• CommentAuthorvolka
    • CommentTimeAug 14th, 2009 4:11pm (Aug 14th 2009)

We've had a dreadful incident on the Beds/Cambs border this morning. Two ponies were stolen and put in a trailer the offenders brought with them. Unfortunately, the trailer was so decrepit that the floor collapse as soon as it was driven away. One of the ponies fell through the floor and was dragged 7 miles before the offenders noticed and abandoned the trailer.

Even more tragically, the pony was still alive when it was found and had to be put down due to its horrific injuries. Apparently, there was a trail of blood from the stables to where the trailer was found. SEVEN MILES!!!

The other pony was found a couple of miles away, having escaped the trailer, unharmed but very frightened.

I feel really sickened by this - and angry and distressed for the owner and the ponies. What absolute B*****DS - how could they have not noticed?!! :angry:
    • CommentTimeAug 14th, 2009 5:58pm (Aug 14th 2009)

They wouldn't have cared, Volka. The more I see of people, the more i love my animals...:(
      CommentAuthorDianeonWhidbey
    • CommentTimeAug 14th, 2009 6:42pm (Aug 14th 2009)

Oh how awful. :cry:
    • CommentAuthorTracyB
    • CommentTimeAug 14th, 2009 7:04pm (Aug 14th 2009)

Oh God that's horrendous, poor pony, at least it is now out of pain and in a better field in the sky.
    • CommentTimeAug 14th, 2009 7:08pm (Aug 14th 2009)

Oh my word that is just so awful and has made me weep, poor poor pony how could it happen..... words fail me.......
    • CommentTimeAug 14th, 2009 9:57pm (Aug 14th 2009)

That is horrific. I wanted to say I hope they catch them but they won't get what they deserve. I hope something truly awful happens to them too and they go through what happened to the pony.
    • CommentTimeAug 15th, 2009 9:14am (Aug 15th 2009)

OH god I am all teary, the cruelty in this world leaves you speechless.
    • CommentAuthorShobhna
    • CommentTimeAug 18th, 2009 1:26pm (Aug 18th 2009)

That is just awful. Those b*****ds need to be found and dragged in a similar fashion. perhaps then they will know what it feels like.
    like CC says,, the mroe I see of people, the more I love animals.

This makes me feel sick to the pit of my stomach.
    • CommentTimeAug 22nd, 2009 7:27pm (Aug 22nd 2009)

OMG..how horrible..I hope they catch the B*****ds that did this.:_oh_really: As a horse owner, this really makes me sick to my stomach:cursing:
    • CommentAuthorShobhna
    • CommentTimeAug 26th, 2009 1:52pm (Aug 26th 2009)

Me too LynnW.