Site Tag Cloud

21st advice album alert amazing animal animals area arrived aubree babies baby bad bald bam bath battery beautiful belated ben big bill bird birthday black bonfire bound box breed breeds british broken broody bull bun buy buying cage caged cam camera captions car care cat cc chicken chickens chook chooks christmas chucks clicker colour competition contact coop coops cornsnake council couple cruelty cutting dad day dead death decide derby diane diet dog dogs donna dresses drinking early easter eat eating egg eggbound eggs elvis emergency falcon falcons farm feather feathers feed feeding finally find fireworks first foggy for forum foundation free frog fun funny future garden girl girls goldie good goodbye gotcha great growing hagley hall hamster happy heavy helen hen hencam hens hike home horse house housing huge ideas improvements info inscription introduce introducing introduction james julie july jumper kasper kaspers kate late latest lathargic laying lead lee leeds leg lemon life likes london long lost love lovely lyle lynn machine mareks meet members merry mice milly mite morning moult mouse moving mums mystery nail nanny new news nice night noisy nook norths ollie online page pancake parrot party pecking peregrine personal pet pets photos pic pics pictures plants plus poland poorly positive post poultry production prom pumpkin purple quail questions rabbit rain rare rat recall red reds reinforcement remember renee rescue review rip ronston roof sad sale scarlet service shelled shirley shobhna show sids slightly slow snake sneezing snow soft spammers special spring staffordshire start stop terrier thomas thread ticket tilly time today tom training tree trev trevs uk update urgent valentines vegan vet visitors visits volka walk wanted warning webcam weekend welfare where wild wilsden winnie winter women woods work world wrong ya yay year yorkshire zoey zoeys 1 2 4 2010 2011 2012 2013 2014 2016

• CommentTimeFeb 23rd, 2009 6:56pm (Feb 23rd 2009) edited

I'm editing this first post to create a list of all birthdays, which either I, CC or my dad can modify whenever somebody else posts theirs...

4th January - Lizzie Sansing
    13th January - Caitlyn
    18th February - Trev
    9th March - CD (Matt)
    19th March - Sara
    20th March - Julie (Trev's Mum)
    25th March - Janice
    2nd of April - Tracy B and her sister :)
    7th of April - Jonny
    21st August - Peter16
    26th August - Wazza
    9th September - Stan Sansing
    29th September - Lynn
    2nd October - Vicki
    18th October - mine! :p
    19th October - Helen (mum)
    22nd October - Diane
    10th September - Neil (dad)
    8th December - Ollie
    9th December - Kate
    16th December - CW

Okay, this has taken aaaaaaages so forgive me if some of it is wrong :P

CC SAYS:
    "Would it be a monstrous pain in the posterior to have a little chart of birthdays somewhere please? One that we could add to, like we add our houses to the map? It'd be easier than scrolling up and down the various birthday threads..."
    • CommentTimeFeb 24th, 2009 1:41am (Feb 24th 2009)

This has been asked before, and unfortunately it would be a huge pain in the rear end...all i can think of is if somebody created a 'birthdays' thread, and then the creator of the thread / the admins could modify the first post each time somebody added their birthday to the thread...does that make sense?

That way people could still post and go off topic in the thread, but as long as the first post was kept up-to-date that's all people would need to look at to see when people's birthdays are.

Hope that makes sense :confused: ...
    • CommentTimeFeb 24th, 2009 7:55am (Feb 24th 2009)

That makes great sense Red.
    • CommentTimeFeb 24th, 2009 8:13am (Feb 24th 2009)

Sounds excellent Red as long as you or the creator dont mind the extra work.
    • CommentTimeFeb 24th, 2009 3:38pm (Feb 24th 2009)

That's brilliant, thanks Red! Trouble with being a technopillock is that I don't know what's practicable and what's not...:)
    • CommentAuthorhqtrev
    • CommentTimeFeb 25th, 2009 8:28am (Feb 25th 2009)

Good work !! Very well executed, and now that the hard work is done it should not need much upkeep... except that I change my birthday 5 times a year. Apart from that, only new additions need to be added from time to time.:001_smile:
    • CommentTimeFeb 25th, 2009 2:54pm (Feb 25th 2009)

It'll do for now i guess :)
      CommentAuthorChicken Drumstick
    • CommentTimeFeb 25th, 2009 11:03pm (Feb 25th 2009) edited

Can I be added to the birthday list please. 9th March (Matt) :frog3:
    • CommentTimeFeb 26th, 2009 12:52am (Feb 26th 2009)

Sorry, gotcha now ;)
      CommentAuthorJonny
    • CommentTimeFeb 26th, 2009 1:10am (Feb 26th 2009)

Next Birthday... CD!! How's the new job going CD?
      CommentAuthorJonny
    • CommentTimeFeb 26th, 2009 1:13am (Feb 26th 2009)

Oh dear.. I'm going to have to start planning me and CC's birthday bash soon...whatever will I WEAR!! :)
    • CommentTimeFeb 26th, 2009 6:34pm (Feb 26th 2009)

:woohoo:PURPLE!!!!:woohoo:
      CommentAuthorAce
    • CommentTimeFeb 26th, 2009 6:35pm (Feb 26th 2009)

BLUE!!!
    • CommentTimeFeb 27th, 2009 6:32pm (Feb 27th 2009)

Red...? :)
      CommentAuthorAce
    • CommentTimeFeb 27th, 2009 6:32pm (Feb 27th 2009)

BLUE?! hehe
    • CommentTimeFeb 27th, 2009 7:48pm (Feb 27th 2009)

It's MY...er, OUR birthday, and I say PURPLE! You cxan be blue on your birthday, Acie...though that'd be sad...:)
    • CommentTimeFeb 28th, 2009 1:11am (Feb 28th 2009) edited

Purple it is CC (besides Red+Blue=PURPLE)...what an odd word...must look up it's etymology!
    • CommentTimeFeb 28th, 2009 1:13am (Feb 28th 2009) edited

Zoinks...

Wikipedia:
    The word 'purple' comes from the Old English word purpul which originates from the Latin purpura. This in turn is derived from the Koine Greek ??????? (porphyra), name of the dye manufactured in Classical antiquity from the mucus-secretion of the hypobranchial gland of a marine snail known as the Murex brandaris or the spiny dye-murex.

The first recorded use of the word 'purple' in English was in the year AD 975.
    • CommentTimeFeb 28th, 2009 6:34pm (Feb 28th 2009)

I remember it well....:D
    • CommentTimeFeb 28th, 2009 6:56pm (Feb 28th 2009)

Ahh so you are an 'old soul' too CC, me too!
    I think I was an Egyptian in the time of Ramses, I used to wear purple then too and loved plums!!!! he he he.
    Purple definitely, I had a purple theme for my 50th birthday CC , everyone had to wear something purple and we had purple and gold balloons....and we ate purple food (no not really cos purple pasta didn't look too appetising).
      CommentAuthorAce
    • CommentTimeFeb 28th, 2009 6:57pm (Feb 28th 2009)

Posted By: chief chickenIt's MY...er, OUR birthday, and I say PURPLE! You cxan be blue on your birthday, Acie.

Deal! :)
    • CommentTimeFeb 28th, 2009 7:44pm (Feb 28th 2009)

Posted By: Trevs Mum

Wow, what an eggcellent idea, Julie; I'll be 50 in...um...2011. I might do that...specially to the friends who hate purple! :D
    I have a card you'd like, Julie; it says 'I was feeling blue...so I drank a bottle of red wine...now I'm PURPLE!!'
    • CommentTimeMar 3rd, 2009 4:58am (Mar 3rd 2009)

ha ha ha CC, love it, I'm off to open a bootle immediately!!!!!:drunk:
      CommentAuthorTori
    • CommentTimeMar 9th, 2009 7:17pm (Mar 9th 2009)

hehe I only just came across this thread because Im a veryy sloow reader and stuffs and woo its a grrreeeattt idea !! =L
      CommentAuthorDianeonWhidbey
    • CommentTimeMar 10th, 2009 4:24pm (Mar 10th 2009)

Who could possibly hate purple??? :shocked:
    • CommentTimeMar 10th, 2009 5:08pm (Mar 10th 2009)

A very, very sick person, Diane. I feel sorry for them...*shakes head sadly*
    • CommentAuthorhqtrev
    • CommentTimeMar 11th, 2009 6:36am (Mar 11th 2009)

My car is purple !!! :cool:
      CommentAuthorAce
    • CommentTimeMar 11th, 2009 8:19am (Mar 11th 2009)

YAY! What car have ya got, Trev?
    • CommentAuthorhqtrev
    • CommentTimeMar 12th, 2009 10:54am (Mar 12th 2009)

If you go to "Trevs Tales" thread, on page 9 there is a picture of it... although it looks a little more blue than it is in real life. It is a Ford Fairlane (fairlanes were built longer than standard, with more leg room in the back) built in 1981. It has a 5.7 litre V8 engine, which makes a lot of noise :cool:
      CommentAuthorAce
    • CommentTimeMar 12th, 2009 2:34pm (Mar 12th 2009) edited

Oh cool! *goes and checks it out*

edit: Wow, that is one cool car! ;)
      CommentAuthorAce
    • CommentTimeMar 20th, 2009 5:44pm (Mar 20th 2009) edited

HAPPY BIRTHDAY JULIE!
    :aparty1::bdayparty::bdayhappy_balloons::_party:
    • CommentTimeMar 20th, 2009 6:35pm (Mar 20th 2009)

Have a very purple birthdayt...:D
    • CommentTimeMar 20th, 2009 6:53pm (Mar 20th 2009)

Thank you very much, hic, hic (too much cake) hic, hic.
    • CommentTimeMar 20th, 2009 7:05pm (Mar 20th 2009)

:_party: :bdayparty: :aparty1:
    :heart:
    • CommentTimeMar 20th, 2009 7:06pm (Mar 20th 2009)

Thanks Red, it must be lovely to be back home with family, including the animals too of course.
    • CommentTimeMar 20th, 2009 11:13pm (Mar 20th 2009)

Happy birthday TM! Though its probably over by now - must be Saturday in your part of the world already!
    • CommentTimeMar 21st, 2009 3:14am (Mar 21st 2009)

Thanks Kate, just been out for Saturday lunch with friends, celebration is just going on and on!!!:boogie:
      CommentAuthorDianeonWhidbey
    • CommentTimeMar 21st, 2009 5:01am (Mar 21st 2009)

I came on just to say HAPPY BIRTHDAY JULIE! Am I too late? What day is it? What time? Where am I?

!HAPPY BIRTHDAY DOWN UNDER!

:_party::_party::_party::_party::_party::_party::_party::_party:
    • CommentTimeMar 21st, 2009 6:38am (Mar 21st 2009)

I think I put mine in the wrong thread, Julie. I hope you had a terrific birthday.
    LW_HBD-Julie.jpg
    • CommentTimeMar 21st, 2009 11:29am (Mar 21st 2009)

It's okay, Lynn, she just got two special birthday messages from you :bigsmile:
      CommentAuthorVictoria
    • CommentTimeMar 21st, 2009 1:21pm (Mar 21st 2009)

Happy birthday for yesterday, Julie.
    ...Or happy Birthday Weekend:_party:
    • CommentTimeMar 21st, 2009 5:16pm (Mar 21st 2009)

Julie, spin it out as long as you can; I had a birthday that went on for two months one year...:drinkparty:
    • CommentTimeMar 21st, 2009 10:51pm (Mar 21st 2009)

Thanks so much everyone I am having a lovely time this weekend. We are off for a week on Monday to a lovely little holiday house by the ocean on the edge of a cliff (almost) right next to a light house.
    • CommentTimeMar 22nd, 2009 3:16pm (Mar 22nd 2009)

That'll be confusing...'It's morning...no it's not...yes it is...no it's not...'
    • CommentTimeMar 22nd, 2009 9:51pm (Mar 22nd 2009)

:rollonfloorlaughing:ha ha ha CC never thought of that, better take all my blackout curtains with us.
    • CommentAuthorfrogdust
    • CommentTimeMar 25th, 2009 4:03am (Mar 25th 2009)

Hey ! Add me to the updated list. my birthday is May the 2nd
    • CommentTimeMar 26th, 2009 2:13am (Mar 26th 2009)

Done ;)
      CommentAuthorJonny
    • CommentTimeMar 26th, 2009 2:17am (Mar 26th 2009)

Hey Red...I'm BEFORE CC... :) Silly Vodka!
    • CommentTimeMar 26th, 2009 2:19am (Mar 26th 2009)

Sorry, my mistake. Sorted!

Posted By: JonnySilly Vodka!

Ugh, don't talk to me about vodka... :beurk:
      CommentAuthorJonny
    • CommentTimeMar 26th, 2009 2:20am (Mar 26th 2009)

But Red..Vodka is the purest of pure...
      CommentAuthorJonny
    • CommentTimeMar 26th, 2009 2:24am (Mar 26th 2009)

Stolichnaya?? Moskovskaya??
      CommentAuthorJonny
    • CommentTimeMar 26th, 2009 2:25am (Mar 26th 2009)

Hey CC..what shall we have for our transcontinental birthday??
    • CommentTimeMar 26th, 2009 2:25am (Mar 26th 2009)

Vodka is evil, I have learnt my lesson :)

And hey, I'm a uni student, it's Sainsbury's own brand all the way :rolling:
      CommentAuthorJonny
    • CommentTimeMar 26th, 2009 2:34am (Mar 26th 2009)

Russian vodka is the only way to go...

Pshenichnaya, Stolichnaya, Moskovskaya...
    • CommentTimeMar 26th, 2009 6:19pm (Mar 26th 2009)

Sorry, I do local beer, not voddy. Not since a slight contretemps with Polish vodka in 1981 - Rebellion here I come!!
    Actually, to be veeeeeeeeery serious for a moment, I think that we ought to get in training. Don't want our livers to go into shock, do we?
    Now, where's my pint glass....
      CommentAuthorJonny
    • CommentTimeMar 26th, 2009 8:52pm (Mar 26th 2009)

A pint of Guinness for me please!
    • CommentTimeApr 6th, 2009 10:10pm (Apr 6th 2009) edited

:aparty1:IT'S JONNY'S BIRTHDAY!!!!!!!!
    well it is here in Oz anyway, good morning Jonny! Have a very happy day and many more to follow.
    :bdayparty:
    here you are then one pint :cheers2: of Guinness
    :bdayhappy_balloons:
      CommentAuthorJonny
    • CommentTimeApr 7th, 2009 5:42am (Apr 7th 2009)

Thanks TM! The 44 today (as of 37 minutes ago)! Woot-woot!

I'm afraid I'll miss CC birthday tomorrow (8th), as someone is cooking me dinner tomorrow after work.

So happy early birthday to CC!

Well I'll be on in the morning here on the 8th..so it will be noon time-ish over there, so I won't miss it totally... thats the problem with transatlantic time-crossing birthdays..sigh...
    • CommentTimeApr 7th, 2009 9:23am (Apr 7th 2009)

:_party::drinkparty:Happy birthday Jonny have a great time xx
      CommentAuthorVictoria
    • CommentTimeApr 7th, 2009 5:50pm (Apr 7th 2009)

Happy Birthday Jonny!
    :bdayhappy_balloons:
    • CommentTimeApr 7th, 2009 7:44pm (Apr 7th 2009)

Have a good one, cherub! :flowers:
    • CommentTimeApr 7th, 2009 11:59pm (Apr 7th 2009)

Have a great birthday Jonny!
    :bdayparty: :bdaycake: :bdaycake:
    • CommentTimeApr 8th, 2009 2:54am (Apr 8th 2009)

Its CC's birthday today, have a lovely day and lots of Gin and tonic with a slice of lime.
    :bdayparty:
    :aparty1:
    :bdayhappy_balloons:
    :bdaycake:
    :biggrinjester:
    :drunk:
    :cheers2:
    :dance::hurray::boogie::_party:
    :drinkparty::crazy:
    :heartsabove:
    Thank you for bringing so much laughter and fun to hencam!
    • CommentTimeApr 8th, 2009 8:02am (Apr 8th 2009)

Happy birthday CC have a super day:_party::bow_flowers::drinkparty::woohoo:
    • CommentTimeApr 8th, 2009 6:20pm (Apr 8th 2009)

Thanks everyone! Kathleen the Pig Rider bought me some little yellow ducksa to freeze and put in my G&T. She (rightly) thought I'd like them because they don't dilute it! :D
    • CommentAuthorShobhna
    • CommentTimeApr 15th, 2009 1:42pm (Apr 15th 2009)

can my birthday be added to that list please.
    mine is 8th May

thanks
    • CommentTimeApr 15th, 2009 6:30pm (Apr 15th 2009)

Ooo! Not long now!
    • CommentTimeApr 15th, 2009 8:53pm (Apr 15th 2009) edited

Done ;)
    • CommentTimeApr 15th, 2009 9:41pm (Apr 15th 2009)

Mine isn't until early December.

As I grew up I noticed some of my extended family acknowledged birthday and Christmas in one mailing rather than separating, not a thing to do to a kiddie.
    I found it distressing.

So now I do like the Queen does and have a special birthday on June 8th to balance.
    • CommentAuthorShobhna
    • CommentTimeApr 16th, 2009 7:47am (Apr 16th 2009)

thanks Red.

I'm hoping to have a bit of a get-together.
    I love celebrating birthdays
    basically, I love having get-togethers anyway so birthdays are just excuses for yet antoher big cook-up and wine drinking session.:grubby_duck:
    • CommentTimeApr 16th, 2009 6:47pm (Apr 16th 2009)

Posted By: ollie in UK

Snotfair!!! I want 2 birthdays!!!:cry:
    • CommentAuthorShobhna
    • CommentTimeApr 17th, 2009 8:33am (Apr 17th 2009)

My Mum has 2 birthdays.
    one in March and one in July.
    • CommentTimeApr 17th, 2009 10:33pm (Apr 17th 2009)

Watching tv prog on transplants.
    This recipient has two birthdays.
    The second one is for the day she got her new heart.
    I was quite touched..

Hope you are all registered to recycle yourselves..
    (Think I'll put that onto the recycle site!)
      CommentAuthorJonny
    • CommentTimeApr 18th, 2009 12:03am (Apr 18th 2009)

Yep..at least its on my Health Card....
    • CommentTimeApr 18th, 2009 1:42pm (Apr 18th 2009)

Anyone who wants my second-hand bits is welcome to 'em. I don't think they'll be much use though!
    On second thoughts, alcohol is a preservative, innit? :)
      CommentAuthorhello people=p
    • CommentTimeApr 22nd, 2009 8:02pm (Apr 22nd 2009)

yay i got added onto the birthday list! oo my birthdays close woo im having a sleepover!:woohoo:
    • CommentAuthorShobhna
    • CommentTimeApr 24th, 2009 1:23pm (Apr 24th 2009)

CC..alcohol is defo. a preservative. I'm trying to make sure I keep my heart in tip-top condition with plenty of red wine.
    • CommentAuthorShobhna
    • CommentTimeApr 24th, 2009 1:24pm (Apr 24th 2009)

Ohhh...I remember sleepovers from my younger days. never used to sleep much but it was still called a sleepover. :-)
    • CommentTimeApr 24th, 2009 7:00pm (Apr 24th 2009)

When I was at my friend's house and her brat was having a sleepover we decided it ought to be called a Shriekover...:\
      CommentAuthorhello people=p
    • CommentTimeApr 27th, 2009 6:56pm (Apr 27th 2009)

lol we're havin it in a tent! woo!
      CommentAuthorJonny
    • CommentTimeApr 28th, 2009 12:14am (Apr 28th 2009)

"Go to sleep!!! It's 3 in the b***Y mornin'..ahhhhh"

"Tee-hee-hee..shh.shhh..be quiet for a while!........ha-ha-ha-ha-hee-hee"

Ahh - I remember it well!! :)
    • CommentTimeApr 28th, 2009 6:34pm (Apr 28th 2009)

Are we talking about your birthday, Jonny? The one just gone? :D
      CommentAuthorDianeonWhidbey
    • CommentTimeJul 3rd, 2009 6:17pm (Jul 3rd 2009)

We need to add Dennis on here: July 01, 09. ;)
    • CommentTimeJul 3rd, 2009 6:18pm (Jul 3rd 2009)

Good thinking, Batman; the first (human) Hencam baby.
    • CommentTimeJul 5th, 2009 1:47am (Jul 5th 2009)

I just finished watching Batman - my mum and dad dropped out halfway through :)
    • CommentTimeJul 5th, 2009 1:48am (Jul 5th 2009)

1st July has been added...
    • CommentAuthorTracyB
    • CommentTimeJul 8th, 2009 6:37pm (Jul 8th 2009)

Mines 2nd April (no comments about just missing April Fools Day). I have a twin, she was born first, with me 7 minutes behind. :-)
    • CommentTimeJul 8th, 2009 7:04pm (Jul 8th 2009)

Added you to the list ;)
    • CommentTimeJul 8th, 2009 11:03pm (Jul 8th 2009)

Tracy, mine's the 8th of April - my brother STILL says I was born a week late...:\
    • CommentAuthorhqtrev
    • CommentTimeJul 10th, 2009 9:46am (Jul 10th 2009)

So were you.... born a week late?
    • CommentTimeJul 10th, 2009 2:33pm (Jul 10th 2009) edited

I'll smack your legs...:kick:
      CommentAuthorDianeonWhidbey
    • CommentTimeJul 10th, 2009 5:40pm (Jul 10th 2009)

Hmmm. A British threat combined with, clearly, a Merkin vanillicon...
    • CommentTimeJul 10th, 2009 5:53pm (Jul 10th 2009)

Well, I suppose I could've threatened to kick his a*se...but I'm a lady...:rolling:
    • CommentAuthorhqtrev
    • CommentTimeJul 11th, 2009 2:56am (Jul 11th 2009)

Haha, sorry.... just thought the question had to be asked.
      CommentAuthorDianeonWhidbey
    • CommentTimeJul 11th, 2009 3:49am (Jul 11th 2009)

So glad it was. :D
    • CommentTimeJul 11th, 2009 12:45pm (Jul 11th 2009)

happy Birthday Nanny North for July 6th and glad to see you are back:drinkparty::_party::thumbup:
    • CommentTimeJul 11th, 2009 7:43pm (Jul 11th 2009)

• CommentAuthorShobhna
    • CommentTimeJul 13th, 2009 2:00pm (Jul 13th 2009)

Happy Birthday Nanny North
    • CommentTimeJul 19th, 2009 2:35am (Jul 19th 2009)

• CommentTimeAug 11th, 2009 2:11pm (Aug 11th 2009)

:_party::aparty2::drinkparty:HAPPY BIRTHDAY VICTORIA for yesterday, I hope you had a real good time