• CommentTimeMar 3rd, 2010 3:48pm (Mar 3rd 2010)

That would be great Volka i love all those things can,t wait!!!!!!!:bigsmile:
    • CommentTimeMar 3rd, 2010 7:18pm (Mar 3rd 2010)

I am looking forward to your arts and crafts thread Volka. I set up a cookery thread and hope you will add a couple of your favourite recipes for us to try.
    • CommentAuthorvolka
    • CommentTimeMar 4th, 2010 1:25pm (Mar 4th 2010)

will definitely have a look NN.
    • CommentTimeMar 4th, 2010 5:20pm (Mar 4th 2010)

I think Amber is telling Goldie... don't look now but someone has nicked Auntie Beaks leg while she has been asleep....
      Img_9960.jpg
    • CommentTimeMar 4th, 2010 8:24pm (Mar 4th 2010)

Oh NN this is the loveliest photo i have seen of chickens for a long time they are gorgeous!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:mdr:
    • CommentTimeMar 4th, 2010 8:28pm (Mar 4th 2010)

It was fairly sunny here today Lee so the were catching a few rays and having a snooze I think Auntie Beak was supposed to be keeping watch. It does get nice and warm in that spot.
    • CommentTimeMar 4th, 2010 8:39pm (Mar 4th 2010)

Oh ya auntie beak keeping watch with her eyes closed and standing on one leg!!!!!!! real good that is!!!!!! HA HA HA
    • CommentTimeMar 4th, 2010 8:49pm (Mar 4th 2010)

She is the lead or boss hen Lee. She was the first to lay and was so kind when the others were just starting to lay she would go into the nest box with them to encourage them. When I first had occasion to nab Lady Jane cos she had a messy bum she shrieked and Auntie Beak made a run for me all puffed out in attack mode. She is a good lead hen so I am very lucky to have her.
    • CommentTimeMar 4th, 2010 8:54pm (Mar 4th 2010)

NN she is lovely as i said in an earlier post i will be getting more Hens this year and i would love one like her do you know what she is and dose she go broody at all i had one that kept going broody all the time which was quite distressing for me and her. ?
    • CommentTimeMar 4th, 2010 9:04pm (Mar 4th 2010)

She is a black hybrid Lee I got her from here you will have to scroll down a bit to see them all.

• CommentTimeMar 4th, 2010 9:16pm (Mar 4th 2010)

Thanks NN.
    • CommentTimeMar 4th, 2010 9:23pm (Mar 4th 2010)

The writing is real hard to see I have found that of you click over it as if you are going to copy you can read it easily. If you want good egg layers they are the types to have. They recommended that I didnt have the while ones as they are to flighty for back gardens. They roughly lay 300 eggs a year anyhow it will give you an idea. Oh I forgot to tell you she went broody twice last year.