Site Tag Cloud

• CommentTimeFeb 9th, 2010 7:11pm (Feb 9th 2010)

ohh I know this one but will let Julie ot Trev answer as you reqoested.
    • CommentTimeFeb 9th, 2010 10:10pm (Feb 9th 2010)

I don't mind who tells me! I just assumed that the answer would come from Oz!
    • CommentTimeFeb 10th, 2010 1:01am (Feb 10th 2010) edited

It is a coconut and cherry bar coated in dark chocolate made by cadbury funnily enough
      99.jpg
    • CommentTimeFeb 10th, 2010 4:22pm (Feb 10th 2010) edited

Thanks, NN! Bleurgh...I hate cherries! And I soon won't like Cadbury's either,m if they're going to start making it abroad - I mean, it just won't be the same, wiil it? :( :cry:
    • CommentTimeFeb 10th, 2010 8:05pm (Feb 10th 2010)

I love cherries but I know what you mean about the chocolate, I hate the chocolate flavour stuff it is just nasty and doesn't taste very wholesome to me.
    • CommentTimeFeb 10th, 2010 8:21pm (Feb 10th 2010)

glace cherries!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :ack2: now what are they all about!!!! what on earth did they do to that beautiful fresh cherry to make it taste and look like that :_puke: Disgusting!!
    • CommentTimeFeb 10th, 2010 9:43pm (Feb 10th 2010)

I agree too. Even if its made to the same recipe, the raw ingredients won't be the same. I heard this morning that the Bristol factory is being closed. How can they make a decision like that when they've only owned the company for a week or so?! Kraft taking over is a tragedy on so many levels.
    • CommentTimeFeb 11th, 2010 12:01pm (Feb 11th 2010)

The factory had plans to move anyway. To Poland I think.
    • CommentTimeFeb 11th, 2010 6:06pm (Feb 11th 2010)

I love those Marashino cherries yummy or what.
    • CommentTimeFeb 11th, 2010 9:25pm (Feb 11th 2010)

Poland will be the chocolate centre of the world the way things are going!!!!!
    • CommentAuthorTracyB
    • CommentTimeFeb 16th, 2010 9:15pm (Feb 16th 2010)

I love glacier cherry's I eat them straigh out of the tub if I'm desperate and can't find anything else. Having said that I'm dieting at the moment so I would quite happily eat the plastic tub at the moment.
    • CommentTimeFeb 17th, 2010 5:45pm (Feb 17th 2010)

I LOATHE real cherries, but like glace cherries. Odd...
    • CommentTimeFeb 17th, 2010 7:41pm (Feb 17th 2010)

I have to hide the glace cherries in our house as Grandad North is addicted to them and will craftily scoff the lot, then when I come to baking I havent got any.
    • CommentTimeFeb 19th, 2010 9:26am (Feb 19th 2010)

I have to hide the chocolate chips or baking chocolate but Brian always manages to 'sniff' it out.
    • CommentTimeFeb 19th, 2010 7:20pm (Feb 19th 2010)

They seem to have this uncanny knack of doing that Trev's Mum. The thing that annoys me most is when they put the jam or peanut butter pot back in the cupboard when it is empty, or has half a teaspoon of contents left.
    • CommentTimeFeb 20th, 2010 2:42am (Feb 20th 2010)

`ooohh yes NN now you are talking, don't get me started, why don't they notice it's empty hullloooo.
    • CommentAuthorhqtrev
    • CommentTimeFeb 20th, 2010 1:40pm (Feb 20th 2010)

Sorry mum for all those times.... wait.... no, it was DAD !!!

(I like cherry ripes)

(and pollywaffles... which began in 1937, and have only just ceased to exist)
    • CommentTimeFeb 21st, 2010 2:54pm (Feb 21st 2010)

Polly waffles..... wafer and marshmallow bars covered in chocolate.
    • CommentTimeFeb 21st, 2010 2:58pm (Feb 21st 2010)

Never heard of polly waffles! My lot don't leave the 'empties' in the cupboard, but don't tell anyone they've had the last of something either so it doesn't get replaced.
    • CommentTimeFeb 21st, 2010 3:06pm (Feb 21st 2010) edited

I tell you what NN its another world up there???? Polly Waffles :mellow:
    • CommentTimeFeb 21st, 2010 6:52pm (Feb 21st 2010)

DOWN there...:D
    • CommentAuthorhqtrev
    • CommentTimeFeb 22nd, 2010 3:50am (Feb 22nd 2010)

Hmmm.... just had a dangerous thought too big for my mind to cope with....

North and South are "up" and "down" in relation to what ? Where in the universe can you stand, knowing you are the right way up, and look at the earth's orientation ?

OK my head hurts now... I'll settle for the fact that all the maps were upside-down when they wrote the country's names on it, hahaha
    • CommentTimeFeb 22nd, 2010 6:31am (Feb 22nd 2010)

Struth, Trevor you have caught my insanity!!!!!

UK is 'up' to us in Oz and they say we are 'down' but to New Zealanders we is 'up' and they is 'down to us and ......the answer is divide by the number you first thought of, take away the sum of the first two primary numbers and the answer is...how long is a piece of string?:crazy:
    • CommentTimeFeb 22nd, 2010 11:51am (Feb 22nd 2010)

Where ever you are in UK it is always "UP" to London, even if you live south of it.
    • CommentTimeFeb 22nd, 2010 11:54am (Feb 22nd 2010)

I Googled and found this:-
    When astronauts look outside their window in space during a normal
    orbit, do they see the Earth from a north-south perspective (North
    Pole at top)? In other words, are they "right side up" in relationship
    to our normal view of Earth geography? If this is true, why is it
    true? Since space is a vacuum and with no gravity, should it matter
    whether they see the North Pole or South Pole "on top"? Or are they
    oriented towards a North Pole view simply because of convention? (That
    is, our Northern Hemispheric bias!)

There is another interesting view labeled oddly -"404"
    • CommentTimeFeb 22nd, 2010 4:53pm (Feb 22nd 2010)

Criky it does my head in just trying to get to grips with it all. Trust Trev to come up with something so deep. If it hurts his head thinking about it, it will probably fry my pea brain.
    I always thought of London as down when I was young cos we lived above it on the map. But my Nanna confused me with her "You always go up to the capital Ducky" I was too polite to argue about it and cos she lived in London thought she must have been right. When we went for a visit I used to try and see if the train went up a hill to get there cos that might have explained it. Ha ha.

Interesting comments Ollie.
    • CommentTimeFeb 22nd, 2010 6:33pm (Feb 22nd 2010)

We are on the top. Which is why Australians have to wear bicycle clips when it rains to stop the rain going up their trouser legs.
    • CommentTimeFeb 22nd, 2010 6:39pm (Feb 22nd 2010)

nice one CC what go,s on in that head of yours!!!!!!!!!!!!! :redface::shocked:
    • CommentTimeFeb 22nd, 2010 6:58pm (Feb 22nd 2010)

:kissing: Ha ha Good one Cc all sorted out in one nice easy lesson
    • CommentTimeFeb 22nd, 2010 10:55pm (Feb 22nd 2010)

Just to throw another thought in - I saw a progamme on Discovery Channel (so it MUST be true) that says magnetic north flips every so many multi-thousand years (don't remember how many!) Throws the world into chaos and they reckon its due again soon. :gasp:
    • CommentTimeFeb 23rd, 2010 2:37am (Feb 23rd 2010)

crikey then we will really be confusilated!!!
    • CommentTimeFeb 23rd, 2010 9:21am (Feb 23rd 2010)

Then us up at the North end will need Trev's bicycle clips on our pants.
    Though we will be South!!!
    • CommentTimeFeb 23rd, 2010 7:05pm (Feb 23rd 2010)

oh no now I am discombobulated again........
    • CommentTimeFeb 23rd, 2010 10:15pm (Feb 23rd 2010)

I wonder if we'll just wake up one day and be the other way around. It'll confuse the penguins!!
    • CommentTimeFeb 24th, 2010 12:05am (Feb 24th 2010)

I wake up very day back the front Kate and have to sort myself out hehehe!!!
    • CommentTimeFeb 24th, 2010 4:03pm (Feb 24th 2010)

That's because you live down under, cherub...WE wake up the right way up...:)
    • CommentTimeFeb 24th, 2010 7:58pm (Feb 24th 2010)

Thank goodness for that you have an uncanny way of sorting out the universe CC. I feel comfortable knowing you will sort it all out. Phew !!!
    • CommentAuthorhqtrev
    • CommentTimeFeb 25th, 2010 2:42am (Feb 25th 2010) edited

Consider that traditionally the meaning of "UP" is a direction of travel away from a point of origin to a destination higher, (relatively) than that of the origin. Here on Earth that means that the only trajectory possible is from Earth (origin) to
    space (destination). Since the Earth is spherical, if all individuls where to go "up" they will innevitably head away from Earth, all in different directions heading toward different destinations relative to which part of Earth was their origin.
    So, to traverse accross the surface of Earth would require substanially more lateral (left or right) movement than verticle (up or down).... unless climbing a verticle surface, in which case one would find themselves heading toward space, or "up".

Therefore CC, be careful when you get "up" in the morning, as you might find yourself spearing away from Earth in an "up" direction ! he he.
    • CommentTimeFeb 25th, 2010 5:57am (Feb 25th 2010)

hehehehehehehe!!!
    • CommentTimeFeb 25th, 2010 3:00pm (Feb 25th 2010)

Now I really have to go lay down after reading Trev's latest theory.
    • CommentTimeFeb 25th, 2010 5:44pm (Feb 25th 2010)

Posted By: hqtrevTherefore CC, be careful when you get "up" in the morning, as you might find yourself spearing away from Earth in an "up" direction ! he he!

You've met me, cherub; gravity ain't THAT strong...:rolling:
    • CommentTimeFeb 25th, 2010 10:29pm (Feb 25th 2010)

So - what we usually think of as 'up' is forward, and 'down' is backward. Shall I continue with this insult or would it be wise to stop now?! :D
    • CommentAuthorhqtrev
    • CommentTimeFeb 25th, 2010 10:37pm (Feb 25th 2010)

Well... "forward" is a direction you take when following your nose, so to speak. So.... if you were to go "up" with your body at a horizontal attitude in relation to the the ground (lying on your back), then indeed you would be moving "forward" at the same time as "up" !!!
    • CommentTimeFeb 25th, 2010 10:41pm (Feb 25th 2010)

I was thinking on my feet. And I sleep on my stomach, so if I go up when I'm asleep I'll be heading down to the centre of the earth. Ooo er!
    • CommentAuthorhqtrev
    • CommentTimeFeb 25th, 2010 10:48pm (Feb 25th 2010)

No... if in that position you go "up", you will indeed be travelling backwards toward outer space....hmmm I wonder if that is how time travel works...... because you will be going backwards away from earth, watching as the earth moves forward in time, hehe.
    • CommentTimeFeb 26th, 2010 7:52pm (Feb 26th 2010)

I think I need a lie down in a darkened room...:\
    • CommentTimeFeb 28th, 2010 5:11am (Feb 28th 2010)

and I need a gin and tonic...NOW!!!!!
    CC I promise I did not fill Trevs head with all this scientific Hoo Hah I promise, really he got it all by himself.
    • CommentTimeFeb 28th, 2010 12:25pm (Feb 28th 2010)

You sure he hasnt been taken over by an alien !!!!!
    • CommentAuthorTracyB
    • CommentTimeFeb 28th, 2010 3:02pm (Feb 28th 2010)

I've just read through the last few posts and don't know f I'm coming or going now, my headis spinning.
    • CommentTimeFeb 28th, 2010 6:37pm (Feb 28th 2010)

We're coming, they're going. I think...:drinkparty:
    • CommentTimeFeb 28th, 2010 8:59pm (Feb 28th 2010)

As long as gravity sticks your feet to the floor it won't matter which way up you are.
    • CommentTimeFeb 28th, 2010 11:47pm (Feb 28th 2010)

ha ha ha you are right, Trev was left on the doorstep and I always wondered where he came from NN !!!!
    • CommentTimeMar 1st, 2010 6:59pm (Mar 1st 2010)

Ha ha he was lucky it was your doorstep I am sure you all have a lovely life with each other.
    • CommentAuthorShobhna
    • CommentTimeMar 30th, 2010 1:49pm (Mar 30th 2010)

OMG !! I have just totally disorientated myself now.
    Now I don't know if I am coiming or going or been or gone.
    Oh Heck!! I have just met myself as well.
    (OK, where is that bottle of wine again !!)
    • CommentTimeMar 30th, 2010 5:04pm (Mar 30th 2010)

You been and went and gone but now you're back.
    Aren't you...?
    • CommentAuthorShobhna
    • CommentTimeApr 8th, 2010 1:21pm (Apr 8th 2010)

Ohhhhhh Yesssss (said like the Churchill dog) :-)
    • CommentTimeApr 8th, 2010 1:48pm (Apr 8th 2010)

What have you been up to love?
    Doing all those daft things that the Churchill dog does?
    • CommentAuthorShobhna
    • CommentTimeApr 9th, 2010 1:39pm (Apr 9th 2010)

Me...Iz been here and there.
    Went to the 'Mericas in December.
    The went to Seychelles.

but I know I have been and gone and met myself twice now.:turkeydance::turkeydance:

I have not even had any wine yet. Still at work.:hyper_chick:
    • CommentTimeAug 12th, 2010 6:56pm (Aug 12th 2010)

Kate, what's 'troach'? It seems to be Brum/Warwickshire for some sort of sweetie...it's in a novel I was reading.
    • CommentTimeAug 12th, 2010 9:22pm (Aug 12th 2010)

I think its like a throat sweet / herbal. My nan always had a supply of herbals and would refer to them as troach sometimes but I don't know if that's the proper type or a generalism.
    • CommentTimeAug 13th, 2010 7:11pm (Aug 13th 2010)

Ta! :)
    • CommentTimeAug 15th, 2010 9:03pm (Aug 15th 2010)

My grand daughter is asking how do chickens swim?

After some discussion we decided that they have little swim hats with a pair of goggles and armbands.
    They don't have flippers 'cos then folks would say they were ducks.
    • CommentTimeAug 15th, 2010 9:55pm (Aug 15th 2010)

Can they swim?! I guess they can float - maybe they just go with the flow and see where it takes them!!
    • CommentTimeAug 16th, 2010 10:23am (Aug 16th 2010)

Posted By: ollie in UKMy grand daughter is asking how do chickens swim?

Unfortunately, they don't!

A chicken can't swim, and will probably drown when it's feathers become water-logged... One of ours fell in the tiniest pond in our garden and scrabbled about until Scarlet rescued it!

I think it was Scarlet who told me the story about a broody chicken that had hatched ducks on a farm, and when the time came and the ducks naturally wanted to explore on the pond, the poor hen was frantic trying to call them to come back to safety and ended up having to be rescued! She didn't understand that they would be ok...
    • CommentTimeAug 16th, 2010 12:22pm (Aug 16th 2010)

Aw yeah, it was a little Silkie hen...

Hmmm. Eva fell in our pond because she didn't know what a pond was or that it was water. After I fished her out and dried her off she spent hours pecking the chickweed off her bald bum and eating it!

Sunny was on my shoulder and tried to fly down to the rest of the chicks, but failed and landed in the pond. We have that on video somewhere :P
    • CommentTimeAug 16th, 2010 10:43pm (Aug 16th 2010)

Ollie is right then - they definately need armbands!!! (or a rubber ring!)