• CommentTimeMay 14th, 2009 3:30pm (May 14th 2009)

I've been asked for some 'good' and 'interesting' screengrabs from the webcam...

Please could you email me any good pics you've taken previously, and if you have time try and get some new ones and send them to me please?

Need them as soon as possible too (not asking much eh?) - cheers! x
    • CommentTimeMay 14th, 2009 3:47pm (May 14th 2009)

Umm oh golly gosh....... will have a go although I haven't ever done one before.
    • CommentTimeMay 14th, 2009 3:50pm (May 14th 2009)

Why? Are we going to be famous, Neil?Is it an interview??
    • CommentTimeMay 14th, 2009 4:13pm (May 14th 2009) edited

Depends if I get some good ones!

A word of warning, I tried to get some and just got a black square where the cam image was, but you might have more luck...

Thought if some did get in print, that it would be nice having had them sent in by the people that watch the hens!
      CommentAuthorVictoria
    • CommentTimeMay 14th, 2009 4:17pm (May 14th 2009)

I only got a black square when I tried to do a screen grab of the hens a while ago. I'll try it now though and see if I have better luck this time.
      CommentAuthorVictoria
    • CommentTimeMay 14th, 2009 4:21pm (May 14th 2009)

Nope.

I wonder if it might work if I right click on the hens' window, click 'stop' and then screen grab the still image. Or will 'stop' stop the video streaming forever? I don't dare try just in case...
    • CommentTimeMay 14th, 2009 4:23pm (May 14th 2009) edited

Shouldn't stop it forever (a 'refresh' would have it going again). But then again probably wouldn't solve the 'black screen' problem either.

Nobody has any screengrabs... :(
      CommentAuthorVictoria
    • CommentTimeMay 14th, 2009 4:25pm (May 14th 2009)

And the girls are dustbathing delightfully in front of the camera.
    • CommentTimeMay 14th, 2009 4:42pm (May 14th 2009)

Ok... you can do it, but it's a pain...

You need to download HyperSnap (there's a trial version you can use).

Then start it, and go into Capture -> Enable video or game capture

Enable 'dvd or video playback capture' and then you can capture properly...
      CommentAuthorDianeonWhidbey
    • CommentTimeMay 14th, 2009 4:56pm (May 14th 2009)

Would it work this way...?

• CommentTimeMay 14th, 2009 5:08pm (May 14th 2009)

Fantastic Diane! Many thanks!!

If you get any more, would love to see them...
    • CommentTimeMay 14th, 2009 5:19pm (May 14th 2009)

I can do it but only got the black screen as well
    • CommentAuthorRonald
    • CommentTimeMay 14th, 2009 6:12pm (May 14th 2009)

Which of the 2 example are you wanting?
      Screen Shot 1.jpg
    • CommentAuthorRonald
    • CommentTimeMay 14th, 2009 6:13pm (May 14th 2009)

screen shot 2
      Screen Shot 2.jpg
    • CommentAuthorRonald
    • CommentTimeMay 14th, 2009 6:26pm (May 14th 2009)

Sorry I had to reboot my computer.
    I was not sure as to which screen shot you were looking for, the main page or just the streaming video.
    • CommentTimeMay 14th, 2009 8:08pm (May 14th 2009)

oh well done Ronald that is very good. I worked out how to do it and was rather pleased with myself as I am not that good with my PC. Then when I tried it with hencam it was just dark. My son said I had done well but I needed to download a gizmo of some sort for the live streaming. I have given up after that as I will just get confused knowing me so I will leave it up to you experts.
    • CommentTimeMay 14th, 2009 8:15pm (May 14th 2009)

yes Ronald well done. I too had a try but no luck yet.
    • CommentTimeMay 14th, 2009 8:15pm (May 14th 2009)

Hi Ronald, the one only showing the webcam pic is perfect thank you!
    • CommentTimeMay 15th, 2009 12:03am (May 15th 2009)

I've mailed you the screen grab I had of Mel - it was at night so is black and white but it came out OK.
      CommentAuthorDianeonWhidbey
    • CommentTimeMay 15th, 2009 6:32am (May 15th 2009)

Here are a couple more...
      CommentAuthorDianeonWhidbey
    • CommentTimeMay 15th, 2009 6:48am (May 15th 2009)

CommentAuthorDianeonWhidbey
    • CommentTimeMay 15th, 2009 6:54am (May 15th 2009)

CommentAuthorDianeonWhidbey
    • CommentTimeMay 15th, 2009 6:56am (May 15th 2009)

I want to see Mel! That's very cool Kate. :D
    • CommentTimeMay 15th, 2009 8:42am (May 15th 2009)

wow you are all clever and to get one of Mell that is real good. can you post it so we can all see it please
    • CommentTimeMay 15th, 2009 10:13am (May 15th 2009)

Hope Kate doesn't mind, here it is:
      webcam6.jpg
    • CommentTimeMay 15th, 2009 10:32am (May 15th 2009)

Thanks guys, I've sent the pics off so hopefully one or more will get used (and I included your name so it would be even nicer if they used it and gave you credit!)

You never know...
    • CommentTimeMay 15th, 2009 11:55am (May 15th 2009) edited

That is such a good shot of mel.... well done Kate you are a star.

Diane I just managed to open the doc's you sent they are fantastic, well done you are clever.
    • CommentTimeMay 15th, 2009 7:16pm (May 15th 2009)

• CommentTimeMay 15th, 2009 8:35pm (May 15th 2009)

:computer: Well I go to the foot of our stairs what are you like Neil ? you had some all the time, just didn't know it ha ha
      CommentAuthorDianeonWhidbey
    • CommentTimeMay 16th, 2009 2:09am (May 16th 2009)

Kate - that's an amazing shot of Mel. Wow! :D
      CommentAuthorDianeonWhidbey
    • CommentTimeMay 16th, 2009 2:09am (May 16th 2009)

Thanks Nanny N! :heart:
    • CommentTimeMay 16th, 2009 8:24am (May 16th 2009)

Posted By: RedAw you fool, there's a word doc on your PC with screen grabs...called 'milly funny' or 'milly and chicks' or something, i think there's two. One of them only has screenshots of Webster, Luca and Scrambled, and the other has loads of funny or cute ones.

Lol... I did ask if we had any, by gmail and text...

Oh well, it was cute to have them sent in by the people who actually make hencam what it is, so I'm kind of glad it worked out that way.
    • CommentTimeMay 16th, 2009 10:14am (May 16th 2009)

Thats real nice Neil and it's always good to have new ones, I learned a new skill as I can do it on an ordinary page.
    • CommentTimeMay 16th, 2009 5:20pm (May 16th 2009)

It was just one of those real lucky moments - I've never seen Mel that clear before or since!

I am already credited in a book. Can't remember what its called, but my boss wrote a chapter and had to photograph my hands to show the "6 step handwash technique" and they name-checked me below the pics!!! What a hoot!
      CommentAuthorTori
    • CommentTimeMay 16th, 2009 5:43pm (May 16th 2009) edited

Ive got one of mel somewhere with really big glowing eyes hehe and one when I stayed up till midnight on a school night when hencam got 1 million hits hmmm I can only find the mel one oh well yay for mel woo oh and ps it looks more like a racoon than a mouse :D
      mel the mouse.jpg
    • CommentTimeMay 16th, 2009 5:46pm (May 16th 2009)

Brilliant! You don't think Mel's possessed, do you?:shocked:
    • CommentTimeMay 16th, 2009 6:11pm (May 16th 2009)

That's real good Vicki, her eyes look huge. Well done thats superb