Site Tag Cloud

21st advice album alert amazing animal animals area arrived aubree babies baby bad bald bam bath battery beautiful belated ben big bill bird birthday black bonfire bound box breed breeds british broken broody bull bun buy buying cage caged cam camera captions car care cat cc chicken chickens chook chooks christmas chucks clicker colour competition contact coop coops cornsnake council couple cruelty cutting dad day dead death decide derby diane diet dog dogs donna dresses drinking early easter eat eating egg eggbound eggs elvis emergency falcon falcons farm feather feathers feed feeding finally find fireworks first foggy for forum foundation free frog fun funny future garden girl girls goldie good goodbye gotcha great growing hagley hall hamster happy heavy helen hen hencam hens hike home horse house housing huge ideas improvements info inscription introduce introducing introduction james julie july jumper kasper kaspers kate late latest lathargic laying lead lee leeds leg lemon life likes london long lost love lovely lyle lynn machine mareks meet members merry mice milly mite morning moult mouse moving mums mystery nail nanny new news nice night noisy nook norths ollie online page pancake parrot party pecking peregrine personal pet pets photos pic pics pictures plants plus poland poorly positive post poultry production prom pumpkin purple quail questions rabbit rain rare rat recall red reds reinforcement remember renee rescue review rip ronston roof sad sale scarlet service shelled shirley shobhna show sids slightly slow snake sneezing snow soft spammers special spring staffordshire start stop terrier thomas thread ticket tilly time today tom training tree trev trevs uk update urgent valentines vegan vet visitors visits volka walk wanted warning webcam weekend welfare where wild wilsden winnie winter women woods work world wrong ya yay year yorkshire zoey zoeys 1 2 4 2010 2011 2012 2013 2014 2016

• CommentTimeApr 4th, 2009 4:57pm (Apr 4th 2009)

Potentially a very easy question and just me being stupid, but...

Does anyone know if you can turn the sound off the cam whilst you are watching it? Because i leave the chucks on whilst i work and listen to music, and it's quite disconcerting to hear chickens screaming at your whilst you're listening to a song :P

Thank you anyone who can help!
    • CommentTimeApr 4th, 2009 5:15pm (Apr 4th 2009)

My lapdog has a pic of a speaker on the strip at the bottom of the screen where the time is. If I put the arrow thing on that and press, it pops up with a volume thing and a little box to tick if you want to mute it.
    Stop me if I'm getting too technical...
    • CommentAuthorRonald
    • CommentTimeApr 4th, 2009 7:07pm (Apr 4th 2009)

Yes Red, Move your mouse curser arrow over the HenCam streaming video and use the RIGHT mouse button. You should get a pop-up option window; place the mouse curser on volume, next with the LEFT mouse button select mute. This should allow you to listen to your music without the hencam sound.
    You use the same process to restore the sound.
    • CommentTimeApr 4th, 2009 11:02pm (Apr 4th 2009)

That's a great tip Ronald! I didn't know you could do that!
    • CommentTimeApr 5th, 2009 1:20am (Apr 5th 2009)

Thank you all, you stars! :cool:
    • CommentTimeApr 5th, 2009 4:07pm (Apr 5th 2009)

Is that what I've been doing? Or was Ronald's thing different?
    *sigh* I wish I understoods technology...
    • CommentTimeApr 5th, 2009 8:31pm (Apr 5th 2009)

Now just why would you want to turn the sound off the cam to listen to synthetic music when there is REAL music on Hencam mic?
    Right now the girls are asleep but there is a wonderful bird singing quite close to the coop. This real music is there most of the time. It is so beautiful.
    I am not a lover of synthetic music, though there is some that attracts mebut very, very little...
    This is why I have not put a comment on Vicki's thread this week.
    I love to listen to the hencam mic as with my double glazing that is one thing I miss so dreadfully.
    Warmer days coming now to let me keep my doors and windows open.
    • CommentTimeApr 5th, 2009 8:39pm (Apr 5th 2009)

Ah, here's Neil to put the girls to bed.
    Sound as if he is drilling.
    What are you up to now lad?
    • CommentTimeApr 6th, 2009 11:12am (Apr 6th 2009)

Posted By: ollie in UK
    Sound as if he is drilling.

There's one of the reasons i want the sound off!

Chickens screams, drilling and wind/rain are not good noises when you're trying to write an essay. I find it a lot easier if there's just some background music on that i can work along to :)
    • CommentAuthorRonald
    • CommentTimeApr 6th, 2009 8:03pm (Apr 6th 2009)

Here’s the difference CC.

Muting the sound using the speaker icon on the task bar, as you explained, will mute all sound from the computer.

Muting the sound at the hen cam stream video, as I explained, would allow the computer user to play a music CD, DVD or other streaming sound on their computer at the same time without hearing the hen cam sound.

Most likely it was my error in assuming that Red was using her computer for both functions. Red was probably using an IPOD, or a CD player.

Ron
    • CommentTimeApr 6th, 2009 8:05pm (Apr 6th 2009)

No, I think you were right Ron. They were the instructions I needed anyway - I've always had to do what CC said.
    • CommentAuthorRonald
    • CommentTimeApr 6th, 2009 8:08pm (Apr 6th 2009) edited

Oh, I'am sorry I did not mean to imply that CC was wrong.
    there is no right or wrong. It just depends on how one is trying to use their computer.
    • CommentTimeApr 6th, 2009 8:10pm (Apr 6th 2009)

No no! Don't apologise - CC is a technophobe at the best of times so will probably be glad of your instructions herself! She had to get Wazza round to show her how to post a picture! LOL!!
      CommentAuthorJonny
    • CommentTimeApr 7th, 2009 5:50am (Apr 7th 2009)

Or "techno-pillock" as she ( CC ) likes to say! God I love the English!
    • CommentTimeApr 7th, 2009 12:22pm (Apr 7th 2009)

I called a friend from America a Plebhead yesterday, and she couldn't stop laughing for ages :P
    • CommentTimeApr 7th, 2009 7:46pm (Apr 7th 2009)

:rolling: I like that, Red!
    No, Ronald, I am indeed a technopillock and am deeply grateful for your instructions! :flowers:
      CommentAuthorVictoria
    • CommentTimeApr 7th, 2009 8:26pm (Apr 7th 2009)

Thanks for explaining how to mute just hencam, Ronald (I typed that wrong at first and nearly called you Roland, but noticed in time!).

When I tried it, Millyhen gave me a look that said "What's that music for? Why would you want to mute me to listen to that ?"
    • CommentTimeApr 7th, 2009 9:52pm (Apr 7th 2009)

I fully agree with Millie...
    • CommentAuthorhqtrev
    • CommentTimeApr 9th, 2009 1:32am (Apr 9th 2009)

I just use my selective hearing...
    • CommentTimeApr 9th, 2009 4:27pm (Apr 9th 2009)

Don't we all.
    • CommentTimeApr 9th, 2009 11:40pm (Apr 9th 2009)

Who said that?
    • CommentTimeApr 10th, 2009 3:11pm (Apr 10th 2009)

Who said what?
    • CommentTimeApr 10th, 2009 7:35pm (Apr 10th 2009)

I dunno, couldn't be bothered to listen anyway! :)
    • CommentAuthorhqtrev
    • CommentTimeApr 26th, 2009 1:47am (Apr 26th 2009)

Gee, it's quiet in here...
    • CommentTimeApr 30th, 2009 11:03am (Apr 30th 2009)

Another little feature I would appreciate would be a "Back to Top" facility on the index page, please.
    It is the only page that doesn't have one, yet would be most useful on there.
    Thank you in anticipation.
    • CommentTimeMay 5th, 2009 11:20pm (May 5th 2009)

:bump:
    • CommentTimeMay 7th, 2009 4:55pm (May 7th 2009)

on the homepage? under all the camera setup gumph?
    • CommentTimeMay 7th, 2009 9:38pm (May 7th 2009)

Don't understand the technical terms for the pages.

I was refering to the one where you sign in and out. Also has the list of topics and notice of any new messages on each topic.

You explain for me Red pls...
    • CommentTimeMay 7th, 2009 10:30pm (May 7th 2009)

On the home page of the forum, where all the discussions and categories are, a 'back to top' thing there at the very bottom, under the Random section ;)
    • CommentAuthorRonald
    • CommentTimeMay 8th, 2009 1:15am (May 8th 2009)

If I understand the question/request is for a 'back to top'.
    You can use the HOME key on your keyboard anywhere on a page an it will return you to the 'top of the page'. This will work on any page you are on.
    The END key on your keyboard will move you to the bottom of any page your are viewing.
    • CommentTimeMay 8th, 2009 9:51am (May 8th 2009)

Ohh thanks I didn't know that even had to have a good look at my keyboard to find the buttons, they are there for sure and it works.... again thanks for the tip.
    • CommentTimeMay 8th, 2009 1:04pm (May 8th 2009)

Wonderful thing this pooter keyboard. I am learning something new by the day - especially if my daughter is helping...

Thanks Ronald.