• CommentTimeOct 8th, 2009 11:29pm (Oct 8th 2009)

Have you seen this site Sara?

If you click on the pictures it gives you tips on how they did it I think. Not sure what type of tank would be Arthur's favourite, but there must be some good ideas here!
    • CommentAuthorsara
    • CommentTimeOct 11th, 2009 8:00pm (Oct 11th 2009)

Thank you thank you thankyou, that's just what i needed, yes im going to take photos, good or bad, i'll show you, going to start it tomorrow.
    His birthday is 18th this sunday, thanks again.
    • CommentAuthorsara
    • CommentTimeOct 13th, 2009 9:58pm (Oct 13th 2009)

one tank cake

Took me two days.

Photobucket
    • CommentTimeOct 13th, 2009 10:11pm (Oct 13th 2009)

Sara. These are magnificent - (not that I care at all for this particular subject).
    You should think about taking orders.
    Plenty of loot to be made with stuff like this.
    • CommentTimeOct 14th, 2009 4:43am (Oct 14th 2009)

Magic, girl! He'll be tickled skinny! Ollie's right; you've missed a vocation there...:D
    • CommentAuthorShobhna
    • CommentTimeOct 14th, 2009 8:07am (Oct 14th 2009)

Sara, that is excellent.
    Your little muchkin will be thrilled with this. :-)
    Maybe you should look into doing this for others.
    • CommentAuthorTracyB
    • CommentTimeOct 14th, 2009 7:26pm (Oct 14th 2009)

Brilliant Cake Sarah - the guys are right you should make some money out of it.... perhaps you could show pics to your friends and hubbies work colleagues you might get a few orders. T.
    • CommentTimeOct 14th, 2009 10:30pm (Oct 14th 2009)

Fantastic!!! Let us know what Arthur thinks of it won't you. I wish I was that talented - I have trouble making butterfly wings on butterfly cakes! I love it and I'm sure you're little boy will too.
    • CommentTimeOct 15th, 2009 7:12am (Oct 15th 2009)

Wow!! Sara that is just amazing..you did such a great job on that cake. I know Arty is going to just LOVE it.
    • CommentTimeOct 15th, 2009 12:25pm (Oct 15th 2009)

Oh Sarah you did it, way to go girl that is one magnificent cake. Good on you!!!!!!:cheer:
    • CommentAuthorsara
    • CommentTimeOct 15th, 2009 6:10pm (Oct 15th 2009)

Thanks for all your comments, Your all so kind.

Really enjoyed doing it.I'm much better at painting, Imay make another one at christmas.

Some of it you cant eat like the grass and army men, but i think we will be eating green cake for a long time.
    Party one is on saturday, Thats the one at the play center with his friends from school, Sunday we having one at home, That's when we will cut the cake.

I have booked my two boys christening, For the7th Feb, Something to look forward to after christmas.
    So anyone who lives near and want to come to the after due is more than welcome.
    I'm only alound 50 guest at the church.As there is another family having christening to.

Looking forward to that, Seeing my hubby in a suit. Seeing Arthur in a suit.
    • CommentAuthorsara
    • CommentTimeOct 17th, 2009 10:01pm (Oct 17th 2009)

Arthurs 1st party today, It went very well, everyone loved the cake, Arthur is still awake it 10pm, and he is looking forward to tomorrow, Cant beleive my boys going to be 4.
    They grow up so fast.
    • CommentAuthorTracyB
    • CommentTimeOct 18th, 2009 4:42pm (Oct 18th 2009)

Bless Sara - glad you all had a good time at the party and hope the family day goes as well. We went to Gary's sisters last night for her birthday - saw Gary's new nephew who is only a wekk old - got all the normal questions - when are you going to get married - when are you having children. We've been together for 18 years and not done either so you;d think they have got the message by now wouldn't you - not going to happen.
    • CommentTimeOct 18th, 2009 5:26pm (Oct 18th 2009)

Posted By: TracyB got all the normal questions - when are you having children.

I get the same. As my nan used to say, misery loves company! :tooth:
    • CommentTimeOct 18th, 2009 8:53pm (Oct 18th 2009)

Take no notice of them Tracy, when you have kids all you get is "how are they? when are you having another? when are they making you a grandma?" I think families have stock questions that they feel duty bound to ask dependent on your circumstances! I imagine CC has given some very colourful responses over the years!!!!
    • CommentTimeOct 19th, 2009 5:52pm (Oct 19th 2009)

• CommentTimeOct 19th, 2009 6:25pm (Oct 19th 2009)

WHOAH! Those cakes looks awesome Sara, well done!! :gasp:
      CommentAuthorDianeonWhidbey
    • CommentTimeOct 19th, 2009 7:10pm (Oct 19th 2009)

Posted By: chief chickenI just tell 'em I can't bear children and let them draw their own conclusions...

OMG that is HILARIOUS!

• CommentTimeOct 19th, 2009 7:58pm (Oct 19th 2009)

:tooth:
    • CommentTimeOct 20th, 2009 4:40am (Oct 20th 2009)

he he he well said CC
    • CommentAuthorsara
    • CommentTimeOct 20th, 2009 4:28pm (Oct 20th 2009)

THE START OF THE PARTY DAY
    • CommentAuthorsara
    • CommentTimeOct 20th, 2009 4:29pm (Oct 20th 2009)

Athur and mummy, Doesnt Arty look smart
    • CommentAuthorsara
    • CommentTimeOct 20th, 2009 4:31pm (Oct 20th 2009)

Hubby at the party.
    • CommentAuthorsara
    • CommentTimeOct 20th, 2009 4:33pm (Oct 20th 2009)

• CommentAuthorsara
    • CommentTimeOct 20th, 2009 4:35pm (Oct 20th 2009)

CHARLOTTE AND NEW BOYFRIEND
    • CommentAuthorsara
    • CommentTimeOct 20th, 2009 4:41pm (Oct 20th 2009)

• CommentAuthorsara
    • CommentTimeOct 20th, 2009 4:43pm (Oct 20th 2009)

He loved his cake
    • CommentAuthorsara
    • CommentTimeOct 20th, 2009 4:46pm (Oct 20th 2009)

Photobucket

All to much for little Dennis
    • CommentAuthorsara
    • CommentTimeOct 20th, 2009 4:46pm (Oct 20th 2009)

• CommentAuthorsara
    • CommentTimeOct 20th, 2009 4:50pm (Oct 20th 2009)

The 2nd paty at home. my phone died this day so i only got a couple photos. Got a new phone today.Photobucket
    • CommentAuthorsara
    • CommentTimeOct 20th, 2009 4:52pm (Oct 20th 2009)

Photobucket we had fire works and Arty did his 1st sparklers.
    • CommentAuthorsara
    • CommentTimeOct 20th, 2009 4:54pm (Oct 20th 2009)

25 birthday cards my son got, thats arty in his new pj's
    • CommentAuthorsara
    • CommentTimeOct 20th, 2009 4:57pm (Oct 20th 2009)

This is Grandad Ken,

He's not really ur grandad, but as we dont have one, And Ken has no family,

we thought we would make him our grandad,
    He shares our birthdays and christmas with us.
    • CommentAuthorsara
    • CommentTimeOct 20th, 2009 4:58pm (Oct 20th 2009)

Look at my cat Colin, chilling out on the seaty
    • CommentTimeOct 20th, 2009 5:45pm (Oct 20th 2009)

Sara, What a wonderful time you had.
    All that work was well worth it.
    Those children are so lucky to have you as their Mum.
    Happy New Phone.
    :sun:
    • CommentTimeOct 20th, 2009 10:37pm (Oct 20th 2009)

Thank you for sharing the pictures of the party with us, Sara. Arty sure looks like he enjoyed his day...he's a darling little guy.
    • CommentTimeOct 20th, 2009 11:14pm (Oct 20th 2009)

I'm glad you all had a good time and thanks for sharing the photos!

Grandad Ken looks very pleased to have been 'adopted' by you all. Colin is very non-plussed by it all!

By the way, I posted you the ink stick today. Don't know how long it'll take to get to you though if the postmen strike!
    • CommentTimeOct 22nd, 2009 2:05am (Oct 22nd 2009)

Oh Sara what a lovely collection of photos recording such a happy time for all. How nice to adopt grandad Ken, there should be more of this, I am sure there are lots of people without grandfolk or family who would love to be 'matched' up. :biggrin:
    • CommentAuthorShobhna
    • CommentTimeOct 23rd, 2009 1:50pm (Oct 23rd 2009)

Sara, lovely photos and what a lovley party.
    I love your Grandpa too.

also thanks for keeping in touch with me by text. It keeps my spirits up. :-)
    • CommentTimeOct 23rd, 2009 6:42pm (Oct 23rd 2009)

Peach & cranberry juice & vodka. My goddaughter drinks it. Bleurgh...as hairy godmother, I thought it was my duty to see she's brung up proper like wot I was, but she won't drink pints. :\
    • CommentAuthorsara
    • CommentTimeOct 24th, 2009 10:44pm (Oct 24th 2009)

1st BIG SHOUT OUT TO KATE, THANK YOU SO MUCH, Got the stick and it worked, All the pen has come off, good job as the little boy did it again.So i had to do it all again, All pen's have been removed.
    • CommentAuthorsara
    • CommentTimeOct 24th, 2009 11:01pm (Oct 24th 2009)

I got a letter back from hospital.

Thank you for referring Dennis up to the outpatients clinic where i saw him today.
    He is now 15weeks of age and his problems were really around the age 5 -6 weeks.
    At this time he had 3 episodes which were all fairly similar. On the first episode he was sitting in a bouncy chair, he suddenly appeared to be chocking and could not get his breath.
    His tongue was out and he was frothing at the mouth.
    He had two similar choking type episodes and his parents where very helpfully brought a video that showed one of these episodes today.
    In himself he is otherwise well.
    He feeds well if anything a bit too greedily! He is thriving and happy.
    On examination today he was a delightful, well and happy baby, Examination was entirely unremarkable.
    On looking at the video and hearing mum and dad's explanation i suspect these were REFLUX EPISODES where the milk came to the top of his airway. and he blocked off his airway as a reflex and took sometime to sort himself out.
    I explained this fully to parents today and answered their questions. As he has not had any for the past few weeks i think it would be over the top to commence him on anti-reflux medication and i think they were in agreement with this today, I have not arranged to see him again in clinic but would be happy to do so if you felt this was necessary.
    wow isnt this good news..
    • CommentTimeOct 25th, 2009 12:35am (Oct 25th 2009)

That is great news about Dennis!! I'm so glad it was something very simple (despite being horrendously scary) - your video will have really helped them out.

And I'm glad the ink stick worked! Put it somewhere safe ready for when either Arthur finds the pens, or Dennis gets to be old enough to recreate his brother's escapades!!!
    • CommentTimeOct 25th, 2009 8:52am (Oct 25th 2009)

:great:Sara, that was a very worthwhile exercise and you now have a helpful explanation for Dennis's choking episodes. Well done and so glad you have it sorted.
    • CommentTimeOct 25th, 2009 5:08pm (Oct 25th 2009)

Glad that's serted - and that it isn't a big problem. A relief for you!
    • CommentTimeOct 25th, 2009 6:46pm (Oct 25th 2009)

I'm so glad that they have come up with an answer. I hope it's the right one, and Dennis will be alright now.
    • CommentAuthorsara
    • CommentTimeOct 29th, 2009 8:15pm (Oct 29th 2009)

HIRED A BIKE.. With trailer for Arthur, and look what happendPhotobucketPhotobucket SNAP. The bar broke...

They had to brink me another trailer, good job i had there number in my phone, whiles we waited we took these photos..PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket
    • CommentAuthorsara
    • CommentTimeOct 29th, 2009 8:17pm (Oct 29th 2009)

• CommentTimeOct 29th, 2009 8:22pm (Oct 29th 2009) edited

• CommentTimeNov 1st, 2009 8:56am (Nov 1st 2009)

:bigsmile:Sara I just love that b & w photo of Charlotte and Arthur walking off down the road together hand in hand. It conjurs up all sorts of images for me......I may have to go and do some writing it evokes quite a range of emotions. :_ouch::nodyes::wink2::biggrin:
    • CommentAuthorsara
    • CommentTimeNov 1st, 2009 10:11pm (Nov 1st 2009)

thanks hun.
    • CommentAuthorShobhna
    • CommentTimeNov 2nd, 2009 9:08am (Nov 2nd 2009)

excellent photos :-)
    • CommentAuthorsara
    • CommentTimeNov 4th, 2009 9:26pm (Nov 4th 2009)

Thanks
    • CommentAuthorsara
    • CommentTimeNov 10th, 2009 10:18pm (Nov 10th 2009)

Does anyone know about babys and swimming, I take baby swimming, A lady came up to me whiles i was in the pool and told me that a baby under the age of 6months can swim under water. I dont want to let go of him and try. but i do want to know if she is right does any1 know anything about this???
    • CommentTimeNov 10th, 2009 11:12pm (Nov 10th 2009)

Do they do any baby swimming classes at your pool? They'd know. I used to take mine when they were babies and they couldn't, so I think it might be an urban myth.
    • CommentAuthorTracyB
    • CommentTimeNov 11th, 2009 6:57pm (Nov 11th 2009)

My neighbours grandchild loves the water, he goes to special classes with his mum, he'se being going for about 6 months since he was 6 months old, they do lots of games and sing songs abd go under water splash about - it looked excellent on the video she showed me - he loves it.
    • CommentAuthorsara
    • CommentTimeNov 11th, 2009 10:50pm (Nov 11th 2009)

Aqualight babies. from birth to 4years www.aqualightbabies.co.uk
    they do underwater swimming with babys. and photos, i will ring in the morning.
    Kateb yes try do classes, im going to ask tomoorw when i go.

Baby Dennis and i entered a competition to design a logo for a children center, WE CAME 3RD...
    we won a silver picture frame...
    • CommentAuthorTracyB
    • CommentTimeNov 12th, 2009 5:59pm (Nov 12th 2009)

Excellent well done to both of you.
    • CommentAuthorsara
    • CommentTimeNov 12th, 2009 10:28pm (Nov 12th 2009)

Charlottes boyfriend has dumped her, she is heart broken, Taking her away for weekend, going north, To see my nanna, show her the baby..
    • CommentTimeNov 12th, 2009 11:10pm (Nov 12th 2009)

Oh dear, is that her first heartbreak? She was obviously too good for him. A weekend away will do her good, and seeing your nana will do you good!
    • CommentTimeNov 13th, 2009 5:43pm (Nov 13th 2009)

He'll come crawling back. And she'll be unavailable...
    • CommentAuthorsara
    • CommentTimeNov 23rd, 2009 7:04pm (Nov 23rd 2009)

The trip away was nice Nanna loves the baby, She knitted him a jumper,
    We also went to blackpool, been a few years since we been there, What a bump its truning out to be. police running after drunks. It wasnt even that late.

And you was right about the Ex boyfriend, He texted her the other day. Asking if they could be friends. I asked Charlotte if she still loved him, She said yes, So can you be friends with someone you still love?
    • CommentTimeNov 23rd, 2009 7:13pm (Nov 23rd 2009)

Not satisfactorily, no. He wants to have his cake, eat it AND lick the bowl. Kick his ar*e down the road...he means he wants a safety net in case the one he's with now dumps him...
    Cynical? Moi? :)
    • CommentTimeNov 23rd, 2009 11:41pm (Nov 23rd 2009)

I agree CC, but she's young and not as cynical as us, and until she's been messed around she'll believe him and think they can still be together as a couple.
    • CommentTimeNov 24th, 2009 5:37pm (Nov 24th 2009)

Make Carlotte read this, Sara; she'll be mortified...but enlightened! I spoke from experience, by the way, not just cynicism...I'm so glad I'm not 18 any more!
    • CommentAuthorTracyB
    • CommentTimeNov 24th, 2009 8:35pm (Nov 24th 2009)

I know waht you mean - People say I wish I was eighteen and I think Oh God no never again, YTS training scheme £28.50 a week (giving 1/3 of that to mum for house keeping) all the falling out with your mates, and the boy stuff. Losing your best frein on a Friday night out who's house your stopping at (way before you could just text her and say where the heck are you). I'm happy being nearly 40 thank you. Although I think my other half Gary would like to go back to his 20's. He doesn't understand that no one else would put up with his rants etc... etc..... and that if he was 20 he wouldn't be able to afford to do what we do now... must a lovely little world he lives in.
    • CommentAuthorTracyB
    • CommentTimeNov 24th, 2009 8:43pm (Nov 24th 2009)

Just had a thought Sara, Wev'e got Santa and his reindeers coming to Corby in the next couple of weeks, you can feed the reindeers etc etc. I'll find out what date it is for you, in case you want to bring the tribe.
    • CommentAuthorsara
    • CommentTimeNov 25th, 2009 12:21am (Nov 25th 2009)

o my gosh yes i do want to feed them we couldt meet up.that would be so nice.wow excited.thank you.i might even bring the kids hahaha. As for charlotte she think she's 18 but she is only 14.i keep telling her.school work is so much more importaint than boys. You have year to find ur mr right.and it might take years to find a mr right. I keep sayin mum knows best,think im doing her head in abit.
    • CommentAuthorsara
    • CommentTimeNov 25th, 2009 12:42am (Nov 25th 2009)

12.38am Arthurs throwing up.im having to stay awake to make sure he gets to the bathroom.changed his bedding twice.im now sat listening to baby dennis snoring.who need 8hr sleep anyway.:swingin::swingin::swingin::swingin:
    • CommentTimeNov 25th, 2009 3:31am (Nov 25th 2009)

3.30am. I need 8 hrs sleep...fat chance. :\
    • CommentTimeNov 25th, 2009 11:09pm (Nov 25th 2009)

I went to bed at midnight and was up at 6. I usually get 6hrs, wish I got 8!
    • CommentAuthorsara
    • CommentTimeNov 26th, 2009 12:23am (Nov 26th 2009)

cc y was u awake at 3,30'or should i not ask.im awake yet again.only because my hubby just been to pick my new car up'and it taken him 7hours.just tested drove it,at 11.30pm in the dark.great big thing it is.
      CommentAuthorJonny
    • CommentTimeNov 26th, 2009 1:14am (Nov 26th 2009)

Hey Sara..love the pics...especially the one with all the Canadians in it!! :)
    • CommentTimeNov 26th, 2009 4:04am (Nov 26th 2009)

Um you means them goosies dont you Jonny? That is funny.

Sara that would be lovely to go and feed the reindeer, do it girl and we'd love to see pics.!
    • CommentTimeNov 26th, 2009 4:19am (Nov 26th 2009)

Does anyone ever get more than 6 hours sleep anymore? I know I only get about 4, if I'm lucky. Sara do take the kids to see Santa and the reindeer..I'd love to see pictures of them with Santa.
    • CommentTimeNov 26th, 2009 4:24am (Nov 26th 2009)

I was in Corby three weeks back we went to visit Kirby hall. the peacocks were just starting to regrow their tail feathers. Shame they didn't have the reindeer there then as I wuld have loved to have seen them.
    • CommentTimeNov 26th, 2009 6:08pm (Nov 26th 2009)

Posted By: saracc y was u awake at 3,

Steroids. I can have a choice: breathe or sleep. Last night, Matthew, I chose breathing...
    Happy new brmbrm, Sara; have you bought some fluffy dice for it? :)
    • CommentAuthorTracyB
    • CommentTimeNov 26th, 2009 6:32pm (Nov 26th 2009)

Hi Sara The Reindeers are in Corby on Saturday 5th of December 10:00 until 16:00 (will check times) unfortunaltey I'm Cambridge that weekend baby sitting one of our other sites so wont be around.
    • CommentTimeNov 26th, 2009 9:07pm (Nov 26th 2009)

Sara will be the one in the huuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuge car with brand new fluffy dice, Tracy...:D
    • CommentAuthorsara
    • CommentTimeNov 26th, 2009 11:37pm (Nov 26th 2009)

DEFO goingto that.hubby told me i cant have a goat or a pig.but he never said anythink about a reindeer! New cars that big i'll be easly able to fit one in.dont think santa will miss one! What do they eat.id want to take them a treat.charlotte said she would come to.she still enjoys going out with her mum n brother.got to see if hubby will come to.he like to do his fishing weekends.it will be babys 1st christmas.dennis is nearly 6mths old.half a year.gone so fast,ill b back at work soon. Jonny where have u been.hope ur ok.
    • CommentTimeNov 26th, 2009 11:47pm (Nov 26th 2009)

6 months already!!! Wow that has gone super fast!!!
    • CommentTimeNov 27th, 2009 12:04am (Nov 27th 2009) edited

Half a year 6 months on the1st December. Cant beleive how fast it has gone.he growin to fast.x
    • CommentAuthorsara
    • CommentTimeNov 27th, 2009 6:40pm (Nov 27th 2009)

im so sick.me and back are ill
    • CommentTimeNov 27th, 2009 6:46pm (Nov 27th 2009)

My fried swears by Nurofen For Back Pain pills; I have to send them to her in Florida because she sAYs they're so good. Try to put your feet up for a while...get hubby and Charlotte to run round after the littluns.
    • CommentTimeNov 27th, 2009 8:53pm (Nov 27th 2009)

Sorry to hear you are not well Sara. How you feel better soon. Take CC's advice and get some rest.
    • CommentTimeNov 27th, 2009 11:16pm (Nov 27th 2009) edited

what have i writen above meant to read.me and baby are ill.Dennis has thrown up 3time also has got dir...'.....in nappy(cant spell it.) he is bound to catch what i have as he is on the boobies at night.ollie do i stop for a bit till im better?
    • CommentTimeNov 27th, 2009 11:42pm (Nov 27th 2009)

You poor things. Try to have small sips of water to keep your hydration up. Be very careful as Dennis can get dehydrated very quickly - he might need something like dioralyte (sp?) which the GP can give you to mix with water and it'll give him all the things he needs. I think they're soft spot sinks if they get dehydrated - I'm sure you know better than me, and Ollie will know for sure when she gets on here.

Keep washing your hands - every time you go to the loo, and everytime you/hubby changes or cleans up after Dennis. If you're lucky enough to have more than one toilet, you should use one and get the rest of the family to use the other. Get hubby to mix up a bleach solution and use it to wipe down all the touch points - door handles, flush handle, taps, the door itself where you push it open, that sort of thing. Hopefully you can prevent the rest of the family getting it and prevent you being re-infected.

I hope you feel better soon, and hope Dennis gets over it quickly too. :heart:
    • CommentAuthorTracyB
    • CommentTimeNov 28th, 2009 2:40pm (Nov 28th 2009)

Hope you feel better soon sarah. I think they guus that bring the reindeer also bring the foor they are allowed to eat.

Had my flu jab and Swine flu jabs this morning at the doctors they had a special clinic, it was manic, take a ticket, wait in line, have your shot or shots, sit in receoption for a few mintes to make sure you don't fall over etc etc, The receoptionist had also booked me in for my Pneumonia but the doctor siad I coudln't have it as I only had two arms and they'd already been stabbed once.
    • CommentTimeNov 28th, 2009 6:16pm (Nov 28th 2009)

Snap! I had my pigfloo this morning too - but I went in early to avoid the rush. Gave in my letter,pulled my jumper down off my shoulder, got stabbed...and then spent ages telling Pauline (the harpooning nurse) how to rehydrate her daughter's piano in Madrid...
    • CommentTimeNov 28th, 2009 8:17pm (Nov 28th 2009)

You are all having swine flu' "jabs"?
    Why?
    Is there an awful lot of "proven" swine flu' around you?
    Or is it "assumed" swine flu'?

Unless you have underlying medical conditions then swine flu' is less of a problem than ordinary flu'.
    • CommentAuthorsara
    • CommentTimeNov 29th, 2009 12:07am (Nov 29th 2009)

ollie.can you still breast feed when mum is ill?? Please help.
    • CommentAuthorsara
    • CommentTimeNov 29th, 2009 12:16am (Nov 29th 2009)

woke up feeling weak,but alot better.charlotte didnt wake up,as she didnt go to sleep.she spent the night with her head down the loo.when i saw her in the morning she looked green.poor thing,she was more botherd by the fact she had been sick on my clean bath towel.sent charlotte to her room for the day.with a mag and large glass water.i cleaned,wiped everywhere.by 8pm after loads of toilet visits.charlotte asked for some juice and food.she ate abit and went back to sleep.Today been hard,no having charlotte helpping me with the two little ones.Just showed me what a help she really is.hats off to the mums with little one and no charlottes .
    • CommentTimeNov 29th, 2009 12:22pm (Nov 29th 2009)

Carry on breast feeding. No problems. Keep your fluid intake up but not excessive, just to quench your thirst.

If Charlotte is losing a lot of fluid, you could add a little salt and sugar to her glass of sipping water, to balance her electrolites.
    • CommentTimeNov 29th, 2009 4:54pm (Nov 29th 2009)

Posted By: ollie in UKYou are all having swine flu' "jabs"?
    Why?
    Is there an awful lot of "proven" swine flu' around you?
    Or is it "assumed" swine flu'?

Asthma, diabetes and previous pneumonia. So I thought I ought to. And a kid's died of it in the county too.
    • CommentTimeNov 29th, 2009 8:14pm (Nov 29th 2009)

As far as I'm aware, only hospitalised cases will be 'confirmed', i.e. a swab taken and sent to the lab. They wouldn't be able to cope with swabbing everyone, therefore if you get a doctors note it will simply say "flu-like symptoms". In this area - and I assume others will do the same - when people go for the swine flu jab they're being given the regular flu jab too. Healthworkers have been done, as have people with underlying medical conditions, now under 5s.

I didn't qualify for the flu jab, though my 3 colleagues did. They all have 'nurse' in their title and I don't. None of us have direct patient contact, only incidental.
    • CommentAuthorsara
    • CommentTimeNov 29th, 2009 10:01pm (Nov 29th 2009)

under 5's?? Ive heard nothing, I have 2 under 5!
    Healthworks i'll be going back to work in march health care i to havent heard anything, Do you have to apply??
    • CommentTimeNov 30th, 2009 11:04pm (Nov 30th 2009)

They are only just working out the logistics for vaccinating the under 5s. It might be worth giving your doctors a call and see when they're going to start. As for you, they won't do it until you get back to work - if at all. It could all be over by March (hopefully!)
    • CommentAuthorsara
    • CommentTimeNov 30th, 2009 11:42pm (Nov 30th 2009)

is it safe.??
    • CommentTimeDec 1st, 2009 5:16pm (Dec 1st 2009)

I'm still alive and I had it Saturday...:)
    • CommentTimeDec 1st, 2009 10:54pm (Dec 1st 2009)

Yes, its safe. Haven't heard anything to say it isn't. There will always be scaremongers who'll try to say it isn't - like they did with the MMR vaccine - and all they do is cause so many more problems.