• CommentTimeJan 10th, 2010 12:40pm (Jan 10th 2010)

I couldn't believe it this morning when I saw a moorhen in the garden. It seems right at home and the hens haven't bothered it so it must have visited before.
      moorhen in gardenaa.jpg
    • CommentTimeJan 10th, 2010 12:42pm (Jan 10th 2010)

The cats have all been very interested in something in the garden for a few days now, so it could have been that
      Img_9010s.jpg
    • CommentTimeJan 10th, 2010 12:43pm (Jan 10th 2010)

It seems to have taken up a resting place between a large bush and the green house.
      Img_9018b.jpg
    • CommentTimeJan 10th, 2010 12:46pm (Jan 10th 2010)

Of course the foreman Sootz had to get in the picture Ha ha
      Sootz.jpg
    • CommentTimeJan 10th, 2010 12:47pm (Jan 10th 2010)

I thought it would be nice to have a place where we could post pictures of the visitors we get to out gardens.
    • CommentTimeJan 10th, 2010 1:33pm (Jan 10th 2010)

I get a pair of grey wag tails come sometimes, they are hard to get pictures of as they constantly wag their tails up and down
      grey wagtail.jpg
    • CommentTimeJan 10th, 2010 1:59pm (Jan 10th 2010) edited

Are you near a river/stream, NN? I like moorhens, but they're a bit dim...
    We've had mistle thrushes stripping the mistletoe as fast as they can - not easy when the berries are frozen solid and feel like plastic beads!
    • CommentTimeJan 10th, 2010 2:57pm (Jan 10th 2010)

There is one in the valley CC but you rarely see them on the river there. We get Mistle thrushes sometimes I have seen large flocks of them in the valley during the summer but they usually only come to the gardens during the winter when food is scarce for them.

I have tried for years to grow Mistletoe in my apple tree with no success. It is an old tree with rough and cracked bark so easy to get the berries into I have tried leaving some whole and squashing others in the bark so any hints gladly recieved.
    • CommentTimeJan 10th, 2010 3:11pm (Jan 10th 2010)

Were the berries from mistletoe grown on an apple tree? I heard recently that you can only grow it if it grew on the same breed of tree. I don't know if it's true, mind you! Eric drilled holes in the branches and put the berries in - not exactly Titchmarsh! :D If you want some berries from ours (on an applwe tree) speak NOW and I'll get some and post them to you before the mistle thrushes scoff the lot!
    • CommentTimeJan 10th, 2010 3:25pm (Jan 10th 2010)

ohh yes please if you dont mind CC I will whisper you my address.
    • CommentTimeJan 10th, 2010 3:40pm (Jan 10th 2010)

The pictures are lovely NN! That one with Sootz in the way is fantastic! :D!!

All I ever get in my garden is magpies and a bloomin HUGE crow (or raven, or whatever the really big black ones are!)
    • CommentTimeJan 10th, 2010 3:49pm (Jan 10th 2010)

I want to get more birds in our garden. I thought about buying one of those spikes you can get to hang feeders off, but would a table be better? Any suggestions please?!
    • CommentTimeJan 10th, 2010 3:53pm (Jan 10th 2010)

I have one of those spike things and the birds took to it straight away. They are easier to move and to clean than a bird table plus you can get all different feeders to hang from them.
    • CommentTimeJan 10th, 2010 4:02pm (Jan 10th 2010)

My mum's got one - she gets such a lot of pleasure from it.
    • CommentTimeJan 10th, 2010 4:22pm (Jan 10th 2010)

Right, NN, the berries are on their way in one of Bits' old pill bottles!
    • CommentTimeJan 10th, 2010 4:56pm (Jan 10th 2010)

Oh bless you CC many many thanks I hope these will work. I will get my Druids outfit pressed ready for the ceremony and rehearse the incantations for a successful taking.
    • CommentTimeJan 10th, 2010 5:32pm (Jan 10th 2010)

Could you try processing it through a hen first to give it the right starting conditions?
    • CommentTimeJan 10th, 2010 7:07pm (Jan 10th 2010)

Oh I don't know that I would be able to go through all the poop they do Ollie it is bad enough clearing up after them as it is with out disecting every drop and you never know which hen is doing which poo.
    • CommentTimeJan 10th, 2010 7:46pm (Jan 10th 2010)

Eric 'Titchmarsh' says that the hole needs to be quarter inch wide by half inch deep and fill it with berries. At least, that's what worked for us!
    • CommentTimeJan 10th, 2010 8:33pm (Jan 10th 2010)

Oh do thank Eric for the info, I will get Grandad North to do the drilling for me and will keep you posted with any sign of growth.
    • CommentTimeJan 10th, 2010 8:40pm (Jan 10th 2010)

Good old CC. There's the better guide! I wouldn't fancy going through the excrement but if they had something a little laxative, maybe that would make it easier to spot the required deposit?

Many years ago I tried scrunching mistletoe berries into my holly tree as an experiment. No result.
    • CommentTimeJan 10th, 2010 11:50pm (Jan 10th 2010) edited

Posted By: chief chickenRight, NN, the berries are on their way in one of Bits' old pill bottles!

I'd love a customs officer to find them! :D

Thanks for the input - when the ice goes away I'll go to the garden centre and purchase a spike!!!
    • CommentTimeJan 11th, 2010 1:01am (Jan 11th 2010)

This comment almost fits the thread if you live in the UK and one visits you.

Saw a tv doco yesterday, narrator David Attenborough of course ( my favourite) on a sett of badgers living in Devon in the UK. They put the cameras right down into their burrows which went for metres and metres.
    It was an incredible insight into an interesting and appealing creature. Farmers might not like them but I think they are delightful. They roll bundles of cut hay into their burrows and make a bed and they then tidy and make it every day, better at house keeping than me!

Apparently they only live in family groups in the UK, elsewhere in the world they are much more solitary. They love worms and happily dig for them even when it's cold and snowy.
    • CommentTimeJan 11th, 2010 1:15pm (Jan 11th 2010)

Poor Badgers they were thought to carry TB and the farmers hated them as they thought the badgers passed it on to the cattle.
    Now they are getting a lot better press and we are all learning to love them again. They are fascinating animals and wonderful to watch.
    • CommentTimeJan 11th, 2010 1:17pm (Jan 11th 2010)

Oh I meant to say we still have the moorhen in the garden. I put food out for it specially this morning and it doesn't seem quite so scared as it was yesterday.
    • CommentTimeJan 11th, 2010 3:01pm (Jan 11th 2010)

The farmers still don't like the badgers, even though the TB link is unproven. I feed the badgers we have left here, despite Berkley Homes attempt to kill them off to build their horrible yuppie bus-station-lookee-likey plastic houses.
    • CommentTimeJan 11th, 2010 5:54pm (Jan 11th 2010)

Oh that's nice you got some near you CC. I haven't seen any sign of any near to us.
    • CommentTimeJan 11th, 2010 8:00pm (Jan 11th 2010)

If you put peanuts out on the ground at night, you'd soon find out if there are any - they love peanuts!
    • CommentTimeJan 11th, 2010 8:02pm (Jan 11th 2010)

Oh I didn't know that CC I will have to tell Dan as there are several setts near where he lives.
    • CommentTimeJan 11th, 2010 10:30pm (Jan 11th 2010)

I read once that if rabies makes it to our shores there will be a mass cull of badgers as well as some other wildlife - probably foxes but can't remember now.

Sometime last year they wanted to cull badgers because of TB in cattle, and there was a lot of to and fro'ing between 'experts' on whether it should happen or not. It was the age old arguement between fact and monetary profit. I think the badgers won in the end, but if the farmers don't get their way they'll probably hunt/shoot/poison them instead.
    • CommentAuthorTracyB
    • CommentTimeJan 13th, 2010 8:54pm (Jan 13th 2010)

Unfortunaltey thats why you see more badgers on the side of the road these days, as it is illegal for farmers to kill them, they worked out that if they killed them and put them buy the side of the road people just think they have been hit by a car. We have badgers here, but I've never seen them, just he big toilets they dig. they can't have dig up your lawn though. FOr some reason they don't seem to like my garden but dig up everyone elses at the house
    • CommentTimeJan 13th, 2010 11:29pm (Jan 13th 2010)

I didn't know that Tracy, but now you mention it, its amazing how many times you see one that doesn't look like its been hit. Terrible.
    • CommentTimeJan 14th, 2010 1:31pm (Jan 14th 2010)

CC the berries arrived a short while ago. Thank you everso much. I will get Jay to help me with them this weekend. It was lucky the package fitted through the letter box as I am a tad disabled at the mo. I will put the details in carrots and bananas.
    • CommentTimeJan 14th, 2010 1:32pm (Jan 14th 2010)

Oh forgot to tell you Moorhen still with us even though Daisy knows it is here now. She got told off yesterday for chasing it !!
    • CommentTimeJan 14th, 2010 8:43pm (Jan 14th 2010)

Ha ha Grandad North was very puzzled at Bits medicine bottle CC. I think he thought we had another animal hidden somewhere to begin with. Ha ha. Again many thanks for your kindness.
    • CommentTimeJan 14th, 2010 9:00pm (Jan 14th 2010)

I just hope they take! Don't let grandad North eat 'em with his pills in the morning....:)
    • CommentTimeJan 14th, 2010 9:03pm (Jan 14th 2010)

Ha ha He has been warned to leave them alone, but had a good look at them !!! Jay said he will help me with them.
    • CommentTimeJan 18th, 2010 7:39pm (Jan 18th 2010)

Berries all attached to the tree CC, You picked loads so I was able to try several different ways, so it is fingers crossed now that we get something from them.
    • CommentTimeJan 18th, 2010 8:34pm (Jan 18th 2010)

Hope some of it takes root for you NN.

I bought a feeder for the garden - hubby put the post in but it leans. Oh well. I put it together following the instructions - should have copied the picture instead. One of the hangers is at knee height and I can't move it because the screw won't come out of the joint. Never mind. Put the peanuts in the wire feeder - the hanger thing broke. Hubby did a bodge-job with some cable ties. Hurray!

Have the birds been using it? Nope. Beginning to wish I hadn't bothered!
    • CommentTimeJan 18th, 2010 8:54pm (Jan 18th 2010)

Sounds as though you should take it back to the shop, Kate! The birds will take a couple of days to get used to it, if ours is anything to go by...
    • CommentTimeJan 18th, 2010 8:55pm (Jan 18th 2010)

Oh what a shame about your feeder spike Kate. I followed the picture when I put mine up as I didnt see the printed instructions until I went to chuck the box away. Give the birds a few days to get used to it, especially if you haven't fed them in your garden before. We are supposed to have some more nasty weather come Weds/Thurs so they will probably find it then. Oh don't forget that the birds need fresh water as well.
      CommentAuthorDianeonWhidbey
    • CommentTimeJan 19th, 2010 6:07pm (Jan 19th 2010) edited

Do you have black shelled sunflower seeds there, Kate? The birdies LOVE 'em. Altho - they totally love peanuts too.

I think its fun to watch how birds find a feeder. In my yard, anyway, its the little birds first. Sparrows, Chickadees, Juncos. Then the bigger birds (and squirrels) go: "Hey, wot? Look at those little birds!" And suddenly there are 10 or 15 different species.

And suet. They love suet too. I get lots of woodpeckers with that.

Black shelled sunflower, peanuts, and suet - the trifecta. And water.

• CommentTimeJan 19th, 2010 9:26pm (Jan 19th 2010)

I don't know if there's been any interest the past few days - its dark when I leave to go to work and dark when I come home! There is a bird bath dish on it too so they can drink from that. Once they're showing some sort of interest I'll buy some other foods for them.

Have you still got the moorhen NN? Do you think its injured?
    • CommentTimeJan 20th, 2010 2:49am (Jan 20th 2010)

Don't worry Kate they will come eventually, they like to check anything new out to make sure they will be safe.

The moorhen has gone now Kate. Daisy thought it was Christmas and Easter rolled into one when she discovered it and wouldn't leave it alone. She really fancied catching it but it was to quick for her. It didn't seem injured in any way, I think it was hungry as it was eating really well. It stayed with us four days and then the snow was starting to melt hence Daisy venturing back outside.
    • CommentTimeJan 20th, 2010 9:50pm (Jan 20th 2010)

Yes, maybe it just figured it'd found some easy food in the bad weather. Or perhaps was a bit weak if it'd been struggling to fly and just needed to rest to get its strength back. It was a lovely addition to your garden for a short while though!

PS still no feathered takers for the feeder!
    • CommentTimeJan 21st, 2010 7:53pm (Jan 21st 2010)

I did roast duck for our meal tonight and Jay has been teasing me that it was the moorhen !!!!
    • CommentTimeJan 21st, 2010 10:28pm (Jan 21st 2010)

LOL!!! I know times are hard NN but ... !!!
    • CommentTimeJan 22nd, 2010 9:33am (Jan 22nd 2010)

Ha ha, do you know I felt real guilty about eating the duck, It had never bothered me about eating meat untill about fifteen years ago. I do still eat it but in small quantities now.
    • CommentTimeJan 22nd, 2010 9:48pm (Jan 22nd 2010)

Hubby saw 2 birds on the feeder today - a pigeon and a magpie! DOH!! He said the pigeon was really fat so when it landed on the top the whole thing wobbled a bit and spilt water from the bath. Still, maybe the little ones will get the idea now too!
    • CommentTimeJan 23rd, 2010 8:08pm (Jan 23rd 2010)

Oh well done you have made a start with the feeding spike. The smaller ones should start to come soon thats unless the magpie puts them off. I get a squirrel come to mine sometimes and it noshes every thing. It is a real scrawny old thing but should be fat as a butter barrel.
    • CommentTimeJan 23rd, 2010 11:16pm (Jan 23rd 2010)

We have a lot of magpies that live in the big tree that overlooks all the gardens, so they're probably already scared to come, but I'm hoping that they'll think there's safety in numbers!
    • CommentTimeJan 24th, 2010 3:37pm (Jan 24th 2010)

If they see ANY bird using the table the others will soon follow, Kate.:fingerscrossed::)
    • CommentTimeJan 24th, 2010 3:38pm (Jan 24th 2010) edited

O yes, guess what I saw in our garden??
    MY LOST RING!!! Hooray!!
      CommentAuthorAce
    • CommentTimeJan 24th, 2010 4:21pm (Jan 24th 2010)

That's great CC! :boogie:
    • CommentTimeJan 24th, 2010 4:26pm (Jan 24th 2010)

It's also great for my friend who had the foresight to put dibs on it if I ever found it...:D
    • CommentTimeJan 24th, 2010 9:43pm (Jan 24th 2010)

I can't believe you found it after all this time CC! Well spotted!

The pigeon was back on the feeder today - he's very big!! He sat there for about half an hour pecking at the food he could get to.

We also had a new visitor this morning - a ginger and white tom cat. He strode up to the door and I swear he smiled at my cat as she stood there hissing at him! Then he sat in the sun for a bit and came back to the door. So I opened it and he tried to get in (which I didn't think would be a good idea) but was happy for me to fuss him. He's a bit scabby but very appealing. He reminds me of a cat visitor we had at our old house who disappeared a year or so before we moved. Maybe this is his reincarnation!
    • CommentTimeJan 25th, 2010 5:11pm (Jan 25th 2010)

Could be...what does your cat make of him? There's something very appealing about ginger cats; if yours doesn't object violently he could be a frequent guest!
    • CommentTimeJan 25th, 2010 7:54pm (Jan 25th 2010)

Good to see you back CC I have missed you, and how wonderful you have found your ring. Was it far from where you were standing when it flew off your finger?
    • CommentTimeJan 25th, 2010 8:01pm (Jan 25th 2010)

Ginger cats always seem to have a smile on their faces Kate. Funny thing is our ginger cat who calls in sometimes turned up yesterday, we hadn't seen him for a few weeks. He just wants a bit of fuss and a game if we are outside. I give him a handful of biscuits on the step if I am not out in the garden. He is a gentle old thing. I think he visits every one from what I can find out about him. No one seems to know who he belongs to, but he is always well brushed and nice and fat so no need to worry about him I think he just likes to visit people.
    • CommentTimeJan 25th, 2010 8:33pm (Jan 25th 2010)

NN, it was about 4 feet from where I was standing - but in completely the wrong direction! I wonder if the chickens scratted it over there. Or praps I'm just going mad!
    My brother fed a huuuuuge ginger cat but later found out that he had a perfectly loving home round the corner. Mind you, he probably moved out because they called him Prudence as a kitten and never changed his name when he grew up to be a huuuuuuuuuge tom. You have to look out for casual dropping-in ginger toms - that's how we acquired Bitsy cat!
    • CommentTimeJan 25th, 2010 8:58pm (Jan 25th 2010)

Thats strange how it was in the wrong dirsction but never mind you have it now and thats the main thing. If it happen again you will know to look in a four foot circle from where you were standing. Grandad North is alergic to ginger cats.
    • CommentTimeJan 25th, 2010 9:00pm (Jan 25th 2010)

I'm allergic to white rabbits. Still came home from the RSPCA with one when the lady gave me the old sob story...:\
    • CommentTimeJan 25th, 2010 9:13pm (Jan 25th 2010)

ahhh we are such softees when it comes to animals. Poor old prudence. I call the ginger cat that visits us Ginny he isn't worried and runs to me if I call him.
    • CommentTimeJan 25th, 2010 9:16pm (Jan 25th 2010)

Foggy was happy to hiss and spit at him! Our previous ginger tom visitor was the father to her litter of kittens so maybe she has desertion issues!!!!

He is very sweet and friendly but I can't decide if he has a human or not. He was a little bit scabby and shabby but not too bad. I hope he'll visit regularly.
    • CommentTimeJan 25th, 2010 9:23pm (Jan 25th 2010)

They soon get used to each other. The first time ginny came to visit us Jay and I had all the cats in the garden and we were having a good game with string on a stick with them all taking turns to chase the string. Sootz didnt even notice Ginny until just before it was time to come back in, Yet he had watched Ginny take his turn several times. We did laugh as he was so surprised and curious as to where he had appeared from.
    • CommentTimeJan 25th, 2010 9:26pm (Jan 25th 2010)

How strange NN! I think if she'd been out in the garden when he arrived she'd have run hell for leather to get back in the house. She's big and brave when there's a pane of glass in the way!
    • CommentTimeJan 25th, 2010 9:32pm (Jan 25th 2010)

I am lucky as three of my cats are so gentle, which is just as well as they are real big cats. Daisy is the small one and she can be a real little spitfire at times and isn't scared of nothing she will even go for dogs no matter how big they are. She is nice and gentle and loving with us now though. She had a bad start in life and spent a lot of time at the cats protection league. She was well worth persevering with though and I am so pleased we got her.
    • CommentTimeJan 26th, 2010 10:00pm (Jan 26th 2010)

She sounds like a sweetie. I definately want a Maine Coon but might get a rescue cat to keep it company. Hopefully I've got a long time to consider it though, as I've promised no more cats until my current girls 'leave'.
    • CommentTimeFeb 2nd, 2010 6:47pm (Feb 2nd 2010)

Are the smaller birds comming to your garden now Kate ? If you can get some meal worms you will get robins come as they love them. Wilkinsons do them they are dried and not wriggling about!!!
    • CommentTimeFeb 2nd, 2010 7:57pm (Feb 2nd 2010)

But those dried ones look exactly as if the ARE wriggling about!
    • CommentTimeFeb 2nd, 2010 8:14pm (Feb 2nd 2010)

Ha ha they do a bit Ollie.
    • CommentTimeFeb 2nd, 2010 8:28pm (Feb 2nd 2010)

No, still no little birds, just the pigeon and magpies. I suspect its because there's no natural cover for them, such as bushes. Mealworms are a good idea - I think I can give them to the rats too!
    • CommentTimeFeb 2nd, 2010 8:34pm (Feb 2nd 2010) edited

Oh I never thought of the rats having a few as well. Wilkinsons had an offer on last week for them. Still at least you have brought a little bit of life to your garden.
    Has the ginger cat visited lately?
    • CommentTimeFeb 2nd, 2010 8:36pm (Feb 2nd 2010)

I'm hoping when the weather improves and they start nesting they'll be more appreciative of my efforts! The magpies live in the tree that's 2 doors away so it could be that they are afraid of them too.
    • CommentTimeFeb 2nd, 2010 8:47pm (Feb 2nd 2010)

Yes they are a nuisance the Magpies. Beautiful big birds with magnificent plumage. but they do kill the little birds and take eggs and young from the nests.
    • CommentTimeFeb 2nd, 2010 8:49pm (Feb 2nd 2010)

They've always been my favourite bird, but they are evil. I don't want to drive them away (not that I could!) but would like to give the little ones a chance too, that's why I bought the feeder - I thought they'd get a look in with that.
    • CommentTimeFeb 2nd, 2010 8:57pm (Feb 2nd 2010)

Do you know they build a roof on their nests, honest I am not joking........The nest is unique in having two sections. The first is the normal cup-shaped nest, the second is a roof, making the whole nest appear dome-shaped
    Magpies are notorious for stealing shiny items to decorate their nests.
    • CommentTimeFeb 2nd, 2010 9:03pm (Feb 2nd 2010)

I knew they stole shiny things, but not about the roofed nest - fascinating! Very intelligent birds I think.
    • CommentTimeFeb 2nd, 2010 9:10pm (Feb 2nd 2010)

yes they are and learn new things very quickly
    • CommentTimeFeb 2nd, 2010 9:11pm (Feb 2nd 2010)

I had ten of them on my house roof yesterday - enough of them to lift it off if they had the mind to!
    • CommentTimeFeb 2nd, 2010 9:21pm (Feb 2nd 2010)

Cor I bet you could hear them stomping about Ollie. I get crows on top of my chimney and they shout down the pot and it srives my cats nuts.
    • CommentTimeFeb 3rd, 2010 3:25pm (Feb 3rd 2010)

It's funny when they do that - drives my cats loopy too. I think the birds sit up there and warm their bums when the fire's alight!
    • CommentTimeFeb 8th, 2010 5:39pm (Feb 8th 2010)

I moved my birdfeeder spike on Sunday as the birds didn't seem to be using it as much. Four blackbirds were checking it out before I had even got in. I think they are all filling up on the hens food so I will have to start putting a bit of it on the spike tray.
    • CommentTimeFeb 8th, 2010 10:23pm (Feb 8th 2010)

Perhaps I should do that - mine still isn't getting any interest!
    • CommentTimeFeb 9th, 2010 7:07pm (Feb 9th 2010)

It might be a good idea to try Kate. I have found in the past that if you put a red net of peanuts out the blue tits find them real quickly. Does anyone else along your street feed the birds? you could ask them what foods there birds like best. I always put bread on the bird table as well as other foods as many birds like it.
    • CommentTimeFeb 9th, 2010 7:49pm (Feb 9th 2010)

Bread for birds need to be soaked first please.
    Some authorities ask that birds not be given bread as it is inferior food and fills them up too much.
    • CommentTimeFeb 9th, 2010 9:43pm (Feb 9th 2010)

I don't know of anyonoe else that feeds the birds. We have a small wood a few hundred yards away - perhaps they prefer to get their own food!
    • CommentTimeFeb 13th, 2010 9:03pm (Feb 13th 2010)

Pinecone Bird Feeder
    Find a large, open pinecone and tie a long string around it towards the top of the cone. Spread peanut butter into all of the pinecone’s nooks and crannies. Then, roll the pinecone on a plate of wild bird seed. Hang the pinecone in a tree.
    • CommentAuthorTracyB
    • CommentTimeFeb 16th, 2010 9:13pm (Feb 16th 2010)

My neighbour calls my tree a restuarant as I've got 2 large peanut, 2 seed (1 large 1 medium, 2 fat ball (8 balls)and two fat block feeders up, I have to fill them up twice a week bless them they can't be getting much narual stuff from near us at the moment.
    • CommentTimeFeb 17th, 2010 5:34pm (Feb 17th 2010)

I bought a new fatball holder but nobody's gone near it yet...
    • CommentTimeFeb 17th, 2010 7:02pm (Feb 17th 2010)

The birds in my garden are going into the wet weather ark where the layers pellets feeder is hung and pigging out on that, They should have loads of eggs to hatch come spring. Hee hee.
    • CommentAuthorTracyB
    • CommentTimeFeb 17th, 2010 8:10pm (Feb 17th 2010)

bless that sounds lovely - wet weather ark, I now have a vision of all your girls in an ark like Noah's
    • CommentTimeFeb 17th, 2010 8:17pm (Feb 17th 2010)

Ha ha it isn't that posh Tracy, Grandad North made it up for them to keep their food dry. I was calling him Mr Noah while he was making it. Lucky he is a sweetie and takes all the teasing in good part.
    • CommentTimeFeb 18th, 2010 6:15pm (Feb 18th 2010)

My rabbits eat layers pellets. I'm looking forward to their eggs...
    • CommentTimeFeb 18th, 2010 6:22pm (Feb 18th 2010)

Ohh hope they lay in time for Easter CC, but if they are small and round I wouldn't eat them if I was you.:tooth:
      CommentAuthorDianeonWhidbey
    • CommentTimeFeb 18th, 2010 6:24pm (Feb 18th 2010)

LOL NN beat me to it. Came all the way in here to warn you off the tiny chocolate ones. :)
    • CommentTimeFeb 18th, 2010 6:33pm (Feb 18th 2010)

Nah, i've already given those away to small children...:devil:
    • CommentTimeFeb 18th, 2010 6:35pm (Feb 18th 2010)

yup best thing to do with them or you can always roll them in icing sugar and call them bon bons, The french love them Hee hee
    • CommentTimeFeb 18th, 2010 7:34pm (Feb 18th 2010)

Taste just the same too...
    • CommentTimeFeb 18th, 2010 8:11pm (Feb 18th 2010)

Ha ha I will take your word for that Ollie