Site Tag Cloud

CommentAuthorDianeonWhidbey
    • CommentTimeAug 20th, 2008 8:22pm (Aug 20th 2008)

Hey, I'M one of your friends - aren't I, CC???

Then again, I loved the image of them sitting in their chandeliered and carpeted van. :D Coolness.
      CommentAuthorAce
    • CommentTimeAug 20th, 2008 8:23pm (Aug 20th 2008)

Its only the guitars and drumkit that goes in the carpeted van.....
      CommentAuthorDianeonWhidbey
    • CommentTimeAug 20th, 2008 8:24pm (Aug 20th 2008)

I had a drum kit once. But I loaned it to a friend and she took it with her when she moved. Theft really.
      CommentAuthorAce
    • CommentTimeAug 20th, 2008 8:25pm (Aug 20th 2008)

You should tell Wazza about that. I still have my drumkit.:)
    • CommentTimeAug 20th, 2008 8:25pm (Aug 20th 2008)

Don't you know where she moved to? Perhaps your next door neighbours bribed her to pinch it...:D
    • CommentTimeAug 20th, 2008 8:27pm (Aug 20th 2008)

Of course you're a friend, Diane. My case rests, m'Lud.
      CommentAuthorDianeonWhidbey
    • CommentTimeAug 20th, 2008 8:47pm (Aug 20th 2008)

LOL. :lol:

No, we all lived in Spokane then. She moved to Las Vegas or something. She was a drummer in an actual band. Wazza? What do you think? Want to take a trip to Vegas? It was in the mid-1980s. That wouldn't be a problem would it?
    • CommentTimeAug 20th, 2008 8:48pm (Aug 20th 2008)

Not for SUPERWAZZA!!!!
    • CommentTimeAug 20th, 2008 11:33pm (Aug 20th 2008)

For future reference Red (i.e. this weekend!) any spillages should be blotted up with kitchen roll as much as possible (Bounty is great!) and then use warm soapy water (washing up liquid or washing powder/liquid) and clean the stain GENTLY from the outside in. If it dries you're stuffed. If you scrub at it you just push it further into the fibres. Not that anything like that will happen this weekend I'm sure!
      CommentAuthorDianeonWhidbey
    • CommentTimeAug 21st, 2008 3:48am (Aug 21st 2008)

LOL - see Kate, this is why you are my model for all things domestic.
      CommentAuthorwazza
    • CommentTimeAug 21st, 2008 5:37am (Aug 21st 2008)

no longer a member

wazza gets his detective hat on and goes in search of some drums

This weekend i am working. no time to play
    • CommentTimeAug 21st, 2008 11:55am (Aug 21st 2008)

Ah Kate that would be where i went wrong then, I let it dry. And the scrubbing of course :-\

Thanks for that Kate, I might print it off and stick it on my bedroom walls where it can't be missed! Never know when it might come in handy :D
      CommentAuthorwazza
    • CommentTimeAug 29th, 2008 5:53am (Aug 29th 2008)

no longer a member

InIt and i are off to Kent to stay in a very Old Farm house... celebrating wedding anniversary and on sunday to brands hatch watching some motor racing
    • CommentTimeAug 29th, 2008 12:26pm (Aug 29th 2008)

Oh, i just asked you in another thread where you were going and you've answered it here...oh well, have a great time! :heart:
      CommentAuthornancy
    • CommentTimeAug 29th, 2008 1:27pm (Aug 29th 2008)

I am going to buy school supplies this weekend:'(. I realllllly dont want to go back, but I must. Darn it:(
      CommentAuthorAce
    • CommentTimeAug 29th, 2008 1:29pm (Aug 29th 2008)

I hate going back to school. The first days back are usually really boring.
      CommentAuthornancy
    • CommentTimeAug 29th, 2008 1:35pm (Aug 29th 2008)

uk I know. I cant believe I'm going to have to wake up before 9:30am now:|
      CommentAuthorAce
    • CommentTimeAug 29th, 2008 1:36pm (Aug 29th 2008)

Back to getting up early. I hate that too.
    • CommentTimeAug 29th, 2008 8:45pm (Aug 29th 2008)

Nancy, I thought you were at university, not school?
      CommentAuthorDianeonWhidbey
    • CommentTimeAug 29th, 2008 8:48pm (Aug 29th 2008)

University can be called school here in the north Americas.
    • CommentTimeAug 29th, 2008 8:48pm (Aug 29th 2008)

I see - just assumed Nancy was older than Ace and Vicki and Red.
      CommentAuthornancy
    • CommentTimeAug 29th, 2008 9:05pm (Aug 29th 2008)

I am going into grade 12.
      CommentAuthornancy
    • CommentTimeAug 29th, 2008 9:06pm (Aug 29th 2008)

Posted By: DianeonWhidbeyUniversity can be called school here in the north Americas.

Are university not schools in the UK?
    • CommentTimeAug 29th, 2008 10:26pm (Aug 29th 2008)

Nope, just universities. The only one I can think of is the Slade School of Art which is THE art college to go to apart from the Royal College of Art. In fact it might even be better.
      CommentAuthorDianeonWhidbey
    • CommentTimeAug 30th, 2008 2:49am (Aug 30th 2008)

Grade 12 - so Nancy is a Senior in High School. University next year, Nancy?

The only thing more confusing than the terms for the educational systems between our countries are our terms for food.

I THINK Red is a year older than Nancy and Nancy are year or so older than Ace? And Vicki is quite a bit younger? Am I right? Do I win a prize?
      CommentAuthorTori
    • CommentTimeAug 30th, 2008 4:17pm (Aug 30th 2008) edited

what about the elton high school , a specialist arts college even though im rubbish at art heheee and im very young i think welll im going to go into year 9 hehe. but there isnt a year 12 in high school is there ?? hmm
    • CommentTimeAug 30th, 2008 4:18pm (Aug 30th 2008) edited

I am going into yr 12 AGAIN!!!!!!!!! Dejavoo! (sp)
      CommentAuthorTori
    • CommentTimeAug 30th, 2008 4:22pm (Aug 30th 2008)

what does sp mean ??? does it mean super jemima to teh rescueee
      CommentAuthorAce
    • CommentTimeAug 30th, 2008 4:25pm (Aug 30th 2008)

It just means spelling. If you think you migh have spelt something wrong just put (sp) after the word.;)
      CommentAuthorTori
    • CommentTimeAug 30th, 2008 4:28pm (Aug 30th 2008)

ooooh good tip im going to be using that a lot now tehe sp sp spspspssppspspssppspssppspspspspspsssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss
      CommentAuthorAce
    • CommentTimeAug 30th, 2008 4:29pm (Aug 30th 2008)

hehe. spspspspspspspsp!!!!!!!!!!
      CommentAuthornancy
    • CommentTimeSep 1st, 2008 3:32pm (Sep 1st 2008)

Actually I might be younger than Ace and Vicki becuase countries have different age groups for grades and I think Canada has one of the lowest ages per grade, if that makes any sense at all.
      CommentAuthorAce
    • CommentTimeSep 1st, 2008 3:38pm (Sep 1st 2008)

I am 17 and Vicki is 13 (14 on 2nd October). ;)
      CommentAuthornancy
    • CommentTimeSep 1st, 2008 3:42pm (Sep 1st 2008)

I see. Then I am younger than you but older than Vicki. What grade is Vicki in anyways?
      CommentAuthorAce
    • CommentTimeSep 1st, 2008 3:43pm (Sep 1st 2008)

Year 8. But she is going into year 9 on Wednesday.
      CommentAuthorAce
    • CommentTimeSep 1st, 2008 3:44pm (Sep 1st 2008)

I think yr 9 is equivalent to grade 8.
      CommentAuthornancy
    • CommentTimeSep 1st, 2008 3:54pm (Sep 1st 2008)

The British system is so confusing:|
    • CommentTimeSep 1st, 2008 4:01pm (Sep 1st 2008)

It is now. We used to have first form (at 11) through to 5th form (at 15/16) but now it's all this silly 'year 12' stuff which means nothing...
    What subject are you applying for, Nancy?
      CommentAuthorAce
    • CommentTimeSep 1st, 2008 4:02pm (Sep 1st 2008)

I think the old version is more confusing! :shocked:
      CommentAuthornancy
    • CommentTimeSep 1st, 2008 4:05pm (Sep 1st 2008)

I am applying into pharmaceutical chemistry or biochemistry. Basically I hope to make medicine in the future.
    • CommentTimeSep 1st, 2008 4:06pm (Sep 1st 2008)

:shocked: Ooo, brainy! :)
      CommentAuthorAce
    • CommentTimeSep 1st, 2008 4:07pm (Sep 1st 2008)

Clever you.
      CommentAuthornancy
    • CommentTimeSep 1st, 2008 4:08pm (Sep 1st 2008)

I know. Don't you just love jargon? It makes everything seem 10X more sophisticated than it actually is:|
      CommentAuthorAce
    • CommentTimeSep 1st, 2008 4:09pm (Sep 1st 2008)

Yep it sure does. ;)
    • CommentTimeSep 1st, 2008 4:10pm (Sep 1st 2008)

Yes...every job/area of study has its own jargon. I think it's purely to make the person sound expert. Have you seen the badge that says 'There are theories at the bottom of my jargon' ? :D
      CommentAuthornancy
    • CommentTimeSep 1st, 2008 4:11pm (Sep 1st 2008)

:D No i haven't seen that. That would be my bumper sticker.
      CommentAuthorAce
    • CommentTimeSep 1st, 2008 4:12pm (Sep 1st 2008)

:rolling:
    • CommentAuthorCake
    • CommentTimeSep 2nd, 2008 12:44pm (Sep 2nd 2008)

I love big words like the ones they use to sell products...
    Quatro Titanium
    Bifidus actiregularis!

We have invented some here at the lodge..

Now with added Quatro Merconium!
    super bigitup pooperregularis!
    • CommentTimeSep 2nd, 2008 4:09pm (Sep 2nd 2008)

We do that; if something goes wrong we say it must be the high-tension teflon bilateral flange-resisting grommets playing up again.
    • CommentTimeSep 3rd, 2008 5:00am (Sep 3rd 2008) edited

LOL - very funny both of you. Thanks for the laugh.

In my field, since we are prone to this biggie wordus thingy as a matter of course - we go the other way when something extra is called for. Such as: *My god, I think you're nuts!*
    • CommentTimeSep 12th, 2008 12:27pm (Sep 12th 2008)

What am I doing this weekend?
    It is grand daughter's eleventh birthay. :bdayhappy_balloons:
    I am taking her clothes shopping in the morning. We may lunch out, depends on how long it takes.... :aparty1:
    In the evening we are going to a Chinese Circus with a bunch of her pals. Dad has a big taxi so we are going in style. :auto:
    • CommentTimeSep 12th, 2008 2:17pm (Sep 12th 2008)

Happy Birthday Ollie's grand daughter!! :_party::aparty2::_party::aparty2:

I need advice - what can we do that is 'special' and fun this weekend as it's one of our last ones before Scarlet goes to Uni...

Scarlet - any ideas? :)
    • CommentTimeSep 12th, 2008 6:03pm (Sep 12th 2008)

Why don't you ASK her?:\ :D
    • CommentTimeSep 12th, 2008 9:37pm (Sep 12th 2008) edited

Happy Birthday to Ollie's grand-daughter! :boogie:

Um...i have no ideas, sorry! And CC, :-\ is about right!
    :rolling:
    • CommentTimeSep 12th, 2008 11:19pm (Sep 12th 2008)

Hubby is taking his motorbike to Darley Moor tomorrow (Sat) for a track day. Its where lots of people turn up with their bikes and race round, then stop so's another group can do the same thing, and so on throughout the day. I am being the dutiful wife and going along to keep him company inbetween sessions. Have never driven there before though - have always been the passenger. NOT looking forward to that!
    • CommentTimeSep 13th, 2008 3:25pm (Sep 13th 2008) edited

Kate, you'll be fine - go for it, girl!
    I've been back to the 1930s today tuning for an episode of Poirot. I was wondering whether the 2 seater sofa from the set would fit in the smart. Alas, no...:\
    • CommentTimeSep 13th, 2008 8:11pm (Sep 13th 2008)

I did go, and had a great day! The tom tom got me there no problem (went a much easier route than hubby takes!) and the weather was glorious!

I love Poirot - nice easy to watch programmes. Will be watching out for an in-tune piano in future episodes now!

See, if only you had a bigger car!
      CommentAuthorAce
    • CommentTimeSep 13th, 2008 8:45pm (Sep 13th 2008)

Darley moor! Isn't that near Ashbourne? Thats about 30 miles from where i live!!!
    • CommentTimeSep 13th, 2008 9:27pm (Sep 13th 2008) edited

You won't miss this piano; all painted with swags and flourishes. Pretty box, knackered innards...:\
    Sounds as though you should have dropped in on Ace, Kate!
      CommentAuthorAce
    • CommentTimeSep 13th, 2008 9:37pm (Sep 13th 2008)

That would've been cool. :)
    • CommentTimeSep 15th, 2008 12:08am (Sep 15th 2008)

Yes, Ashbourne is just down the road! Hubby ran out of petrol on the last session, so had to borrow a litre from someone who was there ready to race the following day, then drive into Ashbourne to fill up. Wish I'd known - I could've come for a visit!!!!
    • CommentTimeSep 19th, 2008 10:01am (Sep 19th 2008) edited

What am i doing this weekend:

Well tonight i am going to watch COLD FLAME!

Tomorrow:
    I am doing a charity event for Christie's. It will involve me dressing up as Batman and my dad as Superman! Then riding my dads motorbike to Matlock. Me as pillion of course. ;)
    • CommentTimeSep 19th, 2008 12:13pm (Sep 19th 2008)

With your cloaks flying out behind you, in true Bat and Rob style!
      CommentAuthorAce
    • CommentTimeSep 19th, 2008 1:49pm (Sep 19th 2008)

I'm afraid not! The cape is too long and might catch fire from the exhaust...
    • CommentTimeSep 19th, 2008 5:33pm (Sep 19th 2008)

This weekend and the week attached, I am staying in a fake Victorian Manor in deepest Wales with the top midwives in this country.

Wall to wall midwifery.

I'm not taking my laptop, even though there's a connection, I need to focus on the workshops, demonstrations and the wonderful Welsh scenery.

Food is all veggie, the evening meal taken round the huge table in the Baronial Hall. We self cater to keep the price down to an amazing £15 a night, half board.

(http://www.manor-wales.com/m_sleeps.php)

:grouphug:
    • CommentTimeSep 19th, 2008 7:03pm (Sep 19th 2008)

Ace, your dad's not a member of Fathers For Justice, is he?? :rolling:
    • CommentTimeSep 19th, 2008 10:37pm (Sep 19th 2008)

Self-catering Ollie?! Do you take it in turns to do kitchen duty?!!

What's 'Christies' Ace?
    • CommentTimeSep 19th, 2008 10:39pm (Sep 19th 2008) edited

We all muck-in with kitchen duties. It only needs seven to take the head chef post, one for each evening and they sometimes double up.
    There is a huge shopping order each day that two or three folks tackle at the local supermarket.

Great food. I am going to take notes this time...
    • CommentTimeSep 19th, 2008 10:43pm (Sep 19th 2008)

I hope you have a great week. You don't actually do any deliveries anymore though do you? Is this just to keep your brain active and up to date?

Hubby wanted to go to Scarborough tomorrow for some bike racing, but has changed his mind. Phew! Got so much to do at home. He's also very upset - his bike is dead, deceased, passed away. Well, the crank case is cracked and replacements aren't made/sold anymore and it'd cost thousands to get it done. He loves that bike - had it 18 years.
    • CommentTimeSep 19th, 2008 10:47pm (Sep 19th 2008)

There is far more to being a midwife than being with a birthing woman

Women give birth. Pizzas are delivered.
      CommentAuthorwazza
    • CommentTimeSep 20th, 2008 5:32am (Sep 20th 2008)

no longer a member

Working today (Sat) and on Sunday off to Brands hatch to watch motor racing
      CommentAuthorDianeonWhidbey
    • CommentTimeSep 20th, 2008 6:47am (Sep 20th 2008)

Take pictures Ollie & Acie!
      CommentAuthorAce
    • CommentTimeSep 20th, 2008 11:43am (Sep 20th 2008)

Posted By: chief chickenAce, your dad's not a member of Fathers For Justice, is he??:rolling:" start="fileopen" height="15" alt=":rolling:" ismap="false" hspace="0" loop="1" src="http://www.hencam.co.uk/hencam_forum/extensions/Vanillacons/smilies/happy/rolling.gif" width="39" vspace="0" />

Nope he isn't!

Posted By: KatebSelf-catering Ollie?! Do you take it in turns to do kitchen duty?!!

What's 'Christies' Ace?

Christie's is a cancer hospital. ;)

Posted By: DianeonWhidbeyTake pictures Ollie & Acie!

Will do Diane. :bigsmile:
    • CommentTimeSep 20th, 2008 3:53pm (Sep 20th 2008)

Posted By: ollie in UK

Women give birth. Pizzas are delivered.

Not if you live up a 300 yard footpath they aren't...:(
    • CommentTimeSep 20th, 2008 11:28pm (Sep 20th 2008) edited

LOL CC! Sorry Ollie, you've told me that before but my mind set is on NHS performance, and we count deliveries rather than 'women who give birth' or 'number of babies born' as its less letters to fit in the little box at the top of the column!!!!!!!

(Actually, that's not strictly true. In Public Health I used to count 'babies born'. Now I count how many people have nasty infections!)
    • CommentTimeSep 20th, 2008 11:31pm (Sep 20th 2008)

• CommentTimeSep 21st, 2008 2:42pm (Sep 21st 2008)

Ah, bless 'em. You put his stone in place yet, Kate?
    • CommentTimeSep 21st, 2008 7:08pm (Sep 21st 2008)

No - the weeds have taken over the garden. The stone is on the windowsill so that i can see it everytime I walk out of the door and feel guilty that my little boy is under those damn thistles. It will get there soon!
      CommentAuthorDianeonWhidbey
    • CommentTimeSep 21st, 2008 7:16pm (Sep 21st 2008)

Posted By: KatebToday would've been Joey (and Frankie's) 11th birthday. RIP boys - I hope your other brother and sisters had a good birthday. x
    Rest in peace sweet ones. You are not forgotten. :heart:
      CommentAuthorDianeonWhidbey
    • CommentTimeSep 21st, 2008 7:17pm (Sep 21st 2008)

I'd love to see a picture of Joey's stone Kate.
    • CommentTimeSep 21st, 2008 7:38pm (Sep 21st 2008)

I have one somewhere - I'll try and remember to post it.
      CommentAuthorDianeonWhidbey
    • CommentTimeSep 23rd, 2008 2:34am (Sep 23rd 2008)

:heart:
    • CommentTimeSep 23rd, 2008 9:26pm (Sep 23rd 2008)

Will have to take one on the camera and upload tomorrow. I took it on my mobile phone and its a rubbish photo.
    • CommentTimeSep 24th, 2008 9:34am (Sep 24th 2008) edited

Kate, :nicegrouphug:

This weekend ~ I am GOING TO UNI!! :boogie: :o :turkeydance::lets_party: :rainbow: :yay_jump: :blushing:
    • CommentAuthorhqtrev
    • CommentTimeSep 24th, 2008 10:43am (Sep 24th 2008)

Is your Uni local enough to stay at home, or will you be living at Uni in a dorm or class room or something...?
    • CommentTimeSep 24th, 2008 11:45am (Sep 24th 2008)

She's leaving! :(

It's about an hour and a half by car, so not too far away really, but the house is going to be quiet...

Scarlet's uni is near Alton Towers (theme park) so it's quite handy for days out for her and us :)
    • CommentTimeSep 24th, 2008 11:49pm (Sep 24th 2008)

• CommentAuthorhqtrev
    • CommentTimeSep 25th, 2008 10:35am (Sep 25th 2008)

Wow, this is a big step. I wish all those involved the best of luck. May the insertion of physical space between you, be made deceivingly shorter by phone calls, email, and hencam forum !
    • CommentTimeSep 25th, 2008 2:13pm (Sep 25th 2008) edited

Posted By: KatebWhy did I think she was going to Cardiff?! Must be someone else I know. Make sure you pack her laptop! You're sad now but wait til she's been gone a week, or comes back for the first holiday. I cried buckets when Danny (youngest) moved out - I'd cry them again if he threatened to come back!!!!

That's weird, i thought one of my best mates was going to Cardiff uni and she wasn't...why is Cardiff getting in everywhere? :confused:
    • CommentAuthorCake
    • CommentTimeSep 25th, 2008 5:46pm (Sep 25th 2008)

This weekend I am out Fri and Sat. Woohoo!!
    Fri is a Limehouse Lizzy (Thin Lizzy Tribute Band) in Colne and they are excellent. Taking Flip too cos she is a rock chick. Saturday is hubbys school reunion. Should be a laugh!
    • CommentTimeSep 25th, 2008 5:50pm (Sep 25th 2008)

Has he got to hire a Roller and pretend to be a dynamic go-getter trendsetter high flyer? :D
    Or is he all that anyway?
    • CommentAuthorCake
    • CommentTimeSep 25th, 2008 5:56pm (Sep 25th 2008)

He is thinking of going in his old green parka with huge furry hood. His sister is coming too and she is gonna don her NHS specs with tape on em. His other sis is coming as a goth to scare folks and another sister is coming just to sit and bitch at folks all night! This is a "any yr" reunion so they are going enmasse. Oh no, its the clampets!! hee hee
    • CommentTimeSep 25th, 2008 6:01pm (Sep 25th 2008)

O, excellent. Do they know you? Could you put a severe suit on and take your hubby handcuffed to you, claiming that you're his warder and they've let him come on compassionate grounds?
    • CommentTimeSep 25th, 2008 6:01pm (Sep 25th 2008)

Or he could say he's on TV a lot...Crimewatch...
    • CommentAuthorCake
    • CommentTimeSep 25th, 2008 6:02pm (Sep 25th 2008)

LOL! good one! I didnt go to the school so I will spend all night pretending I did and making the teachers guess my name!! ha ha the evilness of cake!
    • CommentTimeSep 25th, 2008 6:06pm (Sep 25th 2008)

Can you cry on demand? If so, couple that with a 'After all we meant to eachother...I never forgot you, you know...'
    • CommentAuthorCake
    • CommentTimeSep 25th, 2008 6:17pm (Sep 25th 2008)

hee hee I like your thinking CC! Oh this could be fun!
      CommentAuthorAce
    • CommentTimeSep 25th, 2008 6:51pm (Sep 25th 2008)

What i am doing this weekend:

Well on Friday night i will be going to watch Cold Flame. On Saturday i'll probably watch BSB on the TV and then on Sunday i am off to watch Cold Flame Acoustic!
    • CommentTimeSep 25th, 2008 9:42pm (Sep 25th 2008)

Saturday I'm accompanying hubby to Silverstone. (I think I should swap places with Ace - she could pretend to be me and go for the day. She'd enjoy it, I'm just being a good wife and keeping him company!) Sunday will be an ice hockey game. Weekend over again!
      CommentAuthorDianeonWhidbey
    • CommentTimeSep 26th, 2008 7:38am (Sep 26th 2008)

Posted By: neilDon't know how the last (nearly) 19 years have passed so quickly and now she's grown up and going - scary!
    Why did I think Red was 17?