• CommentAuthorvolka
    • CommentTimeOct 20th, 2009 8:13pm (Oct 20th 2009)

Just wanted to say how proud I am of my little girls, 365 eggs this year so far and they only started laying mid-June - not forgetting Rosie isn't laying at the minute because she's all broody. We've had some corking double-yolkers too.

I love my chickens.
    • CommentTimeOct 20th, 2009 8:26pm (Oct 20th 2009)

:001_smile:Well done girlies!:clap::drinkparty:
    • CommentTimeOct 20th, 2009 10:18pm (Oct 20th 2009) edited

I've gotten 640 so far this year..now, I only have one laying out of 12 hens I have left...that's not counting the Silkie chicken eggs. The heat this Summer did in a few of my chickens..it's been a hard year on my old girls. :crying:
    • CommentTimeOct 20th, 2009 10:48pm (Oct 20th 2009) edited

Congrats Volka! Give them all a cuddle from me :)
    • CommentTimeOct 21st, 2009 5:04pm (Oct 21st 2009) edited

Aww well done chuckies everywhere!

The egg-counter has been updated (from what's left of our eggs in the fridge!) - it was even used (unknown to me) as a Bet on a betting website - people were actually placing bets on what the final tally would be!! :D

Unfortunately what with things recently I haven't had time to update it, but they've stopped laying for the year anyway, so here's to next year...
    • CommentAuthorTracyB
    • CommentTimeOct 27th, 2009 8:30pm (Oct 27th 2009)

I feel rally bad now as I have no idea what our total is? remind me in January and I'll start.
    • CommentAuthorvolka
    • CommentTimeMay 13th, 2010 10:31pm (May 13th 2010)

On the same weekend we first got the girls, one of them laid the 1000th egg. Strawberry scraps for a treat!