Site Tag Cloud

CommentAuthorDianeonWhidbey
    • CommentTimeJan 27th, 2008 2:11am (Jan 27th 2008)

Along with cockroaches.
    • CommentTimeJan 27th, 2008 3:58am (Jan 27th 2008) edited

Photobucket

Go Obama!! Two big wins and two tiny losses! :D
    • CommentTimeJan 27th, 2008 12:45pm (Jan 27th 2008)

Ha ha!!!! What a great photo!! Diane remains anonymous and Holly looks like she's a sandwich board dog!!
    • CommentAuthorCake
    • CommentTimeJan 27th, 2008 12:53pm (Jan 27th 2008)

Nah, I reckon Holly looks like a clinton voter. You can just tell!
      CommentAuthorDianeonWhidbey
    • CommentTimeJan 27th, 2008 5:25pm (Jan 27th 2008)

LOL - Thank you Kate :D I couldn't believe it when I made that sign for her and she just wore it as a matter of course. She'll sit like that for 15 to 20 minutes!

And Cake - you know that COULD explain Holly's attitude (stoic) while we are out on a corner of the highway sign waving with the rest of the Obama crowd. Maybe she has secret yearnings that she feels too out numbered to express...
    • CommentAuthorjoannec
    • CommentTimeJan 27th, 2008 7:58pm (Jan 27th 2008)

Please can you tell me if you can see my pictures????

• CommentTimeJan 27th, 2008 9:12pm (Jan 27th 2008)

Yes, they're there - and they're lovely!
    • CommentTimeJan 27th, 2008 9:26pm (Jan 27th 2008)

Your pictures are darling, Joanne ..I love your cute kitty and what a beautiful dog! :thumbup:
    • CommentTimeJan 28th, 2008 7:49am (Jan 28th 2008) edited

Spring is definitely here! At least the birds think so. We saw these cool ones on our walk today.

Photobucket Kingfisher

PhotobucketCormorants
      CommentAuthorDianeonWhidbey
    • CommentTimeJan 28th, 2008 7:51am (Jan 28th 2008)

And look Wazza - we saw a Langley Police Car :P

Photobucket
      CommentAuthorDianeonWhidbey
    • CommentTimeJan 28th, 2008 7:52am (Jan 28th 2008)

Beautiful animals Jo!
    • CommentTimeJan 28th, 2008 9:55am (Jan 28th 2008)

What a gorgeous tabby cat!! Your dog looks very placid and gentle, and I assume that's your hens in the last one, investigating the garden! What are all their names?
      CommentAuthorwazza
    • CommentTimeJan 28th, 2008 12:21pm (Jan 28th 2008)

no longer a member

cool Dianne.... hey I loved the bird pics they were awsome
    • CommentTimeJan 28th, 2008 4:28pm (Jan 28th 2008)

sorry Diane, I forgot to comment on them - its being at work and having to post in secret!

They are great. We saw a cormorant when we went to Ireland. It was really big, much bigger than I expected. Excellent pics as always.
      CommentAuthorDianeonWhidbey
    • CommentTimeJan 28th, 2008 5:07pm (Jan 28th 2008)

Thank you Wazza! & Kate! Some day I'm going to invest in a proper camera. I have to do a lot of zooming and then editing to get close the the picture I want.
    • CommentTimeJan 28th, 2008 7:02pm (Jan 28th 2008)

The best shots are usually edited etc. Or loads of shots of the same thing taken to choose the best. You do a grand job!
      CommentAuthorDianeonWhidbey
    • CommentTimeJan 28th, 2008 7:40pm (Jan 28th 2008)

Awwww. :shamed:

Its just that what I'm really seeing is so much more amazing. I need a better lens. I shouldn't complain tho - at least I have the ability to edit. Digital photography really is pretty amazing. Yup, we can bracket shots as much as our hearts desire at no additional cost these days. Lovely technology.
    • CommentAuthorjoannec
    • CommentTimeJan 28th, 2008 8:34pm (Jan 28th 2008)

thanks guys im really proud of my babies. The hens are called Goldie and Specks and they have the whole run of the garden all day everyday, rex and tilly get on great with each other and the chooks, they must be happy cause they are still laying at least 1 a day havent stopped all winter. Diane where do you live to get pics like that....... im only used to robins, few pigeons and the occasional herron in my backgarden, great pics.
      CommentAuthorDianeonWhidbey
    • CommentTimeJan 28th, 2008 11:42pm (Jan 28th 2008)

Whidbey Island, in Washington State - USA Jo. (I have a pin in the Hencam Google Map.) I'm just up the road from Lynn.
    • CommentTimeJan 28th, 2008 11:48pm (Jan 28th 2008)

I never realised that Seattle was almost in Canada. Or should that be that Canada is almost in Seattle...whichever... A few months of Hencamming has taught me more geography than my grammar school education did!
      CommentAuthorDianeonWhidbey
    • CommentTimeJan 28th, 2008 11:58pm (Jan 28th 2008)

Same here! Yes, we are only about two hours away. Although I haven't been there in years. And even longer since I took the ferry from Anacortes to Vancouver Island. (Vancouver continent really - by the size of it!)
    • CommentTimeJan 29th, 2008 12:06am (Jan 29th 2008)

My ex boyfriend has gone to live in Canada. Ontario, I think.

Just the effect I have on men, I suppose! :)
      CommentAuthorDianeonWhidbey
    • CommentTimeJan 29th, 2008 1:44am (Jan 29th 2008)

I made all of you a new vid:

Ride the Ferry

Notice the wire off the back of the thing that I needed to guess at location-wise, with the camera up in front of my face. Yes, I actually risked my life for you!
    • CommentTimeJan 29th, 2008 2:29am (Jan 29th 2008)

It is a lovely trip across the sound..I always enjoyed riding the ferry. Thanks for making the video, Diane..it was KEWL!...and I'm glad you didn't fall overboard making it.:smile:
      CommentAuthorDianeonWhidbey
    • CommentTimeJan 29th, 2008 3:21am (Jan 29th 2008)

He he - thank you Lynn!
      CommentAuthorwazza
    • CommentTimeJan 29th, 2008 9:10am (Jan 29th 2008)

no longer a member

Loved the Vid Diane... next time get someone to hold it so you can give us all a wave
    • CommentTimeJan 29th, 2008 3:59pm (Jan 29th 2008)

I can't look at the vid at work so will have to remember its on this thread when I get home!
    • CommentTimeJan 29th, 2008 4:01pm (Jan 29th 2008)

Oooh, Kate's being naughty....TELLING!!!
    • CommentTimeJan 29th, 2008 4:03pm (Jan 29th 2008)

I go in about 15 mins so don't want to start anything new!!!
      CommentAuthorDianeonWhidbey
    • CommentTimeJan 29th, 2008 5:37pm (Jan 29th 2008)

Thank you Wazza! :kissing:
    • CommentTimeJan 29th, 2008 6:59pm (Jan 29th 2008)

I only commuted for 3 years to college in London, but your commute looks a lot pleasanter than mine! Holly looked worried; but then so would I if I were put in a car with the steering wheel on the wrong side...
      CommentAuthorDianeonWhidbey
    • CommentTimeJan 29th, 2008 7:16pm (Jan 29th 2008)

LOL. That's just the STARTING point for her worries... :P (Also just the starting point of the commute. Sigh.)
    • CommentTimeJan 29th, 2008 8:10pm (Jan 29th 2008)

At least you can take your dog to work with you!
    • CommentTimeJan 29th, 2008 11:07pm (Jan 29th 2008)

Looks very cold! Great vid though - thanks Diane!

My friend went to get petrol yesterday and when she went to pay the car alarm started going off so she turned around to see her dog sitting with her paws on the steering wheel and the horn beeping/lights flashing. The other people were giving her VERY strange looks!! (I think the dog's a better driver though!)
    • CommentTimeJan 30th, 2008 4:31am (Jan 30th 2008) edited

:D You are most welcome Kate! I'm very glad you liked it.

Ranger would always untie his lead when I left Holly & him in the car together during his visit with us. So, I'd walk back to the car to see him sitting in the driver's seat facing forward (clearly ready to take over) with Holly sitting behind him in the back. The Woof family.
      CommentAuthorwazza
    • CommentTimeJan 30th, 2008 8:55am (Jan 30th 2008)

no longer a member

Thanks for that delicious kiss Diane :heartsabove::hugging:
    • CommentTimeJan 30th, 2008 5:56pm (Jan 30th 2008) edited

A lady in a village near me was a driving instructor. She went into a shop, and her Newfoundland moved across to sit in her seat. The bloke in the shop laughed and said 'He can drive you home, then.'
    She went out, got in the PASSENGER seat and they drove off, with the bloke looking as though he were going to have a thrommy...until he clocked the little words on the back of the car reading 'Dual Control Vehicle'...!
    • CommentTimeJan 30th, 2008 6:39pm (Jan 30th 2008)

But she wouldn't have had a steering wheel her side would she?! Perhaps the dog was OK with the steering, just couldn't manage the pedals!
      CommentAuthorDianeonWhidbey
    • CommentTimeJan 30th, 2008 6:45pm (Jan 30th 2008)

Oh what a great story. I wish I could have seen that happening.
    • CommentAuthoroli in UK
    • CommentTimeJan 30th, 2008 7:09pm (Jan 30th 2008) edited

I saw one of those big US campervans the other day with a BABY in it's baby-seat on the driving side. Gave me quite a turn.
    • CommentTimeJan 30th, 2008 7:54pm (Jan 30th 2008)

God, yes; I saw one of those Lumbagos stop in the middle of Henley bridge...and then the bloke GOT OUT to take a picture!!! On a scale of 1 - 10, his popularity was about -3000 with the queue of traffic behind him...
      CommentAuthorDianeonWhidbey
    • CommentTimeJan 30th, 2008 11:29pm (Jan 30th 2008)

Where a driver should be sitting into a car is almost hard wired into our DNA at this point. Kind of amazing - evolutionarily speaking...
      CommentAuthorDianeonWhidbey
    • CommentTimeJun 7th, 2008 4:45am (Jun 7th 2008)

One of Holly's favorite hobbies is sniffing the dock at the Langley Marina.
    Photobucket

So, what is under there? Today I held my camera under the edge of the dock and clicked.
    Photobucket
      CommentAuthorDianeonWhidbey
    • CommentTimeJun 7th, 2008 4:47am (Jun 7th 2008)

Cute or what? These are some of the alpacas that live at Greenbank Farm (in Greenbank.)

A pack of 'pacas
    • CommentTimeJun 7th, 2008 4:49am (Jun 7th 2008) edited

CC's car has some to Mukilteo, Merika! :)

CC's car comes to Merika
      CommentAuthorAce
    • CommentTimeJun 7th, 2008 8:34am (Jun 7th 2008)

Its not CC's car. It is my car. It has my name on it. See it says Ace on the side.:)
    • CommentTimeJun 7th, 2008 2:29pm (Jun 7th 2008)

Great photos Diane - the alpacas are sooo cute!!

Ace - you should get on to the cops, your car's been stolen and shipped abroad. Its gotta be yours, like when you're little and your mom sews your name into your shirt, skirt, knickers, that sort of thing. This is the latest development!
    • CommentTimeJun 7th, 2008 2:32pm (Jun 7th 2008)

Yes, that's why I have my name and telephone number on the back of Arfur - so I can find him in car parks!
      CommentAuthorAce
    • CommentTimeJun 7th, 2008 3:31pm (Jun 7th 2008)

Ok where is Wazza today. I need to report a stolen car!:)
    • CommentTimeJun 7th, 2008 4:25pm (Jun 7th 2008)

Put the kettle on and open the biscuits. And wait...
    • CommentTimeJun 7th, 2008 5:51pm (Jun 7th 2008) edited

LOL - Ace thats SO funny. See the sign on the fence? The whole store is called "Ace." Its a hardware store and so common here that it didn't register for me that its your name. :D

Thanks Kate! See the white alpaca to the right? She has prominent buck teeth. The black one chases her off a lot. He's pretty but I think he's mean.
      CommentAuthorAce
    • CommentTimeJun 7th, 2008 6:51pm (Jun 7th 2008)

They named a hardware store after me. I'm honered!:D Oh and CC can we have choccy biccies then.:)
    • CommentTimeJun 7th, 2008 6:57pm (Jun 7th 2008)

Blimey - have I got to keep TWO of you in tea and biccies now?? :shocked:
      CommentAuthorwazza
    • CommentTimeJun 8th, 2008 8:46am (Jun 8th 2008)

no longer a member

Ace wazza is onto that stolen car right now... I need to meet up withyou and take down your particulars first LOL
      CommentAuthorAce
    • CommentTimeJun 8th, 2008 10:19am (Jun 8th 2008)

Lol Wazza! :D
    • CommentTimeJun 8th, 2008 5:07pm (Jun 8th 2008)

Don't go near him when he's in this sort of mood...! :)
      CommentAuthorAce
    • CommentTimeJun 8th, 2008 7:41pm (Jun 8th 2008)

Ok i won't.