Site Tag Cloud

CommentAuthorDianeonWhidbey
    • CommentTimeAug 29th, 2009 3:57am (Aug 29th 2009)

I think it was the nettle...
    • CommentTimeAug 29th, 2009 4:14am (Aug 29th 2009)

Don't tell 'em about my nettles; I want then to envisage rolling lawns and fountains gently playing in an idyll designed by Capability Brown. As opposed to utter horticultural chaos permitted by Inability Green...:)
    • CommentTimeAug 29th, 2009 1:09pm (Aug 29th 2009) edited

Tada! No probs CC. She looks lovely in this pic :heartsabove:
      000_0110.jpg
    • CommentTimeAug 29th, 2009 1:18pm (Aug 29th 2009)

Oh CC what lovely bunnies, I want some!!! they are so sweet, beautiful coats too.
    • CommentTimeAug 29th, 2009 4:25pm (Aug 29th 2009)

Actually their coats are two-tone manky at the moment, because they're moulting!
    • CommentTimeAug 29th, 2009 6:50pm (Aug 29th 2009)

CC, your bunnies are so cute. Treacle, is beautiful and such a lovely color.
    • CommentTimeAug 29th, 2009 6:58pm (Aug 29th 2009)

She is sweet; I'm so glad they get on together. However...we have a Garden of eden situation; they have the whole garden. Except one corner. 'You can go anywhere you like - EXCEPT there', I told her. so where did she go...? and whom did she tempt to follow her there? So there I am in my nightie this morning trying to retrieve said beasties from The forbidden Corner which Eric had blocked off and made impenetrable.
    Except to naughty black rabbits...:\
    • CommentTimeAug 29th, 2009 7:10pm (Aug 29th 2009) edited

The best laid plans of mice and men often go astray, CC..just don't tell LSE that his efforts were in vain. :mdr:
    • CommentTimeAug 29th, 2009 7:22pm (Aug 29th 2009)

O, he knows, Lynn, he knows. The words 'bloody rabbits' were clearly heard as he was manoeuvring bits of drainpipe and wire fencing...
    • CommentTimeAug 29th, 2009 8:43pm (Aug 29th 2009)

I have 'bloody cats' and 'bloody rats' CC - must be related!!

beautiful bunnies - Dini looks like he's been shaved like they do the racehorses when they leave a bit for the saddle to go on (but obviously NOT for a saddle on Dini!)
    • CommentTimeAug 29th, 2009 9:01pm (Aug 29th 2009)

Hmmmm...now there's an idea....
    • CommentTimeAug 29th, 2009 9:07pm (Aug 29th 2009)

bloody chickens too, i dunno how Penny does it...oh, and come to think of it we have a bloody rabbit an' all :-\ :)

Did they instantly get along then CC? I remember when we introduced Doms and Cynth i was chasing round my bedroom after them with a spray bottle filled with water to stop them fighting!! :o
    • CommentTimeAug 29th, 2009 9:18pm (Aug 29th 2009)

Well, I think it worked so well because for the first 2 days she was in her hutch (with Dini waiting outside) and then for the next few days I put her into the run (with Dini waiting outside by this time swearing he'd wait for her and offering to get her the best criminal lawyer in the country) until her stitches had healed up from being spayed. They were leaning up against eachother through the wire, so by the time she was let loose they were completely used to eachother. I'd recommend it as a way of socialising new rabbits every time.
    • CommentTimeAug 30th, 2009 5:59am (Aug 30th 2009)

hhmm might work for some hoomins too CC?:boxing_smiley:
    • CommentTimeAug 30th, 2009 1:09pm (Aug 30th 2009)

I don't think many yumans are as intelligent as rabbits, JUlie1 :rolling:
    • CommentTimeAug 31st, 2009 7:27pm (Aug 31st 2009) edited

Looking on our "Stalker" facility, I see Red's Mum and Dad are nicely settled in a roadside ditch down there in Cornwall.

I am planning a couple of days or three in York this week.
    It's my daughter's 20th wedding anny so they needed their daughter caring for overnight, as they are going back to their honeymoon hotel.
    • CommentTimeAug 31st, 2009 7:39pm (Aug 31st 2009)

Neil and Helen are on the move again - Wow - hurtling along, or as we say in our family - "having a hurtle".
    • CommentTimeSep 1st, 2009 1:58am (Sep 1st 2009)

I keep forgetting about the spy facility...I think it alerts Red for when to tidy up the house from the wild parties she has while N&H are off on the razzle!
    • CommentAuthorShobhna
    • CommentTimeSep 3rd, 2009 9:02am (Sep 3rd 2009)

CC, great shots of the bunny.
    I'm sorry but I will get to you soon. all weekends are booking themselves up, by themselves, before I can put pen to paper ..
    I'm looking at weekends in October now but will try to come over sooner.
    • CommentTimeSep 3rd, 2009 5:41pm (Sep 3rd 2009)

Don't worry, cherub, it's a long way. When you're passing!:D
    • CommentAuthorShobhna
    • CommentTimeSep 4th, 2009 8:16am (Sep 4th 2009)

CC...How about the 27th Sept. Sunday?
    I have been giving my diary a bit of a going over and sorted out priorities.:-)
    • CommentTimeSep 4th, 2009 6:06pm (Sep 4th 2009)

Fine by me! afternoon - because I've got 2 gigs in the morning at St Bartholomew's then St Mary's. Give me a rough ETA.
    • CommentTimeSep 4th, 2009 7:50pm (Sep 4th 2009)

Find Me should be interesting within the next few days... :)
    • CommentAuthorhqtrev
    • CommentTimeSep 5th, 2009 2:29am (Sep 5th 2009)

Hmmm, is that because you are going to steal Neil's mobile and stick it to Elvis, then let him out of his cage, and then watch where he flies to.... ?
    • CommentTimeSep 5th, 2009 2:56pm (Sep 5th 2009)

Nah, they have gone to Ireland!! But sadly findme doesn't appear to have followed them over there...aw, big shame :(
    • CommentTimeSep 5th, 2009 4:54pm (Sep 5th 2009)

That's why the "Findme" has frozen but why just there? Is that when they got into a helicopter?

I am going to Northern Ireland on Friday for a week. It's the annual gathering of the Radical Midwives!
    • CommentTimeSep 7th, 2009 11:17am (Sep 7th 2009)

I love the pictures of your bunnies CC. They look so cute and cuddly.
    • CommentTimeSep 7th, 2009 4:42pm (Sep 7th 2009)

They are...if you can catch 'em!
    • CommentTimeSep 8th, 2009 8:29am (Sep 8th 2009)

Ha ha yes rabbits do have a fair turn of speed and can jump quite high as well.
    • CommentAuthorShobhna
    • CommentTimeSep 8th, 2009 1:48pm (Sep 8th 2009) edited

Yesterday's adventure: went horse-riding. The last time I sat on a horse must be 7/8 years ago.
    I swear my spine has compressed and I'm now 5 foot tall. My knees have gone and I feel like a wobbly jelly and did not sleep a wink last night because of the pain in my knees....but do you know what.......I enjoyed myself. I really did. :cheer::cheer::woohoo::woohoo:

I'm going to try to find me cheaper lessons and see if i can keep it going.
    Could not tell you what me knees think of that idea since we are not on speaking terms right now.:biggrin:
    • CommentTimeSep 8th, 2009 2:42pm (Sep 8th 2009)

ha ha ha so funny, poor knees, go girl!!!
    • CommentTimeSep 8th, 2009 4:47pm (Sep 8th 2009)

Saddle up, NN!
    • CommentTimeSep 8th, 2009 7:03pm (Sep 8th 2009)

Oh I would love to CC, but havent been to see Bomber for a while now.
    • CommentTimeSep 8th, 2009 10:22pm (Sep 8th 2009)

That's on MY list of things to do Shobhna - I'd love to go horseriding. My sister in law had a horse when I met hubby, and my son's partner has a horse too, but I've never sat on either of them. (Or the horses!!!) When I was little my cousin brought her horse to our house. I remember it was chestnut coloured and seemed huge. She let me sit on it and that's the closest I've come to riding a horse.
    • CommentTimeSep 8th, 2009 10:47pm (Sep 8th 2009)

I used to do a lot of horse riding. Paid for my sessions by doing a lot of mucking out.

Hubby was persuaded to get aboard his pal's horse and jog round the pen. He had never been on a horse before and was terrified!

He covered it up well but now he is gone I will tell said pal.
    • CommentAuthorShobhna
    • CommentTimeSep 9th, 2009 9:45am (Sep 9th 2009)

I know I'm totally unfit right now plus my bones are knackered from taking Arimidex daily but I still want to see if I can ride.
    There is something so lovely about a horse.:heartsabove:
    Mind you, the one I rode was a comfy sofa but even then, he did a pretty good trot and eventaully picked up his feet and put on a bit of speed.:heartsabove:

The funniest thing was when it came to getting off. He (Murphy) knew where to head to so we kind of got there, he stopped by the hay-thingy and I just sat on his back, there was no-one there to help me down, so after fretting a bit, I started to talk to Murphy, who eventually turned his head, gave me a disainful look that said, quite clearly....get off my back now
    Well, I was that mortified at being told what to do by Murphy, that I promptly got off (slid off) and got myself a big bruise on my stomach where I caught the stirrup on my way down.:blushing:
    • CommentTimeSep 9th, 2009 5:01pm (Sep 9th 2009)

Ow! Still, you made me laugh with Murphy telling you what to do! Will you have a go on Murphy again?
    • CommentTimeSep 9th, 2009 6:38pm (Sep 9th 2009)

Init, I'm so glad you enjoyed your horseback ride..when I've had a really bad day, there is nothing in the world that makes me feel better than to get on one of my horses and go for a ride. I wish I still had my first Peruvian Paso mare "Oyona", that old girl saved my life twice and my sanity hundreds of times. I'll miss that old girl till the day that I too die.
    • CommentAuthorShobhna
    • CommentTimeSep 10th, 2009 1:38pm (Sep 10th 2009) edited

NO CC, I don't suppose I'll ride Murphy again. The Riding School was a tad expensive.
    Unless I come into money but I will carry on looking for cheaper lessons because I do so want to keep this up and once I feel comfortable then I want to just do an hour's hack or so weekly.
    There is something about horses that is just so
    calming.

My dream would be to own one and who knows, one of these days that too will come true.
    LynnW, must be so nice to have your own horse.

I'll add it to my list of things to do.
    • CommentTimeSep 10th, 2009 8:48pm (Sep 10th 2009)

How long is your things to do list now Init ?
    • CommentAuthorShobhna
    • CommentTimeSep 11th, 2009 2:05pm (Sep 11th 2009)

pretty long. I add things to it and as I do things, I cross them off.

I call it my 'bucket list'

If anyone has seen that movie call The bucket List ....they will know what I'm talking about and I think we should all have a Bucket List.
    Keeps us moving forwards and teaches up to enjoy every moment on this ball of dirt that is floating in space. :-)
    • CommentTimeSep 11th, 2009 4:12pm (Sep 11th 2009)

here's to the bucket list...before we kick it!!! the bucket that is.
    Great to have some goals to achieve no matter what age we are.:nopity::boogie::note::surfing::trompet::great:
    • CommentTimeSep 11th, 2009 5:51pm (Sep 11th 2009)

I do my bucket list as I go through life...on the principle that crossing things off as done makes room for new things! :)
    • CommentTimeSep 12th, 2009 7:20pm (Sep 12th 2009)

helloooooo Diane!
      CommentAuthorDianeonWhidbey
    • CommentTimeSep 13th, 2009 3:36am (Sep 13th 2009)

CC? Where are you? You were there a second ago...

I'm going to check on FB.
      CommentAuthorDianeonWhidbey
    • CommentTimeSep 17th, 2009 7:34pm (Sep 17th 2009)

Hi CC! How are you doing poodle?
      CommentAuthorDianeonWhidbey
    • CommentTimeSep 17th, 2009 7:37pm (Sep 17th 2009)

It worked! My throat still closes in a gag reflex when you say that though. Too funny.
      CommentAuthorDianeonWhidbey
    • CommentTimeSep 17th, 2009 7:38pm (Sep 17th 2009)

I have a little wet cat nose pressed against the palm of my hand (well I did - I'm typing now.) Maya is sound asleep on my lap. It funny how she is heavier when she sleeps.
      CommentAuthorJonny
    • CommentTimeSep 18th, 2009 12:25am (Sep 18th 2009)

Posted By: DianeonWhidbeyIt funny how she is heavier when she sleeps.

That is because the invisible dark matter collapses when cats sleep!!

I know - how RANDOM!!!
    • CommentTimeSep 18th, 2009 5:17am (Sep 18th 2009)

Is that because cats run the universe, Jonny? I know mine think they do...:\
      CommentAuthorDianeonWhidbey
    • CommentTimeSep 18th, 2009 6:28am (Sep 18th 2009)

LOL. I'm laughing because you are both funny AND in relief - at least I know what's going on now. :)
    • CommentAuthorShobhna
    • CommentTimeSep 18th, 2009 2:05pm (Sep 18th 2009)

hellooooo..I'm here.
    • CommentTimeSep 18th, 2009 5:35pm (Sep 18th 2009)

So'm I!
    • CommentAuthorhqtrev
    • CommentTimeSep 19th, 2009 3:41am (Sep 19th 2009)

I'm not..
    • CommentTimeSep 19th, 2009 9:46am (Sep 19th 2009)

I am and now yous aren't...
    • CommentTimeSep 19th, 2009 11:51pm (Sep 19th 2009)

Am I?!
    • CommentTimeSep 20th, 2009 3:51am (Sep 20th 2009)

I'm not.
    • CommentTimeSep 20th, 2009 10:31am (Sep 20th 2009)

zoooooooooooom there I go!!!!
    • CommentAuthorShobhna
    • CommentTimeSep 20th, 2009 7:33pm (Sep 20th 2009)

I'm here again ....
    • CommentTimeSep 21st, 2009 2:23pm (Sep 21st 2009)

aahh missed me!
    • CommentTimeSep 24th, 2009 10:01am (Sep 24th 2009)

Hulloooooooo Ollie!!!:hiwave:
    • CommentTimeSep 24th, 2009 10:08am (Sep 24th 2009) edited

I can shout back "Hello Trevs Mum" but you will have gone and not sat here waiting for me to reply.:angel:
    • CommentTimeSep 24th, 2009 10:10am (Sep 24th 2009)

here I am here I am I am here!!!
    • CommentTimeSep 24th, 2009 10:14am (Sep 24th 2009)

Oh, there you are !!!
    Wow, a LIVE encounter. Don't think I have had one of those before.
    • CommentTimeSep 24th, 2009 10:15am (Sep 24th 2009)

I am often on here when you are all sleeping but it is fun to catch up with someone live, you sound like you are keeping very well and healthy with all those vegies:bigsmile::broccoli:
    • CommentTimeSep 24th, 2009 10:16am (Sep 24th 2009)

This is like the one 4 days ago, only there was a bunch of you then.
    • CommentTimeSep 24th, 2009 10:18am (Sep 24th 2009)

Occasionally we have 6 or 7 of us all talking at once. It is a great forum, so friendly and lots of great pics and things to laugh at.
    • CommentTimeSep 24th, 2009 10:18am (Sep 24th 2009)

I am not sure how this works.
    Do I sist here and a reply will appear? O will I need to go away and come back so a message can load?
    • CommentTimeSep 24th, 2009 10:21am (Sep 24th 2009)

You can do either but I keep refresshing the page by right clicking mouse and then hitting the 'refresh' word and it checks for a new comment on this thread.
    • CommentTimeSep 24th, 2009 10:26am (Sep 24th 2009)

I will try that then, though really should be doing something else.

Just written a load and lost the connection. It's poor today.
    • CommentTimeSep 24th, 2009 10:26am (Sep 24th 2009)

Well I am off to spice up the chilli con carne I made , its not hot enough, :diablo: then we will eat it up, yum yum.
    • CommentTimeSep 24th, 2009 10:38am (Sep 24th 2009)

Yes, I should be getting on with chores that are stacking up.
    See-ya, Bye.
    • CommentTimeSep 25th, 2009 11:59pm (Sep 25th 2009)

hot chilli - yum yum!!
      CommentAuthorDianeonWhidbey
    • CommentTimeSep 29th, 2009 6:45am (Sep 29th 2009)

Hi Julie!
    • CommentTimeSep 29th, 2009 6:47am (Sep 29th 2009)

HUlloooooooo there, what time is it with you, its nearly 4pm Tuesday here.
    • CommentAuthorShobhna
    • CommentTimeSep 29th, 2009 2:07pm (Sep 29th 2009)

I'm here...where is everybody?

Got a bit on news too.

My Mother is going to John Radcliffe in Oxford for Heart urgery on the 6th October.
    She has a very positive attitude towards it all and the way I'm looking at it all is that is she says she will be fine, then I know she will be fine. Then I have to trust in God and carry on.

When mum is better and home, which could be 4 weeks or so....I will start to get my life sorted out. Quickie divorce on-line will do the trick. Don't need to hang it out any further.

This year has been a steep learning curve and I feel that everthing is now beginning to fall into it's rightful place and I feel that everything is on the 'up' now.

So, first Mum....then Me.

If I don't appear here for a bit it is only because I'm busy briving from MK to Oxford and Biggleswade to Oxford or where ever to Oxford. :-)
    • CommentTimeSep 29th, 2009 4:29pm (Sep 29th 2009)

What's at Biggleswade then? Hope everything goes well for your ma - JR's a fantastic hospital, and she'll be well looked after. And YOU look after YOURSELF! :heart:
    • CommentTimeSep 29th, 2009 7:13pm (Sep 29th 2009)

CC said " JR's a fantastic hospital"

I can second that by accounts I have come across in my professional life..

All our hearts are with you over the next weeks.
    • CommentTimeSep 29th, 2009 10:51pm (Sep 29th 2009)

Yes, we will be thinking of you and your mom. Good luck for her surgery and a speedy recovery. xx :heart:
    • CommentTimeSep 30th, 2009 3:22am (Sep 30th 2009) edited

Thinking of you Shobhna and your mum, wishing her a speedy recovery and be kind to yourself too and good luck with sorting things out for yourself in the near future.:heartsabove::nicegrouphug:
    • CommentTimeSep 30th, 2009 3:44am (Sep 30th 2009)

Wishing your Mom a speedy recovery, Shobhna ..and you take care of yourself too! I hope the next few weeks will be great ones for you and your Mom.
    • CommentAuthorShobhna
    • CommentTimeSep 30th, 2009 9:45am (Sep 30th 2009)

CC.. I work in Biggleswade so the road from Biggleswade to Oxford and the road from milton Keynes to Oxford has to be kept clear specially for me. :-)

And yes my friends, I have been slowly making my way out of this and am beginning to see that I am far stronger then I give myself credit for.

Mum is a tough lady and is very positive and has in fact been busy cooking all sorts of savory and sweet stuff for us all, so we have something to eat whilst she is laid up in hospital.

She said to me yesterday that she feels pretty well these days and wonders why she has to go get ''fixed''. :-)

Hopefully the boys will be over from the States and she is looking forward to having all her children in one country for a change.
      CommentAuthorDianeonWhidbey
    • CommentTimeOct 16th, 2009 2:42am (Oct 16th 2009)

Hi Trev! How were your travels?

Hi Lynn. What do you think of The Zoo changes? I'm not used to it yet and it takes MUCH longer for things to load now. (Yah - the dial up complaint AGAIN.) :P

• CommentTimeOct 16th, 2009 3:06am (Oct 16th 2009)

Posted By: DianeonWhidbeyHi Lynn. What do you think of The Zoo changes? I'm not used to it yet and it takes MUCH longer for things to load now. (Yah - the dial up complaint AGAIN.):p

The changes are hard to get use to, Diane..it's kind of a pain. I guess will just have to get use to it tho. It's still fun.
      CommentAuthorDianeonWhidbey
    • CommentTimeOct 16th, 2009 6:25pm (Oct 16th 2009)

I'm glad - because its quite fun for me to play a game with YOU on FB. Its the only one I'm playing besides, * blush * Mafia Wars...
    • CommentTimeOct 16th, 2009 7:50pm (Oct 16th 2009)

Tut tut tut tut tut....:beaker: How very unsuitable...:D
    • CommentAuthorhqtrev
    • CommentTimeOct 16th, 2009 8:24pm (Oct 16th 2009)

Posted By: DianeonWhidbeyHi Trev! How were your travels?

My travels were very enjoyable thankyou. This time I traveled alone to and from China, negotiating a change of aircraft at Singapore, but had a local Chinese girl to guide me during my stay. It was very busy in China as they all had a week off for their National Day Holiday, so local and foreign tourists were busily shopping and taking in the sights. It was still warm there too... shorts and T-shirt type of weather, very nice indeed.
    • CommentTimeOct 17th, 2009 10:35pm (Oct 17th 2009)

They had a week off for a National Day Holiday?!! And I always thought the Chinese were a logical race of people!
    • CommentAuthorTracyB
    • CommentTimeOct 18th, 2009 4:37pm (Oct 18th 2009)

Sounds like a really good plan to me - have a National Day and get 4 free days off as well. I think its something we soulod petition for... :-)
    • CommentTimeOct 18th, 2009 8:54pm (Oct 18th 2009)

I'll sign up to that!
    • CommentAuthorTracyB
    • CommentTimeOct 19th, 2009 6:04pm (Oct 19th 2009)

sorry about my spelling in which ever thread you see it - My brain and fingers don't seem to work at the same rate at the moment. :-)
    • CommentTimeOct 19th, 2009 7:55pm (Oct 19th 2009)

Often the brain overtakes the pinkies in my experience...the poor ole fingers can't keep up! :)
    • CommentAuthorhqtrev
    • CommentTimeOct 22nd, 2009 2:26am (Oct 22nd 2009)

Hi Mum !!
    • CommentTimeOct 22nd, 2009 2:27am (Oct 22nd 2009)

hi trev how are things ?
    • CommentTimeOct 22nd, 2009 11:06pm (Oct 22nd 2009)

Busy then Trev been as you didn't answer your poor mother?!!!!!
    • CommentTimeOct 23rd, 2009 5:02am (Oct 23rd 2009) edited

:broccoli:Trevor eat your vegetables, don't stay up past 2am on a work night:sleep:, ring your brother :blahblahblah:and beware the Borrowgrim at the bottom of the garden!!!:gasp:
    • CommentAuthorhqtrev
    • CommentTimeOct 23rd, 2009 5:11am (Oct 23rd 2009)

HA HA, actually I thought I did reply but apparently I did not click "add your comments" before briskly returning to work.

Mum.... No, OK, I will, whats a borrowgrim and why is it in the garden ?
    • CommentTimeOct 23rd, 2009 5:18am (Oct 23rd 2009)

a borrowgrim is a small viscious creature that loves to eat weeds and library books so be careful if you have either at your place.:_ohmy:
      CommentAuthorDianeonWhidbey
    • CommentTimeOct 23rd, 2009 4:25pm (Oct 23rd 2009)

LOL you seem to have the largest quantity of scary animals of anywhere on earth there in Oz. And then you make up even more of them. Well, that's what I'm hoping anyway. Or - is it real...?
    • CommentTimeOct 23rd, 2009 6:31pm (Oct 23rd 2009)

Can you post me a borrowgrim? Got lots of weeds but don't use the library except for reference, so it'd be quite useful round here...