• CommentTimeJul 6th, 2009 8:00pm (Jul 6th 2009)

Can you cancel 'Dennis' and call him Spike instead, Sara? :)
    • CommentTimeJul 7th, 2009 10:14am (Jul 7th 2009) edited

Well done Sara, sounds quite a big effort, brings back memories!! I have two sons (ages 35 and 37) one was 10lb and the other 9lb 6oz. :wha:

CC I like 'Spike' for a name that is cool.:coolgleamA:

Sara I usually make soup for friends when they come home from hospital but:
    1 it's to darn far to lug the pot:bored: and
    2 it's too jolly hot for soup:rant_red2: ( for you anyway).
    • CommentAuthorShobhna
    • CommentTimeJul 7th, 2009 2:16pm (Jul 7th 2009)

Sara, as soon as I make it to the shops I shall get a nice baby card on the way.
    • CommentTimeJul 7th, 2009 6:30pm (Jul 7th 2009)

You could send her a rude one - I did...:devil:
    • CommentTimeJul 7th, 2009 10:50pm (Jul 7th 2009)

One of my little cuz's middle names is Spike :bigsmile:
    • CommentTimeJul 7th, 2009 11:59pm (Jul 7th 2009)

Er, no, hang on a minute! I didn't take part in the sweepstake, just guessed right on the day. That hardly makes me a winner does it?! Now, who should I pass the babysitting duties on to instead? Come on ... someone?!!!! Anyone!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

(No offence Dennis, but I'm fully booked for babysitting for the next 16.5 years with my own granddaughter!)
      CommentAuthorJonny
    • CommentTimeJul 8th, 2009 12:19am (Jul 8th 2009)

Could someone (Sara preferably) "Whisper" me her address...I'd like to send a card from Canada!!!
    • CommentTimeJul 8th, 2009 1:14pm (Jul 8th 2009)

Jonny its back in this thread on page 3 where Charlotte popped it the other day, ooh I get to help you for a change you are always helping us with your links to goodies, thanks
    JB
    • CommentAuthorhqtrev
    • CommentTimeJul 10th, 2009 10:02am (Jul 10th 2009) edited

Hey congratulations Sara, and welcome to existence Dennis.
    • CommentAuthorsara
    • CommentTimeJul 10th, 2009 4:09pm (Jul 10th 2009)

:aparty1:I don't know how to Whisper can some1 help me..

Thanks to every one for your comments,

I think dennis should be called SUNNY.
    As he was born on one well hot day, in a room with no aircon..

When i go to register the birth next thursday, If hubby cant get time off work to come with me. I told him i'm calling him Sunny.
    Think he will get the time of work.

Well what a good baby i have, goes to sleep at 12 at night till 4.30am

then till 10am. then till 2. then 6.

So i get time to tidy the house, feed animals, do all the washing and extra washing dennis gives me, how does a small baby make so much mess though.

And why do they need so many things. Nappies,wipes,nappy bags,cream,bottles,extra clothing,

I went out today, to the play place with my son who's 3. i had to get dennis things he my need . wow took me over an hour just to do that, no more being able just to nip out.

But its good, i'm so enjoying it. As he is my last baby, cant wont go though that again.

I'd like to say CC your card was very funny, i have it up with all the rest,

KATE B THANKS FOR YOUR CARD, AND GIFT. that made my day ill take dennis shopping next week to spend it, your so kind.

'Spike' HHHMM Spike marks.. hhmmm:aparty1::046::046:

Ok better go got to get bottles ready, as for tea, looks like take away. o what happend to all that free time i had. Thanks again your all so sweet.
    chicken132@hotmail.com
    :love:
      CommentAuthorDianeonWhidbey
    • CommentTimeJul 10th, 2009 5:37pm (Jul 10th 2009)

Hi Sara - to whisper you fill in the name of the person you want to talk with in the box above the one you usually enter your comments in... Its labeled *Whisper your comments to (optional)* Then fill in your comments, as usual. Then press *Add comments,* as you usually do. :)
    • CommentTimeJul 10th, 2009 10:30pm (Jul 10th 2009)

What Diane said ;)
    • CommentAuthorhqtrev
    • CommentTimeJul 11th, 2009 2:59am (Jul 11th 2009)

What Red said.
      CommentAuthorDianeonWhidbey
    • CommentTimeJul 11th, 2009 3:46am (Jul 11th 2009)

What Trev said. Wait. Wot?
    • CommentTimeJul 11th, 2009 1:09pm (Jul 11th 2009)

Yep what Dianne said, he he he.
    • CommentTimeJul 11th, 2009 3:22pm (Jul 11th 2009)

What everyone else said. Baaaaa....:meuh:<--(in the absence of a sheep vanillacon...)
    • CommentAuthorsara
    • CommentTimeJul 11th, 2009 8:42pm (Jul 11th 2009)

:group-love:Ok you lot i think you have all gone nuts, but its all good.

Ok i have two people two say thank you to.

THANK YOU TO SHABHNA for my card, which came today very nice of you.

Also THANK YOU to Nanny North, who also sent me a card.

Which is very special,

We all know that Nanny north hasn't been on here for a bit,

we all know why, But i feel i need to say something, :group-love::group-love::group-love::group-love::group-love::group-love::group-love::group-love::group-love::group-love:

I also think every one will agree with me,

NANNY NORTH, PLEASE COME BACK AND SAY HELLO,

I miss you,

After reading back threw this topic i to can understand what a pain in the ass i was, moaning all the time,

But this little website meant a lot to me,

As most of you know i have hardly any family, haven't seen my mum since i was 15, i'm now 34. so she wasn't there for me to talk to, nor has she seen any of my children.
    So i found talking on this site helped me allot,

loved reading everyone's comments, so i do understand what you said.

All im saying now is, come back and give me a big kiss, coz i miss you, and i'm sorry for moaning..

I now want to share everyday my new baby does something special with you all.
    • CommentTimeJul 11th, 2009 9:29pm (Jul 11th 2009)

Oi, remember there are people here who don't do babies! So; no stories of poo, pee or puke, please! :D Otherwise I shall start following my chickens round with a camera focused on their bums. Then Diane will have a wobbly...:rolling:
    BTW, Charlotte did an ace job of keeping us saddoes posted, Sara; I hope you gave her a pat on the back!
    • CommentTimeJul 11th, 2009 11:09pm (Jul 11th 2009)

Last time I saw my mom was at my wedding when I was 19. I'm now 44. She hasn't seen my boys and I'm glad. She was an awful mother and for years I dreaded turning out the same way. But I think I'm a great mom and its because I was determined not to be like her! Sounds like you are a wonderful mom Sara, those kids are so lucky.

I don't know, its OK to gross Diane out talking about runny poo, but not CC by talking about baby poo! :D Seems a tad unfair doesn't it? [wicked laugh]
      CommentAuthorDianeonWhidbey
    • CommentTimeJul 12th, 2009 1:04am (Jul 12th 2009)

A TAD! Yes, yes. :P (Hey, I'm glad to hear Danny, Caitlyn, -and I assume YOU- are all okay. That's grand.)
    • CommentTimeJul 12th, 2009 11:38am (Jul 12th 2009)

Posted By: KatebI don't know, its OK to gross Diane out talking about runny poo, but not CC by talking about baby poo!Seems a tad unfair doesn't it? [wicked laugh]

:_oh_really: I can be in Birmingham in an hour, you know...
    • CommentTimeJul 12th, 2009 2:35pm (Jul 12th 2009) edited

Kateb:middlefinger:to the bad mums.

I have been up most of the night dennis has a cold, rung nhs up, they said, talk to health visitor? whos that, since i've been out hospital, iv seen midwife twice,
    I havent seen a health visitor n where on 12days today. grand isnt it.
    PhotobucketYes i thanked charlotte,Who cant stop picking her brother up,PhotobucketPhotobucket
    • CommentTimeJul 12th, 2009 3:30pm (Jul 12th 2009)

Phone your GP and ask to be put through / given the number for the health visitor. Some of them are very lazy, some of them are very good. I hope you get a good one who happens to be on holiday so hasn't come out yet! I'm so pleased your other kids are so pleased with their little brother!
    • CommentTimeJul 12th, 2009 3:31pm (Jul 12th 2009)

Sara, phone your GP first thing inn the morning. They should be able to contact your HV quickly for you. If you get a snotty receptionist who umms and ahss, then get to speak to the doctor -straight away..
    • CommentTimeJul 12th, 2009 3:32pm (Jul 12th 2009)

Ah, great minds think alike, eh Ollie?!
    • CommentTimeJul 12th, 2009 4:14pm (Jul 12th 2009)

Great pics Sara and hope little man is over his cold quickly.
    • CommentTimeJul 12th, 2009 5:25pm (Jul 12th 2009)

Kate & Ollie - simultaneous posting! Another proof of the collective unconscious...
    Hope Dennis the Menace feels better soon, Sara...
    • CommentAuthorShobhna
    • CommentTimeJul 13th, 2009 1:42pm (Jul 13th 2009)

Sara and Kateb, remember this: friends are relatives we get to choose. :-)

I spent my formative years with a horrid aunt & uncle and it has taken me many years to actully love my Mum and trust her because of what my Uncle and Aunt did to me...

Sara, hope Dennis the menace is feeling a lot better.
    • CommentAuthorsara
    • CommentTimeJul 13th, 2009 9:12pm (Jul 13th 2009)

When Dennis he was born they have a hearing test,

Dennis failed his test in one ear.

Went to hospital will dennis today, He failed the first test again,
    So had to have another one.

Had to have these patches put on his head n neck. and two things over his ears.. As little man does not cry EVER! I thought he mybe deaf.
    But after 10mins they finaly got a reaction,Thank god,
    She said he has loads fluid in his ears. So were ok..

Ive been putting nasosal drops up his nose to help him breath.

But im on day 13, And he is still sleeping 5-6 hours in the night, And no crying,
    Is this normal, every baby crys!!Even when i bath him, or change him, he never crys,
    • CommentAuthorsara
    • CommentTimeJul 13th, 2009 9:24pm (Jul 13th 2009)

http://www.lancatrescue.co.uk/Thats my mums website,
    This is a woman who got rid of all five children, to stay with a very evil man, and people think she is a saint, coz she loves cats.
    When i was a child i had to clean then out before school, which meant going to school, smelling of cats, coming home from she we had to clean the cats. At weekend help out at jumbles, or carboots, never going anywhere for kids, no hoildays,
    No hugs, never got one single kiss.
    As for my stepdad, well when i right my book, its going to be a new1 seller coz he is a sick man who needs help, All this has made me a good mum, who spends every day, hugging and kissing my children, We may live in a little house, but its clean and tidy and i do it all. I also have time for my children, So i hope one day, she does look back and see how crule she was to her children..
    • CommentAuthorsara
    • CommentTimeJul 13th, 2009 9:37pm (Jul 13th 2009)

I also rung doctors, Got hv number, I called her, She said she was going to come see me 15th july, 15days after he's born, thought they were meant to come every day.?
    • CommentTimeJul 13th, 2009 11:44pm (Jul 13th 2009)

No, the HV won't come out until the midwife has finished coming, and I think the midwife only comes out twice now. That may be fine when everything's going well, but for moms that need some extra support it isn't there. It's no wonder so many suffer post natal depression. I hope your HV will be able to reassure you about Dennis's hearing.

I am so pleased we have both come out of our childhood as good parents. Shobhna - I'm sorry you had a bad childhood too. Congrats on getting your relationship back with your mom. I won't be doing that!
      CommentAuthorJonny
    • CommentTimeJul 14th, 2009 3:35am (Jul 14th 2009) edited

You ladies are amazing... I salute you..really..my X had a "rough" childhood..her father..but her mum is a saint..although now she is starting to suffer from Alzheimer's (the mum.. not the X..she's fine! :) ). I've always found that people who can survive a "tough" childhood turn out to be the best people..they really know what "not" to do...and what is right..the others sadly repeat the cycle..:(

P.S. Sara..I WILL get you a card.. I just have to remember to do it after work..sigh!
      CommentAuthorJonny
    • CommentTimeJul 14th, 2009 3:46am (Jul 14th 2009) edited

Lovely pics by the way...Charlotte's a GREAT big sister.. and Dennis looks like a tough bloke .. and Arthur is cute as ever!
    • CommentAuthorsara
    • CommentTimeJul 14th, 2009 12:14pm (Jul 14th 2009)

Jonny they should of made more men like you, Your sure are a nice chap. Thank you.

Kateb I did get post natal depression with my last son,

Think i just wanted a family to come and see my children, so all that didn't help,
    A few more years on, as you do get older,
    You learn to live with what you have, and make more friends on the way.
    That's what i have done.

I have an old man who is 83, he lives about 6 doors down from me,

He is my children's granddad has been for about 6years now, He never married no children, so he treats mine Like his own grandchildren.

Which is nice, I help him with his shopping, hubby does his gardening and anything that needs doing in the house,

I have two friends Adam and Niki,

who hubby and I met when we was out clubbing about 8years ago, they are my children's aunty and uncle.
    So i have a made up family, who want to be my family, Silly really, but it helps.
    • CommentTimeJul 14th, 2009 7:12pm (Jul 14th 2009)

That is so lovely Sara. They will appreciate you just as much as you do them.
    • CommentTimeJul 14th, 2009 10:31pm (Jul 14th 2009)

My little cuz is partially deaf. He gets to wear the dudiest hearing aids ever, one red and one blue they rock!! :cool:
    • CommentTimeJul 14th, 2009 11:51pm (Jul 14th 2009)

Sara that is great about your 'gathered' family!! It is so nice that you all have a grandfather figure just down the road. 'Nice' old people are so interesting.

Its great that they do things like that for kids nowadays Red.
    • CommentTimeJul 15th, 2009 12:28am (Jul 15th 2009)

Yep, no getting confused which is left or right either!
    • CommentTimeJul 15th, 2009 2:01am (Jul 15th 2009)

Sara, I love the way you have made your family..it sounds perfect...not everyone is lucky enough to be able to choose a family like that. You're a very special lady.
    • CommentAuthorShobhna
    • CommentTimeJul 15th, 2009 1:58pm (Jul 15th 2009)

Sara, you have lots of friends here and so have I.
    I was surprised and humbled to find out that so many friends care what happens to me and that has given me strength to carry on rather then locking the door and drawing the blinds.....or doing something much more drastic. :-)
    • CommentTimeJul 15th, 2009 3:03pm (Jul 15th 2009)

Posted By: Kateb'Nice' old people are so interesting.

One of my best friends was 50 years and 364 days older than me...I miss her a lot.
    • CommentTimeJul 16th, 2009 7:44am (Jul 16th 2009)

Here you go Sara, advice for you...
    "When my kids become wild & unruly I use a nice safe playpen. When they're finished, I climb out."
    Erma Bombeck
    • CommentAuthorsara
    • CommentTimeJul 16th, 2009 3:45pm (Jul 16th 2009)

init sister you sound like a strong lady. They make the best friends. I have joined a few site, But i found because my english (spelling) is poor, people were very rude, so i'd leave.
    You all know i found this site by fault. Didnt even know about milly n the cam on the hens...

But what a welcome, I have told some many people about this site.

Anyway..
    Today i registard DENNIS ALAN BARRY MARKS..
    He was sleeping so peacefully. then their fire alarm went off.. I jump dennis stayed sleeping.. just testing alarms, then there pc broke down. O what fun that was.
    But its all done now..

And the school hoildays start today 16july till sept7th o my what am i going to do. Im gona end up with grey hair by sept...

Plus my husband has invited his mum to our house for tea on sunday, Her husband. my husbands dad has gone on a moto bike trip, one end of england to the other for two weeks, so hubby thought it would be a good idea to invite his mum over.

Like i have time to make a nice t. Ive been liveing on bannars. and water.. since having baby.
    SO I NEED HELP WHAT QUICK EASY BUT NICE TO MAKE FOR MOTHER IN LAW FOR TEA???????
    • CommentTimeJul 16th, 2009 4:31pm (Jul 16th 2009)

Takeaway. :D
    • CommentTimeJul 16th, 2009 7:23pm (Jul 16th 2009)

Sara, I loved the school hols when my children were small. No daily clock watching or having to get ready, all that treking through whatever weather to school!

Hols are lazy days, usually starting all in the one bed, then slobbing around, no structured timetable. Just make sure eve meal all with Daddy is organised, planned a few days ahead saves a lot of anxt.

Invite M-in-Law to stay a while, make it VERY clear that she comes to run your home for you while you concentrate on the baby!!! Just be so grateful, she will be your friend for ever and you will have a nice rest..
    • CommentTimeJul 16th, 2009 11:27pm (Jul 16th 2009)

Hubby invited her, let him make tea!!!

Is she the sort of mother in law that will sit there and expect to be waited on, or will she get up and help you? Personally I like CC's suggestion - order a curry or chinese!
    • CommentTimeJul 17th, 2009 5:51am (Jul 17th 2009) edited

Or fish 'n' chips...actually, just pour two bottles of Hoi Sin sauce(any supermarket), a bottle of red wine and some pepper into a bowl, whisk it together then tip it over spare ribs and/or ch****n pieces (sorry, Red!) and slam it in the oven and leave it. Medium temperature, but the longer you leave it to fester, the better it tastes. I chuck it on a plate with rice. Job's a good 'un! Blimey, that's 2 recipes in a week...I think I might go for a lie down now...:shocked:
    • CommentAuthorShobhna
    • CommentTimeJul 17th, 2009 9:01am (Jul 17th 2009)

CC..you are good in the kitchen, you just don't want anyone to know. :-)
    • CommentTimeJul 17th, 2009 11:09am (Jul 17th 2009)

yES You are a closet chef I just know it, and I am going to try that with the ribs it sounds yummy and easy!
    • CommentTimeJul 17th, 2009 5:58pm (Jul 17th 2009)

It is sooooo simple that even I've never cocked it up. Try it on ma-in-law, Sarah; if I can do it, it's foolproof...:tooth:
    • CommentAuthorsara
    • CommentTimeJul 17th, 2009 7:04pm (Jul 17th 2009)

:yay_jump:CC I MY HAVE JUST WET MYSELF, GOD I WISH YOU WAS MY MUM. I LOVE YOU TO BITS,.

You have my my family laugh...

Anyway lets start from the top..

Takeaway.. hhhmm mum in law dont think she does that..

Ollie School hoildays, means lots of days out. me and kids when hubbys at work.
    Were quite old fashion in my house, so always have tea together.
    As for inviteing her to stay, I live in a match box,
    No more room at the in ..

I have known m in law nearly 9 years, n no she wouldnt help around the house, She has a big beautiful house, runs her own old peps home. So she defo hasnt time to help me.

expect to be waited on YES!!
    she made it clear 3 yrs ago, When i gave birth to her 1st grandson,
    That she dont do babysitting either.

Anyway i have the best answer cc come round and cook for me... :yay_jump::yay_jump::yay_jump::yay_jump::yay_jump::yay_jump:
    • CommentAuthorTracyB
    • CommentTimeJul 17th, 2009 7:08pm (Jul 17th 2009)

how about whizzing to asda and buying some lambshanks - they do them ready done and I think you do a boil in the bag type job. My friend how doesn't reall do pre-prepared says they are really good, heaps full of veggies and gravy - works for me, then strawberries and cream - who could resist.
    • CommentAuthorsara
    • CommentTimeJul 17th, 2009 7:11pm (Jul 17th 2009)

lambshanks.. is that lamb..
    Its the only meat i dont eat. But i like the ready done thing...
    • CommentAuthorTracyB
    • CommentTimeJul 17th, 2009 7:22pm (Jul 17th 2009)

If I was you - I'd go and have a nose in the pre-prepared section of a supermarket or how about a chicken breast wrapped in parma ham - cooked in the oven with new potatoes and salad. Thats a nice easy one. :-)
    • CommentAuthorsara
    • CommentTimeJul 17th, 2009 7:30pm (Jul 17th 2009)

chicken breast wrapped sssshhh Red my read, dont forget the code.....

CH~:"£n breast thats sounds good..
    And as im trying to get my figure back salad sounds great, love new potatoes. No peeling.
    I have an asad at the back of my house.. So ill nip there tomorrow..
    • CommentTimeJul 17th, 2009 8:04pm (Jul 17th 2009)

Posted By: saraAnyway i have the best answer cc come round and cook for me

I'll have that framed and hung in the kitchen by the fire alarm and 'ACCIDENTS' sign. No I'm not kidding - ask Shobhna...

Posted By: saraCC I MAY HAVE JUST WET MYSELF,

Too much information.

Posted By: saraGOD I WISH YOU WAS MY MUM.

No you don't. Anyway, I haven't got any extra hutches for childcare...
    • CommentTimeJul 18th, 2009 2:45am (Jul 18th 2009)

ha ha all the above very fuuny and gives one a huge lift on this cold cold morning, ok its all of 13 degrees but that is chilly here!
    • CommentTimeJul 18th, 2009 2:08pm (Jul 18th 2009)

So basically your MIL is doing OK in the money stakes but isn't much cop in the family ones. We babysat Caitlyn yesterday "for a couple of hours" - make that 5 hours! She was wonderful! Such a source of amusement - I've never laughed so much as I do when she's around. Not bad for an 18 month old!
    • CommentTimeJul 19th, 2009 12:05am (Jul 19th 2009)

Posted By: KatebHubby invited her, let him make tea!!!

Agreed! :P
    • CommentTimeJul 19th, 2009 1:56am (Jul 19th 2009)

So it WILL be a takeaway then...
    • CommentAuthorsara
    • CommentTimeJul 19th, 2009 10:55pm (Jul 19th 2009)

Wow i did well, went to asda, got baby potatoes and salad, and chicken in barbie q sauce, added sliced egg and grated cheese and colwslaw.(spelling wrong sorry)
    And we all ate it all. And pavlova and cream. So thanks to everyone for your help. we did it, and no one has the runs. Well not yet....
    No it was ok really, Kids were good and wasnt to many quite moments...
    • CommentTimeJul 19th, 2009 11:11pm (Jul 19th 2009)

Well done Sara.
    That was a hurdle well handled.
    She will consider you as fantastic and aprove of her son's choice.
    • CommentTimeJul 19th, 2009 11:36pm (Jul 19th 2009)

Woohoo Sara :hurray:
    • CommentTimeJul 20th, 2009 3:35am (Jul 20th 2009)

:045:Cooking is soooooo stressful...you did brilliantly!
    • CommentTimeJul 20th, 2009 5:04am (Jul 20th 2009)

wel done sara, see you can do it with some ideas from the gang and help frorm the local store. You dont have to cook everyhting form scratch, good girl!!!:wink2:
    • CommentTimeJul 20th, 2009 6:54am (Jul 20th 2009)

Way to go Sara!:cheerleader:
    • CommentAuthorShobhna
    • CommentTimeJul 20th, 2009 12:57pm (Jul 20th 2009)

:milly_hen::grubby_duck::frog3:
    • CommentTimeJul 20th, 2009 8:05pm (Jul 20th 2009)

Sounds yummy! Well done Sara - hope the family helped out too.
    • CommentAuthorsara
    • CommentTimeJul 20th, 2009 9:26pm (Jul 20th 2009)

I think we all should clap together..

Well 1st day school hoildays. We went on a pick nik. Ok Bit windy but it was nice. Then charlotte thought it be a good idea if we ran around the park hhhmm. That was fun, With these boobs That im not used to having. Well my son who is 3 can run faster than me.
    • CommentAuthorsara
    • CommentTimeJul 20th, 2009 9:48pm (Jul 20th 2009)

Photobuckettoday at the parkPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketdennis after the park.Photobucket
    • CommentAuthorsara
    • CommentTimeJul 20th, 2009 9:51pm (Jul 20th 2009)

So any idea of what we do for the other 6 weeks and 6days of school hoilday, Hubby dont want me taking kids anywhere were these aloads of people. because of this flu thats going round.
    • CommentTimeJul 20th, 2009 10:01pm (Jul 20th 2009)

Fresh air in the park is quite clean.
    S-flu' is no more prevalent then ordinary flu'
    Do you panic over ordinary flu'?
    • CommentAuthorShobhna
    • CommentTimeJul 21st, 2009 8:55am (Jul 21st 2009) edited

better to be cautious though.

I'm going to put Ma under house arrest soon. She is already poorly and the last thing I want her to get is the flu. I think it would finish her off.
    • CommentTimeJul 21st, 2009 2:57pm (Jul 21st 2009)

You just need to make sure you have good hand hygiene at all times, and remember to catch it, bin it, kill it. (Use a tissue, throw it away, wash your hands). It is believed that it is less prevalent in the USA and Aus because they are better at following those rules and the population isn't as dense as here. If you're breastfeeding Dennis (Sara, not Shobhna!) then he's getting the best protection he can. How long are people going to shut themselves away for? Ordinary flu is a lot more dangerous!
      CommentAuthorDianeonWhidbey
    • CommentTimeJul 21st, 2009 4:09pm (Jul 21st 2009)

Over here we are all practicing coughing into our elbows...
    • CommentAuthorsara
    • CommentTimeJul 21st, 2009 4:54pm (Jul 21st 2009)

Do you panic over ordinary flu'Nope.. I got mega flu when pregant. Couldnt even lift a pen. Good that wasnt nice, couldnt take anything for it.

It my hubby, he makes everyone wash hands and use that gel stuff before they wake up... I think im washing the skin of my hands, they get washed that much.

We will all be ok i think.#
    Anyway what a day rain rain rain, no playing out for anyone, so i cleaned house, charlotte played on pc, athur played on the play zone game. where he has to excercise, bit like a wee but a lot cheaper.

Hope we get some sun soon..
    • CommentTimeJul 21st, 2009 7:08pm (Jul 21st 2009)

Us oldies are better protected from the flu' as we have our injections every Autumn and build up the immunity over the years.
    No sense in taking risks with Mum though init as she's not too well just now. She could possibly be quite relieved to have an excuse not to have to toddle out!
    • CommentTimeJul 21st, 2009 7:31pm (Jul 21st 2009)

Thanks for sharing the pics Sara :001_smile:

I'm not as worried about Swine Flu as I was about bird flu - nobody's threatening to kill my chucks this time! :bigsmile:
    • CommentAuthorTracyB
    • CommentTimeJul 21st, 2009 9:47pm (Jul 21st 2009)

Glad to see dinner wth Mother-in-Law went weel, and glad to see you didn't get too stressed out with the cooking - unfortunaltey, wher eto go with the kids durign the holiday I might have to leave to someone else as I have no idea on that front :-)

You could however come to Corby town Centre on Saturday as we have a petting zoo with pigby goats and sheep and pigs as well as some more exotic lizards and nakes etc, all in aid of getting kids to see new animals, hold then etc and its fr - just need to pay for parking. :-) Ph and its out beach party first week in August, big sand pit for the littles ones to play in surf simulaor for the kids (all free too) etc and a chance to win £1000 towards a holiday. Oh God I went in to work mode - Sorry....
    • CommentAuthorTracyB
    • CommentTimeJul 21st, 2009 9:48pm (Jul 21st 2009)

sorry for the spelling on that one must be nearly time to go to bed.
    • CommentTimeJul 22nd, 2009 3:49am (Jul 22nd 2009)

:drinkparty: :rolling:
    So if you're in Corby you aren't far from Sara then? Ooo, another Hencam meet in the offing?:)
    • CommentTimeJul 22nd, 2009 2:55pm (Jul 22nd 2009)

Make sure you use handcream too Sara. Constant washing takes away any 'good' bacteria that takes care of your hands and stops them getting dry.
    • CommentAuthorsara
    • CommentTimeJul 22nd, 2009 4:08pm (Jul 22nd 2009)

TracyB

That sounds great, but ive been cody once, so do you have a post code or address i can put into sat nav, or i'll get lost.

Yes CC im not that far from cody,but i dont go far as i always get lost, so hubby bought me my friend the sat nav, i totaly love and trust it, never let me down, (touch wood)

Well what a night i had, my little man Dennis wanted to stay awake all night, everytime i thought he was going to go to sleep. boo he'd wake up with p*" nappy or wanting a feed. I did fall asleep with him in my arms on the bed, which is scary.
    Charlottes taken arthur to park today, so ive had a rest this morning while Den final went to sleep, Nextdoors 9kids are playing in there garden so got woken up.
    Never mind who needs sleep anyway... lol..xx

Kateb i was going to buy some carex hand gel that kills bacteria, last week from asda, it was 44p, I bought some this week it had gone up to £1.39,
    I was shocked but i did buy some.

ollie You have shocked me. i didnt think you was an oldie?

Red dont you have hencam met ups?
    • CommentTimeJul 22nd, 2009 6:03pm (Jul 22nd 2009)

Posted By: saraRed dont you have hencam met ups?

I've met up with a few hencammers...

Trev came to Keele Uni to visit me and saw the wonders of E Block.

Ace came to Keele too and we had our illegal BBQ outside E Block and went and walked round Keele Hall. They're good fun, but remember internet safety at all times haha, blah blah blah :D
    • CommentTimeJul 22nd, 2009 6:03pm (Jul 22nd 2009)

Posted By: saraWell what a night i had, my little man Dennis wanted to stay awake all night,
    Should've just got more chickens instead...:D

Nextdoors 9kids

Blimey, haven't they got a telly??:shocked:
    • CommentAuthorTracyB
    • CommentTimeJul 22nd, 2009 6:07pm (Jul 22nd 2009)

Hi Sara Post Code for the Car Park is NN17 1PD, Road Name Westcott Way. If you have a look on the website www.willowplace.co.uk there is a getting here section which will link you to a google map. :-)
    • CommentAuthorsara
    • CommentTimeJul 23rd, 2009 9:49am (Jul 23rd 2009)

CC My little man slept for 6hours... SIX HOURS SLEEP WICKED, I feel all refreshed..

Tracy thanks I'll take a look.
    • CommentTimeJul 23rd, 2009 5:04pm (Jul 23rd 2009)

Posted By: sara My little man slept for 6hours...

Gin is a wonderful thing...did you put some on his dummy too?:drinkparty: :D
    • CommentTimeJul 24th, 2009 12:42am (Jul 24th 2009)

I've told you before but for newcomers - Mum in law iving in London, over heard two of these posh nannies discussing how they got their charges to get to sleep.
    One admitted to a little alchohol in the last bottle!!!
    The other said she just left the unlit gas tap on for a while!!!
    • CommentTimeJul 24th, 2009 12:45am (Jul 24th 2009)

Sounds excellent to me....:devil:
    • CommentAuthorsara
    • CommentTimeJul 24th, 2009 11:27am (Jul 24th 2009)

No, no gin, I dont drink, Im nuts away way with out that, so no drnk for dennis.
    Anyway he didnt have good night sleep last night, he woke twice for a feed.

Anyway my wounderfull hubby came home yesterday with big smiles, and a carry bag, saying i bought you a gift.

He bought me a wii, plus wii fit board and game, so i can get into shape again, hhmmmm, ok the kids think its great...:toilet_wait:
    • CommentAuthorTracyB
    • CommentTimeJul 24th, 2009 6:17pm (Jul 24th 2009)

I've got a wii fit - I used it loads to start with but I have very little will power so it just sits looking at me from under the TV at the moment (its looking at me know, I can see it out of hte corner of m eye)
    • CommentTimeJul 24th, 2009 8:06pm (Jul 24th 2009)

If LSE bought me a wee fit I don't know if I'd laugh or cry...
    • CommentAuthorTracyB
    • CommentTimeJul 24th, 2009 8:56pm (Jul 24th 2009)

I use the wii more to play games with my sis - Lara Croft etc swords and shooting etc.. etc.
    • CommentTimeJul 24th, 2009 9:13pm (Jul 24th 2009)

G'daughter has one. Think I'll have a few sessions after hols.
    That'll be good for a laugh if nothing else - Ollie going - ablobble, ablobble, on the mat thing!!!
    • CommentTimeJul 25th, 2009 6:06pm (Jul 25th 2009)

Right, it's taken me 21 hours to think this one up; if LSE bought me a wee fit, I'd have a wee fit.
    I'll get my coat, shall I? :\
    • CommentAuthorTracyB
    • CommentTimeJul 25th, 2009 6:10pm (Jul 25th 2009)

its probaly hanging on the bottom of the stairs if you haven't picked it up yet :fingersear:
    • CommentTimeJul 25th, 2009 10:12pm (Jul 25th 2009)

:crazy:
    • CommentAuthorsara
    • CommentTimeJul 25th, 2009 10:17pm (Jul 25th 2009)

CC 21 HOUR U DID GOOD.....
    But i think u was beaten by tracy with (its looking at me know, I can see it out of hte corner of m eye)
    That to was funny..

ollie its really good fun, I have been jogging in my front room. I have my own trainer, she is a pushy cow, dont think she know i just had a baby, if she did think she would go easy on me, It says i have a body of a 51 yr old, mega cheeky.

New photos taken yesterday, Babys growing so fast, he was trying to push on his feet yesterday, lifts his head up for atleast 30sec now.

PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket