• CommentAuthorvolka
    • CommentTimeOct 31st, 2009 4:20pm (Oct 31st 2009)

So I eventually got round to worming the chickens - gave up trying to work out the dosage and just put a level scoop in a big bowl of yoghurt. Went down in less than 5 minutes. That was Monday. Was cleaning the back yard today and thought to myself "when did the girls get beansprouts?" Had a closer look and had to have a sit down. Still, at least it's done - urgh.
    • CommentTimeOct 31st, 2009 7:39pm (Oct 31st 2009)

Bleurgh...
    • CommentTimeOct 31st, 2009 7:55pm (Oct 31st 2009)

That reminds me it's time to worm mine again..it's an icky pooh job.:beurk:
    • CommentTimeNov 1st, 2009 5:42pm (Nov 1st 2009) edited

Ewwwww!!!!!! :ack2:

Well at least you have done it and know that a) they had worms and b) it has worked!
      CommentAuthorChicken Wing
    • CommentTimeNov 12th, 2009 9:13pm (Nov 12th 2009)

I might sound a little nieve but I'm not sure how to worm my hens? I do add Diatomaceous Earth to there feed sometimes but is this enough?

"Worried chicken keeper" :sad:
    • CommentAuthorTracyB
    • CommentTimeNov 15th, 2009 9:22am (Nov 15th 2009)

I admit I haven't wormed my girls either. They all stayed in yesterday as it was so windy, untill that was I wnated them to go to bed at about 5 as I was goign out. I'm sure they were all in the shed but as soon as they heard the gate 5 of them came running and flapping round the corner in the hopes of a treat. We had some guys in last week putting some block paving down next the their run (there is a bench there already and its really nice to take a cup of tea up and watch the girls) You should have seen the girls running up and down the fence next to them competing for attention. The guys thought they were great, everytime they dug a bug or a worm up they chucked it in for the girls, and even wondered round the kitchen garden on thier lunch to see what other worms they could find.
    • CommentTimeNov 15th, 2009 6:39pm (Nov 15th 2009)

Haven't wormed mine either...I like the idea of your girls having slaves digging worms for 'em! :)
    • CommentTimeNov 15th, 2009 11:30pm (Nov 15th 2009)

Blimey, don't let any of the other hens hear about this or they'll all want their own worm diggers!
    • CommentTimeNov 16th, 2009 5:10pm (Nov 16th 2009)

Be a nice idea for a birthday present for 'em...not a Male Stripper for the Girls, but a Worm Digger! :)
    • CommentTimeNov 21st, 2009 5:03pm (Nov 21st 2009)

Would that be a worm-o-gram? I wonder what sort of costume they would have to wear ?!!!
    • CommentTimeNov 21st, 2009 5:45pm (Nov 21st 2009)

Diggergrams?
    • CommentTimeNov 22nd, 2009 4:05pm (Nov 22nd 2009)

:rolling:ha ha