• CommentTimeDec 18th, 2009 1:32pm (Dec 18th 2009) edited

NN mentioned she'd started a thread where everyone could post pics of their Christmas tree, and I thought that was a brilliant idea, but couldn't find the thread!

I've started a new one but if someone can point me in the direction of NN's we can use that.

Post yours here :-)
    • CommentTimeDec 18th, 2009 11:24pm (Dec 18th 2009)

What a beautiful tree! I'd love to post a picture of mine ... but I don't have one. I went to buy a new one but couldn't find one I liked. (Yes, I know, its a plastic tree, but I'm choosy!) So I decided I'd use the old one this year and buy one next year - but early before they all sell out. What a good idea!!!! Well, it would've been if I hadn't put the old one out for the bin men last year. sigh.
    • CommentTimeDec 19th, 2009 10:41am (Dec 19th 2009)

What a fun idea folks, here is our little tree in Oz.

Christmas 2009
    • CommentTimeDec 19th, 2009 5:06pm (Dec 19th 2009)

That's lovely, Julie...and uncannily like mine! :)
    • CommentTimeDec 19th, 2009 11:47pm (Dec 19th 2009)

Love the wall hanging TM!! I went to buy a 'real' tree today - they're damn expensive!! Decided to do without (first year ever :( ) Will buy early next year and just share all yours for now!
    • CommentTimeDec 20th, 2009 8:51am (Dec 20th 2009) edited

I bought my six foot artificial tree in charity shop. Boxed up so unseen.£2-99 and it is all I could ask for, it's lovely. It's going to last me a long time, I may not need another.

Could that be called "A Tree for Life"?
    • CommentTimeDec 20th, 2009 5:08pm (Dec 20th 2009)

Definitely, Ollie; what with your tree and Red's fishtank, it looks as though charity shops are the future of shopping for Hencammers!:)
    • CommentTimeDec 20th, 2009 6:32pm (Dec 20th 2009)

I buy most of my tops in charity shops, sometimes a skirt but sew most of my own skirts. Today I did a nice warm one for Christmas. Have another one to do yet in red.
    • CommentTimeDec 20th, 2009 6:54pm (Dec 20th 2009) edited

Thanks Neil, I did a Christmas love it or loathe it thread that's what I was meaning, but this is just great. I love your tree it is a real beauty.

Your tree is lovely Trevs mum, it is real nice to see every ones tree I do hope a few more people post theirs as well.

I have at last got myself sorted out Christmas wise, just got a bit of last minute fruit and veg to get now. So here come my Christmas decoration pictures.
    This is my table centre tree Jason and I made it.
      table tree.jpg
    • CommentTimeDec 20th, 2009 6:55pm (Dec 20th 2009) edited

Here is my fireplace
      fireplace !.jpg
      fireplace 2.jpg
    • CommentTimeDec 20th, 2009 7:01pm (Dec 20th 2009)

opposite wall decoration
      wall decoration !.jpg
    • CommentTimeDec 20th, 2009 7:02pm (Dec 20th 2009) edited

tree
      tree1.jpg
      tree 3.jpg
    • CommentTimeDec 20th, 2009 7:07pm (Dec 20th 2009) edited

This is my fairy from my very first Christmas, she gets a new dress every so often. She is sixty three now and getting a bit frail. She has real hair which is unusual.
      fairy.jpg
      tree3.jpg
    • CommentTimeDec 20th, 2009 7:47pm (Dec 20th 2009)

Your decorations are beautiful NN! I wish I had a table to do a decoration like that for! In our living room all we have are 2 sofas, a pouffe, and the TV and stand. There's no room for anything else. I popped in to see my neighbours yesterday - I went in their house when they first moved in (to retrieve my Joey cat) but haven't been in since. Its really cosy and made ours seem cold and uninviting. I like minimalist though - less to clean!!!

I want some decorations to put up now though - might go raid the box. Is your centerpiece made with Oasis or are they stuck together?
    • CommentTimeDec 20th, 2009 7:57pm (Dec 20th 2009)

Thank you Kate the center piece is made from one of those charger plates and plastic baubles all glued together with a hot glue gun then the artificial flowers were glued into the gaps.
    I take the pictures down and replace them with the wreaths and beads. I decorate the wreaths differently most years, It all depends on how much time I have to mess about with them. The cats are quite good and usually leave the tree alone. Kimmi my ragdoll cat did climb the tree the first year I had him and got one of the robins off and savaged it during the night, I think he must have swallowed the beak as I never found it Ha ha.
    • CommentTimeDec 20th, 2009 11:49pm (Dec 20th 2009)

Hee hee!! I bet he bragged to the others about his hunting prowess!!
    • CommentTimeDec 21st, 2009 2:24pm (Dec 21st 2009) edited

beautiful trees and decorations!!

We definitely need more people to post pics though, it would be great if we had dozens of them on here.

Tip: When taking your picture, if you want to make your tree lights look more 'bright' and festive, try turning the flash off in your camera if you can. You'll need to have the room lights on (which will give it a lovely orange glow), and if you can rest your camera on a table and use the self-timer to prevent blur...

Come on, post your pics everyone :-)
    • CommentTimeDec 21st, 2009 7:54pm (Dec 21st 2009)

I did just that Neil but my tree is a fibre optic one and it isnt easy getting the lights colours right as they change so often. It looks so much prettier than the pictures show. I took the picture of the center piece during daylight hours so every one could see the Christmassy voil curtains I made in the background then forgot to say look out for them Ha ha.
    • CommentTimeDec 22nd, 2009 12:01am (Dec 22nd 2009)

I hadn't noticed that NN - they're lovely!!
    • CommentTimeDec 22nd, 2009 7:28am (Dec 22nd 2009)

Talk about an ugly fake tree, look at mine..I don't like to cut live trees, so we use the fake one.
      Picture-tree-09 002.jpg
    • CommentTimeDec 22nd, 2009 9:16am (Dec 22nd 2009)

Thats a lovely big tree Lynn and the branches are so full and bushy. I use a fake tree as well. I saw some live ones in the local B and Q for £24.99 the other day and they were only small about the size of my tree. The poor things were all hacked off at the trunk and I felt real sorry that such beautiful trees were killed just for a few days.
    • CommentTimeDec 22nd, 2009 11:35am (Dec 22nd 2009) edited

It's fantastic Lynn, love the apples and huuuge pressies under the tree, and as NN says it's so full you can't see the branches or main stem (which is how I like them!), looks very very festive :-)

I was just given a massive set of ultra-bright blue LED lights by Helen's uncle, so I'll try and get them up around the garden before Helen stops me and take a pic - they have a really strong flashing mode which almost gives you seizures they are brilliant!
    • CommentTimeDec 23rd, 2009 2:40pm (Dec 23rd 2009) edited

Bought today, (price reduced by 75%!) - pre-decorated tree from Sainsbury's for my desk at work - the lights are a set of USB lights that fit nicely on there:
      work_xmas1.jpg
      work_xmas2.jpg
    • CommentTimeDec 23rd, 2009 3:00pm (Dec 23rd 2009)

And CC's lovely tree:
      Christmas 2007 - The Grinch... 006.jpg
    • CommentTimeDec 23rd, 2009 5:07pm (Dec 23rd 2009) edited

All your trees are lovely...and I love your table and wall decs, NN. And Neil - I like your bargain computer tree!!! Makes working at the coalface a little more bearable, eh? :)Ta for posting my pic. :flowers:
    • CommentTimeDec 23rd, 2009 8:01pm (Dec 23rd 2009)

Your tree is a beauty CC and you sure have some intersting looking gifts under it. Thanks for sharing it with us.

You did well battling through the supermarket Neil and it was well worth it to get such a dear little tree for your desk. Do I also spot my most favourite wookie on you desk as well? Seeing him makes me want to watch the moviess all over again. I just love them all.
    • CommentTimeDec 23rd, 2009 8:40pm (Dec 23rd 2009)

What's a wookie?
    • CommentTimeDec 23rd, 2009 8:59pm (Dec 23rd 2009) edited

You must know Chewbacca from star wars CC he is a Wookie
      chewie1.jpg
    • CommentTimeDec 23rd, 2009 9:48pm (Dec 23rd 2009)

O that thing. Yes, but I only saw the first - the REAL first - Star Wars film. So I'm not well up on it.
    • CommentTimeDec 24th, 2009 1:10pm (Dec 24th 2009)

Come on folk we need more Christmas tree pictures, please join in the festive fun. Poor Neil even went out and bought another to encourage you all !!
    • CommentTimeDec 24th, 2009 9:28pm (Dec 24th 2009)

Scarlet and Lyle's from Keele:
      uni_tree.jpg
    • CommentTimeDec 25th, 2009 8:52pm (Dec 25th 2009)

Beautiful! :D
    • CommentTimeDec 26th, 2009 7:52pm (Dec 26th 2009)

Thats a sweet little tree thank you for sharing it with us.
      CommentAuthorTori
    • CommentTimeDec 29th, 2009 1:15am (Dec 29th 2009)

ooo yayh I like this thread hmm I really need to post a pic of my christmas tree as it is very strange and "modern" as my dad says tehe I'll get a photo up ASAP :)
      CommentAuthorTori
    • CommentTimeDec 29th, 2009 2:31pm (Dec 29th 2009) edited

here is my very strange tree I'm not really sure I like it or not to be honest :\ well I didn't buy it :L
    Photobucket
    • CommentTimeDec 29th, 2009 3:48pm (Dec 29th 2009)

To be honest Vicki, I really think you have been sold a pup!
    This must be a throw away from last year...
    • CommentTimeDec 29th, 2009 4:11pm (Dec 29th 2009)

But there won't be any needle drop...
    • CommentTimeDec 30th, 2009 5:27am (Dec 30th 2009)

Yep I get it Vicki. Modern minimalist fibre optics and looks just like a tree in winter that has lost all its leaves/pine needles from shock at the cold!!! As long as you could a pressy or two under it, it would do the job.:001_smile:
    • CommentTimeDec 31st, 2009 9:22pm (Dec 31st 2009)

Thats a dear little tree Vicki. I bet it looks very pretty in a dimmer light as it has loads of little lights on it. I like it as it is so unusual.
    • CommentAuthorTracyB
    • CommentTimeJan 5th, 2010 9:34pm (Jan 5th 2010)

Sorry I'm late with a pic will try and take one tomorrow before we take it down. I;ve just tired but its too dark so it wont work. T
    • CommentTimeJan 6th, 2010 7:51pm (Jan 6th 2010)

ohh I do hope you manage to get a photo for us Tracy it is good to see all the different types of trees and will give us all ideas for this comming Christmas if any of us fancies a change.
    • CommentTimeJan 6th, 2010 9:03pm (Jan 6th 2010)

Yep, only 352 days to go...:rolling:
    • CommentTimeJan 6th, 2010 9:04pm (Jan 6th 2010)

ha ha ha ha dat funneeee:laugh:
    • CommentTimeJan 6th, 2010 9:18pm (Jan 6th 2010)

Maybe we should make this pictures of snowmen now! This is the one Danny and Rachael made with Caitlyn in my garden last night.
      Snowman.jpg
    • CommentTimeJan 6th, 2010 9:34pm (Jan 6th 2010)

Excellent - especially the hat! How did they do it?
    • CommentTimeJan 7th, 2010 4:55pm (Jan 7th 2010)

That's a good idea Kate and what a superb snow man and as CC said especially the hat. I was going to have a go at one this afternoon, but went and visited Peggy to see if she needed anything. She had walked up to the shops yesterday though as she had gotten fed up with being in the house. She made me a coffee and we put the world to rights for a couple of hours. The kiddies were playing out again as I made for back home so stopped and had a chat with them. I just thought I should have got them to make a snow man with me.
    • CommentTimeJan 7th, 2010 5:54pm (Jan 7th 2010)

No, kids spoil it; they get in the way and do shoddy work! :)
    • CommentTimeJan 7th, 2010 6:38pm (Jan 7th 2010)

I was just thinking I may as well let them get their hands cold as use my own Ha ha.
    • CommentAuthorTracyB
    • CommentTimeJan 7th, 2010 8:01pm (Jan 7th 2010)

Well I took apic of my tree before it came down but its not great but I'm sure you will get the idea.
      Christmas Tree.jpg
    • CommentAuthorTracyB
    • CommentTimeJan 7th, 2010 8:01pm (Jan 7th 2010)

As you can see I need to get a better camera... T
    • CommentTimeJan 7th, 2010 8:07pm (Jan 7th 2010)

Oh thanks for sharing Tracy. it is a lovely big tree and you sure got loads of twinkly lights on it. I am missing my tree it cheered up a dull corner and the room looks bare with out it.
    • CommentTimeJan 7th, 2010 8:20pm (Jan 7th 2010) edited

heres a photo of my garden taken yesterday
      garden.jpg
    • CommentTimeJan 7th, 2010 8:24pm (Jan 7th 2010)

That's a skinny chicken over your door, Tracy! Lovely tree - HUUUUUUGE!
    • CommentAuthorTracyB
    • CommentTimeJan 7th, 2010 8:58pm (Jan 7th 2010)

Yes bless the pheasant he had to go up there as our beautiful black cat B we used to have took a shine to him.
    • CommentTimeJan 7th, 2010 9:18pm (Jan 7th 2010)

How many inches of snow did you get, NN? Looks lovely!
    • CommentTimeJan 7th, 2010 9:21pm (Jan 7th 2010)

Lovely tree Tracy!

Danny and Rachael sculpted the snowman's hat. I was very derogatory about it when they started, but they did a really good job didn't they.
    • CommentTimeJan 7th, 2010 9:23pm (Jan 7th 2010)

Certainly did; Danny should stop working for that pillock and go into ice sculpting! :)
    • CommentTimeJan 7th, 2010 9:31pm (Jan 7th 2010)

about six then it was topped up again by about another two
    • CommentTimeJan 7th, 2010 9:31pm (Jan 7th 2010)

Ha ha!! I'll tell him that. Short term work only though!
    • CommentTimeJan 7th, 2010 9:33pm (Jan 7th 2010)

Not if you're good; they do functions all through the year!
    • CommentAuthorvolka
    • CommentTimeJan 7th, 2010 11:47pm (Jan 7th 2010) edited

a bit late but I thought I would take a couple of pics before the tree came down...

Photobucket Photobucket
    • CommentTimeJan 8th, 2010 1:39am (Jan 8th 2010)

oh that is a pretty one.
    • CommentTimeJan 8th, 2010 3:54pm (Jan 8th 2010)

You're only sayinmg that because of the purple baubles...:D No, it's beautiful, Volka...I love the purple bobbles too!
    • CommentTimeJan 8th, 2010 7:51pm (Jan 8th 2010)

Thats a lovely bushy tree Volka I love the lovely warm glow of the lights as well.
    • CommentTimeJan 8th, 2010 11:20pm (Jan 8th 2010)

That's lovely Volka, very pretty! You are very creative.
    • CommentAuthorvolka
    • CommentTimeJan 14th, 2010 10:54am (Jan 14th 2010)

Sorry to disappoint you but the baubles are actually bright red!! And the tree is fake!!

I have shamed myself...

We have to have a little tree now because we have so much furniture in the lounge now the old tree doesn't fit anymore - that and the animals can't get at it up there.
    • CommentTimeJan 14th, 2010 1:50pm (Jan 14th 2010)

No way have you shamed yourself Volka, by having a fake tree you have saved the life of a real one. You have decorated it beautifully well done.
    • CommentAuthorShobhna
    • CommentTimeFeb 4th, 2010 1:00pm (Feb 4th 2010)

some lovely photos of the trees.
    I'm a bit late and slowly catching up with the posts on here.

I was not home for Christmas so did not have a tree this year.
    My plans for next year, if I don't go off gallavanting to the USA again in December is to have a real live tree in a large pot this time. The I can keep it outside and bring it in again year after year. Will have to find the slowest growing tree in the world though. :-)
    • CommentAuthorGeorgie:)
    • CommentTimeFeb 19th, 2010 10:17pm (Feb 19th 2010)

Thats a shame because it was a white christmas wasnt it!