"The weather's getting parky and she lost her bottle (can it be phrased that way...?)" - completely incomprehensible sentence over here...

Is the bottle a reference to alcoholic fortitude? Oh! "Parky" - is that related to the word "parka?"
    • CommentTimeSep 7th, 2008 6:53pm (Sep 7th 2008)

April in Paris = Aris (arse)
    Aristotle = bottle
    So, to lose control of the bowels!
      CommentAuthorDianeonWhidbey
    • CommentTimeSep 7th, 2008 10:51pm (Sep 7th 2008)

Are you kidding? How does everything go back to RP with you folks?
      CommentAuthorAce
    • CommentTimeSep 7th, 2008 10:56pm (Sep 7th 2008)

Easily! :rolling:
      CommentAuthorAce
    • CommentTimeSep 7th, 2008 10:56pm (Sep 7th 2008)

Oh and very RUNNY!!!!!
      CommentAuthorDianeonWhidbey
    • CommentTimeSep 7th, 2008 10:58pm (Sep 7th 2008)

You stinker! ;)
      CommentAuthorAce
    • CommentTimeSep 7th, 2008 10:59pm (Sep 7th 2008)

:rofl:
    • CommentTimeSep 8th, 2008 3:06am (Sep 8th 2008)

:D It's not us, it's the Cockneys!
    • CommentTimeSep 8th, 2008 11:43am (Sep 8th 2008) edited

Posted By: DianeonWhidbeyYou stinker!";)</img

Diane is getting into the RP spirit :P
    • CommentTimeSep 8th, 2008 3:21pm (Sep 8th 2008)

Can we help it if the only idioms which catch her attention are based on rude things? Says more about her than us, I reckon...:D
    BTW, I always heard the origin as Aris = aristotle = bottle = bottle + glass = arse.
    • CommentTimeSep 9th, 2008 1:17am (Sep 9th 2008) edited

From Red
    Posted By: DianeonWhidbey "You stinker!" Diane is getting into the RP spirit

Thats because you have been sharing my pain, since the whole bum drag thing... :woohoo:

Unfair claim CC - I am just as confused by your words for food. Input and output, I guess.
    • CommentTimeSep 9th, 2008 4:40pm (Sep 9th 2008)

:flowers:We're only kicking your bucket, cherub!
      CommentAuthorDianeonWhidbey
    • CommentTimeSep 9th, 2008 5:47pm (Sep 9th 2008)

Remind me again, which part of me is my bucket? :loco:
    • CommentTimeSep 9th, 2008 6:49pm (Sep 9th 2008)

Taking the...rise out of you, teasing you, pulling your leg!
    • CommentTimeSep 9th, 2008 7:13pm (Sep 9th 2008)

Posted By: DianeonWhidbeyFrom Red
    Posted By: DianeonWhidbey "You stinker!"Diane is getting into the RP spirit

Thats because you have been sharing my pain, since the whole bum drag thing...

*shudders at the memory of the bum dragging*
      CommentAuthorDianeonWhidbey
    • CommentTimeSep 10th, 2008 2:18am (Sep 10th 2008)

Of course, since your Dad's comment, I have it as my goal to capture this on film...
    • CommentTimeSep 10th, 2008 2:18am (Sep 10th 2008) edited

I'm just wondering what part of the body one would kick if one aimed at the bucket CC :D If it were a concept originating in the US, I would assume the hind quarters. But, since its the UK, and given your odd fascination with the leg... Dunno.
    • CommentTimeSep 10th, 2008 5:44pm (Sep 10th 2008)

I think it's just annoying noise, so making goading comments is the same thing.
      CommentAuthorDianeonWhidbey
    • CommentTimeSep 11th, 2008 2:59am (Sep 11th 2008)

Wot does *parky* mean?
    • CommentTimeSep 11th, 2008 10:42am (Sep 11th 2008) edited

Parky is slang for a cold nip in the air. It is used in the North of UK, don't know about down South, they get really cold weather anyway(!).:wink:
    • CommentTimeSep 11th, 2008 4:18pm (Sep 11th 2008)

Yep, nippy, parky, cool
      CommentAuthorDianeonWhidbey
    • CommentTimeSep 13th, 2008 11:33pm (Sep 13th 2008)

Ah. Thanks. :)
    • CommentAuthorhqtrev
    • CommentTimeSep 14th, 2008 1:43am (Sep 14th 2008)

Here, a parky is where we take the doggy for a walky.
    • CommentTimeSep 14th, 2008 10:38pm (Sep 14th 2008)

A question for hqtrev.

Is ALL the Vegemite still made in the sameplace down under, please?

I read it somewhere a while ago and wonder if that is still how it is done.
    • CommentTimeSep 15th, 2008 4:37pm (Sep 15th 2008)

There's a New Zealand shop near Leicester Square that used to sell it...
    • CommentTimeSep 15th, 2008 8:42pm (Sep 15th 2008)

Yes, but it's all MADE in Nz isn't it?

I think I have had this conversation before. Their website doesn't give any info on this.
    I have no problem in finding it. Yummmm.
    • CommentAuthorhqtrev
    • CommentTimeSep 16th, 2008 1:23pm (Sep 16th 2008)

I cannot find where vegemite is made. I know it is owned by American company Kraft, but interestingly there is no mention of vegemite on the Kraft website... well the one I went to anyway.
    • CommentTimeSep 16th, 2008 1:34pm (Sep 16th 2008)

I have sent them an emu to find out place of manufacture.
      CommentAuthorJonny
    • CommentTimeSep 17th, 2008 12:34am (Sep 17th 2008) edited

• CommentAuthorhqtrev
    • CommentTimeSep 17th, 2008 8:34am (Sep 17th 2008)

Yeah, I saw that too, but wondered how old that is.... because I thought it was made outside Australia now. Maybe I am confused with the fact that Australia does not own Vegemite anymore.
    • CommentTimeSep 17th, 2008 9:26am (Sep 17th 2008)

I saw it on a jar sometime ago saying it was all made in Melbourne. I know it was bought out by Kraft but don't know if manufacture was in other places after that.

All this is leading to how many air miles is Vegemite...