• CommentAuthorvolka
    • CommentTimeNov 20th, 2009 12:35pm (Nov 20th 2009)

Our neighbour's new girlfriend moved in at the beginning of November last year and we enjoyed many months of having to listen to them making a baby. Question is, they're both at home and her kids are at school during the day - why did they always choose between midnight and 2 in the morning to try?

Anyway, they eventually succeeded and it has been getting quieter and quieter the longer the pregnancy has gone on.

Until last night, that is! OMG, she is due in 10 days time and they've already started on the next one.
    • CommentTimeNov 20th, 2009 1:27pm (Nov 20th 2009)

No, they aren't getting the next one ready - yet.
    They are using the old fashioned way of stimulating the start of labour!
    • CommentTimeNov 20th, 2009 6:52pm (Nov 20th 2009)

Wait till the brat's here and then start learning the drums, Volka...revenge is sweet...:devil:
    • CommentTimeNov 20th, 2009 11:04pm (Nov 20th 2009)

Or get a cockrel and when they come round to complain about the noise you can just say you thought they liked screeching and screaming, then nudge them and wink.
    • CommentAuthorShobhna
    • CommentTimeDec 2nd, 2009 8:38am (Dec 2nd 2009)

OMG, that reminds of the days when my new neighbours did the same, many times over and then had the audacity to tell us when they had conviced the baby. I could not help but tell them that I too knew the date of conception. You should have seen the look on their faces.
    Mind you, once the baby arrived, there did not seem to be much time to start the same shinanigans again. :-) :-)

revenge is sweet though because Alan used to play the electric organ (at odd times) on purpose... :-)
    and they never once complained. :-)
    • CommentAuthorvolka
    • CommentTimeDec 29th, 2009 12:55pm (Dec 29th 2009)

Well, hubby does play the Hammond and is in a Deep Purple tribute band...

Having said that, baby eventually arrived - 4 days late - mum had to be induced 6 times! Haven't heard a peep from it so must be a very placid baby.
    • CommentTimeDec 29th, 2009 4:06pm (Dec 29th 2009)

SIX TIMES??? They should've sent the ferrets in... Mind you, with prospective parents like that I'm not sure I would've wanted to come out either...
    • CommentTimeDec 30th, 2009 5:29am (Dec 30th 2009) edited

he he he ferrets, now that conjurs up an image or two!:scared:
    • CommentAuthorvolka
    • CommentTimeDec 31st, 2009 12:23pm (Dec 31st 2009)

The neighbours are not really that bad (I have heard of worse and apparently the guy we bought the house from was terrible) but they are just a bit - well, can't really find the right word but we often look out the window and think "what on earth?"

Things like piling up old car parts on top of the garage roof, saving up plastic bags to burn on the bonfire when they can go in the recycling bin (and always on a laundry day!), there's been a swimming pool ladder leaned up against the front of the house for 5 years (they don't have a pool?), the empty caravan with no wheels and no windows (although that did go last month), the 4 satellite dishes, the karaoke that only seems to start at 11pm, and that really irritating squeaking/creaking noise that we can't identify (kind of like a rocking chair noise but really loud) and how many shelves can one man put up - his walls must be full of holes!

But, then again, they could be whole lot worse!
    • CommentAuthorvolka
    • CommentTimeMar 9th, 2010 8:06am (Mar 9th 2010) edited

OMG!!! What is it with these people?

Breaking point with the squeaking/creaking noise was last Friday night when it started at 11.30pm and went on till 1.30am! A rather grumpy me went round to ask neighbour about it and it turns out that they do have a rocking chair situated on a broken floor board. He reckons they didn't think we could hear something like that *sigh* it would appear their lack of physics knowledge is somewhat wanting.

Anyway, seems to have done the job and two nights uninterupted sleep was absolute bliss until 5.20 this morning. At first I thought they had a rooster alarm clock but, no, it would appear that their rooster had escaped into our garden and was sitting on the window sill under our bedroom window.

And it's a really big vicious looking bugger, too. So I let the dogs out and that seemed to motivate him to go back home!

I am not usually such a moaning old bag but on lack of sleep does not bring out the best in me!
    • CommentTimeMar 9th, 2010 2:40pm (Mar 9th 2010)

The sex was so good that even the neighbors had a cigarette.
    • CommentTimeMar 9th, 2010 6:16pm (Mar 9th 2010)

:rolling:
    • CommentAuthorTracyB
    • CommentTimeMar 10th, 2010 8:46pm (Mar 10th 2010)

I know what you mean about lack of sleep I'll be the first to admit I'm a right grumpy mooo if I don't get enough sleep.
    • CommentTimeMar 11th, 2010 10:46am (Mar 11th 2010)

what sex? whose neighbour? cigarette? rooster clock?
    dogs? oh Volkas neighbours, you poor girl, nothing worse than lack of seep due to nosiy next doors!!!
    • CommentAuthorvolka
    • CommentTimeMar 11th, 2010 2:39pm (Mar 11th 2010)

"I thought you were going to say it was a haunting and the chair creaked by itself.!"

See? Now I'll never get to sleep, Trev's Mum!

Anyhoo, something seems to have happened next door. No noise for two days now.

Hmmm ... what would Scooby do?
    • CommentTimeMar 11th, 2010 5:45pm (Mar 11th 2010)

Scooby would go round and bite 'em in the bum...
    • CommentTimeMar 13th, 2010 11:11pm (Mar 13th 2010)

Is Scooby your killer rabbit CC?:bunny_cute:
    • CommentTimeMar 13th, 2010 11:24pm (Mar 13th 2010)

Nope, I thought Volka was on aBOut ScoobyDoo. My killer rabbits are Dine and Treacle...:D
    • CommentTimeMar 14th, 2010 3:39am (Mar 14th 2010)

oh yes, such cute names!
    • CommentTimeMar 14th, 2010 3:52pm (Mar 14th 2010)

Sorry, that should have read Dini - as in HOUdini. Because he must have escaped from somewhere before Ray brought him to me in a cardboard box, knowing I'm a sucker...:\
    • CommentTimeMar 15th, 2010 8:19am (Mar 15th 2010)

ha ha Houdini that's even better, an escape artist bunny!!!!
    • CommentAuthorvolka
    • CommentTimeMar 17th, 2010 9:04am (Mar 17th 2010)

There was the most horrendous screaming from nextdoor's garden yesterday afternoon, and then a lot of shouting. I stuck my head over the fence to see if everyone was okay and it turns out their German Shepherd had just attacked one of their chickens. It gets worse, the mum was holding back the dog and yelling at her 10 year old son to catch the bird and pull its neck. He was in tears, poor thing!
    • CommentTimeMar 17th, 2010 4:51pm (Mar 17th 2010)

God, how horrible. Was the bird fatally injured then - by the dog, not by the brat, I mean - ?
    • CommentTimeMar 17th, 2010 7:04pm (Mar 17th 2010)

Good Grief Volka, they sure do come out with some tricks you must wonder what ever they will be up to next.
    • CommentAuthorTracyB
    • CommentTimeMar 17th, 2010 9:14pm (Mar 17th 2010)

who needs soap opera's when you've got neighbours like yours Volka, perhpas you could set us up a neighbour cam so we can all join in.
    • CommentTimeMar 17th, 2010 9:28pm (Mar 17th 2010)

Oh Volka, how terrible. You really do have nightmare neighbours.
    • CommentTimeMar 18th, 2010 6:08am (Mar 18th 2010)

Oh that makes me want to cry and hit them all at once.
    • CommentTimeMar 18th, 2010 7:45pm (Mar 18th 2010)

I WOULD GO ROUND AND RING THE MUMS NECK FOR BEING SO IRRESPONSIBLE AND LETTING THE DOG OUT TO ATTACK THE CHICKENS SOME PEOPLE MAKE MY BLOOD BOIL :cuss: :banghead::banghead::diablo:
    • CommentTimeMar 18th, 2010 9:19pm (Mar 18th 2010)

Do you think it was just a mistake Volka, or would they warrent a visit from the RSPCA? They can offer some advice about what they should be doing if nothing else.
    • CommentAuthorvolka
    • CommentTimeMar 18th, 2010 9:44pm (Mar 18th 2010)

I am sure it was an accident. Max is normally a very gentle, dopey mutt if a bit boisterous but he is still quite young (about 2) so I think it was a case of chase first, questions later. And animals do kill other animals - our cats regularly bring dead stuff home and I'm sure they weren't particularly humane about it either!

I was more angry about the stupid woman making her son finish the bird off. I mean it was right to put it out of its misery but making a child do it?! What a cow.
    • CommentTimeMar 18th, 2010 9:46pm (Mar 18th 2010)

Poor kid. I wouldn't ask a kid to do that and I don't LIKE them!
    • CommentTimeMar 19th, 2010 8:23pm (Mar 19th 2010)

Maybe it should be a call to child protection instead! She probably thinks its "part of growing up" and "will make him a man" but its a disgraceful thing to do. I couildn't do it - I'd have to take it to the vets.
    • CommentAuthorsara
    • CommentTimeMar 23rd, 2010 9:33am (Mar 23rd 2010)

What you all like, You want to try living nextdoor to my neighbough,, NINE CHILDREN THEY HAVE..... RUNNING UP N DOWN STAIRS N in summer they play out the minute they open there eyes in there pjs.. Air gun time!!
    • CommentTimeMar 23rd, 2010 6:13pm (Mar 23rd 2010)

Can't the council put traps down, Sara...? :D ;)
    • CommentTimeMar 23rd, 2010 10:15pm (Mar 23rd 2010)

I hate airguns - can't believe they are legal and think they should be treated the same as real guns.
    • CommentAuthorsara
    • CommentTimeMar 23rd, 2010 11:12pm (Mar 23rd 2010)

I dont have an air gun! But if u lived next to nine screaming,o my its 7am n where playin out kids.you might want1.yes i agree any gun should b band. I have to have triple glazed windows. in summer i dont open my windows,just us alot of fans.
    • CommentTimeMar 24th, 2010 6:52pm (Mar 24th 2010)

Sorry - thought you meant they had an air gun - I really should read properly before I answer! What a nightmare, all those kids. Mind you, CC has a school full next to her - shows how much she loves 'em! ;)
    • CommentTimeMar 24th, 2010 10:26pm (Mar 24th 2010)

Quiet, you; we were allowed to have Tuppence only after I reassured the posh lady wot sold her to us that no, we didn't have any children to upset the kitten....I never mentioned the 1500 next door (and you think YOU have problems, Sara! :D )!
    • CommentAuthorsara
    • CommentTimeMar 25th, 2010 11:53am (Mar 25th 2010)

I WIN COURSE U GET SCHOOL HOLIDAY BREAK,,,HAHA
    • CommentTimeMar 25th, 2010 5:41pm (Mar 25th 2010)

That's true. But I get 1500 kids during the day when your lot next door are at skool...
    • CommentAuthorsara
    • CommentTimeMar 25th, 2010 6:43pm (Mar 25th 2010)

Yes you do, I get them on a sunny sunday morning, screaming.
    They do bring my rabbits bags of grass around and offer to clean my hen house out.
    • CommentTimeMar 26th, 2010 7:26pm (Mar 26th 2010)

Well lock 'em in it! :)
    • CommentAuthorsara
    • CommentTimeMar 26th, 2010 8:36pm (Mar 26th 2010)

Yes thats good idea.Arthur did that to me once..
    • CommentAuthorvolka
    • CommentTimeMar 30th, 2010 10:27am (Mar 30th 2010)

Guess what? She next-door is pregnant again! So that will be 2 adults, 3 teenagers, 2 babies, 2 dogs, 3 parrots and numerous cats in a two-bed house.

And to think, he won £110,000 on the lottery 15 years ago and doesn't have a penny left of it.

You couldn't make it up.
    • CommentTimeMar 30th, 2010 5:00pm (Mar 30th 2010)

Dear God...ever thought of moving, Volka? :D
    • CommentTimeMar 30th, 2010 9:19pm (Mar 30th 2010)

I'm not surprised he hasn't got any left with that lot! SHame he didn't use it to buy a bigger house. How the devil do they all fit in?!!!
    • CommentAuthorsara
    • CommentTimeApr 2nd, 2010 11:56pm (Apr 2nd 2010)

my next door 9kids age range18 yr boy likes 2bounch up n down on trampoline making noises like he having sex.yes flipping does my head in. 15yr old boy bigger man tits than me when i was feedin Dennis,never wears a top.13yr old girl BIGGEST MOUTH EVER.10,8,7yr old boys never get any attenshon.5yr old spoilt brat girl.err- even Arthur dont like her,4yr old girl tail tail titter mouse. 2yr old baby girl.cute but always got runny snotty nose.two cats two none stop barking dogs AND THEY ARE TRYING FOR ANOTHER KID.She is aged 42. 3bed house plus attic.
    • CommentTimeApr 3rd, 2010 10:14am (Apr 3rd 2010)

Holy cow there should be a law against people like that breeding!!!! Doesnt sound like they can look after the ones they have already!!!:666:
    There I have said my cheeky piece.:nopity::rant:
    • CommentTimeApr 3rd, 2010 3:24pm (Apr 3rd 2010)

I agree. If they were animals, the RSPCA would have taken them away and put them in better homes. I'm all for people with big families - makes up for people like me! But only if they can look after them properly...
    • CommentTimeApr 3rd, 2010 8:59pm (Apr 3rd 2010)

Sometimes I wish I'd been from a big family, as it always looks fantastic in the films, but life is rarely like that and often seems to be more like your neighbours Sara. They sound like a nightmare!
    • CommentAuthorsara
    • CommentTimeApr 9th, 2010 11:25pm (Apr 9th 2010)

Its ok. I can get on with anyone. hehehe. Im from a big family. and yes it was crap, no one notic me, I could of ran away for a week and noone would of notic, Handme down city. Not like i see them anymore. I only have contact with one sister out of 4 and dont see my brother or my parents, So its like i really came from a small family.