CommentAuthorDianeonWhidbey
    • CommentTimeJan 14th, 2010 4:25pm (Jan 14th 2010)

Feeling stunned and so sad for all the people in Haiti. :cry:
    • CommentTimeJan 14th, 2010 4:35pm (Jan 14th 2010) edited

Very sad indeed we worry with a bit of snow!!! :confused1:
    • CommentTimeJan 14th, 2010 4:58pm (Jan 14th 2010)

They're setting up a donations hotline which should be up and running tomorrow - although they'd already raised £30,000 by 9am today!
    • CommentTimeJan 14th, 2010 8:06pm (Jan 14th 2010)

It is just so awful and breaks your heart.
    • CommentTimeJan 15th, 2010 12:42am (Jan 15th 2010)

We are so fortunate arent we? Im glad I dont live in an earthquake prone area but I guess it can happen anywhere. The death toll is just awful.
    • CommentTimeJan 15th, 2010 6:11am (Jan 15th 2010)

My new step granddaughter was there on vacation 3 weeks ago..I'm thankful the earthquake didn't happen then..it's so awful to see those poor people suffering so badly down there. Earthquakes are so scary..I've been through 3 big ones here in Washington state..they're horrible, frightening things.
    • CommentTimeFeb 2nd, 2010 5:03pm (Feb 2nd 2010)

I found this looking through news on Haiti and thought you might like to share it to. Very touching.

Two hundred years of your Independence,
    Yet I still wonder if this is your sentence.
    Many believe that your strength is immense,
    But I have yet to see them come to your defense.

You've been facing struggles since you began.
    So, giving up should never be a plan.
    Instead, the world should lend a helping hand.
    Maybe then you would become a prosperous land.

From many miles away I can feel the distress,
    Of a country where freedom is being suppressed.
    Since of your demise, I am not yet convinced.
    When I pray at night I pray that you be blessed.

Though you are said to be one of the poorest.
    Those who have seen you have seen a treasure chest.
    I know that right now you are put to the test,
    But the day will come when you will finally rest
    • CommentAuthorTracyB
    • CommentTimeFeb 2nd, 2010 6:36pm (Feb 2nd 2010)

your right Leevaux, very touching - thanks for sharing
    • CommentTimeFeb 2nd, 2010 6:40pm (Feb 2nd 2010)

That's real nice Lee.
    • CommentAuthorGeorgie:)
    • CommentTimeFeb 19th, 2010 4:23pm (Feb 19th 2010)

Our school did a donation day and, someone donated a banana! I don't think that got very far! I think its Orteese or something like that out of the boy band JLS some of his family has been injured or died. :'(
    • CommentTimeFeb 19th, 2010 4:45pm (Feb 19th 2010)

Ha Georgie a banana!!!! thats a strange thing to donate i suppose tined food would be best and maybe cloths and shoes.
    • CommentAuthorGeorgie:)
    • CommentTimeFeb 19th, 2010 4:49pm (Feb 19th 2010)

Yup, I would laugh if someone donated some Jimmy shoes or Chose, however you spell/say them.
    • CommentTimeFeb 19th, 2010 4:57pm (Feb 19th 2010) edited

Georgie i did not even no what Jimmy choo was until i asked my wife and she told me they were designer shoes and boy they are loads of money!!!!!!!!!!!
      Jimmy Choo Lover.jpg
    • CommentTimeFeb 19th, 2010 6:39pm (Feb 19th 2010)

Ohh I adore Jimmy choo's but they are a bit out of my pocket nowadays.
    • CommentTimeFeb 19th, 2010 7:26pm (Feb 19th 2010)

Ow. The balls of my feet hurt just LOOKING at 'em. And a pain in the bank account too...
    • CommentAuthorGeorgie:)
    • CommentTimeFeb 19th, 2010 7:51pm (Feb 19th 2010)

O: I knew they were expensive high heels, but not like that!
    When you try them on in the shop thats why they only have small mirrors so you can't see your face expression from the pain! :L
    • CommentTimeFeb 19th, 2010 8:07pm (Feb 19th 2010)

Too right!
    • CommentTimeFeb 19th, 2010 10:28pm (Feb 19th 2010)

They are beautiful - our Chief Exec used to wear them all the time. It was her one extravagance. I've never even seen a pair in the shops, let alone tried any on!
    • CommentAuthorGeorgie:)
    • CommentTimeFeb 20th, 2010 12:04pm (Feb 20th 2010)

Same, I think you have to order them online in the UK.
    • CommentAuthorTracyB
    • CommentTimeFeb 21st, 2010 9:47pm (Feb 21st 2010)

my twin sometmes buys Jimmy Choos on ebay, she loves them. Even on ebay I couldn't bring myself to buy them, plus the fact he doens't appear to do much under a 2.5" heel and if you've got back problems its not great. My only consolation is telling Tina that when she is 60/70 she will still have to wear 4" heals as her legs wont cope with flats :-)
    • CommentAuthorGeorgie:)
    • CommentTimeFeb 23rd, 2010 4:39pm (Feb 23rd 2010)

To be honest, I realy dont need to wear high heals, my form tutor was wearing them and I'm taller than her, when she had taken them off, it was like she dropped 3 feet! I dont need them I'm just short of 5'9" at 12!
    • CommentTimeFeb 23rd, 2010 6:30pm (Feb 23rd 2010)

Nice to be tall you don't miss anything that way. I used to wear real high heels, but tend not to nowadays unless I am going out somewhere special.
    • CommentTimeFeb 23rd, 2010 6:42pm (Feb 23rd 2010)

These are the only high heels i ware!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
      Creeper-400_S_C.jpg
    • CommentTimeFeb 23rd, 2010 6:46pm (Feb 23rd 2010)

We used to call them brothel creepers..... hee hee cool
    • CommentTimeFeb 23rd, 2010 7:46pm (Feb 23rd 2010)

Only when i go out mind with my Tartan trousers!!
    • CommentTimeFeb 23rd, 2010 7:49pm (Feb 23rd 2010)

And here is another man that wares them!!!!!!!
      HarryHillPIC1.jpg
    • CommentTimeFeb 23rd, 2010 7:59pm (Feb 23rd 2010)

Oh the TV burp man Grandad North met him once and said he was a real hoot
    • CommentTimeFeb 23rd, 2010 8:02pm (Feb 23rd 2010)

He is so Funny we love him in our household!!!!!
    • CommentAuthorTracyB
    • CommentTimeFeb 23rd, 2010 8:48pm (Feb 23rd 2010)

I can't cope with him, he doe smy head in..... :-)
    • CommentTimeFeb 23rd, 2010 10:07pm (Feb 23rd 2010)

I never used to like Harry Hill, but he's really grown on me of late. Its nice to hear that he was a nice man when your hubby met him NN.

I once met Carl Howman (was in Brushstrokes and the flash adverts) and he was really miserable. My friend was a big fan of John Nettles (Midsomer Murders) but said he was quite rude when she met him. It was at a hotel and he was sitting in the middle of the lounge. She and her hubby were there to celebrate their wedding anniversary and asked if they could have his autograph. He was horrible, rude, and refused. I can understand they must get fed up of it, but my friend is very quiet and polite, and its the general public that pay his wages in the long run!
    • CommentTimeFeb 24th, 2010 3:43pm (Feb 24th 2010)

Nettles was rude about our area too, Kate; comes here to film MMurders (which makes his money)and then slags the area off saying about aircraft noise. :\
    • CommentTimeFeb 24th, 2010 6:01pm (Feb 24th 2010)

I don't pay any of their wages. Never heard of these blokes. I don't see much TV, seems to be all time filling/wasting stuff, even over all the many, many channels on Sky tv.
    • CommentTimeFeb 24th, 2010 6:38pm (Feb 24th 2010)

Tell you what, Ollie, you aren't missing much. If it weren't for Corrie and the Antiques Road Show I'm not sure I'd bother either!
    • CommentTimeFeb 24th, 2010 7:01pm (Feb 24th 2010)

A lot of them are like that it makes me so cross as it is all due to us that they have become ""stars"" I wouldn't bother with the TV hardly at all, but Grandad North has to have it on even of he isn't watching it. I think it is to save him having to talk to me, He isn't one for small talk and gets on my nerves sometimes as he never listens :rant_red2:
    • CommentTimeFeb 24th, 2010 8:13pm (Feb 24th 2010)

Now I do watch Antiques Road Show. I sometimes seem to have some of the stuff they put on, problem is it isn't the Lalique or marble busts type. Interesting to see the values of things almost mistaken for junk! Though why would you call into that show on your way to the tip?
    • CommentTimeFeb 24th, 2010 8:51pm (Feb 24th 2010)

I actually like M-Murders! I watch a lot of TV and think 'stars' have to take it on the chin sometimes. There are plenty of famous people who manage to live their lives without excessive intrusion by the press. They can't have it both ways - publicity to make money when they want it and privacy when they can't be bothered.
    • CommentAuthorTracyB
    • CommentTimeFeb 24th, 2010 9:01pm (Feb 24th 2010)

I missed out on meeting the Time Team team - they came to the house to do a programme on the old church that used ot be here as the farmer found 4-5 skeletons when he was converting a barn for his mum and day. Out of the 7 families that live here I was the only one that watched the programme and was away in Hong Kong for the whole 3 days they were here.... my sisters, mum and dad practically moved in so they could tell me all about it. Tony Robinson was a miserable s*d apparently but the geo-fiz guys wre nice and the archeologists too. And suprise suprise - 3 days filming and they didn't really tell us anything we didn't now bless them. Best thing ws they fould a very early roman cremation half way thorughthe last day.
    • CommentTimeFeb 24th, 2010 9:07pm (Feb 24th 2010)

We watch Time Team pretty regularly - I thought he'd be a nice guy so am surprised! They don't really find much that isn't already known do they, but its easy watching. How exciting that they were in your place though!
    • CommentAuthorTracyB
    • CommentTimeFeb 24th, 2010 9:11pm (Feb 24th 2010)

I couldn't beleive it when they told us the date they would come. TR spent alot of his time sittign in his jag on the phone aparenlty when they were not filming and walked past people when it was obvious they lived int he building and never said a word. It always makes me laugh when they fidn a peice of pot about 1" by 1" and then draw a pic of a pot about 2ft tall... :-) Drives Gary nuts, which helps with the amusement factor enormously
    • CommentTimeFeb 25th, 2010 2:39pm (Feb 25th 2010)

I think i remember that one Tracy was it Glenden hall, it was quite a while back. Typical that you missed it. I like to watch it as well, but they do make me laugh when they find a couple of bits of stonework and decide it must be a chapel or a Manor house. Or the worst one is it must be ritual !!! They should be starting a new series in March.
    • CommentAuthorTracyB
    • CommentTimeFeb 25th, 2010 7:37pm (Feb 25th 2010) edited

Yes it is Glendon your right NN. They were in my lounge on the programme as I've got the stained glass windows from the church before it was demollished during reformation i think - they are dated 1570 I think. Needless to say it a great excuse not to clean them - way to fragile. :-)
    • CommentAuthorTracyB
    • CommentTimeFeb 25th, 2010 7:50pm (Feb 25th 2010)

www.shelterbox.org/

not sure if you guys have seen this website - we raised £500 at work which buys 1 complete shelter box, it contains everything that a family need, a tent, cooking utensiles, etc etc. I think the page below should show you whats in a box

www.shelterbox.org/uploads/Sources/Downloads/ShelterBoxIMPACTREPORT09lores.pdf
    • CommentTimeFeb 25th, 2010 8:08pm (Feb 25th 2010)

Fantastic to have such wonderful windows Tracy. I hate window cleaning and only do it if I really have to.
    I will have a look at the website tomorrow when the TV isn't on.
    • CommentTimeFeb 25th, 2010 10:17pm (Feb 25th 2010)

TT is one of those problems where they can say anything about what they find and we will all go "wow, fantastic" and believe them.

Looking at some of the things I dug up as a child, our house was built on a stone age village, which was later buried under a roman villa, which was then knocked down to make way for a tudor church. I'm sure it wasn't just a bit of an old plant pot that my mom broke. ;)
    • CommentAuthorTracyB
    • CommentTimeFeb 27th, 2010 8:30pm (Feb 27th 2010)

ha. ha your so right Kateb