• CommentTimeFeb 24th, 2009 1:22am (Feb 24th 2009) edited

CW had the brilliant idea of inventing a thread where you posted a photo (a pet, random animal, anything!) and then added a sentence or thought that suited the pic...you could edit the photo to add a speech bubble or just write the text under the photo, it doesn't really matter!

I think it's a great idea, koala pics from the other thread are also welcome :)
    • CommentTimeFeb 24th, 2009 1:25am (Feb 24th 2009) edited

I'll get the ball rolling...

Patch 2
    "Me, trying to escape?!? Never! I was just...um...admiring the view!!"

playing Ellie
    "Butbutbutbutbut...I'm camera shy!"

Eva
    "D'you mind, i'm kind of trying to eat here..."

;)
    • CommentAuthorhqtrev
    • CommentTimeFeb 24th, 2009 7:12am (Feb 24th 2009)

Excellent Red !! This will be fun.
    I couldn't really think of a cat-tion for this one. But how about "Catmin..?"

Photobucket
    • CommentTimeFeb 27th, 2009 6:34pm (Feb 27th 2009) edited

:thumbup: Yes!

I'll get some new pics of the girls for this thread, if i can manage my dad's HUGE camera with one hand!
    • CommentTimeFeb 27th, 2009 7:54pm (Feb 27th 2009)

Catnip catnap... Is that your cat, CD? Beautiful...:)
      CommentAuthorVictoria
    • CommentTimeFeb 28th, 2009 11:33am (Feb 28th 2009)

Cringe.
      CommentAuthorJonny
    • CommentTimeFeb 28th, 2009 5:13pm (Feb 28th 2009)

Cat on a hot manilla 'vlope
    • CommentTimeFeb 28th, 2009 7:02pm (Feb 28th 2009)

What a boodiful sweet puddy cat CD.

I like yours Victoria I think that is quite funny...don't cringe!
    • CommentTimeMar 3rd, 2009 12:59am (Mar 3rd 2009)

Posted By: VictoriaI've been trying to think of a caption for that cat picture, and all I've got are some dreadful puns, like "I've fallen asleep on an Envelope but I'll wake up in a Jiffy."
    Cringe.

That made me laugh! :rolling:
      CommentAuthorVictoria
    • CommentTimeMar 3rd, 2009 7:53pm (Mar 3rd 2009)

Cindyhen

Have a photo to give a caption to. This is where she sleeps, by the way.
    • CommentTimeMar 3rd, 2009 8:55pm (Mar 3rd 2009)

Neighbourhood Watch...
    • CommentAuthorfrogdust
    • CommentTimeMar 4th, 2009 6:01am (Mar 4th 2009)

How funny ! she likes the juniper bush better than a coop? what is her name?
    LOL! One step further and I will shoot you with my lazer stare of death!
      CommentAuthorVictoria
    • CommentTimeMar 4th, 2009 8:20pm (Mar 4th 2009)

There are 5 other hens that sleep in the same hedge, naughty flighty bantams. One of the big hens joined them until it got cold - she was up there earlier thinking about doing it again, but sensibly chose to go in the shed.
    • CommentAuthorfrogdust
    • CommentTimeMar 5th, 2009 5:51am (Mar 5th 2009)

• CommentAuthorhqtrev
    • CommentTimeMar 5th, 2009 9:35am (Mar 5th 2009)

Photobucket
    • CommentTimeMar 5th, 2009 10:19am (Mar 5th 2009)

Posted By: frogdustYears ago i had a bantam hen who insisted on comeing in the house and laying her eggs on top of my corner china hutch.I had hand raised her in the house untill she was about 4 months old, her mother decided to lay a cluch of eggs in november and they hatched out in the coldest time of the year. it was a freak thing ! I never heard of such a thing. when she started to lay she wanted to lay in the house.She was a pet so I indulged her. the dailey routin was she would come to the kichen door and cackle and I would open the door and she would run up to the china hutch and I would put her up there in about 20 min she would cluck and hopp down and run to the door to be let out.she was the sweetest little thing no bigger than a dove.It do not surprise me at all that they have picked a wierd place to sleep. That is just part of the charm of haveing them

That's the funniest / cutest story ever!
    • CommentTimeMar 5th, 2009 5:02pm (Mar 5th 2009)

Sage & Onion presented me with chicks on December the first one year, Froggie. I fretted myself to bits worrying about them, but she reared them all right. Though the scraggy one got separated from the others and had to be revived by half an hour down my bra! Stunted him for life...
    • CommentTimeMar 5th, 2009 5:11pm (Mar 5th 2009)

:o
    • CommentTimeMar 5th, 2009 5:11pm (Mar 5th 2009)

Yes, that's more or less the expression he had on his face, Red...
    • CommentTimeMar 5th, 2009 5:14pm (Mar 5th 2009)

Pooey Bra!!!
    • CommentTimeMar 5th, 2009 5:17pm (Mar 5th 2009)

HOW VERY DARE YOU???? He was probably overwhelmed by White Musk!! I might be scruffy, but I'm clean...:D
    • CommentTimeMar 5th, 2009 11:59pm (Mar 5th 2009)

I'm just lost for words!
    • CommentAuthorfrogdust
    • CommentTimeMar 6th, 2009 4:30am (Mar 6th 2009)

Bwahhahaha! hooho! I thought I was the only one that thought of that. what better place to stick a cold baby than in your bra? for those of us who are.... um well endowed it is a perfect place.
    the little chick woke up and tought he was in heaven.
    how is the little fella now?

OH Oh! POOR RED! we have scard her for life with that imadge!LOL you never in you wildest dreams would have thought of that use .

Ollie- LOL i hear you ! i HATE WEARING THEM.

Trev- the little one looks like my cotton's eggs. they are the size of a ping- pong ball.
    • CommentTimeMar 6th, 2009 12:42pm (Mar 6th 2009)

I don't wear bra's
    My "fillings" are in the bin round the back of the hospital.
    It is a lovely release as I was on the large side and always had bra probs anyway.
    • CommentTimeMar 6th, 2009 6:56pm (Mar 6th 2009) edited

Posted By: frogdustthe little chick woke up and thought he was in heaven.
    how is the little fella now?

Well regrettably, he IS in heaven now, Froggie. Not because of living down my bra, but because of a halfwitted yuppie Londoner who couldn't control his dog...:( A short life, but a merry one...:rip::Angel_anim:
    • CommentTimeMar 6th, 2009 11:18pm (Mar 6th 2009)

Awww CC, that brings a real tear to my eye.
    Did you get his dog with the first shot???
    • CommentAuthorfrogdust
    • CommentTimeMar 7th, 2009 5:37am (Mar 7th 2009)

:bighug: OH NO! I remeber you talking about that ! I am so sorry CC!

Ollie- yes i agree! I scandelize my daughter all the time ! SHe yells at me about my free range boobies!:loco: LOL and she tells me she is the free spiret in the family! Kids ! Sheesh just were do they think they got the ideas from? certinaly not the thin air.
    • CommentTimeMar 7th, 2009 6:02pm (Mar 7th 2009)

There's a wonderful greetings card available here, Froggie, that says 'If you're not embarrassing your children, you're obviously not enjoying yourself.' :)
    • CommentTimeMar 7th, 2009 9:38pm (Mar 7th 2009)

Once again all i can say is: :o :o :o
    • CommentAuthorfrogdust
    • CommentTimeMar 7th, 2009 9:41pm (Mar 7th 2009) edited

oh that is a riot ! I can identify whith that statment! Ya! at 19 she does not know every thing just yet! :he:
    • CommentAuthorfrogdust
    • CommentTimeMar 7th, 2009 9:54pm (Mar 7th 2009) edited

:woohoo: Oh Red ! Poor dearey! I bet you never thought a bunch of old gals could raise the dust as much as we do ! Heheh ! it is a brand new worldand the real fun is just starting.Welcome to the sister hood !:crazy:
      CommentAuthorChicken Drumstick
    • CommentTimeMar 12th, 2009 10:01pm (Mar 12th 2009)

Photobucket
    • CommentTimeMar 12th, 2009 11:14pm (Mar 12th 2009)

Beautiful CD! :heartsabove:
    • CommentAuthorfrogdust
    • CommentTimeMar 13th, 2009 6:54am (Mar 13th 2009)

Ooo what a lovely mix of eggs! Very pretty ! They are all diferent shapes too !
    • CommentTimeMar 13th, 2009 6:44pm (Mar 13th 2009)

Is the pointy one a racing streamlined egg?
      CommentAuthorVictoria
    • CommentTimeMar 13th, 2009 7:05pm (Mar 13th 2009)

The big egg looks quite incredibly like the top of the 'Gherkin' in London. In a weird, eggy way.
    • CommentTimeMar 13th, 2009 7:08pm (Mar 13th 2009)

Blimey, you're right! :rolling: Says a lot about modern architecture...
      CommentAuthorChicken Drumstick
    • CommentTimeMar 13th, 2009 10:22pm (Mar 13th 2009)

Photobucket
    Photobucket
    Photobucket
    Photobucket
    • CommentAuthorfrogdust
    • CommentTimeMar 14th, 2009 12:39am (Mar 14th 2009)

Aaaaa! you are all too clever ! I love the morphing ! too kool C.D !:045:
    • CommentTimeMar 14th, 2009 4:27am (Mar 14th 2009)

oh CD you are just so clever, that looks so funny.
    • CommentTimeMar 14th, 2009 3:57pm (Mar 14th 2009)

CD, that is hilarious! And well spotted Victoria too! :rolling:
    • CommentAuthorfrogdust
    • CommentTimeMar 14th, 2009 4:51pm (Mar 14th 2009)

what a beautiful building! It looks like a Fabraje egg.
    • CommentTimeMar 14th, 2009 6:37pm (Mar 14th 2009)

No, it looks like a Gherkin, Froggie, that's why everyone calls it The Gherkin! :) I don't know what the real name is - something pretentious I expect...
    CD you're a genius!
    • CommentTimeMar 29th, 2009 8:17pm (Mar 29th 2009) edited

funny penny
    "You're going to make me look stupid, aren't you?"
    (finally got that close-up photo i've been promising for ages to show you all her orange feathers!)

me and milly
    Snuggle time :kissing:
    • CommentTimeMar 29th, 2009 9:53pm (Mar 29th 2009)

Those two pics bring a tear to my eye.
    They are just so sweet.
    • CommentTimeMar 31st, 2009 6:08am (Mar 31st 2009)

Awwww...Red, I just LOVE that pic of you and Milly..she looks so pleased to have you hold her...and Penny just looks darling looking up at you like that. ( the caption is great!!..LOL )
    • CommentTimeMar 31st, 2009 12:26pm (Mar 31st 2009)

Thanks - I'm sure if Penny could see that photo she wouldn't appreciate it :D
      CommentAuthorJonny
    • CommentTimeMar 31st, 2009 11:59pm (Mar 31st 2009)

Penny has orange feathers?? I never noticed!
    • CommentTimeApr 1st, 2009 5:58pm (Apr 1st 2009)

Yes, on her chest. Looks like a copper penny, that'sa how I manage to tell 'em apart. If Penny's at the right angle, which she never is! :(
    • CommentTimeApr 1st, 2009 9:19pm (Apr 1st 2009)

Posted By: JonnyPenny has orange feathers?? I never noticed!

:o :o :o
      CommentAuthorJonny
    • CommentTimeApr 3rd, 2009 5:42am (Apr 3rd 2009)

Posted By: Red
    Posted By: JonnyPenny has orange feathers?? I never noticed!

:x:x:x

No really!... I would have gone 'ooooh..pretty penny-henny!'
    • CommentAuthorfrogdust
    • CommentTimeApr 20th, 2009 6:15am (Apr 20th 2009)

Instead of a "Boy and his Dog " it is a
    'Girl and her Hen"
    • CommentTimeMay 3rd, 2009 4:57pm (May 3rd 2009)

duck!
    "Stop waving the camera at me and give me foooood!!"
    • CommentTimeMay 3rd, 2009 5:15pm (May 3rd 2009)

oh she is a lovely duck and so friendly I think she is saying "Eh up mi duck, wass for snap"
    • CommentAuthorShobhna
    • CommentTimeMay 6th, 2009 1:41pm (May 6th 2009)

Mrs Duck is saying "why are these people sitting on my bit of land?"
    • CommentTimeMay 6th, 2009 4:24pm (May 6th 2009)

She might be saying "Crikey I hope they dont leave any runny poo"