• CommentTimeJul 30th, 2010 11:54pm (Jul 30th 2010)

Or perhaps the peacock is saying "so, tell me more about these hens you have back home. I'm single you know." (wink wink)
    • CommentTimeJul 31st, 2010 2:23pm (Jul 31st 2010)

Or
    "Right you can jolly well get back to the car and change that jacket right now that i told you not to ware today!!!!! one day you will listen to me!!!!!
    • CommentTimeJul 31st, 2010 3:35pm (Jul 31st 2010)

or
    How far did you say it is to the carpark, I only have short legs you know and flying is just not an option?
    • CommentTimeJul 31st, 2010 7:46pm (Jul 31st 2010)

Grandad north has just had a right good laugh as I read them all out to him. He said they are all right good and it is hard to pick a favourite.
    • CommentTimeJul 31st, 2010 9:38pm (Jul 31st 2010)

or

Come on, keep up. I'm fed up of you dawdling everywhere.
    • CommentTimeJul 31st, 2010 9:43pm (Jul 31st 2010)

or

that paparazzi is still following us - hurry up or we'll be in the Sunday papers again.
    • CommentTimeAug 1st, 2010 12:57am (Aug 1st 2010)

These are all brilliant and so funny I have started another in a new thread see what you can come up with.
    • CommentTimeAug 2nd, 2010 8:03pm (Aug 2nd 2010) edited

These dear little birds were eating the berries from this bush in my garden this evening. There is a bit of an age difference as you can see from their beaks. They are just so adorable
      baby bird.jpg
      toddler.jpg
    • CommentTimeAug 2nd, 2010 10:42pm (Aug 2nd 2010)

Are they thrushes NN? The first one has a definate reddish tinge - is that an age thing too?
    • CommentTimeAug 5th, 2010 7:38am (Aug 5th 2010)

They look like blackbirds to me
    • CommentTimeAug 5th, 2010 9:41pm (Aug 5th 2010)

No, blackbirds are ... black!!! Except the females that are plain brown, no speckled bits!
    • CommentTimeAug 12th, 2010 2:51pm (Aug 12th 2010)

I really hope they are Thrushes. We used to have two pairs of them that came into the garden. I was so sad when the sparrow hawk had one and the Magpies had the chicks from the other pair.
    • CommentTimeDec 17th, 2010 10:09pm (Dec 17th 2010) edited

You remember last year I had the moor hen come to visit. Well today I saw this big bird in the veg garden but couldn't make out what it was. Sootz and I went and had a look out of the bathroom window to try and see what it was. It was mega cold with the wind howling through but worth it in the end as it was a hen pheasant and it looked very pretty. I managed to get this picture when it jumped up on the fence.
      hen pheasant.jpg
    • CommentTimeDec 17th, 2010 10:14pm (Dec 17th 2010)

Here is Sootz having a good look see !!
      Soots.jpg
    • CommentTimeDec 18th, 2010 9:15am (Dec 18th 2010)

Love it NN very nice capture both of them !!!!!!!!!! :face-smile:
    • CommentTimeDec 18th, 2010 5:18pm (Dec 18th 2010)

What a lovely bird! How lucky that she graced your garden - and gave Sootz something to interest him!
    • CommentTimeDec 20th, 2010 5:24am (Dec 20th 2010)

he he Sootz is really having a good look. Pretty bird.
    • CommentTimeFeb 24th, 2011 10:52pm (Feb 24th 2011)

I have a small, robin like, bird picking up the bits that drop off the fat balls. It is rather fluffed up and seems to have a hunched back. Does that make sense?
    It also had white patches round the eyes.

Any ideas please?
    • CommentTimeFeb 25th, 2011 12:02pm (Feb 25th 2011)

Oh that's a difficult one Ollie. Is it a Pied wagtail?
      pied wagtail.jpg
    • CommentTimeFeb 25th, 2011 6:53pm (Feb 25th 2011)

Gosh, no. Though it does have that kind of a face but a blunter beak and short tail.
    I think it must be a robin that has some albino markings.
    It moves like a robin and does prefer to be lower down than the sparrows and starlings most of the time.
    • CommentTimeFeb 25th, 2011 8:27pm (Feb 25th 2011)

How about a tree sparrow. You can always have a look here and see if you can spot it.
      tree sparrow.jpg
    • CommentTimeFeb 26th, 2011 12:39pm (Feb 26th 2011)

I do have some of those too so can compare.
    The face spots are similar. Has longer legs and is much more perky tahn a sparrow. Red breast is there as well.
    • CommentTimeFeb 26th, 2011 4:40pm (Feb 26th 2011)

Bullfinch?
    • CommentTimeFeb 26th, 2011 9:35pm (Feb 26th 2011)

Nope.
    • CommentTimeFeb 27th, 2011 1:48pm (Feb 27th 2011)

Must be a mutant robin then Ollie !!!!
    • CommentTimeMar 1st, 2011 1:07am (Mar 1st 2011)

Oooh there's these weird black and white birds about the size of sparrows that I see all the time in Stoke, they're really odd looking but no idea what they are...
    • CommentTimeMar 1st, 2011 6:22pm (Mar 1st 2011)

Not the wagtail, shown above, Red?
    • CommentTimeMar 1st, 2011 7:57pm (Mar 1st 2011)

I've seen a picture of a red breasted nuthatch and that's a bit like a robin. An american robin is very different to our native one - could it be that?

Could the small black and white bird have been this? http://www.pbase.com/tirc/british_birds&page=4

a pied flycatcher?
    • CommentTimeMar 2nd, 2011 5:44pm (Mar 2nd 2011)

I'm not sure CC. I haven't seem them for awhile, but they seem more...stripey than that, I guess. They really brighten up the city though!
    • CommentTimeMar 2nd, 2011 7:48pm (Mar 2nd 2011)

Not zebras with 2 legs broke off?
    • CommentTimeMar 2nd, 2011 7:53pm (Mar 2nd 2011)

Ha ha ha How ever do you think these things up CC you just crack me up.:face-devil-grin:
    • CommentTimeMar 3rd, 2011 12:16am (Mar 3rd 2011)

Hmm, maybe a two-legged zebra with wings...
    • CommentTimeMar 3rd, 2011 5:33pm (Mar 3rd 2011)

Posted By: nanny northHow ever do you think these things up CC

It's the drink...:drinkparty:
    • CommentAuthorShobhna
    • CommentTimeMar 4th, 2011 1:38pm (Mar 4th 2011)

see, I always said wine was good for something and now CC agrees with me. :face-smile:
    • CommentTimeMar 4th, 2011 6:38pm (Mar 4th 2011)

:drinkparty:!
    • CommentTimeMar 4th, 2011 7:57pm (Mar 4th 2011)

Don,t forget me in this wine thing Girls!!!!!!!!!!! :drunk:
    • CommentTimeMar 4th, 2011 8:32pm (Mar 4th 2011)

We don't drink but I do use wine in cooking............yes I know criminal isn't it :face-devil-grin:
    • CommentTimeMar 4th, 2011 8:47pm (Mar 4th 2011)

NN!!!!!!!!!! That is very bad indeed :face-smile:
    • CommentTimeMar 4th, 2011 8:50pm (Mar 4th 2011)

delicious scram though !!!
    • CommentTimeMar 6th, 2011 3:17pm (Mar 6th 2011)

I hate wine :ack2:
    • CommentTimeMar 6th, 2011 6:50pm (Mar 6th 2011)

Red, I don't like wine either, gack. :ack2:
    • CommentTimeMar 7th, 2011 6:28pm (Mar 7th 2011)

I'll have yours...:drinkparty:
    • CommentTimeMar 7th, 2011 6:29pm (Mar 7th 2011)

You'll have to fight Lyle for it!! :tooth:
    • CommentTimeMar 7th, 2011 6:36pm (Mar 7th 2011)

:_oh_really:
    • CommentTimeMar 9th, 2011 12:10am (Mar 9th 2011) edited

Lyle ---> :tearhair:
    • CommentTimeMar 9th, 2011 5:11pm (Mar 9th 2011)

C'mon if you fink yer 'ard enough...:drinkparty: