Site Tag Cloud

• CommentAuthorfrogdust
    • CommentTimeApr 26th, 2009 9:03am (Apr 26th 2009)

:sun: Hello every one.
    Every one here has been so clever nameing thier chicken I thought I would ask for help nameing my new boston terrier puppy.:twosome: SHE is 7 weeks old.
    I need a name that does not end with "Y" or "IE"
    I all Ready have two dogs named Maggie and Lucey.
    Haveing a new dog name a name endinf with "Y" or "IE" would further complicate things. I all ready have a hard time with Maggie and Lucey not being able to distingush between thier names as they sound too much alike.
    This is why I thought I would ask every ones help.
    I am up at 3 in the morning becaus she is lonley and crying for her mom...............so she is in my lap sleeping (wish I was ) OH well.
    The breeders called her Anne . I like the name BUT it is my mothers name and it has the "IE " ending problem. so there it is .
    • CommentTimeApr 26th, 2009 9:11am (Apr 26th 2009)

How lovely a new puppy, now we will be needing a picture of her thats for sure. You could call her Angela to keep the Anne part.
      CommentAuthorChicken Wing
    • CommentTimeApr 26th, 2009 11:50am (Apr 26th 2009)

What about Amber? It remindes me of the warm homely glow of an open fire.
    • CommentTimeApr 26th, 2009 1:02pm (Apr 26th 2009)

can I have another go please ? how about Jess
      CommentAuthorDianeonWhidbey
    • CommentTimeApr 26th, 2009 5:24pm (Apr 26th 2009)

I guess that leaves "Holly" out. :P

I name all my animals after famous people. How about, since this is a British web site, "Beth" - erm... for the Queen.
    • CommentAuthorShobhna
    • CommentTimeApr 26th, 2009 8:06pm (Apr 26th 2009)

How about 'Tuppence' I used to work with a girl who named her dog that.
    or how about Woof. My friends dog is called Woof and I call him Woof the Woofus.
    My friend int he states has a dog called Hickory. That is a nice name.

Gosh...I have had 3 goes now. :-)
    • CommentTimeApr 26th, 2009 8:58pm (Apr 26th 2009)

My cat's called Tuppence! I think it's a lovely name. But then I'm biased...:D
    What about Deefer? Deefer dog...?
      CommentAuthorDianeonWhidbey
    • CommentTimeApr 27th, 2009 12:22am (Apr 27th 2009)

How about R***** P**? I'm surprised none of you have mentioned THAT yet...
    • CommentTimeApr 27th, 2009 6:38am (Apr 27th 2009)

Lets see how about..Amanda, Annabel, Annora, Anya..If you change the name a little bit she may understand it quicker, if she knows the name Anne already.
    • CommentTimeApr 27th, 2009 12:44pm (Apr 27th 2009)

I love the name Anya it is my favourite so far.

Oh Diane you are funny and managed to get that in before the others. Can you imagine Frogdust calling her to come ? I knew an old lady many moons ago who named her cat after Tito Gobbi. I can still hear her in my mind calling him in at night in her cracked little voice...... Titooooo Gobbigobbigobbi Gooooooobbiiiiiiiiii Bless her she is long gone now though,
    • CommentTimeApr 27th, 2009 6:18pm (Apr 27th 2009)

My friend had a cat called Thomas Tittlemouse, which eventually got shortened to 'Tits'. Which didn't matter until they moved to a new house where the neighbours weren't aware of the cat's odd name and were alarmed by the strange woman nextdoor opening her back door and bawling 'TITS!!!' every evening...:)
    • CommentTimeApr 27th, 2009 6:24pm (Apr 27th 2009)

Ha ha ha that's just so funny CC, my cats have all gone upstairs in disgust now at me laughing and spoiling their kip. I have had to read it out to my son as he was alarmed at my sudden burst of laughter as well.
      CommentAuthorhello people=p
    • CommentTimeApr 27th, 2009 6:28pm (Apr 27th 2009)

OMG you should call your dog waffle!!thats a well good namee hehe... "here waffle! here girrlll!!"
    that orrrr ... mmm... doris!!! onli joking =D how about olivia or shannon? hehe your other doggy has a well good name it's the same as mine but mines spelt lucy not lucey so y'know!!!
      CommentAuthorChicken Wing
    • CommentTimeApr 27th, 2009 6:44pm (Apr 27th 2009) edited

What about Kat, Boris or Chips.:bigsmile:

CD has just suggested Maple or Pancake.

"I think I must be a little hungry"
      CommentAuthorhello people=p
    • CommentTimeApr 27th, 2009 6:48pm (Apr 27th 2009)

my dog is called charlieee so how about charlotte? or what abbout megan, thats a cute name.or... ella?
    • CommentTimeApr 27th, 2009 11:35pm (Apr 27th 2009)

My friend's cat was called cooking fat, so you could have ducking fog! (sorry!)
      CommentAuthorJonny
    • CommentTimeApr 27th, 2009 11:49pm (Apr 27th 2009)

I've had cats named: Putz von Meyer (my first cat), ├╝ber alles, Tabitha, Little One, arrgh I can't remember the one who died at the foot of my bed (sorry for the morbidity)...Spock and Hobbes. Dogs named Widgit, Tug and Zeke. A leopard gecko named Minion!
    • CommentAuthorfrogdust
    • CommentTimeApr 28th, 2009 5:32am (Apr 28th 2009)

:rollonfloorlaughing::rollonfloorlaughing:
    O M G ! you 'all are nutts ! I was reading a long the post just enjoying them THEN I hit N.N's & diane's post I laughed untill i had to stop when my husband ran in to see why i was screaming ! I was not screaming i was laughing ! Tits! TITS!(Gasp) HOOOOOooHohohoha! then asif I could not squeeel any louder ! Gobbigobbigooo! (gasp!)
    God bless them both !:heart: life is funnyer than any thing you could ever make up! Thank you all ! :bighug:Every one for the names and the laughs I will never fot get it as long as i live !:whorship:
    • CommentAuthorfrogdust
    • CommentTimeApr 28th, 2009 5:40am (Apr 28th 2009)

I just had to say "Thank You" to every one agine
    for the names and the laughs.
    MY Husband Arthur named her for me. he has never attached to any of my animals since our first cat died. he named her "KateyDid" after the little green singing grasshopper. So say hello to a new Kattydid . KATE D ! SHe hopps all about like a little cricket! she is tiney about the size of a large muffin. we have to be careful not to step on her
    • CommentTimeApr 28th, 2009 8:53am (Apr 28th 2009)

oh frogdust you made me start laughing at your laughing fit, I just hope it wasnt a case of laughing leaks to add to your lack of breathlessness !! Katydid is a lovely name and she is a lovely addition to your family. How wonderful that she has crept into Authurs heart. looking forward to seeing a photo of her when you get time. I just love the way we all manage to jog each others memories and the wonderful stories we have. We all have had such fun thinking of names so thank you for the thread idea.
    • CommentAuthorShobhna
    • CommentTimeApr 28th, 2009 1:48pm (Apr 28th 2009)

all of the above has given me a much needed laugh.
    thank you all. :-)
    Keep them coming

I can just imagine calling for a cat called 'Tits' or shall I call my cat by that name....NO, I don;t think I'd ever be able to call her in the evening to come in for her dinner. I'd just have to stand there rattling the biscuit box.

my colleague bought a house in a street only because the street was called TittyHo. not for any other reason. :-)

Another work colleague named his boat 'Our Soul'
    say it quick and you will know what I mean. He just wanted to have the pleasure of the Coastguards calling up their boat. :-)
      CommentAuthorhello people=p
    • CommentTimeApr 28th, 2009 5:24pm (Apr 28th 2009)

aww thats a cute name hehe TITS!!!!
      CommentAuthorDianeonWhidbey
    • CommentTimeApr 28th, 2009 7:56pm (Apr 28th 2009)

My ex and I had a sweet all black kitty who loved to roll on her back, leg akimbo. For that reason, we named her Nipples. And soon shortened it to Nippy.

My parents had a cat when I was born name Damn It. Just SO they could stand on the back porch at night and scream...well, you know. They thought they were hilarious.

Hi KateyDid!
    • CommentTimeApr 28th, 2009 8:27pm (Apr 28th 2009)

We need pics, Froggie!
      CommentAuthorAce
    • CommentTimeApr 28th, 2009 8:27pm (Apr 28th 2009)

:iagree:
    • CommentAuthorfrogdust
    • CommentTimeApr 28th, 2009 9:09pm (Apr 28th 2009)

(giggle) Oh Diane ! YOUR parents are funny!
    Just thinking about them callling in Damn It the cat inthe evening . it just bring a smile to my face!
    I am sure the neighbors laughed too . just Imadgine:eyes: if they had guests and you dad sounded off !"Damn It " come here !" Damn It' Come home! :gasp:
    • CommentTimeApr 28th, 2009 9:10pm (Apr 28th 2009)

Our cats are all named after motorbike racers. Last season we met a lovely guy called Connor Cummins - he was so nice and happy to chat. I told hubby I want another cat to call Connor so that when its out I can shout "Connor, Cummin" (its close enough!)
    • CommentAuthorfrogdust
    • CommentTimeApr 28th, 2009 9:20pm (Apr 28th 2009)

:_photos::_photos::_photos::_photos::_photos::_photos: C.c! I am desparat to get pics to every one ! But I have no clue as to HOW to due it and Hubby is being a pain and telling me "I do not know how ":grrrrrr:
    SOooooooooooooo I am asking the resedent experts !
    Lyn , Nanny north ,Trev , Trev's mom ,any any one else I have forgotten. That way he has no exscuse not to help me out ! :007:HA! you can send it to my email adress Frogdust@gmail.com I am not worried about getting nastey mail all i have to do is block it if I have a problem. And I kow that no one here is that way ! . So no worrys !
    • CommentTimeApr 28th, 2009 9:40pm (Apr 28th 2009)

could you not e-mail the pictures to Red at the easter egg competion address, then she would put them up for you she did them for hello people
    • CommentTimeApr 28th, 2009 9:42pm (Apr 28th 2009)

That is so funny Diane and Kate we must all have the same sence of humour
    • CommentTimeApr 28th, 2009 9:47pm (Apr 28th 2009)

Frogdust -
    Someone put on a step by step way of putting pics into here but they lost me completely.
    I'm sure we you will be helped out soon by a Hencammer...
    I am not computer literate and can't remember things above three mins anyway!!

I still need to take my pics to the chemist to get them onto paper...
    • CommentAuthorfrogdust
    • CommentTimeApr 29th, 2009 5:53am (Apr 29th 2009) edited

Whew! I thought I was along in my stumbling about ! I have LOT of pictures that need to be developed! They all end up in a draweer to go and I just keep putting it off! Some times I have the attention span of a gnat Or a butterfly as my sweet son says.
    • CommentTimeApr 29th, 2009 7:33am (Apr 29th 2009)

I do know how to do it Frogdust as my son showed me but I don't think I can talk you through it as I still struggle myself. I will put them on for you if you want to e-mail them to me just let me know.
    • CommentAuthorShobhna
    • CommentTimeApr 29th, 2009 1:42pm (Apr 29th 2009)

I too don't know how to put pics on but I will see if I can get a good friend to help me and make notes. I go on a couple of gardening forums and the only way to get plants identified is to be able to post pics. I'll see if I can find help there too.
    • CommentTimeApr 29th, 2009 8:00pm (Apr 29th 2009) edited

There might be an add-on I could install to help with the pics but it might take some time so bear with me...

CC, did your friend ever lose the cat? I can only imagine the look they'd get if they were frantically asking people 'HAVE YOU SEEN MY TITS?!'.... :p

Ooh, have just added a nifty image uploader for you - just click the 'Choose' button under Attachments, find your image, click it and then post as normal, and it 'should' do everything for you :)

Just make sure your image is less than 500kb (or it will be massive on the page and won't upload properly)... let me know if you have any problems!
    • CommentTimeApr 29th, 2009 8:37pm (Apr 29th 2009)

oh wow Neil you are a genius many thanks I will try it out soon
      CommentAuthorAce
    • CommentTimeApr 29th, 2009 8:44pm (Apr 29th 2009)

Oh wow! That is way cool, Neil! Thanks for that. ;)
    • CommentTimeApr 29th, 2009 9:03pm (Apr 29th 2009)

Might be me but I couldn't get it to work can someone else have a go please?
      CommentAuthorAce
    • CommentTimeApr 29th, 2009 9:14pm (Apr 29th 2009)

I'll have a go! I'll have to check how big the files are before i do it though. ;)
    • CommentTimeApr 29th, 2009 9:16pm (Apr 29th 2009)

ok good girl might be me as I am not that good with my PC. I did resize the photo I choose before trying to load it.
      CommentAuthorAce
    • CommentTimeApr 29th, 2009 9:23pm (Apr 29th 2009)

Well it doesn't seem to be working for me either. :(
    • CommentTimeApr 29th, 2009 10:12pm (Apr 29th 2009)

Sorry Neil we can not get it to work
      CommentAuthorJonny
    • CommentTimeApr 29th, 2009 11:14pm (Apr 29th 2009)

Testing upload..
      pinkyAndTheBrain-1.JPG
    • CommentTimeApr 29th, 2009 11:51pm (Apr 29th 2009)

My attempt: my gorgeous granddaughter checking out the Sunday papers!!! (Hope this works!)
      IMG_1024.JPG
    • CommentTimeApr 29th, 2009 11:52pm (Apr 29th 2009)

Yay!!! Sorry about the size - will crop in future!

Now, where's the photos of this puppy?!
    • CommentTimeApr 30th, 2009 7:35am (Apr 30th 2009) edited

I'll see if it works too. Yes..cool! small picture of my little Silkies.
      LW_Avatar-Verdell.jpg
    • CommentTimeApr 30th, 2009 9:03am (Apr 30th 2009)

well done jonny, it must have been my feeble efforts.

Oh Kate she is so pretty and just look at that stunning smile.

I also love your silkies Lynn they are so pretty as well.
    • CommentTimeApr 30th, 2009 9:25am (Apr 30th 2009)

Any error or particular place where you get lost NN?

Steps I take to do this:

1. Make sure Format comments as Html is selected

2. Click on the 'Choose...' button

3. Navigate to your image

4. Double-click on it (or press the Open button)

Finish typing your post and click the 'Add your comments' button.

ta-da!!
      talking.gif
    • CommentAuthorShobhna
    • CommentTimeApr 30th, 2009 1:31pm (Apr 30th 2009)

Thanks.
    • CommentTimeApr 30th, 2009 5:17pm (Apr 30th 2009)

Posted By: neil

Such a rude boy...:\
      CommentAuthorhello people=p
    • CommentTimeApr 30th, 2009 5:45pm (Apr 30th 2009)

awwwww those piccies are cute!!! i like your silkies lynn.hmm i need to moan at my mum so we can get some chickiesss...

any how, heres a picture offf a pine berry!!!!!!!
      apineberry.jpg
      CommentAuthorhello people=p
    • CommentTimeApr 30th, 2009 5:46pm (Apr 30th 2009)

(hint: its a pineapple mixed with a blueberry and some global warming)
    • CommentTimeApr 30th, 2009 5:51pm (Apr 30th 2009)

here is a test squirrel
      Img_4112a.jpg
    • CommentTimeApr 30th, 2009 5:57pm (Apr 30th 2009)

Ta da I've done it yippeee !!!!!! Will make next photo a tad smaller though Thanks for your patience Neil It was because I hadn't written anything in the comments box. That is just so much easier than going through Flicr
    • CommentTimeMay 1st, 2009 11:48pm (May 1st 2009)

Did the squiggle pass his test?!! :D
    • CommentTimeMay 2nd, 2009 9:58am (May 2nd 2009)

Ha ha he sure did. It was a well behaved squirrel. Last year I was taking a photo of one and it suddenly ran up my leg!! They sure have sharp little claws I could feel them right through my jeans.